IconCMO ROCKS

Vania R.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been working with IconCMO since 2006 and I recommend it to any church that needs to keep their financial records in order. Upon my recommend my mother’s church has adopted IconCMO and is appreciating the ease of use especially since they’ve had to deal with using a temporary as they fill their financial officer position. This has saved them countless hours of work when the new person started so they didn’t have to do any research or catching up of financial entries that needed to be made. This year our church started a building campaign and IconCMO has helped us in monitoring, planning and providing reports which are needed by bankers, leasing agents and government agencies. We are so thankful to have this software as we plan and grow.

Vorteile: I have used IconCMO since 2006. The main function we use is to keep all the financial records for offerings and paying of bills. I love the ease of use when a question comes up about an expenditure. It’s very easy for me to find the details and report on the question in a timely manner. I also appreciate the quarterly and year end statements. I have hundreds of statements to send out but the majority of my time is spent stuffing the envelopes because printing the statements is quick.

Nachteile: I would love it if the alternate address when used, would show up in reports and on the contribution entry page. Thankfully it is used on the statements.

von Icon Systems an 19.11.2018

Thank you for the awesome review, Vania! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful for your business over the years.

Over 13 years with ICON

Bewertet am 20.6.2019
Jodi N.
Office Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We have been using ICON for over 13 years, I personally have been using the software for 8 years. We have only purchased the membership and contributions no other accounting software. What I liked about ICON is the many options to create groups and talents of the membership. You are able to sort, export groups, and print labels many functions. The database for the households and each member you are able to track birthdays, baptisms, First holy communion, and marriages and so much more on each member. On both households and members you have many report options to print or view. The Archives love this option, a member is never truly deleted. We have had members move away for years then return to the parish. I always look in the archives to see what information we had on them and un-archive the member back to active status then update the information. The contributions are easy to enter, type a envelope and the amount pretty much that easy to record the tithing of parishioners. The email function in so many places you can email the membership and it records the email so can reference the message later. Overall we are very pleased with the ICON.

Nachteile: One of my biggest complaints and it sounds very minor but we use a lot of groups. We have groups for households and groups for members. When you select a household then more information you can see the groups the household is part of. My biggest complaints is I can not add or delete a group from that household at that point. I need to go to the group sidebar - manage group to make changes for a household. However this function is available when you are in the member information, you can add or delete groups from the individual.

von Icon Systems an 24.6.2019

Thanks for the review, Jodi. We appreciate your input! I'll pass your suggestion about adding/removing people to/from household groups along to our developers for consideration.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any suggestions, recommendations, or issues you run into down the road. IconCMO is evolving every day and much of our product development is based on feedback from users like you.

Have an awesome day!

Great product, Great support

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Ellen K.
Administrative Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very good. From the onset of using this software, I found it easy to navigate and easy to get answers to any questions I have had.

Vorteile: I find this software very easy to use for the most part. If I have a problem, the support is amazing and fast. Overall, the software is so easy to use and understand that I can catch on pretty easily.

Nachteile: The updates sometimes seem to be numerous and hard to keep up with. The look changes every now and then and I have a learning curve.

von Icon Systems an 11.12.2019

Thank you for the positive feedback. We're happy to have you as a customer. Please call if you ever have questions regarding any of the updates - we're here to help!

Good for my church

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
retired
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The membership component interfaces easily with the contributions component. I hoped to use the groups component but that has not come to pass.

Vorteile: It is very easy to get started with this software. And support is relatively easy. As admin, I could easily establish users for the system.

Nachteile: Support is iffy. It depends on users to answer the questions for MANY questions. I would prefer to learn from those who set up the program.

von Icon Systems an 11.11.2019

We appreciate you taking the time to write the review and value your feedback. We have a support staff that would love to provide additional training or answer any questions you have regarding the system. I'll include a link to our training calendar as well as additional resources.
Support number - 218-236-1899
Training calendar -https://meetings.hubspot.com/carrie47
Blog 7 ways to get help with Icon - https://www.iconcmo.com/blog/2019/08/13/7-ways-to-get-help-with-iconcmo/
Email - Support@iconcmo.com

improved but still needs more help

Alan F.
bookkeeper
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When I started working at St Stefanos GOC I was told I had to enter deposits into ICON and Qiuckbooks and I do. I get stewardship reports from ICON and also print reports for mailing.

