Best software for the price!

Bewertet am 23.1.2018
Teresa C.
Business Office Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of use although I am not a CPA. This program has even made me want to finish my accounting degree because I feel confident using it.

Vorteile: I cannot say enough PRO statements about PowerChurch. From the ease of use (if I can set up a Chart of Accounts - anyone can) to the variety of reports (more than I ever thought I needed) to the wonderful customer service (I brag about PowerChurch to everyone!), I cannot state enough how much I enjoy using this software. This is the 3rd church software program we have used in the my 23 years on staff and by far the easiest to learn and use. None others have compared to it! I love how the people are tracked in Membership and their offerings after entered into Contributions flow into the financial reporting side of PowerChurch. Why would anyone create more work for themselves and split up their work into separate programs when PowerChurch does it all?! I can honestly say that I have no interest in looking at any other software because I am thoroughly satisfied with all the results I get from using PowerChurch and all of its modules.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way to archive someone's attendance records after removing them from that class so that you could see a true record of attendance and not just current classes. I see where you can put a date for when they started in the class but not a place for a date of when they left the class.

von PowerChurch Software an 26.1.2018

Hi Teresa,

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that you find PowerChurch Plus easy to use for tracking your Membership, Contributions, and maintaining the church¿s finances. Your suggestion about being able to archive attendance records has been forwarded to Program Development. Currently, when someone is removed from a class their attendance records are retained and can be viewed on the Attendance tab of their Personal Profile record. If you have any other ideas for program enhancements, send us an e-mail to wishlist@powerchurch.com.

Thank you!

For the price, no other church software offers so much functionality.

Bewertet am 18.7.2017
Phil P.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Helps me do full-charge bookkeeping for more than a dozen churches effectively.

Vorteile: Full-featured church database management system. There are many very slick programs out there, and some even claim to have church accounting. But they mostly mean contribution tracking and nothing else. If you want a program DESIGNED with churches in mind (unlike QuickBooks, which tries to be everything to everyone, but is truly awkward for real church accounting), and you don't want to have to piecemeal the accounting tasks between several programs, AND you can't afford Shelby Systems, ACH, or any of the other full-featured programs, then PC+ is for you. I can handle absolutely everything for church accounting with the program: contribution tracking, accounts payable (bill paying), payroll (including the ability to print or electronically file 941s, W-2s, etc.), general ledger, financial statements, etc. I have used about a dozen different programs for church accounting, and none even comes close to what PC+ does for the price. Yes, there is some learning curve, as there is with any program. Don't make the mistake of thinking that an "intuitive" program will cause you to handle accounting correctly. NO PROGRAM, NO MATTER HOW SLICK, WILL TURN A NOVICE INTO A GOOD CHURCH ACCOUNTANT. You have to know what you're doing regarding non-profit accounting, ministers' taxes, etc. if you're going to get it right. No software can change this. So if you understand enough to correctly handle church accounting, PC+ will help you do all of it.

Nachteile: Though the developers regularly update the program to fix bugs and add features, it is still based on an old database standard, which makes it feel like a "window-ized" DOS program. I have heard they are working on a new version based on something more modern, but there doesn't seem to be any hurry to get it done. Consequently, the program lacks things like fully-customizable reports. There are many choices in the kinds of canned reports and what can be included, how sorted, etc. There is also a report writer, but it is not for the faint of heart. There are a number of other ways that the program feels somewhat last century. That said, once you learn the "quirks" of the program (they all have them), you can learn to work with them to get the job done and quickly.

von PowerChurch Software an 19.7.2017

Hello, Phil,

Thank you for your in-depth review of the program. We're very glad to hear that PowerChurch Plus has been able to facilitate your bookkeeping for so many clients, and that you find it capable of handling all tasks related to church accounting. We appreciate and welcome the candidness of your feedback. Should you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 800-486-1800 between the hours of 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday.

Still a fan after 20+ years

Diane G.
Business Administrator
201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We started using Power Church for our membership database in 1995, and found it to be user friendly, easy to learn, and more than adequate for our needs. Frankly, our initial choice of Power Church was budget based; I had previewed Shelby Systems, and liked its features, but found it prohibitively expensive. I had also previewed some less expensive options, but when Power Church came to my attention, and the price was right, it seemed like a wise choice for handling our congregational directory information, and mailing labels. We also made use of the Activities and Skills module fairly soon after purchasing. A few years later, we decided to take advantage of the integrated features of the program, and switched to Power Church for contributions, payroll and fund accounting. I've never regretted it; in fact, I've helped three other churches set up their accounting systems in Power Church, and I would not hesitate to recommend it as a flexible, powerful and cost-effective program.

