Awesome Church Management Software!

Lisa F.
Financial Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Church Windows has helped our church operations in so many ways. The reporting and budgeting options in Accounting have been especially helpful in financial planning and oversight. The payroll module simplifies all things related to payroll (direct deposit, taxes, W-2s, etc). Giving statements are easy to produce, as well as giving reports. People tracking is always a challenge, and the Membership module does so much to help. The support is fantastic, they know the program, and many of them also serve in their local church. Overall, Church Windows is an outstanding product!

Vorteile: Our church has used Church Windows for many years. It seamlessly tracks people, giving, accounting, and payroll. Each module can be used by itself, or integrated to all work together. The support people are fantastic--friendly, patient, and easy to understand. Training is readily available through online video tutorials, brief online training sessions, workbooks, and the program help feature. The user-friendly software is great for beginners, offers many features for seasoned users, and versatile enough for church volunteers and employees alike.

Nachteile: Nothing. I love everything about Church Windows!

Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software.

Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software.

Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com

Church Windows Support

You get A LOT for your money with this program!

Bewertet am 17.5.2019
Kristy K.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use the membership, donations, and accounting parts of Church Windows. It is a very thorough program with a lot of content, but if you take the time to learn how to use it well, it can really increase your productivity!

Vorteile: Our office originally switched to Church Windows because we wanted to be able to use one program for our membership and financial needs. Church Windows does this and a whole lot more! There is so much content to this program, that I am still discovering new things after years of using it! It was very daunting in the beginning, but I have found the Church Windows customer service to be invaluable. No matter how big of a mess I've ever thought I made, they are always able to walk me through it and get everything in its proper place with minimal effort. They are amazing!

Nachteile: Because there is SO much content, it can be quite difficult to master. I believe that the individual/s using this program should be someone who is able to teach themselves and learn by trial and error. Especially in the beginning. The program will do just about anything you want it to, but sometimes it can be difficult figuring out how to communicate it correctly.

von Computer Helper Publishing an 21.5.2019

Kristy,

Outstanding Paid Customer Support

Bewertet am 11.1.2020
Olivia B.
Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have had a much easier time creating reports and labels and gathering congregational statistics using this program than any other program. I appreciate the free webinars offered, too. There is a lot you can do with this.

Vorteile: CW is user-friendly and offers a plethora of customized reports for one's congregation. Track parishioners' contact information, church involvement, attendance, giving/pledges, class participation, pastoral visits, and more. You can even print telephone directories.

Nachteile: Sometimes it is so detailed/customizable that it can get a bit tricky to navigate some of the more detailed features. The customer support is wonderful, but you do have to pay for it with an annual or semiannual customer support subscription.

Earlier versions better

Bewertet am 14.1.2020
Debbie D.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When we first started using Church Windows, it was designed with specific denominations in mind, helping to prepare denominational required reports. That feature is now gone. They have also made it easier for churches that do not use offering envelope numbers to use, and more difficult for those of us who use envelopes to use for reports. Generating reports has become more complex and requires much more time than older versions. Change is not always for the good!

Vorteile: I like that it has many features that make data keeping of church membership possible. We have used this product for over 10 years.

Nachteile: What is a problem with this software is that each update makes it more difficult to use and removes options that we had found useful and easy to use.

Navigating Church Windows for Ease of Use

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Staci N.
Office Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience is very good. I would rate it very well. Adequate support makes all the difference in helping to apply a good experience in working with any kind of software uses.

Vorteile: I like how all of the options and functions are easy to find and navigate through in finding the information and the end result of printing out a report, labels, or directory listing that I am looking for. All of the information is easy to read, find, and use when I am able to print out a listing and read it correctly.

Nachteile: I did not like how the instructions are somewhat muddled and a little hard to interpret sometimes. The system itself is easy to use, but however the steps in order to understand in how to use the software is not necessarily the easiest to understand. Whenever I have contacted Church Windows phone support they have always been very helpful, but sometimes it gets confusing in order to know how to ask the certain questions to under to achieve the end results for what I am looking for. I am going to explore more so in newest coffee break webinars in order to access the features and function to help me understand the system and help me to navigate around it much better.

