OnSite

Very good experience.

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Chris S.
Office Mananger

Kommentare: There are many benefits to this software. Records communication with customers and vendors. Many types of reports are offered, from reviewing CSR's current order and closed orders, reports on customer discrepancy log, reports on the quantity of any certain garment or size garment that was sold. Love this software

Vorteile: Love how it keeps your communication and orders organized. When customer places reorders it takes moments to create a new order. The reports are at your finger tips, checking profit margin's, ect. I can see what all CSR's are doing at any given time.

Nachteile: The biggest complaint I have is the software training tools are out dated. This software isn't easy to learn and when you are trying to train yourself it gets very frustrating not knowing what you are seeing isn't correct because the software had been updated. This makes learning even more difficult

On Site has enabled us to be ahead of the competition, as far as what we offer for Customer Service.

Bewertet am 29.3.2018
John R.

Kommentare: It has allowed us to be more efficient in all aspects of our company.
From order entry , through production, shipping and invoicing.
The support you have on Line as well as the Tech Service you receive is worth it.
You are not hanging out on a limb after your purchase. Every company runs into IT problems of some sort. With On Site you may be down, but you won't be down for long.

Vorteile: It allows us to give our customers real time information. Reports are generated by every dept. in my shop which help keep them up to speed on what information they need to know on a daily basis. For scheduling production, there is not an easier program out there. As a shop management tool it will track your jobs from door to door. Creating owner reports on financials and individual customer tracking information it has proved invaluable. I can now in a few minutes pull numbers I need to make sound decisions. I use the add-on modules as well, like Manage Orders and Proof Stuff. These have proven to be a great advantage for us in a very competitive screen printing market. The Library of videos is very helpful for training new employees as well as a refresher course for others.

Nachteile: My only Con to this program would be on the accounting end of things. We have merged to the accounting module 3 years ago now. Previously we were on Quick Books which is pretty much made for dummies. To operate some of the reports and ledger entries you need a better understanding of accounting. And some of the reports in QB you can click on entries and the program automatically takes you to where that entry was made. Example: if you were reviewing a Profit and Loss statement, you could click on an account named "Misc. Revenue" and it would show what the make up of that account is. In On Site you can find the information but it takes a bit longer and is not straight forward.

Best Software Out There for Screen printing, Embroidery, and Advertising Specialties

Bewertet am 6.1.2020
Bob S.
Druck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software takes the place of one or more people. I started with one user and once your on the network with several people do you appreciate the strength of the software in being all on the same page

Vorteile: It was made by a screen printer for screen printers. For small shops it may seem expensive but it forces you to organize yourself and as you grow its crazy how it helps you.

Nachteile: Sometime it can be too overwhelming. But as you grow you'll see why they do certain things

The best thing you can do for your Print Shop!

Bewertet am 28.11.2019
Paul N.
Textilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Shopworks have thought of EVERYTHING you could want a Print & Embroidery shop management system to do for our complex industry. I couldn't live without the daily production scheduling - its impossible to forget to meet a deadline!!! I love that everything is recorded for reruns, I love that I don't use a single other piece of software other than drawing programmes, I love how fast it is to go from a quote to a job to an invoice, I love the complexity that's available for special pricing for certain customers in certain situations, I love the way I can find things so easily within the search functions....I could go on and on. In 25 years of running my print shop of 9 hand presses, 3 autos and 5 embroidery machines, Onsite is by far the best piece of equipment that I have ever purchased for my business. …..and cost wise, I have paid for it twice over with jobs where printed work sheets were lost but because they had been marked as being produced in Onsite they were still invoiced, where in the past those jobs would just never have been charged out. Its a no brainer.

Nachteile: Because we're in New Zealand we had to set the system up ourselves which was a big job but it did mean I got to know the system 100% back to front - and that said, Shopworks were fantastic at answering questions and the online tutorials videos are so well made that we were able to set it up 99% unaided. I would love it is the size fields were longer....but hey, that's about the only even mildly negative thing I can think of.

