Über Horizon

HORIZON – Inspektionssoftware. Webbasiertes Berichterstellungssystem, das Felddatenerfassung mit einem praktischen Handgerät umfasst.

Erfahre mehr über Horizon

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Horizon bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Kenny L.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Horizon will make you stand out

Kommentare: We operate as a team to do inspections. It allows us to each inspect different systems , it all uploads to the same report. It has helped us to be fast and effiscient. Less time report writing equals more time for Inspections and higher profit for your time spent.

Horizon produces an easy to understand report that looks great and makes you stand out. You can personalize and add your own items to make report writing much faster.

It doesn't have the ability for you to use videos unless you upload them to you tube.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Hi Kenny, Thanks for the great review! We're happy to know that we could help your team save time writing reports and increase your profit earning potential!

Mel C.
General Manager in USA

Great Reports

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: There are competitors in this market, but dollar for dollar, there is no better software to use for home inspections. And, their customer support and user training is second to none.

Horizon provides all the software needed to run my business. It is a stable, cloud based system with superior customer support.

Horizon is so customizable that there is very little not to like.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for the high rating! We appreciate you choosing Horizon after your due diligence reviewing others in the industry. Thanks again!

Doug L.
Owner in Kanada
Selbstständig

Great check list software, but fails to allow for a library of specific narrative

Kommentare: I feel a need to describe specific issues of the inspection with narrative comments, and although 'Horizon' allows you to view the last comment, it has no allowance for reference to a library of past related comments that I have made, which I could reference to a current situation.
Horizon refers to a vast theory data base but doesn't allow for me to describe specifically the clients situation in my own words unless I type them in each report....which I feel is necessary in giving them a 'client specific' inspection report.
I prefer a narrative based report and being able to refer to my past comments, rather than a checklist report.

The interactive nature of the reporting, scheduling , billing etc

I have to type my 'client specific' comments each time they may be required instead of being able to reference each one and tweaking them to my specific report needs. I understand that one can refer to the last comment, but I don't think you can scan a library of comments for quick reference to one that meets ones specific needs.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Hello Doug, We appreciate your feedback and trial of Horizon Inspection Software. Horizon comes loaded with over 6000 comments ready for Home Inspectors to use out of the box. Horizon lets you easily add custom comments on the fly to build your narrative library. Use our Power Search and SpeedWrite features to save time reporting. We'd be happy to arrange a free demonstration or help with your specific needs at carsondunlop.com or 800 268 7070 ext. 243

Jeff L.
Chief Bottle Washer in USA
Immobilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

In all these years Horizon keeps adapting and has never let us down

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My overall experience with horizon over the last 10 years or so has been exceptional. I know what to expect and they never disappoint.

Horizon has always stayed current with industry changes and trends. They seem to pride themselves of staying ahead of the ever changing demands of the consumer and software world and go to great lengths to make sure they stay competitive in the constant evolution of software while making the sometimes significant changes almost seamless to the existing user base. A very delicate dance I'm sure.

A little more flexibility in the data capture would be ideal.

letztes Jahr

We appreciate hearing your experience and feedback Jeff. It's always great working with you, watching and helping your Team Grow to more than 14 inspectors!

Mark E.
Owner/Inspector in Kanada
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Steady performance and fantastic support

Kommentare: Reduces reporting time giving me a life in the evenings. Produces a great looking report. Have received many compliments from client and agents alike.

Designed by inspectors for inspectors. Horizon presents to the user in a very logical way. Best of all is movement within the report. It's very easy to navigate and know where you are.

Page breaks can be awkward sometimes depending on picture layouts mainly. In a few cases I wish font size could be increased.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Great to hear from you Mark and wonderful to hear about your Horizon Inspection experience has been. Have a great year!

Matthew J.
Owner/Certified Master Inspector in USA
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

We get more inspections because our report looks the most professional!

Kommentare: Horizon has been great to work with and the support team is a great help whenever you need him. My other inspectors all love it as well and we have brief experimental moments with other software platforms, but always keep coming back complaining about the others. It's easy to navigate, easy for me to track my business, and allows great access options to I can monitor and check on my other inspectors work.

The best thing about Horizon is the interface and the report appearance when the clients get it. When other inspectors are out there putting word documents together or excel sheets with a couple of pictures at the end they can't even come close to comparing. With Horizon we provide a 40-60 page report with 80-100 digital pictures that takes about the same amount of time as them putting together a word document that makes a bad impression on the client and the realtor along with anyone else that sees it. Combine a great inspection, with outstanding customer service and a report that will impress all on its own and we have a template for success in this business, and in fact, we grow about 20% every year.

