Praxis

Praxis Bewertungen

von Infor*Med

I initially purchased Praxis as a DOS user in the 1990s and have seen it from the beginning.

Bewertet am 29.1.2018
David B.
Family Physician

Kommentare: I believe I am much better able to do a good job caring for my patients and keeping complex histories and conditions better organized. I am better able to meet the increasing government requirements of reporting and tracking without that interfering as much with the doctor patient relationship. Praxis allows me see what I want to see each time I see a patient for a given condition. Because of the use of discreet data, and the freedom for me to easily select what I want to see without having to hire a programmer to do it for me. Example: for my patients with hypertension, I have trained praxis to print the last 3 Blood pressures recorded on the note. For the diabetics, I list their last several A1c results, their urine for microalbumen and EGFR For patients on meds for hyperlipidemia, I have it extract the last 3 lipid profiles, For thyroid patients, I pull the last several TSH values, and for Obese patients, I can show the last weights. If I want to see what medications I have tried for treating their depression, everything is listed since I started using the program, and a quick click on a box takes me to the encounter for that date. Each physician or provider has their own unique way of doing things, so instead of having to agree on the templates that we want to use or have written for us, each of has our own and yet we can share what we have done with others, and if they want to use what we saved, they can easily import it, or just look and decide to do it their way. The program has recently complied with new regulations so we have just received our own secure email so we can receive or send information to other providers with other platforms once those programs catch up to Praxis. The assessments are so easy to create, that when I have a patient with unique needs, that I know I will need to create the same unusual lab order in the future, I can easily create a lab order that will be saved as "KNOWLEDGE" that could be specific for that patient to recall it in the future.
I can name these assessments whatever I want to since the assessment names are for my eyes only.
I do vasectomies, and the initial consultation complete with handouts is all part of one assessment, and the assessment for the actual procedure, creates the note, which is there for me to change anything but can also include any post op medications and instructions all as part of that assessment.
It would be painful for me to go to a template EMR

Vorteile: Unlike other EMR programs that require you to create templates and spend a lot of time clicking, praxis works on a unit of though concept. Anything you want to do repetitively you can easily "save with knowledge" while working with a live patient and that information will be there for you to use in the future. This can be as simple as saving an order for compression hose for a patient to use the next time I need to use it, or as complex as having the program query my lab database to present the last several labs that apply to each of their chronic conditions .
Praxis also sorts your "units of though" you have saved by frequency of use, and it can help you find what you are looking for quickly in an unusual way for an EMR. If you start with a prescription, it will show you all of the "assessments (units of thought) that you have every used that prescription for.
It also helps you remember the things that you might otherwise forget in an incidental visit. Any items such as have they had their flu shot? Did they get their pneumonia vaccine? Did you do the things you decided are best for the patient?
Also when you combine several assessments on the same visit for the patient, they all appear in the same note and are not hidden on some other page or drop down menu, or in a sub note like many EMRs.
Their support is quite remarkable. Anyone in the office can open a chat, and praxis is there within seconds to address the issue and record it to send to t

Nachteile: Since praxis has been developed over decades with input from the physician users, rather than a team of programmers from a venture capital firm, it doesn't plug you into someone else's thought process. I could use the analogy of a word processing program. Anyone can open up "Word" and just type, but it can do so much more, that actually requires you to put a little effort into it. That can be annoying in word, but when you learn it, your horizons open up and you can do so much more. As I mentioned above, I purchased the program decades ago which included the upgrades over time. I had partners who didn't want to put the effort into using an EMR, so our office purchase another EMR. After just a short time the severe limitations of that program became apparent so they decided to subscribe to the EMR that our billing software company promoted and has bundled with an excellent accounts receivable program. That program also had severe limitations on what one could do. The training was very limited and I soon learned about template medicine. My partners finally realized that what they had in the Praxis program that they had not tried was far superior to these two programs. They discovered with a few hours of one on one training they already had a far superior program with Praxis. Praxis allows you to do your own queries if you are interested, or you can use the many already supplied, including those that are needed for reporting.

