Excellent Affordable CAD Software

Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Gregory W.
DBA
Staatsverwaltung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used TurboCAD to design architectural plans and even design a custom electric guitar body, as well as a few graphic design elements I've used for decoration.

Vorteile: This software is relatively intuitive--even for someone who has never used any type of CAD software before. However, because of the many different features of this software, it can take quite a while to master all of the things you might want to do with this application. Also, this is a very powerful software application and the 3D tools available put it on near par with much more expensive professional-grade CAD systems.

Nachteile: There are several add-ins for this software (such as those that can create virtual walk-throughs of your designs), which I found a bit finicky. Also, some of the available help is not quite detailed enough to learn new features as easily as I would like. Also, some of the 3D tools don't quite work as I would want them to work, and sometimes saving a project prevents you from modifying some of the objects you've made. However, if you save copiese frequently, and get familiar with the order of events you need to use, you can master this software.

Full featured affordable 2D/3D CAD software

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
James r L.
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Been using this software in various versions for 10+ years for architectural drawings. First CAD software I ever used when transferred from a drawing board and pens. Very happy with TurboCAD and have never considered changing to anything else.

Vorteile: Extremely affordable 2D/3D CAD software when compared to alternatives. One time payment for licence. Full featured software to suit pros but also easy learning curve for beginners. Supports a wide range of import/export file formats so very flexible. Well supported by knowledge-base and video tutorials as well as active user forums.

Nachteile: User interface appearance is probably a bit dated but apart from that not a lot.

Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Kendra Q.
Web Designer
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I think the way to treat customers and how to help them is great, the services offered by TurboCad Professional are so wide and varied that they cover everything, any customer will be satisfied when working with TurboCAD Professional and I do not doubt it, the services offered are very good and focus on helping the client in all possible ways, it is worth choosing TurboCAD Professional and I do not regret having done it, nothing like working with a company that cares about the concerns and well-being of the client as TurboCAD Professional does ...

Nachteile: Honestly leaves you very pleased and I leave without any complaint or criticism. I only have good comments about it since I'm leaving with a great image of this company, I will really go back to work with it, 100% worth it. Do not doubt this and above all do not think about it, it is one of the best in its scope. I leave with a smile on my face, since the services of TurboCAD Professional left me satisfied and even beyond that, it seems to me that it is a company that knows what its customers want and it proves it !! VERY RECOMMENDED!

TurboCAD is broken

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
John K.
Maschinerie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I bought the latest version of TurbCAD in 2012 as an alternative to the very pricey AutoCAD and Solid Works programs. It took me a few years to learn the program proficiently and I upgraded every year through 2015 until they began a subscription based program which turned me off upgrading until I bought a new work station and I found TC2015 wouldn't run correctly on it. Then after upgrading to the latest version in hopes of fixing the problem I find that the software no longer works. I am very pissed. I make my living designing tooling and I am in the middle of many projects now and it is taking me exponentially longer because the software is literally broken. No body has a solution and there is no support at IMSI.

Vorteile: Before I bought a specially design for CAD computer (MSI 32 gig ram SSD) I ran TurboCAD 2015 on a Toshiba Quad laptop and it ran fine other than being very slow. Once installed on a 2019 version MSI designed specifically for CAD I lost all the most important functions I relied upon like Conceptual Selector, editing nodes, fence mode plus it stopped rendering. I upgraded to TC2019 and I am still missing all those tools plus a lot more. They broke the software and they don't have a clue or the inclination to fix it.

Nachteile: Very, very, extremely slow especially to render. Earlier versions such as Pro 20 did not have these problems

Great CAD at low price

Bewertet am 13.9.2018
Massimo G.
mr
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Turbocad since the V4 version, now have the 2018 PRO, it's a GREAT software, grat file compatibility, no troubles ... never.
Good, good job.

Bewertet am 19.2.2019
Anton C.
Intern
Animation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Having started using the program while at school, i had thought it was just a part of my past, but I have recently used it once again and found enjoyment for the program once more during a recent project that needed much more detailed and accurate work than what my usual animation program offers.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use and with a bit of knowledge and is much more accessible than most other CAD programs. Accurate and precise measurements and plenty of tools to help you do exactly what you need to do.

