Über Propertyware

Zugänglich, leistungsstark und erschwinglich ist Propertyware eine komplette Property-Management-Software-Lösung, die sowohl Zeit als auch Geld spart.

Erfahre mehr über Propertyware

Easy to use with a tab for each section. Statements, reports, bills and documents.

Somewhat cumbersome of a program compared to others. No online rent payments/Tenant portals.

Bewertungen zu Propertyware

3,7
4,0
3,8
3,8

Propertyware hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 308 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Propertyware bereits verwendet?

Carolina
Carolina
Supervisor in Venezuela

Property management, marketing and accounting.

Kommentare: I've definitely gotten a scalable solution that helps property managers to maintain the properties with automated and optimized flows work.

I like social collaboration between property managers, landlords and tenants. Digital marketing functionality is very full of digital marketing. The training process is and implementation can be done in a very short time.

The downside is that it is not aimed at commercial or large properties. The software can not be installed on computers either, it can only be done through the cloud.

Antwort von RealPage

Hello, Carolina. Thank you for posting your Propertyware review. We do have plans to expand our solution for commercial property management use in the future. Would you be willing to share more information with us about your requirements? I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for being a Propertyware user! Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins Director, Product Marketing

Jennifer
Head Bookkeeper in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for property management companies

Kommentare: Overall, our experience is positive. Prior to PW we used QuickBooks, Excel and Word to manage everything. PW has allowed us to grow and automate much of what we used to do manually.

We onboarded about 800 units and while that involved a lot of work, the PropertyWare staff were very helpful and made the process easy. We like that staff across the board can use the software and we can tailor their experience based on what position they are in.

My company now manages over 1100 units for 16 different portfolios. PropertyWare isn't the most intuitive for handling that many units or portfolios. Also I struggle with reports, often times there are fields that aren't options to pull into reports.

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for your review, and for making Propertyware your one-stop shop for managing your portfolios. Please continue to lean on support with any questions you may have, especially with reporting questions. Here's to many more years of growth together! - Charlie W

Tareq
Accounting Director in USA
Immobilien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

PW - 2024 Tareq Review

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience is great. Besides the slow loading and crashing, it’s been great product to use

Customer support is very helpful when needed Report’s function is very effective and has plenty of options to explore

Sometimes it’s very slow and that’s one of the things that is least favorite Crashes randomly and loses the page you were in

vor 2 Wochen

Thanks for your review, Tareq! We're glad you're having a great experience with Propertyware.

Julie
Julie
USA
Quelle: GetApp

Nightmare of a company

The ability to create our own fields which are available in reporting and views is great. Online bill pay for tenants and ability for tenants to submit their service requests on line is great. Bulk lease renewals are great, along with modifiable mail merge templates.

Everything else! The customer service is horrible. Submit a ticket, and maybe if you are lucky they will contact you weeks later. But then they will tell you that what you are asking for is an enhancement and you should submit it in their knowledge base. Generally...they consider everything an enhancement, even standard things that really ought to take a week at most to implement and test. Tiny adjustments could make huge difference for usability, but it seems like any ideas submitted to the knowledge base go into a black hole...never to be seen again. Even true bugs take over 3 months to fix...I think I am still waiting on one..it's now been 5 months. My background is technical...database development/programmer for 18 years, so maybe my frustration with this company is more than others who are standard users. Regardless, their first line of support is a joke...telling you to reboot your machine etc. I have to go through a number of people to get someone that actually understands what I am saying...and even then...months later, my suggestions never come to fruition. The basics of this software for daily things like keeping track of units, leases, work orders is good. But if you want software where there is a functioning mobile App, or Texting, forget it. They are so far behind the times. Their calendar is a joke...and the sync with Google even more of a joke. Their tasks in the software aren't connected with the calendar, nor with the Work Orders. It's like all the supposed amazing functionality to manage all aspects of your business each live in their own little tunnel. Fabulous...as if tunnel vision of an employee isn't bad enough...now our software works the same way...talk about repeated data entry! Waste of time. I have had 8 account managers in just over 2 years. None seem to care about us as a customer. We upgraded to their new payment structure and have been waiting 7 months (not exaggerating) for this process to complete. They keep asking us for documentation that was already given. They tried to give us a new account rep for this midway....via canned emails welcoming us to our new product. I am so tired of this company that if not for their ability to create our own fields (hence our own workflow)...I would have walked away long ago. My concern of going somewhere else is that will it be any better? And if we cannot create our own fields...how constrained we will be by true canned software. I cannot in good conscience recommend this software. I truly wonder whether Real Page has any intention of keeping Propertyware...or whether they intend to sell it off and focus on their other product....which seems like it might be a better fit for multifamily. But, based on our experience with this company overall...I cannot imagine going through a data conversion only to stay in bed with this horrible excuse for a software as service company.

