Über Point of Rental Software

Diese Software ist laut Hersteller die meistgenutzte Miet- und Bestandsverwaltungssoftware für mehr als 5.000 Unternehmen weltweit, wobei ständig weitere Innovationen für den geschäftlichen Erfolg der Kunden entwickelt werden.

Erfahre mehr über Point of Rental Software

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Point of Rental Software bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Nazli R.
Nazli R.
Senior Account Executive in USA
Eventservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

My Point of Rental Software story

Kommentare: I’ve been using Point of Rental Software since 2013 and I have absolutely using the software. The support staff is always there to help if you need them. I also really like the her help feature that allows you to read up on how to use the software.

Windows based Support team Ease of use Integrated website

Still working out the French translation

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Nazli! We're glad you're enjoying the software and our support staff. As you might have heard, we're making a push to get more French-friendly, having added a few French-speaking support team members and a French Canadian salesperson! We look forward to when we're able to be as magnifique in French as we are in English. =)

Daryl S.
Daryl S.
Sales Team Leader in USA
Eventservice, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great software, even better support

Kommentare: Overall, we enjoy using POR. We have moved to POR six years ago and we wouldn't go anywhere else if we had to make the decision again.

This is the gold standard of rental software. Their support is legendary. They have many years of experience in the industry. Most of their staff come from the rental industry Their software is very feature rich (more than anything else I've ever seen. They have a wonderful system to manage availability of rental items They are very responsive to requested features from their users. New features are being added to allow customers pay and ask for quotes online. Data can be pulled into other software for analysis and reporting.

Their support quality has suffered as they have grown very quickly in the past few years. It is legacy software which makes it a bit less user friendly and difficult to learn. It is required to be run on a Remote Desktop server. So, the full functionality is not available easily on mobile devices.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Daryl! We're glad to have you as a part of the Point of Rental family and we think you'll be excited about the direction we're taking the software in the future as we increase accessibility and focus on ease of use. We're also excited to see our new Pointers become the trusted experts that you love to talk to in the future because they're so knowledgeable. =)

Jimmy F.

Too Many Limitations for Any Serious Business to Consider for Online Bookings

Kommentare: It's one thing to have issues. Software is buggy. It's always evolving. But to have to pay $75/month for the right to call them and get help? Just awful. That would maybe be tolerable if they had a chat option. Nope. Or if they responded to emails swiftly. Nope. If you have a critical issue, you are on your own. Good luck. Your customers pay the price and you lose the business.

The back end is fine. Not great. It gets the job done, but the interface and UI for online is antiquated. There are so many platforms out there with slick functionality and workflow that they're getting left behind without some SERIOUS upgrades.

I can't say it all in 1,500 characters. Let's start with customer service. You actually have to pay $75 for phone customer service with most plans. Huh? That means either 1) you're likely to have so many issues that it's worth $75 to get help fixing them, or 2) They don't want to assist their customers unless they can extort an extra $75 for the honor. Absurd. We work with dozens of SaS companies, and nobody else does this. Now to online bookings: If you take bookings online you need to look elsewhere. Don't even consider Point of Rental. The online functionality is absolutely terrible. Scary bad. Cart abandonment is the #1 issue facing web businesses these days, and creating redundant and unnecessary steps in the checkout process just can't happen.This is Ecommerce 101, don't stand between your customers and payment. As it sits right now, the POR checkout needs an overhaul. 1) Customers need the option to check out as a guest. Quick checkout. Every online business in the world offers this option. To make matters worse, the customer has to navigate back to their email after signing up for an account to confirm their email, and then navigate back to the site. Only to be hit with a Recaptca verification. After they've already verified their email. So they have to prove that they are who they are twice. Why can't they just pay and get their stuff? That's not to even mention all of the bugs with the checkout process. I don't know why they make it so difficult.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: EZRentOut

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Point of Rental Software: Because I'm an idiot.

vor 7 Monaten

Hey Jimmy, thanks for the feedback. Our support team will be reaching out shortly to help with any issues you're currently having. They'll also be able to show you how to access our support team via chat.

Managing Partner in USA
Maschinerie, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Equipment Rental Store Owner

Kommentare: Point of Rental is the central hub for our business, and is where we do nearly 100% of our day-to-day tasks. There is no better dedicated product on the market for a rental business, but be aware that not all of the additional features are worth the price of admission.

Point of Rental is basically handling every facet of a rental business, from time clock to inventory to depreciation to reservations and missed rental tracking.

