Clear Estimates Bewertungen

von Clear Estimates

Über Clear Estimates

Online-basierte Schätzsoftware für den Wohnungsbau. Generiere professionelle Schätzungen und verwalte gleichzeitig eine Teile- sowie eine Kundendatenbank.

Erfahre mehr über Clear Estimates

Zack B.
Carpenter/ contractor
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2018

"Only great experiences using Clear Estimates!"

Kommentare: I've been a Clear Estimates subscriber for several years now and couldn't imagine what I'd do without the program.

Vorteile: I'm not very technologically advanced and struggle greatly with estimates as well. Clear estimates was as easy to work with as possible and the real selling point for me is their amazing customer service. I will never be great at using any software but several times I have emailed questions or called their customer support and I have always been able to speak with a live person who smoothly assists me through my issues. The quick response time is amazing and I have grown to count on their availability to help me with any issues and they have never let me down.

Nachteile: If I had to choose I guess I'd like it to be a bit cheaper but in all honesty it is a really good value and worth every cent. But who doesn't want everything a bit cheaper?

von Clear Estimates an 28.8.2018

Hi Zack! We appreciate you taking the time to write this. It's our priority to familiarize you with the program and to help you resolve any issues should they come up. It's great to hear our support staff has been helpful in doing so. Thank you for taking the time to write this and know that we will continue to provide you with the best tool we can. - The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 22.8.2018
Joel M.
  • Bewertet am 24.11.2019

"Best investment in construction"

Kommentare: The biggest benefit to this is having accurate quoting. Since I started using it, I was able to increase my profit margins from 10% to 30% and capture more clients along the way.

Vorteile: This is easily one of the best investments I have ever purchased. With quarterly pricing updates and customization proposal forms, it allows me to stand out from other companies with clear and professional quotes and bids. I've done over 100 bids on here and probably capture 80%-90% of the clients.

Nachteile: This doesn't have a simple feature to convert my quotes into itemized invoices once completed. If it had that feature, this would be all that I would need. It took a while to get used to and to modify for my needs (and I still need to change a few things), but once I got the templates set up, it was fine.
Some of the categories use the wrong labor code so I have to pay attention, but that is relatively a small deal.

von Clear Estimates an 25.11.2019

Thanks for taking the time to write this, Joel! It's great to hear the software has not only helped increase professionalism but also increase your margins! Our team is actually working on a feature to itemize invoicing. This is something we're very excited about and will let you know when it is active. Thanks again - The Clear Estimates Team.

• Bewertet am 24.11.2019
Marty H.

"Review Clear Estimates"

Kommentare: Never heard about web based upgrade. was using old version till saw Wyatt's presentation using the upgraded system. Would have been nice to hear from CE that this was available. Much better application for my business.

Vorteile: Keeps me organized and on track, I dont miss anything on quote.

Nachteile: Very glitchy, many time need to get out of program and sign back in when it freezes or fails to respond

von Clear Estimates an 4.8.2016

Marty, thanks for writing us a review. I'm sorry that you were not notified when our software became cloud based. This is something we should have alerted you to. With that said, we are happy that our software keeps you on track and organized. Thank you for being such a loyal customer of Clear Estimates. - The Clear Estimates Team.

Robert C.
  • Bewertet am 4.3.2020

"Great tool"

Kommentare: Overall clear estimates has been extremely helpful building estimates and has saved time estimating projects

Vorteile: The customer service is excellent, website is easy to use and very customizable presents information in easy to use context.

Nachteile: I wish there was an option to use offline, some of the templates and parts are hard to find, I wish there were more parts and a different way to sort them or an alternate way to search phrases or components maybe smart assist estimate building like a questioner about the project being estimated then an ai suggest components to add or a way to review your estimate for errors.