Tim S.
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We started January 1 with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] visiting our location and helping us get started. The first 3-4 weeks were a disaster. Slowly we began understanding and able to use the software more comfortably. It is not a time saver, but we like the way that all is connected. It is very difficult to know what all it does. It was a rough first year on the software. We have found many obstacles getting it work in our system but are slowly overcoming. We have found that you almost have to be an expert in using the system to overcome these things. Hoping next year is smoother. Glad that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is in his new position. Hoping for lots of new things with fewer quirks. Also seems like the accounting part is an after thought. Very klunky for an accounting program.

Vorteile: That quotes, orders, POs , artwork and invoicing are all connected

Nachteile: There are a bugs, and it is klunky. It was very difficult to begin and train on.
There is no way to know all of the functionality unless you watch all the videos.
I don't see how any company of size could use this without personal training.
Had we not have paid [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to get us started, it would still be sitting unused.

Couldn't have grown our business without Shopworks

Howard L.
Druck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is a full featured platform that allows us to integrate everything from quotes to designs to production to fulfillment to accounting all in one place and everyone who needs it has immediate access to the information they need. We started using OnSite in 2004 when we were a much smaller shop and we couldn't have grown to where we are today without OnSite helping us manage our growth. When we first started using OnSite we didn't use the software for accounting and were still using quickbooks. Several years ago we adopted the accounting piece as well and the results were dramatic as all our customers, numbers and info are now in one place. It's cut our workload almost in half. As we have grown it became impossible for anyone to remember all the details about all the pieces of the thousands of jobs that we run but OnSite remembers it all for us. Because it is a Filemaker based platform it's search features are really powerful.

Nachteile: The learning curve can be a little steep and we didn't always implement all the features we wanted because of the time it took to learn and teach everyone how to use it. For people who have used quickbooks some the accounting processes don't work exactly the same and it can be frustrating until it's figured out.

Best Investment for Our Business

Denise F.
Druck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: One of the best things about Shopworks is the checks and balances. I use it for purchasing and am able to match PO's with payable invoices to make sure I am being charged correctly. I love being able to find the info I need quickly with the many ways items can be searched. We use a lot of the features and learn more all the time. Every couple of years we have a Shopworks rep come in and teach us more. They are a great company to work with.

Vorteile: When we started using Shopworks in 2007 we were writing our orders by hand and using an invoicing program to invoice them when complete. We had no way to track the status of an order except to run around the shop and see where it was. Shopworks takes care of that with a couple of clicks. I like having the ability to get all the info on an order in one place. I can tell who entered it, if the goods are purchased, if they have been received. I can see what the design status is, what the production status is and what the payment status is. If a payment is made on the order I can see what type of payment and if it has been deposited. Shopworks has so much info at your fingertips. Their tech support is top notch and solves any issues quickly. They listen to their customer needs and continually update and improve.

Nachteile: It has quite a learning curve but once you power through that it's great.

Our lifeline

Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Tim R.
VP of Operations

Kommentare: A huge time saver, also documents are professional looking and the ability to pull history from previous orders is great

Vorteile: This software eliminates the duplicating data entry multiple times, gives real time inventory, easy part creation and generating reports. Being able to clone orders is a real time saver especially in the awards industry.
I also like being able to attach documents/images to emails or parts for visual confirmations

Nachteile: Needs to improve shipping section to include ship to phone number and email address.
Needs to make sure that the number of characters typed into the ship to field matches/shows up on the sales order instead of cutting off city/state/zip.
Faster way in sales order of "reducing quantity" of pulled line items, you have ADD feature.
Faster way to "return" pulled inventory sales order, like a "Return all" feature.

An All in One System for your Production and Business Needs

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Ashley P.
Business Managert
Buchhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love that Onsite houses all our customer information, orders, accounting information and shipping information. Its literally the hub of our business. One of the features that helps me with daily information is knowing when the items have been produced and shipped that allows me to go back in and invoice the order. The shortcuts that you can set up divides your orders into smaller sections to caters to the information you need.

Nachteile: The number of licenses for the cost it should just be unlimited once you buy the software.

Great features but over complicated & not user friendly for our business.

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Chad H.
Owner/President
Druck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: All the data that is has ability to capture when entered properly. The system is very robust and would be fantastic if we knew how to use all the functions.

