QuickBooks Bewertungen

von Intuit

4.3/5
    4.1/5

About QuickBooks

Verwaltet die Finanzen von Kleinunternehmen. Sofortiger Zugriff auf Kunden-, Lieferanten- und Mitarbeiterinformationen. In einer Online-Version verfügbar.

Erfahre mehr über QuickBooks

Showing 5.000 reviews

Controller
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.10.2019

"More than enough for our small company"

Kommentare: We had to upgrade from QB Online because we use it for escrow accounts, and QB isn't designed for that. As a workaround, we created a new cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each escrow transaction. Pretty soon, we had thousands of sub-accounts, which really put a strain on it and made it run slowly. We transferred all of our data to QB Enterprise, which is handling that with ease and providing many more features. Overall, I enjoy using it. It's simple for employees to use, and it does more than enough for us.

Vorteile: QB Enterprise is more than we need for the small company. It's fast and efficient. It's straightforward in how things work, so training isn't intensive for new users. It's easy to upgrade from another version of QB and transfer all the company data into it.

Nachteile: It's limited in what can be displayed or used to sort in many of the windows. For example, the vendor screen displays all the invoices and payments, but doesn't display a running balance column. It's difficult to expand columns to display all of the data in a column. It doesn't remember column widths, so I'm continuously having to adjust the column width every time I open a window with data. Data in some windows can't be exported to Excel. For example, I like to export the bank statement reconciliation screen to a spreadsheet with my bank data download where I can sort and subtract to find a discrepancy between two columns instantly. But, there isn't a way to get the data in that window to export or copy. The reconciliation screen also doesn't allow for display of the cash sub-account or the offset account. So, I'm continuously having to open individual transactions to see which is which if they are similar.

von Intuit an 4.10.2019

Providing the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our number one goal. It's great to hear you found the best version of QuickBooks to suit your business needs! Many of our software updates come from great customer suggestions like yours. You can find out more about ways we're working to improve by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for a great review!

• Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Robin P.
Client Relations
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2019

"Quickbooks Serves It's Purpose"

Kommentare: It's a somewhat love-hate relationship I have with Quickbooks. Love more so though. I have gotten used to a lot of Quickbooks' quirks now. It was a difficult go to get started to get things set up but I had support. I've been using Quickbooks for a few years now. I like how clean and organized invoices look for clients and how I can customize them and emails. I appreciate recurring invoices that help to avoid user error on consistency in repeat services and in sending invoices on time.

Vorteile: I like the ability to customize how invoices and emails look. I appreciate the ability we had to import our clients' details and past invoices when we started up with Quickbooks. The plethora of reports and customizable reports are very useful. I also appreciate being able to process payments through Quickbooks. The search ability is decent helpful in looking for specific invoices, amounts, or other specific data.

Nachteile: It was quite a challenge to get everything up and going when we started with Quickbooks
There are some features that are limited and seem to operate oddly, such as deleting some clients vs marking some as inactive. If I have completed services with certain clients, I want to keep their data, but mark them inactive. When I mark them as inactive, the system puts them in a state of "deleted", which makes me very concerned when I see that. I don't want to lose their data. Also, some duplicates of clients have been created or clients never started services with us. So that data was just bloating the system and a bit confusing sometimes. Those particular clients would be good to actually fully delete them. I've run into processes that can be very confusing. Luckily my accountant is able to help me through the challenges.

von Intuit an 1.10.2019

Hi there, Robin. It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to customize reports, process payments, and manage many other accounting elements. You can continue to count on us to help lighten the work load for years to come! We recommend our video tutorials to expand your knowledge of features and work flows in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the following article provides a detailed explanation of making clients inactive in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/configure-products/make-a-customer-inactive-and-then-active/00/186156).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

• Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Tim A.
Lead Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 18.9.2019

"Quickbooks Organizes Our Church's Finances"

Kommentare: QuickBooks has made the financial experience for our church so much easier. It's super easy to create reports for board meetings and see where you are financially.

Vorteile: I love how it connects to your bank account and transfers all of the transactions to it. Being able to categorize every transaction makes things so much easier. No need to type everything in manually! Reconciling is a breeze!

Nachteile: There's a huge learning curve for this software. However, they have great customer support. In the beginning, I had to stay on the phone with them for a long time to learn how to use it. Sometimes, customer support doesn't know how to use the software specifically for your needs, but they usually do a great job!

von Intuit an 19.9.2019

You've made our day, Tim! It's great to know that QuickBooks has been a helpful and easy to use tool to manage your church's finances. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping tasks, like transaction categorization and reconciling. To stay ahead of the learning curve, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the Community is a great space to visit to receive support (https://community.intuit.com/).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

• Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Sarah B.
VP, Director of Finance
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2019

"Quickbooks offers an elegant handling of non-profits "

Kommentare: From quickbooks we have liked a lot of functions. Among them are the fact of being able to manage accounting projects (with billing system included) and be able to manage payroll. In this sense, you can even create invoices, which is convenient. The negotiation process facilitated by quickbooks has turned out to be something wonderful. It does not take long, and they are flexible with the terms of service. The display demonstrated by the capacity of quickbooks has turned out to be surprising in all the occasions in which we have used it. Is very large. The quickbooks sales team was responsible for responding adequately to all our doubts about the use of the service. Respond quickly to the needs of customers.

Vorteile: Your invoice templates are very customizable. It is good for keeping the accounts of non-profit organizations, because it has tools for both bank reconciliation and fund accounting. Quickbooks offers a good system of payroll transfers, very stable. Quickbooks has helped us a lot with the management of resource accounting throughout our history as a business. It is ideal when it comes to organizing economically, and to put together budgets. Its integration with the Microsoft Outlook platform is recommended.

