Big help for our small office.

Douglas D.
Dentist/Business-Owner
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Has become a vital tool to our practice. Helps us keep up in the arena with much bigger competitors.

Vorteile: Nicely integrated; billing, management, clinical. Staff all find it easy to use.

Nachteile: Initially clinical graphics were not too impressive -- but newer/upgraded graphics are great.

Best Dental Practice Software

Cheryl L.
Co- Owner
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great team, great tech support. Great value for your money. Great software!

Vorteile: I love the quick technical support that comes with this software. The tech team is what sold me on this software. The software can grow with your practice and the cloud technology is the best. Very stable and very quick to upload any of your data. Denticon has put a lot of work into this software and their servers. Hands down it is the best. I like not having to be on the phone because of software issues or server problems and be cause it is Denticon I don't have to. Denticon has given our office the greatest freedom because it is in the cloud. I have access to it from out of the office to work with the dentist at his office location and that frees up my time! Being a co-owner of the practice I can do all of my work outside of the office and that also give the dentist the freedom to see things at his convenience and not have to run to the office to look at his schedule or patients information. It is by far the best software and technical support team you can have!

Nachteile: This software is so stable that I don't have to worry about it.

Best cloud software on the market

Bewertet am 11.2.2017
Dr. C.
Dentist/owner
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used Curve, Eaglesoft, Dentrix, Open Dental, and researched and almost switched to Debtrix Ascend.
Denticon is the least "Beta" of all the cloud/web based softwares. Don't be fooled by the archaic GUI interface, it definitely has more of the nuts and bolts of what is needed for managing the data needs of a dental office.
I give a 4 out of 5 stars because it still needs some improvement. Training on how to get the most out of the software could be improved. I think they should provide a weekend course for all office managers/staff in order to ensure that users are using it properly and getting the most out of it.
They are making improvements continuously which is great!

Vorteile: Web Based.

Nachteile: Sometimes slow server on there end. No as intuitive as I would hope. Some significant features can overlooked easily. Wish we had more one on one training rather than just videos on there help portal. User guide should be more up to date.

Out With the Old In With The New!

Bewertet am 8.12.2015
Cheryl L.

Kommentare: Out With the Old In With The New! How would you like to say that in 2016?   Ditch  the servers in the front office and go flying away with lighting speed technology!   When our office wanted to purchase dental  software we tried to find the best match for our office.  Let me say first you should always stick with a team that does only that. Dental technology should be coming straight from companies who have been in the technology field for a long time.  This includes cloud technology.   If I want to buy toothbrushes I will go thru a dental supply company, not so with front office technology.   We love the freedom that Denticon has given us.   I went with Denticon and they do the rest when it comes to updating their software  to keep up with the technology that changes from day to day.  Stability is everything and Denticon is number one when it comes to giving our office state of the art cloud technology.   You don't have to do a thing but keep on working with your patients and inputting the claims thru.  The whole staff from the sales team all the way thru to the technology team is there to far exceed what ever your office needs. We love the flexibility of this software as well.  If you get an emergency call at home, the dentist can talk to the patient, look at their schedule and give the patient  a time to come in to the office before they get off the phone.  If it snows outside and the office is closed I can just pull up the schedule from Denticon, call our patients and reschedule them.  Denticon can give the  dentist the edge in running their office by the  reports generated by the software within seconds.  Reports that can help in micro managing anything from how many patients have a certain insurance, how many different procedures where done in a office,  how many outstanding insurance claims have not come in, etc, etc, etc.   Denticon is a software that your office will never be able to out grow.   Denticon's software is incredible when it comes to stability and flexibility.   I know  longer have to keep looking for dental software in the future.   They have far exceed my expectations of a software and technology team!   They are like family to us and we count it a fun and rewarding experience  to have them working as a team with our office.  Stability is the key to cloud based dental software and they have stability that can help any office to be more productive!   . Cheryl Long owner of Joy Jay Inc.

A great, reliable dental software

Christopher K.
Dentist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I utilize Denticon daily to run my practice. From daily reports to statements, it is a solid product, especially for the price point. Easily navigable screens. Training videos are an added plus.

Vorteile: I like how user-friendly the software is. If there is something that you need help with, one of the videos can often resolve the problem. If not, it is easy to submit a ticket, which will be answered quite promptly. I also really like the capability of being able to log on from any location, even from my smartphone, using Chrome.

