Point of Rental Software Erfahrungen

Über Point of Rental Software

Diese Software ist laut Hersteller die meistgenutzte Miet- und Bestandsverwaltungssoftware für mehr als 5.000 Unternehmen weltweit, wobei ständig weitere Innovationen für den geschäftlichen Erfolg der Kunden entwickelt werden.

Erfahre mehr über Point of Rental Software

I am basically a 3 month seasonal business and pay $1440.

Bewertungen zu Point of Rental Software

Point of Rental Software hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 145 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Point of Rental Software bereits verwendet?

Nazli
Nazli
Senior Account Executive in USA
Eventservice, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My Point of Rental Software story

Kommentare: I’ve been using Point of Rental Software since 2013 and I have absolutely using the software. The support staff is always there to help if you need them. I also really like the her help feature that allows you to read up on how to use the software.

Windows based Support team Ease of use Integrated website

Still working out the French translation

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Nazli! We're glad you're enjoying the software and our support staff. As you might have heard, we're making a push to get more French-friendly, having added a few French-speaking support team members and a French Canadian salesperson! We look forward to when we're able to be as magnifique in French as we are in English. =)

Paul
Managing Director in UK
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Overall a good product but better customer support / liaison could be given

Kommentare: Once the install was completed, the product is user friendly and easy to use. Any issues directed to the helpdesk are usually solved in a timely manner

Took a while to get the installation process done, but now we have been using Syrinx for 2 years without any major issues. Driver app and scheduler are great.

Stock checks, both sales stock and fleet on mobile device would be very useful.When we signed up we were promised an account manager who would be in contact with us throughout our time with POR, we do not know who our account manager is and they have not made contact in just over 2 years.

vor 10 Monaten

Hey Paul, we're glad Syrinx is working out great for you! I'll let our team know about your concern regarding having an account manager and we'll try to get that issue rectified as soon as possible. Can you email me so I make sure you're the right Paul G.? -Brian

Ellen
Office, Accounting & HR Manager in USA
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I won't tell you anything I haven't already told them...

Kommentare: Great time savings found through implementing Webpay & ESign. I would 100% recommend both.

Most of it works most of the time. There are many features which we'd like to use in a slightly different way but are frequently told that it can't do that. We've found a lot of value in paying to customize reports to meet our specific needs.

Getting anyone from support on the phone that can actually solve a problem is frustratingly tedious; they're all very nice, just not all helpful in a real way. Once you connect with someone who can solve an issue, they rock. We aren't impressed every time a human hears a suggestion/feedback and tells us to go add it to the peer voting system, generally that's why I'm communicating my needs/desires, not to go do it again or elsewhere. The sales team dropped so many balls on our account in the last year that I had to demand a new sales rep, who, due to all factors, delivered the information I was requesting a full three months later, eight months after I originally requested it.

vor 7 Monaten

Hey Ellen, thanks for leaving a review and we're glad that you're enjoying the software in general! I totally understand the frustration of feeling like you're being sent somewhere else when you have a suggestion, but let me offer the "why" so hopefully it's a bit less frustrating: uInnovate helps us manage requests from tens of thousands of Point of Rental users, see which are most desired and impactful, and prioritize solutions to implement. With dozens of developers and dozens of support agents, you can imagine the potential for miscommunication if we handled these requests internally. As a bonus for you, when you use uInnovate, you can see what others have suggested and (hopefully) that your request is already being worked on. =) We're also adding training for our first responders so they can address more issues immediately, preventing the need to wait for an expert; expertise takes time to develop, however. We look forward to continuing to work with you and hope to constantly improve your experience! -Brian

Todd
President in USA
Maschinerie, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great software with lots of innvovation but lacks some customization and support

Kommentare: POR is the main component in our business and without it we cannot conduct our operations. We have been with the system for over 20 years, seen lots of innovative features, and every version keeps getting better and better. Need more support on their staff and implementations are not smooth but its a great product.

