Point of Rental Software Erfahrungen

Über Point of Rental Software

Diese Software ist laut Hersteller die meistgenutzte Miet- und Bestandsverwaltungssoftware für mehr als 5.000 Unternehmen weltweit, wobei ständig weitere Innovationen für den geschäftlichen Erfolg der Kunden entwickelt werden.

Erfahre mehr über Point of Rental Software

Once familiar the the software, set up was pretty easy and strait forward. Provided many features which our business needed including rental bundles.

I am basically a 3 month seasonal business and pay $1440.

Bewertungen zu Point of Rental Software

Point of Rental Software hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 146 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Point of Rental Software bereits verwendet?

Nazli
Nazli
Senior Account Executive in USA
Eventservice, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My Point of Rental Software story

Kommentare: I’ve been using Point of Rental Software since 2013 and I have absolutely using the software. The support staff is always there to help if you need them. I also really like the her help feature that allows you to read up on how to use the software.

Windows based Support team Ease of use Integrated website

Still working out the French translation

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Nazli! We're glad you're enjoying the software and our support staff. As you might have heard, we're making a push to get more French-friendly, having added a few French-speaking support team members and a French Canadian salesperson! We look forward to when we're able to be as magnifique in French as we are in English. =)

Paul
Managing Director in UK
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Overall a good product but better customer support / liaison could be given

Kommentare: Once the install was completed, the product is user friendly and easy to use. Any issues directed to the helpdesk are usually solved in a timely manner

Took a while to get the installation process done, but now we have been using Syrinx for 2 years without any major issues. Driver app and scheduler are great.

Stock checks, both sales stock and fleet on mobile device would be very useful.When we signed up we were promised an account manager who would be in contact with us throughout our time with POR, we do not know who our account manager is and they have not made contact in just over 2 years.

letztes Jahr

Hey Paul, we're glad Syrinx is working out great for you! I'll let our team know about your concern regarding having an account manager and we'll try to get that issue rectified as soon as possible. Can you email me so I make sure you're the right Paul G.? -Brian

Ellen
Office, Accounting & HR Manager in USA
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I won't tell you anything I haven't already told them...

Kommentare: Great time savings found through implementing Webpay & ESign. I would 100% recommend both.

Most of it works most of the time. There are many features which we'd like to use in a slightly different way but are frequently told that it can't do that. We've found a lot of value in paying to customize reports to meet our specific needs.

Getting anyone from support on the phone that can actually solve a problem is frustratingly tedious; they're all very nice, just not all helpful in a real way. Once you connect with someone who can solve an issue, they rock. We aren't impressed every time a human hears a suggestion/feedback and tells us to go add it to the peer voting system, generally that's why I'm communicating my needs/desires, not to go do it again or elsewhere. The sales team dropped so many balls on our account in the last year that I had to demand a new sales rep, who, due to all factors, delivered the information I was requesting a full three months later, eight months after I originally requested it.

vor 10 Monaten

Hey Ellen, thanks for leaving a review and we're glad that you're enjoying the software in general! I totally understand the frustration of feeling like you're being sent somewhere else when you have a suggestion, but let me offer the "why" so hopefully it's a bit less frustrating: uInnovate helps us manage requests from tens of thousands of Point of Rental users, see which are most desired and impactful, and prioritize solutions to implement. With dozens of developers and dozens of support agents, you can imagine the potential for miscommunication if we handled these requests internally. As a bonus for you, when you use uInnovate, you can see what others have suggested and (hopefully) that your request is already being worked on. =) We're also adding training for our first responders so they can address more issues immediately, preventing the need to wait for an expert; expertise takes time to develop, however. We look forward to continuing to work with you and hope to constantly improve your experience! -Brian

Todd
President in USA
Maschinerie, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great software with lots of innvovation but lacks some customization and support

Kommentare: POR is the main component in our business and without it we cannot conduct our operations. We have been with the system for over 20 years, seen lots of innovative features, and every version keeps getting better and better. Need more support on their staff and implementations are not smooth but its a great product.