Nachteile: The platform does not allow managing sales forecasts, or managing human resources. In this area there is no tracking system for absences, wage garnishments, and unforeseen expenses billing. Neither can you process payments, taxes, or fixed assets. Does not have a treasury management function.

von Intuit an 17.9.2019

Great review, Sarah! We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to complete so many tasks for your organization. You can count on us to be there for all of your accounting needs for years to come. We recommend checking out our Blog to find out more about ways we're working to improve (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, this article provides details on setting up wage garnishments (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/process-payroll/setting-up-a-wage-garnishment/01/370809#M7725). Lastly, we invite you to take a look at the following link to find out more about processing payments in your QuickBooks account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/merchant-services/process-payments-in-the-merchant-service-center/00/186106).

Cheering you to continued success!

• Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Lynn B.
Attorney
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 9.9.2019

"Almost flawless functionality"

Kommentare: My experience with Quickbooks has been great overall. Have had a few glitches now and again, but (knock wood) it's been working fine for years now. I like the ability to search by client, to print various reports for clients, taxes, etc., and to easily keep track of client retainers. I have not used this software for billing, so I can't really give an opinion. I tried it out, but didn't have the patience to figure it out with respect to legal billing.

Vorteile: Quickbooks serves its purpose for me very well as banking software. It keeps track of the checkbook and prints professional-looking checks. I also use it for bookkeeping purposes come tax season by printing out expense reports to see all of my potential tax deductions. It is also pretty good with searching for specific transactions. I do make sure my client name is in the memo field, otherwise I have had trouble searching with other fields (probably "user-error"). It is great for keeping track of client funds, which is essential as an attorney who collects retainers from clients. Reports are also required for client funds/retainers, and they are easy to prepare and print with Quickbooks. Reports are a little complicated because there are so many to choose from, but once you know which ones are actually useful, they are great.

Nachteile: Intuit has been very clear that they will no longer support my version of Quickbooks. I had no need to update otherwise, so I am working with a version that I can no longer get any assistance with if anything goes wrong. Also, the back-up data files do not sync with my cloud software for some reason, so there is always an error message in that regard on my cloud software (which I cannot get any help with because I have an outdated version). The search engine is workable, but I have learned to put the client's name in the memo field for every transaction so I know how to get an accurate list of transactions for a client.

von Intuit an 10.9.2019

Organization is key for any business, so it's great to know you've been able to keep track of your banking, bookkeeping, and tax aspects all in one space, Lynn! We appreciate you being a loyal member of the QuickBooks family and you can count on the software to help lighten your workload for years to come. If you do decide you'd like to update your account, this article is a great place to start (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/update-products/update-to-the-latest-release-of-quickbooks-desktop/01/203221). For additional resources and helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/).

Thank you for review!

• Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Managing Director
Verpackung und Container, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.4.2019

"With QB, we know 'where we are heading'"

Kommentare: QB has helped not only us but many thousands to know where we are heading in our business, thereby reach our corporate objectives and financial goals and survive in this competitive and challenging business environment by systematically managing resources.
Thanks, QB team for the great efforts you have taken and I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to recommend QB to any small to medium scale user.

Vorteile: The best part in QB is that it doesn’t allow others to toy around when it comes to managing the ‘returns for your efforts’.
You don’t need to be an accounting professional to work with QB, but a little playing around with the software gives you a glimpse of the workings and gradually guide you through to become an expert in managing your financial matters yourself or even supervise a basic level staff member in handling your financial matters if it’s a small to average scale business. The passwords systems at various levels ensure the security and prevent manipulation of data by other fellow users. With long years of improvements and with the feedback of users of various levels and a variety of trades, QB has become the leader in this category.
QB has simplified most of the bookkeeping tasks in a diverse array of businesses be it services, trading, manufacturing or your personal accounts. It has gone beyond accounting software to function as an ERP in our manufacturing facility. It has become another machine in our plant with no complaints of overwork, no leave, no annual bonuses, and no work stoppages. If the accounts guy is away, I myself take his place with all other priorities. It’s so simple even for those who are not IT savvy.

Nachteile: whenever there are glitches, there are enough resources available in the community forums or the Intuit support team. Having said that, I wouldn’t say that QB is the only and perfect system, as there could be glitches during different applications, but with the help of the users, QB team can update the system for better performance for the benefit of all concerned.

• Bewertet am 15.4.2019
John S.
Paralegal
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.3.2019

"A little clunky, but still the best accounting software on the market"

Kommentare: The main benefit of quick books for my business is the ease of use for everyday bookkeeping tasks, and interfacing with our accountant for year and and quarterly filings. Also, it is such a standard software that it is easy to find new hires with quickbooks knowledge. Once your Quickbooks is set up to suit your business, keeping it up is really easy. It also saves on paper waste as documents and receipts and invoices can be scanned right into the software and the physical copies destroyed.

Vorteile: Quickbooks contains everything you could need for most organizations. The user interface is a bit difficult to navigate, and could use updating, but the funcionality is there. My favorite feature is being able to attached scans of documents or receipts right to a transaction. You can upload saved scans from your computer, or quickbooks will interface with a scanner to scan them directly into quickbooks, which is very handy. This cuts down on lots of paper in the office. Also, the accountant function is great for utilizing a 3rd party bookkeeper. You can send out a portion of the quickbooks file to your accountant to make changes, meanwhile still being able to use the software and update with new changes.

