Über Horizon

HORIZON – Inspektionssoftware. Webbasiertes Berichterstellungssystem, das Felddatenerfassung mit einem praktischen Handgerät umfasst.

Erfahre mehr über Horizon

Integration ;with, Google calendar, payment processing, homebinder and several other 3rd party. Customization : make it feel the way you want, professional.

I find the mobile app very difficult to use and maneuver. I just don't get it at times.

Bewertungen zu Horizon

4,9

Horizon hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 103 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Horizon bereits verwendet?

Kenny
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Horizon will make you stand out

Kommentare: We operate as a team to do inspections. It allows us to each inspect different systems , it all uploads to the same report. It has helped us to be fast and effiscient. Less time report writing equals more time for Inspections and higher profit for your time spent.

Horizon produces an easy to understand report that looks great and makes you stand out. You can personalize and add your own items to make report writing much faster.

It doesn't have the ability for you to use videos unless you upload them to you tube.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Hi Kenny, Thanks for the great review! We're happy to know that we could help your team save time writing reports and increase your profit earning potential!

Dan
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

10 year user, overall this is great software and makes a very professional looking report

Horizon inspection software makes for a great end product. Once you learn your way around, its fairly quick to make your entries in the field. I finish up on the computer just because its easier to review everything and to see the actual finished report. The realtors love the Action Item list that gets generated along with the report as this makes their job easier when they are developing their "ask" list for the seller. I've been using horizon for 10 years now and even when there have been some tech glitches, its always been easy to get a hold of someone you can understand and who doesn't speak in software terms you can't understand. I've tried most of the inspection software out there and stay with horizon because of how great their people are if you have any questions or suggestions.

It would be great if I could embed video right in the report. That's the only thing that could lure me away at this point.

vor 8 Monaten

Great to hear from you Dan! Horizon's final report is the most professional and complete in the business. Our training and support team are there to help inspectors get setup and hit the ground running.

Doug
, Selbstständig

Great check list software, but fails to allow for a library of specific narrative

Kommentare: I feel a need to describe specific issues of the inspection with narrative comments, and although 'Horizon' allows you to view the last comment, it has no allowance for reference to a library of past related comments that I have made, which I could reference to a current situation.
Horizon refers to a vast theory data base but doesn't allow for me to describe specifically the clients situation in my own words unless I type them in each report....which I feel is necessary in giving them a 'client specific' inspection report.
I prefer a narrative based report and being able to refer to my past comments, rather than a checklist report.

The interactive nature of the reporting, scheduling , billing etc

I have to type my 'client specific' comments each time they may be required instead of being able to reference each one and tweaking them to my specific report needs. I understand that one can refer to the last comment, but I don't think you can scan a library of comments for quick reference to one that meets ones specific needs.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Hello Doug, We appreciate your feedback and trial of Horizon Inspection Software. Horizon comes loaded with over 6000 comments ready for Home Inspectors to use out of the box. Horizon lets you easily add custom comments on the fly to build your narrative library. Use our Power Search and SpeedWrite features to save time reporting. We'd be happy to arrange a free demonstration or help with your specific needs at carsondunlop.com or 800 268 7070 ext. 243

Mel
General Manager in USA

Great Reports

Kommentare: There are competitors in this market, but dollar for dollar, there is no better software to use for home inspections. And, their customer support and user training is second to none.

Horizon provides all the software needed to run my business. It is a stable, cloud based system with superior customer support.

Horizon is so customizable that there is very little not to like.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Thank you for the high rating! We appreciate you choosing Horizon after your due diligence reviewing others in the industry. Thanks again!

Jeff
Chief Bottle Washer in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

In all these years Horizon keeps adapting and has never let us down

Kommentare: My overall experience with horizon over the last 10 years or so has been exceptional. I know what to expect and they never disappoint.

Horizon has always stayed current with industry changes and trends. They seem to pride themselves of staying ahead of the ever changing demands of the consumer and software world and go to great lengths to make sure they stay competitive in the constant evolution of software while making the sometimes significant changes almost seamless to the existing user base. A very delicate dance I'm sure.

