Über Essential Studio

Syncfusion Essential Studio bietet mehr als 1.600 Softwarekomponenten und Frameworks für die Entwicklung von Web-, Mobil- und Desktop-Anwendungen.

Erfahre mehr über Essential Studio

I'm sugin the PivotTable with backend on server. The component have a lot of bugs and a bad service desk support.

Bewertungen zu Essential Studio

Essential Studio hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 514 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Essential Studio bereits verwendet?

Ralf
Ralf
Boss in Deutschland

Essential Studio Rating 1.0

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Integration of Platform Android, Windows an IOS. The scedular Controller was really the Trigger for me to start. Without it i could Not realise my Project.

The HTML Editor IS Missing. Webuilt IT with Razor.

Stefano
IT Manager in Italien

Excellent value for money having purchased a Global License

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I have mainly used Windows Forms tool for desktop app development and ASP.NET MVC, Core and Blazor for Web App. I find that they are very well documented and supported.

Everything is fine, it is a powerful and complete tool

There are no major cons that deserves to be reported. The only thing I personally would like which at the moment is missing is the Spreadsheet control as native Blazor control.

Timothy
CEO in USA

Syncfusion for the StartUp

Kommentare: In addition to supporting Xamarin Forms, we are following a strict MVVM methodology and leveraging C# as much as possible across as many platforms as possible. Currently, this includes the most popular standard platforms that Xamarin Forms supports: iOS, Android, UWP. We will also be supporting Blazor (C# in browser web assembly) and one of the Syncfusion features we hope to leverage is their Blazor support. We are waiting for .NET 5 GA to leap into that part of the project, but are hopeful our good experience with Syncfusion componentson Xamarin Forms supported platforms will be matched in the Browser based client using Syncfusion Blazor components.

Our project is to build a commercial-grade, security-compliant, serverless mobile app platform using only tools that are budget-friendly for startups. Our tool-chain selection includes AWS services (API Gateway, Cognito, Lambda, DynamoDB, ...), Microsoft .NET Core/Standard, Visual Studio and Xamarin. All these tools are essentially free until your app starts scaling. Syncfusion's community edition was chosen because it provides commercial-grade features and doesn't burden the entrepreneur with out-of-pocket expenses until their app is generating revenue. Finally, our experience with Syncfusion's support has been first rate.

Syncfusion targets many different UI presentation layers. In our case, we use Xamarin Forms which is relatively new for Syncfusion. The controls are generally solid but do require more "code-behind" work than is generally recommended in the Xamarin community. There are shops that totally refuse to allow "any" code-behind and if you are one of those you may have some issues using all of the Syncfusion controls. In our case, the limited code-behind required is not considered a barrier. In addition, the Syncfusion documentation is obviously not written by a native English speaker and as such can be amusing at times and occasionally annoying .

Krunoslav
Developer in Kroatien

Excellent product

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I mostly use Blazor, Xamarin a MAUI components. Lot of components, simple to use, lot of examples, excellent documentation and excellent support. It's fascinating that even though I'm using a community license, the support is like having a paid license. Every client is important to them.

As for the components from Essential Studio, I have no complaints.

Craig
CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The Best Company in the industry!

I believe Syncfusion was the first company to offer a version that could be used until the company made $1 million. Most companies never reached that mark. Syncfusion provides new companies with the same support received by large corporations. Syncfusion has not yet received a dime, and I will happily pay whatever the cost is when the product starts generating income. Also, I have seen third-party tool kits come and go. Syncfusion is here for the “long haul”. For me, the thing that sets Syncfusion apart from any other company is the support. I can honestly say that I have received the best I have ever experienced. My earliest experiences with support were because of my lack of C# knowledge. At the beginning of the project, I had experience with every major language except C#. But having the Windows, backend, and mobile apps written in different languages added a complexity that made it unbearable to work with. C# (and .net) was available through all the required. Some of my initial support requests were because I misunderstood the C# language concerning the tools. However, I was using some tools in a way they weren’t meant to be used. I also did this with AWS and AWS support (which I paid for) argued that no one would do what I was doing and they won’t support it. I had to show them their documentation which proved what I was doing should work. They did fix it. Syncfusion support just requested a code sample and saw that although I was doing it something unconventional, it should work. And they fixed the code ! They fix the code for me in two or three different places. They even provided me custom patched code before an actual tested release.

I have not experienced any cons. All support expectations were met. Development continues etc.

Morten
Chief Architect in Norwegen

Awesome customer support!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

I have never used any Syncfusion products before, and also using .Net 8 is quite new to me. So of course I got stuck. But the support staff at Syncfusion is amazing. Not only did I get help with the particular component, but they provided an explanation with code fix directly in my own code to demonstrate that it worked.