• Bewertet am 4.3.2020
Kim M.
Office Manager/Partner
  • Bewertet am 20.7.2016

"Overall a good product"

Kommentare: We have been overall happy with the program. It is really hard to teach someone new how to use it though. We have a new employee and there have been several huge mistakes that have costs our company money in the long run due to over seeing some things.

Vorteile: Produces estimates fast, great to keep track of jobs, easy to change estimates for customers, cuts down on the time spent on the estimate

Nachteile: The search function is not great at all. It take a long time and rarely find what you need. The organization of parts seems to not be consistent. Sometimes the removal of things are within the right categories and sometimes they are in a general category. It is very time consuming to have to look in both categories. It does not integrate with quickbooks, which would make sending estimates a lot easier. Right now we have to save to word and then go to email and select the document to send to a customer, very time consuming.

von Clear Estimates an 20.7.2016

Hi Kim,
Thank you so much for taking the time for writing the review, we really appreciate it and glad you are generally happy with the product.

I'll get in touch with you to hear more about the error you were talking about with your new employee. We're always looking for ways to improve the software so hearing about a problem like that will help us avoid it in the future.

We also do integrate with Quickbooks, so I'll help you work through that.

Jack
Clear Estimates Support

• Bewertet am 20.7.2016
Arnold M.
  • Bewertet am 9.2.2017

"My Clear estimate review."

Kommentare: I've been using Clear estimates software for about 4 years and the Program is very compatible with other programs out there. What makes Clear estimate different is that it is user-friendly and the layout of the program is very professional. When I hand my estimate over to my customer it's very well laid out and detailed . What I like most about Clear estimate Besides it's layout it pretty much covers all the trades. But the best thing is that it's very affordable for contractors like me that runs a small business.

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is being able to set up Parts & Templates which makes putting together an estimate a lot faster which means you have more time to oversee your business.

Nachteile: The thing I least like about this software is not being able to use it for insurance work. What I mean by that is some jobs I get may be from insurance companies and the estimate might call for dehumidifiers and fans board ups stuff like that. But I can get by with it.

• Bewertet am 9.2.2017
Jason B.
  • Bewertet am 27.3.2020

"Great software for the technically challenged tradesman. "

Kommentare: I am able to have faster turn around times on my quote generation for my potential new customers. I really like the invoice and payment options. Make running a business more streamlined and efficient.

Vorteile: I am not a very technical guy. I work in the trades and I can repair most anything. Clear estimates is easy for me to learn and use. The training videos are extremely helpful. If I can use this software to generate professional quotes anyone can. Anytime I have needed personal assistance over the phone they were always there for me. They want me to be successful using this software. It is very customizable to fit your business weather it be a Handyman/remodeling business or general construction.

Nachteile: Honestly the cons are all pointing at me the operator. I am learning as I go and not very good using any technology. I can use clear estimates and get better with it on every project.

• Bewertet am 27.3.2020
Lynette C.
Bookkeeper
  • Bewertet am 3.11.2018

"Super time saver"

Kommentare: The customer service is outstanding. I had a one-on-one call with CSR to help with a few questions I had, and he was extremely helpful - patiently explaining those things I was confused about. With the new search feature, I am now extremely happy with this product and am very glad to have found it.

Vorteile: How much faster it is to put accurate estimates together. I also like ability to adjust the labor rates and hourly multiplier for bigger crews. The templates help make sure I don't miss including necessary parts to the proposals, and the ability to edit items for individual jobs is easy and convenient.

Nachteile: At this time, it does not integrate with QuickBooks Online, something that I have been told they are working toward. I found adding Alternates to the quote to be a little confusing with all the different areas that they can be entered, and still do to a certain extent.

von Clear Estimates an 16.11.2018

Hi Lynette! Thank you so much for the feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying the recent changes. Everything we have done is based on our customer feedback. The new search feature should allow for much faster estimating. Our Quickbooks online integration is coming very soon. Within the next couple weeks, actually! I'll have a member of our team reach out regarding alternates - we're happy to provide a more in depth explanation about those. - The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 3.11.2018
Randy H.
  • Bewertet am 26.8.2019

"Well put together estimating program."

