QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Erfahrungen

Über QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Die führende Buchhaltungssoftware für Kleinunternehmen. Sofortiger Zugriff auf Kunden-, Lieferanten- und Mitarbeiterinformationen.

Erfahre mehr über QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Easy to use, and fantastic to collaborate with our accountant. This popular application also connect with many other applications with Zapier.

Nothing really major is wrong but just a slight problem with the customer service, had a problem deleting my previous account and was told that they cannot delete it.

Bewertungen zu QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 20.230 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (20.228)

Angela Anne
Volunteer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Well... It is what it is?

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Blake
Blake
Ecommerce & Consumer Products Manager in USA
Metallabbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Value for the money is incredible

Kommentare: Great, would recommend! Any sort of business needs accounting software, and your business should use Quickbooks. If given the choice, we would use this again.

The seamless integrations, technical (both IT & Accounting) support, and intuitive user interface provides a great experience for automating a small or midsize operation

It loads slowly -- I feel like Quickbooks constrains the amount of servers it dedicates to this platform. There are businesses that have far more transactions that we, and it still takes a while for reports or pages to render.

Obeng
Establishing Excellent Building Materials in Ghana
Baumaterial, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

The easiest and most accountable software ever seen.

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise makes your company work easier and faster and gives you all the ability to access everything you are building as company and as a businessman or manager.

The fact that you can account for all your multiple projects and your profits. And also been able to know everything that is going on in your business by using the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.

Having the fact that it will be challenging in managing all the multiple project at once and at the same time.

Alicia
Bookkeeper in USA
Maschinerie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Software Glitch since 2023 Version still not resolved, unable to send statements

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Today, Nothing! I am fed up with wasting time on a problem they could have easily fixed.

They have been made aware by numerous customers that after the upgrade to 2023 software we are no longer able to send statements. They stated they "turned off" the customer sort function, so you can no longer choose to generate statements for only customers with a balance. It will generate a statement for EVERY single customer you have, IF you have less than 4500, EVERY time. If , like us, you have been with them for years and years and have more than 4500 customers it just creates an error message and will do nothing. The only option is to scroll through all you thousands of customers and individually select the ones you want to send statements to. It takes a few hours!! It is a simple sort function, that used to take 1 minute for the software to perform. They have been aware of the problem since April of 2023 and have done nothing. They did not fix it in the 2024 Edition either. Customer support just wastes several hours of your time trying things that don't work, and then they "create a support ticket" for you. Mine was created in May of 2023, and still nothing has been done. We pay extra to have Enterprise because we have a huge customer base and so we are forced to purchase Enterprise instead of the cheaper versions, but then they have a glitch that makes a VERY BASIC function, sending out monthly statements, not work. We are tired of waiting for them to fix this and are looking to switch to a different software. It is very frustrating that after being a customer for years and years to have to change accounting programs.

Marco
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Quickbooks works well!

Kommentare: Works quite well for what we need. I love that it checks my math for me, less room for human error. I use it each and every day.

Well I’ve gotten used to using it and relying on it for everything. Invoices and accounts receivable. Entering all my credit card, bank and cash purchases for the business. Also creating POs for what we purchase for the business to sell. Everything. Easy to use. Easy to find what we need.

Nothing! Not much to say here. Happy with it.

Aishwarya
Quickbooks in Indien
Buchhaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Quickbooks

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: A very good and positive experience I have with Quick book

The service and books are awesome. Price is good enough.

Service and reasonable price good product packages too.

Amy
Business Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Quickbooks Desktop Ease of use

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: QB has been my first choice for the past 20 years of managing businesses. It's ease of use and setup are by far the best I have found with similar products out there. Whether you have 4 employees or 100, need only a desktop version or an online version - Quickbooks is the one you want.

It is very easy to set up and use. I have used desktop for over 20 years and have loved it. I recently did switch over to QB Online with one company I manage which I find also very easy to use seeing as it can go anywhere with you and you can access it from any computer. Desktop has all of the features needed for a small, basic company but also can withstand the demand of a larger business. The ease of billing, payments, reporting and reconciling are well worth it's cost. Upon set-up there are pre-loaded accounts for you as well, so if you are unsure as to how to start QB makes it VERY easy to help get you pointed in the right direction.

