Filtern nach:

Über GRBackPro

Sicherungssoftware, professionelle Datensicherungssoftware für Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP

Erfahre mehr über GRBackPro

Pitak P.
IT Specialist
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.6.2019

"Most flexible backup solution"

Kommentare: This is a very reliable software. Once everything is set up, it works according to the schedule set. It's a "set and forget" kind of experience.

Vorteile: GRBackPro allows me flexibility in setting the destination path of my backups. I can set it to the time variable I want (e.g. weekdays) and it will create 7 folders (from Monday to Sunday). Setting incremental compressed backup provides me with the past 7 days of backups. I can also do this with "weekly" (4 weeks folders) and "monthly" (12 months folders) destinations. This is something I don't see in other backup solutions.

Nachteile: Maybe the interface of v8 is a bit outdated. I read that the new version 9 has its interface improved. Also, when the PC is first restarted, the network mapped drive is at first not connected. GRBackPro refuses to start its backup and I have to go into file explorer and double-click on the mapped drive to get the PC to recognize the drive. Then it works fine. If GRBackPro can do the initialization of mapped or network drive before backing up, then it will be awesome.

von GRSoftware an 18.6.2019

To solve the mapped drive issue we suggest to directly use the UNC name (//Server/SharedFolder) instead of the mapped drive letter. This is reliable and always works.

• Bewertet am 14.6.2019
Larry R.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Owner"

Kommentare: I generate daily, weekly and monthly backups with all monthly backups being archived forever. Have never lost any backups in using this software since 2007.

Vorteile: Relatively simple to set up but once set up it has usually worked flawlessly. I can also save all files backed up in uncompressed format making it much easier for staff to restore files when need be. Simple drag and drop files from backup folder to new folder. Many back up softwares use propitiatory formats and you can not restore without their software. No a good feeling when company closes doors. Also am able to backup from one NAS to another NAS winch is huge bonus.

Nachteile: No real cons. Like all software a bit of a learning curve. Had occasional issues when windows updates occurred but tech support has always been excellent and fast on responding.

Randy B.
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.6.2019

"Plenty of feature, easy to use"

Kommentare: We use it for daily & weekly backups to several destinations, works great

Vorteile: Works as expected, configurable. Relatively cost effective.

Nachteile: Hard to copy configuration to another setup

von GRSoftware an 15.6.2019

Hi Randy, we are working on a new version that adds an import settings feature. This will simplify new setups.

John J.
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 11.6.2019

"I've been using GRBackPro for over 10 years"

Kommentare: Great overall experience for daily backups, monthly backups and I especially use it for assert backups. I have huge libraries of 3D objects and samples audio and GRBackPro makes it easy to back these up.

Vorteile: It's very easy to use. I like that I can easily assemble Job list of files I want t o backup and give different backup locations. Using monthly backups it's easy to update job locations as well as backup locations. To recover files is very easy, no complicated admin to go through, just use File Explorer to gain access to all your files. It also works well with large numbers of files.

Nachteile: It could use a user interface makeover. Function is great but it could do with an updated overall design and be scaleable for 4K and up screens.

David I.
  • Bewertet am 12.6.2019

"Indispensible: just perfect for what I want"

Kommentare: I use this for at least five different backups each night, plus a big one each week. All setup to run automatically at given times. I've been using GrBakPro for the last 19 years and find it invaluable.

Vorteile: Zips all files into individual folders that match the directory structure. This is perfect if you are uploading to say Amazon S3 because (1) the upload size smaller, (2) it keeps the directory structure, (3) because the files are zipped they retain their original dates (which you lose if you upload files directly to S3). Plus you can restore directly from the overall zip file back to the original directory structure.

Nachteile: A bit tricky to manage the command-line options.

Stephen R.
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Great Backup Software"

Kommentare: I've been using GRBackup since it first came out - many many years ago, and at least 4 totaled/crashed computers along the way. The backup saved my professional photography business many times - lots of high resolution photos... maybe a million or more over the years.

Vorteile: Comprehensive set of set-up features, fully automatic, easy recovery of data and uses conventional ZIP compression, so archived backup are accessible without the program, if necessary. Many other backup programs use proprietary compression that only the program can recover..

Nachteile: Learning curve - not a very intuitive set-up, but once learned, simple to use.

Lars B.
CEO.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"My opinion"

Kommentare: I run an accounting firm and I am in great need of being able to show great security on the data side for customers, branch organization and the tax office, which I have been able to do on several occasions.

Vorteile: GRBack Pro is very easy to handle and when it is installed you know that it is possible to trust that there is a backup. It has happened that my hard drive has not been able to read from, but then it is only to produce the backup, so the security is what I want to highlight the most.