Kommentare: I've been happy with it, the cost is a bit high for the amount of bids that I am currently doing, but I'm sure that will change over time.

Vorteile: Having not come to the business with an extensive construction background, this program has been very useful is establishing a benchmark for my work bids.

Nachteile: Learning the terminology...some is not intuitive.

von Clear Estimates an 28.8.2019

Hi Randy. Thanks for taking the time to write this. It's great to hear Clear Estimates has been helpful, even for someone with limited remodeling estimating experience. As far as terminology goes, please feel free to clarify anything with us. Just send over some terms you are not familiar with to support@clearestimates.com and we would be happy to assist. As far as pricing goes, we do offer year-long plans that provide a 20% discount. We also never restrict the number of estimates any of our customers can create, something very helpful for when estimate volume increases! Thanks again. - The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Eric t. M.
  • Bewertet am 31.10.2017

"Very helpful for bidding jobs!"

Kommentare: Accurate job estimates with detailed pricing and flexibility. Up to date pricing info. Professional estimates.

Vorteile: The constantly updated materials and labor costs based on my geographical area is invaluable! I also like the flexibility to adjust pricing.

Nachteile: Can be a bit time consuming putting all the bid pieces together. Would also like to see an invoicing option based on the bid.

von Clear Estimates an 3.11.2017

Hi Eric. Thanks for taking the time to write this. We're thrilled to hear our up to date pricing is helping you win bids. It's also nice to hear that you have been able to customize bids to fit each specific project. Just a few weeks ago, we did release a Pro version of Clear Estimates. Pro allows you to invoice for each bid you create. We would be happy to enroll you in a free trial of Pro should you be interested. Thanks again, Eric. Take care! - The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 31.10.2017
Kevin C.
Business owner
  • Bewertet am 15.3.2017

"Great product it has helped my business."

Kommentare: I do not like the estimating side of my business cause I am bad at it and I tend to be optimistic which causes me to short myself in the long run. I started using this product to help me with the process to get estimates out faster and to know I am giving a good estimate that doesn't short me. It has helped me in that aspect for sure. The customer service is superb. There is this little icon u click and send them a msg with your questions and they get back to you in a timely fashion. The nice thing is the msg comes back in the program and they also send me an email. So if I am in the field working I know they have responded with an answer when I get the email. I love how you can email the estimate right from clear estimates and the estimate looks very professional. You can customize the formal estimate to how ever you like. Also if you don't like the prices they give you, you can easily adjust them for that estimate per item. Or you can customize that item to show up every time with your adjustment in price on every estimate. The customization to the items and pricing is endless. I have had to add very few new items they have so much to chose from already. The program is easy to use. I could teach my 11 year old to use it if I needed to. I have had nothing but great success using there program. They also give u a free trial to use it first. Take the free trial and try it you won't be dispointed. I am surprised this program does not cost more. I have made up for its cost monthly in the more money I am making due to its estimates. Thank you clearestimates.

Vorteile: Easy of use, price, use on any device, customer support, the quarterly updates for pricing, and formal look of the estimates, and being able to email the directly from clearestimates to my customers.

Nachteile: Does not import directly in to quickbooks online. If it did that it would be perfect for me. I prefer using quickbooks online so I can use the program from any where like clearestimates.

von Clear Estimates an 16.3.2017

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the review. It is our number one priority to help you win bids, and I am thrilled our software has helped you to do so.

In the future, we do plan to integrate with QuickBooks online. We'll be sure to let you know when that happens.

As always, let us know if any questions come up!

- The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 15.3.2017
Chuck R.
  • Bewertet am 14.4.2017

"Worth every dollar!!!"

Kommentare: I used this software when it first came out. Now it has come a long way on appearance and functionality. As far as learning a new software, the curve was easy for me. If you are a small contractor this is a must for speed of quoting and accuracy. Also with the reports function you look as professional as the big guys. If you want to step up your company, get Clear Estimates!!!