Nachteile: Takes a little getting used to, shortcuts mostly need muscle memory to really keep pace on projects.

User for 10 year

Bewertet am 16.7.2016
Hans N.
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great program for design 3D and 2D models, top program for value! We use also Solidworks and this program is more easy to use when we build prototypes.

Vorteile: All is possible to do

Nachteile: Difficult to use before you learn how to do this

The services offered by TurboCAD software is really beneficial in one way or the other.

Bewertet am 8.8.2018
Ashley R.
Software Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: TurboCAD software is being used by wide range of people for designing 2D and 3D models. Another worth mentioning feature of this software is its ability to publish in PDF format. This is full CAD software product.

Nachteile: When we start using TurboCAD professional software, its layout seems to be difficult before learning. Sometimes the programs get clear due to so many different icons creating difficulty in learning. Sometimes booting issues also occurs and the system gets slow with less processing speed.

We have been using TurboCAD at our company since 2016.

Bewertet am 1.3.2018
Daniel C.
Service Manager
Maschinerie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mainly, the ability to create quick drawings of small engineered projects for customers and vendors.

Vorteile: A lot of things we like about this program - The tutorials are very helpful. The green design eco friendly details are helpful in our state. The ability to publish in PDF format has also proven valuable.

Nachteile: The only suggestion we have is that the program come with more in depth paper print directions. (some employees prefer hard copy to doing the tutorials.)

Turbocad at prototype designing

Bewertet am 1.10.2016
Ralf K.

Kommentare: We use Turbocad for over a decade in combination with TurbocadCAM and Turbocad Animationlab. To make presentations of productconcepts, Mechanically develop prototypes and feed our CNC machines to produce prototypes. Turbocad provides perfectly in our needs. We also worked with Solidworks and Autocad for a trial period but this did not work out for us as these programms were too limited for us. Too meet our needs with these programms we need to buy very expensive plugins that Turbocad either already has integrated, or delivers at a very reasonable price. We are now certain to stay with Turbocad for the near future as its versatile capabillities fills our needs perfectly.

Turbo Cad 2D/3D

Bewertet am 25.2.2019
Nicholas C.
Ceo
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I really enjoy the program. It’s a great platform to use with 3D printers as well.

Vorteile: This a a great software platform that provides you with all the tools you need to get to designing you next cool idea.

Nachteile: It took a lot of time to learn how to use and I wish they had some beginners tutorials.

TurboCAD is good for the hobbyist too.

Bewertet am 2.12.2016
Gary N.

Kommentare: I'm a hobby woodworker. I need to design my projects before I begin to build them. TurboCAD has been a great asset for me. I used the tutorials to get me started. In a fairly short time I was able to do the basics and begin my own drawings.

Vorteile: Ease of use. It is full CAD software and the price is extremely competitive

Nachteile: I'm a novice and so some of the instructions that might be intuitive to a seasoned designer took me some time to figure out

Easier then most of the apps. Are..

Bewertet am 24.1.2018
David H.
Student

Kommentare: I don't know still using the program and trying to learn it's full capabilities. It's a bit overwhelming with all the icons and controls

Nachteile: slow booting issues with loading and processing speeds, Also so many different icons seem to clutter the program making it difficult to learn it

Good for Residential Design

Bewertet am 30.4.2018
Farral G.
Architect

Vorteile: TurboCAD is very affortable. It has some great features that would work with designing homes and perhaps small commercial projects.

Nachteile: I wouldn't want to attempt a complex architecture project with TurboCAD. I am sure it has been done, and I am not an expert, but I wouldn't advise it.

Self Taught Beginner

Bewertet am 19.2.2019
Jordan jade H.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I work for a Talent search competition and we were having trouble with the people who had to set up, a friend suggested to me to use the program so i could Visually show the people what we wanted.

Vorteile: The software made what i wanted a reality, With habit of googling i managed to design and present how i wanted an an Auditorium to look for our Auditions and I am so glad it helped so much

Nachteile: Not the most intuitive system, had to google a lot to get to where i wanted to be