I'm picky because I work with it every day and after comparing the other software products there are a few things I wish was better. One was for more picture storage (you get like 200) but for those 4 families and such more would be better. Also we need a scroll bar for preset canned statements in the tablet/OS version like the PC version has. Lastly I would like to see more options for picture editing and flagging pictures.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Great to hear from Inspection Professionals like you Matthew and much appreciated! And congratulations on your growing business! Horizon stores all inspection photos, report items, comments, communications, and more for you. Increasing the storage capacity was a big hit with Horizon Inspectors.

Robert B.
Owner / operator in USA
Hochschulbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Professional report writing - ease of use

Kommentare: Using Horizon has generated more business from attorneys and realtors because of the clarity and educational aspect of report. Getting the report and inspection completed much faster. Very easy to train inspectors on how to use mobile app and write clear concise reports.

Ease of use and ability to use mobile app in field and customize to our needs. Report is basically done on site we inspect with two inspectors one using the mobile device while inspecting. Teaching a report writing class in a home inspection school and using all of Horizons educational materials has been very helpful as well.

Not understanding and using mobile app sooner to get report done quicker actually my fault didn’t take the time.

vor 7 Monaten

Robert, Thanks for taking time and sharing your Horizon experience! The team is always happy to help and glad to hear it benefits your Home Inspection students.

Tom L.
owner in USA

A well structured format

Kommentare: Great people, great format, fun to use.

Its completely customizable from keeping sections open you use a lot, adding your default notes, arranging the order your canned comments are in for easy use, pictures are removed and stored at a different location after use so you don't have to sift through them again unless you need them, customers love the systems informational guide at the end of the report. The customer support is the best by far from anything i have ever seen. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the team that has guided me, a not so computer savvy person with more kind patients that could be expected. With all of the communication along the way I feel like we are friends. Horizon is a team of passionate people that love their jobs as much as we do. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is all meat and potatoes, direct to the point, love it. Great job [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team.

The educational videos are easy to understand and there's a ton of continued education in report righting.

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks again Tom for sharing your experience using Horizon and working with the service team.

Chris C.

Love it!

Kommentare: The customer service department is outstanding! They are constantly adding new features and upgrades.

Very clean and professional report! Myself an my clients like the live links to switch between sections of the report.

There not very many options in the infield app in regards to the annotations on the pictures which means more time at home on the computer verses spending time with the family.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Hi Chris, we appreciate your review. We're proud of how unique and effective the report is to use for Home buyers. If your clients love your reports then we've done our job.

John P.
Owner/Inspector of Purdy Home Inspections in USA
Bau, Selbstständig

Owner / Inspector

Kommentare: Outstanding . The product is outstanding what is the ad webinars to help your business and product support is outstanding!!!!

The customer support when you have questions about their software.

Horizon software has all the base covered. The learning curve was little slow for me, but that is because of me not the software.

vor 9 Monaten

Great to hear Horizon covers everything you need running your home inspection business. Appreciate hearing the monthly busienss & industry webinars are also helpful.

Roger N.

Product Referral

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The time saving aspect was critical to me because the former method I used was taking far too much time to do up a thorough, professional report. The second aspect of my former method was that I had to purchase thick manuals that were constantly rising in cost which I had to pass on to the client; increasing my overall invoice while my competitors were able to maintain their lower prices.
The ongoing training is something I've not received from the competitors at all. I always look forward to the short webinars which have always made my work look more professional and in less time. Hooray for that!

The check boxes are simple to use, very time saving with an added simple method of customization option sets this software well above the last three methods I've experienced over the past 20 years. The extensive reference library is pretty amazing as well. For new inspectors to the industry; this software is a very in-depth, comprehensive program that really has everything within it to set you up for success. BUT, it is imperative that you take the time to customize it to your liking; however long that takes.

The search library isn't as extensive or easy to articulate as described. However, I believe that further studies will indicate I am likely not doing something the way it should be done or haven't taken the time to read all instructions the get the most out of the software. One small point I find missing is to know if the client actually received the work order along with a simple way of resending it if not opened or received. Another is to maintain a list that shows the client has paid for the service rather than disappearing as soon as it is marked paid; also an automatic means of sending out a receipt.

letztes Jahr

Thank you Roger for your thorough review! We understand the change management process very well and glad you're taking advantage of free training. You will also learn about sending automated emails and email tracking in these sessions. You can also contact us direct 866.303.7999

Alex S.
Home Inspector/Owner in USA

Horizon Brings Me More Business

Kommentare: I cannot say enough good things about Horizon. The reports come out well organized and clean. My clients and the realtors I work with love the ease of navigating through the reports with the section tabs. The reports provide so many helpful illustrations and links that assist with educating my clients. The additional tools such as the action list help me get more referrals and business from realtors. Realtors appreciate anything that helps make their jobs a bit easier. From a business standpoint it has really helped me stay on track and continue to grow. I enjoy the built in option of not releasing the report until the inspection agreement has been signed and payment has been received. This helps protect my business. If I ever have any questions, the staff is very responsive and takes care of any issues quickly. Horizon has put out a top notch product and great service to go with it. I can't thank them enough for helping me grow my business!