Vorteile: Easy to learn. Professional looking reports. The ease of updates prices for material and labor. Customer support is spot on. And the software was created by remodelers that understand the struggle. They are always striving to make the software better.

Nachteile: Some minor software updates could be done. A mobile version could also help a lot more small business.

von Clear Estimates an 14.4.2017

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for the review! We're happy to have you on board again. We are thrilled to hear you like the improvements we've made since you have been gone. We appreciate the kind words. Happy estimating!

• Bewertet am 14.4.2017
Mark B.
President / Operations Manager
  • Bewertet am 2.11.2018

"Perfect Answer to Estimating "

Kommentare: Been with them from the start up , great customer service and always striving to make things better
for remodeling estimating .
We searched and tried many other software options for estimating our large projects , maintenance , and repairs and were pleased to find CE nailed it for quoting everything we do and almost instantly made our estimating chore quick and painless.

Vorteile: User Friendly / Excellent adjustable database / Easy to make proposal changes for re-submittal /Proposals that Clients Complement Every time

Nachteile: No Cons with this software , we adjusted to fit our needs .

von Clear Estimates an 16.11.2018

Hi Mark! Thank you for taking the time to write this. We've appreciated your support over the years. It means a lot to us to know that Clear Estimates has been a helpful solution for your estimating needs. We do our best to continually update the program based on customer feedback. We hope you are enjoying the new changes! - The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Sheen F.
  • Bewertet am 25.7.2016

"Easy to use, unassuming software for remodel estimating - Saves hours of work."

Kommentare: After using both the downloaded and cloud versions of this software for about 4 years, I can't imagine how I ever did without it. Previous to this we used QB to estimate our projects, which was a time consuming and tedious process that seemed like it always being done from the ground up on every project. Once the initial time of a 1/2 day to a day is invested to set this software up to fit your business needs, even the most complicated proposal or estimate can be completed in an hour or less, with many of our standard proposals being generated in 15-30 minutes.

Vorteile: Easy to use, great support, cloud storage

Nachteile: Little technical items like having to manually fill and delete lines in individual categories

von Clear Estimates an 4.8.2016

We are thrilled to hear that Clear Estimates has saved you hours of work, Sheen. You have been with us for a few years now and we appreciate your loyalty very much. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

Walter M.
  • Bewertet am 2.8.2016

"Personal Review"

Kommentare: I have used the software and do appreciate the way it does the calculation. There are some areas that could use improving. Most of my estimating is for outdoor structures and may be it is me but it is hard to find a set of items that I use in my work. We do structures for outside like water features, fire features, Pergolas... It may be because i do not know where to look to find these items. I know I can construct my own I just do not have the time. I have also found that the prices our a tad high for my region even though I use a local area for cost estimating. If it is possible for there to be an area for the above items to be added would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy using the software.

Vorteile: Help out a good bit in my estimating . Like how items are arranged in there categories. I need to attend a call to help me set up some of the line items listed above. Love how the customer support is always there to help!!!! Love the way that allows you to go in and change/manipulate the results.

Nachteile: Could have categories in other areas. What I do not like about the software has it benefits as well . When you input the customer info it draws on past results which is awesome but at the same time it can be a issue. Not that much of a bigge

von Clear Estimates an 3.8.2016

Thanks for the kind words, Walter. We are glad to hear that our software has improved your estimates. As you know, Clear Estimates is fully customizable, allowing you to create as many line items as you wish. I would be happy to set up a call with you to explain how to create some custom outdoor features. Be on the look out for an email. - The Clear Estimates Team.

• Bewertet am 2.8.2016
Keith S.
  • Bewertet am 27.7.2016

"estimating basics"

Kommentare: I bought this after trying several others. As a small business, I couldn't afford to spend a lot of money up front.