Vorteile: There are a large number of reports available and it is easy for us to mail out statements of to our stewards from the software.

Nachteile: Some simple fixes are still not done. Many of our checks come from banks issued but the check number field will not accommodate the number of digits.
I enter deposits twice, once in ICON and once in QuickBooks. The deposit in ICON takes much longer because I have to use a cursor to select a letter range before searching for a steward family name. In QuickBooks I just type one or two letters to find the name.
Deposit batches that need to be edited are assigned a new batch number, which is out of sequence with when the original batch was done. It would be easier if the batch was just marked as "edited".
Some fields do not accept characters like / so dates must be typed out.

von Icon Systems an 20.6.2019

Thank you for the review, Alan! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with the system. We recently increased the check number field to accommodate larger numbers. A while back we added a "smart search" to the contribution entry window so you can easily search by typing in the first few letters of a name.

It sounds like you've missed a few of our updates! Please reply back or email support@iconcmo.com so we can get you on our email newsletter list.

Have an awesome day!

ICON Has Been A Blessing

Steve J.
Finance Chair
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were users of Logos for ten years. After they were bought out their customer service really declined and then they went downhill from that. We found out they were going out of business on a text support call. The customer service team never got in touch with us. When we finally sorted things out we were faced with grossly higher costs and a costly paid data transition. We began a new evaluation process and selected ICON as it met our needs at a very good price point. We upgraded from an old, thick client system that was cumbersome to a fantastic web based set of tools. The data transition was simple and we had a great experience getting started with ICON. We love the functionality and reporting.

Vorteile: The software is built with intuitive and simple to use graphical user interfaces (GUI). The layout of the GUI are well thought out and make the user experience pleasant and simple. The ability to move seamlessly between them heightens the experience. Whether it is managing families, people, giving or accounting functions, ICON has been a great upgrade for us from our prior software.

Nachteile: There are a few layout issues where the experience could be improved. The good news is that when we mention them the ICON Team listens and we have already seen improvements in the short time we have aubscribed.

von Icon Systems an 5.6.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Steve! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you on board with IconCMO.

Icon has helped our church grow without a headache

Carma R.
Finance Committee Member
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was not involved in choosing the software, but I was involved early on as we started using it. I found it to be fairly intuitive especially for people with any database management background. As a volunteer, my involvement has varied in intensity depending on need and my availability and I find I can jump right in again after being away for a while. Icon and Vanco have both been very accessible for technical assistance. Our church has benefited a lot from this system.

Vorteile: I like that any number of members of our church can access the system at any time, from any computer. No application download is necessary, just an internet connection. I like that it incorporates donor information with donations - links with the credit card company. I like that things that matter are customizable, like fiscal year of donation, fiscal year start and end dates, families with multiple last names. I love the searchable Q&As, I have often found quick answers to my questions through that. I like the directory ap which we have just started using. I like that icon is always making improvements without making changes that change the functionality in a bad way, or a way that requires retraining.

Nachteile: I don't find the canned graphs to be what I want, but since the data is easily downloaded I have made good use of excel and access to create what I want. I know there is a reporting module, but it is easier for me to use programs I already know. The attendance module has not been helpful to us, it is too cumbersome to identify attendance of individuals, we track attendance by raw numbers. This is more easily done for us separately in something like excel. Both a pro and a con - where the date ranges are customizable (which is a definite 'pro', they don't 'stick' when choosing a new fund or fiscal year or certain other choices, so they must be entered in again if the wrong sequence is used. Not a big deal, just an inconvenience. I wish there were a place for notes associated with the pledge page - to note specifics about household pledges if needed without having to go back to the household page for notes, also as sometimes $ notes are more confidential. I have not yet found where text input by the donor in Vanco webservices transfers to icon. I don't think it does and I wish it did. These are all minor 'cons', more like suggestions for future improvements.

von Icon Systems an 5.6.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Carma! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Stay tuned! We are working on some updates to the graphs. :)

Also, there is a place to record a head count in the general attendance module. Please give us a call at (218) 236-1899 and we'll be happy to show you how.

