Über CoConstruct

Webbasierte Baumanagement-Software von Wohnobjekten zum Verwalten von Projektplänen, Ändern von Aufträgen und Aufstellungen, Abschätzungen und mehr.

Erfahre mehr über CoConstruct

If you are like me and about to embark on the days long search for a project management system, and have somewhat of a budget, stop right here, CoConstruct is it.

The Mobile app is severely lacking. The crew is primarily on the ground and trying to conduct a lot of business on-the-go.

Bewertungen zu CoConstruct

CoConstruct hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 864 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du CoConstruct bereits verwendet?

Joseph
Joseph
Senior Engineer in Kenia
Tiefbau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Agrxis Review on CoConstruct

Kommentare: CoConstruct has proven to be a fantastic management tool for my building projects, in my opinion. My productivity has been substantially eased by the feature-rich package, which has also improved communication with my staff and clients. Efficiency and productivity have considerably increased because to the ability to handle project finances, schedules, and communications in a single location. The interactive client site has also impressed me since it enables easy contact and keeps all parties informed about the status of the project. The ability to manage estimates, invoicing, and financial reporting has been made easier by the interaction with financial tools. The mobile app also guarantees that I may handle tasks while on the road and stay connected. CoConstruct has helped my construction company overall by streamlining project administration and producing good results.

I adore CoConstruct, and it is now a necessary tool for all of my building projects. The extensive project management tools of CoConstruct are one of my favorite aspects of the software. CoConstruct covers every stage of the building process, from early planning and budgeting through scheduling and communication. Real-time collaboration with my staff and clients has greatly increased productivity and decreased misunderstandings. The platform's simple navigation and clear user interface make it simple to organize projects, keep track of deadlines, and monitor progress. My project's financial administration has been simplified by the integrated financial tools, which include cost monitoring and invoicing. Additionally, the CoConstruct team's customer service has been outstanding, always helpful and responsive whenever I have a query.

Despite having a mostly pleasant experience with CoConstruct, there are a few features that I didn't particularly enjoy. First off, especially for smaller construction companies or independent contractors, the price structure might be a little on the expensive side. For some people seeking for a more cost-effective alternative, the price may be a deterrent.

vor 9 Monaten

Hi Joseph, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Buildertrend! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our team.

Leon
Owner in Kanada
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CoConstruct makes it clean!

Kommentare: So amazing, so happy, honestly love working in this system and meeting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] every couple of weeks! I will be telling everyone in the industry to use your software!

I spent a couple of months trying out a multitude of project management software, hoping to find the best for the cheapest. Of course that is never the case ;). CoConstruct was immediately the one that stood out. It had most of the features of the high end systems, and way more than the more 'tech industry' focused packages. In the end, even though it was a big step up in the price I was willing to pay, I am SO glad I chose CoConstruct! They are an amazing company with amazing support and have held my hand through the whole setup process (which takes time for sure, but worth every second as it makes everything SOOO much quicker and cleaner once you have it setup!). I use ClickUp for my personal management, and CoConstruct for my business management. If you are like me and about to embark on the days long search for a project management system, and have somewhat of a budget, stop right here, CoConstruct is it!

It feels a bit outdated. The UI is pretty damn clean which I like, but could use a facelift. I notice it seems to be all written in .asp? I heaven't seen that in over a decade, might be a lot of why it's running slower :/

Colby
Bau
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Good construction management tool with much potential

I like how Co-construct can help with scheduling and keeping a project more organized. The new scheduling tool is a big step in the right direction. It is fluid, user-friendly, and very functional. If all of Co-construct was patterned after the look and feel of the way the schedule is built, that would almost do it for me. There would, or course, be a few little things here and there I'm sure, but the majority of it would be there. I it also nice how honest and open you guys are to constant improvement. This is the best way to be the best!

It is too much like a social networking program and not enough like a professional tool.

