Über HomeGauge

HomeGauge entwickelt und erstellt kontinuierlich innovative Tools für Inspektionen durchführende Personen, Hauskaufende und Agenten.

Erfahre mehr über HomeGauge

The cost of the software is very reasonable, along with the monthly fee for access to the cloud etc. Home Gauge has great software support both online and via the phone.

Difficulty of adding comments from outside purchase. Customers get frustrated with sign in difficulty and confused on original email.

Bewertungen zu HomeGauge

HomeGauge hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 500 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du HomeGauge bereits verwendet?

Sean
Sean
Home Inspector in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Homegauge ROCKS!

Kommentare: Customer service is outstanding and the company is always updating & with improvements as recommendations are heard.

Lots of options for customization & software allows a very easy interface with the clients,agents & inspectors. Software is best home inspection Software out today!!!

Improve the Companion App to allow more cohesiveness between the desktop & tablet. I wish it was easier to navigate the report options to change comments & diagrams easily.

Aulden
Home inspector in Kanada
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Homegauge is the Key to my success!

Kommentare: I think the above review Says it all.

17 years ago I started my inspection business with a notepad and a camera hanging around my neck. I developed my own website and added content as often as I could with 100's of hours invested. Early on I realized I wanted to be the best in my area, mediocrity was not in my vocabulary. I searched for a decent software that I didn't need a degree to use. Something easy to customize as I pride myself in going above and beyond the minimum. I found homegauge in 2006 and have been growing with thus company ever since. I really appreciate that Homegauge is serious about helping me to become as successful as possible. I gave found Homegauge to ve open to listening to actual inspectors on the ground. When a new idea is brought forward HG puts its efforts into making it happen. Over the years I have watch as the HG team has grown and have added more talent to make and application that is not just great, but adds features that other haven't even thought of. The features of HG have allowed me to add 100's of pictures, dozzens of videos, 360 images and more to every report. My cystomers are amazed how much information my reports contain. None of this could be possible without the HG team. Finally about 5 years ago I confided in HG to build my website. Wow, what a great job they did. My web traffic has improved immensely. I really like the fact that I can send a quick email to [sensitive content hidden] at HG and he can add or delete anything my heart desires to the site. HG is a big reason for my success.

HG seems to be moving toward expanding the inspection part of their business into the insurance/warrenty business and other value added areas. I understand businesses need to evolve but I try to stay within my lane of expertise. I don't want to offer warrantys that suggest I'll likely miss something during my inspection. Furthermore I don't want to become a salesman that oversell customers to see how high I can get my bill before I leave the house.

Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Nothing but a check list and difficult to use

Kommentare: Frustrating. Infuriating. Aggravating. Exasperating. I'm a computer geek. I can usually overcome most any software obstacle, if the software is even remotely functional. But every time I came up with a work-around for some HomeGauge limitation, 2 more would pop up. Their customer support is above average. But good customer support is not enough to overcome the many software limitations of the desktop version and the broken iPhone version. I ended up switching to iAuditor, which is a far superior product that surprisingly, costs much less. Do yourself a favor. Avoid HomeGauge like the plague. It's a time waster.

Hmmm… I sat here for two minutes, before writing this, just trying to think of something good to say about the HomeGauge software. But despite my best efforts, I can't think of anything I like about the software, itself. That said, I must complement the developer on providing above average technical support. Unfortunately their support is not enough to overcome the many missing or broken features in the HomeGauge software.

Wow! The list of issues with HomeGauge is long. 1) Windows only - won't run on Mac. 2) iPhone version crashes regularly. 3) It's nothing more than a glorified list - NO LOGIC. 4) Generated reports are hard to follow. 1) The desktop version is only available on the Windows operating system. If you use a Mac, you have to install Windows on your Mac. Surprisingly, I found that the app actually runs faster on my Mac than on a friend's PC. Go figure… But many of the features that Mac users take for granted are not available under windows. So it becomes a pain to use. 2) Although they offer a mobile version, the iPhone version is less than useless. My RV inspections take 6 to 8 hours and the iPhone version of HomeGauge would crash 3 to 8 times during an inspection. I would always lose at least the last question that I answered. But at times, I lost as many as 8 responses. Every time HomeGauge crashed on the iPhone, I would have to spend several minutes going back to figure out which questions I was going to have to answer again and then re-create those answers. Result: I lost any time that HomeGauge saved me. Really less than useless. 3) It's nothing more than a glorified list. There is NO LOGIC. Therefore the user must answer many unnecessary questions. If the RV has only 2 air conditioners, I shouldn't have to answer questions about 5 ACs. 4) The generated reports are difficult to follow (poorly structured) and only in PDF. There is no built-in color coding.