Nachteile: I'm not an experienced billing specialist, but I did notice when I was posting payments that there are some quirky auto-adjustments that occur. It seems a little complicated and counterintuitive, but it's a minor issue that an experienced biller would be able to either utilize or circumvent.

A very comprehensive package

Virginia M.
Dentist Owner
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've always had good experience with Denticon product and staff.

Vorteile: I have appreciated the breadth of information this software gathers and the ease in asking for information to do analyses. The help staff have been very timely in responding to questions and finding answers for us.

Nachteile: The software is so comprehensive I feel sometimes I cannot wrap my head around what is included. I purchase this each month but I need to spend concentrated time to teach myself details about a question I have. Maybe being left behind? Or in other words, maybe having a overview video instead of a specific webinar topic available to the dentists who want to do specific analyses. The monthly cost for this software is at the upper limit of my preferred budget amount, but there does not seem to be an equivalent service anywhere that will match performance.

So glad we made the switch!

Bewertet am 9.12.2018
Douglas D.
Dentist/Owner
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's a very useful tool that let's us function at a much higher level than a small office such as ours otherwise could.

Vorteile: We'd been longtime Dentrix users prior to this -- leaving that behind and switching to Denticon was by far one of the most significantly beneficial changes we've ever made to our office operations. We would never even consider going back. We have found so many benefits and unexpected synergies in using Denticon -- and it seems like we're always discovering a few more. We are sure that it has been a genuine competitive advantage for us -- making it possible for us to keep-up and even excel in today's rapidly-evolving dental practice arena.

Nachteile: Sometimes I think less opening of new windows, less clicking through steps might be appreciated (but I understand that a lot of that is due to necessary tracking/documentation for security and accountability).

Denticon is the ideal solution for both the dental professional, and business owner

Bewertet am 15.9.2017
Justin J.
CEO and Founder
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Extremely robust software, cloud-based (accessible anywhere anytime), has a deep set of tools for providers, administrators, and online tools for patients. Amazing team support, responsive to requests and friendly. We're a fully paperless office, and we couldn't have done it without Denticon. They're continually responding to customer suggestions and adding new features, and the core product meets all of our needs and more. I also like how well integrated they are with other software (imaging, communications, payment processing, insurance billing, etc). Denticon has a Virtual Business Support service that supports pre-authorizations, claims, and other insurance or other needs (for very reasonable prices).

Nachteile: So robust that it takes a lot of time to learn. Plan for ample training time upfront with office admin and provider team. There's a comprehensive Help portal, and training, but plan to spend time to get a comprehensive understanding of all the software components. But it's worth it....

Intuitive and Efficient Web Based system

Bewertet am 24.4.2018
Mary W.
COO
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been on Denticon for 10+ years and have been able to see many of the beneficial enhancements that they have put out. They have been incredibly thoughtful and considerate of their clients throughout their development. We have converted offices from Eaglesoft, Softdent, and Dentrix. All conversions went incredibly smooth and staff transitioned very well.

Vorteile: Ease of navigation, reporting, conversion process, internal analytics, task managers for staff, and support. The system is web/cloud based so are able to access our information and imaging from anywhere. This is exceptionally helpful for our central billing office.

Nachteile: With any patient system, it is imperative to make sure to take the time on the front end in order to get the optimal end results and reporting. This is not a con but something that anyone looking to convert any system would need to be mindful of.

Denticon user

Bewertet am 29.5.2019
Lissa G.
Operations Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've had Denticon at my practice for 5 years and have been mostly satisfied.

Vorteile: What I like most about Denticon is that it's cloud based. Since I have two locations I am easily able to log in from anywhere and work. Another great feature are the updates and improvements within the system.

Nachteile: One of the least favorite features would be the lack of detailed reports. While Denticon has several, there are some reports that could be improved or added. Denticon is not always compatible with other systems including our x-ray system EasyDent, we were under the impression that a bridge would link the two programs but was not so we have to open each program separately. One of our most recent obstacle is Denticon not being compatible with Solution Reach which is a patient relationship management program.

Denticon software review

Bewertet am 10.1.2017
Pauline D.
Office Manager Dentist Office/ Consultant
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really love identical software - When we opened our first dental office 5 years ago, I researched a lot of software. Before even becoming a customer, I was able to go and get a test account online and try it out! At the time (5 years ago )many of the big names did not have a way to check or use the software via the internet. Denticon is cloud based and I can check whatever I need to from anywhere. Easy to use, easy to train on and great when you add or close offices! I 've trained other dental offices on other software and the programs are not as user-friendly! I thought this was one of the best software programs on the market and still think that way today! I would highly recommend it!