Antwort von CoConstruct

Hi Colby, Thanks for the input. It sounds like you’ve already shared your feedback with our support team, which is good. We’ve got all of your suggestions logged. However, I did want to specifically respond to a few of your points, since they are items that we actually addressed in some recent updates or are functions designed to provide features that are helpful to users who may be choosing to use the system a little differently from you – which is fine, since no two custom builders operate the same way: #1 – We have been adding some more full-screen options, such as with the new Gantt, Task, and Baseline views, which will grow as large as your browser window and screen make available. #3 – The Activity Manager feature does allow the viewing of a particular partner’s schedule across one or more projects to see scheduling conflicts. You can also have a multi-partner, color-coded view for seeing scheduling conflicts without having to run a report for each partner. #4 and #5 – The term “files” vs. “documents” is a bit of a matter of personal preference. However, within the last week, we’ve upgraded the photo upload tool to a cleaner interface and with better drag-and-drop features for getting multiple pictures into the system quickly. #6 and #7 – Not all of our builders find a need for the separate questions and messages sections, but the questions feature does provide a great way to avoid the issue of a client asking a question, forgetting to respond to it, and then having the client lose faith in your ability to track open issues. With the clear indication of whether a question has been answered, it makes it easier for a builder to not overlook an outstanding item. If a client posts a question, and you decide that you want it elsewhere, you are able to click a link to move it to another spot in the project. #9 – Some builders like to put everything into their schedules. However, having a separate schedule vs. to-do feature allows you manage your larger, planned activities on the schedule without cluttering it up with the small everyday (but still important) items that pop-up. You can quickly add those kinds of items to the to-do list from the website or mobile app. Our reports allow you to see, modify, and close out items from both sections in a single view. So, while it’s obviously your choice which sections you want to use, many of our users find it very helpful to keep the schedule and to-dos separate. #12 – I agree. This is a popular request that I would like for us to address. #14 – The Contacts page does provide a single place to access all of the people involved in your operation, whether they are clients, team members, prospects, or trades. We do have some other screens for managing the specifics if one of those contacts is, for example, a trade partner who needs access to just certain projects. But, you are able to get to all of your contacts from a single section, and then link to any other settings you may need from there. Thanks for the input, and we look forward to continuing to enhance the system based on our users’ feedback! Donny Wyatt President, Co-construct

Norman
Project Manager in Simbabwe
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Benefits of using CoConstruct in construction

-easy project management -better document management -easy estimating of materials and labour of different tasks

-expensive to other users or contractors -hard ton navigate the lead tracking system

Rebecca
Office admin in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very useful tool but complicated

Kommentare: Overall I am happy with the software. It takes a long time to populate everything and it takes a lot of time to learn how to use all of the tools, and it is REALLY expensive, . . . but, it can be a very good tool that saves a lot of money through more efficient RFP process and scheduling.

I like that, once all of your templates, specs, and trade partners are populated, it is very easy build professional looking proposals, quickly send out and manage RFPs, easily track jobs, and sync with quickbooks.

I wish there was a better tool in the estimate section for showing Cost to Complete. In quickbooks, there is a report that can show you how you are tracking cost wise against your construction schedule. It would be great to have something like that in CoConstruct. I wish there was a way to check a box on uploaded documents so they could be viewed in multiple places. Example, if I upload a PDF in the bids section, I wish I could also attach it automatically to the applicable section of the selections. As it is now, I have to duplicate that work by uploading it in both places. If the bid request is linked to a spec, it should give the option to attach the bid in both locations.

Sam
Owner / Operator / President in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great program. Incredible value.

Kommentare: I've truly been impressed with CoConstruct's customer service, webinar, and coaching availability. They have trained their staff well and it shows - they are also staffed accordingly. The system is robust and is able to meet you where you are at - if your current system is advanced - this is a good product for you. If your current system is under-developed and needs some shoring up - this is a good product for you. My coach, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows his stuff and has been extremely helpful through implementation and now operations and maintenance.

There are too many positive aspects to list - the way it has aided in our process management is priceless. From bidding to pre-construction and construction thru warranty, CoConstruct simplifies these processes and helps you ensure that each phase gets the attention it needs. Selections have been easier, sales have been smoother, and the communication aspect of the system is a game changer. It has helped maintain a consistent and detailed flow of communication with my customers, which is HUGE!