Nachteile: The interface, required training for onboarding & new reps, and inability to open multiple orders at same time. You must complete each task before closing a window or risk missing info and/or forgetting to circle back to that order. Navigating the platform is a huge issue for most of our staff, even after 7+ months. Everything we ask about is supposedly there in the platform but very hard to find and manage.

When my growing company was unable to answer "Where is my stuff questions?" I knew we needed help

Bewertet am 5.7.2018
Greg K.
Plan Commission Member

Kommentare: Powerful data management tools to allow me to run my business no matter where i am at.

Vorteile: ShopWorks does not try to replicate how my mind works to run my decorated apparel business it takes daily best practices from hundreds of the most PROFITable decorators in the industry and gives me the tools to run my business better. During my research I thought I was looking for software that processed like our clip board and NCR paper order forms did. Boy was I wrong, we could have never grown to be an industry leader without the robust data management power that SW brought to our workflow. SW is a great example of "garbage in yields garbage out", to get the most out of your SW investment you must have strong management and a commitment to proven data entry procedures to get the most our of SW. The best example I can think of is when a customer calls and says I want to place a re-order but I don't have the PO, I don't remember the garment style or when I bought them but the shirt had a killer design with a patriotic eagle on it with our company name. If you SOP requires a naming convention the names the purchaser, the main 2 elements of the design along with the date you can find the requested information in just a few key strokes. If you get lazy and name the art "final proof back" you are back to the GIGO thing. Another few keystrokes and you are sending a proof to the customer with an order approval for their signature. Their is no way we could run our very successful contract decorating business without SW or something just a powerful.

Nachteile: Shopworks is like Photoshop or many CAD programs, I bought it for a few key features and we use those hundreds of time each week on each work station. I know I bought and paid for much more power than those key features but have yet to find the time to fully explore all the bells and whistles SW provides I am also quite frankly tired of hearing other users trash the accounting look of SW. My accountant would love for me to simply export a pretty QB end of period but SW has the same info to satisfy the IRS, my bank, my financial planner and me as the business principal. The accounting principals I have learned have made me a better business owner.

Onsite helped us get organize and gain control over our production, we went from stress to calm.

Bewertet am 29.3.2018
Shaul N.

Vorteile: It's custom made for my industry, screen printing and decorated promo products. I like that it combines the power of a database with the visuals needed to see designs. Onsite helped transform our shop from chaos and stress to an organized calm shop. Now we all use the same system, when the garments arrive, the shipping receiving person marks the goods received and the status turns green, when production is done that status turns green. This means a rep can sit at his desk and when a customer calls he or she knows exactly what is happening with the order. I like that everything is integrates, designs, purchasing, production, accounting, customers, suppliers. All the data is searchable and we can make custom searches to always find what we need. The screen printing department has a search for 'All Screen Printing Not Done', once they see that list can see which jobs have the design done and the garments arrived, those jobs are ready to be put on the press. Every department has these kind of lists. The people at Shopworx are very friendly and responsive, they take feedback from thousands of customers and integrate it to the version. Onsite helped us grow while maintain control.

Nachteile: The toughest things with Shopworks was the accounting, it took a while to get it to wok for us the way we wanted it. Now it's woking great for us. This was nine years ago so I'm sure things are smoother now.

Very Good Day to Day Software

David F.
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good, just wish that the issues when upgrading the software are adjustable.

Vorteile: Easy to use once you understand the system.
Keeps track of things so you can really see the Dollars in and out.

Nachteile: When they upgraded features added some that can not be turned off. Some have caused major issues with us using the software daily. With a simple added feature they added to the software. We spend at least a Hour every day with 2 people fixing work orders to be correct. All because they made it not possible for the Administrator to fix things. Uggh! they say its the way File maker is, but they can not fix the issue on there own software. That is why I think they need to have better Tech. Software support. other things that the do not help is how you have to go from the regular mode to a Calendar Mode to really use the Production Calendar. So you have to learn a second way to use the software and then its still not as helpfull as need be. Also Accounting could be better to use, Not even able to enter a Bill against 1/2 of a PO. Then only leave specific Qty items to be received on the Bill later. How do you know each bill is correct without finding the old one already filed away.