Nachteile: The interface takes a lot of getting used to. The usual keyboard shortcuts don't work in Quickbooks, and pulling reports is clunky, but functional in the end. There is so much functionality packed in that it is hard to navigate to simple things sometimes. Not all companies need inventory management and purchase order tracking, and complicated payroll features, but some of these functions are always turned on.

• Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Sheri S.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.3.2019

"Have been using QuickBooks for my small business for 16 years!"

Kommentare: The benefits of using QuickBooks are that I stay organized by recording all of my sales, income and expenditures in real time as they happen which saves me in accounting expenses such as hiring this work out. Also...I liked QuickBooks so well for my small business that I use it to record all of my personal finances as well. I love the reports I have easy access to as well such as Profit and Loss statements that allow me to see quickly how my business is doing this year compared to previous years. I also love that I can track what I'm spending in customized categories that I've created. It also gives me tremendous insight into my sales, ie what is selling, what is not and how it compares to previous years. I highly recommend QuickBooks for not only keeping your finances straight but also for the reports that give you valuable insight into your business.

Vorteile: Once you familiarize yourself with the product it's easy to use. I have been using QuickBooks for 16 years for my small business for all of my daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly bookkeeping needs. It saves me time and money on accounting expenses and allows me to stay organized. Because I handle all the day to day accounting needs thru QuickBooks I only have to pay my accountant to handle my yearly tax return. And because QuickBooks makes it easy to stay organized with income, sales and expenditures my accountant spends less time preparing my tax return which also saves me money.

Nachteile: That the Cloud version is a bit too pricey for my small business needs.

von QuickBooks France an 16.3.2019

Thank you for the excellent review, Sheri! I'm delighted QuickBooks is saving you time when managing your daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly bookkeeping, and it's wonderful to know the program has been backing your small business for over 16 years.

I'm sure you're a pro by now, but if you ever need support, know the answers you seek are only a short search away on our Community website. I encourage you to explore this site when you have a moment to spare: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

I'm thrilled QuickBooks has been able to help you with your financial records, regardless of them being personal or business-related. Thank you again for this excellent review, Sheri!

Warm regards,

• Bewertet am 14.3.2019
Self-Employed Freelance Interpreter
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 12.3.2019

"So easy: Quickbooks Self-Employed"

Kommentare: Overall, it’s a great program for self-employed people with fairly simple business practices... people who are service providers (massage therapists, counselors, interpreters, consultantsc etc). I had more complex businesses so am used to a bit more flexibility than QB Self-Employed offers, but they are mostly preferences than actual essentials (except the Chart of Accounts comment above). I recommend it to everyone!

Vorteile: MILEAGE TRACKING!!!
The software tracks your trips and you later pick business or personal for each trip. It shows you the address for both origina & destination, as well as time of day, which makes it easy to figure out what the trip was for. QB keeps an updated tally of your mileage deduction for tax purposes.
EASY CATEGORIZATION OF EXPENSES:
Automatically populates transactions from your bank AND credit card accountant into the ledger, so all you need to do is select which expense category it belongs t! Qb will ask if you want to set up a “rule” so that all transactions from AT&T (let’s say) are automatically categorized into utilities when they are imported from your financial institution.
INVOICES
Create a template and you can duplicate it later when billing the same person/business. You can easily send the invoice from the QB platform and what the client get s is a really professional, polished email with the invoice in the body of the email, and he receiver can download a pdf if they choose. QB keeps track of paid and unpaid invoices, making it easy to see who you need to follow up with for payment.
TAXES:
For tax purposes, the reports QB does make saving and tallying receipts a *ridiculous* practice. There is NO reason to ever do your books on excel. Too many mistakes when things are done manually. And it requires SO much time to input amounts, categories, etc. This is all done for you in a fraction of the time using QB Self-Employed.

Nachteile: CHART OF ACCOUNTS:
I switched which credit card I use as my business card and want to stop automatically importing transactions from the old credit card (which I am now using for personal expenses). You can’t turn off imports for a particular account without losing all former transactions associated with that card/account. This completely changes the Profit and Loss reports. I had to call customer service and they had to do a whole delete thing where now all transactions from deleted accounts are called “cash,” which is misleading and unclear.
INCOME:
There is only one income category to choose from. I have to classes of self-employed work I do that uses the same bank account and credit card. I’d like a way to assign Income A and Income B, so that when I look at my Profit & Loss reports, I can see at a glance how much I earned from type A kind of work and how much I earned from Type B.
EXPENSE CATEGORIES
There is no way to add or change the provided categories. I understand QuickBooks does this so that each category that is offered is automatically associated with a particular tax deduction item approved by the IRS, but it would be nice to be able to add a category that suits my business and select the associated IRS deduction category when setting it up.
INVOICES
You can’t make up your own invoice numbers. I would like use the same first 2 numbers or even letters for each client I invoice, but you can’t. You have to use QB’s automatic numbering system.

• Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Michael S.
Director of Business Affairs
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.3.2019

"Solid accounting solution for small to medium businesses across multiple vertical segments"

Kommentare: We use QuickBooks Enterprise for Non-Profits, which allows ODBC access into the data to provide access for external reporting capabilities from products like Crystal Reports. This can be a powerful feature depending on your reporting needs.

Vorteile: QuickBooks is easy to install and configure, includes many useful out of the box reports, easy to read visual indicators for things like receivables and payables, and an easy to configure and process payroll solution. We use the Intuit Enhanced Payroll subscription, which has significantly cut down on the labor involved in processing payroll. We can easily customize, memorize, and schedule reports to ensure our department heads are kept up to date on their budgets. We use the system to track our endowments, auxiliary cash accounts, and profit and loss for projects and individual organizational units. Over the past several versions they have greatly improved the shared company file feature, so managing multi-user access has become much easier and more robust.

