School Management Software Bewertungen

4.1/5
    3.7/5
    4.1/5

Über School Management Software

RenWeb wird in mehr als 3.500 Schulen eingesetzt und ist führend im Bereich von Schulverwaltungssoftware.

Erfahre mehr über School Management Software

Eric K.
Chief Technology Officer
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.1.2019

"Excellent product for a VERY niche market"

Vorteile: RenWeb is School Information System software. It allows the user to take attendance, track grades, generate report cards, as well as a HOST of other features. Very feature-rich. In years past, RenWeb sort of lost its way with not really understanding who its core customer was - K-12 schools. After the acquisition by FACTS, RenWeb has really turned the ship around.

Nachteile: I do not like that FACTS is completely re-branding RenWeb as FACTS SIS. It doesn't sound as good. It looks like they're admitting failure. My preference would simply to be a major revision overhaul and re-branding with the same name.

• Bewertet am 30.1.2019
Shannon F.
Enrollment Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 15.10.2016

"Constantly improving software for schools"

Kommentare: We use Renweb throughout our entire school. We use their basic Student Information System as well as their value added Online Application/Online Enrollment. Overall their system helps us accomplish much more than our past paper system, although we have frustrations about the functionality of the features and ease of use from time to time. Fortunately their customer service is too notch and there's never been a question or issue they haven't walked with us through. They are currently in the process of updating their entire system from a desktop version to a web-based. Once this transition is completed and the bugs are worked out, they will have a sleek, modern interface that isn't as clunky and is more user friendly. Their value added product of Online Application/Online Enrollment leaves a bit to be desired but is a cost effective solution. It is not as user friendly for the families going through the process and doesn't make it easy to simplify some of the steps. We've enjoyed working with Renweb so far and would recommend the software to another school that is willing to put in the time and resources to work with a company that is in the process of updating their systems.

Vorteile: The customer service is the best part of using Renweb. They have a lot of self-help articles and videos. If you are crunched for time or can't find the answer you need just call them and they are more than happy to walk you through the issue! Another great thing is to have everything you need to run a school in one system! That simplifies all of our lives. They've even developed an integration with FACTS to make billing streamlined!

Nachteile: The fact that Renweb is creating a new online system and going away from their desktop based system will be great once it's finished. Right now it's frustrating to be stuck between the two systems with some important features not functional online yet (I know because I have a mac and can't use the desktop version). Some aspects of Renweb are clunky and not well organized which can be frustrating when you are trying to figure something out and don't have a lot of time.

• Bewertet am 15.10.2016
Teresa W.
Admin Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.3.2020

"Great Program for Educators"

Kommentare: I feel it is very positive. I know that once I get into the program, I can do what I need to do in a timely manner.

Vorteile: This program is one that makes it easy to track attendance, enter grades even mass communicate with students and parents. I love the autosave feature when entering grades.

Nachteile: Sometimes, logging in is more diffucult than others. Sometimes when I try to log in, I get several options from which to choose and I have to choose the right one. I would think one option would display when I search Renweb and then after opening, all of the wonderful options Renweb has would be available.

• Bewertet am 20.3.2020
Joshua P.
School Administrator
  • Bewertet am 16.1.2020

"Renweb has been a good solution for our school"

Kommentare: We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place. This has been invaluable.

Vorteile: Renweb has an incredible amount of diversity. We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place.

Nachteile: For all the positives that Renweb provides, it is still not very user-friendly. They also totally botched the unveil of Renweb 1. Users have been in limbo for too long.

Leslie K.
  • Bewertet am 6.10.2016

"Buyer's Remorse. "

Kommentare: Renweb is a disaster.
1. The default date setting for all documents your teachers and staff go to the trouble to upload and make accessible to students and parents is ONE DAY. You read that right. You didn't know your staff would go to the trouble to upload something for just 24 hours, but that is what Renweb thinks, and refuses to change. Their default should be a one week date range. In what universe would anyone want documents to disappear in 24 hours? In the Renweb universe only. You must remember to change the date when you upload it.
2. Renweb will not set a default for any links you click within Renweb open in a new tab, claiming that is a function of your browser. But many, many websites set their links to be either pop-ups or new tabs. Renweb will not.
3. No flexibility on naming links on the website you pay them for. If you want to use Lesson Plans for Assignments, forget about naming it correctly for YOUR school. Your parents and students will have to use their pre-named tabs, whether or not that applies to your school. Forget about any customization for the big bucks you pay.
4. 'Resources' as a link name is used twice, which is very confusing to parents and students, and unnecessary, given there are many words in the English language. Why not name the Class tab for Resources, 'Documents'? Because that is what it is. Then the other Resources, in the menu column, will be distinct, and for schoolwide resources.
5. Email formatting is abysmal; some kind of primitive html form that yields automatic spacing (not visible to the sender) between paragraphs and an ugly font; there is now a Communications Beta, so perhaps that will address the sheer ugliness of their email formats.
There is much more disappointment awaiting you in the inflexible Renweb, but after spending my morning untangling yet another problem, I need to get to mission-critical tasks.
Yes, they get high marks for customer service from many users, but that customer service is necessary to compensate for all the inherent issues.
I am so sorry we invested in Renweb. Unnecessarily complicated to interface with, while yielding emails that look like they were created ten years ago. An odd combination of behind the scenes 'sophistication' with primitive-looking email communications with parents/ students.