A little more flexibility in the data capture would be ideal.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

We appreciate hearing your experience and feedback Jeff. It's always great working with you, watching and helping your Team Grow to more than 14 inspectors!

Dirk
Owner Home Inspector in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It isn't for everyone, not everyone wants to have amazing reports they just want the bare minimum.

Kommentare: Honestly, if you take the time and effort this is the go-to product for myself and my customers.

It can be used for many functions and add ons to make the software personal to each customer, it allows you to be in control and write it as if you were writing a manual for the homeowner.

It takes a little time to get everything you want in the right section including verbiage.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Hello Dirk, Thank you for your sharing your experience using Horizon. Homes are complicated, your software should help cover it for you.

Immobilien, Selbstständig

This Horizon should be in your future

Kommentare: FANTASTIC support team - truly. Did not take very long to make the software "my own."

Speed - ease of use - a searchable database of deficiencies and descriptions.

The ability to describe a photo from within the mobile app. There needs to be a place to add a paragraph if needed under a picture from within the app itself. Even on the computer, there is a very limited amount of space for comment under a picture.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Thank you for your feedback Mark! Happy you made the switch to Horizon and how easy the support and training team made it .

Owner/Inspector in Kanada
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Steady performance and fantastic support

Kommentare: Reduces reporting time giving me a life in the evenings. Produces a great looking report. Have received many compliments from client and agents alike.

Designed by inspectors for inspectors. Horizon presents to the user in a very logical way. Best of all is movement within the report. It's very easy to navigate and know where you are.

Page breaks can be awkward sometimes depending on picture layouts mainly. In a few cases I wish font size could be increased.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Great to hear from you Mark and wonderful to hear about your Horizon Inspection experience has been. Have a great year!

Fletcher
Operations manager in USA

Exceptional Customer Service

Kommentare: Harizons support team takes the time to listen to my issues and provided clear, concise answers to all of my questions. What truly stood out was their willingness to go the extra mile to ensure my issue was resolved promptly and to my understanding.

I must say that this software was not difficult learn in the begining and has proven to be an easy read for my clients. It's user friendly interface, customization, comprehensive reporting, reliability and excellent customer support make it a top choice for any home inspection company seeking a powerful inspection software solution.

No comments at this time. I haven't experienced it yet.

vor 4 Monaten

Thank you so much for your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that you found our software easy to learn and that it has been well-received by your clients. Our team has worked hard to create a user-friendly interface and provide customization options to meet the unique needs of home inspection companies like yours. Gratefully, The Horizon Team

President in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best reporting system that we have ever used!

Kommentare: Exceptional, could not be happier!

I think that the way our reports look is very important to how they are perceived by our clients. Prior to using Horizon we would have phone calls every day with questions about our reports. It wasn't that the reporting wasn't clear, it's just that by comparison, the Horizon reports are so easy to read and understand that our clients just don't have questions. It has saved us a tremendous amount of wasted time on the phone.

The only criticism I have is that I would like to be able to duplicate pictures in the system. In other words, if I have a photo in the report that I would like to use a second time, or in two different locations, I have to upload the photo again. I would like to be able to simply COPY the phot and move it to where I want it. The other thing would be to be able to change the order of the photos in whatever section I'm in... the photos go into the report in the order that they are taken, I want to be able to slide them left or right to put them in the order I want. It helps to tell the "story" better.

vor 5 Monaten

We appreciate your feedback and great hearing what your customers think about the final reports. Keep up the great work!

Roger
Home Inspector in Kanada

Product Referral

Kommentare: The time saving aspect was critical to me because the former method I used was taking far too much time to do up a thorough, professional report. The second aspect of my former method was that I had to purchase thick manuals that were constantly rising in cost which I had to pass on to the client; increasing my overall invoice while my competitors were able to maintain their lower prices.
The ongoing training is something I've not received from the competitors at all. I always look forward to the short webinars which have always made my work look more professional and in less time. Hooray for that!