Janice
Accountant in Kanada

One Stop Shop

Kommentare: Excellent, the technical service team is top notch.

Easy to track rental payment, ease of owner draws. No other software we looked into featured in depth owner information. Propertyware ticks all the boxes

Wish it catered to a few more Canadian features. I also I can't post to an account without attaching to a specific portfolio.

vor 4 Monaten

We're glad to see that Propertyware checks all these important boxes for your business, Janice! Thanks for taking the time to write this thorough review.

Tristam

Steer Clear!

Kommentare: They are the most frustrating company I have ever worked with.

The product is very customizable. But that doesn't help, when you add a custom field to track lockset codes, and once a year they have a "glitch" and erase them all!

We've been using propertyware for 3 years. The base product is fine. But they glitch constantly. We wanted to switch last year, but my PM's father passed and we were stuck for another year. Here are the main issues: 1. Our company website is constantly down. 2. Work orders "disappear," never to be relocated. 3. Applications "disappear" and you have to have the tenant reapply and eat the application fee. 4. Duplicate checks. It will pay the vender twice on occasion. 5. They indiscriminately don't pay an owner or 2 every month, so I have to go manually check after every reconciliation. 5. Customer service is in India. They have awesome techs, but the techs have no answer for any of the above issues. It's always just chalked up as a glitch.

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Tristam, We take feedback like this very seriously. One of our representatives will be reaching out to learn more about your experience. - Charlie

Martha
Accounting Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Propertyware review

It's a great tool to manage properties. As a cloud based software is available from anywhere.Easy to collect rent through the Tenant portal and pay owners.Good customer service .

Since the phone menu options have changed, I had difficulties reaching Propertyware customer service .

vor 10 Monaten

Hi Martha, Thanks for your review. If you're calling 800-704-0154 for support, there has been a change with how you get to Propertyware support. Instead of pressing an option, simply say "Propertyware" and that should take you where you need to go. Hope that helps! - Charlie

Anne
Maintenance Manager in USA

Propertyware Review

The maintenance portal is easy to use.

In the maintenance section - when a tenant places more than one issue in the same request, it would be helpful to be able to break it down as example: WO #935A to allow you to close out individually when completed. Otherwise, you'll need to keep the entire WO open until such time as all work has been completed.

Colin
Broker Prop Mgr in USA

Propertyware review

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It’s better than Quick books which is what we used prior to PW.

Better than quickbooks. The maintenance management section works well

Not intuitive. I would absolutely hate it if support wasn’t so great. Software seems to be built by accountants for accountants. Simple tasks are more difficult than than they need to be.

vor 2 Wochen

Hi Colin. Thanks for your review. Be sure to check out Propertyware University by clicking on the "Training" link in the upper-right section of your account.

Pedro
Application Specialist in Nicaragua

Propertyware

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Easy to use, very user friendly. Overall a good system and good support.

The only thing I don't like is the system to pull the screenings for Equifax, if there is even a small mistake on the prospect page it will not give you Equifax score and I have to call you every time. I am calling you at least 2 or 3 times a week to your support because of this.

vor 2 Wochen

Hi Pedro, thanks for taking the time to write a review. To clarify on the screening matter, in order to ensure true reports are being returned to you so you can make an informed decision, information provided for screenings must be accurate.