There are always features of a project management software that don't quite fit as precisely as you'd like into your current work-flow system. I treated this as an opportunity to reevaluate my process and if I could do things differently or better. There are few aspects of the software that I would say do not fit my company at this time. Implementation, as far as kicking it off to my suppliers and subcontractors, perhaps, has been the most challenging. However, it has not been a HUGE challenge - I've found that the majority of my subs and suppliers like the software and are looking forward to learning more about it.

Douglas

CoConstruct Remodeler

Kommentare: It’s like all software where you have to set it up to customize it for yourself but it’s not hard

Everything is great but AWAs getting approved is the number one. Remodeling always has changed CC makes it so easy to give customers options with price and once they select the one they want the $$ go right onto to their balance

It’s not that I don’t like the scheduling I just wish you could see all the project schedules could be seen on a master schedule

Antwort von CoConstruct

Douglas -- I'm glad you're loving CoConstruct and that we're helping you get real approvals (and really getting paid for them!). I noticed your comment about wanting to see all schedules in one place. The good news is that we actually do that. From your main dashboard, click on the first menu bar item, called "Task Manager." That allows you to see a global view of all of your schedule, to-do, and warranty items in one place in a list, Gantt, or calendar view. Click the "Filter" button to get to even more advanced options for narrowing down exactly what you want to overlay or color code. We have a similar feature in the mobile app, too. If you have any questions, our support team is happy to help. Give us a call at 800-213-3392.

Shawn

CoConstruct

Kommentare: It was a little complicated, but so is running a business. CoConstruct goes above and beyond to help you learn how to use it. There are multiple ways to set up your system. Customer service knows the software and will answer your questions completely. You have to figure our exactly how to use it to best suit your needs.

After 2 years of use there is very little if any extra or useless features in the software. The more of it we use the better it becomes. I have no regrets in purchasing it even though it has not paid for itself yet.

It took a while to reach the level at which we use it. This isn't necessarily bad on the software but as much the nature of the construction business. Doing a few jobs per year doesn't give you a lot of opportunity to change your procedure when you find a better way. That has required patience but it has paid off. You will not implement this software perfectly quickly, more than likely.

A Must for Construction Project Management

Kommentare: Overall experience has been great. I have to say that every time I call into Tech Support, the tech who answers has always been able to solve my issue or answer my question without passing me to someone else. Rare in this software-driven world of foreign tech support/passing down the line.

Our clients, trades and entire team have ONE site, both computer and mobile, to visit to access all of the necessary information, specifications, budgets, jobs schedules, etc.

I need additional estimating integration with my estimating software and currently have to manually enter my estimates vs. pushing takeoff data real-time directly into my estimates. Hopefully that will come with time!

Leslie
Interior Designer in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Changing Lanes

Kommentare: We were completely satisfied with CoConstruct! It is a really well thought out program with great support. If it made since for us to keep the software during our transition we would have!

We really loved creating templates for specifications and being able to incorporate these into a proposal. This software works seamlessly with quickbooks allowing us to keep track of financials alongside the project.

In the end the software became too expensive for our small firm, and honestly it was a little more than we needed (we transitioned from a design/build to strictly a design firm).

Antwort von CoConstruct

Leslie -- Thanks for all of the great feedback. We're sorry to see you go from CoConstruct, but we understand. We are great for design/build firms, who can use an unlimited number of projects at no additional charge for managing their design projects, including with customer communication, for as little as $199/mo, and then have all of that job data flow directly into the construction management side of the company. But, we were designed for companies that have a construction component of their business, so if you're only doing design now, I see where it may not be a fit. Hopefully you can send your design clients to contractors in your area who use CoConstruct, so the clients still get the benefit of it and you can still utilize it as a partner user of the contractor.

Sean
Manager in Neuseeland
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Free Trial is a Scam!