Integrations, ease of use, many features, constantly evolving

Support is not good. Long hold times, inconsistent training on support, after hours support almost non-existent for a 24 hour business. Many times front line support is unaware of features and fixes and it is tough to speak to an experienced support person. Takes too long to get through, get calls back, and get support in the event of a catastrophic failure.

vor 10 Monaten

Todd, we're glad you're still enjoying the software after all these years! Regarding your support issues, I'd like to hear more, if you have the time. Can you email me back with some contact info (all I get from Capterra is a first name/last initial combo) and I'll have our SVP of Customer Experience reach out to you? -Brian

Angela
Sales Consultant and Marketing Director in USA
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

POR is much easier to use than Party Track!

Kommentare: We have had some glitches lately that have impacted our business - mostly from credit card issues. Most of the issues prior to that have been easy to fix and your representatives are always pleasant.

I love that it is an easy system to use. I have used Party Track before and I love POR way more!

I wish the sorting was easier to use so that items that go together always show up on the contract without having to physically sort each contract. I also wish some of the reports were easier to figure out. I hate the updates all the time since we have had to physically do them. However, we are moving to the cloud in July, so I'm excited for that to happen!

vor 11 Monaten

Hey Angela, we're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental! We're sorry about the recent CC issues; while it wasn't us creating 'em, we hope our team was able to resolve those quickly enough and that you're all set for the future. =) -Brian

Richard
Accounts Receivable Lead in USA

Rich Hardesty

Kommentare: After the learning curve it has been very positive with increased inventory and asset control as well as a much greater ability for a wider range of reports.

The software offers a much greater control over our equipment assets and out construction supply inventory.

So far I haven't experienced too much that I would change.

vor 10 Monaten

Hey Rich! Thanks for the review! We're glad you're enjoying the software and we'll do our best to ensure you continue to love it as your company grows. -Brian

Stephen
General Manager in Australien
Baumaterial, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Customer support is TOP TIER!

Kommentare: They have been excellent at providing the best customer service I have experienced in the rental software industry. It's easy to reach someone on their team when I need help, and they are fast to respond, unlike my previous rental software provider.

I found Syrinx to be easier to use and set up than many other products I have used in the past.

The look seems older, but I tell you what, it's far from old. It's very powerful and seems more rental customised than other rental systems I have used.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Stephen! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience and we appreciate working with you as well. =)

Richard
SERVICE MANAGER in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Equipment Service Manager USER

Kommentare: Once i finally understood the methods of POR and really learned how to use it, i found that POR is actually quite helpful. i no longer need pen and paper and use my cell phone for notes. POR has made my life easy at work. and when i have a little trouble with the system and or have questions, then the calling POR help desk has never let me down.

1. easy way to view equipment from multiple stores all at once2. easy way to track hard down equipment by setting up priorities3. PO/invoice management is a breeze4. mobile workforce is an absolute game changer in our industry. we are able to capture more income from customers using this feature to our advantage.5. the separation of hard down equipment vs just simple check in equipment is excellent.

1. dispatching and routing needs a major update. if you are needing a easy way to automatically add or building a recurring route for the day and or week then this feature is NOT for you. 2. adding items into a multi-store POR system and itemizing by part numbers is a chore.

vor 10 Monaten

Hey Richard! We're glad you're getting a lot of value out of the software. Dispatching and routing should be fairly easy to set up for recurring routes, but we'd recommend y'all reaching out to our consulting or training teams; they would be able to work with you to examine your current processes and how to accomplish it within POR. You can contact them here: pointofrental.com/consulting. I hope that helps! -Brian

Stephanie
Client Services Specialist in Kanada
Eventservice, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent - Once You Learn It

Kommentare: Been using the software for 10 years now, wouldn't want to try anything else. For an intermediate-advanced computer user, the software is amazing. For most beginners, it is a struggle to learn and maintain.

We are able to run 80% of our business completely using POR, however the 20% that we want to include and/or improve upon is difficult to figure out, as it is very difficult to find articles/help tasks to self teach, and the support team of POR is so busy it takes a long time to get answers from them!