Terry
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Document every promise and they will break them and charge you

Kommentare: The people were nice and courteous but did not resolve my issues and just stopped communicating instead of resolving the issue. I might have kept the product had they not ripped me off on the add on services.

Online payments, I had a great experience with the help center they helped me with several issues until they were resolved, too bad the rest of the company didn't work this way.

Having my sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] lie to me and then stop responding. Didn't provide the service as described and charged me anyway. Implementation drug on from 11/15 to 1/30 and turned on live without any testing. The marketing is useless without paying Zillow. The phone app crashed constantly when trying to search. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] my sales rep, put in writing that I could cancel a $100/mo add on for doc u sign and maintenance but did not honor it. Extended my contract with the change that could supposedly be deleted. The call center was supposed to do pre-screening and answer the phone for $452.25/mo. Instead they took all forwarded emails and entered them into my leads without talking to the people and sent them back as another lead. When I attempted to work things out to get it working I got stonewalled and the monthly payment continued. Multiple people called when I asked to cancel and said they would take care of the issue and then they stopped responding.

Teresa
Broker In Charge/HR Manager in USA

Propertyware Review

Kommentare: Propertyware does make our day to day processes go smoothly, it makes it easier on our tenants and owners on paying rents and collecting monthly income through the tenant and owner portals.

Propertyware is a software with vast capabilities. We have used the majority of these options in our business. We are pleased in general with the software and continue to learn more about the software on a daily basis. We would recommend Propertyware to other real estate property management companies.

The support team is very helpful, but we have had a few issues that were not resolved in a timely manner. We have had issues with the maintenance application that was updated in February 2019 and we received notification from the support team on May 24, 2019 that the issue had finally been resolved. This issue caused us a lot of frustration and extra work when we feel that the update on the app should not have been done until it had been completely tested and debugged properly. We encourage Propertyware to notify its clients as frequently as possible on upcoming changes and to take into consideration all of their clients before making drastic changes to the software. In the past, we had issues with the check scanner not being compatible with our firm's policy of the collection of funds and move-in procedures. This caused issues for about a month and half before we had to stop using the check scanner through Propertyware.

Antwort von RealPage

Hello, Teresa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will share your feedback on maintenance with our product team. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director Product Marketing RealPage

Miranda
Bookkeeper in USA

Propertyware Review

Kommentare: I enjoy using the Propertyware system. I find it easy to use.

Propertyware system is easy to use. Being web based, access anywhere

At first the training was difficult, we found little help in calling customer service. We had a new account Representative reach out to us, she was able to guide us to all the new training Propertyware has to offer. We are now on a better road to fully using all the tools. I know the system was build for the smaller multifamily property and has all the custom features, but this requires us to manually enter all of the information. I wish we had a training like before, come in and set up the system for us when we first started. After 7 years of using the system we are just now setting up all the Marketing settings, we have not even started using the widgets yet. To break it down, 7 years ago we didn't have the training needed to transfer to this system, now I feel we are getting the help we need.

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Miranda - Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We really appreciate your feedback. A lot has changed over the last 7 years and our implementation specialists are continuing to standardize processes with the help of customers like you. You can take advantage of the free instructor-led classes and open mic sessions offered by Propertyware University that you can schedule at your leisure by logging into Propertyware then selecting the training link, and choosing Instructor-Led classes from the top left menu. Cheers, Casi

Lisa

Propertyware is great

Kommentare: It was a good program, however, at the time, they did not keep up with new technology. Text communications and add on's. Therefore, switched (however, regretted it)

It was easy to setup and perform needed tasks on day 1

The transfer of properties/owners integration was difficult and did not go smoothly.

Judy
Property Management Coordinator in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Propertyware is a good product.

Kommentare: Once I got comfortable with using the software I like it. I don't have any trouble with finding the things I need in everyday use of the software. In learning the software I seriously screwed up some things and support was extremely helpful in helping me to correct my errors.