Great All-In-One Management Software

Josiah M.
Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are able to handle weekly contributions that are taken up during services as well as have the ability to import our online giving through Vanco seamlessly. We can manage all of our payables and print reports on demand. Payroll setup is easy, as is the members and groups portion of the software. I like that it is online so I can manage things if I have to be out of town or away from my office computer.

Vorteile: Everything is in one place so we can track our attendance, manage membership, pay bills, receive contributions including online giving, and manage employees and handle their payroll. They have made improvements to the user screens to make processes more intuitive and streamlined so less windows have to be opened up within the screen.

Nachteile: I was less familiar with double entry accounting so it took a little bit of getting used to after having worked exclusively with QuickBooks prior to being employed here.

von Icon Systems an 5.6.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Josiah! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

IconCMO

Bewertet am 23.5.2019
Karen O.
Children's Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our buisness has enjoyed our experience. Having one central location for all types of administrative/client information is helpful and that each person on staff can access that information is key.

Vorteile: I like that this software is a hub for all of the things our business needs. It is easy to use because of the way each area is categorized. It is also easy to update information. Multiple log-ins allow each staff person access and I can take this software on the go, too, which is important in today's fast-paced world.

Nachteile: It took some time to be come familiar with the layout and how to access the information you are looking for.

von Icon Systems an 30.5.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Pastor Karen! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Icon & SBC

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Caryn E.
Treasurer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using Icon since 2015 and have been happy with the product. Over the years, have used more functionality of the software.

Vorteile: I like that the software is web based and customer support is excellent. The tutorials are easy to follow.

Nachteile: Icon doesn't always function according to normal accounting practices. Some upgrades/functionality changes takes a while. Waiting for Icon to upgrade functionality so can correct an amount without having to void or delete the entry.

One stop shopping

Bewertet am 29.5.2019
Dottie B.
business manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quickbooks does not allow for designated gifts to be held across fiscal years without naming them liabilities. That makes for confusion in reporting because you may have a starting balance of $0, get in donations of $1000, send a check to, say, a food pantry of $1000 and have an ending balance of $0. In reporting it looks like nothing at all happened. Not so with IconCMO where a fund can be set up and the ins and outs are reported clearly. IconCMO has added transparency to reporting. Having all systems tied together has reduced workload on both treasurer and secretary.

Vorteile: Integration of all systems is great. I used to use Quickbooks, Revelations and Excel to do what this does in one. The Vanco tie in is extremely helpful as well. The ability to work within funds has been good once I understood fund accounting better. Definitely designed for the non-profit in mind, unlike QB. Cloud-based is very helpful to me, giving me the opportunity to work from home somewhat, and for the pastors to access the directory and to enter visitation notes remotely. Many parishioners appreciate the ability to see their giving online and to receive statements via email.

Nachteile: The learning curve is huge. Most church treasurers typically do not have an in depth accounting background, are often a department of one (no team to consult with/learn from) and learning this takes time. The videos are somewhat helpful, but more personalized training would be fabulous. The expectations of this church as far as separation of funds go are high and it requires a lot of processes to maintain them reasonably. I have asked why there cannot be "sub-funds" (as in separated named memorials under a larger memorials fund) and was told that it was not up to GAAP. I don't see why John Doe's memorial would have different tax implications than Jane Doe's if they were separate funds or lumped together. That makes for many journal entries to keep records and reporting the way our memorial committee wants. Same for missions/youth/building etc. Also, searching the help section results in way too many hits that have nothing to do with the questions to which I need answers. I rarely if ever use that function anymore.

von Icon Systems an 5.6.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Dottie! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

P.S. We're currently working on clearing out some of the old posts in the support forum. Hopefully that'll make it easier for you to use.

Using ICON for church membership

Bewertet am 23.5.2019
Marlene D.
office admin
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it has been a good experience. The times that I have needed to call for help, I have had my questions answered. It is nice that it is cloud/internet based so that if I am off-site and need to do something/find something in the database, I am able to access it.