PRAXIS GIVES ME GREAT DOCUMENTATION IN LESS TIME!

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Julie B.
NURSE PRACTITIONER
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Exceptional! Customer service is priority. Staff are extremely responsive. During implementation, the person working with you tells you the next person you meet. Contact is made almost immediately. You are never left wondering if you are forgotten. With customer support, if they can't fix the problem, a ticket is sent to IT to assist. The problem gets resolved within 24 hours . I then receive an email. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the usual person I get on customer chat. Her follow up has been timely, complete, and exactly what I requested.
A trainer is assigned at implementation to teach the system. My trainer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is available to me, even after initial training is complete. His availability is posted online for obtaining extra 1:1 help. He has email and text available for quick issues. He usually responds within the hour. If written communication instructions are not understood, a session invitation is extended to me. He has always been very patient, kind, and understanding. He ensures I understand the training and can reproduce processes without him.
The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is very involved with Praxis. He continues to improve Praxis by contacting providers for ways to make it better. He is always open, friendly, relaxed, and communicative. Before having this system, I never spoke with anybody outside customer support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always asking Praxis users about ways to improve his product and make it better for the end users, providers!

Vorteile: Praxis has so many great features that confining them to a small space is difficult. The ability to document thoroughly is at the top on the list. Praxis remembers what is written from one note to the next, so you build upon what is written from note to note. Comparison is simple because it is already there. The time saved from not having to continuously document the same thing repeatedly, frees up so much time that a complex note can be completed in less than 10 minutes. The history of the note can be pulled over from prior notes easily without multiple steps. With just 1 click, it’s there. Codes are saved within Praxis, so a simple click recalls them. They are always saved and available at the click of a button from note to note. This feature saves so much time that documentation is shortened by not having to continuously “look” for the correct code. Once it’s there, it never goes away. The last great thing about Praxis is virtually no down time with the system. I don’t think I have ever had the system go down since I have been using the system. If the system shuts itself down for security reasons or you close it by mistake, Praxis automatically saves your note so nothing is lost. This is a priceless feature, having had other systems boot me out, losing everything in the note. I am usually at the end and must start the note all over again. With Praxis it is saved automatically and you pick up where you left off.

Nachteile: The worst thing about Praxis is that I didn’t find it early enough in my search for an EMR to not have to go through two other systems that were disappointing and didn’t meet my needs. I have spent innumerable hours that I can never get back doing endless documentation when I could have been having time with family, friends, or a myriad of other pleasurable things instead of EMR work. I don’t feel there are any other cons of using Praxis except those associated with not finding this system sooner. Praxis gets faster and more intuitive the more you use it. this makes all the difference in the world when there is so much documentation required for reimbursement now.

Worth it

Bewertet am 20.2.2020
Marcos M.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to learn, MA temps always pick it up very quickly. Tech support is amazing.

Nachteile: It is so customizable almost to a fault in some aspects

Best in the industry!

Heidi H.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No more lost charts, messaging and prescriptions are a breeze. The price is affordable even for a solo practitioner like myself. Made the investment of having them come out to help me set up my system which was a game changer. I was up and running full speed within just a few days. Praxis support has always been quick to any issue that arises. I migrated to the cloud version which allows me to easily access charts from my phone, tablet or computer from anywhere I have a connection. It

Vorteile: I have used several EMRs in my medical career and nothing comes close to allowing me to practice medicine in an efficient way like Praxis does. I am in command of my charts much like a paper chart but with the practicality of EMR. My templates can be updated and changed with ease even from a current patient visit. No more calling tech support to change something that is not quite right about an encounter template, I can adjust it easily in real time. When we do have tech issues, they are quickly on the case to resolve any issues. I use the cloud version so I can access from any location. It is so fast to use that I am done with charting when the patient leaves the room. It is obvious that it was created by a practitioner, who knows what functions we need to practice more efficiently. They continue to make improvements to Praxis and use customer feedback to enhance version updates. Cannot say enough about Praxis!