The software has clearly been added to and modified over time, and the UI is uneven and inconsistent in many places. Many of the modules have only very basic functionality or are overly complicated to use.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

We're glad you're continuing to enjoy the software - we feel that one of the advantages to having so many additional features is that it allows you to only add the features that will be worth it for your business (with thousands of businesses using the software, there are going to be a lot of differing requirements). That said, if you have recommendations for improvements in any modules, you can either submit them via uInnovate (link found in your software) or contact us directly at support@pointofrental.com and we'll see what we can do! Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family and for providing solid feedback!

Walter B.
Manager in USA

Point-of-Rental_Review

Point of Rental will answer the phone anytime of the day or night with their own employees to help with any problems that you might have. Not only are there a million reports we can run but the system is also very easy to use and train people to use.

if we want to add functions to the system to taylor them to our needs it is hard to get that done.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Hi Walter! Thanks for the kind words! We're glad you're enjoying the system and of course we'd love to make all the changes customers request - but when you have more than 5,000 customers, you get a lot of requests for tailored features. =) Are you using uInnovate to suggest ideas so your fellow rental experts can vote on them? That's the easiest way for us to see which customizations should be a priority so we can keep making the best, most beneficial possible software for everyone. Thanks again for being a part of the Point of Rental family and we look forward to working with you to help you and Taylor Rental be as successful as possible. =)

Christina P.
Christina P.
Controller in USA
Eventservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great experience, always something new to learn.

Kommentare: Staying on the forefront of technology, we are able to stay ahead of our competitors and provide our customers with professional services. The enhanced technologies allows us to better track our inventory and communicate easier in and around the organization. This software is the lifeline of our business.

I love how the company is continuously updating their programs and new technology is always being introduced to us consumers.

There is an additional cost to every facet of the system, but in the long run well worth the investment.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for your feedback, Christina! We're glad to have you as part of the POR family!

Arden S.
Arden S.
President in USA

Been using it a few years, really helped us to modernize

Ease of use and ability to understand it is fairly easy. The set up is very user friendly, even our oldest employee has found it easy to use.

Communication bewteen multiple stores can be improved. Sometimes when calling in for support I feel they aren't as trained as they could be.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thank you for providing that feedback, Arden. We'll get the new support staff spun up quickly on the software and get you back to the level of knowledgeable service you expect from Point of Rental. Thanks for being a part of the POR family!

Matt C.
Matt C.
Sales Installation & Design in USA

This software rocks

Ease of use, inventory management, website management, customer service is awesome.

This software has a lot of reports and analytics, a simpler way to navigate would be great.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Matt! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience. Have you heard of our new Report Finder, which came out a couple weeks ago? I think you're going to love its ability to help you see what each report does and where to find it. All you have to do is tell it what you want to know! =)

Ralph S.
Recreation Programmer in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Ease and Efficiency

Kommentare: There is so much I’m not doing that POR can help with, and I love figuring more out to make our job easier each day

Dispatch Center for routing trucks efficiently and tracking our staff throughout each day

Things I like least continue to be worked on and improved

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Ralph! We're glad to hear about your experience with Dispatch Center and to hear that our team is always working to meet your needs. Thanks for joining us at the International Conference!

Heather W.
Communications Manager in USA

we LOVE Point of Rental

Kommentare: So incredibly impressed with the quality of product and people they are putting out. GO POR!

Their customer service team is incredibly helpful and friendly. Calling them is never a chore.

It's not the prettiest, but it doesn't have to be.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Heather! And don't worry, your software is going to get prettier in the future. =) Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family!

Beverly S.
Secretary in USA

Best Decision Ever Made

Kommentare: When we started with POR, I was posting all of our invoices to a general journal by hand! There was not enough hours in the day! POR gave me back a quality to my life. As a business, we have grown to two stores in 2009. POR helped us with that expansion. Thank God! Now both stores run smoothly through this system. When there is a problem, I pay for the yearly support and they are just a phone call away. I can usually get someone to remote in and walk me through a mistake or make me understand why the computer's accounting system did what it did. I have neither a degree in accounting or computer science but there are times when this program makes me feel like I'm a genius! It really is well thought out. The original owners always tested the new stuff in their rental store. The current owner grew up in a rental store. It is a program for the rental industry by people who new the rental industry, inside and out.

User friendly, very helpful support staff, constantly innovating to keep up with the times. Our business has grown volumes since we first purchased POR software in 2005. I cannot imagine what a nightmare my bookwork would be without this program! I l agonized with my husband in 2005 over what software to go with as it is an invstment, not one that you would throw away every two years and jump to a different software. We are so happy we chose POR!!! Great program, great people, will stay with this company forever!!!