Kommentare: Free Trial is a scam! They don't provide any real experience with use of the software. Sales Consultants tell you that the only way to see how the software works is to sign up to the so-called "Free" trial. Although we ask them to implement templates, spends tens of hours to trial the software. Once we decided not to use it due to its big flaws in scheduling, accounting and day to day operation, they confirmed its all good and the refund will be processed. Later on, when I went through our Credit Card statement, I realised they never refunded. When I contacted them, they said we had to go through three official implementation sessions. Why should we go through Online Implementation Sessions if after getting to the details, the sales consultants confirm that it won't do what we need it to do!? What a scam!

Some general functionalities were okay but you can never try the actual software without purchasing the trial, so it looks good on the surface only.

Major flaws in accounting, scheduling and day to day job management such a submitting variations via phone.

Antwort von CoConstruct

Sean This is Donny Wyatt, Founder and CEO at CoConstruct, and I wanted to personally respond since we'd never want one of our customers to have what sounds like a bait-and-switch situation. I am having our team confirm that your refund was processed. If it wasn't for some reason, we'll make sure it is. Secondly, I want to clarify about the "free trial," since we have never offered a free trial in our 15-year history, nor used that "trial" language on our website. Some of our competitors do use that term (even though they don't actually offer free trials, either). So, I wanted to dispel concerns about our offer. However, you did sign up at a time when we offered a money back guarantee, which we'll absolutely make sure we fulfill. Finally, I hope we can reach out to get your concerns about the product itself. We don't try to be all things to all companies, but we can't improve if we don't ask. Thanks for posting, and I hope this addresses at least the most pressing of your concerns.

Brad
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: I am a third generation home builder in the Kansas City, Missouri market. Our family has been building and developing for over 50 years through both good times and bad. We build homes that range from $250,000 to $5,000,00000. With the recent economic downturn, we had to naturally downsize our company in order to survive. We went from 50 homes per year to 2 per year, but are now starting to see signs of improvement in our market and wanted to implement a new cloud based software system that would improve communications between all players in the building of our custom homes. We wanted something that would handle communications, specifications, scheduling, budgeting, selection sheet management, change orders, file sharing, to-do lists/punch lists, job site logs as well as reporting, and we wanted something that would let us do this with less people. We have found that and much more with the Co-Construct platform. The set up was quick and easy. We were able to customize it to work with the way we do business which made the conversion simple for our staff. We were up and rolling on the first job in less than 1 week and using every function that the system has to offer. I can't name one bad function in the Co-Construct System. Four months into the system, and I can say nothing but positive comments about the Co-Construct software and Co-Construct team. We immediately started with a custom build job. Both my builder team, clients, and sub-contractors have nothing but positive things to say about the system (this goes all the way from the tech savvy to computer resistant partners). Our first clients on the system were in the mid 60's and have built 7 homes previously with other builders. They absolutely love using Co-Construct and seeing my daily communications and updates to the sub-contractors (the one's I want them to see). About two months into using the system, Co-Construct introduced an upgrade which included a budgeting feature which has become a valuable asset. They appear to continually upgrade the system at no additional cost to the user. Our next move will be to apply their custom branding option to personalize the website with our logo. At the writing of this review, they were releasing 20 new upgrades to the system. Can't wait to see what they are! Customer Support for this system is first rate. Most of the time that I have questions, I start a support ticket and have a response and resolution to my problem within 4 business hours. If I need to call, someone answers with professional, courteous and helpful answers to even the simple problems. With Co-construct, you can update, communicate and promote your business from any web connected device, allowing you to work from virtually anywhere. My clients really enjoy the "real-time" updates when we walk the jobs. Likewise, I enjoy my clients comments that they post while on site at the end of the day. It is nice to see the excitement in their posts.

Co-Construct has streamlined our business and communications and allowed us to do more, with less personnel in a more professional manner.
Our company has seen the following benefits while using Co-Construct: Cost savings through staff reduction. We no longer have a person dedicated to Warranty administration or Selection Management. The system does this for us. Cost savings through reduced communication errors. Cost Savings over using multiple software platforms. Increased margins through better and more timely change order management and collection. Reduced phone calls to sub-contractors for scheduling, punch lists, and orders with a written "paper trail" of dates and times that contacts were made. Simply having every aspect of your job from budget, to plans, communications to selections right in the palm of your hand in an easy to use interface, is invaluable. We are additionally finding that our customers are talking about this system to their friends. We have had potential referral clients ask if they would also be able to use the system. Over the years, we have seen many business tools revolutionize the way we do business - the copy machine, the two way radio, the fax machine, the cell phone, the internet. I am confident to say that we will look back at Co-Construct as another business innovation that has a more than positive effect on our business and bottom line.