Nachteile: Though Intuit recently introduced the ability to use multiple monitors with QuickBooks (a much overdue feature), they require that all monitors use the same scaling. It's not a huge deal, but a little inconvenient since I use a laptop and would prefer the built-in display panel on the laptop to be 125% and the two external monitors to be 100%. Also, the way they implement multi-monitor display is a little weird... the main app spans monitor screens, and sub-windows are drug from monitor to monitor within the main app's window. It would be much more user friendly if the sub-windows (such as the home screen, various reports, data entry windows, etc) can be moved around independently of the main app's window. This is how most other apps work and I believe how Windows was designed to handle multi-monitor use.

• Bewertet am 7.3.2019
Danielle B.
Practice Manager
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.2.2019

"Convenient"

Kommentare: Overall QB has been a big Time saver for my accounting duties. Allows me to quickly view my accounts payable. Reports for expenses has been a great way to show other management members where our business stands.

Vorteile: Best part of using QB online is you can access from anywhere. Love the features on the reports, being able to compare to different year's, months, quarters and using the percentage features is great. Chart of accounts come preloaded but can be changed to fit your needs for the company. The best feature is being able to have the bank feed loaded automatically vs inputting manually.

Nachteile: Connectivity is wishy-washy at times. More so lately for some reason. Keeps telling me to check my bank connection and still doesn't connect. Sometimes fixing a problem after reconciliation can be a bit difficult.

von QuickBooks France an 12.2.2019

Thanks a ton for this review, Danielle. I'm glad to hear you're making the most out of the many features QuickBooks has to offer. Since you mentioned having some trouble with the Online Banking feature, I've attached an article that can help you with troubleshooting these errors: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Banking-and-bank-feeds/How-to-manually-update-an-account-to-fix-banking-errors/m-p/186126

If you're still having trouble, please know you can always turn to the Community for assistance. If you haven't been there before, this online space holds a plethora of self-help articles (The above link I shared above is one of these many articles) you can access any time you need them. The following link will guide you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

QuickBooks is proud to be backing South Lafourche Veterinary Clinic, Danielle. Thank you again for reviewing!

• Bewertet am 8.2.2019
Morgan T.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 7.2.2019

"Easy to use for a small business owner"

Kommentare: I use Quickbooks to manage my small S Corp business. It has saved me a lot of headache by simplifying my bookkeeping and making it possible for me to do a lot of it myself without having to hire an expensive professional.

Vorteile: Many years ago and before Quickbooks was around I had to take an accounting class so I could learn the old school way of balancing the books for my one woman small business at the time. Thank goodness those days are over! Quickbooks has made it so that you don't need to know a thing about the technical side of accounting to be able to keep accurate accounts for your small business. I did hire a bookeeper to setup my accounts which is highly recommended but beyond that once I learned to use the software (which has been very easy and user friendly) I have been able to take over my record keeping on my own. Another thing that I think makes QB great is that many bookkeepers know how to use it so if I do eventually hire someone to help with my books I won't have to worry about them not knowing how to use it. I also really love in the online version how all my bank transactions automatically populate into the account--oh this is such a headache relief! I really hated doing that manually when I had the desktop version. This definitely saves time and hassle!

Nachteile: I used to use Quickbooks desktop edition and then about a year ago I switched to the online version. One thing I did not like about the desktop version was that after my version had been updated by a new one I was not longer able to send invoices via email. This pretty much forced me to upgrade to the new version even though I was quite happy using the version I was already using. Also I found the transition to the online version to be a little bit disorienting. The look and feel of the online version is not quite the same as what I was used to in desktop and I have had a bit more difficulty finding my way around. I was also very disappointed to learn that my online QB data does not automatically transfer into TurboTax--an issue that I did not have with the desktop version where it automatically uploaded into TurboTax. While it's not a huge hassle to manually enter the info, it is still extra work that would rather not have to do.

von Intuit an 9.2.2019

Thanks a ton for your insightful and thorough review of QuickBooks, Morgan. It was delightful to read about how QuickBooks has empowered you and provided the toolset you needed to remain independent in managing your business. It's great that you were able to take to the program so easily, even without a strong accounting background.

In regards to your comments on the differences between Desktop and Online, I have submitted a feedback report to our Product Development team to be reviewed and considered for future updates.

In the meantime, should you need help with something or want to learn a new feature, I encourage you to check out our Community website. You can start exploring what available by following this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

Wishing you continued success going forward, thank you again for reviewing QuickBooks Morgan!

• Bewertet am 7.2.2019
Betsy W.
Freelance Writer
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.2.2019

"QuickBooks- Accessible for Small Businesses But Limited."

Kommentare: QuickBooks is no substitute for having a client database, however, the company I worked for as accounts payable and receivable had no other database program. While the limitations of QB for this was frustrating at times, it did a great job of keeping data organized and easily allowing input for new and continuing contacts. The customer service was as helpful as they could be, however I had to make the same calls for the same problems often several times within the year, only to learn that on-going glitches existed in QB that required workarounds. Customer Service wasn't always forthcoming on this, but their forums were very helpful.

Vorteile: QuickBooks is fairly easy to figure out for first time users, even those without a bookkeeping background. There are many tutorials included from the home website, and it's been around long enough that users have posted fixes to various known issues. It's useful in creating form templates, such as invoicing, proposals and receipts. Reports look good, and can integrate with many 3rd party platforms.

