Prevail Case Management System Erfahrungen

Über Prevail Case Management System

Rechtsfall-Management-Software für Kanzleien sämtlicher Größen und Rechtsgebiete. Prevail hilft dir, mehr Fälle in kürzerer Zeit zu bearbeiten.

Erfahre mehr über Prevail Case Management System

I have been using Prevail for approximately 14yrs. It is easy to organize my notes, documents, cost, fees, calendar of events and my daily tasks.

If these are added I missed it. I find Process Builder to be overly complicated and cumbersome to use.

Bewertungen zu Prevail Case Management System

Prevail Case Management System hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 83 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Prevail Case Management System bereits verwendet?

Freddy
Freddy
Shareholder in USA
Anwaltskanzlei

I was introduced to Prevail at the first law firm I worked at and I immediately saw its potential.

The customization, customer service, ease of use. Pretty much everything in the software can be customized. If you get really fancy with it you can update a status that triggers tasks to multiple people, with deadlines attached, documents printed will all relevant data in it.

Two limitations to be aware of, you need a TWAIN compliant scanner, I use Fujitsu and love it. This will allow you to scan directly into the matter which you are working in. The second limitation is that in order to attach emails directly from Outlook into Prevail you must have 32 bit office installed. You can ave a 64 bit system, which we do, but Office needs to be 32 bits

Laura
Rechtsberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Less glitchy, but less user friendly/convenient than older versions.

Kommentare: I used to love it, it was intuitive and user friendly, but they took away so many nice features and only gave like, one nice thing in exchange.

They took away all my favorite features in Version 9...I guess I like that tasks, messages, history notes, etc. all now have a "go to matter" button instead of just certain ones like task notes.

They took away zip code/city auto population, doc merge codes no longer works for text boxes, you can't attach emails to a file history directly from a history note anymore, nor can you make any edits to the way the email note actually appears in file. When you add a "matter review," it automatically says it was 12 AM instead of whatever time it actually was, and the time ticker only shows hour and minute (no seconds) now so if you want items to show up in a certain order, you have to wait until the minute turns over to add your next note. Calendar entries in the history page no longer show any time/date details about the actual appointment, and it no longer automatically attaches certain rolodexes to your files based on their zip code anymore. If I have multiple minimized tasks queued up on my screen at once, they just say "task" now instead of the matter/client name. When someone marks a medical record as "received" or something, the author appears as the person who originally created the request, which is really weird because now it appears as though people who don't even work here sometimes are still working on our cases! I could probably name a hundred other super annoying things they took away if I had more time...All the things they took away also took away a lot of efficiency in what we do here.

vor 9 Monaten

Thank you for your feedback, Laura, and for your time on the phone last week going through your concerns in more detail. We never plan to take away the automatic population of city/state, nor the automatic attachment of SSA offices, based on zip code. Those features are real time-savers! It was an easy fix of re-populating your zip codes table. As we discussed, your earlier version of Prevail was 13 years old, and due to many new features in Prevail 9, such as the ability to send text messages, finalize PDF versions of documents, etc., some buttons had to be moved. Many of the other changes were based on requests made by several clients over the past 10+ years, and have been phased in over the course of Prevail 7 through the current Prevail 9. I am in the process of working with our developers to see if some of those changes could be made into user settings, so as to accommodate as many varying preferences as possible, and will keep you updated as promised. --Susan Montgomery

Stefanie
Stefanie

Glad we switched

Kommentare: Everything is so manual, there is no automation to the system. We ultimately ended up switching software programs and I'm much happier.

Not much at all. I guess to some the basic layout and overly "vanilla" look could be useful to those who aren't used to more. But, I wasn't a fan.

Navigation within the program isn't the best. It seems very out-dated. It does keep things organized, but you have to constantly go back and forth between sections. I wish it was just an overall more seamless look to it.

Antwort von Practice Technology

Stefanie, my apologies, but I haven't seen this review until now. I'm surprised by your input, as it doesn't really apply to Prevail. We pride ourselves in the fact that Prevail is highly automated, and that moving back and forth between sections is not necessary. Could it be that your firm was on an older version of Prevail? I wish I had seen your review sooner - I would have replied then. Clearly, that wouldn't have changed anything - you had already switched over to another program. I'm sorry you were not satisfied.

Cindy
legal secretary in USA

Case management made easy

Kommentare: We have used Prevail for several years and have made it work for our company. Tech service is helpful & the the director of client relations is always kind and helpful.

the merge document is a time saver and makes the office more efficient and cost effective for clients.