Robert
Home Inspector RBI-1412 in USA

Easy to Use. Spend more time DOING Inspections

Kommentare: 5-star experience. Pure and simple. Home Inspectors want support when they need it, but even more than that, they want to spend MORE time doing inspections instead of writing reports! With the Desktop HG app AND my mobile app with dictating capability. I have 90% of my report writing DONE while I am in the field doing the inspection. Bottom line: HG inspection software and their professional reports get me more business and make me more money!

Easy to use - intuitive. Despite HG's great training in the Asheville area and through videos, I was able to get up and running in minimal time. I love that they are constantly adding new capabilities that impact my business growth - like inspection videos!

I hated that HG took away the ability to add a Buyers Warranty with an Inspection report. That was another great value-add my clients liked. The integration (similar to the AirChek radon testing) was another differentiator I wish they did not remove.

William
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Homegauge Software is the best I've used!

Kommentare: So far, I've had a great experience. I have never experienced a time when I couldn't access it, and my clients and agents appear to like it also.

Over the past four years, I have used a couple different inspection software products. I started with a very basic program, that was inexpensive, but soon realized I needed something with more functionality. Specifically, the ability to customize the program was a must. After another miss, I finally landed on HomeGauge and found that it worked great for my needs. It's very customizable, and was easy to get started. They had some great tutorials and now, over 2 years later, I couldn't do business without it. I also like the ability to save back-ups to the cloud as well as my own computer. Overall, I would say that it fulfills all my needs quite nicely.

The only thing I don't like, which is consistent with almost all software in this day and age. The $30.00 fee every month for using the cloud services. Not that it's pricey, but I'm just not a big fan of SAAS. I miss the days when you bought something, you owned it.

Chip
Owner/ Inspector in USA

Great Software

Kommentare: I am a AHIT trained inspector and was convinced that their software was the best. After talking to many inspectors about the software they were using I decided to give Homeguage a try. I was glad I did!! Homeguage is much better than its competitors that it's in a category of its own. It becomes very apparent that the software was created by a home inspector. The only thing I regret is not switching to Homeguage much sooner. I have been a home inspector going on 11 years and have been using Homeguage almost 5. I have convinced 2 other inspectors in my area to use Homeguage as well and they feel the same way I do.

Customizing Homeguage software is very easy and virtually unlimited variables. Being able to create multiple templates for specific applications makes inspections much easier and efficient. The end result to the customer is a very professional report that is very easy to navigate. Both my customers and realtors are very happy with the reports I turn out.

The biggest con is having to deal with customers that do not have or use email. There is a work around for it but getting contracts and reports to them is a little more time consuming. It probably seems like a con because everything else has been made so much easier.

Paul
Home Inspector / owner in USA

Home Gauge report review

Kommentare: It's Great! I contact customer service and get quick replies and easy to follow instructions when I get stuck on something. I feel that they actually listen to their customer base and try to meet the concerns with updates of the software. Sometimes I find myself watching the youtube video's that they do ... it does help.

Really like the software ... pretty easy to use for the most part ... no real learning curve here ... just need to be patient and pay attention that includes when editing a template. I edited mine several times over the years to fit my and my clients needs ... really happy with it.

I don't think it's really the software itself --- but saving / printing to a PDF - well lets say I wish there was an alternative ... Adobe and other PDF's tend to rearrange the report - just doesn't look as nice and neat as the HTML version. The other one is editing Reps info ... including email ... Reps change companies but leave behind team members that use the same email ... maybe a more less restrictive editing ability would be nice.

Jeff
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

User Over 15 Years

Kommentare: Solved report writing as a whole. The platform is great and generating reports. Home Gauge has also built two websites to date. Each have turned out great. Web services has been great to work with. If there are changes or dislikes, home gauge has always been accommodating with changes and my expectations.
Scheduler, which I don't use because it's too time consuming to use and set it all up. There are not enough options to change fees on the fly, too many fixed prices with no range of ability to change them to meet my needs.

The companion and cloud use. Relatively easy to use the software in general. Support is really great, and I can usually solve most issues fast through HG support. Video use.