Propertyware tracks everything that a property manager needs for managing their properties. It holds owner contact information, bank accounts for direct deposits, insurance on the property, and the property(s) that the owner has. It has leases for all the properties and gives us a tenant ledger to track rents and contact information for each tenant. It has owner/tenant portals that is a tremendous help when it comes to tenant payments or owner contributions and gives the owner all the information they need on paid invoices and tenant receipts. It also keeps track of emails sent to owners and tenants so you have a record.

The software in the beginning is a little hard to use as it is not very intuitive. When a property manager was not getting the maintenance requests I called support and there were a couple of different areas that needed to be looked at and corrected before she started receiving them. I would not have known that if not for support.

Aaliyah
Operations Manager in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good product but improvements could be made.

Kommentare: Good overall but still looking for ways to improve the business. I do look for other SW options from time to time. We have been looking at Doorloop at the moment.

Good product but improvements could be made. Overall I do like this product. I have not used other PM products so I can't really say what I like best.

Customization and automation. In 2022 I believe automation is becoming very important. There are some tedious tasks that I believe could be reduced or completely removed by adding automation. Setting up custom auto emails and alerts would be tremendously helpful to our business. We loved the idea of the docusign integration but it had some limitations to we removed the feature. It would not allow us to add/edit certain things before sending (without going and editing the whole template. Not all leases are the same so we need a little flexibility) so I think this could be an incredible feature with some improvements. Text message feature was a good idea but had no mass text functions at the time so we got rid of it. This would also be a good spot for auto texts. CONDITIONAL LOGIC would also be an amazing addition.

Joyce
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Software review

It is easy to set up properties, vendors, contacts, etc. The reports are much easier to follow than Appfolio. Whenever there is a minor glitch or I do not understand how to correct a ledger the customer service team walks me through step by step to get it done and sends instructions on how to do it myself next time.

I do not have any specific cons. I use the system for basic services but I know they offer a lot more. I do not know if the cost is comparable or not because I have not shopped around but I think the cost is reasonable.

Nichole
Tenant Care Coordinator in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Enjoying the system, only because the support team is on point and response time is impeccable.

Kommentare: Fairly new to PW, but enjoying it. Mainly the support team makes this work for me.

The support team. To have such a great support team really ensures the product you want fulfills the desires of the customer in question (SPM). All systems will have issues, but the support team you offer are the pillars allowing this product to go beyond.

Can not open multiple browsers with the system. If I open tenant-A to send a notice through mail merge, but go to tenant-B's page just for a glance, since tenant-B was the last page I looked at, that's the information that will plug in when I select mail merge on tenant-A's page.

Jeanine
Controller in USA
Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great software for a small business

Kommentare: Customer service is generally helpful.

Online tenant portal really helps corporate office as well as the tenant

They do not have a feature that clones JE that are more than one item at a time. Example is the monthly Property Tax Accruals have to be typed in every month by hand. If you use the new recurring entries function it will only do one account per entry which is bot good when you have many properties. One monthly entry for one property can be 4 recurring JE to cover that. Just not workable. To much to have to check each month to see if its in correctly. Many of the reports you cannot pull all information into one report. You have to use several and get them into excel takes time. If the information is all in PW wish the information flowed to all reports.

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Jeanine, Please reach out to customer care for suggestions on how to handle bulk journal entries or to make a feature suggestion. Thanks for your review! - Charlie W

Pam
Immobilien, Selbstständig

User Friendly Software

Kommentare: It has made us more organized and has made it easier to track our rental income and expenses. Overall, we have had a great experience

The software is pretty intuitive and doesn't need a lot of training to get started. I like that the reports are very customizable.

The look of the pages seem antiquated. I heard that a new cleaner look was coming, so I am excited to see it. I wish the reports would refresh automatically as I sometimes forget to look to see if the report is up to date.

Antwort von RealPage

Hi, Pam - Thanks for taking the time to provide us a great review. We appreciate you and yes, we have already begun introducing our new design. You can see the great changes in the look, feel and mobile responsiveness on the New View Dashboard, Integrated Text Messaging, and the Owner Portal. The Tenant Portal and the first phase of the Banking module, Money In, are launching later this month. We will continue to work in modules until the transformation is complete. We designed it this way to keep your training and business disruption to a minimum. Cheers, Casi Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director of Product Marketing RealPage

Donna

Overall Look into PropertyWare

Kommentare: Overall it has been very good and I have referred other owners to Properware.