Vorteile: With this software we are able to keep track of our members -- current and past. It is nice to be able to archive member information if they have passed away or transferred, it becomes a historical record. We are able to create reports and various groups based on our needs. For example, we have a group for those we mail bulletins to and for certain age groups for children. We are also able to create reports based on giving records; these records do not have to show personal information, the information can be data only.

Nachteile: I find there are a couple fields in the member info that it seems like if I fill it out once, it should transfer to the smiliar field in another view, but it does not so we then need to fill it in/update it twice. For example, it would be nice if it would automatically pick up the 2 adult members from a household and make those the household name, but it does not, it only lists the name selected as "head of household." It is sometimes hard to find answers in the help section, it appears to be mainly questions others have asked, so sometimes the answers are out-of-date because parts of the software have changed/been updated.

von Icon Systems an 30.5.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Marlene! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

When you create a new household, the system will automatically take the household name and create the family member record(s) for the head(s) of household. It's possible this setting was turned off on your account. Please give me a call at (218) 236-1899 and we'll take a look.

We hear you--we're currently working on cleaning outdated and irrelevant posts from the support forum so it's easier to find the help you're looking for.

Good experience with IconCMO

Bewertet am 15.11.2018
Cynthia B.
System Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Without a doubt, IconCMO's customer service is the best I've encountered. We’ve always found them willing to take time, very knowledgeable and friendly, easy to contact by phone or email, and incredibly responsive. If they can’t answer our question immediately, they get back quickly, almost always that day. They even willingly consider suggestions and have made multiple enhancements to help solve our needs. IconCMO is web based so we can use it wherever there’s an internet connection. They allow an unlimited number of users, even at the same time, without any extra charge. Working collaboratively or in parallel from different locations is invaluable. Another feature we appreciate is emailing contribution statements. It saves the time and expense of snail-mailing and our congregants get their statements instantaneously. IconCMO is a very robust system that does an excellent job of addressing our accounting needs. Its amazing flexibility allows us to tailor the system to our own congregation's operations. We use a large number of funds, one for each fundraiser, committee, and social justice effort and each has its own budget, income tracking, and record of expenses, so it’s easy to see how each is doing at any point. Once an activity is complete, it’s easy to transfer the proceeds of the activity to the General Fund or disburse it to the appropriate organization. Other congregations may not want as many funds, but IconCMO allows each to design their own.

Nachteile: Probably due to its great flexibility, IconCMO is not that intuitive. Their Help and Support Forum are useful and their customer service is superb but some people find it a little hard to navigate their way around.

von Icon Systems an 13.2.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Cyndy! We appreciate your feedback.

All inclusive church software

Dottie B.
business manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Revelations in conjunction with Quickbooks and also ACS. Icon does a much better job of incorporating everything into one cohesive package. Coming from a Quickbooks background, the fund accounting made for a huge learning curve to make Icon do what our church expected. I have to maneuver money between funds because of the lack of sub funds way too much, and reporting isn't as easy as in QB, but the benefits of one complete, cloud based product to the church in general outweigh the inconveniences there.

Vorteile: The ability to enter contributions and have the batch automatically post as a bank deposit is great (used 2 programs before) as is the Vanco importing. These two items save a lot of time for me. Being cloud based is a huge pro for the ministers as they can access the people section right from their phones while doing visitation. It also helps the secretary and business office to have only one place to change parishioner info and everyone have the update instantly.

Nachteile: The inability to have sub-funds. It was explained to me that there could be tax ramifications, but to have a "Memorials" fund with separate "John Doe memorial", "Jane Smith Memorial" funds below would be fantastic and I see no tax issues in that. The learning curve was a bear also. While there is help online and by phone, I really could have used an in depth training class or a chance to sit with another church using it. I twice requested names of other churches in a reasonable distance from me and never heard back from Icon.

von Icon Systems an 19.11.2018

Thank you for the review, Dottie! We appreciate your feedback.

