CDM+ is an excellent software for managing congregational membership data.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Richard S.
Regional Minister

Vorteile: A variety of modules allow you to link information about individuals and families including their attendance, giving, and groups with which they are associated. A mobile version of the software provides access to much of the data on mobile phones. Suran Systems continually improves and upgrades the software adding new features. Their support team is responsive, attentive, and cordial.

Nachteile: Not all pieces of the software are immediately intuitive, such as learning how to run reports that combine different data. So there is some learning curve. However, Suran provides regular training webinars and other helps online and their annual users conference is excellent.

From the Perspective of an Auditor/Reviewer

Bewertet am 10.7.2016
Mary lynn K.
Inactive CPA-Review/Audit
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I review all of the churches in our Diocese (83) and create a report for the church and Diocese as to how CDM is used or not used to provide accurate and reliable accounting information. There are suggestion for improvements. I also do training - one on one and presentations at our annual Bookkeepers Conference. I am a resource person for the bookkeepers if they have specific bookkeeping questions.

Vorteile: The ability to create a Chart of Accounts to match the reporting requirements for the Diocese and provide meaningful information to the pastor, parishioners, and Finance Council. The input screens are similar in each of the modules which is helpful for new users.

Nachteile: There are areas of the program that a bookkeeper can override good internal control procedures. Example: data can be coded to accounts marked "Inactive." Accounts can be marked "Inactive" when there is still a balance in the account. When the Contribution Module is set to post to the General Ledger, the bookkeeper can still enter donations that do not tie to the General Ledger.

CDM has truly revolutionized the way we track ALL areas of ministry and finances!

Bewertet am 21.1.2016
Chris K.
Executive Pastor

Kommentare: CDM has truly revolutionized the way we track ALL areas of ministry and finances I have been using CDM on a daily basis for the past eight years. Over the years I have watched as the software has grown and adapted to fit the church of today. We use CDM for several things: Attendance ' we track attendance for our sanctuary services, small groups, youth, children, and ministry teams. Address and Individual Records - Any files we have in regard to a member are housed inside this record for easy access. We image membership cards, baptism certificates, baby dedication certificates, marriage ceremonies, marriage licenses, background checks, wills, and pictures. Any documents we need to house can be easily filed, searched, and recalled. Mobile Applications ' I have the ability to customize how any device in our church can access our data. Our small group leaders can see attendance, phone, email, and addresses for only those who attend their group. They also log the attendance each time their group meets. Our staff can access phone, email, address, and attendance for all our members and enter visitation records, pastor records and attendance for any group they are enrolled in. From my phone I can even see the giving history for the past year on all our members. Children/Security ' Check In/Check Out allows us to print nametags and barcode receipts for all children as they enter our children's ministry area. By checking the students out using the barcode I can generate reports detailing when a child was dropped off and picked up and by what authorized adult. We have generated this report and it has been used in court for custody cases. Payroll ' Incredible tracking ' updates every time you open to ensure you are using the current tax tables. Our W2s and 1099s are complete in a matter of moments! Contributions ' We image every check that is given. The software auto loads the donor based on the check number it reads from the scanner. Contribution reports are a breeze and the reports are endless we can create. Accounting ' Incredibly user friendly and versatile. We pay all bills with ease and create amazing custom reports that answer and financial scenario you can come up with. Customer services is never an issue, the tech support team members are always personable and ready to stay with you until your questions are answers. Without hesitation I would recommend CDM!

Bad beginning

Bewertet am 25.1.2016
Medina F.
Pastors Wife

Kommentare: We switched to a church program rather than quick books mostly to help with minister taxes and payrolls. The person at CDM that set it up did it ALL WRONG. He obviously did not know what he was doing. When we started to do our minister taxes in 2015 ( for 2014) we had to redo the whole year. All the fling with the government and correct the program reports, etc. Since we didn't find the errors until April 2015, and tried to correct 2014 and 2015, however, there is still bad errors for the government in 2016 (for 2015) that we are having to redo and refile tax forms for the government. The customer service has been helpful in correcting this, but overall, the program has been a major night mare for me with lots of tears. It has been a difficult program to learn. I am good at book keeping and done this sort of thing for many years, but I DO NOT LIKE THIS PROGRAM. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. It is not user friendly and I wish that we had never gotten it. It is kind of hard to start over with a new program, and maybe we just had a very BAD beginning, but I wish we were not using it. Sorry. I have never posted a bad review but this one has been a night mare with refilling all the forms for the government and trying to correct. It would have been better to never use them. I'm thanking that my husband has more patience than me in spending the numerous days and hours and even weeks to correct the night mare.