It's a different GUI to get used to, and it has a bit different user story than what I am used to working with (Visual Studio and Rider)

Raffaella
Softwaredeveloper in Deutschland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Feedback to syncfusion

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: positiv i would say, i feel always comfortable using it.

- The design - and you have a great documentation librery on your side - and finally your customer support is very fast and very friendly and competent

Of course integration into our own environment, Versioning and installation, same for Code integrating and finding out if it´s a general xaml bug or syncfusion one.

Sohaib
Software Developer in Kanada
Öl & Energie, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Essential Studio and Blazor

4,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

We mainly use Blazor components and with the rich line up available, it becomes easy to create beautiful interfaces that function perfectly. The components also integrate with each other, allowing better manipulation of the data structures.

Nothing really. As with all software, updating versions is always a process.

Jun Woo
Developer in Guatemala
Textilien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Essential Studio Review

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The components that aid in creating an app more easily.

Sometimes its hard to find speficic things in documentation like some class names of some parts of some components to style.

Søren
Developer in Dänemark
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Advanced functionality and second to none customer service/support

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Very rich functionality. Easy to implement.

Can be tricky to use - databinding logic not always straghtforward

Martin
Web Development Manager /Senior Computer System Analyst in Kanada
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great tools with great feature and make us save time.

Kommentare: Me and My team we appreciate this tool because it really help to bring our new software to another level. With all the documentations and the demos this help me and my team to go quickly thru the learning curves.

They provide a lot of demo and they have a great support.

Sometime some feature are taking long before being deploy with there version.

Superb Support! Practical stuff microsoft left out Good C# Library

Kommentare: Good Sf DataGrid, great column types that do most of the validation I need without a lot of coding
And really,really,really good support. They just answer my questions in a day with a code snippet that they have written.
The XLSIO lib's which read/write pdf, microsoft office files are also excellent. Minor issue with them is that they hold on to File's a bit too long as mentioned in the con's easy workaround give XLSIO calls C# FileStreams whenever possible...the XLSIO save and saveas functions work fine...

Good Grid Great PDF read/write , Excel read/write much better, faster and more reliable than microsoft stuff Support is just outstanding; Send in a request and they both answer the questions and frequently write the code snippet for you...wow! Excellent Code Samples, Be sure and use the Code demo/sample browser for Windows..good stuff

If it takes more then 10 or 15 minutes to understand where to find a particular feature or functionality just send the question to Support. Documentation is mediocre and not nearly as good as Microsoft. Some things that should be exposed in properties and instead implemented via event handlers. Still much less work using Syncfusion tools then coding in Microsoft GUI widgets Grid by default does not look like MIcrosoft Access for insert/delete records but that may just be my particular needs 4 grid products of which 2 are kept to update and recommended. I used SfDataGrid Sometimes you have to reach out to support or documenation to get syntax for a "foreach" loop as opposed to Microsoft Tools where it's easy to do it. For my usages and applications, SfDataGrid is not feasible to use Visual Code Generator on unbound columns Syncfusion XLSIO tools to read/write Microsoft Office files and PDF's likes to hold onto File Locks a little too long... So easy fix is to always pass in C# FileStream type or MemoryStream done via Using (FileStream) I recommend using Tools->Nuget Package Manager->Package Manger Console because searching for Syncfusion packages to install via browse function in Visual Studio 2019 returns too many matches and takes too long to do. That's both a pro and con; Pro that they use Nuget to install part's of the library of tools...and Con which is not really their fault that browse search for nuget is not very good at searching (Microsoft design issue?)

Craig
Founder/CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

One of the first companies to give entrepreneurial Software Developers a break.

Kommentare: A great thing about the Syncfusion components is that they work in Xamarin. I can create mobile apps without changes. Xamarin did not generate a Windows app that I liked, so I build an app using Winforms that looks like the mobile apps. Syncfusion for Winforms allowed me to do this and share code with the mobile apps.

Six years ago, I started developing a large scale enterprise product. It required a lot of full stack development. It runs on Windows, Android and IOS. The infrastructures is all Docker containers. I am not a UI guy and didn’t have the time to build the UI components needed. Syncfusion components work well. Their generous licensing policies made using the tools possible. Most impressive, is that I have received the same quality support as one of their paying customers. My system has architecture that I developed to solve a problem specific to my target industry. I did hit a bug that had not been seen before. Syncfusion’s support staff verified that the bug was in their code and issued a patch without argument. I can’t tell you how many times a company has told me “the software is not supposed to do that, so it’s not a bug”.