Dwayne
President in Kanada

Absolutely the Best

To be honest there our company relies on Co-Construct daily to operate. Our team clock in which is tracked back to the project to know where you are with the budgeted hours. The scope of work is detailed through the specs and selections. Communication with our team, clients and trade partners is all tracked and never lost. Our clients constantly tell us how easy it is to use and its a selling feature for us. Estimating is super easy and then over the the budget sheet to see how you are tracking with your profits. The schedule and how all tasks are able to have assigned team members or trade partners to them is essential to maintain your schedule and for the clients to see this all going on is crucial. The ability to keep all your photos and files in one location of on specific specifications is amazing. Best of all the overview page shows you and your clients in a snapshot where the project is at.

There is a need for a WHIP report to help knowing a bit better where a project is financially vs the schedule.

Alex
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Convinced to switch then they rescended their offer. Did not keep their word.

Kommentare: I was promised a trial that overlapped the time I had already purchased at my previous product in order to convince me to switch instead of having paid for 2 products that do the same thing for the same time period. Maybe a month after I switched they called me and said they were no longer offering trials because so many people were signing up off the bat. What he wouldn't come out and admit is that they were going back on their word. They gave me a "credit" that was worth maybe running 5 projects through before I couldn't use the software anymore. They called to try to sell me on an upgrade while simultaneously telling me they were going back on their trail. Not that they weren't offering trials, but that they were going back on their word. I was already in the middle of a trial and they closed it out early. I don't work with businesses whose word means nothing. I have now lost my grandfathered in rates with my previous product and they've forced me into a hard spot. I won't be continuing with them though that it certain.

Getting a phone call trying to upgrade me out of my trial, refusing, then a week later being told the trial is being cut short and if I don't upgrade the pay now that I will not be able to use their product after switching. I could not even get the rep to admit over the phone that was what was happening. He simply skirted the issue by saying "its from the higher ups". No accountability.

Their lack of commitment and honesty in keeping true to what the said they would do.

Brett
General Manager in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Wouldn't run a construction company without it

Kommentare: CoConstruct has allowed us to integrate all project related information in one, web based platform that can be accessed from anywhere, including a fantastic mobile application for use in the field. Not only are we providing our clients with greater communication and visibility to the progress of their investment, but internally everyone has access to all the information relevant to a job, in one location. As a result, we have become more efficient and more profitable.

You can tell right from the start that this software was built by a builder, for builders. It completely integrates all aspects, from initial lead intake, estimating, specs, bid management, proposals, financial integration, project scheduling, task tracking, employee time management, and the list goes on and on. It links the builder with all their trade partners, and all their clients, providing a seamless platform that all information feeds in and out from, keeping track of it all in an extremely organized fashion. The level of support the CoConstruct team provides is top notch, with responses to support tickets often within the hour, the value of which is often overlooked when considering a software package.

From an overall perspective, the software has more available in it than we have been able to use currently, which gives us runway for future continual improvement. When we have had concerns, the CoConstruct help team has been able to quickly assist with answers, and they have even implemented some ideas for improvement we have suggested.

CEO in USA

CoConstruct is Dedicated Professionals

The customer service and dashboard resource articles and videos are extremely helpful. CoConstruct spent a lot of time and effort making sure customers had what they needed to use and understand how to use the software. We just left CoCamp and wow...... CoCamp was very helpful and needed because switching over to new software is a big deal, especially when you got systems in place that took awhile to setup. CoConstruct has most of the features we expect and they are always listening to what is needed.

We would like little more customization on trade partner naming/grouping, minor terminology customization, po options etc. However, we are really just beginning to use this feature loaded software so its a journey we are excited about.

