Über Neat

Neat ist eine Dokumentendigitalisierungslösung, die die Produktivität kleiner Unternehmen durch Automatisierung ihrer Buchhaltungsaktivitäten erhöht.

Erfahre mehr über Neat

On the surface, the software provided most of the functions needed to run a small business. The software and hardware were relatively easy to set up.

After Covid and retirement, I no longer need their services. So, I wanted to end my monthly subscription.

Bewertungen zu Neat

4,0
3,6
3,8
3,7

Neat hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 100 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Neat bereits verwendet?

Hersh
Hersh
Owner in Hongkong
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best serive EVER!

Kommentare: Running a bank account with a bank that is actually there for you and is extremely proactive.

I have never ever come across such a flawless experience. Their clean webpage, the efficiency of opening a bank account, the security entailed in it, the professionalism of their compliance, and most of all their exceptional service. You can reply to generic emails they send you, you can contact them on the webpage with any question and they will be there for you. They will get back to you with links and solutions etc. Again, their service is amazing and I am sure anyone will be extremely satisfied working with them. they have a deal with stripe where new startups don't pay stripe fees.

I haven't explored thier integrations yet. Once I do I will update.

Antwort von Neat

Thank you for submitting a review! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying Neat! Awesome to know you are utilizing our features and are enjoying the Neat experience!

Dr Marshall
Foundation President & Mayor (Emeritus) in USA

In converting to the new software from the legacy version I lost all my scans from 2012 to 2016

Kommentare: I receive organized storage & recall of important documents of my enterprises for legal, accounting, privacy, and other business issues.

I like the ability to scan & organize my documents & papers. Parsing & saving to the cloud add to its value. Welcome extras include scan to computer, scan to email, email a scan, and scan to Neat Solutions software. The search feature is a plus as well. I like the ability to zoom in & out on docs, rotate docs & print them.

1) incessant logins required & quite maddening! The software times out way too quickly and requires another log-on to get back where I left off. 2) Unlike your early version I can not double click (or use any command at all) to instantly enlarge the document to full size in order to read the microscopic size characters and numbers on the scanned item therein! 3) I must repeat the entry of repetitive titles of accounts, etc. You eliminated the auto-fill feature that was soo handy! 4) I absolutely HATE the inability to add a scanned supplemental document (scan) to a previous scan that has already been saved!!! YES. We can add more pages to a scan before the batch is saved. Big Deal! 5) It takes forever for a 3 or more page scan to process. If I have multiple scans I go on to do other work between them until "processing" is done. However since I have notes, titles, dates, and categories to type in, I hate to have my train of thought & work flow flubbed up! Any wait for processing to finish invariable results in the need to sign in again....and there's no ability to save the password associated with the log on....the way I can for all my banks & investments. Today we have many ways to quickly & safely enter passwords, so how about it? The preceding was my top 5 intense dissatisfactions relative to the software. Tsk-tsk! You didn't ask about customer support.Dr

Antwort von Neat

Thank you for taking your time to leave your review. Your feedback is very valuable to us. We at Neat understand the need for additional features, such as those that were available on previous versions of the software. Neat is working hard to provide features users found beneficial and soon will be available.

Founder in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Was great until then went to Cloud Only Option and Subscription Plans

Kommentare: I was a long time user of Neat for awhile. I bought the neat Desk Scanner for both my home and work office and used their software and eventually their cloud for several years. I liked the legacy software. It was easy to use, you could easily export entire folders, combine receipts/etc. When they switched to Cloud only things became incredibly frustrating. Yes, the legacy software could still be used if you had it - but they wouldn't update it. I found using the Cloud platform incredibly limiting. Logging and upload receipts took extra steps and a lot longer. I wasn't able to easily combine receipts anymore. No way to bulk export receipts/folders. Even thoguh they claimed that their cloud software had all the features of the legacy software it didn't...and after a couple years of using it, it still didn't. Meanwhile, the prices kept hiking up, so I looked for another solution. Eventually, I switched to FileCenter DMS (I have been very happy with it), but to get everything off of Neat, I had to sync from the legacy software then export from there as the Cloud software could only export one file/receipt at a time (this, in my mind equates to holding your info hostage when they advertise plans for 1,000's of documents and it took awhile going back and forth with support for them to finally tell me how I can export more than one file at a time using their legacy software [obviously they don't want people to know this so it keeps them with their software]).