Very few training features - we have to incorporate internal company knowledge and printouts for all new hires, which is very time consuming. Very few important suggestions of UInnovate seem to happen, other than being noted as considered for future implementation.

vor 10 Monaten

Hi Stephanie! We're glad that overall, you're enjoying the software. We recognize that with such a robust software, it can take a while to get people trained up on it - we recently developed and rolled out uLearn (which builds on NetHelp by adding some additional search features and new video tutorials). It sounds like you'll also be excited to learn that we're in the process of rolling out a Learning Portal, which will have training and certificate processes so you're able to assign new hires coursework for self-paced learning. =D -Brian

Simon
Director in UK
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Users experience

Kommentare: Positive experience using the software and simplifies the accounting/bookkeeping process

Equipment management which includes all the associated consumables.

when adding new equipment to an open contract the software does not autofill the associated equipment for the new item e.g. A new hire contract for tower scaffolding will autofill the associated components but if an additional tower is added the software does not autofill the components required.There is no feature to invoice cash customers monthly for equipment on hire.

vor 10 Monaten

Hey Simon, we're glad you're enjoying the software overall. Can you contact our support team at uksupport@pointofrental.com about the issues you've raised? I think both of these things should be possible with the software, but they'll be able to give you a better answer than I would about how you can do these things. (And if, for some reason, they aren't possible, please submit those ideas in uInnovate; they seem like something the software should do.) -Brian

Alina
owner in USA

It did not work for us

Kommentare: It was really not great. we work with many companies. There is a bit of give and take in each business relationship. With Point of Rental there were many promises and no quality follow-up. The process took many times longer, in the end, the software was not workable for us, the money was taken and not refunded. Their contract in fine lines guarantees that so please read carefully all fine print.

Point of Rental Software was presented to us as a Caddilac of rental software. It has many features and it seemed as it was capable of meeting and exceeding our needs.

The promises made during the steps leading to signing the contract and then implementing the software for us were not. The communications with us were sparse and low quality, not prepared. The structure of the whole process was to get to scheduling the training at which point it was obvious that the software does NOT work for us but several thousands of dollars were paid but not refunded.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Hey Alina, I'm sorry to hear you felt that way! I was just notified of this review today, and anything I say will be utterly inadequate as a response by this point. I've been told you've already had conversations with members of our sales team, but I'm reaching out to you via email to try to figure out where everything seemed to go wrong from your perspective - we're updating our implementation processes and I want to ensure that we don't run into the same situation with anyone else. -Brian

Sue
OWNER in USA

Used to love them

Kommentare: Always loved their support staff, quick to respond and most often fixed the issue or could show you how it happened, rarely had to contact them as the system ran pretty smoothly, the updates install themselves so no need to get everyone out of the system for upgrades. In the last year, they have changed so much, and often switch it back, and it no longer works properly, updates have to be done manually, screens have changed, support is non-existent, email and wait a week for a reply, if that. Been working on an issue now since last August, just gets worse instead of fixed and no reason why it is happening.

Loved the software when I got it, training module is fantastic, ability to learn it easily is great, input is quite simple and usually fixable if you make a mistake, handles multiple locations, does depreciation.

Resale parts handling, reporting, receiving, pricing, inventory counting.

Jyles
Customer Service Associate in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Simple to use, but requires learning, buggy and prone to crashing

Kommentare: Without the system, management of transactions and reservations would be difficult. Despite some notable quality dips, it is baseline functional.

Fairly easy to use. Solid organization.

Will frequently crash. Looking up maintenance can also bug out and show an empty log that will not go away until entire window is closed. UI and UX requires a lot of back and forth between pages to accomplish fairly simple tasks such as finding invoices/barcodes. Invoices are not in an obvious spot in between the log and notes. Learning curve is made higher due to back-and-forth menuing that is not obvious at first for newer users and employees. Prone to crashes during contract sign-up when taking too long. Photos don't show up at first in several menus (prepare item for send-out) and don't show until after item is sent out for received.

vor 10 Monaten

Jyles, thanks for the feedback! Y'all are definitely an outlier as far as our typical users and I'm hoping you've let our support and/or development team know about the issues you're facing - we're very much committed to making the software work well for you - both throughout the entire company and for those at the rental counter. -Brian

Mary
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Customer Support used to be great, now you can't get them on the phone!