Integrations, ease of use, many features, constantly evolving

Support is not good. Long hold times, inconsistent training on support, after hours support almost non-existent for a 24 hour business. Many times front line support is unaware of features and fixes and it is tough to speak to an experienced support person. Takes too long to get through, get calls back, and get support in the event of a catastrophic failure.

letztes Jahr

Todd, we're glad you're still enjoying the software after all these years! Regarding your support issues, I'd like to hear more, if you have the time. Can you email me back with some contact info (all I get from Capterra is a first name/last initial combo) and I'll have our SVP of Customer Experience reach out to you? -Brian

Angela
Sales Consultant and Marketing Director in USA
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

POR is much easier to use than Party Track!

Kommentare: We have had some glitches lately that have impacted our business - mostly from credit card issues. Most of the issues prior to that have been easy to fix and your representatives are always pleasant.

I love that it is an easy system to use. I have used Party Track before and I love POR way more!

I wish the sorting was easier to use so that items that go together always show up on the contract without having to physically sort each contract. I also wish some of the reports were easier to figure out. I hate the updates all the time since we have had to physically do them. However, we are moving to the cloud in July, so I'm excited for that to happen!

letztes Jahr

Hey Angela, we're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental! We're sorry about the recent CC issues; while it wasn't us creating 'em, we hope our team was able to resolve those quickly enough and that you're all set for the future. =) -Brian

Richard
Accounts Receivable Lead in USA

Rich Hardesty

Kommentare: After the learning curve it has been very positive with increased inventory and asset control as well as a much greater ability for a wider range of reports.

The software offers a much greater control over our equipment assets and out construction supply inventory.

So far I haven't experienced too much that I would change.

letztes Jahr

Hey Rich! Thanks for the review! We're glad you're enjoying the software and we'll do our best to ensure you continue to love it as your company grows. -Brian

Stephen
General Manager in Australien
Baumaterial, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Customer support is TOP TIER!

Kommentare: They have been excellent at providing the best customer service I have experienced in the rental software industry. It's easy to reach someone on their team when I need help, and they are fast to respond, unlike my previous rental software provider.

I found Syrinx to be easier to use and set up than many other products I have used in the past.

The look seems older, but I tell you what, it's far from old. It's very powerful and seems more rental customised than other rental systems I have used.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Stephen! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience and we appreciate working with you as well. =)

Walter
Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Point-of-Rental_Review

Point of Rental will answer the phone anytime of the day or night with their own employees to help with any problems that you might have. Not only are there a million reports we can run but the system is also very easy to use and train people to use.

if we want to add functions to the system to taylor them to our needs it is hard to get that done.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Hi Walter! Thanks for the kind words! We're glad you're enjoying the system and of course we'd love to make all the changes customers request - but when you have more than 5,000 customers, you get a lot of requests for tailored features. =) Are you using uInnovate to suggest ideas so your fellow rental experts can vote on them? That's the easiest way for us to see which customizations should be a priority so we can keep making the best, most beneficial possible software for everyone. Thanks again for being a part of the Point of Rental family and we look forward to working with you to help you and Taylor Rental be as successful as possible. =)

Andre
Directeur Régional in Kanada
, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Extremely happy with PoR. Excellent support from both the IT department and the support staff

Kommentare: Inventory sharing is great. We still have issues with the accounting aspect but mainly caused because we are new at using the software. Quick and easy to get information on a specific store. Also nice to have access to the databases. Reports are great as well.

The software is extremely easy to use. Training is less than 3 days. We like the inventory sharing as well.

Dispatch center needs to be upgraded. The maps are outdated and it is extremely difficult to route routes when you have to pick up equipment at different sites. The logistic tickets does not work for us. In many places in the software the system does not keep the filters or sort whenever coming in and out. The administration of users is really hard for us as we have over 500 employees. Not easy to find the user as you need to scroll down until you find the proper user.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thank you for that feedback, Andre! We appreciate your input, as it helps us guide the future of our software - we look forward to working with you to overcome the obstacles you're facing now and make the benefits even better!

Maria
Office Manager in Australien
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Even though I spoke to a new customer service representative, he still provided excellent services, popping me on hold to check things he was not 100% sure of. He was very polite and sorted out my enquiry very quickly.

N/A

Alina
owner in USA

It did not work for us

Kommentare: It was really not great. we work with many companies. There is a bit of give and take in each business relationship. With Point of Rental there were many promises and no quality follow-up. The process took many times longer, in the end, the software was not workable for us, the money was taken and not refunded. Their contract in fine lines guarantees that so please read carefully all fine print.

Point of Rental Software was presented to us as a Caddilac of rental software. It has many features and it seemed as it was capable of meeting and exceeding our needs.