It was a great way to add in receipts, keep track of them and generate reports for taxes.

Really only valuable for receipts and contacts. Documents you can store, but they were as PDFs only - you can't store editable documents in it.

Antwort von Neat

Thank you for submitting review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience caused after the retirement of the Legacy software. We are glad that you were able to export your files and all issues were resolved with migrating your information. We are sad to see you go and hope that you come back to experience and all of our new features that we currently have and enjoy the fantastic features that are coming in the future.

Emily
Office Manager in USA
Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Recycle your documents and keep an archive on your computer!

Kommentare: It's solved storage space problems with various documents. We keep copies of agreements, employee paperwork, checks, and etc. We used to have huge file cabinet drawers full of various paperwork, however, once we got this software and scanner, we were able to recycle all the documents and organize everything in our computer system in the office. We have cleared up so much storage space using this software alone. This also is more reliable as well, as we are able to look up anything we need and need not worry about losing anything important. It's been helpful to us if we have to look up something for our clients instead of having to sift through papers. It's made customer service a whole lot easier. The organization is simple with this software as well. You can have it stored on your computer and use whatever method of organization you like. If you don't have this, I recommend it.

I love the fact that it can scan double-sided documents without any more effort than single-sided documents. The fact you can scan a variety of sizes from checks, regular paper, to business cards is amazing. It doesn't take much desk space, which is a major plus. It's been helping keep our office organized and help save the planet so that we don't have to keep drawers full of papers, we can scan, recycle, and move on.

There's nothing I don't like about it. Like all other pieces of technology, you may have errors, but those are easy to fix with a re-scan or a simple reboot.

Antwort von Neat

Thank you so much for writing a review! We are glad to hear that you have been staying Neat with us! Keeping you rganized is our goal. Thank you again!

Julie
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Good for personal or small-business needs

Kommentare: For the price of a scanner, Neat has provided me with a good solution for simple archiving for many years. Neat stores documents as searchable PDFs, which is its best feature, and overall, Neat suits my needs. However, if I had to use Neat often or intensively, I'd want a more sophisticated program. Its search function has no advanced features and can be downright puzzling. Searches sometimes return lists of results with no obvious relationship to the keyword searched. I think this means "nothing found." Also, Neat cannot send documents directly to a printer or email program. It requires the user to Export and Save before documents become available for action. Nevertheless, since I can usually find what I'm looking for and rarely need to print documents, Neat is a good, economical solution for me.

I like being able to print email and online documents directly to Neat, which stores them as searchable PDF documents.

I dislike two things. 1) The search function is bad and hasn't been upgraded in all the years I've used Neat; and 2) In order to print a stored document, I have to jump through hoops.

Antwort von Neat

Thank you for submitting a review! We appreciate the feedback that you have provided. It sounds like you are utilizing our legacy desktop software that has now been retired for quite some time. With the cloud based software that the company has evolved to, a lot of features and functionalities have improved. We are happy that you have been able to utilize the product to your liking and we appreciate you for choosing Neat!

Landwirtschaft, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A good idea when it started, but they lost their way...

Kommentare: What part of Data hostage should I describe? The reports are bad, but after my legacy crashed, I tried to access my old records and they are unavailable unless I pay for a subscription. The cloud is slow for me, no solution for that, NEAT doesn't care or help. I am actively seeking a better solution, or maybe just a different solution, one that is not just marketing to large cash flows and big margins. My overall experience with the cloud based solution is that for rural areas without high speed internet it is unsatisfactory. Discounting the slow rural as my issue, I was also not impressed with the reporting module. And as a final word, if you need to rely on the images of your scans in an audit, good luck. When I tried to print them the resolution was so bad as to be totally illegible. No IRS auditor will accept them as a valid record unless you are willing to turn your computer over to the IRS so he can see the original scans.