I'm sorry we haven't been able to put you in touch with other churches in your area. Icon Systems places a very high emphasis on customer privacy and we do not give out numbers to other churches unless we get explicit permission from churches to do so. Often times churches will not respond to these requests or simply do not have the time to help.

Overall I have been very pleased with the quality and functionality of IconCMO.

Bewertet am 20.7.2017
William M.
CPA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Accurate, fund based accounting with contribution tracking and reporting.

Vorteile: After getting over the inevitable learning curve I have found the software to be quite user friendly. The contribution module is one of my favorites because I'm able to easily reconcile contributions and issue professional looking statements quarterly. I like the fact that contribution detail can be directly imported from a comma delimited file. That saves a lot of data entry time. One click and the cash and check contributions for the week are entered in the system. Check writing is a breeze, as is making journal entries. Our organization takes advantage of the integration with Vanco Payment Solutions. This has been an one key to our financial success as we receive a large percentage of our donations via online and text giving. Importing contribution detail directly from Vanco is another great time saving feature. I really like the ability for multiple users to have access to the system. Each user's access to various aspects of the program can be granted on an individual basis. We have a separate individual can log on and is responsible for reconciling the bank statement. This is important internal control and separation of duties. The fact that the system is cloud based allows it to be accessed from any location, at any time. Technical support has been outstanding. In the early stages I called with some pretty challenging issues, each of which were resolved quickly and professionally. If there are better systems out there I'm not aware of them.

Nachteile: Not a lot of cons from my perspective. It would be nice to be able to "drill down" to the underlying detail from the financial reports. Also, it may be a necessary evil but having to enter then post transactions seems a bit cumbersome.

von Icon Systems an 4.6.2019

Thank you for the review, William. We appreciate your feedback. We are grateful to have customers like you!

I use CMO primarily for recording members' contributions, for year-end statement, and mailing labels

Bewertet am 21.7.2017
Charles L.
Administrative Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We can easily keep track of contributions from members/non-members, generate statements of giving at any time -- but mostly annually, and have a complete handle on membership: change of status, addresses, telephone numbers, significant dates (birth, baptism, marriage, death), and more. To do this with paper and pencil would be very burdensome, not to mention the cost in terms of time and person-power.
The ability to classify individuals into assorted categories, and then, at will, to combine them for, say, mailing purposes is super. In addition, our post office appreciates our bringing in bulk-mail material all "pre-sorted" by routes, in-town, box, out-of-town delivery. This speeds their sorting work and gets our mail out to the membership with dispatch.

Vorteile: Much of the recording of members' contributions is automatic -- fields are populated as one moves from envelope to envelope. When a member forgets to indicate their envelope number, that information is just a click away, given the membership list that's side-by-side with the entry form.
Year-end statements are easily formated and printed, ready for folding and putting into envelopes.
The ability to print membership lists for all sorts of categories is phenomenal. Being able to combine "active" and "Inactive," "Prospect,," etc., membership lists for mailing purposes is very helpful, not to mention the mailing label format. We also sort mailing labels before printing into various "zones," viz., Route 1, Route 2, Box Nos., etc., and this is a great boon for our local post office. It is easy to keep track of members' "significant dates," ages, and so much more. CMO offers a treasure-trove of information available at a mouse-click.

Nachteile: Upon entry of contributions, going from "check" to a "cash" contribution is ONE click, but going back to "check" from "cash" takes three clicks -- just a minor irritation, really, and one gets used to the procedure.

von Icon Systems an 24.7.2017

Thank you for the review, Charles. We appreciate your feedback!

User Satisfaction

Larry D.
Treasurer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: IconCMO is the primary accounting system for the Church. Spirit of Joy is a small congregation church, but IconCMO gives the church the benefit of a large church accounting at an affordable price. IconCMO has a large repertoire of reports.

Vorteile: Ease of use and comprehensive features. As a secure cloud based system, Spirit of Joy does not have to worry about back up's or loss of data from failed local hardware. System access is available 24/7. Training and support has been great.

Nachteile: I understand this is a fund based system. However, not being an accountant, I do not understand that when purchasing property or paying a liability such as a mortgage why the value of the property or mortgage liability remains in the fund, even though the Fixed Assets Property and Long Term Liabilities are adjusted. This makes the Statement of Financial Position and Budget Comparison w/Variance misleading without additional notes.

von Icon Systems an 5.6.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Larry! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

We love the functionality of program.