I find CDM+ to be extremely user friendly. When I cannot figure it out, I call CDM. Always helpful.

Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Erlinda B.
Secretary/Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It works! Therefore, it makes my job easier!

Vorteile: Again, it is very user friendly. I am a seasoned, but not sophisticated user. I am so grateful for their support system. Sometimes I use it a lot! We have used CDM+ for nearly 20 years. At times, people on "committees" have suggested other software. I don't know if I am being loyal or stubborn, but as far as I am concerned, the "system" isn't broken, so there is nothing to fix. I have convinced us to stay with CDM+!!! I like the softward, I like the programs.

Nachteile: Sometimes, we have difficulty upgrading. Not sure if the problem is with CDM/Suran, or our computer system. I don't dislike it at all, because I always call them for help when it is time to upgrade! They always deliver. We have used CDM+ for nearly 20 years

One happy long time user

Bewertet am 30.11.2015
Christie L.
Business Administrator

Kommentare: I've been working in CDM+ for the past 10 years as the bookkeeper and now Business Administrator for my church. When I came into this roll I had not ever used CDM+ before. It took me a week to really grasp how CDM+ works when it comes to the different areas of the program. One of the benefits to having CDM+ is it provides us with one program that does the job of 7! We use it to track all our visitors that come to our church using the Attendance Module. It also allows us to track all our regular attenders and members under the Membership Module.
It then allows us to process their contributions to their record already in our database using the Contributions Module. It has an Accounts Payable Module that integrates right into our already existing church database. When it comes time to reimburse a member/attender their address information transfers right into Accounts Payable with a few clicks. It also allows us to pay our staff, process quarterly and annual state and federal tax reports thru the Payroll module. It provides us with a means to set up an event (both paid and free) that allow our church visitors, attenders and members (and outsiders too) to register for a particular event we will be hosting here at the church or even offsite. People can register in the office using a paper form which is then submitted via a staff member or volunteer or online using one of the many Web Ministry Tools CDM+ provides. Lastly, CDM+ also works as our church calendar using the Roommate Module. We track all the events, meetings, birthdays, holidays, vacations, etc using this module so we never end up having a conflict of room usage.
We also love the Premier Technical Support CDM+ offers. There have been several times when I've needed help fixing an error in payroll, assistance in Accounts Payable or Contributions, or needed a little more assistance in how to add an event under Roommate. I can always count on CDM+ Technical Support to assist me over the phone. And with the assistance of the screen sharing program they are able to see exactly what I see and can talk me through my problem or issue.

CDM+ review

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Lynnette D.
Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CDM+ is user friendly and it is fairly easy to find the information you need. We have loved when our pastors or other staff members ask if a certain report or list can be pulled and we are able to do it easily with CDM+.

Vorteile: My favorite thing about CDM+ are the people behind it! Support is knowledgeable and wonderful. CDM+ is user friendly and capable to holding a lot of information we need to have for our church. We like when reports or information are requested by other staff members, and we are able to easily pull that information from CDM+

Nachteile: There are a lot of small things that could make this software so much better! I know a new version is coming out in the Fall of 2019 and I am very excited for the changes that have been announced. I think the program needs a much more updated look.

Easy to use multifunction program

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Vicki S.
A/R Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to use, easy to teach others to use. Makes fund accounting fairly simple.

Vorteile: It is easy to enter data, easy to navigate between programs and it can give you just about any detailed report you could want or imagine.

Nachteile: I would like the reports to have the search dates on top of the pages. Currently you have to have all of the report search criteria printed in order for the date to print and depending what you are searching for that could take up 3/4 of a page.

