A Nice Platform that is Scalable

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Bryan B.
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Vorteile: One of the things that I liked the most about this software was that it offers a Community Edition in addition to paid versions. I found this to be an important offering as it allows a startup business to gain a foothold into their market so that they can grow their capital to a point where they can purchase other suitable tiers and features that improve the efficiency of their online business.

Nachteile: One of the things that I like the least about this software is that updates have a tendency of breaking even vanilla installs of X-Cart. While it is a good practice to backup the files and database prior to updating any piece of the software, persistant breakage due to updates tend to serve as a deterent creates bigger security issues.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we appreciate that!

Regarding the upgrade issues, we work really hard on improving the updates system, it would be great if we could investigate the issue but I guess it's irrelevant now. (I can see you reported an issue back in July)

Anyway, with any small question or issue, please feel free to contact us, we're there 24/7 to give a hand.

Have a nice day!

Please do

Why X-Cart?

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
John L.
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My company needs to constantly streamline its workflows, to minimise manual input and automatically check details, such as EU VAT numbers. X-Cart v4 has suited my business well, and I will shortly be running my business on X-Cart v5. I cannot wait to start using its enhanced features.

Vorteile: X-Cart is packed full of features and its new templates offer the user a range of modern and traditional themes. In particular, X-Cart is flexible to meet my specific needs. Almost limitless changes are possible. Version 5 of X-Cart is particularly suitable for integrating into other software systems. I use the Zoho One business suite for processing my orders and inventory and the two systems integrate well. I have been using X-Cart version 4 for many years and I have been particularly impressed by its ability to be customised. Changes are relatively simple to make. There is a huge marketplace of additional modules available for X-Cart and I have made full use of these. I also decided to have X-Cart hosted by X-Cart. This was a very good decision. Previously, I was running on a dedicated server but its performance on the X-Cart virtual server was significantly faster. Furthermore, the support guys at X-Cart know what server settings will allow the site to run as fast as possible. They have also been proactive at fixing issues and offering enhancements as they arise, as part of the contract. Previously, I wasted hours with our old hosting support company and X-Cart tech support sorting out issues. The best part about the new hosting was that is far less expensive than the previous arrangement.

Nachteile: I have chosen to migrate from X-Cart v4 to v5. V5 has been designed to integrate well with other software platforms, unlike V4, which is limited. I do not regret choosing v4 some years ago, but v5 opens up a new world of possibilities.

von Qualiteam an 26.9.2019

Hi John,

Thanks for giving us a 5-star and for being a loyal customer for over 5 years!

BTW, John, our team are at eCommerce EXPO in London now, should you be there, please come by at stand N59, they'll be glad to see you! Or contact them by email to schedule a personal meeting.

Great e-commerce software with constant updates and plenty of additional addons

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Jonathan C.
Co-Owner
Luxusgüter & Schmuck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I really love the software, just trying to create work-a-rounds for the few issues we are having until something more permanent comes along; either from the developers or a better addon.

Vorteile: Has many great options like product variants and options. as well as extended functionality with available addons.

Nachteile: Connection to facebook store is very limited, only seems to export the first product variant or option in the feed file. For example we sell jewelry and we have options for ring size, metal type and sometimes a few other custom options; the feed file only shows up in facebook products with ring size and no other options available.

von Qualiteam an 16.9.2019

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, it's nice to hear you like our software!

Regarding the Facebook feed, it can be tricky to set up, can you possibly contact our support team at support@x-cart.com ? They will do their best to find a solution, seems like they can fix it.

Have a great week!

Good value for the money.

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Pedro V.
Senior Software Programmer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall its a great product for the money.
Free version if great.
The business version is perfect for the money.
Multivendor license is overpriced.
The ultimate is crazy-expensive for what it offers.

Vorteile: Lots of bundles included that makes life easier. Themes are slick as the "Crispy" one. It's nice and easy to customize.
It has lots of out of the box functionality and tons of extra free (complete) addons that suites from payment to fulfillment.
A free version is definitely a great option for startups with low budget.

Nachteile: Some extra addons should be included in the business license.
Look & Feel -> Custom CSS & JS (Implemented by addition of "Thema tweaker") addon does NOT work if you are linking external sources despite the fact they say it does. That is why we created our own module to do that ( Custom Header Assets ).
The cache implementation they have causes lots of issues in linux servers. I would suggest to setup an option in the backend where the cache could be disabled if the site owner do not want to use the cache.

von Qualiteam an 13.9.2019

Hi Pedro,

Thanks a lot for your thorough review!