Ease of use Clean reports Built in features that help educate my clients Additional features/links to help real estate agents put together inspection objections Business at a glance section helps keep me on track

Photo limit is a little low Since it is internet based it does slow down from time to time and/or makes it difficult to write the report on site if inspection is in an out of service area.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Hi Alex, thanks for your review. We're glad that Horizon is helping you grow your business and we always invite any comments for improving our product. We also have some terrific news for you. We just increased the photo limit to 200,. One of the many benefits of being a Horizon user is that we continuously provide updates. And your comments help us do just that.

Paul D.
Home inspector in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Very good, but could be excellent

Kommentare: Quick and fast report generation. Required items checklist is also very helpful. Being able to import boilerplate text entries created by third-party companies would be very easy, and make set up for new users quick.

Quick and easy Report generation and field notes. Marketer is great for automatic Communications.

Lack of simple additions that would make life easier for home inspectors. Examples. Customer contact information phone number excetera in Google Calendar entries. The ability to click on a field in the homepage of the website to bring up that section of the work order. At present you have to click on work order and then the section you want. Also, an indication of whether it is paid or contract signed at the homepage would be very useful. Repetitive standardized tasks could be simplified. For example custom report type selections on the report publishing page. For example a drop-down menu could be report type A, and when selected it would automatically check certain of the option boxes, fill out the email, and put the typical email addresses, for example to the client and CC the realtor. Having to click okay every time I take a picture in Horizon mobile for Android is redundant because if I click back I will end up in the same place. Not being able to swipe left or right in the mobile on Android to select description or recommendations.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I will pass this along to the team. We'll soon be adding a feature allowing you to submit and rate feature requests mush easier.

Brad T.

I Built My Business Around Horizon Home Inspection Software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have been using Horizon software since 2011 but I have been aware of the system since its early development stages. The software is incredibly flexible and customizable. Others in my market use the same software but our reports come out completely different. The background of the software - the business management - is the thing that really impressed me the most. Very robust system with more buniess features than I can ever actually use.

Flexibility, customizable, ease of adding photographs, professional results, incredible design/support team available, continuous improvement/added features, amazing business features, scheduling, billing, business management, database...

Photo arrangements is not flexible in the PDF format. There is a conversion format to use MS WORD which does allow more flexibility but adds too much time to the report editing process

letztes Jahr

It's great to hear from experienced Home Inspection companies like yours Brad. Our reports and format are based on real feedback from home buyers and agents to get it right. Your reports look great!

Dan B.
Owner-Operator in USA

Great software, superior support

Kommentare: Horizon has always been great to work with . If there is a problem or an improvement needed you get an actual person when you call in and they know the program backward and forward. They've never left me stranded on an inspection. I tried a couple of other inspection programs and I continue to use Horizon because of their fantastic customer support.

I can do the field work on my phone and its available instantly on my computer when I get back to the shop. Its possible to do the entire report on the phone, but I'm sure anyone over 45 appreciates a desktop screen size for proofing the report before sending!

There can be a lot of blank space in the final report, agents gripe about the length of some reports and its mostly blank areas at the end of sections or sometimes it will put just one photo on a whole page. There is a way to eliminate this with their custom report writing, but its springtime and I don' really have time to learn to use it. I'll update this after the spring rush is over and let everyone know how it works.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

We're glad you and your clients are happy with Horizon! I can honestly say everyone on our team is passionate about what they do. I'll share your feedback with the team.

Turk S.
Home Inspector in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Easy for clients to navigate

5 letztes Jahr

Horizon software is not only visually appealing but easy for clients to navigate. They periodically add new features or enhancements to make it easier for the agents as well. I hear a lot of good feedback from agents when they use added Action List. They click on the items they want to address and attach it with their inspection response. It ends up saving them so much time and they don't have to retype what I've already said in the report, its already there.

It took a little while to set up the way I wanted it, but once set up it made my life so much easier.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your Horizon feedback and comments Turk! Glad to hear how effective your reports are with clients and agents. The Action List has been a game changer helping Realtors with their negotiations as well, with no added workload.

David A.
Home Inspector in USA
Öffentliche Sicherheit, Selbstständig

Excellent Reporting Tool

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I use Horizon Software numerous times a week. I like how you can generate the report on the fly with the mobile app, and you don’t have to worry that you’re missing anything.

I like the ease of use and flexibility of the software.

The online version can be a little wonky sometimes.

letztes Jahr

Great hearing from you David! We appreciate learning your clients and agents love your reports and knowing you won't miss anything. Thanks again!