Nachteile: none - It's so robust I am still learning all the functionality

review of Praxis

Bewertet am 16.6.2017
Patricia P.
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Both customer support and training are excellent. The ability to design and modify my own office visit templates and lab panels is great. I use a lot of botanicals and compounded meds in my practice, and the program is flexible to handle those. E-prescribing log is very helpful to see what has been sent.

Nachteile: Some of my patients have had trouble navigating the patient portal, but Praxis is addressing that issue on several fronts: releasing a new version in very near future, new video for patients on how to use the portal, and personal support when occasionally necessary.

Praxis

Alkesh A.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Praxis is my 4th EMR over last 25 years of my practice and so far the best EMR that I have used, wish I had known about it years ago. In my opinion, physician can customize Praxis with little to no effort and personalize it to fit your need and satisfaction. Starting from implementation and training to go live, Praxis team was totally dedicated with one goal in mind...success of my practice. I have been using Praxis for last three months and have seen great benefit with improvement in quality care that I provide to my patients and reasons for this being true are:
Less chances of making mistakes...
Information available, when I need it and where I need it...
Praxis learns from you, and teaching Praxis is very easy, so far Praxis has behaved as the best student...
It is entirely possible that I will see financial gain over next one year by being more efficient, utilizing certain covered services now with great ease with Praxis which would not have been possible in past...
Most important thing, I am enjoying myself and feel like, I got my life back...

Vorteile: Praxis has allowed me to be the doctor that I always wanted to be.....provide the best possible care to my patients

Nachteile: Sorry, so far, do not have anything negative to say about this GREAT EMR

Praxis is a great software

Ryan R.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: What I love most about Praxis is how the software learns from me. So, as I use Praxis it makes my charting easier and allows me to spend more time focusing on my patients, which is frankly the best part of medicine. With my old EMR system, I was literally clicking on boxes for ten minutes or more for each patient whereas now with Praxis, most patients are completely charted in minutes, depending on how fast I want to go.

Vorteile: The Praxis people are quite helpful and were there answering my questions when setting up the software, so that was a good experience. I am now using a tablet and they needed to show me how to use it as I had never used a mobile computer for work. Overall, Praxis's software makes it very simple to check a patient's medical history which is much better than my old system which required much more work and used outdated templates.

Nachteile: There is nothing I cannot do with Praxis. I wasted a lot of time (and money) in not getting Praxis in the beginning, but I'm making up for lost time now. Praxis connects to everything in my office which is good. I'm still waiting to hear back from a lab but they should be connected soon. Ask the Praxis people to see a demo or send the demo videos and you should have a good feeling for its clinical usefulness for your practice. Good luck to all.

Do you really want the best and most innovative EMR?

Bewertet am 10.8.2019
Stephen M.
Chief Medical Officer
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Documenting in these “concepts” is exactly who Praxis documents and that is why once it learns how you document, the verbal consent, preparation and post injection examination of a RIGHT knee steroid, it knows it forever

Vorteile: Easy, intuitive, accurate, thorough and fast. Just think how you approach, then document your patient encounter. This was highlighted when I bought a retiring physicians practice and reviewed his progress note which consisted of a simple notation "Diabetes at goal", yet when I reviewed his paper chart (which showed check marked and initialed) 1. Ophthalmic Consultant report; a three quarter paged dictated note showing a normal diabetic eye exam, the labs that showed a circled and initialed A1c of 6.8, normal renal function, lipid panel and then review and check marked Podiatry dictation. This doctors notation “Diabetes at goal” was representative of all the words that we would’ve dictated, typed (or clicked boxes) in a Templated EMR, but that delineated what would have ended up in a large paragraph showing that this diabetics recent A1c, renal function, diabetic eye and foot exam...were all at goal.

