Couldn't Be Happier

Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Christopher S.
Doctor of Chiropractic, Owner
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My staff and I have been very happy with this program. We started with a competitors program and quickly found out that it was not working for us. We couldn't do nearly what we wanted to do and were limited in our possibilities. Within a year of buying that, we were in the market for a new program. A colleague recommended Eclipse and before I knew it we purchased, installed, and trained on the program. 3 years later I am happy I made the change. It helped us become stronger in our documentation and survive an audit. I am happy I made the move to Eclipse!

Vorteile: The pros definitely outweigh the cons (if there are any). We have been very happy using Eclipse. The program is very easy to use and user friendly. As a Doctor, we love that we can tailor our notes to fit our practice and fit our needs. It has helped us be better with our documentation and allows us to have some ground to stand on with the insurance companies. My staff has also found that this is a very easy program to train new employees on and they always catch on quick. We get regular updates and usually feel the changes are for the better. Tech support has always been helpful as well.

Nachteile: I don't feel that there are too may cons. The only thing I can think of is something I hear my staff say.. "we need a no show feature. Something to edit an appointment to show that the patient hasn't cancelled but just didn't bother to show up." That's not much of a con just something we have worked around.

von Mike Norworth an 17.7.2018

Thanks for your review. By definition, if an appointment is not marked as “Completed,” it IS a “no show.” And all ECLIPSE reports that pertain to missed appointments rely on this feature. Consider all the time this automated feature saves so your staff doesn’t have to edit anything! As you’re aware, you already have the capability to mark an appointment as cancelled or rescheduled.

Eclipse user since 1998

Bewertet am 22.9.2015
Michael G.
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: There are several things that Eclipse does nicely. Let me start with handling the finances: When set up properly, Eclipse clearly shows at a glance how much a patient owes totally and how much they owe for the current visit. Entering payments is simple, and payments get applied to open bills (if set up to do that), or payments can manually be applied to a specific bill. Financial reports are easily created; aging reports, unbilled charges (I personally love this feature), practice stats. Billing: Claims are easily created, whether printing a paper claim, or electronically billing. Reprinting claims is simple. Patient receipts and patient bills give nice flexibility of what to include or exclude on the bills. Eclipse handles insurance authorizations nicely. They call them "conditions", and this prevents the office form entering a charge if you are over on visits or beyond a certain date. Entering new patients has been simplified when entering a family member by allowing the user to copy info from another patient's file. We have a lot of families and this is a great time saver, as well as avoids data entry error. Eclipse is quite comprehensive and there is just too much to cover and not enough space or time here. ICD 10? No problem... Eclipse has a built-in crosswalk from ICD 9 to ICD-10. It will be a smooth transition thanks to Eclipse. Just one more thing, Their support is super. Although sometimes it requires leaving a message and waiting for a return call, the technicians are extremely knowledgeable of the product. The few times that I had some "unusual" experience, the technician did their best to reproduce it at their end to guide me to a resolution.

Nachteile: I personally am not thrilled with the EHR/Encounter portion of the software, although I have several friends that are extremely pleased with it. I have seen some printouts from other Eclipse users, and it's not bad.

The Best in the Business

Bewertet am 25.6.2015
Liz H.
Medizinische Praxis

Vorteile: The product itself is great! Our office had Eclipse for 10 years and then we moved on to another software vendor (ACOM Health). The new vendor was a disaster. So after two years dealing with ACOM Health we switched back to Eclipse. Night and day difference in regards to speed, ease of use, features, price, and customer service. Eclipse has some of the best customer service around. I can always get a hold of someone within a few hours if I need help. The reports and accounting aspects of Eclipse are spot on which makes practice management so much easier. Eclipse is constantly improving on the product taking into account request made by its users. Anytime I run into something Eclipse doesn't do or doesn't do in a way I think is efficient I just shot their team a message and usually within a few months the suggestion is part of an upgrade. We left Eclipse once and it is my goal to make sure we never leave them again. I also recommend this to every office I see in my consulting business.

Nachteile: Honestly, I really can't think of anything at this time.