Good product. Great customer service.

Brett H.
Associate Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Church Windows is easy to use and easy to learn. But the thing that sells me on the product is their customer service. It is exceptional. You call their number, give them your code, tell them your issue, and then an expert gives you a call back. No need to wait on hold for someone to answer...ever. Usually within 30 minutes they are calling you right back and able to help with your issue. There are a lot of different options out there, but Church Windows customer service has to be at the top and gives us reason to continue using this product.

Nachteile: We have an older version and don't necessarily plan on updating for the time being. With that said, the version we do have is outdated. It only runs on a PC, which that requires us to have Parallels and a Windows desktop. This is a headache for me as it takes over 35 gigs of space on my MacBook. That's basically my only complaint!

von Computer Helper Publishing an 31.5.2019

Brett,

Membership Module

Cheryl P.
Minister of Invitation & New Faith
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I did not have access to the other system at the church nor could I get access to it for some reason. I needed a system that I could use to do my job. A friend of mine had used Church Windows at another church and gave me the heads up. It has been a huge help.

Vorteile: This is the only module we have at this time. It has lots of features that allow me to customize reports and data that I need to help my co-workers out. It is very easy to use. The webinars are amazing and since they are recorded, you can go back and re-watch if you need a refresher. Everytime I have called in or emailed a question I get prompt and helpful feedback. They will even right down your request for the developers if what you are looking for is not possible at this time. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Thanks for making my workday so much easier! I also like the ability to only purchase the modules you need. No wasting money.

Nachteile: The beginning was a bit rough. The migration of data was a bit rough. Some things did not migrate well. Since then all good. I started using Church Windows Membership in 2008.

Cheryl,

Church Windows

Church Windows is a mixed blessing.

Bewertet am 15.1.2020
Don W.
Computer Services Specialist
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: We use Church Windows to run and administer a medium sized church (About 150 active members), and have in the past used other software for the same purpose. From the point of view of the user interface, Church Windows is far superior to all the others -- when it is working. Which is about 70% of the time. The rest of the time I am attempting to fix its frequent connectivity issues.

Vorteile: The User Interface is intuitive, powerful, and well designed. The Accounting module in particular is quite sophisticated, containing many standard and specialized reports. Our accountant loves it. It's modules are well integrated, and when it is working, it works beautifully. The local version, (as opposed to the Web version) is reasonably priced.

Nachteile: It is very touchy, installation wise. Wireless networking is not supported; neither are APUs, you MUST have CPUs in all Church Windows PCs for it to function reliably. It periodically loses connectivity, and sometimes requires reinstalls in order to correct problems. I am the administrator of the system, and frankly, if the users didn't like it so much (particularly the treasurer), I'd suggest a change. I am underwhelmed by their tech support; they tend to disclaim responsibility for problems, claiming networking issues, Windows issues, etc., are the cause even though no other software we use seems to have the problem.

Church windows review

Bewertet am 14.1.2020
Heather S.
Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love church windows. I find it to be easy to maintain and well organized for all of your important information. I love that you can create directories out of it and even include pictures.

Vorteile: I like that I can run reports to include anything you can think of needed in the operation of the church. I find the reports to be the most helpful when someone is needing contact information birth dates, etc.

Nachteile: There isn't anything that I don't like. I do think there is a period of time where you have to learn the software but there help you through that in customer support and offer lots of webinars.

Overall happy

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Mildred L.
Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being able to do reports is great and very well formed

Vorteile: I love that this program is very user friendly. Coming from an accounting background I appreciate the similarities.

Nachteile: I wish all modules merged into each other because I noticed that they don't and now I have one person in the system in 3 different areas because of the various modules.

A Valuable Tool for Church Administration

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Church Treasurer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Church Windows has served us well, and we would be unlikely to consider switching to a new church software program. There is untapped functionality for us within the current suite of modules - for example, we have not historically used all the options for tracking attendance and communicating with members. We look forward to making even better use of it as time permits our secretary and volunteers to learn how to use those parts of the program.