Vorteile: Easy to use and train on. Cloud based. Scaleable.
Good reports

Nachteile: That when you update an address you have to update it then save it and then go back and do it again hitting the update key. Doesn't have a patient confirmation feature built in.

Dental software

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Natalie S.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Being able to have patients book and pay online; on a cloud

Nachteile: Training new people on it; can’t call people for help. Instead you have to submit a ticket

denticon for a non-experienced user

Bewertet am 27.5.2019
Sandy D.
patient coordinator (receptionist honestly)
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: i honestly like denticon but it is second in my heart to dentrix only because tx planning on the mouth chart is a tiny bit easier to do in that aspect. but in denticon i usually tx plan in the tx plan tab not the chart which does make it easier to accomplish i also really like that its easy to plan out the tx plan stages with just clicking and editing. i also like that NP charts are easy to edit when its within families, and ins can just be like transfered over. its an easy to use software if one tames the time to play around with it

Vorteile: i like that denticon is very laid out (open formatted rather than closed menus) and has options for every menu/chart. im a receptionist and i really like that scheduling is very easy to set up and its effective in communication (the tile meanings) and that even charting (sometimes although rarely I'm called to asst.) is easy to understand pretty quickly

Nachteile: that sometimes when i copy paste appts. it messes my screen up and i have to do it over. or that like if i wanna filter patient scanned notes it doesnt filter each individual tab (thats like an addtional selection which is fine)

Denticon (Planet DDS)

Bewertet am 10.1.2017
Virginia M.
Owner Dentist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software program for my dental practice has been foundational for keeping the patient records and financial records straightforward. The clinical notes section has more detail options than I presently use. The scheduling section is extremely helpful for tracking, planning and can be easily customized. Denticon webinars have been very helpful for explaining new and deeper aspects to the software. I have not had to hire 'trainers' like other dental practice software companies provide: Everything is available through the help portal. I'm very satisfied.

Vorteile: Very helpful staff for bringing existing patient records onto this platform. Great Help portal.

Nachteile: I wish there were more videos to help explain how 'deep' some of the functions of the software go, so I know how much more I'm not using.

Easy Dental Practice Software

Bewertet am 17.10.2019
John S.
Dentist

Kommentare: Excellent.

Vorteile: Ease of use and access remotely from office and when abroad.

Nachteile: Maybe it has a little too much features.

AWESOME SOLUTION FOR MULTI LOCATION PRACTICES

Bewertet am 12.1.2017
Clemont A.
business manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: WE HAVE USED IT FOR 5 YEARS IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS. IT IS FLEXIBLE AND CAN BE USED NUMEROUS WAYS TO FIT HOW YOU DO THINGS.

Vorteile: easy to set up, no software issues to manage

Nachteile: graphics are not as good as other programs, some features are in strange locations and customizing different features can be a pain because trying to find the right screen to change things can be a pain.

Faithful to Denticon

Kristina W.

Kommentare: It’s been great

Vorteile: The ease of use. I was one of the beta users in the early days, and when I felt something needed changing, we would call and the staff at Denticon. Would make the adjustments.

Nachteile: The cost increases. It’s too bad that early adopters aren’t grandfathered in to a fixed price. This would also encourage dentists to stay with you, because if they left, they would lose their price.

To everyone I meet

Edna B.
Oral surgeon
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We target a certain daily weekly and monthly production and it helps so much to know our numbers so we know what to market to referring offices, and where we can improve

Vorteile: I talk about denticon to every single dentist I meet. Unsolicited advice for sure but I cannot praise it enough. It makes the clinical aspect but more importantly the business aspect so darn easy! I love how easy it is to use and stay on top of our daily weekly and monthly goals

Nachteile: Learning curve at the beginning was a bit rough but their onboarding team was incredible

