How Much Is Your Data Worth?

Chloe D.
Artist
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Back in 2006 I had a double hard drive failure which resulted in me losing an entire year's worth of work. I was determined to not let that ever happen again, so I looked around for some good backup software and found Backup4All. I have been using it ever since. I am a graphic CG artist and keep about 4 terrabytes of data backed up every couple of days. Backup4All is the perfect solution as it allows me to keep an exact mirror of all my data. It would be impractical to do a complete new backup of that much data each time, so I use the fast mirror option which only backs up what has changed or been deleted since the last. I have my data organized into about 7 different backups on multiple backup drives which I can run simultaneously with Backup4All. Backup4All is quick and easy and performs these multiple tasks without any problems. I have looked and not found any other backup software that allows this kind of flexibility. Of course another added benefit is that I know if I accidentally delete or write over a file, have a backup copy. Backup4All has been an invaluable asset in my business and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a low cost, easy to use solution for protecting their valuable data.

Vorteile: runs multiple backups simultaneously Many options for backing up data, including a full mirror backup

Nachteile: Sometimes the backup catalog gets confused so you must be careful not to let that happen and never change any files in the backup itself or an entire new backup from scratch is required.

With BACKUP4ALL I feel safe when it comes to storing copies of the tasks I do day after day...

Bewertet am 15.4.2018
Analista financiero

Kommentare: This program allows you to make backup copies of the files very easily and with a large number of functions and configuration possibilities. Includes a wizard that will guide us step by step through the process of creating the backup, has file filters, password protection, file compression and utilities to program and automate backups.

Vorteile: I use this software every day in my work for more than 3 years. What I like the most is that I can make safe copies of everything I do on my PC. This makes me work safely. The best thing is that it is very easy to install and use. It is very efficient because it compresses all the information that has been copied and allows you to access it without problems.

Nachteile: There is absolutely nothing that you do not like. I would say it's amazing because you can have the copies saved on CD and that makes it amazing.

Comes with different modes and tools, which ensures it can handle all types of data backup needs.

Bewertet am 11.5.2018
Fatima A.
None

Kommentare: Backup4all is a wizard-guided backup application, that allows you to backup all your data and files, by creating backup jobs, and scheduling automatic backups.

Vorteile: The UI is similar to MS Office, so it should feel familiar.
Block-level backup speeds up the backup process of large files.
4 different types of backups: Smart, Full, Differential, and Mirror.
Backup and Restore wizard are easy to use. The backup wizard lets you create a new backup job by selecting Where, What, How and When to backup. The restore wizard is not different either, it is easy to understand.
Compress and Encrypt your backups using ZIP64 technology and AES encryption (256-bits).
You can backup to Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, BOX, Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Hubic, Hidrive and more than 37 Amazon S3 compatible cloud destinations.

Nachteile: The user interface of the application looks copied from the Microsoft Office user interface, so it is not genuine.

Hi Fatima,

Thank you for the review. We are using the ribbon-style for the user interface, which is now a default style for many apps. The reason we do this is for users to get used faster to working with Backup4all.

Simple yet powerfull tool for all my backups.

Bewertet am 30.10.2018
Debjit B.
Freelancer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: A very intitutive UI backup software, just install sync and forget your most horrible data loss drems. :)

Vorteile: I usually use incursive backup for my long-term projects, mirror backup for others and they perform behind and I can check the log and see everything is ok or not. There are lots of option to chose for how to back up.
The UI is familiar(I use W10) and workes pretty well. Their guide is self-explanatory and support is fine.
Love the feature of backup to your chosen cloud that eliminates my sync after taking backup problems.

Nachteile: Sometimes it takes forever to copy a simple config (named like .config/.env) file that I have to restart the backup software / sometimes my computer. Programme crashes sometime and I have to do the manual backup after that.

Best Backup Solution!

Bewertet am 17.2.2017
John P.
St Infrastructure Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Backup4All since version 4.x. I use it to backup 5 home pc's running Windows. It has always performed reliably and the company has done a great job of enhancing the product and providing updates. It has more features than I need and is very easy to install and setup. It backs up to just about any media type including backup to the cloud. I would recommend this product and have no regrets with my purchase.

Vorteile: Easy to setup and get backups working

Nachteile: Managing jobs at each client, wish there was a central management option.

Excellent tool

Bewertet am 13.6.2019
Zoran N.
Analytics
Forschung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Simply it does its job

Vorteile: Fro those who makes backup of multiple computers on network it is perfect solution. It makes Shadow copy of directory and it does on the schedule which user defines. I like this app.
Affordable price.