Vorteile: We use Church Windows for accounting, payroll, membership records, and donation tracking, so it is an integral part of our church administration. Because we are careful to enter data accurately and use the suite of software systematically, Church Windows is an excellent way for us to manage information and make timely reports to church leaders. We like having one software package to handle so many of our functions, and there is some efficiency to the learning curve because of similarities across the various modules. One of the best things about Church Windows is the quality of the tech support. Our annual fee allows us to contact the support staff whenever we have questions about how to do something or correct something, and since the software is used by several individuals (a staff person and church volunteers) with varying degrees of expertise, questions do arise. The tech support staff is knowledgeable, clear, and responsive to both email and phone inquiries. That helps keep our system running like a well-oiled machine!

Nachteile: Some of the modules seem less user-friendly to us. For example, the Donations module where we record individuals' giving and generate reports for tax purposes is not intuitive to use, and we found it very difficult to set up quarterly and annual statements in the form and format that we desired, when we began using Donations when the software publisher updated an earlier Church Windows module, Contributions. We interacted extensively with tech support in the course of that transition, and, although they were as helpful as possible, we felt that the software was less flexible than we would like. So, the bottom line is that it can take some effort to learn how to use the software, and in an environment where there is turnover in the church office or among the volunteers handling church administration, that is a bit of an obstacle.

von Computer Helper Publishing an 29.5.2019

Church Windows

Why I Love Church Windows!

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Tammy P.
Bookkeeper & Office Admin
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Church Windows is a very user-friendly software. It's easy to navigate through the different modules. I use the Accounting, Payroll, Membership and Donations modules the most. I went to their location in Columbus for one day of training when I started using this software. It was very helpful and our instructor, CSR, was excellent! Since then I have been able to breeze through the accounting module with ease. It's great for printing financial reports for meetings, payables and receivables, tracking income and expenses, creating individual funds, writing checks and processing payroll. For the most part it's super easy to use! If I do have a question that I just can't figure out, I call their customer support and they're very friendly and helpful.

Nachteile: The only draw back to Church Windows is when you call customer support, they can't help you right away. Someone has to call you back, normally it's within the hour. But sometimes it can be longer depending on the day and time you call. By the time you get a call back you're on to something else and you have to go back and remember why you needed them to help you. There have been times that I have figured it out before I get a call back. I believe you can pay more for immediate assistance, however I don't call very much so it's not worth the extra cost to our church. Some may want to pay the extra to get immediate assistance until you're more familiar with the software, then you can switch to the lower cost. Because it won't be long you'll be proficient and won't require much support!

von Computer Helper Publishing an 28.5.2019

Tammy,

Bang for the Buck Is Hard to Beat

Bewertet am 22.5.2019
Roger W.
Bookkeeper
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a medium size church and I am the part time bookkeeper so my thoughts on the program are related to the parts of the software I use (as well as the integrations with the other modules) For the money, it's hard to beat how easy the program is to use and how quickly I can accomplish most tasks with it. I've looked at some slick web based programs that handle "work from anywhere" better, but they cost thousands of dollars per year when you add up all the features you need, and they don't offer the flexibility and ease of use Church Windows offers.

Vorteile: Church Windows does a lot of things nicely. I love the way the Donations module dumps our members donations into income accounts in Accounting with the press of a button. Payroll, which is tailored for churches (handles ministers with no problems) also integrates with Accounting automatically. The Accounting module allows me to book typical church transactions quickly and easily, but provides the ability to do complex accounting transactions as well. While lots of church management programs claim to handle fund accounting, Church Windows does true fund accounting which allows our church great flexibility in tracking designated donations and spending. While not perfect, the program is an excellent value.

Nachteile: Church Windows has a web based version that uses browsers to view Windows type screens and I find this clunky to use. I'd much rather have an app on my phone that I can use to pull up membership data when I need someone's phone number and an Accounting app that would let me enter transactions remotely when I'm away from the office. The Accounting module also lacks an easy way to handle credit card transactions - I'd like to see something like Quicken that let's you check off the charges when you reconcile the monthly credit card statement. It handles credit cards fine, just not as easily as Quicken or Quickbooks.