I like the compact scanner hardware, double sided scanning with no extra effort, ability to scan to a PDF or print a scanned PDF to NEAT. I like the ability to scan colored receipts that might not be legible in a grayscale or B/W scan. The scanner is fast, and the initialize button on the scanner itself is pretty handy when scanning a large pile of receipts. The OCR component is fairly accurate, I would say the Legacy OCR is about equivalent in accuracy to the cloud based premium version of 99%. I like that the software reminds you to backup at set intervals (obviously not an issue on the cloud system).

Neat lost their way as a cloud based service. They say safe, I say Expensive. Once you are on their cloud, if you don't pay you lose your records until you do, & they are expensive. I tried the cloud system, but b/c my internet is rural (slow), the throughput was abysmal. I tried a compromise solut'n, NEAT legacy synced to the cloud service. I did this because legacy was written so poorly that it would utilize all of the memory on a large report & then crash. Support tried many times to ascertain the reason for the crashes. They blamed the computer, OS, & the user, never NEAT, & never found a solution. Reinstalled a dozen times, tried three computers w/ 4 versions of Win (Vista, 7, 8 and 10) & 32 Bit & 64 Bit ver of 8 & 10. My thinking was that I could scan & process on legacy & Sync with the cloud for reporting. Wrong...the cloud service had even less flexibility than the half formed legacy software w/ regards to reports. Legacy was rudimentary, the cloud service was worse. Consequently, I dropped the cloud service & muddled along with Legacy for another few years, guess I will again, but I dislike it & the cloud is worse. After Win 10 fall update, legacy fails to init. On a whim I tried to access my old data, surprise, must subscribe. Data hostage. Imagine that! Final note, the scanned images can not be resurrected with a printer due to poor Resolution. I have nothing good to say about NEAT, the few stars I gave are for legacy, not cloud. BUYER BEWARE!

Antwort von Neat

Thank you for submitting a review! We deeply apologize for any inconvenience or miscommunication that was caused. The legacy software that you are referring to has been retired for years now and has not had any updates for quite some time. Neat aslo does not hold any data hostage. All of your data can be stored directly onto your computer. If you do require any additional assistance, please take a look at our retired products community here - https://support.neat.com/retired

Ginger
Ginger
Operations Manager/Bookkeeper in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great if they allowed software not in the cloud

The scanner software is great and the documents scan well

They no longer support a software and want you to store all your scanned documents in the cloud. We only store on our firewall protected server. I'm not paying for document storage so we will use the old software until it will no longer work.

Antwort von Neat

Hi Ginger, Thanks for your review. While we no longer provide updates for the retired software, you are certainly free to continue using it on your computer. We do want to let you know that we provide bank level encryption security for our cloud service and have focused on the cloud because it allows us to provide unlimited storage at no extra cost, access from any web browser to view and share your information, and you can scan from virtually anywhere to the cloud via the Neat mobile app included free with subscriptions to Neat's cloud service. We'll be here whenever you are ready to try Neat's cloud service.

Shimon
Kanada
Computer-Software

Bad choice after bad choice from struggling company

Kommentare: The latest version of the desktop software from Neat (5.7) is not longer supported, so it's on the death row. Instead, it was replaced by much less potent cloud version. While I believe some may find cloud solution appealing, many small shops don't want to hear about cloud and were happy with desktop version. It allowed to categorize receipts, export into numerous software choices (excel is one of the most popular one, but quicken and quickbooks are there too) Now, that desktop version is no longer supported/developed, they left many customers in shocking state looking around for alternatives, like Fujitsu's SnapScan Receipts and Mariner Software's Paperless (both are excellent alternatives, by the way) It's a shame the company follows some internal misguidance instead of listening to the customers, but I guess this is how software business works these days. Everybody wants buzzword cloud.

- Allows to categorize receipts and provide instant summary (e.g. Meals Receipts) of the amounts for the accountant. - Distinguishes between documents, receipts and business cards - Easy to use - Stores everything in local database, which is easy to backup/restore (did it few times flawlessly) - Naturally supports NeatReceipts scanner

- Abandoned to much worse cloud solution - Will stop working sooner or later - Not supported any longer - No new features are developed (e.g. templates for various business categories) - Lack of support whatsoever in general - Not many variety of scanners is supported. Very picky in their choice.

Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

easy & good for home use

The neat scanner & program is easy to use. We used this program to scan all our documents into digital files. Inexpensive.