From my experience it can't be utilized from any computer - you need to have the software installed in order to use this product which makes it difficult if you travel or need access from multiple locations.

Jeff
Jeff
Operations Manager in Kanada
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hmmmm... Take some time to plan.

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: If you are going to use QB Desktop Enterprise, PLEASE make sure you plan ahead for things such as inventory control issues like units of measure. How do you purchase your products vs how to you consume/sell them. We run the manufacturing edition, so we have experienced some challenges with this.

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is good, there is no doubt about that. It is relatively straightforward to use and maintain. It has a lot of functionality and features that are very beneficial.

Where do I start? One of the issues that we encounter is every time there is an update, it seems to break the Database Manger. We looked at switching to Quickbooks Online Advanced to make things easier, but it is VERY lacking in comparison. QB Desktop Enterprise, in most cases, is hosted locally. This leads to issues with server and maintenance. The features are very antiquated compared to other online options that are currently available.

Julia
Virtual Assistant in Philippinen
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It has a seamless UI which is good for digital employees in keeping up with their day-to-day tasks, as well as monitoring their timesheets.

The user interface is nice, especially for digital workers, with features that are quite efficient for team management.

Nothing. It's good, especially for time tracking.

Resha
Bookkeeper in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Great product

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I like the fact that I can easily organize and update information user friendly I like it

No issues or complaints it seems to do what it suppose to do

Mohammed Abdul
Strategy Advisor in UK
Staatsverwaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

QuickBooks needs quick fixes

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Overall it's a good software but some features really need to pop out more.

The user permissions settings is a finicky

Christian
Revenue Specialist in Costa Rica
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

QuickBooks Review

Kommentare: I used to provide support for this software in a tech company, I am accountant and IT, net frameworks is not a good idea to run this but other than that is good for small and medium sized business, good for the price, have in mind may take some resources if you will use in a portable device like a windows tablet.

It is good for people that runs a small business but does not know book keeping, if you do know book keeping or accounting, is not recommended as you know double crossing accounts and not being able to see that process gets on your nerves, you are better using something similar to sage or what used to be peach.

I did not like that uses Microsoft. Net framework to run, if framework brakes, you are and you need to clean install windows, you have to back up, format, install, set up and restore everything, also in have seen cases where they do not support software after just four years which really sucks as you have to buy the newest version.

Antwort von Intuit

Thanks for your honest review, Christian. It's great to know you found QuickBooks to be a helpful and cost-effective tool for a range of businesses. We want to make sure you enjoy every aspect of the product. For more info on ways we're working to improve and provide even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, the Community is a great resource to find detailed articles and expert advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/). Wishing you the best. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Nelson Kipchirchir
Nelson Kipchirchir
Regional Coordinator in UK
Telekommunikation, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best accounting solution in the market!

Kommentare: QuickBooks solves almost all the accounting problems in my organization eg; Budgeting, bills payment, reporting, tax preparation etc.

- The budgeting module is very good as it allows me to keep track of my revenue and expenses as per the budget and gives a whole impression on the organization's performance. - I loved the flexibility of the software when it comes to integration with software from other vendors. - The pricing is awesome especially for small and upcoming businesses. - Very easy to learn and put it in use, so far so good. No crashes, bugs, or hanging. -

- The software lacks the current business trend features like barcoding and lot tracking. - Limitation on the number of users is also one of the aspects I disliked. - I wished there was the ability to generate other reports apart from the current one which is accounting based only. - As much as it is good for small business as ours, it becomes hard to use when the business grows and become large.

Samuel
Director in Nigeria
Bankwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Accounting Solution Application

Kommentare: The arranging module is brilliant as it grants me to screen my pay and expenses as indicated by the monetary arrangement and gives a whole effect on the affiliation's display. - I revered the flexibility of the item concerning getting together with programming from various dealers. - The assessing is astonishing especially for little and approaching associations. - Very easy to learn and put it being utilized, no issues as of recently. No mishaps, bugs, or hanging.
Assessing was satisfactory and was pas per our monetary arrangement. - The size of the affiliation was in like manner a matter of thought.