I don't really have any complaints about the software. If I could change one thing it would be that some of the support staff from all of these years we have been with POR would not get older and retire!! We miss [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and all of the oldies but goodies! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] don't ever leave! You are the anchor in every storm! You are what every member on your support team should aspire to be!!

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Hi Beverly! Thank you for all your kind words and we're sorry we didn't get to see this review until today! We're glad you're a part of the Point of Rental family and we're definitely working to keep Earl around as long as he continues to enjoy being here. =)

Dkeith G.
owner in USA

POR, A life saver

Kommentare: One of the reasons that we purchased rental software was to keep track of the maintenance schedules on the machines and this software is excellent. You can set-up your desired intervals and the program will prompt you to do the work. Our system is so much better with POR. Thanks!

The software from POR is the most comprehensive that I considered and I looked at several. They have so many features that they should offer a college course just to teach you all the features. The dashboard is easy to understand and the performance of the information to help the facility to track every aspect of the business is great. They are helpful when you have a question, if there is some part of the program that you have yet to utilized. POR is a great company for the rental industry.

There are some modules that they require you to purchase if you want to have the ability to perform those functions, it would be nice if everything was included from the beginning.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Keith! We do have our version of a college course at our International Conference each year, where there are three days of training on nearly every aspect of the software (as well as one-on-one face-to-face time with our trainers), if you'd like to come down to Fort Worth in November. =) We make many of our features optional because there are thousands of rental stores using Point of Rental and lots of them don't need all the features - we try to give you the option to get only the features you need so you're not buying more than you want. We're glad you're enjoying what you have and we'd love to see you at our International Conference this year! Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family.

Eric S.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Nice interface, poor customer support

Kommentare: I really want to like this application/software as is is easy to use and well though through, but there are many glaring issues that are driving me to look elsewhere.

The interface is nice, clean, and easy to navigate. Once familiar the the software, set up was pretty easy and strait forward. Provided many features which our business needed including rental bundles.

No easy way to quickly look at availability for the coming week. I found this frustrating when I had a customer on the phone and we wanted to get a snapshot of availability. Customer support is awful if you are not one of their Expert or Elite customers. I only have the Essentials package and the one person I actually got a hold of said she could not help me and to send an email. I had already set two before this call to no avail. The funny thing is I want to add features and possibly switch to a different/higher package. I am also not impressed with their website integration. I have my own wordpress site and all they offer is an iframe. This is not an integration, it is placing another website on a page in your website. They really need to work on providing better integration.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Hi Eric! Thanks for the (mostly) positive review. Item availability is most easily accessed via the item screen - you can see availability not just for the week, but for the entire month of each item you rent. Hopefully that helps! Essentials' customer service is comparable to that of other cloud-based rental softwares; part of what makes the software so affordable is that customer service is entirely web-based. That said, you should be receiving responses to emails within a day (depending on when you send the email; usually it'll take less time). If you'd like to switch packages, add features, or just check out a demo, our sales team is back from our annual conference and would be happy to work with you to figure out how to get us back on track. -Brian

Wendy B.
CFO in USA
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best rental software out there

Kommentare: We have been using POR since 1998. Earl came out to set us up and we knew then that this was the best decision for our company. They always make you feel like you are part of their large family. I have had things come up (not necessarily with the software) and would call the support line for help and they are on it. If they don't have an immediate answer, you can know they are working on it immediately to help solve your problem. Great company to work with.

My first pro is the STAFF - always helpful and never make you feel like you are asking a dumb questions. Second, I love how that the software is user friendly. Third, the software has so much to offer. So whether you are a big firm or a very small firm like myself this software is a must.

I wish they were a little closer so I could go to conferences and training that they hold. Not that this is there fault - but it is the only Con I can come up with.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Wendy! Sorry about the location issue - we'd love to have you down for the International Conference. (If you register early then you can save enough on registration that it'll cover some of the travel costs! =D) We appreciate having you and Murray's Tool Rental as part of the Point of Rental family, too. =)

Kyle T.
CEO in USA

Innovative and reliable

Kommentare: We could not run our business efficiently without all of the integral products that are included in Point of Rental. All of these products combine to create THE singular solution for our rental business.

Continuing to innovate and improve the product continually. Always looking to improve the software but specifically with the input and through the lens of the rental operator and end user.