• Bewertet am 6.10.2016
Director Of Technology
  • Bewertet am 8.8.2019

"Saves a lot of money and easy to use!"

Kommentare: Wonderful!

Vorteile: Working for a small school means trying every way to save money and we were able to do that with this software.

Nachteile: It doesn't offer as many of the "bells and whistles" as other big-brand names do.

• Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Art Teacher
  • Bewertet am 15.1.2020

"Renweb"

Kommentare: My experience was not very positive as I had to continually help people try to figure out how to do something. Then they would come up with an update and that would all change.

Vorteile: I thought the pros of Renweb was that it was a starting point. It had lots of features that you could purchase and lots of options.

Nachteile: I think the software was not extremely user friendly. It was hard to navigate and they just needed a UX designer to go in and update thing. There were various versions that people were using that made things complicated. Also they make it so you can't pull your data out easily.

• Bewertet am 15.1.2020
Heidi D.
Preschool Director
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2018

"RenWeb"

Kommentare: Like all school management software, it has its benefits and challenges.

Vorteile: I like having an all in one system. We can pull reports, make labels, etc. I can communicate with all parents at once and create smaller classroom groups.

Nachteile: It is difficult to sometimes figure out how to pull a report with the things you are looking for. It takes a bit of trial and error to find what you're looking for and sometimes I give up. I also don't like that you can't customize an emergency sheet for each student to get the data on that sheet that I'm looking for and not just a template.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Scott A.
  • Bewertet am 30.11.2019

"Useful Tool for Teachers to Use"

Vorteile: It's simple to access data about our students in order to send communications.

Nachteile: The software interface still seems very outdated by at least 10 years.

• Bewertet am 30.11.2019
Rob L.
Principal

"RenWeb"

Kommentare: Overall, our school had a good experience with RenWeb and the tools available with it.

Vorteile: RenWeb was a great tool for our school to share information about our students with their parents. Being able to email parents and have all of the information readily available when needed was very helpful. I also liked that I was able to keep track of grades and attendance all in one place.

Nachteile: There were a few things that were difficult to navigate for both parents and teachers. There were some times that we were not able to do everything that we wanted.

Seth R.
  • Bewertet am 8.7.2016

"Powerful software but slow to innovate and address issues"

Kommentare: I've been using RenWeb for five (5) years now and have a major love/hate relationship with it. It's expensive to get started and then expensive if you want to adjust anything. Thousands to add a custom logo to the report cards. The financial account system is not GAAP compliant and their response was "we're not an accounting software company." But if you're going to have the feature then do it right. The online teacher portal is not Chrome compliant and it took four years to get the Parent Portal working on Chrome. For two years I had to tell parents to run IE in compatability mode to get it to work. RenWeb1 (theire new online portal) was announced and pused 1.5 years ago and still is not functional. They promised an Android app when we signed up five years ago (it's only 3-6 months away - they promised) . It tooke 3 years to get it functional. They are extremely slow to inovate. Their modules do not integrate well. If you put something on your lesson plans on a specific date, only certain entries can be added automatically to your classroom calendar and then your gradebook. So for many things you have enter the same information 3 or 4 times to get it to each location. This results in frustration on the teachers part and lack of use. What keeps me with them are the tuition management module and the student (afterschool care) time clock. The student clock creates unique barcode scanner cards for authorized pickups to ensure the correct person is picking up the kids. This one feature is about the only thing that keeps me with RenWeb. There is no Google Apps for Education integration, but according to them "it's coming soon". The last time I heard that statement, it was three years. That's not soon.

Vorteile: One stop shop for multiple software applications

Nachteile: Slow to innovate, expensive add ons, frustrating software functionality

• Bewertet am 8.7.2016
Carrie S.
Librarian
  • Bewertet am 14.5.2019

"Everything A Teacher Needs!"