QuickBooks handles basically all the accounting issues in my affiliation eg; Budgeting, charges portion, uncovering, charge status, etc QuickBooks makes a fine appearing with major accounting limits, is by and large easy to use, and the report suite is beyond anyone's expectations for privately owned businesses.

The item doesn't have the current business design features like barcoding and part following. - Limitation on the amount of customers is moreover one of the perspectives I disdained. - I wished there was the ability to create various reports isolated from the current one which is accounting based in a manner of speaking. - As much as it is valuable for private endeavor as our own, it ends up being hard to use when the business creates and end up being enormous.

Lindsay
Operations Administrator in USA
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It Does Everything and GREAT Customer Service Representatives

Kommentare: We have benefitted greatly from using Quickbooks. We are able to manage the majority of our bookkeeping details and reports internally because of it. We use Quickbooks to track every expense, invoice clients, create quotes, see profit and loss reports, manage our accounts and see where our money is going.

Quickbooks can integrate with numerous platforms and since it's a market leader, there are lots of forums and helpful resources. It can due so much and is our "one stop shop" for bookkeeping needs. I have had WONDERFUL experience with their customer service representatives... I hang up the phone with a smile and have always felt like I got the resolution I was seeking. Their representatives have been so patient, always taking as much time as needed to help resolve any and all issues I have, and they communicate in a way that seems to say that they enjoy their job and are pleased to be of assistance.

It takes a while to get oriented in Quickbooks and familiar with all that it can do -- which can be a bit overwhelming, as it is not a very clean or user friendly platform -- but after getting more familiar, its "vastness" has become more of an asset. We used Quickbooks' additional payroll service for a year before realizing that it was not the most cost effective way to go (at least it was starting to feel quite steep!). Our first payment was much lower than the rest. Perhaps we landed on a good deal, but it felt a bit more like a bait and switch scheme.

Antwort von Intuit

Thank you for your honest review, Lindsay. I'm glad QuickBooks vast feature set has become an asset to you, but we realize learning anything new can be a bit overwhelming at times. With this said, you mentioned you've had a chance to check out some of our forums and resources, like those hosted on the Community at https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o. I'm delighted you've explored these, as they were made with you in mind. These spaces are meant to help you get oriented to the product faster, and another awesome one-stop shop for support is our Resource Center (https://intuit.me/2rI3OKd). As for Payroll pricing, please know we have cost-efficient options so you always get the value you deserve. I'd be happy to dig into this with you further and invite you to message me directly (QBCares@Intuit.com). This way, I can dig into your details and go from there. Thrilled you enjoy the software as much as we like having you as part of the QuickBooks family! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

QuickBooks is Useful for Small Businesses

Kommentare: Overall, my QB experience has been very positive.

Once I got the hang of QuickBooks, it was very useful. In general I like it and it makes accounting relatively easy. One caveat is that I am an attorney and I have to do relatively complicated trust accounting in QuickBooks. I found it extremely difficult to figure out how to properly set things up initially to do all of this correctly in QuickBooks. I would say it was the single thing that caused me the most stress in the first two years of my law firm. However, with the help of a couple of third-party books, and some online guides from third parties, I finally was able to figure out how to set things up properly, and once I did that things ran pretty smoothly. I still have my own little "guides" that I have written for myself to remind me of all the steps to do different tasks - but even having to follow those guides, QuickBooks is reliable and quick. I really like how quick and easy reconciliation is. As an attorney I am retired to do reconciliation for the trust accounting - with QB it is so easy that I generally do reconciliation once a week as opposed to once a month, and this really gives me the peace of mind to know that everything lines up. I do like, in reconciliation, that QB is able to almost always accurately tag items to their appropriate transactions/accounts so that I just have to click that it is correct. I am able to set up QB to automatically download backups of my company file to cloud backups like OneDrive and DropBox, which is great.