Bewertet am 21.7.2017
Michael J.
Pastor

Kommentare: Convenience, flexibility, accuracy, and access from home, office or a laptop on the other side of the world.

Vorteile: Online access! We love multiple people having access from multiple places at the same time. It's integrated - we can move in and out of finance, membership, contributions easily and everything is available. It's comprehensive - we've been using the program for 5 years and there are still parts of the program we haven't begun to use effectively.

Nachteile: It's so comprehensive...we just don't have the human resources to figure it out and input the data for using some of the activities/skills areas. Mostly we just don't. Therein lies the value issue. I feel we pay for a lot of things we don't use. And, truthfully, for a small congregation we're paying a lot for the convenience of online access. That is, we could play a flat fee for software that resides in our system (not on the cloud) and use it for years, but lose the convenience of online access. For a parish of 200 or fewer active households, it would be difficult to afford - we are able because the parish is affluent. As Pastor, I used both the online and software version in my previous parish for 5 years - St John Lutheran Church, Riverton, WY.

von Icon Systems an 24.7.2017

Thank you for the review, Michael. We appreciate your feedback!

We want to make sure you get the most for your money. Please give us a call so we can review your account to make sure you're at the right subscription level and offer some discount options.

Perspective of a pastor

Kevin B.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall the experience has been good. Customer service is great. ICON allows me and others to have access to a lot of information from any location and in real time. I love that about it. I have the sense that it is capable of much more than what I am using it for as I have yet to figure out all the ins and outs even after years of use. I would really appreciate an upgrade in the use on smartphones; particularly the ability to send an email or sms to a group.

Vorteile: I most like that it is cloud based and able to have multiple users with varying levels of accessibility working on it from wherever they have access to the web. This is what sold me on ICON years ago as they were to my knowledge one of the first church admin program providers to do this, it was cloud based before anyone really used that term. The program we were using at the time was not cloud based and required a substantial and costly upgrade to our networking system to have anything remotely approaching multi user.

Nachteile: It takes a little getting used to. For instance understanding the difference between members and household. So then group members doesn't necessarily refer to a group of members but a group that is made up of individual members and not households. After working with the program for a few years now I have caught on but it is not always the most easy for new users to catch on to. The interface between household and member profiles is a little clunky. As more and more households are dumping land lines and going to cell phone use it would be great to have the ability to notate on the household profile if this is the case and what numbers to use for which member of the household

von Icon Systems an 19.11.2018

Thank you for the review, Pastor Kevin! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have the opportunity to work with you over the years.

Lukewarm

Jeanette R.
Communications Coordinator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very full-featured for managing membership, though not always intuitive. Report generating difficult, but support very helpful. I support it in-house, and do not use it as much as others, so we go around in circles a lot trying to figure things out. Our staff is pretty suave, but they still have difficulties. We are grateful that we only do contributions, and do not use the financial/accounting features (outsource our accounting).

Vorteile: * Local company (in MN)
* Cloud-based
* Fabulous (local) support

Nachteile: The way you sometimes feel like you are going in circles. It is not very intuitive. I think it is not as "full-featured" as some of the alternatives, and now simple things like text messaging, are out-sourced to third-party companies--that you have to pay additional for. The directory features are lacking, as is the member portal.

von Icon Systems an 5.6.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Jeanette! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

We do have a partner integration with Call-em-all for text messaging and voice broadcasting. However, at this time you're still able to send text messages directly from the system for no extra cost. That part hasn't changed.

Sorry for the confusion about that!

P.S. We have several live training webinars coming up. Check your email for invitations to register. If you can't attend live, I'll be sending out recordings.

Have a wonderful day!

ICON is iconic!

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Rick L.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am very impressed with IconCMO. It fulfills all of our church needs from bookkeeping to membership and attendance, as well as little things like providing birthday and anniversary reminders of members on the home screen so we can wish them a happy day. IconCMO customer support is incredible too! They have been there and provided a quick solution anytime I needed them. I highly recommend IconCMO to any church seeking to integrate new management software.