Unable to move emails that were saved to Prevail from Outlook Sync that were saved to wrong matters. Only the persons who saved it can fix the issue. (delete the email then resave from Outlook).

Alise
sole practitioner in USA

Excellent system for Social Security case management

Kommentare: I used to hate having to cut and paste my emails. Now it's entered automatically when I initiate an email from within Prevail. And I can quickly add emails using the Preval add-in that is loaded onto Outlook. This was a huge timesaver when it was added to Prevail. This is just one example of Prevail's usefulness. I have a whole library of documents that I have created to use with the program, and I continue to create new letters and forms as needed. And through my annual support contract, Prevail will create custom reports for me, upon request. As the practice changes over time, my need to create reports also changes. Customer support, Technical support and Training departments are all responsive and available.

Prevail enables complete case management. I use their cloud desktop option, which involves another company, Airdesk, but together I am able to work anywhere. I have been with Prevail since 1994, upgrading as they put out new versions. Along with Airdesk and my word processor, the only other software I need is my accounting software. Prevail is easy to use, with all the information you need right there on the screen. Over the years, as the program was improved and made more complex, some training hours were required, but I never found that to be cumbersome. I actually enjoy learning new features as they are implemented as they make me more productive.

Every program can always be improved, and I let them know whenever I find anything that needs fixing or improving. I have no major dislikes with Prevail-it does everything I want it to do, including an interface with Outlook email and text messages.

Antwort von Practice Technology

Thanks, Alise! We're so happy to have you as a member of our Prevail family.

Eric
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Prevail is a great tool for PI cases

Kommentare: Overall we have had a good experience. Customer support is top notch and quick.

Prevail makes it incredibly easy to manage personal injury cases. With separate tabs for medical billing, records, injuries, negotiation, and document storage, it means less time spent looking for information and getting things done within the system.

It takes a lot of customization to use with general civil and business litigation, and sometimes the time entry forms and document categories are inflexible and require significant tweaking to work fluidly for litigation matters. It is also critical to train your employees on how to use document categories under the history tab in order to fluidly move between pleadings, discovery, correspondence, etc. In other words, Prevail does not have separate folders for filings, you have to manually select categories to view certain documents or it can become rather difficult to pinpoint certain documents.

Antwort von Practice Technology

Thank you, Eric! We appreciate your feedback. The "cons" you've listed will be brought to the attention of the people who can make the appropriate changes, if possible.

Danielle
Office Manager/Administrator in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!!! Prevail is the Best...love coming to work each day b/c of prevail

The entire system is a Pro for me!!!! I enjoy learning and exploring the system and it makes it so much better having the wonderful staff that you have. Customer support representatives are the BEST!!!! Because of them, I found this system very interesting and user friendly.

I do not like that you cannot print Sticky notes or complete the sticky note and keep it in the history of the claim. There are times that a sticky note is completed but we cannot delete documentation of a client file. Also, I find that the Notes tab is useless. Everything you want or need is in the history tab and can be sorted for whatever you are looking for.

Antwort von Practice Technology

Hi Danielle! Be sure you're not using Sticky Notes for tasks. They should never be used for something that needs to be done. They should be used to call attention to something. For instance, use a Sticky Note to let everyone know you need a correct phone number on a case, but set a task to get that phone number. Then, when the task is completed, it'll be noted to the history. If you want to use a Sticky, then make a note before it's completed, you can create a history category, "Sticky Notes", and copy and paste the info into a history entry, then delete the Sticky Note. As for the Notes tab, I rarely use it, but our clients who were used to having a Notes tab in an older version of Prevail, really missed it when they upgraded. For them, we added it back in. Robin

C Jane
Disability Representtive in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Must have for SS disability work.

Kommentare: The scale won't work. I am extremely likely to recommend and have recommended many times. Prevail software has allowed me to scale up my business without adding staff. Keeps me organized and saves me money. Helps me win cases by adapting to my work flow and making sure I never miss a deadline.

Keeps me totally organized. Using Prevail case management software has allowed me to triple my case load without adding staff. It has paid for itself many times over. The training is excellent and the annual fee is more than reasonable given the high quality of the tech support. I always get a real person on the phone who understands the software and is extremely knowledgeable about the disability business. They give me solutions that are better than what I ask for because they've seen so many different business models. The Prevail staff are continually upgrading and improving the product so it just gets better and better, but the upgrades never interfere with business. They make the upgrades seamless and work with my schedule. I cannot say enough good things about Prevail.