Nachteile: The biggest "con" is that you will kick yourself that you haven't been using this superb tool earlier.
...And by the way, this is exactly how an experienced physician thinks, then documents a “ normal diabetic assessment”. As experienced physicians, we think in concepts (not words or often, not even in sentences),
Breast Cancer; stable, asymptomatic and in active treatment with Oncology Congestive Heart Failure; improved without PNDand improved on the ACE Inhibitor Pulmonary Nodule; unchanged from comparison CT chest 6 months ago)

Praxis software review

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Stephen M.
physician owner
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great. This company has always supported the end user with excellent personal service. They know who I am and what I need and are always there to assist with technical problems

Vorteile: Ease of use, personalization of the software to meet my specific needs, excellent support group.

Nachteile: It takes time to learn, but the more effort put in up front the better the end user experience is.

Terrific Software, Great Company

Bewertet am 29.12.2019
Peter B.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software enables me to see 50 patients a day, have all notes finished and out the door after the last patient

Vorteile: This is a very intuitive software and functions in the same way a physician evaluates a patient and creates a note. Produces concise, clean notes and integrates very well with Dragon

Nachteile: I have no cons to list about this software

An EMR That Allows Doctors to Practice as Doctors

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Marilyn S.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: There are so many great features about Praxis but one of the best is the ease with which it allows users to qualify for the various Quality Payment Programs. It prompts many of the necessary criteria so they cannot be missed; even if you forget, Praxis remembers. Beyond the satisfaction of creating documentation that reflects my own personal thinking and is not a cookie cutter template that looks like everyone else's template that becomes cumbersome to read because of the redundancy, the support service for Praxis is phenomenal. I get answers to my questions within minutes; there is no staying on hold and being transferred to several people while someone is frantically going through the same manual you already read. Support is available after hours and sometimes I get answers late at night. When I am really stuck I get a call from one of the designers of Praxis. The Praxis executive team's suggestions and insights have been extremely helpful and their personal commitment to this software is second to none. I have used several other software platforms, both in hospitals and in the office and this is definitely the best one out there if you value accurate, original documentation that helps you provide superior care to your patients.

Vorteile: Should you trust all of the rave reviews about Praxis? Yes. Why? Because Praxis allows you to be a doctor. With Praxis I get to practice medicine. Praxis was designed by actual physicians. I first learned of Praxis 10 years ago when I was investigating EMR software for a large group of colleagues. My committee and I recommended Praxis, but at that time the price point was high so the group chose another company that promised everything, but delivered nothing. They hated their choice. Several years ago I looked at Praxis again. The cost is now affordable and the company's commitment to maintaining a high quality EMR system that prioritizes superb patient care is still there. Other systems I've used are template driven. Coding and capturing documentation is what drives their software. Essentially they are a billing template in disguise. Praxis comes as close to producing a high quality note in exactly my own words as when I used to chart with pen and paper. It is true that initial documentation is not automatic; for the first few diagnoses I had to invest time to get the details entered. However, once I did that, future cases got faster until Praxis anticipates diagnoses and outlines a treatment plan about as quickly as I can think it. Praxis prompts me about relevant clinical elements which I may not have considered. The focus is on symptoms, impressions, and treatment; not ICD 10 codes, CPT codes, and a format that benefits the biller, not the patient.

Nachteile: It would be unrealistic to say there are no cons. However, the benefits of using Praxis every day with my patients far outweigh any drawbacks. The whole concept of EMRs leaves a lot to be desired, but Praxis makes that bitter pill much much easier to swallow.

Best EMR for customization

Bewertet am 24.6.2019
David G.
Physician/ Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With Praxis we are able to maintain independence and get the data we need to take care of our patients excellently while still providing big data answers to Medicare programs and insurers

Vorteile: Having been involved in implementation of 3 separate EMRs, Praxis satisfies all my requirements the best. It allows me to write intelligible notes that specialists and my co-workers can use, while tracking data in the way that suits the practice at the time (which changes frequently based on medical, government, ACO and insurance evolution). Praxis is my tool for tracking information the way I and others need to, while practicing and charting in a way which makes sense to me.