Nachteile: QuickBooks lacked much help for Inventory tracking and scanning. While you are able to create an inventory list, it's too easy to accidently miscategorize items and wreck the usefulness of the cataloging features. The inventory interface is a bit confusing to start with and connecting the inventory reports with logged sales is not practical. It doesn't happen automatically, but must be manually checked since there are many bugs that create errors or problems with data retrieval.
When creating templates, it can be tough to figure out how to connect certain field codes with data areas to fill in. I spent many hours on the customer service line to figure some of that out. Even then, I was creating or finding "work-arounds" for some glitches that QuickBooks just doesn't fix or update.
One of the most frustrating issues I personally found was the coding of expenses. Without some universal system, numerous employees can simply invent new codes for similar or same items, which creates many redundant and incorrect reports. Turnover in your office can produce serious inconsistency.

von Intuit an 8.2.2019

Betsy, thank you so much for providing an insightful and thorough review of QuickBooks. The details you've shared have painted a detailed portrait of your impressions of QuickBooks, and I appreciate it very much. I loved reading your comments about where you found the program to be beneficial to your business.

Please be assured, your voice is important, and the comments you've provided about the software have been sent to our Product Development team. Feedback like yours is instrumental for the growth of the program, and it will be used when considering future updates to QuickBooks.

Thank you again for your wonderful review of QuickBooks, Betsy!

All the best,

• Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Freelance Writer
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.1.2019

"A tiny bookstore's dream come true!"

Kommentare: Overall, Quickbooks was a dream. I came into it with absolutely no accounting experience and learned to use it within days. If I can figure it out, anybody can, and boy am I glad I did!

Vorteile: My company, a small college bookstore, used to have so much trouble keeping tabs on the books. We were a small operation (only two full-time employees and a handful of part-time employees), and our output was too small to justify a lot of the big beefy software applications. Enter Quickbooks. Finally, we could track sales and generate invoices for our customers with ease! When a customer called with a question about their account, getting data was simple, and it really streamlined our sales process.

Nachteile: Sometimes, we had trouble with the print formatting. It wasn't particularly adjustable, and every now and again part of an invoice would get cut off, or put into two pages for what felt like unnecessary reasons.

von Intuit an 30.1.2019

Hey there. Please know how happy we are to be backing your bookstore. I'm thrilled to be reading about how QuickBooks is helping you keep track of your sales and customer accounts. The fact that you were able to jump right in, even without much accounting knowledge is a testament to the hard work of our Product Development team.

As for the issues with printing, should they arise again, I encourage you to check out this article that covers troubleshooting printer issues on the Windows operating system: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-to-troubleshoot-printer-problems-in-Windows/m-p/186105

I also recommend you check out our online resource hub. There you will have access to a bounty of self-help articles and can engage with other users just like you about the software. The following link will take you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

Thank you for the awesome review!

• Bewertet am 26.1.2019
Sherry G.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.11.2018

"I've Been Using QuickBooks Since 1995"

Kommentare: I've had a wonderful experience with QuickBooks over the years. I have to buy the updates, but I find somewhere online that I can get the latest for less than buying it direct and I am able to keep my version pretty up to date. Using a different and early DOS accounting software was so complex that I couldn't even figure out how to open up the software and get started! I cut my losses and purchased QuickBooks. I took a local course on how to use QuickBooks and was off to the races immediately. If you are not really terrific with software, it might be a good idea just to pay someone like an Enrolled Agent to come in and install the QuickBooks for you and get your accounting set up. Later on, when you've been working on the software for years, it is worth it to have started out correctly with some professional help. I have my accountant come into my office every year or two and go over my books to make sure everything is looking good, entrances are correctly attributed and so on. That gives me a good feeling that I know I can rely on my information in QuickBooks. Anyway, I do recommend this software. I am a computer professional, a web developer, but was a CPA secretary, went through a Word Processing course in the early 1980s, then became a Paralegal and continued my computer education at the University here, then went into business with my husband, so I'm quite familiar with QB.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to keep track of my check register, vendors, customers, do my payroll every week, enter and pay bills and find things when necessary. It is a reliable accounting software that is used by millions of people, so it is pretty easy to take my reports in to my accountant each year and have her do my taxes. I own a small business with 4 or more employees and QuickBooks has made it possible for me to do my own books all these years and keep better track of what is going on with our finances.

Nachteile: I am not wild about the way that the payroll add on renews. You have to buy an additional module or what ever you want to call it to keep the payroll tables updated. For some reason the updating can be very iffy and I will go to do my payroll and suddenly can't do it. Of course, this only happens when there is a time crunch and I need to quickly whip out some paychecks. But, for the most part the software works so well that I forget about this problem fairly easily.

von Intuit an 29.11.2018

Thanks a ton for taking the time out to review, Sherry. Your 20+ year loyalty is valued, so thanks a ton for being the best part of QB for all these years. We're proud to be backing you and your husband's business.

Should you ever run into issues with updating tax tables, I encourage you to contact the Customer Care Team on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). The agents monitoring these channels have the tools to help in a crunch and would be more than happy to lend a hand.

Here's to SkywayTools.com and your continued success!

• Bewertet am 19.11.2018
Brandon C.
Manger
Restaurants, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.11.2018

"Works great for me and my company! "

Kommentare: This software makes tracking my income and my expensive a breeze. I don't like doing accounting work, I feel like it takes away from my business but this software really helps minimize the time I spend doing it! I also love the fact I can use this software to accept online payments and only get a fee of 50 cents per transaction and it doesn't even take any percentage of the invoice! And finally it really makes doing payroll for my employees way easier! Thanks quickbooks for being there for me when I need you to be!