Easy to learn and teach other. Pricing is great for small companies.

You can not get to a Chart of Accounts by typing in the name you have to remember the number. This is very hard when you have a very large chart of accounts list like we do.

Lorelle

Reports

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with Propertyware has been pleasant. It could be made a bit more fun with a few more graphics. :)

The software is basically easy to learn and to use. The menu is well organized and clearly visible, in that the appropriate sectors are available from any screen. There are complete and detailed videos for learning the software as well.

What I did not like about this program is that the Report section is quite limited; you are not able to select any field and prepare a report in any manner that you might need to prepare information. For instance, you have to select a certain section of Report (Desktop, Finance, Lease, etc.); this is fine, except that not every field is available even within that section to add to a Report. It can become very constricting and difficult to find the field you want to place within a report. There should be more flexibility in both the ability to create a report by selecting the fields you want without hunting through the sections. A complete alphabetical field list would be very helpful for people who are familiar with utilizing databases. The calendar also needs to have more options in order of searching and printing according to user.

Nina
Admin in USA
Immobilien

I was a bookkeeper and the team lead for dealing with issues on Propertyware.

The integration into rent, and ledger system. It was easy to pay vendors in bulk and they have an Owner payment system that most companies don't have.

The timetable to fix community wide issues was Very POOR!!! They would have us submit requests on a Community Board and wait for votes, supposedly the ideas with most votes would be worked on. Trouble is there were SEVERAL complaints about the same issues with 1000's of votes that sat on the system for 2 years!!! Still new people would call, complain and write ideas to no avail. It seemed the tech team or development leaders would choose the easiest tasks to fix and leave the real issues alone. They'd agree to work on a simple font or logo design but ignore the bigger issue of reports or accounting. This was a constant issue and aggravating. I had to run several reports into an Excel and merge them to get the information needed.

LE

Extremely frustrating experience!

It is an improvement over using Excel spreadsheets as our repository for tenant activity and maintenance requests.

Process from the get-go signing the contract until now as users has been a huge pain. Their contract is very unclear and uses terms only they understand. They kept making errors in the contracts and had to re-send multiple times. Implementation was very high level and they push you to take training courses on your own time to learn the software. Set up process did not go smoothly. Couldn't get check scanner to work even after hours on the phone with Support. One key reason we chose this software was because of its ability to sync with QuickBooks. But they provided incorrect training materials on the sync to QuickBooks and also gave conflicting answers on other questions I had about the sync so I ultimately lost confidence in trusting the data to sync with QuickBooks accurately. Some Support reps cannot answer basic questions about the software nevertheless technical questions. Software is not intuitive. Reports are not user-friendly. Biggest frustration though is the constant billing errors. Each time I look at our billing history there is a new surprise. They will charge our account and provide no supporting details for the charges. Most of the time it's been due to an error that I have to bring to their attention to get reversed. It has been an extremely frustrating process from beginning to end. Look forward to investigating other software programs as we getting closer to our contract expiration.

Angela

Huge learning curve

Kommentare: I've been using the software for at least a year and keep thinking I'll get used to it. I'm coming from other property management software so I'm familiar with the property management software features. It's almost like using an old Microsoft computer before windows. I would prefer a few buttons nice and easy and keep the data sheets in the background for the geeks.

This software seems to be very robust. Certainly it can do just about anything. It allows you to manage just about anything that rents on a monthly basis. Storage units, shampoo stations, or HOA, you can manage it with this software. I love that the tenants have their own portals and maintenance requests are easy.

It's NOT user friendly. Every step takes three or four clicks of buttons. The words used are not intuitive either. Need to find a vendor? Go to Money out. Need to send leases? Go to Mail Merge. Moving in a tenant takes manual entry of a number of things including the rent amounts and move in dates. Leases don't auto populate with the number of signers. Each time the number of signers changes it requires a manual change of the each field: date, signature field, and the name fields.