Nachteile: I wish the local hospitals were also on Praxis!

Thanks PRAXIS for an excellent product

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Mark L.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The most important step with starting out with PRAXIS is to realize that you will come with baggage, bad habits and workarounds from using your prior EMR and it is best to spend some time in identifying them and do not carry them into your implementation of PRAXIS.

Vorteile: A clean interface that allows me to do what I want without having to look thru multiple panels of non relevant information, poke thru menu lists or buttons. This really reduces operator fatigue , frustration leaving me fresh for the rest of the day.
All list boxes have a superb and fast search input line at the top a couple of keystrokes and I have what I want, no need to scroll thru endless lists.
I had been using another EMR and had developed habits that were causing me to duplicate work while writing a note. On starting with PRAXIS I had to look at what I was doing and ask myself " What is the essence of this encounter, what defines it" This was the hardest step because it involved changes in my behavior, and once this was done, and it did not take long to get up and running. I had been using templates before and they were huge structures that fit no encounter, they had to be modified, whittled into shape on the fly. PRAXIS solves the problem by having smaller elements of a note which are rapidly assembled into the structure without any editing because each element is the essence. I can get a note for a diabetic exam including a foot exam before seeing the next patient.
PRAXIS has a tremendous amount of automation, that diabetic patient will get an automatic recall for labs in x months.
Support is excellent, there is an online portal where questions are answered. I have used this on many occasions and response is quick and interactive. Someone , is replying to your questions within a minute and since it is a two way conversation you do not get a "canned" answer.
I have PRAXIS on my in house server, apparently 80% of users prefer the on line hosted version. I have used both and can find no difference in speed or utility. I will eventually migrate to hosted online version. This involves overnighting the drive to PRAXIS and you are up and running.

Nachteile: Nothing, it has been a great improvement over my last EMR. I can get notes completed within a few minutes of seeing a patient with diagnoses that carry appropriate RAF scores for the patients problems.

Praxis EMR has made my office more efficient, allowed me to document better and faster than my peers

Bewertet am 16.1.2018
Keyvan S.
CEO and physican of the group
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has made my office extremily efficient. It allowed me to document better, faster and provide better care for my patients. It has allowed my office to keep up with the regulations and the documentations necessary with the changes in the medicare payment model. It allowed my billing company to efficiently receive billing information electronically and start the billing process the same day the patient seen. It allowed me to be almost paperless by interfacing with imaging centers and laboratotries. I cannot say enought about this EMR, I dont know how we did without it in the past.

Vorteile: The use of Praxis is limited by your imagination. There is nothing that this EMR cannot do to make my practice easier. It has allowed me to provide better care to my patients, document better and keep up with the difficult regulations that are imposed on us. Support and training has been wonderfull and the team that administers this Praxis EMR company is caring and provide personal assitance.
With every upgrade, the system gets better, faster and it is truely better than all the EMRs that my colleagues have. I always finish the notes when I am done seeing the patients and I have access to my notes anywhere as long as I have internet access. Many of my peers who do not have Praxis EMR are not able to finish their charting due to the inefficiency of their EMR system. With Praxis EMR, the more I use it, the faster and more efficient it becomes for me to see patients.
With its setup, it has allowed me to keep up with all the regulations and documentation necessary for all the insurance companies. Even my billing is faster and more efficient. I can go on and on about how wondefull this EMR is......