Nachteile: Sometimes it has annoying messages when computer scheduled for backup is not present on network.

Great backup software

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Sanjeev R.
Mr
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use once you figure out what type of back up you want

Nachteile: Types of backup are not clearly explained. Each could use an example and more explanation such as when to use.

BackUp4all: 4 when U 4get!

Bewertet am 11.4.2017
Brooke S.
Product Data Specialist
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Backup4all has saved my butt SO many times. Before backup4all, I had to start spreadsheet workbooks over again if I lost them. That can sometimes be a loss of a week of work. Backup4all has been my behind the scenes hero more times than I can count in the year I have been using it at work.

Vorteile: It's got my back when I am forgetful or we have a system failure.

Nachteile: The price is a bit much for an individual consumer.

Everyone Needs to Back Up Their Files

Bewertet am 28.10.2018
Sound Engineer
Unterhaltung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have a lot of files saved on my drive and if a virus were to crash my computer and delete all my files, I’m doomed. God forbid, I hope that never happens to me which is why we use Backup4all. Although there are no guarantees in life, Backup4all gives me peace of mind. I can work and not have to worry about these circumstances. I use a lot of data that requires a lot of space and Backup4all provides ample space for my work. Once I installed this software, it was very easy to use and served its purpose.

Nachteile: Price seems to be a little costly and hope they could determine the best price that could benefit both user and service provider. This will make it more appealing for all.

Received backup4all with a management system.

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Chad D.
Owner/Practice Manager

Vorteile: Easy to use. Customer service is excellent. Will backup anytime you set it to. The backup system is small and sits right with the server.

Nachteile: My least favorite part of the system is having to change the cartridges daily. I realize it's necessary but still a pain to remember.

Hi,

Thank you for the review. However I'm not sure I understand what "change the cartridges" is related to, as Backup4all doesn't back-up to tape.

actually it's the best backup software for windows

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Mark O.
Technology Support specialist
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I wanted a professional, scheduled backup with optional cloud transfer, running from a service. It was important that capable of smart mirroring the files.

Nachteile: can't tell. I really didn't find any issues with this software.

von Softland an 28.5.2019

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the review.

Simply the best backup software for Windows!

Bewertet am 3.2.2017
Giorgi G.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Backup4all for a while now already and I can surely say that this the most user-friendly and to-the-point backup software which does perfectly its job. It never gave me any an extra headache while using it for its purpose. Directly and in a fast way does the backups and the stuff I need with it. To be honest, it's my first backup software that I paid for and I'm completely satisfied with the value it provides. In short, it's the simple-to-use and utterly effective piece of program that exactly does the staff it's advertised for.

Vorteile: - Extremely easy to use and user-friendly.
- Clean and solid user interface
- Backup scheduling which is utterly useful if you wanna leave the computer turned off and do the backups during the night time automatically.
- Ability to upload backup on Amazon S3 and Dropbox. That's what I use the most. Handy feature.

Nachteile: Can't really say any cons of the software as so far I didn't experience any yet. It perfect meets my expectation whatever I use it for.

Good cheap backup software

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Brandon Z.
Hardware Support Specialist

Vorteile: Robust features at a good price. Supports many different backup locations SFTP, FTP, SMB, cloud etc. Easy to create backup jobs and schdeule them

Nachteile: Version updates require paying for newer version, but the software is not that expensive, so if a new feature is needed it wont be that expensive to upgrade.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for the review. Minor updates are always free (i.e from version 7.1 to 7.2), only new major versions are paid - although we do offer discounts up to 60% for those upgrades, and they are not mandatory.

Good software at a great price

Bewertet am 2.2.2018
IT Manager
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good, reliable backups.

Vorteile: Easy to setup and use overall good software. Can set up multiple days and each saves a different set if you would like.

Nachteile: Had issues with password after encryption. Other than that, there are no other cons i have found so far.

I feel it is a safe place for all my data

Bewertet am 21.5.2018
Ponde O.
Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I feel it is a safe place for all my data

Vorteile: I love the fact that I can now easily backup all my data from my desktop in one place, with easy access.

Nachteile: I feel the price for Backup4all is a little much high for an individual user of the product. probably if it could come down to a reasonable price

Hi Ponde,

Thank you for the review. We do have a cheaper edition, Lite, which is $20.

Backup4all is a great windows program. It allows me to backup my everything.

Bewertet am 28.6.2017
Sharon H.
Accountant
Unterhaltungselektronik, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Backup4all provides a complete solution to windows backup requirements.Definitely worth giving this solution a try.Great for backup needs.

