Very Good Office to PDF Conversion as well as other PDF features

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
John W.
IT Director
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have a custom Transportation Management System (TMS). I have eliminated many of the file cabinets in the company and replaced with paperless processes. One example is Order Faxes. Customers email or fax us documents which then appear to an order entry clerk on a dual screen system. They enter the orders and the 'fax' is attached to the order. This gives everyone visibility to that initial document and eliminated the filing aspect. Many of the emailed documents are Word, Excel and HTML. DocConverter does a great job of transforming them into PDF. We also use DocConverter to compress PDFS by using different conversion settings to reduce their size. We have truckers sending us electronic POD PDFs that are huge.

Vorteile: If you have a custom system or one that can easily integrate with web services, I recommend DocConverter and the REST interface. It is very good at retaining the Office format of documents, converting them into PDF. Performance is good, uptime is very good. Our application server has PDF commands for bursting, appending, deleting pages, etc. so we don't rely fully on DocConverter. But it has all those commands and then some if you need a solution that includes all of the features you could want in paperless workflow systems.

Nachteile: In the past we have had the server give us strange errors and support always had us re-install. Initially each one of those episodes caused lots of other issues. Now, we have the reinstall documented and it is very reliable. But to make things even better, we have not (knock on wood) had a need to re-install for over a year. I think this latest product with the web service interface is really solid.

von ActivePDF an 26.3.2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments on DocConverter. Your feedback is beyond valuable and drives future product improvements across the board.
Kind Regards,
ActivePDF

This Company Is A Gem!

Bewertet am 17.6.2019
Mitch D.
Director of IT
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: What I needed was a server level product that would take a print stream from an SaaS system and provide me with local PDF files that I could concatenate and save to be printed locally. Their product could have easily done what I needed but their honesty and values suggested I try a lower cost product and provided me with a suggestion, which did precisely what I needed.

Vorteile: Please note that I did not purchase the product but I am giving the company the highest possible ranking because they are honest and have integrity. After speaking with their sales person and their technician, it was believed that, while their product would do what I needed, it was more advanced that I would need. Instead of continuing through the sales process, it was recommended that I look at a competitor's product as they thought it would do what I needed. They got nothing out of the deal except my utmost respect. Honesty counts for a lot in IT. Too often, salespersons want to sell vaporware or immature product that do not perform to expectations. In this case, it was totally opposite. While their product could have easily handled what I needed to have done, they suggested something less expensive. I sincerely hope that their integrity pays them 100 times over what I would have spent with them.

Nachteile: All I can say is that I hope you read what I've written above.

von ActivePDF an 5.7.2019

Hi Mitch,
Thank you for taking the time to share the positive experience you had with the ActivePDF team. Your kind words are invaluable and greatly appreciated by everyone at ActivePDF.

We installed ActivePDF several years ago and it just does what it's supposed to do.

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Craig W.
Web Developer/Team Lead

Vorteile: Easy to use if you can write code. Hardly ever has any issues is just runs on the server and does it's job. Using code allows it to be more flexible with the users needs. We use the ability to stitch several PDF's together on the fly all the time and it works great.

Nachteile: How the software handles converting Excel files is sometimes hard to read especially if there are several columns and the converter converts is in Portrait style instead of landscape. It would be nice if it could calculate how wide the document is and convert it accordingly. I also have a fear of upgrading the software not knowing how it will affect my process.

DocConverter good and bad.

Bewertet am 8.3.2019
Craig W.
Web Develop II Team Lead
Logistik & Lieferkette, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used DocConverter for several years and it has worked very well for us with out much issues. Support usually is pretty responsive and knowledgeable. I've been real happy with the performance.

Vorteile: The quality of the pdf that comes out of the conversion process is very clean and the size is very compressed. There are good examples.

Nachteile: The cost is very expensive. Some errors are hard to trouble shoot.

von ActivePDF an 12.3.2019

Thank you for taking the time to give such valuable feedback. Your comments help us in assessing the future of our products and customer support.

We are using DocConverter for document conversion and data capture solution.

Bewertet am 28.5.2018
Chigyun D.
S/W Architecture

Kommentare: It maintains stable performance for various types of documents and large volumn document conversions.

Vorteile: Provides various APIs, supports background processing of bulk documents, supports various document format

Nachteile: It depends on 3rd party S/W, so there is a problem with handling unexpected errors.
I would like to include some more intelligence function such as Excel oversized documents or too many pages converted.

Overall ActivePDF products have served our needs well and have been easy enough to use.

Bewertet am 25.5.2018
Lee E.
Systems Analyst

Vorteile: ActivePDF software nicely handles converting many different document types to PDF very well. I especially like that the WebGrabber software has made it possible for our development team to focus on documents that work well with browsers and have the ability to easily get a PDF copy through an automated system.

Nachteile: As a developer, I find that the error messages could be more insightful. Also, it is difficult to determine what level of ECMA scripts the WebGrabber is capable of rendering.

Easy to install and works after just at few minutes. Gives great value for us and our customers.

Bewertet am 25.5.2018
Arne B.
Solutions Architect
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Handles just about every thing we throw at it. Of all the software we use, this is the one we never worry about. It just works. Good follow up and frequent updates that makes it future proof.

Nachteile: A little troublesome to make sure it has all the rights and authorities to convert. Don't forget to check DCOM.

Bang for the Buck

Bewertet am 27.9.2018
Kevin J.
Revenue Management I/T Consultant
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This application has been so stable that its rare to do anything with it.

Vorteile: The backbone for our organization forms for our mobile applications. It allows workflows for alcohol and tobacco certification from start to end. It's interfaced with legacy applications as well as new cutting edge applications. It's also used on the website for delivery of forms. It's a very stable application. The customer service is one of the best. I have very little experience but their customer service/technical support assist with great directions and/or documentation.