Eclipse Practice Management Software by Galactek

Bewertet am 16.10.2014
David G.
Medizinische Praxis

Vorteile: The program is rock solid and doesn't fail. In the seven years I've had the program, I have had only two minor technical difficulties after downloading an update, and those were remedied very rapidly. The previous software I was using was having problems after most updates, and tech support was almost impossible to get a hold of. After researching various programs and talking with doctors who owned various programs, I settled on Eclipse because the most important thing to me was a stable product and a company with a long-term history. I will also say their support is always helpful and courteous, and the developer himself actually responds to my email suggestions. He doesn't always give me the response I would like, but he does listen and implement changes that he sees as feasible and needed. He also personally helped me solve the kiosk wireless problem I was having that was not their fault.

Nachteile: The EHR part of the program is still a work in progress for me. I think that can be said for almost all the EHR charts out there. I can continue to see that portion of the product developing towards a very usable solution. We are currently inputting all the Meaningful Use data into the program and will be attesting after the first of the year. Once we're done implementing the Meaningful Use, I hope to have the EHR customized so we can start using that to eventually evolve from paper records into electronic only. We are starting to practice more and more with it on some laptops, but I haven't implemented that portion of the software yet. As we become more familiar with it and practice with it, I think we will eventually make it workable for my situation. For people switching to the program from another software, there is a learning curve. It was a little bit of a struggle in the training process trying to understand a design that was different than either of my previous accounting systems. Now that we have fully learned the system, we think that it works great; it's better than our previous system. I mentioned to my office manager the other day that I was thinking about changing software (as a joke). She said "No, I love my Eclipse. It never breaks down."

Great product and support

Bewertet am 19.3.2018
Cindy C.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would love for some of the fields to be more like windows meaning instead of having to hit the paperclip to attached a managed care profile, I would like just to type "Med" and it auto suggest Medicare. Maybe the same idea for Guarantor, can I just type "Hor" and all the Horizon Blue Cross plans would populate. Would seem like less steps.

Vorteile: Support, the videos online and the phone support are great. Answer quickly and don't speak down to you.

Nachteile: Can't leave SSN or DOB empty. Sometimes patients don't want to give out. Also when printing a bill for the patient, lose history, it date printed changes to most recent date so you can't see that you have billed the pt twice.

von Mike Norworth an 22.3.2018

Thanks for your review… but we’re puzzled by several of your comments. To retrieve an insurance company (your Medicare example), there may be dozens of options for names like “Aetna” or “Travelers.” The goal is to locate & assign the insurance plan that matches this patient’s insurance card. The icon provides instant access to a grid that displays pertinent information (like the payer’s mailing address) so you can make an informed choice with the fewest keystrokes. Otherwise… how would you know whether you had the correct company? Next, you’re correct regarding DOB (this is a contractual requirement related to physicians’ Rx)… but ECLIPSE does not require that you enter SS#’s. Finally, ECLIPSE maintains a complete & detailed audit history of any & every electronic or printed bill or related item you create, re-print, download, etc. And this information is readily available in multiple places on every patient’s ledger for filtered display or printing. So you certainly can see whether you billed a patient twice! We suggest you call the Help Desk to discuss these issues.

wanted to add a new user license and had a few questions on some things that weren't working correctly.

Bewertet am 12.3.2018
Lisa D.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The gentleman I spoke with was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was able to walk me thru adding the new user installation. He also helped with the daysheet issue I was having trouble with.

Nachteile: the only complaint the Dr. has with this software is in the document/encounter section. If someone changes insurance, can't pull over their encounter information. always has to do everything over in the new case. gets very frustrated about this (and has inquired about ChiroTouch because he heard the documentation is much easier).

von Dr. Karen Walters, DC an 20.3.2018

We were puzzled by your comments & asked the Help Desk to contact your office. You appear to be using ECLIPSE in unusual & unintended ways. You also seem unaware of options on the screens you use daily. (For instance, you can easily move an existing Encounter among a patient’s cases or use it as a template for your next Encounter within any existing case.) The concept of cases in ECLIPSE is intended for situations that require simultaneous treatment of [for example] Major Medical & Personal Injury under a single patient ID# -- not for a simple change of insurance. In our own multi-disciplinary office, we use the “case” concept to separate chiropractic treatments from physical therapy. Most patients in most healthcare practices never require more than one case. It’s unfortunate the doctor chose to inquire about new software rather than simply call us to gain a better understanding of how to use ECLIPSE! All his options are on one screen, easy to access, and refined by years of suggestions by his colleagues.