Vorteile: Purchasing the program gives the user access to all its features; other programs require purchasing modules separately, and/or annual fees for updates;
The program can be easily installed on multiple computers on a network;
There is no additional charge for maintenance releases that are frequently issued to make the program more functional;
The program is updated every few years, and current users are able to purchase program updates for a very reasonable cost;
The online forum is very helpful in resolving issues that come up from time to time; also, technical support is readily available, even without a subscription;
Program developers are responsive to users; it never takes long for flaws in the program to be fixed. Also, the online versions and added features, like the children's check-in system, are readily available.
I'll probably think of other features after I submit this, but it boils down to the fact that Power Church Plus is a highly functional, flexible, user-friendly, cost-effective church database management system.

Works for us!

Bewertet am 23.3.2017
Gerald S.
Retired
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This review is based on the position of maintenance rather than everyday use. My initial experience with PCP began about two years ago when I was handed the "keys" (as administrator). PCP has been used at FBC since about 2007. At the time I got it, we were using the Membership and Contributions modules. My first big project was moving our accounting from a commercial package to the PCP Accounting module. That project has occupied most of my two-year term because we changed our fiscal year by six months and our computer system was attacked by a ransomeware virus; we had most essential files backed up, but lost the newer data that was duplicated from the commercial accounting package, so we re-initiated the move at the next FY. The Accounting module is running nicely now, and using PCP accounting will save us a bunch per year.
My next project will be to "encourage" a move from older software to the Events module and to advertise the capabilities of the Record Keeping module.
The routine accounting operations are relatively easy to set up, including custom check writing. We are able to use several of the ready-made reports, but would like to be able modify some of them rather than designing our own from scratch; we're working on a couple custom designs now, while learning our way through FoxPro.

Vorteile: Generally user friendly and shows data well.

Nachteile: Accounting forms are well designed generally, but not adjustable to the extent our application could use. Forms design is feasible but can be time-consuming. "Expressions" design screen displays VERY tiny characters that make composition and especially error correction an optical challenge. (Is that an extra comma or a dead pixel on my screen....?)

von PowerChurch Software an 29.3.2017

Hello, Gerald,

It looks like your organization has been able to get quite a lot out of the Custom Reports feature in PowerChurch Plus. That's great to hear! Custom Reports can be quite complicated. You mentioned the ability to further modify built in reports, and we'd love to hear any suggestions or requests you have. Send your suggestions to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Additionally, as you're moving onto your next project, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions about Events or Record Keeping. We're available Monday - Friday 9AM to 6PM Eastern at 800-486-1800.

Admin Assist

Debbie S.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Power Church since the third version and love it. (I think over 10years) It is as complex or as simple as you want it to be for your work. A great all in one software for the large or small Church office. It's flexible enough that you can start out using just part of it and grow into using more and more of it's features.

Vorteile: There is no need to buy other programs for all the varied tasks that happen weekly. It handles all the data base stuff like people data, mailing lists, attendance even with a spot for a picture of the family to name just a simple few. It's calendaring/scheduling module replaced my other dedicated software program. The contribution module does a a better job of keeping folks money in order and reporting it than the other dedicated non-profit software does. The accounting module & contribution module replaces my dedicated $ program. If I had the time (a part timer) I would definitely find the sermon and inventory trackers helpful as well. It is network-able so I only have to train my Pastor's how to get in to the program and they have what ever information they need when they need it, without yelling for me. It won't break your software budget.

Nachteile: Creating custom reports is still tricky for me to do in program so I export to MsWord or Excel to get what I need done more quickly. It doesn't help me make the weekly bulletin or monthly newsletter.

Great software if you understand Debits and Credits

Bewertet am 23.3.2017
Jerry W.
Treasurer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would be using Quicken if it wasn't for the Payroll module. It's my favorite module and keeps track of the taxes and SS deductions but I had to have help several years ago setting this all up. (Three or Four sessions)
I do like the accounts payable module. Especially computer checks!! Someone else in our church uses the Contribution module but I had to train them in it. They are doing well. Prices are good for upgrades.