Not being able to edit styles and materials drop down menu view. It needs to be expanded and we need the ability to drag and drop the S&M within the menu easier. It doesn't expand wide enough to view all the text. No ability to copy and paste from inspection item text to the picture window. Takes too long to either type it of find it the saved picture comments. Template items gets too long over time and it's time consuming to find it within the software, either on companion or the desktop. I found it's easier to write the defect in long paragraphs and save to the template and just go find it that way, lots of scrolling. I hate the current arrow use for pictures. We need and I've asked for over 10 years to a more defined arrow and pointing and arrow options. Seems like a easy enough fix to add another option, but it's been ignored. I can't be changed without major distortion in the pictures or web report view. Stabilizing line drawings. Too shaky and unstable.

Immobilien, Selbstständig

My only choice and haven't looked back

Kommentare: It has been a wonderful ride as I've become more comfortable with the mobile application and customizing my systems to compliment the web based service. The web services are an additional cost, but you are absolutely missing our and even causing yourself massive headaches if you aren't integrating the web portal.

The ability to create a system that integrates everything from scheduling appointments, to the final product being presented to a client all on a web based portal. It makes communicating with the customer seamless and allows the to create repair lists off the report I have created. Ultimately, it make me look more professional because it offers such a clean interface for my customers to interact with my company and their reports.

Learning the actual reporting software took quite a bit of time. Auto-comments are difficult to figure out without a simple trial and error time. Using their video tutorials I'm sure would have made a world of difference, but I was limited on time when learning the program at the beginning as I was blessed to be busy enough I couldn't take all of them. Of those that I really needed to use to learn something, they were rather informative and usually led me to creating a solution.

Anthony
Anthony
Inspector in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Home Gauge

Easy photo upload. Easy Templates. Options on completion with Find First.

Cannot integrate to all templates offered when building the main template. Having check boxes for more than one summary, instead of programmed.

Doug
Home inspector in USA

Versatile

Kommentare: Missing something in an inspection is difficult with the software notification when something is not filled out.

If your looking for a high quality report HomeGauge has the tools to do it. Very configurable to adapt to your methods and stile of inspection. Great customer interface!

It’s not simple to set up especially if you have a specific idea of what you what your end product to look like. There seems to be a few bugs although to be fair it may be the operator.

Owner inspector

Kommentare: I need to produce a very technical and in depth inspection report fairly quickly.

This software is a very powerful software that enables you to produce an in depth inspection that presents very well.

It is hard to functionally use some of the more in depth options

Cindy
office manager/ ADA inspector/ owner in USA
Versicherung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Be More user Friendly

Kommentare: Mediocre. Font in the overview section of the report is abysmal. Looks bad when uploaded. Looks even worse if the client prints it out. My ADA clients usually do as they meet together to strategize.

1. Love the flexibility of creating a template for any type of inspection we want to perform at our company. 2. 18. Thank you for letting me call in to the office and say I need to send a large report and the size limit is lifted (I will pay!) and then I can call back to return the cap once report sent. 3. 17. Have a store – publish pricing – do not care if it is high or low prices. Let me know pricing so I can budget for what I want – signature color for email background/ spreadsheet/ signature color for styles and format/ cool fonts – think package like you buy in a video game…

1. When I go back in to the schedule to add information (the realtor texted me the combo code, for example), I have to remember to uncheck the request payment box. We use Guardian – just not through HG. If I forget to uncheck the box, then it shows the customer needs to pay before they can see the report – can be stressful for the customer . 2. I want to set the color code for the inspectors on the schedule – one was orange for a while and now he is purple. A different inspector is now orange – Yikes!! If I am on the phone and glance at the schedule, I may say a certain inspector is available when that is not true. 3. Need to customize the emails in order to do better branding for our company. I read your code to determine how to make the background blue. It can end up with a lot of question marks all over it when received by the customer – I do not know why. I want to bring a bang when the customer receives the email. 4. I want other items on the new appointment tab. I want to totally customize the type of information that gets put in that email also. - Option for another ID – for the WDO report - Option for type of access – combo/ Supra eKey/ ELB/ other (and can put code in the blank) - Option to put in a gate code - Option for other to be present at inspection and fill in the blank – we have parent/ sibling/ friend as the buyer rep etc. and the inspector needs to know who that person is. - Option for detached

Dino
President & Owner in USA

Veteran business owner loves working with another Navy Veteran Business Owner

Kommentare: HomeGuage software is only as great as the people who provides the technical services. Evertime I contact the HomeGauge support team to address a question or issue regarding my report (99% of the time it's operator error on me!), the service team has been professional, proficient, resourceful, and uncommonly kind while making you feel your question is so important to them. They even call you back to follow up with you, WHO does that? HomeGuage does!!!