Vorteile: Compatible with all windows versions.
Can back up anything to any type of device even to network connected devices.
Easy to use interface.

Nachteile: File encryption is not available on the free version.
Takes times to stop when trying to cancel a running job.

Backup4all for creating backup's

Bewertet am 18.5.2017
Anil K.

Vorteile: In today's world we all understand the importance of data be it my presentations, word documents, important software's, personal pictures.
At the beginning I used an approach where i was transferring all the key documents and data from my PC to an external hard drive. This is a tedious job to do.
Then i moved to using Backup4all which saves me a lot of time by running my backup's in the background.
Not only this but by having save my backup's directly to Google Drive or Dropbox , I no longer need any external drives and also keep my PC data clean.

Nachteile: 1. The UI could be made more intuitive, giving a better user experience and capability to navigate withing the tool more easily.
2. Reminders to report regular backup's could be added, where the user would be notified for an action.

Good backup software with a number of editions offering flexibility in meeting backup requirements

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Iain E.
Not Applicable (Retired)

Kommentare: Regular backups for PC.

Vorteile: The attractive ribbon interface and straightforward menu structure make the software reasonably easy to use. The 'lite' edition (which I use) offers backup to local, external (HDD/USB Drives only) and network locations. Also of note are the plugins available for Firefox, Chrome, and Thunderbird, all of which as very useful.

Nachteile: No backup to a FTP or SFTP location is available in the 'Lite' edition, but only in the professional edition.

Great backup!

Bewertet am 9.5.2018
Dealer Risk Investigator
Finanzdienstleistungen

Vorteile: I like that I can backup all my data in one place without thinking to hard. I know all my data is safe and secure also.

Nachteile: The user friendly side of the product could be better. You have to search for some things and learn how to do them.

Hi,

Thank you for the review. We're looking into simplifying the UI even more in the next major version, as to help new users.

Excellent Backup software

Brian C.
Technical Support

Kommentare: I am using the Professional version to make weekly automated backups onto BluRay discs. During my evaluation, I had a small issue getting setup and emailed tech support. Their response came within the day with a coherent suggestion that completely fixed my problem. Backups have been running without any problem since then. 100% recommended. It surpasses my expectations for the price.

Vorteile: Email notifications about backups being completed are wonderful. Ability to backup to BluRay it crucial for us. Options to specify compression size to control the amount of time the backup takes and size are super useful.

Nachteile: I only wish I could get email notifications when the software is awaiting a new disc to continue the backup.

A useful tool for creating & managing backup's

Bewertet am 12.4.2017
Shrish T.
Business Analyst
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am a person, for whom data is of prime importance, and one thing i hate the most is loss of data and then looking for recovery options to get back your data. I used Backup4all for helping me create & manage backup's on windows machine, this helps me save a lot of time and ensures data integrity. Their backup wizard is quite explanatory and helps you choose what operations you want to perform. I had a good time using this software and would recommend this to people with dependency on data.

Vorteile: Ease to use wizards, cost effectiveness, data integrity.

Nachteile: Does not support IOS, need that solution soon.

It simply does what it's meant to do

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Entrepeneur | Sales consultant

Vorteile: Good performing your backups (on demand and planned) and a wide set of features.

Nachteile: Sometimes we missed flexibility and customization options.

I love working with Backup4all!

Bewertet am 24.6.2018
Petya M.
web site developement and design

Kommentare: I recomment it! It does great job for me!

Vorteile: I have used this software for couple of months, but I am very exited and it is one of the preferred backup software. It saves all my data, from different devices. It has four different types of backups! I can also use ddifferent cloud services to backup in. It is also very easy to restore data! I love it!

Nachteile: No cons found at this moment, I like what I saw. I will contionue to use it and if something comes up - I can always add it in my review.

von Softland an 28.5.2019

Hi Petya,

Thank you for the review.

Best backup software I used.

Sebastien S.

Kommentare: I downloaded all the free and free to try backup software I could find on reputable site and Backup4All is the only product that does all what I could dream of for my small business. It haves features available in expansive business product but at an affordable price. I did try the product for some days and felt it was the right product for me so I bought it right away. I would recommend it for home usage too.

A must have tool on every machine

Bewertet am 9.5.2017
Parveen G.
Team Lead
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Automatic Backup and Email notifications

Vorteile: Nice job guys, liked its rich features e.g. cloud backup, multilingual features, automatic backup. I do not to worry to take the backup now, it is running on my system taking the regular backup with out any interference which has taken all my worries and i am happy using it and has recommended to my associates.

Nachteile: this is limited to the time which is considered for backup, it should be increased to some more duration.