Roger,

Church Windows

Great features but not always uiser friendly

Melissa T.
Office Manager/Admin
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Despite the above reasons, I am very happy with Church Windows. It gets the job done and the reports are clear and concise (when I can locate the ones I need!). The customer service is second to none. They have always gotten back to me the same day and they are wonderful about walking me through things that I do not understand.

Vorteile: The features are really great. It has everything we need and even some things that we don't! The reports are clear and concise and there is a variety as far as what types/kinds of reports are available.

Nachteile: The user-friendliness ability is lacking. There seem to be way too many steps to do one task. Also, it is not compatible with our label machine so we have to do our labels though the program provided by the label maker (Dymo) instead of through Church Windows, which is what we would prefer. One thing I really, really wish that Church Windows offered was the ability to separate families/people into groups that we choose as opposed to the default groups. There is also no way to do a mass delete of people/families, this is especially inconvenient for people who have only attended once or twice or for a function of one kind or another. Instead, I have to go through the entire list of people one by one and delete them. If I had a couple of days to devote just to that task, then maybe I could get it done but I don't so I can't! There should be a way for people to automatically drop off the rolls after "X" amount of time. It is a huge hassle to manually go through 1000+ people in order to see who needs to be dropped or moved to inactive.

Melissa,

Church Windows review

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Stephanie W.
Accounts and Building Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I recently spend about 3 months evaluating other church software programs for our church. We wanted something to reach a younger audience more quickly and something more integrated with a modern web-design. I read online, talked to people on the phone and evaluated lots of other Church-oriented software. None of them had all of the components that Church Windows had. Most did not have an integrated payroll and lots did not have integrated accounting. And ALL of them were a lot more money. For churches not willing or able to put tons of money into a software option, I believe Church Windows is the best. As I said before, there is a steep learning curve at first and lots of little quirks, but overall it does a great job of keeping all of the information that a church needs to keep in one place with easy access.

Vorteile: The best thing about Church Windows is that it is integrated and fairly inexpensive. You can get a donations module, payroll, accounting, membership AND scheduling with online access for a low monthly fee. AND for only a little more per year, get unlimited phone support. The support is amazing. Never have I called and not gotten an answer to any issue that I was having. The modules are all integrated and talk to each other so there is no double entry or having to make sure to remember to upload something. Payroll is great and always updated with latest forms. The accounting module is good and fairly easy to use, especially for people that may not have formal accounting training. I don't actually use the scheduling, so I cannot evaluate it. Membership and Donations are also integrated and fairly easy to use. You can send professional letters and print any donation letters that you might need.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, Church Windows is not always intuitive. There are tons of things that it can do and it can generate tons of data and reports, but you to know EXACTLY how to ask it for what you want. There is quite a steep learning curve to really get the most out of the program. The accounting software does use different terminology and reports than most professional accountants are used to. And the flexibility to create your own reports in Accounting is not there. This is fine for most people, but if you have a professional accountant on your staff or in your congregation, be prepared to explain some of the quirks of the system. Some of the issues are because the Accounting software has to completely integrate with the other modules and so there are limitations. I for the most part, think it is great. I has taken me about 3 years to really get comfortable using all of the modules and using them to generate the reports that I want and give me the information that I want quickly and easily. Church Windows is not really quite as modern and flashy as some of the other programs out there. It doesn't integrate with a website platform. It doesn't have the ability to produce more modern points of contact like texting, or online church directories, or some of the fresh-er and more tech integrated programs. BUT, it is a heck of a lot cheaper than those other programs AND it has good, solid, integrated payroll and accounting modules.

Stephanie,

Use of Church Windows

Charlotte W.
Treasurer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Within my genealogy society, I am able to modify the membership features to show those that are of most importance to me (membership date, last paid date, etc.). It produces the reports I want - with some help from a telephone call. I always have telephone assistance to help me, and the people are always so patient and helpful and pleasant!