Vorteile: The estimates seem to be right on for both Materials costs and the labor hours. As my own fault, I don't put enough overhead in the projects.

Nachteile: I wish I could edit the markups on the alternates individually I wish I could print out the alternates in detail on a combined report, not separately
I wish the tree would expand based on specifics (more like a windows tree) as opposed to scrolling down the whole thing, then having to scroll back up to close.
I wish there was some way to track the projects... i.e. bids submitted, waiting on customer. signed.. completed.

von Clear Estimates an 4.8.2016

Hi Keith, thanks for taking the time to review our software. We are happy to hear that Clear Estimates pricing is accurate for your area. Individual markups is something we would like to implement in the future. Thanks for the input. - The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 27.7.2016
Jarad P.
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2018

"Fast setup, Easy to use, great support"

Kommentare: I have used this software online with 5 different companies including my own its very easy to swap back and forth between companies.

Vorteile: Sign up, you online quickly and its super easy to setup and if you have a question you get an answer and you get it quick.

Nachteile: could use some more localized things added as different regions have different things they do due to weather for example.

von Clear Estimates an 19.9.2018

Hi Jarad! We appreciate your review. It's great to hear that our team has answered all of your questions as they come up. We're glad Clear Estimates has been useful for all of your business estimating needs. As far as local items, we'll will have a member of our team reach out to see if you have any suggestions for your specific area! - The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Barry O.
  • Bewertet am 27.2.2017

"Home Improvement Clear Estimate Review"

Kommentare: This is the second time for me using Clear Estimates. After not using the program for a couple of years, I was surprised at the updates made, that made it easier and faster to develop my estimates, and the fact that the cost for the program had remained the same. The support and the new videos are fantastic. I have recommended it to several of my friends, who are also contractors. The nice thing is, the more you use it the faster and easier it gets. I do a lot of the same kind of jobs, and now all I need to do is copy an old estimate when doing a new one. I can see what I estimated on the old one that was high or low and make adjustments and if needed, add or subtract items as needed. This is really made easy with this program, and keeps my estimates more consistent. The Proposal and contract part of the program is great and can be customized with little time and effort. I highly recommend this program over the 3 others I have used. None were this complete or easy to use for the cost.

Vorteile: Easy to use, and cost.

Nachteile: I do Wish it had more small Home Improvement cost items.

von Clear Estimates an 7.3.2017

Hi Barry,

We're happy you've found our support articles and videos to be helpful. We do our best to provide as many resources as we can to make sure our customers succeed.

Thanks for the home improvement part suggestion - we will look into it.

- The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 27.2.2017
Jon W.
  • Bewertet am 1.10.2016

"works FLAWLESSLY"

Kommentare: I've been using "CLEAR ESTIMATES" for about 6 months. I put very little time into learning how to use this software, (I basically jumped right in) and the estimates get done flawlessly. If I have a question I go to the tutorial videos and they walk me right thru it, and if there's a question I can't find an answer to. (Hasn't happened yet) I can press the question mark at the bottom of the page and there's someone from "Clear Estimates" there to answer. They did quite a job building this software and putting all the videos and webinars together. I should also add, the videos and webinars are free. I started out using a different estimating software, from a well known company. It was a huge headache. There was zero support, No training videos, just a class that was available once every 6 months for $500. They can't hold a candle to "Clear Estimates" last estimating software you'll ever need.

Vorteile: Professional looking, easy to use. VERY EFFECTIVE

von Clear Estimates an 12.10.2016

Hi Jon, thanks for the kind words! We are so glad to have had you on board for the last several months. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 1.10.2016
Alan H.
  • Bewertet am 29.7.2016

"The Good the Bad and the Ugly"

Kommentare: Response time to some questions is lengthy. Some functions don't work as easy as you would think. Accessing the drop down box on current customers I challenging, you hit the drop down arrow for the customer list and the list goes away. You have to continue to hit the drop down arrow.