My experience with Eclipse has been excellent over all.

Bewertet am 18.5.2015
Charles C.
Medizinische Praxis

Vorteile: What I like best about Eclipse is the software is all inclusive and very well integrated.

Nachteile: The inability to edit and change some features in the encounter part of the software. Also, in the past year or so the Tech Support has add numerous people and they are not as fully conversant with the software and past personnel. They can answer simple question, but numerous times I have been unable to get an answer without either repeated calls and waiting for the tech support person to go speak to a supervisor or someone more knowledgeable or having to wait for someone to call back, which does not always happen.

von John Waskowitz. Senior VP, GalacTek an 2.6.2015

Thanks for your review. I researched your calls to our HELP Desk and was surprised about what you *didn’t* mention. For example, in August 2014, when you had an issue with the newest CMS-1500 form several months after its introduction… and weren’t able to communicate your issue to the HELP Desk… you simply contacted the developers directly through our websites! They, in turn, explained why the issue existed (a mistake in published government guidelines), handled your problem, and notified you that an update was available within 24 hours. Additionally, thanks to their extensive experience with federal audits, they also advised you with regard to a theoretical Medicare records request. So, in this instance, your perceived difficulties with the HELP Desk were actually about published CMS/NUCC documentation. Regardless, you were able to get our attention and had your issue handled immediately. Also, since Encounter content is basically 100% customizable, we hope you’ll contact the HELP Desk with any questions. I was unable to locate any calls from you or your office about the Encounter. We hope your future interactions with our HELP Desk meet your expectations.

very intuitive practice management software

Bewertet am 5.9.2017
Gary T.
Manager Billing, Records & Receivables
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: this practice has a combined patient load of greater than 5200 people that is a lot of patient monitoring and accuracy quired for CMS this software handles it with ease

Vorteile: the company continually monitors new requirements in the medical billing environment leaving little for the user to have to chase for answers

Nachteile: electronic Healthcare records and single page scanning is not intuitive requiring a lot of time spent for each patient. more training should be offer for this aspect of the software

von MPN Software Systems an 20.9.2017

The Help Desk reached out to you after reading your review. First, EHR training materials are already at your beck & call in the form of webinars, context sensitive documentation and one-on-one help from the Help Desk. Next, we'd agree that scanning is not intuitive. Instead, it's comprehensive. ECLIPSE offers extensive scanning, import & annotation capabilities that go way beyond "single page scanning" and allow you to get the most from its documentation capabilities. You can combine multiple documents into one new document, scan one or more documents and copy them to multiple patients, add electronic post-it notes, redact info, add various graphics (e.g. arrows), assign document-specific permissions, encrypt, and mark them as pending review for a specific provider.

EHR related data entry tasks for CMS programs (e.g. MIPS) can be ignored if you don't participate. However, all such data entry is subjected to rigorous live user testing in order to minimize typing.

Tech support was very helpful and went above and beyond my expectation. Most appreciated.

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Rod M.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Great support. The program allows you to use it to the level that you need or desire. I appreciate that.

Nachteile: The program itself has a lot of steps to perform some actions. The EHR is not easy to use. It needs more point a click on to diagrams rather than writing.

von Dr. Karen Walters, DC an 18.4.2018

Perhaps you’re unaware that our legacy SOAP / documentation features provide exactly what you mention -- the ability to click on a picture to zero-in on a body part. We actually introduced the first integrated electronic SOAP / billing system back in 1991, and by 2010, we’d moved away from the older narrative formats that such systems create (which auditors & reviewers instantly recognize). The Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) has even testified about such formats and what they term “cut & paste” mentality before Congress.

The Encounter was released in 2010 to conform to concepts mandated in the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009, DHHS preferences, and published studies regarding structured & unstructured data in clinical documentation. It’s now 2018, and we’ve received a great deal of feedback from payers, auditors & investigators, including comments that the Encounter “sets a new bar.” It’s also much faster for you to create your own clinical documentation than picture based systems – which typically provide an image only for your first click. In 2017, Dr. Evan Gwilliam, D.C. of ChiroCode used ECLIPSE documentation to illustrate his newest video: “The Perfect Note.”