Nachteile: It is not possible to find anything negative about GRBack

Christoph P.
PD Dr.
Think-Tanks, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.6.2019

"best backup software I know"

Kommentare: I tried many backup software like Acronis, EaseUS or Paragon but GRBackup is the best of all. It is easy to use, has all the features you need and builds simple zip-files that can be browsed outside the program. I use GRBackup since over ten years and would never miss it. Recommended it to many of my collegues. And, by the way, it´s not so expensive as you might think and worth every cent.

Vorteile: easy to use with all the features one needs

Nachteile: sometimes special program options are likely hard to find

von GRSoftware an 18.6.2019

GRBackPro has so many options that sometime is difficult to districate all that features. We have added the Simple mode to reduce the available options. In this mode some less frequently used options are hidden. This should reduce the pain on the first usage. However I think that professional users and administrators want to see ALL options and thus are welcome to enable the Adv. Mode. This is specially true for the Server edition.

Schügerl R.
IT specialist
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

"Great Backup Software"

Kommentare: I am an IT professional and did require a solution for my family pc at home, which was able to fullfill my needs.
And i never had issues.

Vorteile: I like most that I can run GRBackPro as a service, so I can backup my and my family's accounts even when I am not logged in.
And I have absolute control of what and how to backup.

Nachteile: I don't really have any points I dislike on GRBackPro. I am a user since the early 2000s.

Richard T.
Attorney
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

"Solid backup software"

Kommentare: I have used it for what must be over two decades without a hitch. Nothing more need be said.

Vorteile: Once the backup is set up, it works seamlessly. And recovery of individual files is simple.

Nachteile: Setting up jobs can be tedious, and I had to have a computer-savvy friend show me how to use the advanced backup options.

Joseph W.
Personal
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig

"Very useful program"

Kommentare: I regularly bachup my person files and those for my choir and a church group.
I have used it several times when I have had problems with corruption and it is easy to restore

Vorteile: It is easy to use with multiple backups and it keeps different backups seperate.

Nachteile: I havn't find any problems in several years use.

Stefano G.
Dr. Eng. in R&D - High Voltage generators
Medizinische Geräte, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"The easiest backup"

Vorteile: The possibility to have, directory by directory, a file that is possible to open through file system in order to have the possibility to locate and retreive a single file in the easiest way

Nachteile: The way to build the backup batch is not the best, I do it in a text editor

Alessandro C.
director
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.6.2019

"Very quick backup software"

Kommentare: I use it for daily backups. I have set it up and then forgot about it! Very reliable and quick.

Vorteile: Great solution for my personal backups. Full of options to configure the backup at best.

Nachteile: All problems I have found in the past have been QUICKLY solved by the super support service.

• Bewertet am 15.6.2019
Dallas H.
Retired Educator
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 14.5.2019

"Outstanding backup software"

Kommentare: I do an automatic backup of my entire computer system nightly -- 8 computers -- and have no worries about it being secure and easy to restore.

Vorteile: GRBackPro offers solid backups with excellent error reporting and a myriad of options.

Nachteile: In advanced mode, it can be overwhelming at first!

• Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Cory S.
System Admin

"GRBackPro"

Kommentare: This software has been meeting our customers needs for well over a decade.

Vorteile: Quality software with quality support behind it.

Nachteile: N/A

Firdos A.
Groߟhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2019

"Best Ever Backup Software"

Vorteile: speed of the software.
use of standard format .zip
running as a service or program as you like
very precise settings

Nachteile: the backup simulation mode should be better indicated

• Bewertet am 13.6.2019
Gary M.
Retired
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 11.6.2019

"Don't Let This Happen To You"

Kommentare: Don't Let This Happen To You
The title says it all, Ihave been in the IT field since 1965 and have struggled through many system crashes. Getting in the habit of backing up my data so that I can recover files has saved me countless hours/days of work to re-construct a file system. I provide free support to the people in our small town of 3300 people and recommend to everyone to backup - backup - backup.

Vorteile: Stores things in ZIP files which makes it easy to see what you have.

Nachteile: It doesn't have an obvious front end. Every time I want to recover a file, I have to fiddle around to get it right.

Alex P.
Eng.
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2009

"Best backup software for Windows ever!"

Kommentare: A must buy!

Vorteile: This is a great piece of software that I suggest to everyone. It is really easy to use and full of options. Maybe novice can find a little complex at first but when they complete the first backup and go further they also will appreciate the power of this software.

Nachteile: None until now.

• Bewertet am 7.7.2009