First of all, it's nice to hear you find X-Cart easy to customize! We have a whole team making sure it stays so. :)

Also, I have forwarded the description of the issues with Custom CSS & JS and with the cache implementation to the technical team for investigation. They will contact you soon for the details.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact customer support by phone, in chat or by email (support@x-cart.com).

Have a great day! :)

X-cart is a Great Solution For Some

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Chief Technology Officer and Marketing Director
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Xcart is as good as you are willing to invest into it. But there are many easier solutions out there. That isn't yo say that X-cart is not a fully featured shopping cart website solution. It is.

Vorteile: X-Cart by qualiteam offers a stand alone shopping cart that can make your business successful online. It is fast for things like checkout, administration, and order fulfillment. What you are given is an unlimited license with the purchase , there are no monthly fees unless you want support. The X-cart itself is feature rich and offers all the little features that a starting company needs. If you don't find what you need with the standalone cart X-cart had an add-on market where you can purchase various applications to make the store better like cart abandonment, integrations for email, shopping feeds, different design templates which are fairly decent. Setting up the store is easy just follow their installation guide.

Nachteile: Xcart did require a lot of customization to make it work for our business looking to streamline daily tasks for shipping and order fulfillment, and changes on the client side with many extensive design changes. X-cart is a good solution for those who like to do their own development. Setup the store, and do some coding for front and back end. At least that is how it was before. The default Xcart template is fairly basic so if you would want to modify it you will need some html, javascript and php knowledge. And it could get fairly expensive if you pay other to do it because there aren't that many xcart developers left. Like I said they offer paid technical support and customization, hosting and other services like design. Would be great if you didn't need any of these and could do without because it costs money. The support is good if you are patient and explain what you need.

Best Cart Software. Period.

Bewertet am 11.10.2019
Rob Z.
Web Master
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience with X-Cart has been great from day one. They never fail to deliver and if you have an issue they are prompt in helping you.

Vorteile: The ease of use and set up are the best qualities of X-Cart aside from they're impeccable customer service. I've been using X-Cart for almost 20 years on multiple projects and every client has liked the straight forward way they back end is laid out and how easy it is to manage they're inventory, add new items and receive and track orders after I'm out of the picture.

Nachteile: Upgrading can sometimes cause issues, which is unfortunate because they're upgrades are typically packed with new features and useful renovations. X-Cart offers to upgrade for you but it can be expensive. Through the years I have found that they will often times help you through the process for free though, which is awesome. I've never not been able to upgrade myself although I have on occasion had to ask them for help.

von Qualiteam an 14.10.2019

Hi Rob,

It's great to hear you enjoy working with X-Cart! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and thanks for staying with us for such a long time.

Should you have any questions or even doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us, we're always there for you!

Xcart amazing

Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Richard C.
owner/webmaster
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Running my ecommerce shop has never been easier. Installation on my server was a snap. Customizations are so simple with the features embedded into the software. Plugins are plentiful in the market.

Vorteile: Easy to setup, customize, and has tons of plugins in the market

Nachteile: Cost of custom templates and themes are a slight bit expensive.

Hi Richard,

Thanks a lot for giving us feedback, these are very kind words you wrote and we appreciate your attitude.

Have a great day!

You can take the man out of XCART, but you can't take XCART out of the man~!

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
William G.
managing director
Automotive, Selbstständig

Kommentare: SEO I think is the key for me with XCART. other developers have tried to convince me that I need to switch to a more 'user friendly' software, but I have absolutely no reason to start messing around with that. I get great tech support from XCART and love working with their reps.

Vorteile: easy to use, great built in SEO functionality, super awesome support~!

Nachteile: it takes a bit of money to upgrade to newer more advanced versions, but it keeps you honest and moving forward~!

von Qualiteam an 5.11.2019

Hi William,

Thanks a million for giving us a review!

Should you have any questions, concerns or just would like to chat with our team, you know where to find us. ;)

Chat, phone, email, HelpDesk - just in case. :)

Great staff

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Jovan S.
Web Designer
Computer-Hardware, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is reliable, fast, secure. My clients easy to find what they need.