Best of all the EMRs we have looked at

Bewertet am 23.3.2017
Ed C.
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Any EMR, and we looked at many of them, will take a few months to adapt to. That will be the same with Praxis. As much as that was a stress and slowed us down for a few weeks, we would never go back to paper nor have we ever seen a system that would be better for us than Praxis. One thing that impressed us was that Dr. Low, founder of the company, got involved personally when we were trying to make some adaptations to make Praxis better fit our practice. He is very much hands on and will do whatever is necessary to be sure you have a positive experience and a system that will work for you and your patients. Look at as many EMRs as you can and carefully chose the one that best fits you and your practice style. Don't make that choice lightly.

Vorteile: The system produces a document that reads very much like one you would dictate. It is very easy to customize and alter the "template" as often as necessary. Each clinician can have their own "template". The sentences show up grayed out and you simply click on the ones you want to include in the note. No drop down boxes to navigate. Chart review is easy, although it will be nice when you can open multiple windows at once side by side to compare visits or labs. The system has not slowed us down significantly compared to dictating. You can set up different physical exam templates so that follow up visits have a different set of choices than new patient visits. Our specialty is sleep medicine so we have not used the system to pull in labs, send out prescriptions or order tests, make follow up appointments, etc. One very nice feature is that you can set up the "templates" so that you can have an MA go in and basically read through the history "template" and click on the relevant bits. The clinician can come in, review it with the patient, and the history is complete and documented. All the clinician needs to do is click through the exam, click on an assessment and the plan and you are done. This allows you to complete the chart while you are there with the patient and go on to the next one. Praxis also makes it easy to review the charts of the mid-level providers (NPs and PAs) and sign off on them as their supervisor.

Nachteile: Not much in the way of Cons, just things to consider in looking at Praxis. A great deal of time will be necessary to put the "templates" together and modify them to your liking. It is time well spent to get it set up as close to perfect as possible. The process is simple. We just dictated our normal history and assessments into a Word doc, cut and pasted into the Praxis "template" and modified them a bit as time went along. It is time consuming but simple. The trainers are very good and can walk you through that. If you have a practice where the history and PE are fairly different and nuanced from one patient to another, neurology would be an example, this process will be somewhat more complex. You can dictate into the history section if you prefer to do that. The downside of doing that is that you cannot complete the chart in the room.

Non-Template Based EMR that is customizable just for my needs

Bewertet am 5.6.2019
Amor M.
President & CEO
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was in a group practice for 5 years until I resigned last September. During the 5 years in my former group, I was burdened by using E-clinical works - a template based EMR that I absolutely loathed. As an epileptologist, many of my cases have complicated neurological histories that do not necessary fit with a template based EMR documatation. In addition, many of my orders are the same for each patient yet, with E clinical works, I would have to click on the same orders over and over again - wasting time that would accrue over the busy day. Some of the layout of my notes was confusing with a lot of extraneous information added to notes automatically - that had no bearing on the patient care. When I started my new practice, I absolutely did not want to have a template-based system. Lo and behold, I came across Praxis. When I did the demo, it was great that Dr. Loh himself (the CEO and a fellow physician) showed me many of the unique features of Praxis. For the most part, I am so impressed by the concept processor in that many of my cases are somewhat similar to each other in terms of the orders. If I see a case, I automatically just click on the assessment that I have set up for other similar cases and boom - my note automatically populates with the wording and phrasology that I would normally use. I just have to modify some of the details and I save a lot of time this way than having to write the same history over and over again - as I did with Eclinical works.

Vorteile: - Ease of Use
- Customizable
- Saves Time
I am very happy with the template-free service. The cost is less than other EMRs (though this is not all in one EHR - I use Open Practice Solutions/Open PM as a practice management system that easily integrates with Praxis - still saving compared to Athena or other comprehensive EHR systems). Customer service is second to none especially with the initial "go live" team.

Nachteile: nothing so far. I am very happy with Praxis at this time.

Updated Praxis Review

Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Frederick M.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being a direct primary care practice, Praxis allowed great flexibility with documentation with the practice.

Vorteile: Software adapts each time you use it, learning from each note. Very attentive customer support. User friendly and intuitive. Personalized notes without templates. Great for DPC practices who don't need practice management software.