The promises made during the steps leading to signing the contract and then implementing the software for us were not. The communications with us were sparse and low quality, not prepared. The structure of the whole process was to get to scheduling the training at which point it was obvious that the software does NOT work for us but several thousands of dollars were paid but not refunded.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Hey Alina, I'm sorry to hear you felt that way! I was just notified of this review today, and anything I say will be utterly inadequate as a response by this point. I've been told you've already had conversations with members of our sales team, but I'm reaching out to you via email to try to figure out where everything seemed to go wrong from your perspective - we're updating our implementation processes and I want to ensure that we don't run into the same situation with anyone else. -Brian

Jyles
Customer Service Associate in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Simple to use, but requires learning, buggy and prone to crashing

Kommentare: Without the system, management of transactions and reservations would be difficult. Despite some notable quality dips, it is baseline functional.

Fairly easy to use. Solid organization.

Will frequently crash. Looking up maintenance can also bug out and show an empty log that will not go away until entire window is closed. UI and UX requires a lot of back and forth between pages to accomplish fairly simple tasks such as finding invoices/barcodes. Invoices are not in an obvious spot in between the log and notes. Learning curve is made higher due to back-and-forth menuing that is not obvious at first for newer users and employees. Prone to crashes during contract sign-up when taking too long. Photos don't show up at first in several menus (prepare item for send-out) and don't show until after item is sent out for received.

letztes Jahr

Jyles, thanks for the feedback! Y'all are definitely an outlier as far as our typical users and I'm hoping you've let our support and/or development team know about the issues you're facing - we're very much committed to making the software work well for you - both throughout the entire company and for those at the rental counter. -Brian

Simon
Director in UK
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Users experience

Kommentare: Positive experience using the software and simplifies the accounting/bookkeeping process

Equipment management which includes all the associated consumables.

when adding new equipment to an open contract the software does not autofill the associated equipment for the new item e.g. A new hire contract for tower scaffolding will autofill the associated components but if an additional tower is added the software does not autofill the components required.There is no feature to invoice cash customers monthly for equipment on hire.

letztes Jahr

Hey Simon, we're glad you're enjoying the software overall. Can you contact our support team at uksupport@pointofrental.com about the issues you've raised? I think both of these things should be possible with the software, but they'll be able to give you a better answer than I would about how you can do these things. (And if, for some reason, they aren't possible, please submit those ideas in uInnovate; they seem like something the software should do.) -Brian

Bryan
General Manager in Kanada

Great Program

Kommentare: Overall I like using POR daily. From rentals to purchse orders and account management, all of it is easy to use.

Ease of use is amazing. I've been in the rental industry for 19 years and have used multiple rental programs and Point of Rental is by far the most efficient and easiest to use.

I would like an option for equipment to go into a "hold" stage after it is returned instead of goig straight to green for available. This would help with reservations and fleet management.

letztes Jahr

Hi Bryan! We're glad you love the software. I'm pretty sure there's a way to put equipment in a hold stage when it's returned - you might want to email support for instructions on how to do that (I've just been told that people do it in their businesses). -Brian

marty
sales in USA

point of rental

Kommentare: I like how POR is set up for everyday use. Especially for searching either equipment or customers.

The search feature for both looking up Customers and Equipment.They are both easy to find what you are looking for.

My biggest concern personally with POR is that I don't like how reports are exported into Xcel. They don't transfer smoothly, there is too much excess that is not needed and it takes too long to remove it for the reports to be efficient.

letztes Jahr

Hey Marty, thanks for the review! We're glad it's set up well for your everyday needs, and I'm letting our product team know about your reports concern - I know I hate having to clean up reports when I have to generate them, too. =) -Brian

Mark
Asst. Store Mgr./Rental Mgr. in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome Product

It is easy to use, and easy to train new personnel on. Once you have the basics of the program down, it pretty easy to dive deeper into the programming and start retrieving all the benefits of POR.