Deductible Accuaracy

Bewertet am 22.12.2017
Yamilia N.
Billing Manager
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Software should be updated to correctly show the breakdown of the explanation of benefits in order to post correctly. This is from a manual and EDI posting stand point. Posting should be easy and completely done from one screen. Deductibles should count according to what is applied not billed charges, especially for out of network provider.

Vorteile: My experience with customer service is exceptional. One of the rep was very consistent, helpful and knowledgeable.

Nachteile: The system does not do things that are necessary for posting payments & deductible accurately. Out of Network providers require more details in posting

von Mike Norworth an 29.3.2018

ANSI 835 posting is automated (which includes file retrieval if you’re using a recommended clearinghouse) & every line item on an EOB is imported, stored and available to you in multiple views at both the service & bill level. ECLIPSE also provides multiple ways to automate handling of any remaining balances along with individual overrides – all on a single screen. Next, deductibles are handled at multiple levels with a variety of overrides. Our multi-disciplinary chiropractic & physical therapy office has been using electronic billing & remittance for decades without any issues whatsoever, as have many thousands of ECLIPSE users. You contacted our Help Desk at the end of December & they explained how to use the parts of the program you seemed to be having difficulty with.

20+ Years and Still Happy!

Bewertet am 4.3.2018
Nicole S.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Although Eclipse is for health care clinics, we all have protocols unique to our profession and also to our individual offices. I find Eclipse software can adapt to the way we like to run our office. From EHR (now MIPS) requirements to a daily task list, it has you covered. For 20+ years, I have found the billing component second to none whether my patient pays at the time of service or we are submitting to a primary and secondary insurance on his or her behalf. And simply put, if a mistake is made, it can easily be corrected. Behind the scenes, one of my favorite gems through the years has been the Patient List which allows our office to run a report with a variety of filters- of which you can choose one or multiple. Finally, I have to mention the support team behind the program. They answer their phone and they help you find a solution. What more can I say. Love it!

Nachteile: I really can't think of anything I would change. The program continues to evolve keeping it current with the changes in the profession and within the billing industry.

Eclipse software is loaded with help functions and the IT staff very knowledgeable.

Bewertet am 19.2.2018
Elizabeth S.
Chiropractor, Acupuncture, Office
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Thank you, everyone at Eclipse, for all your help and understanding. Special thanks to our rep I really appreciate all the help you've given me.

Vorteile: l. Data entry very easy to get used to. We've had this product for a long time, and we continue to grow with it.
2. Finally starting using the CALENDAR. Yes, believe it or not, up until about a year ago we were still using a paper appointment book. CALENDARS GREAT!!
3. Decided to start doing our own billing. (Thanks, rep) I am not real computer savvy, but I can say I am now successfully doing our billing, and getting paid. The ability to literally "one click" to Infinedi is actually reality.
4. Having to call Eclipse for HELP is exactly that. No matter who you talk to, they speak in a language you can understand, and will stay with you until your problem has been fixed.
5. Price is so worth it!!

Nachteile: Literally can't think of any. I suppose if anything, my only complaint would be having to leave a message when I call. I'm just spoiled that way. I always get a call back, and guess what??? I get to talk to a human being.

Review to 1.5 years to the software. Working years with EZ VIEW.

Bewertet am 28.5.2015
Tewanna F.
Billing Manager
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: Posting daily charges
Auto posting
User-friendly
Ability to navigate between screens

Nachteile: Creating reports. Often times I need a simple report of a payor name and patient balance with that payor and it just does not spit it out easily.
Posting credit card payments. We don't like the credit transfer between a family. If the card goes through we should be able to allocate to different accounts
Appointment Calendar we should be able to edit reschedule and cancel within the same touch. It would also be nice to go to posting from appt. with an easy stroke.

von Keith Ferry, GalacTek HELP Desk Director an 7.7.2015

Thanks for your comments. First, you’ll be happy to know that our HELP Desk personnel have direct access to experienced professionals who have consulted & lectured nationwide. Though we appreciate your request, we cannot ask your colleagues to routinely take time from their busy schedules to provide technical support. Also, though we have no record of any questions or suggestions submitted by your office through the Contact Us page on our website, we suggest you review the related ECLIPSE HELP topic – which has a direct link to the form. The ECLIPSE scheduler is a powerful tool that can be used in myriad ways. Please call the HELP Desk to learn how you can reschedule appointments via editing or cut/paste operations in one or two simple steps. Finally, we’re not certain we understand your patient/payer responsibility comments. Patient responsibility is always displayed on the ledger & payer balances are available by bill. Additionally, ECLIPSE allows you to transfer credits among family members via two simple steps.