Vorteile: User friendly and very ease to use and navigate. It's especially great for beginner that don't got much accounting experience! Integrates with popular programs like PayPal,Square, Shopify, and thousands of others very well! It also has a cost effective so this is great for small business who need this type of program but don't want to spend tons of money!

Nachteile: Online version of quickbooks can lead to security risks considering they could get hacked at anytime! Has very man limitations and doesn't really offer all the benefits that other more premium and expensive account software offers! Also you may experience tons of instability and file crashes!

von Intuit an 21.11.2018

Hi Brandon. First things first, your security is a top priority. I want you to be aware of this, so rest assured there's a wide variety of safety precautions in place. This Community database article discusses these in full: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Is-my-QuickBooks-Online-data-secure/m-p/186166.

Additionally, please know any instability in the Online version has an easy fix. Because your data is safeguarded in the cloud, you also don't have to worry about file crashes/losing info. You can clear up any performance issues by clearing your browser cache. Another example of what the Community has to offer outlines the steps for doing so: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-do-I-clear-my-browser-cache-and-temporary-Internet-files/td-p/186420.

As for the feature set, I'll gladly discuss what cost-efficient options there are for getting the functionality you need (QBCares@Intuit.com). Email anytime.

• Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Javier victor marian B.
Network Security Auditor
Staatsverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.11.2018

"And standard software for accountant in the US"

Kommentare: Like I said, its the choice by default on software for financial at your company in the US. Great and easy to maintain with a simple but perfectly working backup option.

Vorteile: QuickBooks went to be a simple software to be the most powerful and almost "by default" software for accountant in the US. Anything you need you have it in there, or they have a module for it. What I love MOST of them is that despite that they added a lot of functions, they keep the data files simple. The backup process its easy, and restore too. I have some customers with problems on their server and was like Reinstall windows/ quickbooks/ restore. And it started with all the info like nothing happen. You can even install QB and just paste files from the older folder and will work. I love that.

Nachteile: I had some problems with the online version, and customer care take a while to resolve them. When an accountant give you access to his/her quickbook online, you enter info but if you change accountant the info its difficult to delete.

von Intuit an 15.11.2018

I'm delighted the powerful tools in QuickBooks have helped Infobyte Security Research, Javier. It's affirming to read the software has left a lovely impression on you, and that fixes for Desktop issues have been so easy to achieve. With this in mind, I'll ensure any problems with the Online service are corrected just as simply.

The info in this Community database article discusses adding/removing accountant access: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Account-management/Add-or-remove-an-accountant-user-in-QuickBooks-Online/td-p/186006. Regardless, you deserve customer care that provides quick resolutions. As an alternative to calling in, I invite you to find the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). They can handle the technical stuff while you focus on maintaining other aspects of your business. Additionally, these reps can lend a hand with both versions of QuickBooks, as can the Community linked above.

Robert B.
Business Management Consultant
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.11.2018

"Comprehensive functionality, but obscures your books"

Kommentare: QB is a solid accounting package used by many. My experience is that it is very stable and suitable for those at either end of the spectrum of needs and experience. Novices can just use each of the modules as is and ignore the extra functionality. The poweruser may need the many different features. However, if you are in the middle ground with a good understanding of bookkeeping, and want some flexibility in your entries, I find there are two many icons, menu choices, and options for each task I want to do. Example, printing a standard financial statement means selecting from 3-4 menu options, following by a dialog of options. Really I just want a date range and get the statement.

Vorteile: QB is rock solid, never had an issue (defect). It is comprehensive and has functionality for every operation and looks after a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff such as tax reporting (automatically capturing your tax credits and customer charges)

Nachteile: The overall feature set makes it hard to see a clear picture of your books. Everything is done through a series of modules (sales, purchases) and it automates from there. A normal sequence is; Sales, then deposits, then bank reconciliation - works fine. However, if you have a deposit that is not from a sale the dance to make the entries seem obscure. Or if you pay for a purchase directly, you still have to enter a payable, then pay it in a separate step. Not big issues, but I use other accounting software that gives me much more flexibility without the double steps. (Note: in the example of the payable, you can do a direct journal entry, but then it does not show up in the supplier history for some reason.)

von Intuit an 14.11.2018

Hi Robert. I'm glad QuickBooks is providing a comprehensive tool to your consulting business. I'm here to ensure you can take advantage of the functionality while still getting a clear view of your books, however. I'll include a few excellent outlets below, which serve as central hubs of workflow tips.

1. For a feature walk-through, check out the Community at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-started-with-QuickBooks/How-to-Use-Features-and-Functions-in-QuickBooks-Online/ta-p/170181. You'll find tips on the way QB sequences tasks and the workflow for your accounts.

2. This link is another excellent space, as the insights hosted in the YouTube provide visual references for the tools provided by the software. The following playlist covers reporting and statements, and I encourage you to explore the channel further when you get a chance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndR4lgu2nT8&list=PLVxBmyedTVhTWFPItuhzmbHRzZzCxmGFT.

Savannah K.
Internal Auditor
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.11.2018

"Great software, even for beginners"

Kommentare: I really like this software and its ease of use, especially for beginners. The multiple features can seem daunting at first, but it's a breeze to pick up.