Vorteile: There is a lot of functions and features that I like in X-cart

Nachteile: Everything, I like userfriendly, easy and fast editing..translations.

von Qualiteam an 10.10.2019

Hi Jovan,

Thanks for giving us a positive feedback!

As always, feel free to contact us anywhere and anytime! :)

setting your ecommerce store without having any coding experience

Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Sushil S.
founder
Computer-Hardware, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: it seems to have all the features even if it is B2B or B2C ecommerce store

Vorteile: I just started using x-cart one month back and i am amazed it is so easy to setup, I am moving my website from Magento 2 although there are few features which are missing in Localization.
overall it is wonderful the type of features they have

Nachteile: Localization there are few things which seems missing or I am not aware of other features

Hi Sushil,

Thank you for letting us know your opinion, we value it greatly!

I'm pleased to see you chose X-Cart over another platform.

But what exactly do you lack in localization? Could you please send your request to support@x-cart.com ? I'm pretty sure we can figure this out together.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Nastya

X-Cart is a fast, feature rich, dependable shopping cart!

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Chief Technology Officer and Marketing Director

Vorteile: Qualiteam X-Cart is a fast, feature rich, dependable shopping cart that our company has been using since 2010. I highly recommend for any company looking to get into E-commerce. Some development knowledge maybe required for more difficult tasks, but X-cart offers technical support plans that will suit your business needs. The come out with updated versions over the shopping cart, and provide security patches in a timely fashion.

Nachteile: I wish X-Cart had more modern templates out of the box but it looks like they offer that as a custom solution if needed.

Very Stable Shopping Cart

Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Brien W.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a Cheaper shopping cart solutions that does everything we need.

Vorteile: You can try before you buy. Software is very stable have it has never crashed after updating it.

Nachteile: The addons i am looking for are not available right now.

von Qualiteam an 7.10.2019

Hi Brien,

Thanks a lot for your comments!

We have a whole team polishing the upgrade system, I'll make sure to let them know you are pleased with the stability. They'll be happy to hear that!

What about the usability, though? How easy was it for you to upgrade?

Regarding the addons, what feature(s) are you looking for? Please let us know at support@x-cart.com , I'm sure we can figure this out.

Very flexible

Bewertet am 16.9.2019
Doug L.
it
Sportartikel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: v4 software is very flexible and they maintain it well for existing customers. v5 is good and easy to setup.

Nachteile: v4 needs more skins available. Upgrade process is tedious but they fix bugs fast.

von Qualiteam an 17.9.2019

Hi Doug,

Thanks a lot for the feedback, we try to always keep up! :)

Thanks for staying with us for 6+ years!

Long term user of Xcart

Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Jacob V.
Groߟhandel, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Its very flexible , easy to use and to work with, products are added in a flash

Nachteile: There is nothing I can think of that is negative

von Qualiteam an 10.10.2019

Hi Jacob!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and it's a special pleasure to receive it from you!

Thanks for being with us for such a long time!

Desirable

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Robert K.
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Have used support a few times and they seem pretty good with communication and support. I have no issues with the software

Vorteile: It's easy to use and customizable. Looks good, feels nice to use and looks great on the mobile

Nachteile: At first i thought it was resource intensive but I was wrong.
No cons

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your kind words, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! I especially liked the 'no cons' part of it. :)

It's awesome that you like X-Cart and hope you never regret the decision to choose X-Cart.

With any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact our customer care team in any convenient way.

Used Prestashop, Opencart, Oscommerce. Chose X-cart 5

Bewertet am 6.4.2017
Benjamin F.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used Prestashop, Opencart, Oscommerce in past. Now working with X-cart 5 running in cloud.
The best thing from my point of view is the ability to highly customize the cart to my needs and in case if something goes wrong, their support can help really quick. Great service. I will stay with X-cart for sure :)

Vorteile: 24/7 support that rocks
ability to highly customize
reasonable pricing

Nachteile: You have to pay for support
A bit complex when you start working on the code changes

A decent platform for the price

Bewertet am 28.3.2018
Account Representative

Vorteile: We loved having a lot of data at disposal. Being able to track sales trends and orders was a breeze. Cost seemed great for all the functionality.

Nachteile: Had some integration issues once we switched over to a different production software which caused some down time on our site.

Very cost-effective

Bewertet am 6.2.2017
Geoffrey Y.
CIO
Informationsdienst, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm using X-Cart 5 + their Enterprise hosting for our site. It turned out to be times cheaper and faster than Magento. I do recommend it.