Jean L.
P. Eng. in Kanada
Bau, Selbstständig

Long time user

Kommentare: As a long time user of the Horizon software I am very pleased with the product and the service. Over the years the software has been improved and updated regularly without my involvement. The customer service is excellent - an important feature for a one-man operation such as mine. I have received compliments from both clients and agents on the report quality. Although there was initially a learning curve to overcome the report writing time has now become very reasonable. I recently read an online comment about the Horizon software where it was referred to as the gold standard. I fully agree! representative

My favorite feature is the off site data storage.

It's not free. Kidding aside, it does represent excellent value.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Thank you Jean! We appreciate the experience and knowledge you bring with your review. Glad the Horizon team and software has been a good fit for your business.

Mo P.

Fast and Reliable

5 letztes Jahr

Horizon Report system helps Home Inspectors to write inspection reports in fast and efficient way. You have all mandatory items you need to meet the standard especially by speed write at the end we make sure nothing is missing. It also helps clients and specially buyers to receive the report right away after inspection. I have been using this software for about one year and half so far and I am really happy with the system.

I would rather to be able to add videos in some occasions for my clients or to store it in the file for future needs. Also I would rather to pay less, however with the quality that I get, it is worth it.

letztes Jahr

We really appreciate hearing about your experience using Horizon and how it's helping your customers with their buying decision. We'll reach out and show how you can include video to your inspection reports. Thanks again, The Horizon Team

Guy D.
Property Consultant in Kanada

Horizon for Specway

Kommentare: Horizon has provided me with not just the report writing software, but a variety tools and third party integrations to simplify my work day. Horizon is continuously improving and growing it's capabilities with little to no monetary increase to the end user.

Flexible platform which accommodates all my aspects of inspecting. Residential, commercial, Environmental, and others. This saves me from buying (or subscribing) multiple platforms.

The billing is in USD only. All my accounting is in CND. Conversion must be done every month for accurate bookeeping.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Glad to see you're taking advantage of advanced features in the Horizon toolkit. We use and trust our 3rd party partners and happy to make them available to Horizon Professionals.

Leigh G.
Owner in Kanada
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Horizon is a great report writing suite

Kommentare: I have used Horizon for over 6 years now, and while I have looked at a few other software providers, none has shown me any reason to move away from Horizon. I would (and do) recommend Horizon to my colleagues.

Horizon is pretty progressive - I find it intuitive to use and constantly improving.

The final look of the report could use some updating, and I believe Horizon is working on that constantly.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Thanks Leigh! We are constantly working on introducing more flexibility to our reports and with the new Report Designer, you can take complete control over the appearance and presentation of your inspection reports. You can read about the new features of Report Designer at https://www.carsondunlop.com/horizon/features/report-writing/

Rico S.

The Best of The Best!

Kommentare: My experience with Horizon is that the software is design and developed by inspectors for inspectors, with the home buyer and realtor in mind. It's truly a remarkable way of doing things.

My clients love it! It's consumer friendly! My realtors love the ACTION List and all the hyper links. The buyers say that's it's easy to understand.

There's nothing I don't like about it. If there's an issue they address it promptly.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Thank you for your recent review on Capterra! We enjoyed reading your review and appreciate your honest and professional feedback. There is so much industry history with our staff and company in and hearing stories like yours it's truly amazing. I shared your appreciation with our team.

Eric E.
Owner/Inspector in USA

Great Value

Kommentare: Company support is fantastic. They have always responded to me extremely quickly even when questions are asked through their Facebook page.

Ease of use. Utilizing the mobile app allows me to have the majority of my report filled in when I get back to the office.

Would like better functionality in adjusting photos in the report. Never have had it be a big issue but it would be nice to determine the specific order of multiple pics.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Fantastic feedback and review! Thank you Eric for your telling folks about your experience with Horizon. We're really proud of our Support and Training teams too!

Tom P.
owner in Kanada

user friendly

Kommentare: very good

total package . A complete business package

Do not have issues with the software. it is basically my lack of skills that limit what I can do. The continuing support is very important. I do not like the thought of getting a Ticket for service because this adds to the response time.

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Hi Tom, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We provide several webinars on a consistent basis that allow you to gain useful knowledge that will increase your user experience and the benefits you get from Horizon software. You can go to this link anytime to see what webinars are available. https://www.carsondunlop.com/horizon/horizon-training/

Mike M.

Good but not great

Kommentare: I really like the reports that horizon generates. The app is easy to use to capture inspection data once you've got it mapped out. I don't like that it's still tied to a desktop. It's feels antiquated. There should be more options on the app like video recording and full photo editing. There should be no need to ever sit down at a desk to finish up the report.

The report that the software generates is second to none

Feels more dated than some other software

Antwort von Carson, Dunlop & Associates

Hi Mike, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your comments and we are working hard to provide continuous improvement for Horizon. We will keep you updated with new changes as we make them. Team Horizon