Kommentare: My overall experience has been a positive one. I have used this software in a couple of schools I've taught in. I enjoy using it and would recommend it to any fellow teachers as well as any future schools.

Vorteile: What I like most about RenWeb is the fact that everything a teacher may need in document management is in one place. The teacher can write their lesson plans, use the software to enter grades and find everything they may need on their students all in one place. I like the fact that the lesson plans are easy for parents to see as well. They have made some good advances in the past year. They are making strides in keeping up with the way they appear and the flexibility they have implemented to allow the teacher to work from work and personal devices. I do know from personal experience that they want to put the best product out there and are not afraid to change to do it.

Nachteile: The thing I have liked least about this software is that they make some changes to the software in the year. I adjusted to some of their updates with ease only to find it has changed during the year. I can be a bit frustrating especially when those changes happen at the end of a school year. I'm glad they are evolving, the timing could be better.

• Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Jamie B.
Elementary Vice Principal
  • Bewertet am 28.2.2018

"Renweb is all you need!"

Kommentare: The benefits of this software are too many to list. Renweb has taught me things on the administrative side that I did not even know I needed to learn. My teachers have their classroom information organized and can make their own customized reports if needed which is a huge benefit because not all students are the same.

Vorteile: Having all the information for our students literally at our fingertips has been a huge advantage in moving into the digital age. We can quickly look up everything we need and it tracks it for all students and families. Having the access to personal information, tracking emails, communications, grade book and calendars all in one spot has been my favorite parts of diving into this software.

Nachteile: The thing I really hate is when you go to a classroom and it pops up "communication has moved". I did not go there for communication but since it is the first alphabetically on the list, this error pops up every time. I just scroll down and click grade book so it is easy to get out of it. It is just annoying that I feel like it yells at me every day when I go to that section. Small annoyance really but still annoying.

• Bewertet am 28.2.2018
Freddie S.
Business Manager
  • Bewertet am 23.6.2017

"The best thing about RenWeb and FACTS is the customer service."

Kommentare: Our parents do not need to call our office as often, they can go straight to RenWeb and FACTS to see what is going on with their student and their account. It is transparent and user friendly to them.

Vorteile: Since this software is so comprehensive it is great to be able to call the customer service number any time during the day. The customer service team is courteous, helpful and very knowledgeable. Using this software in addition to FACTS has also allowed us to pass on the same level of customer service to our students and families.

Nachteile: The transition has been difficult and it would have been helpful to have more integration, import export capability with Excel and have templates provided for this transition.

• Bewertet am 23.6.2017
Jesse L.
  • Bewertet am 29.1.2019

"RenWeb app"

Kommentare: I have used RenWeb for several years at my school and I'm really enjoying the new updates. It was a bit clunky before and is now quite smooth and intuitive.

Vorteile: RenWeb online is fantastic. The way it is graphically organized makes it very simple and intuitive to access grades, report cards, contact parents and staff, see individual student information, Etc. I'm over all very happy with the software.

Nachteile: The RenWeb Android app really doesn't let you do much. I can access student information and take attendance, but that's pretty much it. It's not organized terribly well and is slow as well. I look forward to an updated version in the future as they have updated their website.

• Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Loren E.
Registrar
  • Bewertet am 10.2.2017

"great software, but complex"

Kommentare: RenWeb is amazing. There are so many features and abilities that make our school run. We simply don't use everything RenWeb offers, but all of its core modules we use all the time. Its newest web interface is convenient and efficient. They do make continual improvements to the product, which I appreciate. There is a real learning curve associated with starting out implementing RenWeb. Their video training is good, and their customer support is great, but it's still a big undertaking. Teachers have a few key things to do in the system, and most of them will get up to speed quickly. Admisistrators have much more to do, and it just takes time to figure it all out.

Vorteile: web based, customer support

Nachteile: quirky (probably like any software)

• Bewertet am 10.2.2017
Annie W.
Elementary Director
  • Bewertet am 1.8.2018

"Once I got the hang of it, Renweb is a great resource for classroom grades"

Kommentare: Our entire school's information and grading is found in one system - it is connected and has everything I need for the gradebook aspect.

Vorteile: I appreciate the functionality of renweb especially with grading. It is easy to align the grading system to the system you want for you classroom. Also, it allows parents to get connected to your student's progress.

Nachteile: Sometimes, certain features feel like they are 100 clicks away. Especially to send home messages through the program itself. I relied on my regular email far more often. Putting in behavior reports was also not my favorite feature.

• Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Jeanne D.
Director of Advancement
  • Bewertet am 25.5.2017

"Great product. This can track everything we need at school."