QB occasionally tags things wrong in reconciliation - for example I have a trust account where client funds are held before they are earned and a separate business savings account, and they both earn interest. When I earn interest on both accounts, however, QB consistently tags them both as interest on my trust account, which is incorrect. Also, QB does not allow for more complicated splitting of transactions. I have a third party payment processor (LawPay) and on one occasion I received funds from a client and processed a partial refund to a client on the same day. In my trust account, however, this only processes as a net deposit. There is no way in QB to split this transaction into both a partial refund to one client and a payment from another client, so when I do reconciliation this transaction consistently pops up (it has been doing this for over a year), so in EVERY reconciliation I have to just ignore it. This is annoying. Also, QB online does not have all the functionality I need for law firm trust accounting, so I had no choice but to go with the desktop version. I would have liked to have had the option of using the cloud version so that I could more easily use the software on my desktop and also on my laptop while traveling. Instead, I can install the software on my desktop and my laptop, but I can't really use the software on my laptop and have it sync - rather my laptop is useful if I need to recover my file and then switch to using my laptop only.

Sherry
Sherry
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I've Been Using QuickBooks Since 1995

Kommentare: I've had a wonderful experience with QuickBooks over the years. I have to buy the updates, but I find somewhere online that I can get the latest for less than buying it direct and I am able to keep my version pretty up to date. Using a different and early DOS accounting software was so complex that I couldn't even figure out how to open up the software and get started! I cut my losses and purchased QuickBooks. I took a local course on how to use QuickBooks and was off to the races immediately. If you are not really terrific with software, it might be a good idea just to pay someone like an Enrolled Agent to come in and install the QuickBooks for you and get your accounting set up. Later on, when you've been working on the software for years, it is worth it to have started out correctly with some professional help. I have my accountant come into my office every year or two and go over my books to make sure everything is looking good, entrances are correctly attributed and so on. That gives me a good feeling that I know I can rely on my information in QuickBooks. Anyway, I do recommend this software. I am a computer professional, a web developer, but was a CPA secretary, went through a Word Processing course in the early 1980s, then became a Paralegal and continued my computer education at the University here, then went into business with my husband, so I'm quite familiar with QB.

I like how easy it is to keep track of my check register, vendors, customers, do my payroll every week, enter and pay bills and find things when necessary. It is a reliable accounting software that is used by millions of people, so it is pretty easy to take my reports in to my accountant each year and have her do my taxes. I own a small business with 4 or more employees and QuickBooks has made it possible for me to do my own books all these years and keep better track of what is going on with our finances.

I am not wild about the way that the payroll add on renews. You have to buy an additional module or what ever you want to call it to keep the payroll tables updated. For some reason the updating can be very iffy and I will go to do my payroll and suddenly can't do it. Of course, this only happens when there is a time crunch and I need to quickly whip out some paychecks. But, for the most part the software works so well that I forget about this problem fairly easily.

Antwort von Intuit

Thanks a ton for taking the time out to review, Sherry. Your 20+ year loyalty is valued, so thanks a ton for being the best part of QB for all these years. We're proud to be backing you and your husband's business. Should you ever run into issues with updating tax tables, I encourage you to contact the Customer Care Team on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). The agents monitoring these channels have the tools to help in a crunch and would be more than happy to lend a hand. Here's to SkywayTools.com and your continued success! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Tony
Tony
President in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A reliable cloud software with great add-on options

Kommentare: Overall QB Online made my reports easier, got me organized, and freed up a huge amount of time aggregating data when I switched to it from using simple excel spreadsheets.

I use the QBO online version. It is easy to login. Setup takes some time and with the help of my accountant to establish g/l's it was not too bad. Once setup it is very easy to allocate expenses and the add-on links to banks, credit cards, and my payroll system were very easy to setup. I love the fact that I can login from anywhere to do business. Customer service has been helpful when I got to them. I love the fact that I can fluidly switch between businesses as we have several LLCs and Corps.

The online version interaction with mobile devices is not as fluid as it should be. It can be quirky for viewing on my iPhone. Customer service wait times can sometimes be long.