The check boxes are simple to use, very time saving with an added simple method of customization option sets this software well above the last three methods I've experienced over the past 20 years. The extensive reference library is pretty amazing as well. For new inspectors to the industry; this software is a very in-depth, comprehensive program that really has everything within it to set you up for success. BUT, it is imperative that you take the time to customize it to your liking; however long that takes.

The search library isn't as extensive or easy to articulate as described. However, I believe that further studies will indicate I am likely not doing something the way it should be done or haven't taken the time to read all instructions the get the most out of the software. One small point I find missing is to know if the client actually received the work order along with a simple way of resending it if not opened or received. Another is to maintain a list that shows the client has paid for the service rather than disappearing as soon as it is marked paid; also an automatic means of sending out a receipt.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Thank you Roger for your thorough review! We understand the change management process very well and glad you're taking advantage of free training. You will also learn about sending automated emails and email tracking in these sessions. You can also contact us direct 866.303.7999

Matt
Building Inspector in Kanada

Horizon Inspections Software

This was the first software I used as a building inspector. I was trained on Carbon Copy reports for clients. I have been using Horizon for 10 years and have found that it does everything I need (and surely more). The time saved using this software is immense and the reports are much more comprehensive for my clients.The customer support for any minor issues that I have experienced is fantastic.

The cost, but I guess you get what you pay for.

vor 11 Monaten

We appreciate your thoughts and insights! As with most software, users scratch the surface utilizing a few key features. We'd be happy show you more customization, marketing features and resources to increase your value.

Jean
P. Eng. in Kanada
Bau, Selbstständig

Long time user

Kommentare: As a long time user of the Horizon software I am very pleased with the product and the service. Over the years the software has been improved and updated regularly without my involvement. The customer service is excellent - an important feature for a one-man operation such as mine. I have received compliments from both clients and agents on the report quality. Although there was initially a learning curve to overcome the report writing time has now become very reasonable. I recently read an online comment about the Horizon software where it was referred to as the gold standard. I fully agree! representative

My favorite feature is the off site data storage.

It's not free. Kidding aside, it does represent excellent value.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Thank you Jean! We appreciate the experience and knowledge you bring with your review. Glad the Horizon team and software has been a good fit for your business.

Clint
Inspector in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Horizon keeps your head in the inspection and not looking at your device!

Kommentare: Technical support has been top notch! They are patient and personable, most of my interactions were errors on my end. You can tell they really love their jobs and are doing their best to give you a great product

Everything is easy to customize and tailor to your specific needs, lots of built-in captions for defects so the homeowner knows exactly what you're trying to tell them.

The mobile app is glitchy sometimes and occasionally fails to load photos on the first try.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for making the switch. You've made a great choice and things are only getting better.

Leigh
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Horizon is a great report writing suite

Kommentare: I have used Horizon for over 6 years now, and while I have looked at a few other software providers, none has shown me any reason to move away from Horizon. I would (and do) recommend Horizon to my colleagues.

Horizon is pretty progressive - I find it intuitive to use and constantly improving.

The final look of the report could use some updating, and I believe Horizon is working on that constantly.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Thanks Leigh! We are constantly working on introducing more flexibility to our reports and with the new Report Designer, you can take complete control over the appearance and presentation of your inspection reports. You can read about the new features of Report Designer at https://www.carsondunlop.com/horizon/features/report-writing/

TOM
owner in Kanada

user friendly

Kommentare: very good

total package . A complete business package

Do not have issues with the software. it is basically my lack of skills that limit what I can do. The continuing support is very important. I do not like the thought of getting a Ticket for service because this adds to the response time.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Hi Tom, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We provide several webinars on a consistent basis that allow you to gain useful knowledge that will increase your user experience and the benefits you get from Horizon software. You can go to this link anytime to see what webinars are available. https://www.carsondunlop.com/horizon/horizon-training/

Julie
CEO in USA

Top quality Software for Home Inspector

I can change it when I need. I love the monthly zoom meeting with [sensitive content hidden]...customer service to questions when I get shuck is wonderful helpful.