Nachteile: Not the easiest application to use but excellent customer service makes up for it.

von ActivePDF an 1.10.2018

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review! Everyone here at ActivePDF appreciates the feedback. Please feel free to contact us anytime for more info on other ActivePDF products.

activePDF Portal was usable on Windows 2003 site

Sr Systems Developer

Kommentare: activePDF Portal supported our use of PDF documents on two different web sites.

Vorteile: They supported us well when we got started.
They are letting us keep using Portal, even while discontinuing it as a product.

Nachteile: Upgrading the site to Windows 2012 forced activePDF Portal to upgrade from 2011 to 2014, and a change in code.
The have not supported us to shift to their replacement product

good experience. easy to use

Kathleen N.
sr systems analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Customer service was very good. The product itself is easy to set-up and monitor. I like the variety of conversion options. It is very easy for the end-user and is super fast converting.

Nachteile: i really don' t have any cons. the program doesn't have issues. It runs smoothly and easily for a variety of users.

does the job

Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Jose M.
Vendor Performance Analyst
Finanzdienstleistungen

Vorteile: price wise is the best bang for your money and I can complete all my work without spending lots of money

Nachteile: Limited functionality however I am not a heavy users which requires all the features, sometimes it is good to have them all.

Fast, Easy, Flexible

Bewertet am 8.3.2019
Alayna J.
IT Asset Admin
Druck, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using DocConverter allows for us to convert documents quickly and easily.

Vorteile: DocConverter is very easy to use. It also converts documents fast. It allows you to create custom conversion templates (if needed). I love that they offer customer support and assistance as well.

Nachteile: I honestly cannot think of anything I don't like about DocConverter.

von ActivePDF an 15.3.2019

We are very pleased that DocConverter is meeting all your needs. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

It is great product and with responsive support.

Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Budi Y.
Application Developer
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We have used this product for almost 10 years. We use it to convert documents to PDF file on some of our applications. This product is easy to use and to configure. We only have few issues at the beginning and their support always helped us.

Nachteile: I have to say the price. I hope that will be cheaper than what they offer now. I cannot think anything else.

very easy to work with

Founder & CEO
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: excellent word document rendering. we use this to render 100s of word documents on a daily basis, it manages graphs, charts and other more demanding word doc templates very well.

Nachteile: no issues at all. we have found the product easy to implement, and, overallit has been a very successful addition to our offering

Server-based bulk document converter. Fast and accurate.

John N.
IT Manager
Staatsverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Document conversion is accurate and fast. We have compared with other solutions and ActivePDF was faster, more accurate, or both. Simple to use.

Nachteile: I have no dislikes. The product functions as advertised, requires no maintenance and is both fast and efficient.

Another great PDF modifying software.

Jean K.
Contract Designer

Vorteile: Covers a wide range of document formats - even CAD (.dxf). It is noticeable faster and more accurate than other programs.

Nachteile: Not bad, but could be cheaper. Still having trouble with proper size conversions.

A very good customer support during the evaluation helped to shortlist it

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Senior Associate

Vorteile: CAD document converter functions like (dxf -->pdf),
API programming support for the conversion at server level,
Various API programming support like AutoCAD font setting, etc.

Nachteile: Admin rights required during every time execution,
As we require to run it in different servers, we need to procure many servers. Instead if options like one license can support in multiple servers license type, it could be very useful
Also the User name and mail ID registration need to be edited in a simple way rather than the current method

Horrible to manage from a sys admin perspective

Bewertet am 4.6.2018
System Administrator - AppDynamics Administration and Engineering

Kommentare: It does what is needed and handles a large volume of PDFs fairly quickly and effectively.

Vorteile: The software does what it needs to do. WebGrabber is a pretty decent scraping tool. Their licensing requires I only deal with them once every year.

Nachteile: The software is very finicky (as an SA I have to sign off my domain accounts or the software can break) and cumbersome.

Reliable converter

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Matthew R.
Unterhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Taking user input from web and saving it as archived individual files to trigger processes and at the same time document selections.

Vorteile: Easy to implement data captures. Perfect for legal work. Example libraries make everything smoother.

Nachteile: At first the monitor window looked scary but for troubleshooting it was really helpful as well.

von ActivePDF an 26.11.2018

Thank you for your review! For any questions on other ActivePDF products, please contact our helpful tech advisors. Kindest Regards.

Team used Active PDF under document management to convert the paper docs into electronic.

Bewertet am 10.2.2018
Sonali Z.
Analyst

Vorteile: I like their OCR feature which is fast and able to use different techniques to make the page searchable.

Nachteile: They can have mode different document extensions included that can convert pdf into different one and visa versa.

ActivePDF DocConverter

Bewertet am 27.10.2015
Michael S.

Kommentare: Simply the best set of API's available for document management.

Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Shayenne S.
Process Technician
Computer-Hardware, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

It's a good product and works well, does a lot but the price and licensing it too high

Gian marco A.
Team Lead BE Development
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Validated the integration possibility

Vorteile: Easy to install and configure, good integrations and good amount of flexibility but we had few issues in some edge cases and couldn't make it work

Nachteile: Support was quick to respond but never managed to fix the issue. Additionally it requires an additional MS Office license

It’s ok

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Earland M.
Music Producer
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It’s ok could be a little user friendly

Vorteile: If your looking to convert your files to PDFs this what your looking for

Nachteile: It’s difficult to figure out when you first use it

von ActivePDF an 15.4.2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. Your input gives us the ability to continually improve and update our products to fit the needs of our users.
Kind Regards,