The only con that I can think of is that there are minimal choices for external integrations.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Alert

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Point of Rental Software: Customer service, cutting edge, ease of use.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for your review and for being a part of the Point of Rental family, Kyle!

Kara S.
Senior Event Manager in USA
Eventservice, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use; incredible customer support

Point of Rental is constantly seeking feedback and taking ideas on areas to improve which they take very seriously. It has been very rewarding seeing small tweaks made that can really make a difference on the daily for out team and the users. I am in this software every single work day for most of the day and it is extremely easy to navigate as well as train new employees on its use. We particularly love being able to call in and get remote help on questions that are difficult to explain or navigate verbally.

Every now and then we run into issues where our emails sent out send out blank or as a partial message to the client. We also run into malfunctions or error messages occasionally, but those are usually resolved quickly by running a quick update. Overall, we are very satisfied with this product.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Kara! We're glad you're enjoying the software and to have you as part of the Point of Rental family!

Greg G.
General manager in USA
Logistik & Lieferkette, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best software we have used.

Kommentare: The ease of new employees learning of the software is a great bonus, and the level of detail and constant improvement provided is great. Our old system was hard to learn on and did not provide same level of reporting as point of rental does.

Easy to use, very helpful staff and the level of detail within the product is what we like most. I love that they listen to their users and provide updates based on that feedback.

Reporting options can be challenging to learn, but usually there are multiple ways to get to same report, just takes some time to figure it out.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Greg! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience. You might also be happy to learn about our recent addition to NetHelp, Report Finder. It catalogs all of our reports with an explanation of what each report is and where you can find it. All you have to do is search for what you want to know and Report Finder will find all the relevant reports. =)

Brian E.
VP Operations in USA

Best Software I have ever dealt with

Kommentare: After dealing with rental software for 15+ years, we made the change to POR and I can't believe how good they are. I regret not making the switch 10 years earlier. POR is rental specific and they have made our process very seamless. THE best in the industry!!

Everything!!! Value, ease of operation, reports, functionality, service second to none

If I have to point our something...They are in Texas and we are in Georgia. So we are operating a couple of hours before they arrive...but they have always had an "early bird" on call to answer the simple technical questions.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Brian! We're glad to have had you as part of the Point of Rental family for so long and we're excited to continue to work with you and Northeast Georgia Rentals (even if it means we have to come in early =) )!

Julie R.
Office Manager/Event Coordinator in USA

I've been using POR for about 2-3 years. I learn more functions weekly. Very happy with the product!

Functionality is amazing. Learning weekly! We are definitely not using POR in all manners, so much to learn! Love the customer service and always willing to help us.

I wish delivery costs were able to be calculated by entering zip codes and not regions. I'd like to be able and type in where the delivery begins and where it ends to calculate the cost, especially since we have 2-3 store locations.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Hi Julie! We're glad you're enjoying the software! I have good news for you as well: You are able to calculate delivery costs by entering zip codes and, in the 2017 version (which you have), you're even able to charge by the mile. If you have any questions how to do that, you can call our support staff and they'll help you out. We're glad to have you as part of the Point of Rental family!

Alina B.
owner in USA

It did not work for us

Kommentare: It was really not great. we work with many companies. There is a bit of give and take in each business relationship. With Point of Rental there were many promises and no quality follow-up. The process took many times longer, in the end, the software was not workable for us, the money was taken and not refunded. Their contract in fine lines guarantees that so please read carefully all fine print.

Point of Rental Software was presented to us as a Caddilac of rental software. It has many features and it seemed as it was capable of meeting and exceeding our needs.

The promises made during the steps leading to signing the contract and then implementing the software for us were not. The communications with us were sparse and low quality, not prepared. The structure of the whole process was to get to scheduling the training at which point it was obvious that the software does NOT work for us but several thousands of dollars were paid but not refunded.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: FocalPoint Software

Warum Point of Rental Software gewählt wurde: Sirius software was a capable program but quite involved with its own poblems.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Sirius-e

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Point of Rental Software: Point of Rental seem to offer more features.

vor 10 Monaten

Hey Alina, I'm sorry to hear you felt that way! I was just notified of this review today, and anything I say will be utterly inadequate as a response by this point. I've been told you've already had conversations with members of our sales team, but I'm reaching out to you via email to try to figure out where everything seemed to go wrong from your perspective - we're updating our implementation processes and I want to ensure that we don't run into the same situation with anyone else. -Brian

David N.
General Manager in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

This software is massively over priced and is not cut out for fence rentals.