I can not think of any at the moment.....

vor 11 Monaten

We appreciate your feedback Julie and working with inspection professionals like yourself.

Immobilien, Selbstständig

Not the cheapest and for good reason

Kommentare: I have been using the package for over 5 years now and I am impressed with the overall ease of use and look of the reports. Clients seem to like them as well.

The ability to schedule, report and publish very professional looking reports to my clients

Price. It is inline with one other provider that I know of, but far more expensive than others. The necessity for paying in US dollars and being in Canada only inflates the cost of use.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Great to hear your clients love your reports! They are a major contributor for design feedback on Horizon's professional presentation and content.

Steve

Horizon Software

Kommentare: great

ease of use customers love the report and I love using this product

There are no cons using this software it is better than others that I have seen

vor 4 Monaten

We appreciate your feedback, and committed to continuously improving our software to meet the evolving needs of our users. Thank you for choosing us as your inspection software solution, and we look forward to serving you and your company in the future.

Contractor/inspector in Kanada
Bau, Selbstständig

Impressed so far

Kommentare: The help provided by the team of experts makes the learning curve go easily or flawless. With their trial there is no reason for everyone not to try the software

I love the way we can show/hide features at a click. The customizable feature allows users to enhance horizon to meet their specific needs.

There are some features of the software that could use some tweeking. I wish when i set some presets that it showed up on the tab that i have customized it

letztes Jahr

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. Happy to hear Horizon's layout was easy to learn and free training helped to fast track your start up.

Kelly
Principle/owner in Kanada

Horizon Inspection Software

I like including both factual pictures and illustrations in my report. I like the fact it is web based.

I wish I could do a report in no longer than 1 hour. It takes about 2 to 3 hours to complete the report.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Your feedback is greatly appreciated Kelly. As Educators, Software providers and Home Inspectors we strive to provide value and professionalism into everything we do. Contact us directly or visit our blogs about report writing to see tips for best practices and optimize report writing.

HOME INSPECTOR in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My opinion about Horizon report software.

Kommentare: Very please with the software and the ability to change things up and keep things in order for better report writing.

It is easy to understand and use. Very user friendly.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Hi Chris, thanks for your review of Horizon. You have a complete list of inspection content on all platforms, which can be a lot on smaller devices. We'd be happy to give you a personal tour and tips using Horizon Mobile.

Kyle
Home Inspector in Kanada

Elevate your inspections

I am a new inspector and the ease of use with this program has given me the confidence, the push, to put together quality reports as if I have been in the business for 20 years. Agents and clients don't want to stand around for longer than they have to at an inspection. The software keeps me on par or quicker than the competition. The feedback I have received from clients and agents has been 100% positive. The reports are detailed and comprehensive. I want to thank Horizon for making my first year in business less stressful. If I ever have had a question, the support team at Horizon has always been great and the Webinar's are extremely helpful.

With how customizable this software is, it is difficult to find something I didn't like.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for sharing your experiences with Horizon Kyle! Glad to hear your new business is taking off!

Kathleen

The Best Out There!

When I started my Home Inspection business, I tried several reporting software companies. Once I found Horizon, I never looked back. I knew I had found the one. The software is intuitive and easy to customize for my purposes. My clients find the report easy to read with the summary findings front and center. The links to further explain the issues are a real time saver when writing the report. The added resource library is a real bonus for first time buyers. The Horizon team is always at the ready to address any questions and issues. I highly recommend Horizon!

Horizon is always looking for ways to improve their product. If I had any thoughts on improving, they always best me to it!

vor 11 Monaten

Great to hear you and your clients love the Horizon report and resource materials! Thank you

Ronnie
Owner/ Inspector in Kanada

Long term client

Kommentare: Any issues I have had with Horizons has been addressed immediately. The rep is great to deal with.

How easy it is to use and how professional the report looks when completed.

Reports cannot be completed and sent out on a mobile phone.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

It makes us very happy to have been working with you for so long Ron. Looking forward to coming out your way again soon.