This software is not only the most user friendly during and after the inspection services. The software reporting makes my business look so professional and reliable. I routinely get comments about the quality of my reporting with pictures and built in narrative.

Continue to work out the kinks with Apple, I ended up buying a new android phone to prevent lost data while conducting the inspection. Tell you the truth, I love the new phone with the use of Homegauge companion. NO REGRETS!

Robert
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

HomeGauge Review

Kommentare: HomeGauge has been good software for the most part and they are always looking for ways to improve. I do have my website hosted by HomeGauge and they also created my website. The only thing in that respect is a lot of money to have them service the website and provide SEO services. Using HomeGauge for all my website needs should dictate a discount for SEO and tweaking of the website to be sure its up to date and accessible to all the search engines.

The software is fairly easy to use except when trying to change fields in the software, such as the inspected, not inspected, monitor, safety item, etc. which is somewhat challenging but at least the options are there. The tablet version, uploads, picture ability and videos etc. are very nice and easy to use. Additions such as clients ability to make lists for repair, etc. is also a nice feature.

Some areas are hard to use and the help files are hard to navigate. When items are not included in reports by using the "x", fields that have automatic responses are still included in the report and these have to be manually deleted. It would also be nice to have fields in the report that provide explanations of various items without the inspector having to hunt for them and insert them. Things like the Illustrated Home pictures, explanations such as those used in Verizon Software (out of Canada) automatically inserted when there is a "repair or replace" check-mark in the report would be outstanding. I urge you to check out Verizon if you haven't already as their reports are the premier in my opinion.

Henry
Home Inspector in USA
Bau, Selbstständig

HomeGauge Review

Kommentare: The overall experience with HomeGauge is very good, almost excellent. I wanted a product that gave immediate return, a professional impression, an ease of use for my customers, a rugged, mobile use platform (my phone), a user friendly software and support that made for little downtime. I got/get all of this with HomeGauge.

What I like most about HomeGauge is the software is highly intuitive which allowed for immediate use and revenue stream to payoff the investment. The next thing I like, almost as much as the ease of use, is the customer support; customer support provides immediate useful help, they get me up and running fast. The third thing I like is the software allowed for enough customization that I could/can change it to fit my requirements immediately. I have used the word "immediately" in all three reasons for liking HomeGauge, so I'm thinking what I like best about HomeGauge is that it works for Me immediately.

The thing I least like about HomeGauge is there are limits to the customization of the report form, but, I think, based on my last conversation with customer support, they may be working on my request...

Larry
owner/Inspector in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Homegauge is an all in one platform

Kommentare: The reports are very well received by my client and they have complemented me on the detail. A lot of that has to do with how Homegauge will let you go above and beyond just a simple checklist with a few pictures.
The other thing I would like to comment on is that I have always found HomeGauge customer service and tech support have always been very helpful when needed.

The reason I decided on Homegauge from the beginning was that it is set up as a checklist and makes sure that you have not missed an item before you send out the report. It also will let you add video and 360° pictures in the report which my clients really do like and complement me on.

It does seem the software platform is not as streamlined as some others and consequently report writing may be longer with homegauge. But to be fair this may be more attributed to my style of reporting in detail defects that I feel my clients hired me for.

Jeff

Sold on Homegauge

Kommentare: I have a business advantage over many home inspector competitors in that I can type well. I have a good, ever-improving library. These assets allow me to inspect a house, discuss my findings with my client, show him/her my completed report and email it to the client and their realtor before I leave the property. With Homegauge I provide immediate results at the end of each and every transaction.

I have used the Homegauge software for 12+ years. My stakeholders (realtors, mortgage lender, clients) love my reports. How do I know? I can tailor my reports to be very readable and concise. I have elected to keep my reports simple yet convey all the information the client needs or wants to know as he/she moves through their real estate transaction. I rarely get a phone call asking for further explanation or to clarify statements. The support I receive when I have a question or problem is outstanding. I always get a very patient, knowledgeable staffer to solve my issues. I have been approached by other software reps to change but no other can measure up.

I am not a techno guru by any measure. I can't think of any changes I would like to see. I am happy with what I have.