Anna
Residential Designer in USA

Improves Efficency, Communication, and Organization

Kommentare: We used excel spreadsheets for budgets adn allowances prior, and had to create any document ourselves to try to organize the process. I was constantly asking the project manager for spec and allowance updates. It was a manual process trackign change orders, so many probably slipped through the cracks. With CoConstruct, all of the information is at our fingertips, literally. We have not shared all feature with clients, but did share the selection choice and change orders, and that along was greatly helpful.

So many things....To Dos that sync with my calendar, the ability to save templates, to easily look up the budget or allowances, create and track change orders, add selection options, easily comment/track communications on any feature (if I have a queston on a spec or selection, I can comment on that exact item, easily tracking specific conversations). It has greatly impacted the small GC/Builder I contract with.

Not sure I have one....as a Residentail Designer, being able to create room schedules would be nice, but this software is not meant for designers, it is meant for construction.

Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: We are family run business that does all types of home remodeling, from kitchens and baths to whole house remodels. In this day and age, there are a lot of good remodelers out there who can do the same level of work as we can, but they may not have a lot of business sense. We have come to realize that homeowners are looking for home remodeling companies to come in and get out as quickly as possible. Since we know this, we needed an edge on our competition and we looked at how we could improve our business. This meant reviewing the processes of the company and looking at where we could improve. The two main areas we needed to improve upon were scheduling and change orders. Both were done on pad and paper - very time consuming. We spoke to other remodelers in our peer group at Remodelers Advantage and searched online for software that could help us with those two areas. We purchased Microsoft Project and that worked well for us, but didn't help us with change orders. So we kept looking for a software product that would help us with change orders and finally found Co-construct. I scheduled a demo with Donny and we went through everything. We couldn't believe the functionality that was included then, and so much has been added since we started in April 2011. We were up and running on Co-construct in hours. Since it is all cloud based, we don't have to worry about installing software on our office computers and keep up with the upgrades. Donny and his team have always been there when I have had questions, and their response is quick. Every month, open conference calls are available to members where you can dial in and ask questions or get assistance with using the program from Donny. The software has made it so easy for us to get signed change orders. When the homeowner gets an email letting them know change order needs to be approved, he/she will log into Co-construct and click the button to accept the change order - that's it. It couldn't be any more simple. It saves my company hours every month and allows us to collect on change orders much more quickly. The calendar/scheduling feature is really nice because I can make the schedule available to the homeowner and our trade contractors. Instead of giving the trade contractors a piece of paper, they can go on-line and see the schedule. The program also emails them when they are added to a project schedule and when their task is coming up. The Co-construct team is always looking for software improvements which means they are always thinking ahead for the next great thing to add.

James
Kanada
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: Jadah homes is a custom home builder in central Canada. We build ready-to-move homes in southern Manitoba and ship them throughout the province of Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Our office is completely mobile, and we can build for any area without the increased cost of production in those areas. What makes Jadah truly unique is our homes are not modular, but rather custom with as high and wide as the customer specifies. The mover takes over the highway when move date happens.

Last year was our second year back in the business after I took a vacation from the industry to build our network-marketing business for five years. We built seven custom homes last year and wanted to focus on 10-15 for 2013. Because of Co-construct, we have exceeded these goals with less staff and a new division. Our goal has now shifted to 10 ready-to-move homes with forty multifamily units. I have just begun with Co-construct and feel so blessed that I was directed to your program. I can't even begin to describe what this has done for my business.
My rule is it has to be mobile, has to have this, has to have that, etc. I have some pretty high standards and thus far you have hit all my must-haves and more. I actually went to Apple and gave them a list of what I wanted in a program. They researched my needs and said it would cost me $100,000 to build. While i was in the process of starting to build with Apple, they suggested i should look for existing program that were already built and tested. Well, when I showed them your program and had them take a peek it was lights out. I dropped my Apple build with full confidence and bought into your program without hesitation. I knew it would deliver!! I thought I would be able to enter all my data into the program when I enrolled but business got busy. Jadah is off to some really big things. In my opinion, largely because of Co-construct putting the issue of managing several projects simultaneously to rest. We were going to hire another project manager but now with your program our new job position has changed. Again you saved me years of training a staff member for a position that isnt really needed. The problem with this program is that it is so good, I am struggling with telling others about it. My office staffing is really efficient, and when we do ten times the amount of units this year than last year with the same amount of staff, higher profit margins, and a more relaxed ME, people will think I sold my company's interest. Seriously, you guys are a God-send!