Vorteile: When learning the software, it is very easy to pick up. The map design on the home page is very easy on the eyes and more user friendly than using the toolbar at the top. The snapshot at the right of the screen is a great way to see the balance of your accounts without having to log into every bank (if you have different ones). As long as you keep accurate records and reconcile each month, it's easy to see what you're working with throughout the month.

Nachteile: The online payments section, while convenient, does not always match up with customers you have in your system, especially if that customer name has any special characters in it such as a hyphen (-), slash (/), or apostrophe ('), etc. Even the help doc available in Quickbooks does not fix this issue and customer service is not always helpful either in this regard.

von Intuit an 13.11.2018

Hi there, Savannah. I've got you covered when it comes to matching online payments. Since this is only occurring with customers who have special characters in their name, I encourage you to edit this data from the Merchant Service Deposit window. The formatting is widely known to cause issues with matching but removing these signs is one excellent fix.

Regardless, I'll ensure the support you receive is always helpful in this regard. As an alternative, the reps on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) would be glad to lend a hand. They have the expertise to get you squared away and are available M-F from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST.

In the meantime, you can manually record deposits if you still notice errors with matching (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1769105). Before doing so, I suggest removing the online payments with the Dismiss button below the Record Deposit window.

• Bewertet am 7.11.2018
Autumn S.
Director of Operations
Informationsdienst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.11.2018

"Great for bookkeepers"

Kommentare: Overall our experience is great. I do think it's a little expensive for a small company. It has a lot of features that we spend the extra money for ease of use. I haven't had any issues calling tech support and we are very satisfied.

Vorteile: Quickbooks is super easy to use. All of our banking and savings accounts are attached as well as our business credit cards. I love the app feature and use a couple of the apps to assist, especially during tax time. We use classes for everything and it's so great to get a snapshot of each events profits and losses.

Nachteile: I wish that I could have multiple companies on one account. I have a few different small businesses that we run and it's not cost effective to have a quickbooks account for really small companies. I have found other free software programs that mimic quickbooks to manage those accounts.

von Intuit an 13.11.2018

Hi Autumn. Rest assured there are versions of QuickBooks that allow you to manage more than one company within the program. You can learn more about this software at https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-desktop, but I want to ensure you're getting the value you deserve in what you're using now.

I can gladly forward your comments about multiple businesses per account to the Development Team. Customer ideas power the innovations regularly rolled out, so thanks a ton for sharing yours. The QB Blog is used to post about new and exciting changes, and many of the latest even got their start in the feedback channel (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/whats-new/). Regardless, I encourage you to email me directly. It'd be my pleasure to discuss what your options are, as well as how you can save money using Online (QBCares@Intuit.com).

I'm thrilled to read QuickBooks has left you with a great impression overall, though. Talk soon!

• Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Michael D.
Director Of Finance And Operations
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.11.2018

"Quickbooks"

Kommentare: Overall, been a mostly good experience although there are some areas around non-profit accounting and customer service in general that they could improve upon.

Vorteile: The interface is pretty intuitive and provides a logical business flow model that can be followed by beginners or business owners with limited accounting knowledge. It provides lots of options for customizing reports and exporting documents into excel and pdf format. They also partner with Rightnetworks for VPN hosting as an alternative to having a local server. This is useful for working with remote staff.

Nachteile: The biggest issue I have is that there isn't a real effective version of Quickbooks designed for non-profit accounting and grant tracking, so we have had to incorporate additional resources such as excel and Salesforce to properly track our grant funding.

von Intuit an 15.11.2018

Hi Michael. It's good to read QuickBooks is providing the intuitive insights and customization you need for Men as Peacemakers to flourish. With this said, rest assured there are a wealth of effective solutions for non-profit organizations.

I appreciate you letting me know that this is one way QuickBooks could improve, as I have the opportunity to help. The workarounds you've incorporated for grant funding are brilliant, but I encourage you to reach out to me directly. I can discuss the services developed for non-profit accounting further, and my inbox is open (QBCares@Intuit.com).

In the meantime, feel welcome to contact the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). They'd be more than happy to answer any questions about you have about in-product alternatives. These chat based technicians are also a great customer service channel and have the tools/knowledge to help.

• Bewertet am 9.11.2018
Community Wellness Coordinator, Starke,Marshall and Pulaski counties
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.11.2018

"it's a love hate relationship"

Kommentare: Setup isn't difficult, but it's very time consuming. It's difficult to use the update product once you lose the initial program. I've changed computers that originally had the program installed (when it was a CD). After changing the laptop, and losing some information, including the CD, I wasn't able to prove previous ownership and had to purchase the new complete program which is much more expensive. I hope that problem has been corrected since I would think the d/l'able programs can be tracked more easily. I call this a love/hate relationship because QB gets you to love the program, then makes it difficult to continue with the same program once the 3 years are up. They know they "gotcha"! but, all in all, it's a program I wouldn't want to do without when having a business. I also use this program to keep track of not for profit organizations, too. It's a very versatile program for any type of business. I used the contractor program and have been able to customize it for the Nonprofit. I began using QB in 2003. It's certainly grown since then!

Vorteile: I like QB for it's completeness to operate a business. It integrates your banking, your customer base and sales and/or estimates seamlessly. You can use it to email customers or print out what you need. There are so many facets to this software it'll take you a while to get to know them. Once you do, you'll be forever beholden to use them. It's hard to go back to a simple spreadsheet again. All invoices/estimates are custom-izable. You can use your logos and iven if you're a small micro business, you present yourself as a competent, savvy businessperson.