Vorteile: Payroll, Accounts Payable, & fund accounting work fine but if you make a mistake, Lord Help you finding it. This is software for the college trained accountant I believe. Quicken is better for the novice but no Payroll included. The videos on your support helped immensely. Otherwise I would have given up!!

Nachteile: The last time I trained an assistant treasurer on this software it took several months and I ended up taking it back to fix all the mistakes. Too many things to remember for the novice accountant.

von PowerChurch Software an 29.3.2017

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for taking the time to review PowerChurch Plus. We're glad to hear you find the Payroll module to be so full featured and useful. As you mentioned, our training videos are a great resource to become more comfortable with each area of the program, including Fund Accounting, which at first can seem a bit daunting to the novice. As always, please don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have any questions. We're available Monday - Friday 9AM to 6PM Eastern at 800-486-1800.

User Since 2010

Bewertet am 10.8.2018
Rev harold K.
Senior Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm ready to upgrade!

Vorteile: I've been around PC+ since 2001 first as an IT Tech installing for churches across So. Florida until My wife and I planted a church in Georgia of 2010. I can say that the actual use was a challenge for me and so different than installing for others but I made it through. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to use. All that You need is right here in PC+. the other reviews are honest and healthy reviews as users perfectly describe their experience. I'm sure we made a great choice.

Nachteile: I'm really not sure of the cons ... not saying that there isn't any. there is no one application out there is going to be the best since slice bread. yeas we had and have challenges, but we are able through the forums to get fast and quick answers when needed. However, if I had to pick a con ... well it would be the upgrade. to get the media, you have to pay additional dollars and that makes me shed a tear ... that is a lot.

von PowerChurch Software an 20.9.2018

Hi Rev Harold,

Thank you for your review of PowerChurch Plus. Glad to hear that you find the program fits the needs of your ministry. We agree that not just one application is the best for everyone. There¿s always room for improvements and we work hard to bring those changes requested by our users. As for purchasing the upgrade, we can provide you with a link to download the program, instead of sending you a CD and manual, at no additional cost. A PDF of the manual is included. To order or if you have any questions please give us a call at (800) 486-1800. We are available Monday ¿ Friday, 9am ¿ 6pm Eastern.

Thank you!

Great and affordable software for churches

Bewertet am 13.8.2016
Juanita R.
Bookkeeper
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Updates to the payroll module in recent years are a definite plus making preparing tax returns SO much easier! The ability to handle temporary restricted funds is a definite plus over Quick Books. I was asked to audit books for a church using Quick Books, and they are using liability accounts to manage restricted funds. That procedure definitely paints an incorrect picture of the financial health of the institution and presents a opportunity for a very tense business meeting.

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to do my job and the clarity of reports I am able to present to the financial teams for the churches where I work.

Nachteile: The Cash Managemet Report is a great report for untrained people to understand their available funds. It would be great if this report could be done by fund like the Balance Sheet. I keep books for a church that has a diverse ministry and 3 bank accounts; and because the Cash Management Report is not available by fund, I prepare the Balance Sheet for each fund which requires doing some substracting of temporarily restricted funds from the cash in bank to determine available funds.

I've been using PowerChurch for over 20 years. The price is what brought me to the program.

Bewertet am 1.8.2017
Cheryl K.
Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The integration of accounting, membership, payroll, etc. is helpful. The addition of e-filing is especially nice, even if it costs an additional fee.

Vorteile: Integration and price. Compared to other software companies who charge for every little maintenance update and require you to purchase monthly support programs due to crashes and difficulties in use PowerChurch is the best budget choice.

Nachteile: Accounts Receivable and Events. The accounts receivable is mediocre at best. We use if for our preschool and it is lacking. The calendar program has improved greatly over the years, but still has some much needed improvements for editing repeating events, etc.

von PowerChurch Software an 4.8.2017

Hi Cheryl,

We really appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. Thank you for also mentioning that the PowerChurch Plus program comes with all modules included for just one price. In regards to the Accounts Receivable section, it is just one of the areas that will receive major updates and improvements in the next version of the program. Feel free to email us at wishlist@powerchurch.com anytime you have suggestions.

This is for PowerChurch Verison 10

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Rachel E.
Owner/ Photographer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use it as a church secretary on a daily basis. I enjoy it but would love to see it be more user friendly.

Vorteile: It is nice to keep all the information in one spot. I can look up a member's info and it is all at my fingertips. It is very straightforward without a lot of bells and whistles. If you make a mistake entering contributions it is very easy to fix.