Gets the job done for one office or many

Bewertet am 21.3.2018
Howard S.
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Staff is mostly helpful but not all the techs have the same patience

Vorteile: Moving around the program, specificity for insurance based practices is great. I have had staff pick up learning the software fairly easy

Nachteile: Not cloud based,only runs on Windows, no phone connection or emails direct to appointments,limited use with Cash Pracrice Systems

von Keith Ferry, Help Desk Director an 26.3.2018

Dr. Short, we spoke with you last week & are surprised that you never mentioned these subjects. You've been using ECLIPSE since the early 1990's (you purchased it directly from Parker Computer Systems) & have had the ability to send appointment reminders via text message or email, to individuals or groups, for well over a decade. There are also a variety of 3rd party services that will contact your patients via phone. Next, you can indeed use ECLIPSE in the cloud or access your ECLIPSE system remotely. Of course, *any* software will be faster & more secure on your LAN as compared with cloud based software – especially during hours with peak internet traffic. Finally, the ECLIPSE developers have maintained both insurance & cash patients (many of the cash payments are on “Health Made Affordable” aka “HMA” contracts) in their own multi-disciplinary chiropractic practice for years. We will attempt to contact your office to discuss these capabilities.

Eclipse Medical Software is The Only Solution

Bewertet am 20.12.2017
Neal W.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Eclipse has made our practice function efficiently and smoothly for years! Take the time to call them today and tell them you saw the review by Dr. Neal Wieder!

Vorteile: Our office has been using Eclipse for over 15 years as our Business Management Software. The program has been the most stable program we ever used and I had used other major programs that were nightmares. Their software support teams are the best and work diligently to resolve any and all issues with tremendous followup! Their software is continually evolving and improving with a note system that's awesome and easy to use. We use it for both Chiropractic and Acupuncture services. All software programs run into glitches, however, with Eclipse been once in a blue moon, and if one occurs they work tirelessly to correct the glitch to our satisfaction. Entering payments, electronic billing, tracking unpaid claims, statistics, mailing labels, texting patients, emailing patients, plus, plus are just a few things this software is capable of doing. They even have a credit card option to use!

Practice management

Bewertet am 14.9.2017
Joseph Z.
Sports Medicine Direvtor
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Handles multiple specialries and group pravtices. Easy to navigate and great support. Cloud and server based versions

Nachteile: Very weak EMR. Too much typing..norhing preloaded. All has to be built out by customer No touch screen interfacr.

von Dr. Karen Walters, D.C an 19.9.2017

We’ve attempted to contact your office to help you with your issues. First, ECLIPSE does indeed work with touch screens. (In fact, related touch/gesture updates have been noted in the README that accompanies your updates since at least 2014.)

Next, we’re not sure whether you’re referring to clinical documentation or other aspects of a patient’s history. Regardless, for both, wherever possible, typing is actually minimized. For example, “Range of Motion” is a pop-up grid that allows you to make virtually all your selections with a few simple clicks. No typing is necessary at all unless you add comments to a specific item. And of course, you can add your own customizations instantly. Though customization is certainly an option, the original templates provided “as-is” are in widespread use nationally without any customization whatsoever – inclusive of the offices of chiropractors & physical therapists that helped design them.

Most recently, Dr. Evan Gwilliam, D.C. of ChiroCode used ECLIPSE documentation to illustrate his newest video: “The Perfect Note.”

Good for the money, could use some work.

Bewertet am 15.12.2017
Kaitlyn H.
HR manager
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use and easy to teach to new employees. Good quality for the price. Software seems to run quickly, and customer service is always great. Training videos are a huge plus as well.