Nachteile: You must purchase a new copy every 3 years. Some of the features you get used to using become un-usable if the newer version isn't purchased. QB doesn't support many of it's features after the program is 3 yrs old. You can still use the program, but some of the conveniences are gone, such as emailing invoices, or payroll. QB has a habit of having you get used to their newer features and then take them away once the program is more than three years old.

von Intuit an 8.11.2018

Thanks for your honest review and loyalty. It'd be my pleasure to touch on why updates occur, as well as how you can move data between computers. I assure you there are steps in place should you no longer have the original CD, and this article covers the process: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1771783. Furthermore, the info in the following link walks through how to avoid losing data when moving: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1764250. The insights there will save you valuable time moving forward.

As for the 3-year lifetime, we work hard to deliver the most secure and state of the art software on the market. This means the back-end systems comprising sensitive connected features, like email and payroll, must be replaced within that time frame. Full upgrades are the best way to safeguard your data and customer info. Should you have further questions, I invite you to email me directly. I'll gladly answer them in full (QBCares@Intuit.com).

Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.10.2018

"QuickBooks User"

Kommentare: Accounting, tracking expenses, handling taxes, doing payroll, creating invoices and tracking both customers and vendors.

Vorteile: I've been a QB user for almost two decades. What I like about this software is that it's easy to learn and use, especially if you don't really have an accounting or bookkeeping background. Their support has always been excellent and very helpful when needed. While there are cheaper accounting software programs, QB has been around a very long time, has superior customer service, and caters to users who may not have much accounting experience as well as those who do. It's also easy to get started if you're new to the software. They also have other options to help small business owners, such as payroll. I've used their payroll service (both basic and advanced) and I have found it to be very useful, affordable, and easy to use.

Nachteile: I'm a Mac user and the QB software isn't as great on a Mac as it is on a PC.

von Intuit Canada an 22.10.2018

Thanks for your loyalty to QuickBooks these past two decades, as we're proud to have been by your side all this time. Your comments were a pleasure to come across, as we strive to provide the payroll tools and support you deserve. Because we also work hard to ensure our software is accessible to users of all backgrounds, we've created self-help spaces like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) in case you ever have workflow or accounting questions.

As for the differences you've noticed on a Mac, rest assured I'm here to ensure your software is working just as well on all operating systems. At your earliest convenience, feel more than welcome to send me a message directly at QBCares@Intuit.com. That's my inbox, and I have the knowledge and tools to get you squared away.

Talk soon!

• Bewertet am 18.10.2018
Susan H.
Director of Operations
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 16.10.2018

"QB works for us"

Kommentare: When we switched over from Desktop to Online, I made a couple of errors that had to be fixed. I called the Help desk and I was grateful they stayed with me until everything was resolved even though in one case it took a very long time. The software itself is excellent once you find everything and become accustomed to how it is configured. We're a small company so it has far more features than we really need but is still a great asset for us to keep track of our finances, and I recommend it to others.

Vorteile: Our NFP company switched over to QuickBooks Online about six months ago, and it was a bit of an adjustment after many years of the desktop version. However, now that we've ironed most of the glitches out, I've found that it's great software with new features I really like, such as knowing it's backed up online and that our treasurer and accountant are able to access the data. I like being able to upload statements and receipts to transactions for a more complete record.

Nachteile: With QB Desktop I was able to assign literally everything a class so I could call up a report of just about anything. With QB Online, things like payroll and tax payments are a bit immutable and you can't add a class or change it to fit the needs. For example, our office personnel is partially covered by grant funding rather than general operating for part of the year but the wages cannot be assigned as such and therefore cannot be called up for a report on the grant.

von Intuit Canada an 19.10.2018

Thanks for reaching out with your review, Susan. While Online allows for some class and location tracking (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1146024), I'll gladly forward your comments about enhancing this functionality to the Engineering Team. Rest assured that when you speak, we listen. Your ideas power our innovations, as you know better than anyone what will benefit Children's Theatre of Elgin. In the meantime, the Community space above doubles as a Q&A forum monitored by more helpful product experts. I encourage you to explore it a bit when you get a chance, as there are tons of insights for handling your grant funding hosted there.

All the best!

• Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Jorge A.
Domestic/International Fufillment Coordinator
Lagerung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.10.2018

"Great for small business, or even mid size business."

Kommentare: Even with the one major flaw I experience, I would still recommend QuickBooks to small to midsize business that need an easy way to organize, categorize their costumer orders, inventory, and being able to keep track of company expenses.

Vorteile: I used this software for a number of years when I was working at a midsize family owned shipping/fulfillment center. It took me just a few hours to be able to understand how to navigate and properly use most of the features available software. Features Include: - Importing and Exporting of large data files containing costumer information - Multiple account log-ins, being able to switch between two different users(companies) with each having their own unique list of products, and clients. -Inventory, this was a very important feature for us, it notified us when we were running short on certain items for order fulfillment, it also kept an updated list of the amount of inventory in the warehouse in terms of dollar value - Costumer look up, address, product ordered, past orders, balance paid and due. Orders would could be search by order number, name of costumer, or even the ability to search orders meeting certain criteria. - Product information, the user had the ability to assign description and cost of their products. - Data back ups; the user would had the ability to make multiple save files that contain all the information that was present at the time of the creation of save file, it was a useful feature since a lot of the computers at work ended up being wiped or malfunction at one time or another.

Nachteile: The one thing that I just really dislike about this software is updating, after an update you would load a backup save file per company in order to re-import all the information that had already been available before the update. This lead to multiple order being shipped, and problems with inventory. Could have just been us, I don't know if every one experience this issue.

• Bewertet am 12.10.2018