Antwort von Practice Technology

What a great review! Thank you, Jane!

Tracy
Paralegal/Office Manager in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

We have been using Prevail for about 5 years now. What a difference it makes in your practice!

Kommentare: I think the greatest benefit of this product is that you can handle many more cases with it than without it, thereby making your investment in the product nominal. Also, it is so user friendly that anyone can learn to use it very quickly.

Very user friendly and very functional. Even the most inexperienced can learn to use Prevail very quickly. We are able to handle many more cases than we did without Prevail. I really like the document merge feature as we use a lot of form letters. The intake questionnaire is great as well. We can all be on top of our game on every case because it is easy to see where we are on a case. Love the process tab too because we can set lists (autofill) or steps and each serves its purpose for different types of cases. Prevail tech support is fantastic! They are responsive, friendly, understanding, and very helpful-well worth the yearly contract fee.

There are a few glitches here and there and it crashes sometimes, but for the most part we are very happy using Prevail.

Antwort von Practice Technology

Hi Tracy! Be sure to contact tech support if you're having any issues.

Aaron
IT Specialist in USA
Rechtsberatung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Prevail Case Management Software

Organizes all of the client data into easy to look up files.

Interface feels like something from the 90s

Jennifer
Senior Legal Case Manager in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Prevail has allowed our firm to stay up-to-date with our cases and, for that, we love it!

Kommentare: The instant access to view our files and keep up with what is going on with each... The merge-doc function is by far the best feature, as well as the rolodex and the capability to run reports.

The merge-doc functionality is awesome! We also like the fact that we have instant access to our cases with all the info on the screens about each case. The rolodex is also a plus, especially being able to see what cases are attached to certain rolodex entries.

Everything in the history gets jumbled up to where it's hard to locate things. Wish there was an option to assign a specific color for each category. Also wish the process was simpler in getting a new report added that we need.

Antwort von Practice Technology

Hi Jennifer, Your concerns are being forwarded to our staff. Thank you for the great review! Robin

Wendy
Legal Assistant/Office Manager in USA

Saves time!

Kommentare: Time, creativity, information, transition to paperless office

Great staff! May I join your staff. Saves time....as much as 50% prior to use of Prevail. You can find new uses for Prevail on a continuing basis, either on your own or through the provided resources.

Can't think of a thing! OK, if I must think of a few.....when I write a history note and my note goes into the extended section the first letter is automatically capitalized even when it is not appropriate. I would call this a petty annoyance.

Mary
Clerical Assistant in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Prevail is easy to use and has many helpful options.

Kommentare: The benefits i get from this software are staying on top of upcoming cases and allowing to see what really is the most important thing i have to work on, sometimes we get carried away thinking everything we have to do is important at our job but Prevail allows us to lay our cases and due dates right out in front of our eyes and physically show us "hey this needs to be worked on now" or "this can hold off for the time being" it takes the "overwhelming" part of work out of your hands. Literally gives you a top tier and lowest tier priority of work.

I am freshly new to the world of law & Prevail is not only easy to use but has many options that allow the user to remain reminded about up coming and past events to work on, learning the ins and outs of law and being there are many cases to work on Prevail allows the user to remain on schedule with jobs that are time sensitive and need to be worked on ASAP.

There are slim to none things I do not like about this software, there maybe a few things options wise that seem redundant but other than that I tend to use everything that is in the software, from upcoming reminders to tasking future events prevail makes it hard to not stay on top of upcoming cases and future ones too!

Elizabeth
Legal Assistant in USA

Prevail Review

Kommentare: I have had a pretty good experience with Prevail. I have seen some struggles with Windows 10. I am hoping that these bugs will be ironed out with Prevail 8.

I like that it is easy to use and pretty user friendly. I like that there are not as many options for personalization as Prevail 6.

I wish that with the History that it didn't put the newest item by day and then by time - I wish I could make it so that the lasted post in History is always on top.

Antwort von Practice Technology

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for your review. Our tech support team will be in contact with you to show you how to have your most recent history entries post at the top of the tab.

Evan
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Customer Support Ever!

Kommentare: One of the best companies that I have used n my entire 54 years of existence.

They are always around to help with any issues and customize what you need.

Nothing. It's simply the best. Used it since 2001.

Yvonne
I.T. in USA

Time saver

Kommentare: It has been a huge time saver in regards to client management.