Nachteile: Texting and emailing interface is not easy to use. Takes more work than it is worth to send texts and emails to patients. Some features are counter-intuitive, such as having to click on the big patient info box in the patient Rolodex rather than the search bar to search for a name.

von Dr. Karen Walters, D.C. an 18.12.2017

Please read the response we provided yesterday to Jace from your office (directly below). If you contact our Help Desk, they can help you better understand the rolodex you use daily. (We also provide free online training videos & context-sensitive Help.) It doesn’t require *any* clicking at all. Either use your pointing device to scroll patients individually & page by page… or… just start typing! The rolodex instantly narrows down your selections as you type, so you never have to type extra characters to “zero-in” on the correct patient. We introduced this technology to the industry in 1985 [it’s now in use everywhere] and even those among our own multi-disciplinary practice staff who joined with no basic computer skills have never had issues with it.

Ease of Eclipse Software

Bewertet am 8.9.2016
Kyrsten L.
Lead CT/CRT
Medizinische Praxis

Vorteile: Eclipse is very customizable to our clinic's specific needs. The advisor that we have worked with for the past 27 years has helped us make any changes or modifications that we needed to make easy. She made sure that everyone in the clinic was comfortable with the changes before she left. She has been wonderful to work with as we transitioned to EHR and came out to our clinic and met with us on several occasions to make sure our transition went as seamlessly as possible.

Nachteile: There are frequent updates that have to be done before/after hours.

von Ryan Weaver, VP an 12.9.2016

Hi Kyrsten! Thanks for your kind words. I reached out to Laura Davis, your rep, and asked her to contact you about updates. We’re actually proud of the fact that we’re constantly updating ECLIPSE, but there’s certainly no requirement that you download updates as often as we make them available. Unless you have a specific & immediate need for a change or addition, checking for internet based updates weekly, monthly or less often is up to you. I’d suggest you consider monthly updates as a reasonable compromise to ensure you’re “up-to-date.”

Bewertet am 12.12.2011
Dr. robert S.

Kommentare: First, you should know that our office attested to CMS for Meaningful use on October 19, 2011 and received the full $18,000 on November 30, 2011. It was quick and easy. And best of all, we received our payment during the first year of availability because ECLIPSE was certified before all the initial deadlines. I’ve been in practice since 1983 and began using ECLIPSE in 1989. At the time, software was all about billing… and there was a clear difference between ECLIPSE and everything else we looked at. Within the next decade, after some experimentation, a scheduler had been developed and integrated that was as terrific as the billing. Throughout this period – because I’m comfortable with technology – I kept checking out competitive products. As we moved through HIPAA, ECLIPSE was always updated so my staff & I stayed in compliance with the law. And the features kept growing – like the form generator that saves us so much time handling the paperwork we’re constantly bombarded with. During that time, I had an idea for an add-on component that would handle electronic sign-in, hired a programmer, and had it integrated directly with the ECLIPSE database – something I couldn’t have easily done with another product. It worked out so well that now a team of programmers maintains it and it's in widespread use. I’ve been using the ECLIPSE EHR to scan EOB’s (among other things) for years, have all my SOAP in ECLIPSE and have worked through subsequent generations of SOAP as they improved the product. The Encounter – which is a completely new design – allows me to handle my notes in seconds… a feat rare among friends & colleagues with various SOAP systems. And I still appreciate the fact that MPN developed every aspect of ECLIPSE themselves… and haven’t licensed their scheduler… or their SOAP… or their billing… from other companies! It makes the program easier to learn for my staff & me. The bottom line is pretty simple. Many of my colleagues have been forced to make new purchases as their software of choice fell behind current technology. It’s a story that seems to repeat itself regularly. Yet, those of us who purchased ECLIPSE are still using it. And they’re the only company I know of that hasn’t raised fees for their certified products. I don’t know any doctors who’ve received incentive payments using a product that’s been around for more than two decades!

Understanding How To Utilize The Various Features

Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Dr. roger G.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I highly recommend Eclipse to other clinicians seeking a simple to use management software program in their offices. I have only used some of the features and realized there is so much more to utilize and create for your own personal templates of reports, data bases, etc.

Vorteile: The Eclipse office management software has always been easy to learn and utilize. The support staff has been very thorough in ensuring I am satisfied with their help when they are assisting me.

Nachteile: The ignorant computer operator, me a 55 year old provider who always delegated the task to someone else on the staff, is now needing to handle the software end of the practice. I am very limited in any capacity involving the use of the computer and was terrified of it. Eclipse's support team has made the learning so easy and accessible. The Saturday afternoon hours for the "holding of my hand" to help me learn the amazing options and features of the software was so beneficial for me.