Vorteile: As Parish Administrator at Grace Episcopal Church (Alexandria, VA), I used the membership, contributions and accounting modules of Church Windows for some eleven or twelve years. I selected the software from others and was pleased with it, and more pleased with its improvements. I attended two of their training programs (conducted locally). I was always well pleased with the telephone assistance, when needed. After I departed from Grace Church, I purchased the membership module for tracking members of a genealogy society (I am the treasurer). The membership module satisfies our dues payments and allows me to maintain membership information and produce a directory for our members (some 350 of them). I continue to be pleased with the telephone assistance. I am more than happy to recommend Church Windows.

Nachteile: The contributions postings to accounting that was orginally offered. The contributions entries were totaled by day, confusing my bank reconcilations. This was changed during the time I used Church Windows; so it is no longer was a problem. I saw an example of email addresses entered in the household window, rather than in the individual window. Yes, there may be individual email addresses, but I would like to see an email address within the household window (even if it is a duplicate within an individual window).

Charlotte,

Church Widows Software Review

Bewertet am 17.5.2019
Fred M.
church treasurer/bookkeeper
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using this product for many years and have, despite the "cons" I have listed, found it to be a very usable and functional product. When our church was audited we came away with a very positive review. I have recommended this software to several churches that were using QuickBooks. ps. I have used other church accounting software in the past and I know there is church accounting (fund accounting) software that handles fund accounting with great ease but the price of this software is far beyond what a small church could easily afford. Church Windows is a far better product for church operations than QuickBooks.

Vorteile: Solid software. Software provides a solid foundation for small church accounting operation at a cost that a small church can afford. It is easy to use with flexible reports. It's focus is built around churches and church activity. It does not try to be all things to all like QuickBooks does. Because of this, in my opinion it is a much better product for church fund accounting and member needs than QuickBooks. Customer support is good. When there is an issue or question I have found the support team to be very knowledgeable of their product and easy to deal with.

Nachteile: Because of the way fund accounting is implemented in Church Windows a great deal of work, caution and consistence must be observed to keep Church Windows balances matched to multiple actual bank accounts. Making payments from multiple bank accounts different bank accounts does not work. All payments must be made from the same account and then funds must be transferred to cover payments. Some improvements should be done to provide more information in some screens. Tech support has not been open to providing additional information to some reports and screens. There are some inconsistency between application modules layouts that take a little "getting used to." These are minor issues though.

Fred,

Good Program with Great Customer Support

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Joseph M.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a small, small town congregation. We use the program for all our membership and financial records of the church. In general we have had a positive experience with the Church Windows program and helpline.

Vorteile: The Customer support is one of the best selling points of this program - professional, helpful, patient, and prompt in their replies. In regards to the program it is great how the system for Members, Donations, and Accounting are woven together, there is the ability in detail to establish security settings, and the system creates a trail for every action. For Accounting the system is robust for Fund accounting and provides a number of reports with the click of a button. We are glad to see the most recent overhaul to the software that has made significant improvements to the program.

Nachteile: The online mobile version is cost prohibitive for a small and medium sized congregations limiting its value for less centralized congregations and use in the mission field. Though the report creation tool is powerful, it is complicated to the point of needing to relearn how to create new reports each time one is needed (a definite time sink limiting the ability to readily create new reports). At times search results are baffling in that they do not appear to generate the full data one had requested. The interface between the Donations Module and Membership Module has the ability to create duplicates of people in which an individual's information is spread over two profiles. Lastly we have never found a meaningful use for the Scheduler Module as it is a self-contained module that can't be utilized to automatically populate online calendars or sync with other devices.

von Computer Helper Publishing an 17.1.2019

Joseph,

Church Windows Support

Sufficient for our needs, but always room for small improvements

Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Mary katherine S.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Church Windows is a good general record keeping software for a church. We don't use some of the features (like class attendance) but those features that we use have helped us.