CDM+

Bewertet am 1.5.2019
Jessica S.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I had no experience with CDM+ before taking the office manager position at the church I work at. I had little training and no accounting experience. I have found CDM+ to be fairly easy to learn and navigate through.

Vorteile: I think what I like most is the variety that the software is capable of doing. All the way from accounting to keep everything well organized to payroll.

Nachteile: I mostly wanted to leave a review to recommend that I think there should be a "Multi-Change" feature. Currently I have to go back and fix the general fund account where I log in contrubutions. It is quite timely because I have to click change for each indiviual contrubition and wait for it to load for each person. If I could go in and change each one and then save, I believe it would save a lot of time.

Great Program

Bewertet am 26.11.2018
Elden V.
Building Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CDM+ is a great software program with awesome customer support. I love it and highly recommend it

Vorteile: This is by far one of the easiest programs to use. Its user friendly. And helps you keep track of your church income. I highly recommend it

Nachteile: I haven't found anything that i don't like about this software.

User friendly, the system offers endless opportunities of record keeping, greatest ever.

Bewertet am 19.6.2017
Jean Y.
Finance Secretary
Buchhaltung

Vorteile: What's not to like, covers every aspect you can possibly expect, the support end is the greatest ever. I have called support many times, their response is punctual, helps me through whatever the issue is with an upbeat attitude, never makes you feel in-adequate. This software offers everything needed for a church.

Nachteile: With an update, it takes a little working with to get use too, as with any thing. I don't care for the set up in Roommate.

Great software for church use

Bewertet am 10.5.2017
Peggy J.
Admin Assistant, Finances
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software offers help with accounting, payroll, contributions, event organizing, membership and a security check in application that is very affordable. The customer service is excellent and the response time is very good. There is a host of reports to choose from that can be customized to your particular needs.

Nachteile: It is not as user friendly (intuitive) as I would like, but once you learn a procedure it is easy to use.

CDM+ has exceptional support and always available to take a call.

Bewertet am 7.2.2018
Marjorie A.
Secretary/Treasurer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Processing payroll and filing taxes. They are always up to date on all the changes in taxes.

Vorteile: I really like how easy the software is to understand. There is a place for every detail about your congregation so that there is no need for any other program. CDM+ has it all.

Nachteile: Having two seperate places for visitors and members. I would like to have them all located in one spot with a marker that indicates if they are a member or a visitor.

Great customer service and training!

Bewertet am 12.2.2018
Darlene C.
Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use this software everyday, all day long. I am able to keep Minister files updated with addresses, phone numbers, emails, and any other information that is needed.

Vorteile: So many options and abilities are available through CDM. I love being able to find information with one simple click.

Nachteile: I can't think of anything at the moment. The only thing I can think of would be the cost for smaller churches.

A Complete Church Database solution

Bewertet am 18.10.2018
Student Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was a good experience. Most of my experience was as a user in a church setting. I could easily log in, even from my phone, and retrieve any relevant data I needed fairly quickly. If there was something missing it was usually user error.

Vorteile: This does just about everything you would need it to do. There are not many functions I would want or need that CDM+ cannot accomplish. Pretty much a one-stop shop for this sort of software which is nice, and rare. +1 for a solid mobile app as well. The free trial is nice bonus as well.

Nachteile: Because it is such a massive program with so much functionality it can be overwhelming to get started. That said, they have tons of resources to help you along the way. My only other critique is the load time on the apps but that is also understandable when you take the amount of data into consideration.

The answer to our accounting and database problems, I love it

Bewertet am 8.2.2018
Theresa B.
State Treasurer

Vorteile: Payroll and Taxes
Accounting
Data base - Ease of finding addresses etc
Treasurers and Ministers Reports

Nachteile: Notices- Hard to set up and import letters and pieces of data
Emailing membership
Can not think of anything else

A valuable asset for any church

Bewertet am 20.1.2020
Joe C.
Account Manager

Kommentare: CDM+, though difficult to use and to learn was still an invaluable program to our congregation. CDM was loaded with features and helped us stay organized with giving, attendance and child-care check-in.