Hannah
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: HAMR Home Building Contractors is a small residential building company that prides itself on building high quality new homes and transforming old ones. We have only been in our own business for 3 1/2 years so we set up our own systems as best we could for managing the pricing, invoicing and back costing of each job. After settling into the business we felt that there must be a better, more efficient way of working than what we were doing. The more people we spoke to, we realized that everyone else also just used their own systems. These generally entailed multiple excel worksheets, lots of double entry, and far too much room for error. About two months ago, we came across Co-construct. We read through the information online and emailed for further information. We were booked into an online demonstration very quickly and once we realised what Co-construct had to offer we signed up immediately. My husband and I were blown away! Finally we had come across a program that would work for us and our clients! We have Co-construct branded with HAMR Home and it looks fantastic. The process was so quick and effortless on our part! Our website has been updated and we have had very positive feedback so far. We have just finished setting up our first new home project. It does take a bit of time to set up a really good master selection sheet - but the benefit is knowing that you have done it right first time. There is a lot of information to take in, so on our first job we have not included the 'budget' function. We want to get our head around the basics first and then on the next job we will add the budgeting. Our current clients are very impressed with co-construct and are excited about using it. In fact, decisions seem to be made immediately on the selections sheet. They are so happy to use Co-construct and they love being able to see the financial implications of their choices! The benefit of having all the communication in one place was a complete bonus! How many times had we previously searched back through emails to see where the client had confirmed their colour choice or stipulated who was supplying certain fittings. We often work with architects and clients - to have everyone sharing the same information is so valuable. We are new to Co-construct but so far the support we have received has been fantastic. We are delighted with our decision to join Co-construct and are continually surprised as we discover more wonderful practical functions.

Mikala
Project Manager in USA

What a Find!

Kommentare: CoConstruct centralizes so many of our business practices. Because of that we are a more efficient company. Our clients receive better service because CoConstruct offers structure to how we handle decisions, follow up items, scheduling and money. The implementation process is next to none in terms of undivided attention and assistance. One of the biggest issues I have found with software companies are their support services. You find a software, you get excited about it, you sign up and then you're left to figure it all out yourself. Not CoConstruct. It is truly incredibly the level of service and care that is provided which is no additional cost for on boarding. You are assigned an implementation coach who guides you through the learning process, data implementation, company branding, etc. And even when you have your arms around the software and feel you do not need any more coaching sessions, there is always an inevitable question you need to run by someone and that's where the support team comes into play. Call or email and a helpful resource of knowledge at your fingertips through the Help Center as well. CoConstruct sets the standard for customer service at an ultimate high.

The features are all highly integrative which is the ultimate selling point for CoConstruct. Before CoConstruct we were using four different softwares to accomplish all of what CoConstruct handles - estimating, budgeting, purchase orders, change orders, specs and selections, job log, to-do items, etc. The single point entry system hones in on efficiency and reduction of errors.

We are primarily open book and CoConstruct handles this relatively well. There are a couple nuisances in regards to budgeting along with the integration of Quickbooks that I feel could be improved. However it is minor enough to have a workaround that isn't too timely or error prone.

Sarah
General Manager in USA

Tremendous Help

Kommentare: The program has been a huge help to our business from estimating to the finished product. It does take some work and commitment to get it set up and we are still making some changes to some of that, but it is totally worth the effort. The customer service team is extremely helpful, they can almost always answer our questions in one phone call, if not on that call, they have always followed up so we are not left with unanswered questions.

Creating the estimate in Co-Construct and have that tie directly into the specs & selections section keeps all the information in one place, in a very organized manner. The customers can see exactly what we plan to build and the materials we will use, decreasing the chance of last-minute surprises for both us and the customer. We can easily show customer ways to save and give them options for upgrades.