There are components that I found difficult to understand even after reading the doc. But it was more the task at hand then a problem with a component. For example: To use the Word functions to manipulate a Word file, you must understand how Word structures its documents. But a note to support always results in a sample. So, really there is nothing negative to say.

Versorgungsunternehmen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Html->Pdf Converter works well mostly, but could be easier to use for the cost

Kommentare: Support could have been better - we encountered a critical bug (which was fixed quickly by the developers, no issue there) and we got from support a windows nuget package without native binaries (because the support portal can't upload > 50mb files apparently) in them, which we decided to repackage to linux (which is the platform we reported the bug on) and add the native binaries binaries - the version was also identical to a live version on nuget.org so we had to change that in the repackage to avoid conflicts too. The suggestion was to "Manually reference the dlls" which is a bit mad considering the effort already sunk into locating the native binaries originating from the nuget package, and the lack of transistive resolution etc...

It works, renders html correctly enough.

Non-platform independence for devops - requires package installation on deployment targets. Also requires manual setting of path to syncfusion binaries (that are in the nuget package!) at runtime. Extra package e.g. Syncfusion.HtmlToPdf.Blink.Static.Linux could be created with a static compile to eliminate system dependencies and manage CVEs etc. The code (which we have had to write ourselves) to locate the native binaries originating from the nuget package should be inside the syncfusion lib - there should be no argument to their path. Also, while it might bloat the package, nuget supports separate native binaries per runtime [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] which would enable to create a single platform-independant nuget package - this would really lower the difficulty - especially in places like dotnet-script where you have no csproj to change the PackageReferences depending on the runtime!

Senior Software Engineer in USA
Industrieautomation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

SyncFusion Blazor Components Review

Kommentare: I really like the product suite. I find that I can do almost everything I need to do using their out-of-box experience.

I like having the large number of components in the bundle as it reduces the number of third party components I need to complete my projects. I also like how rapidly SyncFusion rolls out updates to their products and the quality and speed of response of their technical support.

I am not sure if this is SyncFusion Blazor specific or something inherent with Blazor itself, but the lack of Support for GUID in their dropdown list and other things like their event callbacks require that I change my GUIDs to string types in my models and then have to map them back to GUIDs for CRUD to the backend. Also, I really wish they had a good Step / Wizard component. I currently have to use Radzen's Step component for my WIzards and there are often CSS conflicts between Radzen and SyncFusion. If they do not add one, I will most likely have to create my own custom Step (Wizard) component before the project is finished.

Olafur
CEO in Island
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Feature-rich easy to implement product with amazing customer support

Kommentare: This products solves almost all our needs along with the standard ui and productivity components on the platforms that we deliver solutions on. We are almost entirely an angular/typescript, asp.net core and Xamarin shop. This makes our life much simpler and the less complex and we are able to deliver multi-platform solutions quickly to the customer and make our own customer service more responsive.

Sometimes the documentation and examples leave something to be desired but the very quick and responsive customer support more than compensates for that.

Sabrina
Senior software architect in Italien

Great components outstanding support

Kommentare: I'm using both the WPF components and the Web components, both on ASP.Net MVC and .Net Core, The use of these components reduces dramatically the development time and they have a great support for tasks as exporting to excel, word, html, and importing from external source, they have great PDF management and Visualization components and Great components to manage Word and Excel documents.

The good documentation, many samples, easy to apply on our software, but most of all the outstanding support from the company that supplies a sample to solve a problem or any How To question. Is very attentive when a possible bug is pointed out and if it is a bug a fix is provided in a scheduled time.

the only thing I don't like much is that upgrading the desktop projects when I upgrade the libraries is a time consuming task. But I don't think there is a way to avoid this.

Donovan
Snr. Software Engineer in Südafrika
Programmentwicklung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Syncfusion Review

Kommentare: Overall, I very much enjoy the software. While there is functionality found in other software of this type but not present in Syncfusion is a bit unfortunate, I however much prefer the implementation of the Controls from Syncfusion, and implementing said missing functionality to controls is easy and very much doable. I find Syncfusion to be quite polished.

I very much liked the built in functionality with a majority of the Controls it includes. In areas where functionality was not available, but needed for development, it was easy to incorporate custom functionality into the controls through control events, and via JS if needed.

I feel some additional Demos or documentation is needed for some controls and their functions/features. I found myself in a few spots where I needed to do something, and based on reading the documentation I'm lead to believe it can be done, but no indication as to how. This results me in heading to user submitted questions looking for answers, and those tend to be very relevant to the Users needs. Of course this all isn't helpful with examples, but ultimately it could be called pet peeves as its functionality that not overly important but nice to haves.