Nachteile: There are multiple ways to do one that which can get confusing because they all give you slightly different results. It isn't very asthically pleasing. But it gets the job done. There isn't a great guide as to how to do things that I can find.

von PowerChurch Software an 9.1.2019

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your review of PowerChurch Plus Version 10. It¿s good to hear that you like how the program keeps all your information in one place. We¿ve made a vast number of changes and improvements since version 10 was released. Visit www.powerchurch.com/changes to learn more. To request a demo of the latest version, visit www.powerchurch.com/demo. If you have any questions, give us a call at (800) 486-1800, Monday ¿ Friday, 9 AM ¿ 6 PM Eastern.

I've been using Power Church for over 25 years. Can't imagine what my job would be like without it.

Bewertet am 7.9.2017
Sara M.
Church Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It makes it possible to perform my job.

Vorteile: The integrated system between accounting, contributions, and membership is such a valuable tool. It makes my job as Church Office Administrator much easier. The variety and ease of printing reports and capturing data is so beneficial. I really appreciate the relevant software updates and the collaboration with my electronic fund transfer company.

Nachteile: Too many questions when adding a new profile. I wish I could trailer this to my specific needs. Tailor making reports and the query process is not easy.

von PowerChurch Software an 11.9.2017

Hi Sara,

Thank you so much for your excellent review of PowerChurch Plus. We're happy to hear that the integration between the various modules of the program, combined with the available reporting options, have been so beneficial to the performance of your job. We always look forward to hearing suggestions or comments from our valued users. If you have any additional requests or recommendations, please don't hesitate to send us an email to wishlist@powerchurch.com.

Thanks again.

Outstanding Church Software

Bewertet am 20.3.2017
Morris S.
Finance Manager
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Power Church is customized for church accounting. It gives you almost unlimited options in setting up different accounts to track funds customized to your situation. Like any software it takes some education and experience but the on line forum is a great place for help. Their customer service is the best I have ever encountered by a huge margin. Response in many cases is immediate and they will always help identify and solve your issue. Program.is updated when needed and improvements come from customers.

Vorteile: Customized for churches. Outstanding customer service.

Nachteile: Writing special reports require experience but not needed often due to large selection of predefined reports.

von PowerChurch Software an 30.3.2017

Hi Morris,

We really appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. We're also glad to read that your customer service experience with us has been exceptional. Thank you for mentioning the Forum on www.powerchurch.com. It can certainly be a great resource to find answers not only from our customer support team, but also from fellow PowerChurch Plus users. Thank you!

Affordable, PC-based Member/Donation Management

Bobby Y.
Business Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My church was forced to change software when our previous vendor stopped supporting their PC-based software and was pushing for a cloud/web-based upgrade. My small church only needed software for membership management and donations. Call me "old-school" but I just did not want to transition to the cloud. PowerChurch Plus was the perfect solution. It is one of the few programs out there that is both affordable and PC-based. There were no strict license requirements or user/member/dollar limits. Their support in migrating data from our old software to PowerChurch Plus was timely, accurate and supportive. I have only used PowerChurch Plus for 7 months, but I love its speed and ease of use. Oh, for those who want to be cloud/web-based, they offer an online version, too!

Vorteile: 1. PC-based with no limits regarding licenses/members/dollars.
2. Very affordable for all of the features included.
3. There are a good number of reports included with the software.
4. Their customer support and community forums are helpful, easy to use, and responsive.

Nachteile: 1. Lack of ability to customize the "appearance/design" of reports included with the software.
2. There is a pretty good learning-curve for creating customized reports of your own.

My experience with PowerChurch has been excellent!

Bewertet am 11.7.2018
English Teacher

Kommentare: This software benefitted our church treasurer greatly. No more account ledgers tucked away in a filing cabinet. Myself and my pastor can now quickly and easily access financial records without having to find the keys to the filing cabinet and decipher the filing system the treasurer uses to tuck things away!

Vorteile: PowerChurch gives me the ability to manage multiple funds and accounts quickly and easily. It also gives me the ability to manage membership, church attendance, gauge growth of individual classes, etc. The customer service is excellent. I am not one who likes to call and wait to speak to a representative and I don't have to because the online help is excellent. On the two occasions I did have to call the hotline, customer support was quick and friendly.