The Neat Scanner did have some gliches with shutting down. Customer service was not the most greatest! Very difficult to get speak to someone about issues.

Antwort von Neat

Thank you for the feedback. Customer care is always available to assist via email, chat and phone. We also host a variety of online support articles to also answer Neat related questions. Visit the following link to find out more: https://support.neat.com/

Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good Product

Kommentare: I use this product daily, very easy to use.

scanning, email, mobile, are all vey good.

logging in once ok, then you get kicked out to often and have to do all over again.

Antwort von Neat

Thank you for submitting a review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the product and are using it daily. Thank you for choosing Neat!

Ralph
CEO in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Data Kidnapping

Kommentare: Holds data effectively hostage and constantly increases subscription cost.

not much. Scans paper and uploads it to the cloud.

There is no functionality to export data other than to export the whole database making it virtually impossible to switch to another system if one has a lot of data.

Antwort von Neat

Ralph, The Neat Company thanks you for providing feedback. Please know, Neat has never held data hostage. There are several ways you can export item images and item data from Neat. You can export your items to the following file types: .PDF, .CSV, .TXF, .QIF, and .QFX. See here for directions: https://support.neat.com/neatapp/export-items-from-neat You can also email items from Neat. See here: https://support.neat.com/neatapp/export-items-from-neat For additional support resources and the ability to connect with a Neat Chat Agent, visit us here: https://support.neat.com/ Thank You Neat Customer Success Team

Amy
Owner/Operator in USA

I use it to track all my expenses for my business

I love how I can directly scan my receipts into Quicken Home and Business. I love that it is so easy to use and that I can choose a plan that fits my needs/budget

No real cons. Neat has really thought this software through. I loved it more when it was free, but I do understand why fees were added to their service. I still love it!

Antwort von Neat

Hi Amy, We appreciate your candid review and how useful you are finding Neat. About 2 years ago Neat moved out of the bundled scanner software realm to focus on our cloud-powered services (which due require a subscription). Customers can continue using our retired products for as long as they wish without purchasing a subscription.

Lee
Owner/Sole Proprietor in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Neat Small Business Solutions

Kommentare: Using Neat for several years now. Just used the reports function for tax purposes and was thoroughly impressed with the output. Something I can simply hand to an auditor, if need be.
The Neat Cloud is a real security blanket. The number of times my computer 'lost' the Neat Data file is too many to count. Knowing my data is in the Neat Cloud is very reassuring.

Scanner works very well and captures text on receipts to populate fields in the document description and database entries.

Difficult to contact support. Neat Data file is lost frequently. Program shuts down unexpectedly at times.

Wanda
Office Manager in USA
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Records for customers

Kommentare: I scan in all the work orders and invoices for the repairs we do. The Neat saves time so I don't have to go thru boxes to look up the customer in case of a problem. Easy to use and as long as you keep it clean it works perfect. The Neat cloud does the back-up so I know I am protected.

You can set your requirements easy.

It jams if you put to many pages in it. You must keep the lens cleaned about once a week.

Managing member in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Needs better and more timely support as software updates are made

Kommentare: I have a small four person consulting firm. We have been using Neat for almost five years and find it to be more helpful that copying receipts and hand inputing the expenses to a spreadsheet, but still it is cumbersome and inaccurate to require lots of manual corrects to the amounts and the vendors. None the less we have continued to use it because we are unaware of a better system for a small firm like ours, though we are looking hard now for a replacement.
The reason we are interested in changing is that as software updates to our PC and Mac operating systems are made, Neat lags behind in updating their software that it functions properly. With the El Capitan upgrade for Mac, the Neat software crashes at the scanning of each receipt. Very frustrating and non productive. This condition has happened before as upgrades are made. Neat should be proactive and work with Microsoft and Apple so that as the upgrades become available their software work seamlessly, but to date we haven't seen this.
We have used the Neat mobile scanner, but find that after time it ceases to become functional. It is also very slow. We use ScanSnap scanners and fine them effective and fast when Neat is up and running properly.
As of today, our Neat software is unusable due to continued crash issues. We would appreciate it if Neat would fix this issue quickly and make an update available. If it is not fixed quickly we will abandon the software and move to a different product.