Kommentare: In the last 6 months:
1. we can't get anyone to call us back after we leave a message for support - they are always too busy to help us when we call in.
2. we can't get them to help us with new issues - such as scanning a new drivers license (POR blames the scan company, the scan company blames POR). We were sold on your system in large part due to this feature - and now we won't be able to use it!
3. today we got someone who had an attitude that was really not needed on the phone - when I asked to speak with someone else to help us, I had to request this 3x before she would agree to let me speak to someone else.

Great features for our industry. Used to love the way we could scan in a drivers license or info and photo, but now we don't have that option for the new MN drivers license. Like that the website automatically updates from information we input about our inventory!

Redundant features - having to click many times to close a contract when it is a simple close with no changes.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Mary, we're sorry to hear we haven't been living up to our standards in your interactions with us. Our team has investigated the issues and we've reached out to explain what's happened and how we're resolving those issues - hopefully you'll be able to return Keith's call. We look forward to working with you to ensure this doesn't happen again, for you or others. We're glad you're a part of the Point of Rental family and thank you for keeping us accountable!

Harmony
Executive Administrator in USA

Point of Rental Software

Our last system was so old it was dying on us. Point of Rental made it easy for us to move from our old system to the new one. One of the most outstanding things about Point of Rental is the website. We have our rental website up within our store website. Also we really like the feature of being able to import images of the equipment before the contract goes out and importing the images when the equipment is brought back before the contract is closed. The help desk for this software has been overall been great.

In the beginning I had to watch a lot of tutorials on my own in order to figure out just exactly how to use it. Also I thought the integration with Paladin was going to be something completely different than how it is now.

vor 11 Monaten

Thanks for the review, Harmony! We're glad you enjoy the software and that our documentation and tutorials are helpful - our L&D team works really hard to make those and to keep them updated. -Brian

Eric
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Nice interface, poor customer support

Kommentare: I really want to like this application/software as is is easy to use and well though through, but there are many glaring issues that are driving me to look elsewhere.

The interface is nice, clean, and easy to navigate. Once familiar the the software, set up was pretty easy and strait forward. Provided many features which our business needed including rental bundles.

No easy way to quickly look at availability for the coming week. I found this frustrating when I had a customer on the phone and we wanted to get a snapshot of availability. Customer support is awful if you are not one of their Expert or Elite customers. I only have the Essentials package and the one person I actually got a hold of said she could not help me and to send an email. I had already set two before this call to no avail. The funny thing is I want to add features and possibly switch to a different/higher package. I am also not impressed with their website integration. I have my own wordpress site and all they offer is an iframe. This is not an integration, it is placing another website on a page in your website. They really need to work on providing better integration.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Hi Eric! Thanks for the (mostly) positive review. Item availability is most easily accessed via the item screen - you can see availability not just for the week, but for the entire month of each item you rent. Hopefully that helps! Essentials' customer service is comparable to that of other cloud-based rental softwares; part of what makes the software so affordable is that customer service is entirely web-based. That said, you should be receiving responses to emails within a day (depending on when you send the email; usually it'll take less time). If you'd like to switch packages, add features, or just check out a demo, our sales team is back from our annual conference and would be happy to work with you to figure out how to get us back on track. -Brian

General Manager in USA

Great Software for Rental Companies

Kommentare: Great software with the best dispatch module by far for any party rental.

The dispatch module is by far the best I have seen. There is no doubt that POR has the edge on this part above every competitor. This feature alone can save your company a lot of money.