Kommentare: There were no benefits whatsoever

The only positive of this system was the dispatch integration. This was a good system that functioned well with routing our trucks for their daily installations.

Way overpriced. If you are having reservations about the cost of this listen to your gut. System looks archaic. The architecture looks like software from the 1990's. The estimating process is slow and cumbersome. You are forced to enter a complete order by using a series of tabs instead of simply entering everything on one screen as in modern software. There are many quirks that slow you down as well as password and user ID issues, printing issues, etc. POR allows you to access the software in test mode before you purchase which we did. The problem is when you access in test mode you have no clue what you are looking at and you have no guidance from POR until you cut a check. A VERY LARGE CHECK. The on site training provided was done by a very knowledgeable guy but it was not enough to get us up and running with confidence. The biggest disappointment is that our company feels deceived. We were told that this would integrate with Quickbooks which it barely does. It will only tell quick books a lump sum of sales per day, nothing else. Our quick books really became useless to us. Our company was also told that there were other fence rental companies that used their product and that we'd be able to contact them to hear about their experience with POR. After making several requests for this info it was never provided. We assume that POR was lying about this.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

David, I apologize for taking so long to respond; I just got the email notification for this review from Capterra a little while ago. We're sorry to hear you feel that way. When Tina posted her review, our support team sent emails to try to explain how to fix the issues she was having; since we didn't get a response and you're citing some of the same issues, perhaps those messages didn't get through? We're committed to fixing the issues in the relationship between POR and Driven Fence as quickly as possible. One of our managers will be calling you this afternoon to try to help you get the most out of your software, advise on some best practices, and hopefully address your grievances.

Tim S.
Parts/Developememt in USA
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Versatile software

Kommentare: We have already solved alot of our issues using point of rental and looking forward to use the future to updates to help us take it to the next level

I like how many options there are with the software. I alsonoike the way we can have a say so in new features of the software.

Dont like inspection/Workforce. They both needs some features to make them a complete app. Sometimes I also feel that you have to click to many windows to go through some of the options.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for reviewing us and for helping ensure we'll continue to innovate, Tim! We're glad you're with us and we look forward to helping East Tennessee Rent-Alls "take it to the next level" as we add features to our apps based on your (and our other users') feedback.

Cindy S.
OWNER in USA

Point of Rental Rental Essentials

Kommentare: From 1-10. 10 being amazing...they are a 100 😊

I came to Point of Rental when my ow EXPENSIVE rental system crashed big time. Without my system, and found out just how poor customer service was with their competitor I was ready to give up. Then we heard of Point of Rental. Apprehensive we moved slowly with lots of hands on before deciding. Best advice I can give, DO IT. Do not wait. Best decision I have ever made.

I love my Tech Support person, She knows the ins and outs and I am so blessed by her service. I do feel the other Tech support people can take the lead from rep.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Cindy! We're glad to have you as part of the Point of Rental family. =)

Andre C.
Directeur Régional in Kanada
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Extremely happy with PoR. Excellent support from both the IT department and the support staff

Kommentare: Inventory sharing is great. We still have issues with the accounting aspect but mainly caused because we are new at using the software. Quick and easy to get information on a specific store. Also nice to have access to the databases. Reports are great as well.

The software is extremely easy to use. Training is less than 3 days. We like the inventory sharing as well.

Dispatch center needs to be upgraded. The maps are outdated and it is extremely difficult to route routes when you have to pick up equipment at different sites. The logistic tickets does not work for us. In many places in the software the system does not keep the filters or sort whenever coming in and out. The administration of users is really hard for us as we have over 500 employees. Not easy to find the user as you need to scroll down until you find the proper user.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thank you for that feedback, Andre! We appreciate your input, as it helps us guide the future of our software - we look forward to working with you to overcome the obstacles you're facing now and make the benefits even better!

Dustin J.
General Manager in USA

Point of Rental has increased our workflow 10X.

Our rental division Venue Services uses Point Of Rental Cloud version on a daily basis. The software keeps track of inventory, deliveries and pickups, and flow logistics. We like the inventory feature the best as it will notify us if we don't have any rentals items avail or enough of an item that specific day.

Point of Rental Cloud version is still growing. We wish it had a better yearly and monthly calendar view to see more events instead of just weekly view.

Antwort von Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Dustin! We're glad you're enjoying Rental Essentials. With our next update, you should be able to see your reservations using Google Calendar (hopefully that helps!), and we're developing long-term calendars within the software in a way that would work for all of our customers. We're glad to have you with us and we look forward to helping Venue Services further as we continue to add features!