Vorteile: Easy add change orders and change prices

Nachteile: Payment schedule sometimes doesn't stay changed when you go back and forth on different job project.

von Clear Estimates an 3.8.2016

Alan, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Since we are now cloud based, our software is constantly being updated. Look out for a refined customer search feature soon. - The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 29.7.2016
Wes B.
  • Bewertet am 21.7.2016

"Clear Estimates software review from Wes Ballinger."

Kommentare: The software works great. The templates are very good, but it is also very easy to customize. I am very happy to have the service.

Vorteile: The fact that you have gone online is great. Not needing to backup my database is wonderful.

Nachteile: I really don't have any complaints.

von Clear Estimates an 24.2.2017

Hi Wes,

Thank you for the review. We strive to provide you with a great estimating tool. When you have success, we do to!

• Bewertet am 21.7.2016
Corey S.
Estimator
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.10.2018

"Great Etimating Software"

Kommentare: We have easily conquered the estimating cross training, easy access from any computer, built in adjustable pricing., as a result, of saving time estimating, we are seeing increased closing rates

Vorteile: I switched from Xactremodel about 6 months ago, and as a small growing business, I can much easier train Clear Estimate software to other coworkers, plus it is web based which makes it very convenient for any user to access from a web browser. I was a fairly smooth transition, As Clear Estimates is very easy to use. In reference to how the estimating function works it is fantastic. I am able to set my labor rates and multiply by fractions of the hour-the ability to manipulate the clean template make its very easy for our customers to read and understand, as a result, I believe my closing rates have increased by roughy 10%.

Nachteile: I really can not think of anything I do not like. Sorry, but I love Clear Estimates

von Clear Estimates an 9.10.2018

Hi Corey! It's great to hear Clear Estimates has become a useful tool for your remodeling company. It is stories like yours that keep us going. We strive to offer an easy to use, functional and valuable tool and are glad you have found it to be so. Keep up the good estimating and let us know if any questions come up! - The Clear Estimates Team

• Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Howard S.
  • Bewertet am 17.8.2016

"Clear Estimates Review"

Kommentare: I am a long time user and have been using Clear Estimates since the first revision. I am very happy with the updates, modifications made over the years. Customer support is the best of any SW company I have ever done business with!

Vorteile: Ease of use, able to put estimate together in a modular form. Jack in customer support.

Nachteile: I would like to better control the boiler plate items.

von Clear Estimates an 24.8.2016

Howard, thank you so much for your support over the years. We're very happy to hear that CE is working well for you. Take care. - The Clear Estimates Team.

• Bewertet am 17.8.2016
Richard C.
  • Bewertet am 10.9.2016

"Clear Estimates is number 1 of it's kind!"

Vorteile: This software site has a definite ease of accessibility, you can quickly visit the app and input customer information and pull up a detail proposal on you project in a respectively short amount of time

Nachteile: Only real drawback I've seen is that the templates and available data need to be added to. There is a mountain of data available to provide quotes on projects but there could be much much more, I've many times run into a situation where that pricing simply isn't here. However this app is the best in it's field based on price, accessibility, and output of the required paperwork once you've properly setup your account with your personal information.

• Bewertet am 10.9.2016
Dave L.
Estimating and Sales

"Time saver software"

Kommentare: We went from producing our own excel sheets to the Clear Estimates program. What a difference that made in time savings to produce estimate, as well as producing a more accurate estimate.

Vorteile: There is a huge database of options with fairly accurate starting points for labor estimates. We are "Jacks of all Trades", so it's difficult to estimate labor without these guidelines.

Nachteile: I need to educate myself more on templates for time savings. I'm looking forward to watching the free Webinars to learn how to set these templates up.

von Clear Estimates an 4.8.2016

Dave, it seems that many of our clients have switched over from excel spreadsheets. We're glad you are finding our software much more helpful and easier to use. Take advantage of those templates! Thanks for your time with us. - The Clear Estimates Team