Antwort von Intuit

Thanks a bunch for the review, and for letting us know about what improvements you've envisioned for the future of QuickBooks, Tony. I'd be more than glad to forward your comments about the mobile app to the Engineering Team, as we default to your suggestions as a means to power our innovations. you can even stay in the loop for what's to come next at our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv), so keep an eye out for the latest enhancements to be passed down the pipeline. You're the best part of QuickBooks, so keep up the fantastic work! Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Product for Small Business

Kommentare: overall quickbooks is a fantastic program with minimal learning curve especially if you are coming over from another program. the user interface is friendly and easy to use. the customer service is top notch and is always there to help you immediately and come to a resolution to get you back up and running 100%.

the best thing about this software is that it is easy for a small business to setup with customers, tax tables, A/P, A/R, inventory, invoicing, payroll and business taxes. it helps take the burden and guesswork out of paying taxes, employees and business expenses while maintaining the books and budgets. There is even utilities that are readily available to use to convert from another program to quickbooks to get you up and running much faster while retaining your previous data with a few tweaks. Customer service is the best there is. not once have i contacted them and not had my issue almost immediately resolved.

As always, the least liked thing about quickbooks is the updates. it seems that no matter what update it is or how new or old an installation is, there is always an issue with an update. whether it requires you to reset the update history and re-download the update and apply or completely boot all the users out of the system to make repairs and then reboot the system it is hosted on so that you can update the quickbooks system again and get everyone back into it to continue working.

Antwort von Intuit

Nothing makes us happier than hearing QuickBooks is helping you easily maintain your books and that you've been receiving the support you deserve. Whether you're running payroll or handling a budget, you can count on our software to back your business. With updates, there are many factors that go into getting them to install properly and sometimes having the software hosted on its own system can cause hiccups. Should you continue to have issues, please let us know and we'll investigate further. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below: QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/ Email: QBCares@Intuit.com Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks Twitter: @QBCares Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

William
William
Director in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Kommentare: Our experience with QuickBooks has been excellent and we will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

QuickBooks has helped our company manage its finances since its inception. Our Bookkeeper recommended the product based on her previous experience with it. Quickbooks was easy to set up and easy to use and was productive from Day 1. We use Quickbooks to track our expenses, manager our purchases, pay our bills and do our banking. The reports the software generates help keep us on top of our finances and alert us to issues and abnormalities so we can quickly address them. Our banking and credit card information automatically populates into Quickbooks reducing the time needed to enter this information manually while eliminating any data entry related errors. The product also integrates well with other financial management tools and has add-ons specific to our business. I can't imagine running a small business without a tool Like Quickbooks, and I doubt we ever will.

The licensing can be a little complex, especially when multiple users need access to the product. We also have struggled a little with their customer support. Both of these may have been issues on our end due to lack of familiarity with the product or failure to read the documentation.

Antwort von Intuit

Hi William! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of helping you manage your business from the start. Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software to be a versatile tool to handle all your accounting needs. Whether you're running reports or categorizing bank transactions, you can count on QuickBooks to have your back. When it comes to managing licenses for multiple users, it can get a bit tricky. If you need assistance with that or have any other questions, we've made it a priority is to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below: QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/ Email: QBCares@Intuit.com Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks Twitter: @QBCares Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to working with you in the years to come! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I taught my brother over the phone!

Kommentare: I would and have recommended this product to anyone starting or operating a business for its ease of use. You do not need to be an accounting major or have years of bookkeeping knowledge to figure out how to use Quickbooks. If my brother can learn to use it, so can you.

The home page is streamlined by tasks and makes it easy to move through the different modules; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. Many years ago I chose Quickbooks Pro desktop for my brother when he started his own company. He was using the old "file the receipt" in a box method and then once a year giving his "files" to his CPA for tax purposes. This method was okay when he was working for someone else but when he started his own business he needed to have his bookkeeping computerized and asked me for help. I chose Quickbooks Pro because I was able to teach myself and used it often enough I knew I would be able to guide him over the phone ny using the icons on the home page. Without any previous bookkeeping or computer knowledge, he can now invoice his clients, post payments and reconcile his bank statements all by himself. Even the payroll module is easy to use and navigate and with the right set up will calculate wages & taxes due. You just enter the employee hours and hit submit. You can then print paychecks or with the enhanced version use direct deposit. It helps keep you government compliant by letting you know when taxes and reports are due and lets you submit reports and pay taxes through the payroll module.