We have used OnSite since 1997 & give it the highest rating possible because it delivers non-stop.

Bewertet am 20.3.2018
Jeff G.
Druck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software runs our business from incoming orders, the art process, purchasing, receiving, production, shipping and invoicing. We have two locations and 13 users that all run through one server in real time. It helps us plan how much to schedule on a given day and exactly were in the process we are, instantly, from any station. We rarely have problems with OnSite even though we use it constantly, but when we do have an issue the Tech support team gets back with us in a timely manner. The fact that this program was written by a screen shop owner/operator is really apparent as they have covered it all. Over the years there have been numerous upgrades improving the existing system & adding new features. We can not imagine running our business with out OnSite.

Nachteile: There is not much to criticize, but I would say that this program is SO extensive there is a large learning curve to endure. If purchasing new, you will need someone to come to your location to teach you and your employees how it works. When we purchased the program, it was much smaller in scope but it took us a long time to start using all of the features available.

Shopworks has made a huge positive impact on my business!

Bewertet am 4.6.2018
Steve K.
president

Vorteile: Shopworks allows us to control and track every aspect of an order. From order entry, to purchasing to scheduling and production then billing. It's one software program that keeps track of everything we do. Shopworks also allows us to analyze each order so we can check that our profit percentages stay on track. I also like that my entire system is updated instantly so I can get real time answers at my finger tips. It's easy to see what items are produced, ordered or received and with UPS integration I can track shipments from within the program. orders don't get lost and inventory is always up to date.

Nachteile: The scheduling aspect of the program is great in a perfect world but with backorders and stock issues it requires a lot of updating and adjustments. The production calendar is one part of the program that we struggle with. This is mainly caused by lack of inventory from our vendors and customers not approving art on time. The concept is spot on but in real life business the production calendar needs continuous attention. I also wish there was an undo feature. Once you type something or delete something there's no going back.

Overall our experience with the Software has been good.

Bewertet am 12.6.2018
Juanita K.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Flexible accounting side to the software.

Vorteile: The flexibility of the accounting system works well for us. The software does have a higher learning curve and unfortunately sometimes you need to go out of the software and exit completely for some changes to update. This needs to be worked on as there appear to be a few glitches in places. Order entry is okay. Overall the software meets our needs.

Nachteile: The reporting is confusing, and not easily structured to fiscal yearend reporting, but instead calendar year and this does create some challenges. The order entry could be simplified a bit to still get the same information. The P.O. section should have a default email address section to inform the suppliers where they need to reply to. Also, do need to have a cheque register report.....seems odd that there isn't one. Due to time change and limited support staff, it can be difficult to connect with support. Many times need to wait for until the next day for response. We have not ever been able to pick up the phone and speak with customer service and have a question(s) answered in that moment. Sometimes emails get responded to quicker, but still many times have to wait until the next day.

This Program Runs Our Shop

Michael W.
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have been a Shopworks user for over 15 years. We just passed our 126,800th order and every one managed through Shopworks. I love the organization it brings to our order process. We have independent departments for customer service, artwork, receiving, production, and shipping. Shopworks allows my teams to manage their own work flow while keeping every order moving forward through the production cycle. I don't believe that we would ever had grown to the size we are without Shopworks helping us manage every aspect of our business.

Nachteile: I have shared with Shopworks support a few specific areas of Onsite where a few changes would be a particular benefit to contract decorators. I have always found the Shopworks leadership and technical support team extremely responsive to my improvement suggestions and requests.

Very easy to use and great options for this business. A must have!

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Kim H.
Accounting Supervisor
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of use and having artwork and specs in each order. Great accounting fuctions

Vorteile: Search tools and easy use. Promotional company must have for its benefits. Use the finder every day multiple times. Great accounting features as well. Love how can delete a transaction and start over. The utilities is set up so can have great options for security. Have been using for 7 years now and cant imagine ever not having it. Old program did not have the capabilities of this program like artwork and production calendars. Notes are in all sections and very helpful.
Would never go back to a regular accounting system.

Nachteile: Behind the scene tech issues. Like everything in live nothing is perfect ;)
Have had technical issues that were not human , it does have a trouble shooter that is great if the period is still open.