I feel the customer service has been affected the more and more companies that obtain POR.

vor 11 Monaten

Thanks John! We're glad you're enjoying the software and that dispatch is helping you achieve your goals. We've definitely had some challenges with maintaining a consistent customer experience since 2020, but we're investing heavily in our training and customer support teams to get them back to our long-time customers' expectations. -Brian

mike
Rental Operations Manager in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The in's and out's of POR

Kommentare: explained above.

all of the available functions, it could be a all in one system

There is no "return needs checked out" function for when rental equipment comes back. If you complete the contract, the equipment comes right back to available. What about a time delay after completing the contract (so you can get the customer finished up/handled), but then to get the equipment back to "available", it needs to be sent to a "returned needs checked" waiting screen. Then the mechanics or shop lead would close that out after it's been checked out, verifying it is actually ready to rent..

vor 11 Monaten

Hey Mike! There's definitely a way to accomplish what you're trying to accomplish in our software. Can you email me (Capterra only gives me a first name and last initial) and I'll connect you with someone who can help you get it set up? -Brian

Douglas
President in USA

POR review

Ease of training. Ability to monitor asset income

We need better integration between POR & Bookkeeping. Currently these is no integration between POR & QuickBooks

vor 11 Monaten

Hey Douglas, glad you enjoy the software! There's definitely an integration between all of our software products and Quickbooks, although because there are a few different versions of our software and several different versions of Quickbooks, some integrations may work better than others. Can you send me an email (I'm going to include it in a private response) and I will get your information to someone who can help you better than I would be able to? -Brian

Bonnie
Store Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Rental Review

Kommentare: About the same as other rental programs

The ease of finding a rental item and renting it.

Sometime confusing on which screen to find something

vor 11 Monaten

Hey Bonnie! We're glad our software makes it easier for you to rent things. =D If you need help figuring out what screen you need to be in for particular actions, uLearn is a great resource and has hundreds of video tutorials and thousands of help articles to guide you through things. And if you have suggestions for what might make it better, let us know about them in uInnovate! We'd love to make the software even easier to use. =) -Brian

PURCHASING ADMIN in USA

Purchasing/Admin

Kommentare: fairley good customer service has gone way down hill since the pandemic

ease of use intergrated with old software

no way to back out of a contract page must delete or complete contract

vor 11 Monaten

Hey John! We're glad you're finding the software easy to operate. You ought to be able to back out of contract pages fairly easily in all of our products - can you email me and let me know more about what you mean, specifically (and which software product you're using)? -Brian

Loreal
Hr Manager in USA
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy software to use. I love that it keeps everything on file

Kommentare: Good. No problems

the smooth process of doing inventory, and how easy it is to go through accounts.

I wish there was an easy way to break down certain items for when I bonus my team based on products

vor 11 Monaten

Loreal, thanks for the review! We're glad you're finding Point of Rental easy to use and that it's able to take care of your needs. Happy renting! -Brian

Sandy
CEO in USA
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Big Bounce

Kommentare: Awesome!

The control I have over every aspect of each rental, my products, the pricing, the photos. being able to just change the date of an event for a returning customer, instead of having to put in a whole new order. The time it saves me.

I want to get rid of stripe, and keep everything with point of rental.

vor 11 Monaten

Hey Sandy - we're glad you're having a great time with the software! We'll work on setting you up with a different payment processor - I'm 95% sure this is possible, but let me talk to our payments experts and have them reach out to you. -Brian

Eric
Manager in USA

feedback

Kommentare: Overall the system works and is a good system for rentals.

Overall it is a good system. Has some good functions that help.

Overall Speed, crashes, printing problems that happen daily with no fixes, or solutions.

vor 11 Monaten

Hey Eric, we're glad that overall you think Point of Rental is a good system. The crashing and printing problems shouldn't be happening. Can you email me with some more information so I can pass along your contact info to our management team and hopefully we can get you the smooth, easy-to-use experience we pride ourselves on? -Brian

Amber
Event Specialist in USA
Eventservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Alway Helpful and Fast

I like that there is so much to it, I am still learning what all it can do for the business

If we had a little more ability to correct things without customer support it would be easier than calling and waiting on the line, while customer support is always great it would be nice to just be able to fix it on our own within the software.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for the review, Amber! Hopefully some of the uLearn documentation and training videos that we added in mid-October will help y'all handle more of those data changes on your own. =)