I do find the enhanced payroll through Quickbooks to be little pricey since you have to pay a yearly fee, a monthly fee and a per employee fee each payroll but it is a full-service payroll option and about as much as using an outside service. One of the features I find to be annoying is the customize report option. There are so many fields you can choose in the customize your report option that just will not populate with any information and you end up with empty columns. It would be better if only usable fields be listed in customize report instead of every available field found anywhere in Quickbooks. If you can't use them, lose them.

Wyatt
State Director in USA
Verlagswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Accounting made easy

Kommentare: I would recommend quickbooks to small to medium sized companies, as it can be a very useful tool.

Quickbooks makes it easy to look at everything you are doing financially, from sales to tax reports. It also helps me send files to my accountant, in a way I can continue working while he makes necessary corrections (usually aren't any needed)

The only thing I disliked about this software was the fact that it sometimes got the next check number wrong and I had to manually type in. Nevertheless this a small inconvenience.

Antwort von Intuit

Heya, Wyatt! We'd like to thank you for taking the time and leaving us a review. We're delighted to read that QuickBooks makes the harder parts of running a business easier. Knowing that it allows you to send your files to your accountant while continuing to work brings a smile to our face. We recommend visiting our blog to keep up to date with what's new in QuickBooks: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/). If you continue to see your check number being listed incorrectly, we recommend letting our phone support team know right away. They can be reached by following this link:(https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/open-programs/contact-support/00/433872). Wishing you continued success. -Jay, The QuickBooks Team.

Julie
Director of Finance & Operations in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy but Incomplete, Still Usually the Best Option

Kommentare: QuickBooks is really all there is in a lot of ways, with so much of the market share, they don't have to be REALLY good, just work. It's too bad because it's overall a solid product as long as you choose the traditional PC version that requires either one user or a server. I have been using QuickBooks for 20+ years and while I have also had the pleasure of other software, this is the one I am always most comfortable in. That said, it'd do from a big upgrade of it's online and Mac version.

QuickBooks desktop for PC is the simplest option for most businesses, it has all the features that you need for small- medium sized businesses and for the most part, it's a great option. It is easy to change things when you make mistakes (see cons) and it has robust reporting for an inexpensive program. The system is so widely used, most folks know how to operate it and it's incredibly easy to train if not. It's an accounting system but really only for those who need ease over data integrity.

Oh QuickBooks, your online version is terrible, your Mac version is also sub-par and your customer service really leaves so much to be desired. Never ever use Intuit payroll. When the file size gets too big, without any warning, things get wonky, numbers will flash up and then change while doing the bank rec, your 'Search' function sucks but ironically, 'Find' works great. You let me change my transactions by warning me it's not a good idea but hey, I'm a rebel. The lack of system integrity (ability to change and/or delete closed transactions) is a real auditor's bane. Still, you're the best value so we keep you around and you work most of the time for what we need.

Patrice
COO in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Tool but you still need to know Accounting Principles and Rules

Kommentare: QuickBooks has helped us with getting things done quicker and more efficiently. Dealing with Customer support can be tricky but it doesn't happen often. The reports that we produce help our Executive Leaders and Board of Directors stay informed of our financial position and are fairly easy to produce. Most accountants are familiar with QuickBooks so it is easy to send them data when preparing our year end filings.

Its fairly easy to use as long as you know Accounting Principles and Rules. It's not going to tell you what GL numbers to post things to so you have to know this before attempting to post things. The accounts payable (Vendors) and Accounts receivable (Customers) is pretty easy to use. Reconciling is quick and easy (as opposed to doing it my hand which I used to do). Calculation sales tax can be tricky...you need to make sure it's set up correctly. I like that the desktop version can be used in a multi-user environment so more than one person can work in it at a time.

The worst thing about this product is their customer support. They are hard to get in contact with, try to charge you for every little thing and unless you get someone who actually knows what they're doing (instead of working off a script) they can really mess thing up more than you can imagine.