Solo practice startup with Denticon

Bewertet am 20.11.2015
Orest B.
OWNER

Kommentare: Cloud based, no servers necessary other than a Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive for my xrays which cost $250. The software is designed for enterprise/large/multiple office practices, therefore it is supremely over engineered for a standard 1-3 doc practice. Denticon is like Dentrix but in the cloud. Denticon has also been around for over 10 years and is a solid company.
Things I like:
1. Scheduler shows procedures for the appointment and includes the tooth/surface, unlike other PMS
2. Quick batch entry of EOBs and payments
3. Integrates with Lighthouse 360 well
4. Copies of xrays taken in the office are copied to the cloud via Dentiray, I can view xrays remotely on my iPhone or at home, no need to remote in to my office
5. Denticon does not break: there is never a software update gone bad to worry about, there is never a hardware issue, if there is an internet problem Denticon mirrors your data at multiple data centers across the US
6. Virtual Business Services aka outsourced insurance and aging support: To check and verify/enter insurance plans there is a button on the appointment that sends the patient's insurance info to a Denticon agent in the US who then will verify and enter all the necessary insurance info into the patient file. No one offers that.
7. Realtime eligibility: A button you press in the patient's file that connects with the insurance carrier and gives you an immediate eligibility and benefits remaining report
8. Built in time clock for staff. No other cloud PMS that I looked at offers this.
9. Easy to add new users, new locations/practices
Since new ownership software updates have been more frequent but sometimes buggy. Denticon does not have the same grassroots user base interaction/support that is inherent in systems like Dentrix, Open Dental or Eaglesoft because their market penetration is geared towards multiple office/DSO customers.

It does not need to be complicated!

Bewertet am 13.8.2016
Ashkan A.
Dentist/ Owner
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using this software for the last 7 years and I wish I knew about it sooner in my career. I spent many hours prior to switching to Denticon worrying about my back up mechanism and paying for updates. I like the fact that all updates are automatic and that I have a say in what I want the software to do for my practice.

Vorteile: In could service.... No worries about backup. Accessible from anywhere that internet is available.

Nachteile: 3rd party companies do not integrate into Denticon as readily as some other major names on the market. It can be done, but it takes a bit of time usually. Most third party companies write their software for major brand names.

Great All-Around Software, Constantly Improving

Bewertet am 18.10.2016
Sarah E.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've been using Denticon since 2007 after switching from Kodak Practice Works. We've been very happy with the existing features, as well as the new features that have been introduced over time. We've been able to remove routing slips and paper charts from our day-to-day practice with this software. We've also been able to seamlessly integrate our digital x-ray software and our payment processing, as well as our electronic claims submission. When we have experienced issues interacting with the software, the PlanetDDS team is always quick to respond. We've also offered a few feature suggestions over the years, and all of them have been implemented. Overall, we're very pleased with the software, and would recommend it to any dental practice.

Great PM Software

Bewertet am 19.8.2016
Monica C.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've used Denticon for six years, and will continue to do so. The interface, while aesthetically utilitarian, is logical, functional and easy to navigate. The learning curve is very quick for new employees, which is of tremendous value. Most important of all is the prompt, friendly, knowledgeable support. They have the best support team we've ever worked with.

Vorteile: The Support Team is outstanding.
New features and updates are seamless and useful.
Great image handling via Apteryx bridge.

Nachteile: The interface is not as modern and slick as some others, but that is purely cosmetic.

Denticon is wonderful

Liz V.
Office Manager/ RDA
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Denticon is a wonderful secure online dental program. We completely appreciate that we have full access to our patient's records at all times from any place. The ease of the program and the constant upgrading of the site that is provided is so beneficial. Denticon has the best customer service and they are always welcoming to our suggestions and opinions.

Vorteile: The flows and eases of the program. The constant upgrading and that they listen to their customer's thoughts and suggestions.

Nachteile: The slowness of speed can be frustrating at times along with the delay (waiting for Denticon to respond)

Denticon review

Lynne B.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using Denticon software for years. It's flexibility is refreshing, ease of use is greatly appreciated and if ever we have any questions, technical support response is both rapid and thorough. We have been extremely pleased and recommend it to anyone who is overpaying for software that cannot accommodate a practice in the many ways that Denticon can accommodate a practice. The software has far exceeded my expectations and we have been using Denticon for over eight years. Their staff is professional and one of the best I have ever encountered.

Vorteile: Ease of use, flexibility, tech support

Nachteile: small screen shot

Denticon is a fantastic product! Very satisfied customer!

Lisa V.
Vice President of Operations
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very user friendly, easy for new staff to learn with the integrated knowledge base and training videos- accommodates different learning styles. We are a growing mobile dental company with over 70 offices and Denticon fits our needs to a "T" with the many schedules and reports we run daily, monthly and yearly. The customer service, support and sales departments are always friendly and willing to go that extra mile to help. We have grown and gone through changes over the last 6 years and I couldn't imaging using a different vendor! Happy with the continued upgrades as well!

Vorteile: user friendly, regular upgrades