Vorteile: CDM+ is a powerful program that was invaluable to our church. Loaded with features, we used it on a regular basis.

Nachteile: CDM+ was difficult to use, not a user-friendly interface and was hard to learn. I distinctly recall numerous issues with getting the printer to work for the children's ministry check-in system.

Absolutely the best software to use to keep church's financial records!!

Bewertet am 7.2.2018
Jane D.
Treasurer

Vorteile: The way it coordinates everything together when you update an address in one module, it is updated everywhere.
The wide variety of reports that are available are phenomenal.
The customer service and help CDM+ staff provides is FANTASTIC.

Nachteile: Some of the tasks I only do one or two times a year are a bit confusing however, I am not formally trained in financial record keeping, so some of the confusion is from my lack of skills.

We implemented CDM+ Accounting Module in 2017. We have records with integrity now.

Bewertet am 10.2.2018
Cindy F.
Children's Director

Vorteile: IT is server based and it integrates membership data with accounting data - instead of needing to maintain two databases - you can maintain one.

Nachteile: Some functions are not self evident, and some bugs need to worked out on the lesser used report features.

The CDM+ support team is always willing to help and super patient when I call with my problems!

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Keri B.
Financial Secretary

Vorteile: I love how helpful the support team members are, as well as the many training opportunities available!

Nachteile: Like any software, there is a learning curve at first. It still wasn't hard to figure out compared to some others that I have used!

Great product. Leased CDM+almost three years ago after computer crash. Cloud base is wonderful.

Bewertet am 6.6.2017
Robert B.
Pastor

Vorteile: Ease of operation. Designed specifically for church. Familiar system for different groups. Reports are simple to do.

Nachteile: Learning curve a bit difficult, but I am seventy which may explain much. Great help line at no extra cost.

Excellent for Judicatory Work

Bewertet am 5.12.2015
Dean P.
Interim Regional Minister

Kommentare: My office serves as a regional fellowship for nearly 50 congregations. We use a version of CDM+ that is customized for judicatory offices. The program helps us track our churches, ministers, donors, and events. CDM+ provides a very robust and powerful database for churches and judicatories. Much of the power of the program lies in the data relationships between modules of the program. As a user becomes more experienced with the program, they discover the powerful searches that can be built to retrieve and analyze information. Support from Suran Systems is very good. Technical support personnel provide direct support to users and walk them carefully through problems. They are also good at answering the "How do I" questions that come up with the use of the program. I can highly recommend CDM+ for congregations and for judicatory organizations.

Great Customer Service

Bewertet am 6.6.2019
Jessie V.
Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This was very intuitive and easy to navigate. Whenever I did have issues, I was able to get help quickly and easily.

Nachteile: Sometimes it lagged, but this was possibly caused by a hardware issue.

consistantly useful

Bewertet am 25.11.2015
Cindy B.
Director of Stewardship

Kommentare: I have used this software for all 20 years of my work at Riverwood Community Chapel. Although I have never used other church management software, I have had no reason to look elsewhere as CDM+ has always fulfilled our needs/challenges in ministry. I did switch from Quicken financial software to CDM+ and was blown away by CDM+'s robust financial functionality. I liken CDM+ somewhat to our society's experience with Apple in that, in the church setting, CDM+ provides solutions to problems/opportunities we users didn't even know we needed solutions for. While giving us that vision, CDM+ also consistently maintains a user friendly tried and true software that can be counted on to help in the day to day needs of our ministries.

Easy to learn. great tech help to grow, always improving the software to better our ways!

Bewertet am 12.4.2016
Lee ann Y.

Kommentare: CDM is a very simple yet complex piece of software. The learning curve is easy, but the capabilities seem endless and overwhelming at times. You need to learn on an as to know basis so that you can fully grasp all the ways this system can help you gather, store and share data. It is a system that can benefit your office in many areas plus offer easy accessibility for those end of the year reports. Our office does not use it to its full capacity and that is a shame. It is mostly due to people not taking the time to explore the software and being fearful of change.