Vorteile: I appreciate that this software helps us to keep track of our membership and visitors both, gives us a central repository for their details and helps us to track attendance trends. Where there are options to customize some of the fields that appear in the main panel for each individual person is helpful as I was able to reorder per our interests and remove from view fields that aren't important. That I could add more tags than just Member and Visitor has helped to keep a better distinction between former and inactive members as well as visitors who are 'friends of the church' (i.e. frequent attendees) versus our more occassional or one time visitors.
We upgraded a few months ago to Version 21.18.1 - I like that the newer version has a more modern look and feel than the older version we had, and maneuvers around better.

Nachteile: -That the Comments field is 'buried' on another tab instead of being an option to include on the main tab/panel of individual's information
-Address entry is more steps than should be necessary, and there's no way to label addresses, such as for members who only reside in the area part of the year but provide their off-season address to us as well.
-Rather than having to hunt through tabs on an individual's record, could the interface go to more of a central screen that scrolls through fields so you don't have to switch between sections so much?
-I wish there was a way in Attendance Entry to have either (or both): A. Member names bold face and visitor names not so that it is easier to pick out your members when your list of names is large B. a feature where you can temporarily hide other categories of people to make the list of names shorter.
-I have had to learn the hard way through experience to enter any visitor info for a service before I do Attendance Entry because if you stop to add a name mid-way through inputting attendance, you have to close out and bring the attendance back up again to see the new name. Could this be fixed?
-When you export reports to Excel, there are way too many tiny or semi-merged columns to be able to do a proper sort function without having to basically deconstruct the report before you can work with it. There should be an option for report export that is just raw data with minimal formatting that would make this easier to work with.

Mary,

November 2018

Joy T.
Church Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am very pleased with the software.
I like having access to ongoing learning options in the webinars (I used to receive emails about these dates coming up but now I don't which causes me to forget to go looking for them myself!)
It takes awhile to become familiar with the software and how it works but now that I am comfortable I am most pleased that I can produce so many reports.
I am sometimes frustrated that I don't have enough data from members of the congregation or ministers to produce more detailed and comprehensive reports. The creation and development of them is sound.
The support staff is excellent in solving problems and being friendly and supportive. They respond in a timely manner.

Vorteile: Ease of extracting information from the data to create reports.
The number of boxes where details may be entered is excellent - every possible situation has been considered, including winter or out-of-town school addresses plus different last names for individuals within the family unit plus multi-level phone numbers and emails.

Nachteile: I love to have the support of the software by speaking with a real person.
My patience challenges me at times to wait for the phone call back!
Sometimes there are difficulties in choosing the right report ie. directory vs. basic because the format of the directory report is good but there are decisions embedded there which override any selections I might make for the report ie. individual vs. family identities

von Computer Helper Publishing an 21.12.2018

Joy,

Professional & Productive

Tonja C.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CWindows has been most beneficial with membership, donations and payroll for me. I hardly ever have a church member find an issue with their Giving Statement, and that says alot about the software. The revamped membership module has integrated members & visitors so much so that keying in data is a breeze. And I doubt that I'd be doing payroll if it weren't for Church Windows. Seriously, ya'll are the reason I wear so many hats over here!

Vorteile: I liked the software so much at my church job that when asked to "help" with the membership and receivables at the church I am a member of, I gladly accepted ... with one condition: that they purchase and use CWindows! The software is so easy to use, across the board, that I knew anybody would be able to come in behind me and learn it as quickly as I did.

Nachteile: The latest update was more of a complete rewrite. I lost a good bunch of data in this update, too. I've had to re-key alot of that lost data, some of which I was unable to retrieve. I'm still learning what the new update is capable of doing. It's almost like I'm having to learn a whole new program. I feel very inadequate at times when I'm in the program now.

von Computer Helper Publishing an 21.12.2018

Tonja,

Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software.

You should not have lost any data as part of an upgrade process, we apologize. If you experience data loss after installing and update for Church Windows, please contact us.

Church Windows Review

Bobbie J.
Office Manager (AR/AP)
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, not a bad experience and the wonderful customer service/support really makes up for other inefficiencies. 3.5 out of 5 stars overall.