Personally, the mundane stuff like changing passwords every three months. I understand why but annoying.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for the review, Mark! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future! -Brian

Douglas
President in USA

POR review

Ease of training. Ability to monitor asset income

We need better integration between POR & Bookkeeping. Currently these is no integration between POR & QuickBooks

letztes Jahr

Hey Douglas, glad you enjoy the software! There's definitely an integration between all of our software products and Quickbooks, although because there are a few different versions of our software and several different versions of Quickbooks, some integrations may work better than others. Can you send me an email (I'm going to include it in a private response) and I will get your information to someone who can help you better than I would be able to? -Brian

Zack
Branch Manager in USA

User friendly and intuitive

The software is very easy to navigate. Very user friendly and constantly updating with new technologies and processes. Integration was simple enough, and rolling out the software to employees was painless. Training went smooth and had very minimal issues with older employees learning the new system.

Database cleanup after the initial merge was difficult. None of the equipment specs transferred over from old operating system so we had to manually do that.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Zack! We're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental and we look forward to working with you and your team for a long time. =)

Brian
VP Operations in USA

Best Software I have ever dealt with

Kommentare: After dealing with rental software for 15+ years, we made the change to POR and I can't believe how good they are. I regret not making the switch 10 years earlier. POR is rental specific and they have made our process very seamless. THE best in the industry!!

Everything!!! Value, ease of operation, reports, functionality, service second to none

If I have to point our something...They are in Texas and we are in Georgia. So we are operating a couple of hours before they arrive...but they have always had an "early bird" on call to answer the simple technical questions.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Brian! We're glad to have had you as part of the Point of Rental family for so long and we're excited to continue to work with you and Northeast Georgia Rentals (even if it means we have to come in early =) )!

Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Rental software for growing company

Kommentare: good training during implementation, very good phone support, stable platform with good updates

Continuation Billing process, Day at a glance, Integrated Payment Processing, PO processing

Paying for optional module that do not work out after 1 month , no refund on balance of year term.

letztes Jahr

Hi John! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience - thank you for the review! -Brian

Cindy
OWNER in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Point of Rental Rental Essentials

Kommentare: From 1-10. 10 being amazing...they are a 100 😊

I came to Point of Rental when my ow EXPENSIVE rental system crashed big time. Without my system, and found out just how poor customer service was with their competitor I was ready to give up. Then we heard of Point of Rental. Apprehensive we moved slowly with lots of hands on before deciding. Best advice I can give, DO IT. Do not wait. Best decision I have ever made.

I love my Tech Support person, She knows the ins and outs and I am so blessed by her service. I do feel the other Tech support people can take the lead from rep.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Cindy! We're glad to have you as part of the Point of Rental family. =)

Tim
Parts/Developememt in USA
Einzelhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Versatile software

Kommentare: We have already solved alot of our issues using point of rental and looking forward to use the future to updates to help us take it to the next level

I like how many options there are with the software. I alsonoike the way we can have a say so in new features of the software.

Dont like inspection/Workforce. They both needs some features to make them a complete app. Sometimes I also feel that you have to click to many windows to go through some of the options.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for reviewing us and for helping ensure we'll continue to innovate, Tim! We're glad you're with us and we look forward to helping East Tennessee Rent-Alls "take it to the next level" as we add features to our apps based on your (and our other users') feedback.

Sandy
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Big Bounce

Kommentare: Awesome!

The control I have over every aspect of each rental, my products, the pricing, the photos. being able to just change the date of an event for a returning customer, instead of having to put in a whole new order. The time it saves me.

I want to get rid of stripe, and keep everything with point of rental.

letztes Jahr

Hey Sandy - we're glad you're having a great time with the software! We'll work on setting you up with a different payment processor - I'm 95% sure this is possible, but let me talk to our payments experts and have them reach out to you. -Brian

Eric
Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

feedback

Kommentare: Overall the system works and is a good system for rentals.

Overall it is a good system. Has some good functions that help.

Overall Speed, crashes, printing problems that happen daily with no fixes, or solutions.

letztes Jahr

Hey Eric, we're glad that overall you think Point of Rental is a good system. The crashing and printing problems shouldn't be happening. Can you email me with some more information so I can pass along your contact info to our management team and hopefully we can get you the smooth, easy-to-use experience we pride ourselves on? -Brian

Great System

Kommentare: It has been a valuable addition to our organization.

It is easy to train employees and easy to manipulate for individual use.

I would like to understand the fullest potential of the system.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Michael! If you'd like to really get into every aspect of the software with our team, we'd love to have you at our International Conference in November! You can register at conference.point-of-rental.com. =) It's three days of time spent on courses covering each module and processes, with one-on-one time to address your specific questions. (And of course there's lots of time to network with fellow rental experts and the rest of our staff).