Nachteile: I do wish there were more updates and that the service itself looked more modern. The firmware updates do not roll out quickly and sometimes there are bugs that need to be addressed.

von PowerChurch Software an 16.7.2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. We're happy to read that you've had such an excellent experience, and that the program has been such an asset to your church in terms of membership and financial management and reporting. We're always working to release updates and improvements for PowerChurch Plus, so please don't hesitate to contact us if you run into something you think may be an issue in the program. You can reach us at 800-486-1800, Monday through Friday 9AM - 6PM Eastern. Thank you again.

Simple to use and easy to understand

Bewertet am 5.12.2017
Lisa H.
business manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to use the membership records and maintain them with notes and other informaiton. The financials are easy to use and adding the budget is very easy as well

Vorteile: Functional and easy to use the system for financials and membership files. Reports are easy to select and pull off for other volunteers in the church.

Nachteile: Could have more integrated fields between family and personal profiles. There are times you have to go into each separate field to put in the same information. It should populate all fields.

von PowerChurch Software an 6.12.2017

Lisa,

Thank you for submitting your review of PowerChurch Plus. We're happy to hear that you find the program easy to use, and that the reports and note-taking options help you do your work as a church volunteer. We'd love to hear any specific suggestions you have in regards to the integration between family and personal profile records. Feel free to send an email to wishlist@powerchurch.com with your thoughts or requests.

This system was already in place when I came to this job, but it was easy to learn.

Bewertet am 16.5.2017
Kris W.
Operations Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use. It's has lots of functions, we don't use everything that we could, but with a move to online function this will be expanded to include the Check-in system.

Nachteile: Reporting could be more robust. I'd like more options when selecting the data that can be used in a report. I'm hoping the online version will have those options.

von PowerChurch Software an 16.5.2017

Hello Kris,

We're happy to hear that you've found PowerChurch Plus easy to learn and use. We're currently working on adding more features and reports for future releases of the program, and we'd love to hear any suggestions you have in regards to reporting. Please send any requests or recommendations to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Additionally, if you're having trouble getting the information you need in certain reports, don't hesitate to give us a call for technical support. We're available at 1-800-486-1800, Monday through Friday 9AM to 6PM Eastern.

quite satisfied!

Monique H.
bookkeeper
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent value for the money. A member of our Church Board, an accountant by profession, decided to purchase this software. As a bookkeeper, I am so grateful for his choice. Technical Support is very helpful at the beginning. If the technicians are busy, you leave a message and they call back within 1 hour.

Vorteile: Software is user-friendly. Updates are free.

Nachteile: It takes a long time to create the database but once done, any changes are a breeze. It would be great if the software would have cross-reference capability. We would not have to download different reports to get details on a certain document.

PowerChurch

Judith H.
Computer Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used PowerChurch software at one location (FUMCSB) for over 20 years as Computer Manager and another location (FCCSB) for 10 years as bookkeeper/secretary. Both positions are part time--two days weekly at one and 3 days weekly at the other. At FUMCSB we began using this program only for attendance and contributions, saving the contributions on an external floppy disk. In 2010 we began using it in conjunction with Vanco Services for online giving. In 2013 we began using it for accounting and in 2014 we began using a second Fund for Preschool in order to account for Preschool separate from the General Fund as well as Consolidated with the General Fund.

Vorteile: This is very easy to use and to teach others how to use. There is a large variety of reports available and we can also create our own reports.

Nachteile: Creating our own reports is more difficult than it should be.

PowerChurch Plus is great accounting software for your place of worship

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Spencer J.
Director of Research
Staatsverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I was very pleased with PowerChurch Plus. I was treasurer at our church and it definitely made my job that much easier.

Vorteile: I like how easy it was to set up repetitive tasks. This made it very easy to input the weekly contributions from our congregation.

Nachteile: It can be very overwhelming at first setting everything up and getting started. I would recommend reading the manual very carefully and using it as a reference if you run into any issues later down the road.

von PowerChurch Software an 8.3.2019

Hi Spencer,

Thank you for taking time to review PowerChurch Plus. We are glad to hear that PowerChurch Plus was the right tool to help make your job easier. It¿s good that you made use of the reference manual as you were setting things up. We also offer online videos to help users learn the program. Don¿t hesitate to call us if we can help you along the way.

Love PC

Bewertet am 15.8.2017
Sandy Y.
Church Business Officer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I especially like the internet access where I can work from home or from the church office.

Vorteile: PC is user friendly and produces wonderful reports.
It integrates well with several other software making exporting & importing exceptional.