Alex
Software Development Manager in Uruguay
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great developer suite with unique components

Kommentare: We are very happy with Essential Studio, it has always evolved fast with every new technology, developing a lot of components with a good quality and excelent customer support.

Essential Studio has a huge library of components, many of them unique or not very common in the market. The customer support is great and always helping solve our issues.

The documentation has to improve because would allow the developers to find issues faster without asking to customer support. I thing that just making every customer support ticket public unless expressly asked by the customer would add a lot of Q & A besides improving the documentation.

Hans Rudolf
Owner in Schweiz

Great Product

the uniformity of all libraries, competence and reality relevance of the libraries, code examples and templates....

announcements of new modules (and in 1 or 2 cases taking back of new releases) could be better announced and longer in advance.....

Ricardo
Web Developer in USA
Buchhaltung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Review

Kommentare: Support aside, very good.

Lots of components availableGood documentation (albeit in some specific cases, lacking important information only available by contacting support)

My main issue is with customer support.They promise updates to queries in 24 hours, but very often they take 2 or even more days without any type of update. Just saying they are lookin into it would be enough, but not update of any type is very annoying.Chat support is almost useless. Almost every time I use it it would have been better to create a ticket from the start, as they seen to only have very basic knowledge on the products.

Andreas
CEO in Deutschland

Mega Value for your money

Kommentare: I have been searching for a framework that keeps us from inventing the wheel (or controls) over and over again. There are many frameworks available, but Syncfusions Essential Studio stands in front due to the amount of controls and supported frameworks.
Selecting a control, reading the docs how to use it and using the controls is still work you have to do, but once you know the framework it really speeds up your development process a lot.

The amount of controls and the number of frameworks supported is crazy good. It's a challenge to get an overview, but the superb demo pages which show almost every aspect of the control usage options are a great starting point. The BEST thing however comes if you have a problem that you cannot solve alone of with the docs. The support staff does an excellent job, reviews what you try to do and delivers a sandbox that does what you try to do in your framework. I never have seen such a dedication to the customer!

I really have trouble thinking about what I least like about this software. Money for value is excellent, an amazing amount of controls and frameworks, an awesome support staff. I really cannot think of anything not to like about Essential studio.

Kelly
Senior Developer in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product, support could use some improvement

Kommentare: I've used products from Telerik and DevExpress. Syncfusion Essential Studio compares very favorably with offerings from those companies.

The components themselves are top-shelf. Extremely full-featured and great looking. Some minor quirks, but no more than Telerik or others. I use it in development daily, and I'm very happy with it.

Sometimes I wonder if the folks providing support use English as their first language. Answers in forums and even direct inquiries often seem like they missed the point of the question. Answers can take a few days, but since I use the Community (free) edition, that's really to be expected. I'm happy to be getting support at all. Support personnel are always friendly and professional. They are knowledgeable about the product, just sometimes not understanding the inquiry itself.

Grant
Proprietor in Kanada

Syncfusion in WPF C# applications

Kommentare: There is learning curve of course, but there are lots of examples included.
I learned a lot more working thru the examples than from reading the documentation, which is typical I guess.
It did most of what I hoped and am satisfied.

Graphical display of data in animated pie charts etc., and easier customization of data grid control columns.

It is impossible to make this library complete... in that every control anyone could ever want could never be included. But I needed control which was not included in the library quite quickly. A data grid/tree control is include, which works well, but a combo box/tree control was also needed. An example of one of these is in https://www.brad-smith.info/blog/archives/193 I ended up writing my own using examples from the web. I also had problems with the color picker... a change in the selected color wasn't easily communicated to the other program levels, and the whole control was complicated and heavy weight.

Emmanuel
Developer in Mexiko

Great set of components

Kommentare: I have been very satisfied with Essential Studio. It took a little time to learn (coming from having used DevExpress), but after a while, it was easy to use and understand. The documentation (demos and docs) are very good and comprehensive. The support (ticketing service) is excellent!!

The suite contains enough components for all platforms that are relevant to us, namely: ASP.NET Core, Blazor, Xamarin Forms, UWP, WPF. The components are beautiful. I love the Xamarin Forms support and components.

Integrating all web components (ASP.NET Core, Blazor) don't always follow usage patterns relative to the platform. Most of the time, may components rely on javascript or HTML content, which is not natural patter for the platform. For example, with Blazor, a lot of things are done with HTML, instead of integrating it directly into the Razor Component.