Kevin
HR in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I'm focusing on CONSTRUCTION PAYROLL here, not A/P, A/R, G/L

Kommentare: It was a real learning curve for me. Honestly, for years I would have given QB very high remarks, but that was BEFORE I had to start using the PAYROLL module to do heavy duty use, construction Job Costing and such. I'm now in discussion with the company Controller about going to different software. I'm a nice guy, but I've come to loath the problems and trying to get any help from QB, i.e., called Assisted Payroll, "I have this problem you can see on the screen." "Oh, that's not an Assisted Payroll problem, I'll get you over to Tech Support..." First thing Tech Support guy says, "Oh, that's an Assisted Payroll problem. I'll transfer you over to them." OK, and on it goes. We purchased a 30-user Enterprise 2018 for a reason. We have many users, accounting, owners, construction managers, those using Remote Desktop into the Server, etc. Last support (yesterday) said I need to be logged in as Admin (excuse me, but that is the Controller, who uses QB every day & is way above my pay grade), and in Single User mode. Are you kidding me? "Oh, you want to be able to put this car in reverse? Only when you are facing North and only on the second Tuesday of the week." Am I sounding a bit ridiculous? Well, that's about what support is now sounding like to me.

I gave highest (4-stars) in ease of use.

The P/R module has been like the ugly, red-headed step child of QB. For YEARS, I used the help/feedback. Never so much as heard that anything was received. No changes have been made, lots of errors/bugs, VERY poor job costing ability, I'm now told you must be Admin & logged in as single user. My list of problems & suggestions is LONG, but none of their resources (time, money for development) have been put into fixing/upgrading this very old module. It's OK if you have a couple of office staff and do payroll for them, but if you are larger and really need to do Job Costing? Forget it. Staff WANTS to be helpful, but 1) they can't change what the program is sorely lacking; and 2) very often I've gotten "newbie" support personnel that hardly have a clue themselves as to what the program can/can't do or don't understand simple constraints in business. Yes, I can give MANY very specific examples, but no one that matters (has the authority/ability to make any changes) cares. Apparently we who push/need the payroll to do construction/job costing are just too few to warrant attention. I've been using QB since the day it came out. I know, that really dates me, but my point is that I am certainly no newcomer to QB. The next category only went "2+ years". Not nearly long enough.

Jennifer
Director of Operations in USA
Personalwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Quickbooks has been a lifesaver. Everything is at my fingertips and easily accessable!

Kommentare: Piece of mind that all of my finance items are in one place with an easy access point. There aren't many things that make a businessperson's life easier and more organized in such a profound way. Quickbooks has made it easy to know where I am from a cashflow perspective at every moment. I can create budgets and spending plans and do forecasting like never before. There are many suites of software out there that can be helpful to businesses and individuals alike, but I'd recommend Quickbooks.

I really like the quick upload times for documents associated with any transaction. It really helps my employees be able to save time, while increasing accuracy and accountability. I am blown away by the reports and how it's really easy to see where I am from a cash flow perspective at any second. Quickbooks also makes tax time so simple, by allowing for seamless reporting. I really like that as employees, contractors and freelancers are added to the payroll I can upload every form I need, keep track of payroll and then have the necessary forms generated right through Quickbooks. My life is much easier having such an intuitive platform with which my accountant and I can work.

I have to say that the thing I like least about Quickbooks is setting up for the printing of checks. Getting everything lined up was a hassle. I've also noticed that if I switch browsers, I have to go through the whole process again. This is truly frustrating but definitely wouldn't keep me from purchasing the platform. Just annoying at the beginning. For someone with no accounting background, getting set up is not the easiest, but once I got the hang of it, and figured out the categorization for each payment etc.,, it was better and became easier.

Antwort von Intuit

Hi Jennifer. I know just where to start for printing alignment, and appreciate your review and awesome recommendation. As a first step, there are directions for setting-up check printing at community.intuit.com/articles/1242582. Although I'm confident you have it covered, it's always nice to have a visual. Further, every browser is different. This means the program reading PDF previews interacts with each in a separate way. For this reason, it's a good idea to double check these settings across browsers. The best part about QuickBooks is it's meant for users of all mastery levels. With this said, we've got self-help resources available should you ever need a hand. I'm confident you've got the hang of things, but I encourage you to further explore the Community should you ever have questions. It hosts a ton of troubleshooting articles and workflow guides, like the articles above. For the homepage, please visit https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o. Jess, The QuickBooks Team