Lukas
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

It's just not worth it

I like that you can organize and file your receipts and documents.

How limited the functionality is and the big differences between the cloud interface and functions and the software itself.

Antwort von Neat

Lukas, Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. We are glad to hear that you are able to stay organized with your receipts and documents! We do apologize for any frustration regarding the the similarities and differences between the desktop software and the cloud based software and we are currently working to improve the system even more. Within this year, we will be releasing a new product that joins the features of the desktop app and the cloud software to provide a great and seamless Neat Experience. Thank you again for choosing Neat!

Greg
owner in Kanada
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for book keeping would love to see the ability to invoice be added to the program

Kommentare: Great for book keeping would love to see the ability to create and send invoices added to the program line up.

sometimes slow to sync

Kenneth
Vice President in USA

Scanning made easy

At per month month, I have not found a better cloud-based solution for scanning and saving to the cloud receipts and other important documents.

We would like to see easy integration with QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, and Quicken in previous versions.

Antwort von Neat

Hi Kenneth, we appreciate your review and candid feedback. We are working to include feature parity with previous versions of Neat for our cloud service. If you ever are in need of integration assistance, please let us know and we will reach out.

fred
President in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Neat is neat

Kommentare: I have used Neat for a year now and it has simplified my record keeping and tax preparation.
No more magnetically imprinted receipts I can't read a few days later..I scan them at the table! I finish the tax info later.
Tax summaries a a few clicks and your ready for your CPA or do it yourself.
This would have saved my money and time if I had known about it years ago.
My suggestion, don't wait another day. Get it.

Easy and convenient

President in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Horrible!

Kommentare: None

The fact I no longer have it. It offers an opportunity for someone to buy it and start over with the idea and do it right. Not for Mac users. See next.

It does not work on my MacBook Pro with High Sierra 10.13.4. It stays hopelessly behind despite 1 year between upgrades. The support people speak nicely to you, but get ready for many fails and long wait times. Over 2 days they could not get it to work. The idea is a good one. Perhaps someone will either buy this company, fire all the developers, or do their own similar program. Personally I consider it the worst purchase I ever made.

Antwort von Neat

Hi Michael, we are sorry to hear about your disappointment with Neat. We see you are referring to our legacy desktop software that was retired over two years ago. Some background, the Neat legacy software was not tested on High Sierra because it was retired before High Sierra was released by Apple. Additionally, if you wish to continue to use the Neat legacy desktop software you may do so and use the Mac Image Capture Utility to scan items with your Neat scanner. If you would like us to reach out to assist you, we can certainly do so. Take care!

Teresa
State coordinator in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Neat scanner is so NEAT!

Kommentare: I love it so much talked my son in law to get my daughter one as well
You create your folders scan it in keeps a running total. Use for business and personal use. I know how it got its name. It is so NEAT

Mutiable folders scans to documentd easy to use live it

Doesn't remover password wish I could just get started without signing in so many times

Gewerbeimmobilien, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Super helpful

Kommentare: Huge time saver and allows me to get receipts to my accountant quickly and easily via electronic means.

The time saving aspect and keeping receipts organized.

Receipts have to be kept fairly flat, no cruppled papers.

Antwort von Neat

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that the Neat Program has saved you time in keeping your receipts organized. We are sorry to hear however that you experienced some issues with cruppled papers. Did you know that the Neat Software now works with 3rd party scanners?

Brendan
Administration in Kanada
Vermögensverwaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Product

Kommentare: Love this product, wouldn't be able to function without it anymore, definitely a game changer for your desktop. Saves lots of time in the day and easy to use. Pretty expensive but worth the investment.

Quick and easy.

Costs a pretty penny.

Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, Selbstständig

Great for a mobile business

Kommentare: I use it all the time to track my receipts some times dozens at a time on a daily bases. It saves me a mountain of paperwork at the end of the month

Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Have the all in one scanner- Good machine

Have the all-in-one scanner and it works great. Setup was a little tricky with the program I bought it to use with.

A little temperamental. Sometimes I have to reset the machine or the computer to get it to work again.

Antwort von Neat

Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate the feedback! If your scanner gives you issues in the future, please reach out for additional support here - https://support.neat.com/ Thank you so much for being a loyal Neat customer!