Vorteile: I love that support is always prompt and responsive. Any time there is an issue, they are willing to help as quick as they can and they are always very kind and informative.
I like that only one user may be logged in at a time to prevent duplicate or missing information. That is smart and helpful in our Presbytery!
I love the tax reporting feature in the Payroll Module. It is easy and efficient!

Nachteile: I do not like how slow the software is, especially now that we access it through remote desktop. All the screens are slower and printing is excruciatingly slow.
I wish you didn't have to hit the print button so many times on so many different screens before your report or confirmation actually prints.
I feel like the software is difficult to learn. You guys do a great job making webinars and help materials available, which is great. But unless someone is trained on how to do things, I don't feel like the software is very intuitive or user friendly. I don't feel like an average AR/AP person could navigate through the system and figure things out without guidance/training.

Bobbie,

CW Review 11/13/18

Joann M.
Admin
Forschung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The best part is the payroll and the taxes. We originally were using QuickBooks and trying to "tweek" it to work. CW takes a lot of the guessing and headache out of the payroll differences in a church setting.

Vorteile: To be honest, the customer support. From the moment someone answers the phone until someone calls you back, the professionalism and friendliness is unmatched. I always feel like I am calling a friend who is knowledgeable about the software. At first I struggled to comprehend some of the aspects of the software because I do not come from an accounting background. It did take me some time to feel comfortable with what I was doing but once I was I no longer had fear that I would "screw" something up.

Nachteile: I wish some of the techs would tone down the accounting terminology when trying to explain things to me. Like I said I didn't come from an accounting background so the lingo was somewhat foreign and I felt lost when they would explain things to me. The software seems to be continuously updated which if I had the time to explore some of the new upgrades I believe I would be able to utilize them. Not sure if you have this or not, but a video explaining some of the new features that accompany an update would be nice.

Joann,

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Rebecca S.
Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Most folk who work or serve as lay leaders in a church have an clear understanding of the business end of things. Because Church Windows software is specifically tailored for churches, it enables me to report information in a manner that is easily understood over a broad spectrum of skill levels. They offer tutorials for all their modules and their customer service is second to none. Its a very rare thing to not receive a call back the same day I place a support call. Their staff are courteous, knowledgeable, and well trained. Over the last 19 years I have recommended Church Windows many, many times and will continue to do so in the future!

Vorteile: I've been using Church Windows since 1999. I currently use the Membership, Contribution and Accounting modules. They've come a long in the last 19 years and they are constantly upgrading their software as the market demands. Over the years they continue to solicit, and implement, suggestions from their customers. It's one thing to sell a product, but its another thing entirely to keep folks satisfied with your product for almost 20 years!

Nachteile: Probably the reports features, but that is mostly due to my reluctance to try creating custom-made reports. Its one of those things that you get out of it what you put into it - so no fault to Church Windows, just me.

von Computer Helper Publishing an 17.1.2019

Rebecca,

I love CW!

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Gail S.
Financial Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love the software. It is much better than what I use at my "regular" job. The help is amazing and its so convenient to have everything under one program. Our Church Council has wanted to stop using it multiple times, but I have been here 22 years and always say Im leaving if I can't use it :) LOL

Vorteile: The software is fairly easy to navigate and work with. I've been using it for over 20 years and I appreciate that the updates are typically subtle and don't take me by surprise. I do all of the accounting for a church, so I use most aspects of the software, including Payroll. I am SO grateful for the amazing techs that all call me back in a timely manner and have always been able to guide me through any issue I'm having. I would rate the Customer Service as the biggest Pro!

Nachteile: Some aspects can be hard to navigate. "Normal" people have a difficult time reading the financial reports and we have to convert some into Excel for them to follow. Im not crazy about the Contributions module, It can be difficult to pair family members and the statement generating feature is a bit slow and can be difficult to interpret. I wish I could change some membership aspects directly in the Contributions module.

von Computer Helper Publishing an 29.5.2019