Being able to create and merge documents has saved a lot of time over the years.

I would like if a file history would be updated with the users name if they change the context.

Ralph

Prevail Review

Kommentare: I've used Prevail for 15 years and it's been great.

Ease of use and the great customer support.

There is nothing that I dislike about Prevail.

Ann
President/Attorney in
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Practice Technology --Prevail Case Management System

Kommentare: Prevail is the best case management system you can have. It will sync appts with your mobile phone. They have staff for technical support. You have unlimited calling. Their training is great and if you ever have problems you just call and they will help you. They can help you set up their built in process steps so you can assign specific tasks to specific individuals. For example if you get an initial denial it will automatically set up a task to make an appt. for someone to do the reconsideration, it will give you statute notifications as to when your deadline for completion is and this is true for every step in the social security process through federal district court. We have used it since 2009. The only time consuming thing which is not that bad is initially setting up your personalized letters so they are part of the process. The trainer helps you complete this. It is the Best Case Management System around and I have used others. Their staff is always friendly and gets back to you. If something needs to be changed by the development system they always call you back and let you know the status of any changes you request. They work had to make their system user friendly and to listen to customers suggestions for any improvement.

Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten
Quelle: GetApp

User-friendly software and GREAT customer service

Kommentare: As a longtime Prevail client, I feel compelled to set the record straight for other current and potential users. His previous review of Prevail contains inaccurate information. 1) You can add case statuses through the Databank, and the status can be updated automatically by properly setting up and using the Process Builder. 2) I'm not sure what version of Prevail Mr. Smith uses, but in the latest version, Prevail 7, the messages do not take over the screen. You may set them to display in a non-intrusive manner in the corner of your screen, much like alerts from Outlook for new e-mails. 3) Reports in Prevail CAN be exported to Excel. In fact, I export over half of the reports I use to Excel, so that I can manipulate the layout of the data in a more useful format, put the data in a graphical view, etc. Training is definitely the key to getting the most out of Prevail.

1. User-friendly 2. Great customer service 3. Prevail is designed to work with ANY law type 4. You can customize many parts of the program to fit your practice.

Erika
Anwaltskanzlei

Easy to use, incredibly interactive, and highly efficient

The program seems as though it was created to meet the growing demands of my firm and increasing number of clients. The customer service has been phenomenal - not only are they prompt and receptive to your questions but they also listen to feedback and help structure the program to best firm our firm. Everything from the matter pages and tools to document preparation and information merging to the calendar flows smoothly and is efficient.

I really have no complaints. While it may be easier if the vendor resided in our state, that certainly has no real impact on the ease of product use, accessibility to customer service, or the quality of the software.

Marina
Legal Assistant in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Prevail staff are very friendly and helpful

VA friendly, ability to be able to link the calendar and Prevail together, great support service, and can be efficient.

To many steps to save contacts. Not able to route a phone message, note, email to another employee.

Antwort von Practice Technology

Hi Marina! You can definitely route phone messages, notes and emails to other users. You can use the linking feature for that, to send a linked message. You can also link a task to the item, and set it for whomever you'd like. As for contacts, you should be able to save them with a minimal amount of steps. Call me with any questions! Robin

Dylan
IT Specialist in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Prevail Review

The features that it offers. I enjoy the ability to be able to view documents and find where they are stored

It's hard to navigate and find where things are located.

Daniel

Great Case Management Program

My favorite part of this product is the ease of use and overall user friendliness. Specifically, in working in a high volume setting it is extremely important to locate individual cases quickly. Prevail absolutely allows me to do that.

The feature I like least would be the sending of messages to other Prevail users. In my experience you cannot just send a message it has be in a note. No big deal, this is still overall a good product.

Josephine
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Isn't adapted to the new SSA documents

Kommentare: The trainers told me about the field, NBI and Nosscr.

The trainer was very good. I believe this might have been a very effective program years and years ago. It's not competitive. The concept is if you spend 20-40 hours of training time you will learn to work with this program. The program should be constructed to assist the customer.

Let me count the ways. The first is that it is only on windows. It takes much too long to "train". I was a bit shocked to learn the company doesn't want to keep up on the SSA forms, doesn't want to either put it on the web or make a Mac Version. Luckily there are other groups providing the same content for free, and you could build this easily with Filemaker.

Claire
office assistant in USA

love it

the document designer feature is amazing, at previous jobs i had to create documents from scratch and now it's so easy!

a quick info tab could be useful, but i t might already have that and i just don't know how to use it