Jason
President in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Almost a decade of use

Kommentare: As an experienced user with almost ten years under my belt, I've got to admit that if I weren't set in my ways, and if I could persuade my inspectors to do the same, I'd switch to a different software program in a heartbeat, bidding farewell to HomeGauge.

The ability to take pictures and videos from your phone directly and indirectly and have it in the program is critical. As for the service team, they are the epitome of friendliness. Despite encountering issues almost daily, they are always apologetic and understanding. It's like having a helpful friend on the other end of the line, always ready to lend a listening ear and a solution to any problem.

Getting a report from your phone to the computer can be a real headache, and additional forms like the four-point and wind mitigation forms make the process even more frustrating. It's like pulling teeth! Scratch that; it is worse.

Quelle: GetApp

Stop and read!! Homegauge wont let your buyer open your report unless they get insurance quotes.

Kommentare: I wish I never spent 30 a month for seven years plus the cost of the app so that homegauge can use our customers to force them to get insurance quotes.

This is very disturbing but now Homegauge is taking your customers information by forcing them to give them their phone number and emails to get insurance quotes, moving etc before being able to open up the report that they paid for. In other words, you are advertising, getting business based on your good name and Homegauge is using that information to get business. We have asked many times but they refuse to change this policy. I believe that people will complain and inspectors will lose business because of it.

Forcing our customers that we work hard for, using them to make money

Jacob
Inspector, Owner in USA

Highly recommended

Kommentare: Homegauge software is so reliable that I have not had to "think" about my report software for many years, allowing me of focus on company growth. The software is reliable, customer service is friendly and helpful allowing my to focus on my clients needs first.

This software is easy to learn, easy to use, easy to customize to your needs. Report delivery and integrated customer reviews is very useful. Customer service is friendly and helpful.

The software/user dashboard is not friendly for multi-inspector firms. There are no "permissions" options to allow various amounts of access. Example, owner would have access to all the features, reports for all inspectors, all inspectors calendars, access to all contacts. Inspectors would have limited access to only their reports and calendar, with no access to company contacts or customization options. Due to the limitation, I have chosen to send reports outside of HG, which then limits my clients use of some of the HG features that I really like.

Bo
Owner, Manager, President in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

HG has been a big part of my success!

Pretty easy to use from the start. Easy to customize to my business. HG takes feedback from it's users and performs useful updates periodically that are tested and trouble free.

I didn't like it when they went from the client initiating contact regarding the home warranty to HG automatically contacting them without permission, so I opted out of that part of the program. If HG would set it up so the client could initiate contact again I would be happy to include a link or referral in my reports for the client to make contact. I do not want my clients to feel that I have sold or openly distributed their contact information to anyone.

Humberto
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software all in one!

I love this software because it has everything I need for my company in one software. From the software generating reports, scheduling, keeping track of inspections per month, sales revenue, etc. Plus customer service is always a call away, with no long holding times, and get your problems fixed instantly. Definitely would recommend!

The updates tend to always have bugs and the system should be a bit more personal to each company.

Bill/Robin
Owner/Inspector in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

HomeGauge is Awesome!

Kommentare: We are told by many Realtors they love our reports. HomeGauge has allowed us to make our reports great. I can't say enough about the support offered by the staff at HomeGauge.

The HomeGauge software is extremely user friendly. After performing an inspection, the last thing I want to do is take hours writing the report. I am able to input all information into the software at the time of the inspection, with final tweeking taking only minutes once I sit down to finalize the report. If I do have a question, the support offered can not be beat.

Since I used this software ALL day as the administrator of our company, I have the Dashboard up all the time. When I haven't been active for awhile, I have to re-log in. That is the ONLY thing I can think of.

Steven
Owner/Home Inspector in USA

Great Customer Service!

Kommentare: Overall I really like Homegauge and would recommend it to a person looking for a Home Inspection software.

When there is an issue or I just need to figure out how to do something on the software, I call and always get a real person and who is pleasant as well as always helps to resolve my issues. Rare these days so felt they deserve props for that. I think the ease of use is nice since I'm somewhat technologically challenged and so struggle with either too many options, or a platform that's not very intuitive. I am yet to take advantage of many items to customize it further, but cool that I can! :-)

My biggest gripe is that you cannot insert arrows, circles, etc., into the report in the field. You can on a desktop but when I get home I want to spend it with my family and not tweaking all my reports before I can send them out.