Nachteile: Most CPA's in Naples, FL doesn't understand the accounting software portion of PC.
I need someone to contact me.

von PowerChurch Software an 16.8.2017

Hello Sandy,

We're happy to hear that you've found the reporting and third-party integration within PowerChurch Plus to be user friendly and full-featured. We're also glad that the PowerChurch Online service has been so useful, allowing you to access the program from anywhere with an internet connection. You mentioned the accounting module in PowerChurch Plus, and we'd be more than happy to assist you with any questions. Please don't hesitate to call us at 800-486-1800, Monday through Friday, 9AM - 6PM Eastern.

Multiple Uses in this Database

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Ed G.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We have used PowerChurch+ in many ways. First, the membership module has been very useful for keeping track of members, attenders, and visitors. Each person or family you input can be labeled as such. A convenient church directory can be printed from this module. We have used the payroll module, which is robust. We have never used the inventory module, but looks to be useful.

Nachteile: Each point of data must be input to build your directory/database.

von PowerChurch Software an 30.11.2018

Hi Ed,

Thank you so much for taking the time to compose and submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. We love hearing from our customers, and we're happy to hear that, specifically, the Membership and Payroll modules have been so useful to you and your organization. As you mentioned, Payroll is one of many robust areas of the program, and PowerChurch Plus is a full-featured church management solution. PowerChurch Plus does rely on manual data entry for many areas of the program, but we're constantly working to introduce and improve the ability to import directly into PowerChurch. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions about this or any other features. We can be reached at 800-486-1800, Monday through Friday, 9AM to 6PM Eastern.

Used with success and confidence since 1991

Beverly C.
Financial Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used Power Church since 1991 and absolutely love it. Have not had to call for support since the first two or three years. Updates have been great and not costly at all.

Vorteile: Everything you could ask for such as membership data, financial record keeping and reporting, inventory of building and music, and ministry service. And it is all integrated! Exceptionally user friendly and takes little time to learn.

Nachteile: Too many pages of paper not used to the fullest extent that they could be. If you have not used a fund for a couple of years it still prints out a sheet every month. Can't seem to shut that fund down for a time.

We've been pleased with this software. Both stable and simple, it allows us to manage data easily.

Bewertet am 27.6.2018
Reagan M.
Pastor-Teacher

Vorteile: We've appreciated the simplicity of entering and erasing contacts; the options for expansion (i.e., accounting, calendar); and the remote option.

Nachteile: At points, the editing can be cumbersome. My assistant and some of our volunteers have had trouble with this aspect consistently.

von PowerChurch Software an 28.6.2018

Hi Reagan,

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. We're glad to hear that the program has been a benefit to you in terms of the ease of data entry, keeping track of contact information, and the additional modules built into the program such as Accounting and the Events Calendar. We're constantly working to introduce new features and improvements into PowerChurch Plus, and always welcome feedback and suggestions. Feel free to e-mail any ideas to wishlist@powerchurch.com.

Power Church is Powerful

Bewertet am 2.2.2019
Regina D.
Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software allows me to keep accurate records for my church, pay invoices, payroll, catalog messages, keep information and photos of members. Been using it for over 15 years.

Vorteile: This is the best product I've found for church accounting. Everything you need in one platform. From membership to contributions to inventory.

Nachteile: The only downside is that you cannot pay invoices electronically. You can only write checks.

von PowerChurch Software an 7.2.2019

Hi Regina,

Thank you for taking time to submit a review on PowerChurch Plus. It¿s wonderful to hear from a long time user who still finds the program meets their needs. We also appreciate your suggestion about an electronic bill pay feature. It has been forwarded to Program Development. If you have any other ideas, please don¿t hesitate to send them to wishlist@powerchurch.com.

We Stayed with Power Church

Bewertet am 11.8.2016
Jerry S.
Retired Maintenance and IT Coordinator
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While on the board of our local church, we did an exhaustive study into Church CMS. We selected Power Church Plus after that study. Then while serving as the Manitenance and IT coordinator we briefly went to a competitor because it was first with the Children's Checkin Module. After a horrendous start-up and about a year of use, we went back to PC+ when it developed their own version of the check-in system. I believe we have been users now for about 30 years and happy with our relationship.

Vorteile: (1) Membership and Activity Tracking
(2) Finance
(3) Room SCheduling

Nachteile: We wish there was a better interface with the caladar system for our web page. Possibly we need to switch to the Online PC+ system