Nachteile: I can't think of any negatives, it works well across all types of practices.

I don't have to do any progress notes when I go home after work

Bewertet am 23.1.2018
Joshua B.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I finish my work quickly and I don't to work at home any more with this system. I don't ever want to give up using Praxis. I had to change from a pure template system where I could never finish my notes until I got home. Soapware was my old system.

Vorteile: This is an assessment-based EMR that works for the physician who needs to document the encounter. I built up my assessments and at this point, I finish my notes very rapidly and the notes are of very high quality. The system is easy to add orders and can be customized easily. I use the "agent" function to send orders and messages throughout our work flow. This system interfaces with my local lab so my office staff are never manually scanning in paper copies of lab work. I was thrilled to note how fast my remote connection functions with Praxis, even though I don't have the fastest internet. This is not a template system, which is great. Prescribing drugs through the e-prescribe function works well and is easy to use.

Nachteile: I don't have a lot to say from a negative perspective. My server is housed off-site, for cyper-security reasons. We did have irregular internet problem for a period of time, which meant that we did not have access to our records. I simply had my IT team get a firewall that could handle two internet sources. I have two internet suppliers and I always have access to my remote server and Praxis. Easy solution.

Awesomely pro-physician in meeting ever increasingly complex bureaucratic hoops.

Bewertet am 5.10.2017
John J.
Medical Director

Kommentare: As a solo primary care office and hospital Family Practice physician I work hard to make use of all the exceptional features available in both setting with this amazing software. That is why I rely so heavily on InforMeds exceptional training staff. I can manage my patients from the mountains, beach and even when a locum tenems is covering my practice in an emergency as long as I have internet access to connect to Praxis.

Vorteile: I have got to put in kudos to InfoMed for my Praxis EMR. I have no complaints about the support I have received as I completed my meaningful use Years 1-5 2010-2014 to earn my CMS incentive for early adoption. I have been waiting for approval for MIPS participation through the new 7th version for the new v 7 Praxis which was release and certified by for meaningful use a few weeks ago. 2018 will be our year to institute surface pro tablets for each provider and nurse to make us mobile in the hospital as well as in the office. Again I compliment Praxis for allowing me to capture all my charges at point of service, keeping my documentation bulletproof from retrospective level of service audits, streamline and update my maintenance of quality indicators and permitting to hyperlink my reference sites with my patients. I will now begin using the multiple diagnosis global assessments to streamline my documentation even further. Onward and upward. Thank you, InfoMed!

Excellent product, outstanding support

Bewertet am 16.10.2019
Philip O.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent. Fair pricing, excellent support, an EMR that allows flexibility and efficiency that I don't believe others can match.

Vorteile: This software allows the user to create documents in his/her own style and language, essentially re-usable for other patients with the same medical problem, and modifiable for patients who are similar but with some differences, greatly reducing the time it would otherwise take to create a whole new document from scratch. The documents can be built in a way that conveys meaningful information to the reader without sacrificing the requirements of third party payers, and in words and phrases that allow me to express precisely what I want to say without being locked into a computer programmer's verbage.
The support has been outstanding from not only the Trainers but from the engineers and server support staff as well.

Nachteile: I have not found any consistently negative features.

Praxis is the by far the best, most intuitive EMR I've ever used.

Bewertet am 11.1.2018
Steve E.
Physician

Vorteile: We transitioned to Praxis one year ago and the implementation was surprisingly smooth. Once Praxis begins to learn you and you continue to save more notes, charting begins to simply take care of itself. Where I used to be in the office until 7:00 or later charting, I now often leave the office at 5:30 with all my charts, phone calls, refills, etc... done. Since Praxis doesn't require you to click through templates, I get to spend the visit with the patient making eye contact not stuck behind a computer. Reimbursements continue to become more and more value based. Praxis easily helps you make sure you are hitting your benchmarks with the documentation to back it up. By utilizing a practice management solution that typically partners with Praxis, we are working on essentially automating the billing process. The ultimate EMR would be one that, when it is working at it's best, you would barely know that it was there. Instead you simply find yourself practicing medicine with a tool helping you do so efficiently and with excellence. In my experience Praxis is the only EMR that begins to fill that goal.