26 years and counting of exceptional service

Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Timothy H.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been in practice 32 years and had tried several different programs. I started using Eclipse in March of 1992 and never had to look for another product. The old phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies to your program.
Thank you 26 great years!

Vorteile: The biggest Pro is the outstanding service. Anytime I or my staff have to call we are always greeted with your friendly staff & always receive resolutions to whatever issue we are encountering. The program is user friendly and Eclipse has always stayed on top with updates. In our ever changing insurance environment this is essential. The value for money is also a plus!

Nachteile: I keep coming back to this section (Cons of program) and seriously can't think of one that would justify listing here. There are always issues that crop up, but that usually has to do with some change in insurance and it requires Eclipse to create a work around, but that isn't a con on Eclipse's part.

Been happy with Eclipse for over 20 years

Bewertet am 9.2.2018
Giulio M.
Chiropractor
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We weren't using Eclipse's EHR because we had been using DC Powernotes for many years. DC Powernotes stopped offering support and updates several years ago so we recently looked into going with another software that we thought would have a good EHR but when we revisited Eclipse's EHR we were surprised at how good it had become. Much better than it was years ago. We always loved Eclipse's practice management capabilities but now with the ease of EHR it's got everything we need. Definitely use the third party vendors that work with Eclipse, such as X-Charge & Infinedi for integration of credit card & electronic billing and remittances and DataDepositBox for cloud backup.

Vorteile: Their practice management does EVERYTHING we need and more. Their EHR is through and fast. Easy to use interface. Constant updates. Great support.

Nachteile: There's not much we don't like about Eclipse. I suppose the only thing we'd like to see is that they go cloud based. Then we could use it on an Apple computer!

Great software with awesome support

Bewertet am 18.9.2017
Nick P.
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I would highly recommend Eclipse to anyone that wants a streamlined EHR experience. The way that the data is organized works extremely well for me. In my opinion the support you get is just as important as the software itself. With Eclipse my experience has been nothing short of 5 stars!

Vorteile: The ease of use is definitely a pro. My staff and myself picked up on the software very quickly and easily. I personally liked the ease of customizing each screen. The software I used before required many screens to be used to create a note. Eclipse does a better job with only a fraction of the screens required. The support has been great. I have only had a few issues, but they were responded to quickly and resolved in the same day, sometimes with in an hour or two.

Nachteile: The only con that I have seen with this software is the extra time i have to spend doing my honey do list instead of paperwork.

Pretty reliable product but culd use more training on impementing the features to suit our practice best.

Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Ronna A.
office manager
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Customer service is usually good. We lost our eclipse program recently and Hector was really helpful and got us up and running again the same day.

Nachteile: There are no training programs. After there is an update released and things added there is really no training on the new features. I'm pretty sure we could use this program more efficiently and that it has features we don't understand if there was a periodic training class we could access.

von Mike Norworth an 22.6.2018

Hi Ronna. Each & every update is accompanied by a README document, which often contains step-by-step instructions (as appropriate) for using new features. Updates may also be accompanied by updated HELP files, so you can press F1 for context-sensitive help. Training videos are available from your ECLIPSE menu, and the Help Desk is ready & able to assist you with anything you need. If you prefer even more extensive 1-on-1 training, that’s available from trainers either in your office or via the internet.

Eclipse software

Bewertet am 5.1.2018
Keith Z.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Appointment schedule and billing components. Could add an option to block time for multiple days or months. The new addition for multiple appointments in the patient charts when there is a conflict is very helpful.

Nachteile: Payment applications in patient accounts. It would be helpful to have the payments automatically applied to the oldest bill when adjustments have been completed. An easier option would be an billed amount on the top banner in the patient ledger. In addition to patient owes tab a unbilled tab would be helpful!

von Dr. Karen Walters, DC an 9.1.2018

First, we’d like to point out that the “new addition” you’re happy about was requested by you, added by us, and in use by you within days of your request. Next, we asked our Help Desk Director to reach out to your office today to help you with some of your other comments. For example, you can easily change your ledger view in seconds to display unbilled items by selecting available filters.