Vorteile: I love the inclusiveness and seamless interaction of all of the modules in this software. Membership info ties in perfectly with any lists or reports we need to run, including contribution statements. Data entry is easy for membership information, and the accounting module is straight forward and also easy to use. It includes a variety of reports that have met all of our membership and accounting needs.

Nachteile: It would be great to be able to assign default funds to vendors as you can with expense accounts. This still causes me an occasional error when paying bills and I select the correct account, but forget to change the fund. It would also be great if it would not allow a fund to be used if it is not assigned to the specific bank account being used to pay bills. This would catch the error before payment is posted, saving corrections at months end.

von Icon Systems an 5.6.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Rick! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Have used this program for many years. They are always making updates and adding more features.

Bewertet am 23.7.2017
Carol C.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being able to compile groups of specific information so easy saves a lot of time. Having all the information for members all in one program and being able to incorporate contributions and finance is great. There are so many great features that we still have not used but hope to take advantage of those in the future.

Vorteile: I love how you can use one program and website for so many different processes. Linking the different features together for using in the great variety of reports is wonderful. The ability to mass email and export information is so easy. Being able to link to outside vendors for different purposes is a nice option if needed. Having the online back up is such a great peace of mind and the ability to access information from anywhere has been very helpful. The member access is also a very nice feature. My favorite part of the program is the contributions feature. With just one click you can send out statements, filter those with and without emails and the ability to print the mailing addresses to those without emails saves so much time.

Nachteile: Wish there was a better way than having to use drop down boxes for special events for each person. Wish there was an expanded mass communication type program included in the subscription such as Constant Contact.

von Icon Systems an 24.7.2017

Thank you for the review, Carol. We appreciate your feedback!

Excellent Tool for Churches

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Kaitlin K.
Church Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I'm not very familiar with accounting, or most accounting programs, and so I was nervous about learning to use ICONCMO when I took on the role of financial secretary at the church where I work. However, once I learned a few basics, ICOMCMO has proven to be an extremely useful and efficient program for keeping track of contributions to the church. Being able to record weekly gifts, assign portions of that to specific funds, and generate a wide variety of reports on both funds and individual givers has been invaluable. We are especially thankful come tax season, where it is shockingly easy to generate giving/contribution reports for each person who has given to the church throughout the year. I've also been extremely pleased with both customer service and the online resources for "how-to" questions.

Nachteile: As I said, I'm not familiar with accounting software, so I cannot compare it to other programs in this field. I do have trouble navigating the menus at times, as they don's seem intuitive to me- though again, as someone with limited exposure to programs like this, it may just be me. But as I mentioned above, a quick search in google or through the online manual answers my question 99% of the time. Ultimately, I think anyone could use this program.

von Icon Systems an 3.6.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Kaitlin! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

So easy to Use

Cheryl C.
Church Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been a time saver. It is convenient with being able to work from home or offsite for each of us that enters financial information. The support is amazing, the sand box helps with learning and overall it is very easy to use and keep information to the congregation and board updated.

Vorteile: The ability to set our account up the way we want, create our budget and handle membership and visitors all in the same software.

Nachteile: There honestly isn't anything that I do not like about ICON software. We had a few learning curves in the beginning or a few items we wished the software had, and with working with the great staff we now have those items available to us.

von Icon Systems an 5.6.2019

Thank you for the kind words, Cheryl! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Icon Review 6/2019

Bewertet am 7.6.2019
Miss J.
Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with Icon has been very pleasant, so much so I'm still using their product! The support team has been extremely patient and kind to me as I struggled to learn their program and/or made stupid mistakes. The training is also done well and the program itself (online) hasn't experienced any issues to note.

Vorteile: For the price it functions well to process contributions, A/P, and PR for our church needs.

Nachteile: Some of the A/P processes are not easily amended, as I'd like (journal entries, memo info) but they have improved since I began using Icon. Nor does is the info lines allow for enough characters.

von Icon Systems an 13.6.2019

Thank you for the review, Miss Jan! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.