Nachteile: No EMR is perfect. Praxis has been beyond responsive to our requests for improvements. They are driven by the users and creating the best experience possible. It has been refreshing to have a software company listen to our concerns as opposed to telling what we want.

User friendly Non-template EMR

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Donald K.
MD Owner
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Praxis for over 15 years and watched it develop through improvements suggested by clinicians. Other EMRs seem to evolve from Administrator perspectives rather than clinician needs.
Support is amazing: rapid and effective.

Vorteile: The progress notes are in my words with no "template language."
The program flows in a clinic way without multiple non-intuitive clicking steps.
Impressive support staff with any problems fixed on-line while I continue to see patients.
I love the way the system saves individual patients unique findings so I don't have to rewrite them each visit.
New medical knowlege which will also be saved can be incorporated or modified and saved easily on the fly.

Nachteile: I wish they had a hospital version for my hospitalist work.

Best EMR for the money

Bewertet am 19.2.2020
Julius U.
Physician Owner
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used numerous EMR system in the past. In the clinic alone, this the third one we used. Praxis cuts back on my documentation time to less than an hour a day which is pretty good considering that I see > 20 patient a day. Technical support is outstanding. Very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable.

Vorteile: Functionalities that you can tailor to your needs. Live Technical support in case you need one.

Nachteile: The first week of use requires building your knowledge base and can be challenging. However, as created two or three documents, it gets easier every time.

Praxis is an Excellent EMR

Bewertet am 16.6.2017
Maria M.
Family Physician/ Clinic Owner
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am SO happy that I chose Praxis for my EMR. It is one of the best decisions that I made for my practice. I HIGHLY recommend it!!!!!

Vorteile: As a clinician, what I really, really like about Praxis is the way I can chart in my own style and words, without a rigid template being forced upon me. It allows me to document various types of clinic visits exactly the way that I would like to, and its concept processor allows me to build a library of knowledge as I chart patients which I can pull from for future applicable cases. It helps me be more thorough, careful and accurate in my documentation, and helps me chart faster, too! Praxis helps me be a better doctor. Another fabulous aspect of Praxis is their EXCELLENT customer service, by far the BEST that I had experienced when I was looking around for an EMR for my practice and has remained great since I've gone ahead and signed on with Praxis. Everyone that I have encountered on their team - my sales representative, the administrative staff, the implementation managers, my trainer, and Dr.Low himself, are all so professional, nice, helpful and knowledgeable. They are consistently prompt in getting back to me whenever I have any questions. They have consistently made me feel valued and supported as a client, and I appreciate that very much. Having Praxis makes transitioning to and having an EMR, which I thought would be a stressful and problematic experience, actually very enjoyable.

Excellent System. We would never go back to paper.

Bewertet am 2.6.2017
Edwin C.
Medical Director

Kommentare: It allowed us to have notes that "sounded like us", not like some robot. It is easy to change the "templates" as we go along. It gives us more complete notes.

Vorteile: We looked at most every large vendor system and all had the same limitation, you had to use templates so the notes sounded stilted or were simply unreadable. With Praxis our notes read as though we dictated them. They flow well and convey information in the way we think. Creating your own templates will take some time but you can modify them as you work. No need to call IT or tech support. You can dictate into the system as well, I think, but we never have done that. The trainers learned our practice style, a bit about our specialty (Sleep Medicine) and we decided to set the system up differently than is normally done. It worked great and Praxis software is flexible enough that we could do that. Most importantly, once we were up and running it didn't really slow us down. It also made for more complete notes. The query bit makes it easy to search your patient base when you are doing the Performance Improvement projects that the ACOs require.