Kommentare: We are able to track all our school families, with notes and interactions and even distant family members. It has professionalized our database management efforts at our school.

Vorteile: I like that flexibility of the database. It tracks families as groups, and as each individual separately. It allows me to "divorce" families and change things however I need.

Nachteile: Like all advanced systems, it can be cumbersome to drill down to all the levels and use all its capabilities. But whether for simple users or expert ones, it seems to accomplish everything we need at our school.

• Bewertet am 25.5.2017
Helen M.
Collections Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2018

"I have used this software from beginning to now and have learned just about all areas of it."

Kommentare: One central area to keep student information together.

Vorteile: This software has multiple sections that integrate with each other . This makes troubleshooting easier since you can actual get to the same area different ways. Also, once you get their support team they are awesome when it comes to helping you understand what you need done.

Nachteile: No area for emailing thread or contacting conversation with a co-workers on family balances.
Also call in to many buttons to get software area needed.

• Bewertet am 26.3.2018
Lisa P.
Front Office Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.2.2019

"RenWeb is, by far, THE BEST and most user friendly software out there for school management!"

Kommentare: I have used RenWeb at several different schools I have been a part of and have yet to find it's equal. It is the best experience I have had with ANY school management software. It changed our schools for the better.

Vorteile: -Easy to learn and navigate
-Everything your school needs under one umbrella
-Very user friendly
-Quality and detail oriented
-Simply stated - the best decision you could make for your school

Nachteile: Customer Service wait times were often a bit long.

• Bewertet am 28.2.2019
Ella M.
Admissions Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 4.2.2016

"Program is Very Good, Customer Service is Excellent"

Kommentare: The benefits: Complete from inquiry to admissions to enrollment. Can tailor to suite needs with checklist items, automatic emails etc. Reports are easy to create. Cons: Inquiry reporting is separate from admissions and enrollment reporting. Would be helpful to have one report to show inquiries that moved to admissions that moved to enrolled/finished. The directions on RenWeb University seem scattered and I found it very difficult to learn the process for starting a new year and running through re-enrollment. I took the webinars which were very helpful, but I am a checklist person. So I called RenWeb many times to have them walk me through the process so I could write it down step by step. The Customer Service was a life saver! This is my first big project creating re-enrollment from scratch. From creating the enrollment packets to testing them and learning the process for release, your reps were patient, kind and so helpful. I called so many times I began to recognize their voices when they picked up! I could only imagine when they asked my name and district code they probably saw a list pages long with my name popping up! Oh her again. They never made me feel silly for calling so much and took the time to help me walk through step by step and explain things in a way I grasped. I knew that I could take a risk and click a button not being completely confident what would happen, because if it caused a problem, someone would be able to help me. They were a huge safety net. As a result, we released online re-enrollment/enrollment two days ago and the world has not collapsed! lol. Can't say enough. Thank you, thank you!

• Bewertet am 4.2.2016
Kimberly L.
Development Director
  • Bewertet am 8.3.2018

"I love the new update."

Kommentare: I like that I can send email to the whole school or just one grade. Posting announcements are really easy.

Vorteile: I like the new update and renweb one. The emailing is a lot easier and posting announcements. I am slowly learning how to use it more and more every day.

Nachteile: I wish there was an app for administrators to be able to post from the phone or ipad. Having to have a desktop everytime is harder to do.

• Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Lisa P.
  • Bewertet am 19.2.2019

"A Complete Solution"

Kommentare: It has been a wonderful tool. It allows us to have our gradebook, attendance log, health info, and behavior reports all within a single program.

Vorteile: This software is very versatile. It solves many of our issues.

Nachteile: Because it has so many facets, it can be a little difficult to navigate. Things are not located where I think they should be. I find the layout to be illogical.

• Bewertet am 19.2.2019
Zainub A.
School Secretary
  • Bewertet am 13.12.2016

"School Management software"

Kommentare: we use this as our main communication resources , and it works great. we do our report cards and emergency contacts and name it and you can find the details. there are few new additions they keep adding which have some bugs but they work with us to help us out

Vorteile: easy to communicate, and mobile app make life easier

Nachteile: it doesnt work well with google chrome, messes me up

• Bewertet am 13.12.2016
Stacy S.
Admin Assistant
  • Bewertet am 7.9.2018

"RenWeb"

Kommentare: In general, it seems to work...and if we need something set up, customer service works with us to try to accommodate our needs and what we're looking for. This is strictly form an office perspective, I am not a teacher.

Vorteile: Being able to run reports and integrate details per each student

Nachteile: I don't like how platforms and reports are different from the desktop to RenWeb1

• Bewertet am 7.9.2018