Great system, user friendly after a lot of training. Company great to work with and open to feedback

Bewertet am 29.6.2018
Amanda U.
Art Department Manager
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of business. Great organization and readability of forms.

Vorteile: Usability for our business is great.
Layout and overall organization is logical and easy to follow.
The system has the ability to work other programs (ie. UPS) which is helpful.

Nachteile: Missing some key features (ie. thumbnails for variations, ability to modify message or box label templates, pop-up notifications for messages, pop-up status notifications, stamp of when Order was last edited, etc). Not able to work with Quickbooks. As we use that for our accounting, there is a lot of duplication of effort. System has to rely on uploaded catalogs instead of real-time updating of pricing. Would be great if able to pull "real-time" from the vendors versus manually changing. Have to ask for catalogs instead of Shopworks pro-actively getting and uploading.

Shop Works keeps all aspects of our business organized and in sync. Improves overall efficiency

Bewertet am 9.7.2018
Cindy G.
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Please see my comments in the survey. I have recommended this software to several companies!

Vorteile: Organized and easy to use. Great reporting and comprehensive business management - marketing, quoting, receipt of customer orders, goods, and files, order entry, purchasing, production scheduling and tracking, QC, shipping, accounting, and follow up. Historical and planning information is easy to find and evaluate. Client records are invaluable. Saves time and money while improving our accuracy and accountability. The support team is always available, professional, and helpful - great communication!

Nachteile: Initial set up was challenging for us in 2002. Our company still needs to adjust some of the ways that we set up our data and use some of the modules.

Best available for us and getting better every year.

Bewertet am 27.11.2019
Carl M.
MD
Bekleidung & Mode, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Best so far!

Vorteile: Customer Support operation is excellent. They are there when you need them - which is not very often.

Nachteile: More extensive data sort and integration tools will provide the numbers for user's individually needs; that is make final manipulation easier. Statistic sort tools and actual performance schedules could do with more integration/development. We get to 90+% for thorough analysis and thereafter it requires extensive - laborious - excel work to polish it off.

Shopworks is the Best!

William L.
President/CEO

Kommentare: The support is awesome and the accounting module is very complete and helps with reporting for Sales Tax and Income Tax time.

Vorteile: The ease of cloning old Orders. The ease of Searching and the voluminous number of reports you can generate!

Nachteile: Because it is so robust the learning curve is challenging especially for me as I'm no longer young (lol) so that took a bit of time. The younger people here caught on much quicker. Once you learn it you just keep on learning new things!

Shopworks is a very robust software package that can handle many different types of companies.

Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Tony B.

Vorteile: This software can be used for various types of decorating companies. Contract work..no problem. Direct sell...no problem. Fulfillment company that pre-prints their shirts...no problem. If you are in the Promotional product, apparel/decorating business then this software can help you organize the various functions of your business from art to production to delivery!

Nachteile: There is always a wish list or things you would like to be done differently. So not sure I would call them cons. We are just always sending in our thoughts and suggestions hoping to see these changes in upcoming software releases. Right now we are hoping for improvements in internal messaging and job-costing.

Could not run the company without !

Bewertet am 4.6.2018
Beth O.
VP

Vorteile: If you are a decorator this software is for you. Production scheduling and design specifications have helped us tremendously . Employee accountability via "activities" has helped us to move to the next level of productivity in our sales and customer service departments. The quoting calculators have been one of my favorite features and helped us to avoid most pricing errors. Support has always been there for us when we have needed it .

Nachteile: The learning curve. There are so many things we are still not using after 3 years. To use for promo products you have to figure out some work arounds but it is doable. The quoting module is awesome but an use some upgrades.

A great solution for Workflow and Reports

Lindsey K.
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, we love OnSite. We have looked into other options, but in the end this is the product that offers everything we need and works best with our workflow.

Vorteile: It makes communicating orders between departments very easy and seamless when implemented properly. Being able to search by company, contact or design makes finding past orders and details of those orders easy. There are many reports that can be run to help analyze profit, cost, order types etc.

Nachteile: The software is so robust that it can sometimes be hard to navigate and figure out how to ask it for the information you want or how to record the data you are collecting.