Vorteile: - Lightning fast software and hosting
- Still open source
- 24/7 customer care
- Times cheaper than Magento

Nachteile: -

X Cart is a best opensource shopping cart.

Bewertet am 29.11.2018
chief software developer

Kommentare: I have been using X Cart for the last one year. This is a best shopping cart that I have ever used. Thank you all behind this product.

Vorteile: X Cart is best open source shopping cart in php. It is well structured and order management is well advanced.Its payment is easy and well secured. Even if you need some coding background to set up your shopping cart, its installation and maintenance is very easy. Also design changes is very easy for those who are with a little coding skill.

Nachteile: Even if installation and maintenance is easy, for a non-technical person x cart will be quite difficult. That is to install and set up you need a little knowledge in html.

Gave me more control over every aspect of my business

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Sean J.
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love the fact that if I need help the x-cart team will be there.

Vorteile: I like that I have a better insight into search terms and access to inventory.

Nachteile: I wish the inventory feed would include inventory data.

von Qualiteam an 13.9.2019

Hi Sean,

Thanks a lot for your honest review, we do appreciate it!

Regarding the inventory data - which of it does the feed lack? Could you please describe that to our customer service in chat or by email (support@x-cart.com)? They'll be sure to help you out.

Inferior product at top shelf pricing. Claims of 24/7 support at higher level pricing are bogus.

Bewertet am 20.2.2018
Joe D.

Vorteile: Mostly does its job I suppose. Has a lot of functionality if you want to pay extra for each option.

Nachteile: Charge too much for lack of support and features. All options (modules). Are more $. Additional charges every year to keep a version up to date. MUCH better options available that will be less expensive in the long run.

Clunky, Generic, Not Intuitive

Bewertet am 3.2.2017
Jane G.

Kommentare: I've used X-Cart for years, then it just got to be too annoying to explain to customers who were going to manage their own site. It's very hard to use, takes a long time to find how to do simple tasks, even for a developer. As a developer, it's not very flexible when it comes to coding, and does tend to take up a too much valuable time to configure and set up. For years they would just keep building on top of what they already had, new code sprinkled over the old code, making it so you have tons of files to customize and way too bloated. And forget about upgrading, it's a major pain having to download the files, upload them (and in a specific order, if you miss a few upgrades) and there are always issues with the site after upgrades are performed. Customer service is not free -- you can't simply email them with a question, you have to pay for it, and they always try to sell you coding on top of that, rather than just tell you what you need to do (even though you're already paying for their attention) and they take too long to respond. I think they are located in Russia, but even then, they take so long to get back to you with anything useful, and it ends up being a lot of back and forth just trying to explain what you're asking... The whole experience ends up being too costly, and the software is too monotonous and stressful to use.

Vorteile: It worked.

Nachteile: Hard to use, upgrade, manage, and impossible to get reliable support.

You need X-Cart like you need a hole in your head!

Bewertet am 17.12.2015
Robert R.

Kommentare: We had been running X-Cart for 3 years. Had to close our store because we had nothing but problems with X-Cart. Lots of integrity issues, Google said the Mobile Module has lots of issues such as the buttons being to closes to each other and gave it a very low ranking. X-Cart Tech Department told us to stop using the Refine Filters and Infinite Scroll Modules as they have issues. I highly suggest you don't invest a dime in X-Cart software. We had full Tech Support and they could not fix the issues. Some issues they said were not covered by Tech Support and wanted us to pay a ton of money to fix them. X-Cart Techs will blame 3/4 of the issues on your server host and try to get you to switch to their hosting. In most cases you will turn in a Tech Support request and get an e-mail within the following couple days saying they need more info to work on the issue. It does not matter how detail you make your request. We had some support request handed to personal that were heading out of the office on vacation. Over all experience with X-Cart was a nightmare each day.

Bewertet am 21.6.2016
Andrew P.
Lagerung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Used them for a client's shopping cart. Lots of features and flexibility but not easy to understand.

Bewertet am 26.7.2018
Digital Marketing Manager
201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Really liked that you could create custom pages easily. Just about any feature you could ask for is available BUT there were lots of upcharges for custom work or modules.

Nachteile: As mentioned in the pros, anything you could want in a shopping cart is available but there were upcharges for lots of features. The template system was hard to customize and ran into many roadblocks that the support team agreed couldn't be done without custom work on their part.