It takes some work to get set up which seemed overwhelming at first, but the customer service team was able to assist during that time. The time investment into the set up was well worth it. And like most things, we are learning as we go - so we still, even after a year, are making some tweaks to our template, making it better and better each time.

Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Exceptional product for managing multiple home remodeling projects at the the same time

Kommentare: If you are a home remodeler or builder, this software is most like going to save you time and money if you use it the way it was built to be used.

The scheduling module has helped us make sure that we keep to the projects timeline and at the end compare how we did to what our baseline was at the start of the project. Our clients really like the ability to have a project management tool that allows them to communicate, see overview of the financials, make selections, approve change orders, see pictures, access project files and have a repository for messages in one place. The mobile app is a huge benefit to us because we can update the schedule in the field, see what tasks are due to be completed while at the job site and look at a file when out of the office.

Would like the ability to know when we have overbooked an employee or sub for the day when preparing and updating the schedule when running multiple projects.

Steve
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: In another life, I was a senior executive of a public home builder. We spent countless man-hours and untold amounts of money attempting to design a enterprise wide software that could do some of the functionality of Co-construct. We never did. It's my understanding that a number of public builders have to one degree or another done the same thing. Millions of dollars later, few, if any, accomplished what Co-construct has done in integrating the customer with the builder in a friendly, logical, affordable and immensely useful tool. It marries the client to the builder in a way that removes most of the causes of misunderstanding. It enhances the overall relationship. Instead of a lost stream of email correspondence, each communique is documented in the system for posterity. Questions disappear. Changes get documented. Discussions get verified. Change order confusion evaporates. Scheduling "dropped balls" are reduced or eliminated. Selection deadlines get met to the satisfaction of both parties. Choices get documented without confusion. Pricing and cost adjustments go through a vetting process that virtually eliminates controversy. Finally, after building an excellent house, we have a system that seals the client's relationship by providing a warranty follow up system that keeps the builder informed of critical issue regarding warranty that can sour the relationship if "forgotten" or inadvertently delayed because of misplaced priorities. One of the underlying and essential components of Co-construct is its "notifications" protocol. This allows all the team members to remain informed and up to date. It makes the excuse of "I forgot" or "I didn't know" disappear. The program "badgers the life out of you" until you get it done and check it off in Co-construct as "completed". This function acts like a matronly personal assistant daily reminding you of outstanding items requiring you or a team members attention. With the downsizing many of us have had to endure during this downturn, Co-construct offer a welcome productivity tool that fills in the gaps of lost personnel. Does it do everything we'd like it to do? No not yet, but with the excellence Co-construct has accomplished thus far, enhance modules we be enthusiastically received. We'll never build another house without Co-construct.

Jenny
Design

Good For Clients

I like that clients can see what they need to see and that it can be used as a tool for selections. It would be a good tool for our trades if they used it more. Some refuse to do so, so we're still having to communicate w/ them outside this program.

I don't like that the accounting function doesn't work with Quick Books as indicated. But, I also don't think it should be. I also think it's not as user friendly as it could be. For me, it's pretty easy, but for some of our Project Managers, it's a foreign language and there are too many places to go to write something. It's also hard to find things once you've written them. The scheduling part of it is really difficult for the guys in the field to use. The links with days and such is somewhat confusing for them, also.

Antwort von CoConstruct

Hi Jenny – Thanks for the feedback, but I’d love to have our support team get in touch to answer your concerns about the QuickBooks and scheduling features. We have lots of points of integration with QuickBooks, including our unique ability to pull budget actuals and give up-to-the-day revised projected totals. Our team is happy to do a screenshare to make sure all of the QuickBooks settings are correct. We can also help with answering your team’s questions on schedule. As you noted, we do have lots of powerful features for creating dependencies, lag/lead times, and more. Not all users need to take advantage of that, and users who are new to those concepts often learn them best by using our simple drag-and-drop grant view, which works on both Windows and Macs. Our support is free, so we’ll be in touch to provide whatever your team needs.