We utilize Fellowship One as our main database for records.

Bewertet am 30.4.2018
Luis B.
Physical Security Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love the functionality of the system. I like that it is web based so you don't need a server or special app on your computer to use. Anywhere you have internet you can use it! If you utilize it to its potential there is a ton of data you can store but most importantly you can run reports to pull that data. The report function is amazing, you can pull exactly what you are looking for exactly the way you want it.

Nachteile: I wish there was an activity log to track who makes what changes. We have a large number of users and its sometimes hard to know what information has been altered and if it should have been altered by that person. I know you can give permissions to users but having the log would add a great tool for administrators to use.

User friendly and great customer service

Bewertet am 9.5.2019
Tiffany M.
Nursery Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our experience has been great so far. We've had excellent support from our training rep . He has gone above and beyond to help our team, which could not be classified as "tech savvy," learn the system. I personally have had amazing help when calling customer support as I navigate the ins-and-outs of transitioning our church to their check-in system. What I appreciate is having my concerns heard, validated, and addressed.

Vorteile: I appreciate that this system is web based so no need to download software. The interface is pretty intuitive (especially for check-in) and easy to use for a new user. I like the versatility of the system and that it allows you to accomplish multiple things at one time (like assigning a child to an event during registration).

Nachteile: Like all church software programs I have used, the learning curve for those who are beyond basic users can be difficult. I found the F1 Academy videos to be VERY helpful and actually liked them better than the training video library. Also our training rep was awesome and worked with us so much!

Dated & Complicated

Bewertet am 17.12.2019
Christiana F.
Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As someone who participated in every demo presentation and helped customize F1 to our needs, I understood and could easily use/manage F1. However, a main reason we wanted to implement this software was to get team leaders and members connected to it as well, which is where the difficulty came in. Unless you're a very frequent user, F1 is difficult to navigate and therefore did not help us accomplish our goal of having many people interacting with it.

Vorteile: When working with larger quantities of groups or peoples, you were able to apply a mass action which saved a lot of time. The authorization settings were customizable from person to person which was helpful for our pastors, leaders and staff.

Nachteile: The amount of functionalities the system had sometimes felt like too many and yet it was still difficult finding what you need. The language throughout the software isn't easily understandable unless you were in the setup demos.

Fellowship One

Bewertet am 16.10.2019
Amy M.
Executive Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I liked F1 but it was a little clunky. Creating reports was very difficult and there were many steps involved in other areas that seemed unnecessary. Its a good product but there are more streamlined church databases out there.

Vorteile: I work with several churches and so I'm familiar with several different church database software. The thing I like best about F1 is that you can access the personal data of the members quickly and most of what you need is available without having to click on additional things.

Nachteile: The reporting was WAY too difficult to navigate.

Robust functionality but older processing and interface.

Bewertet am 20.3.2018
Bradley S.
Systems and Software Manager

Kommentare: I would like to say that even though I gave this product 3 stars in every field, I give it the neutral review because it has so much potential to be better. I think right now F1 is in a place of a possible explosion of great things? But it's going to take a revamping of old processes and implementing new ones. The biggest benefits is that it's a database which helps us to manage our needs as a congregation and keep account of how we value our team members who serve.

Vorteile: What I like most about F1 is the SQL database interactions and the ability to pull information on any person in our congregation by the fields on their account. This is hugely helpful when pulling statistics of who attended events, paid their tithes, who has pastoral notes, and so much more. I think the other thing that I enjoy most is that this is truly a one stop shop in regards to what's needed for ministries. You can do anything from background checks to childcare for events based on the manageable forms. You can create contacts for specific staff or titles within your organization to receive information on congregants based on options they choose from visitor cards.

Nachteile: What I least like about this software is that even though it has so many features, it's almost too much to navigate when you first get into it all. Trying to train a new person on staff with the amount of information overload is a bit daunting. Granted not everybody will be doing the same functions within the program, but to be able to upkeep this database, you almost need a person solely devoted to making sure the data that's entered is correct. I would also say that the knowledge base needs a revamp with more clear information on what the actual functions of the database are, including an admin-like knowledge base with deeper understanding of how data transactions are made. Some things are just kind of ambiguous and unclear as to how the transfer of data happens.

They are making it better but still a long way to go

Bewertet am 13.11.2019
Jeremy G.
Lead Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It did the job over the past 8 years but we switched to Planning Center because of the complexity of Fellowship One. The amount of time it takes to learn it is not worth it. We would rather spend more time ministering to people than trying to learn how to work the software.

Vorteile: They have a F1 Mobile App which allows you to do data management on the go. The app allows you to have the church directory at your fingertips which is helpful. They also, allow you to customize much of the system so you can tailor it to your liking.

Nachteile: Fellowship One is extremely difficult to manage. It is a nightmare to set up due to all of the steps. To run a report is not simple. They ask you so many questions and there are so many boxes to check to run a report, many of the reports can come out as failed due to one missing element. We had several smart people attempt to master Fellowship One and they struggled to get a full handle on it. Church Software management software should serve you not the other way around.

Great Solution for Smaller to Medium Church

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Kim S.
Financial Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, we have been pleased with member tracking, volunteer assignments, and groups created. Customer Service is most often quick to respond.

Vorteile: It is fairly customizable in regards to fields available. And, has a great report library.

Nachteile: Even though there are a vast number of Core reports that can be customizable, it is oftentimes difficult to get the exact information that is needed on a report. And difficult to troubleshoot when you create a report that seems to pull no data at all.

As a user this software was difficult to use

Bewertet am 16.8.2018
Joel H.
Technology Consultant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My church used this software to manage members, events and groups. As a group leader I was tasked with using it to track group attendance and report issues to church leadership. I personally didn't like it even in my limited use because the interface was not clear and it was tough to use. Adding members to the group was very confusing, the software just isn't designed very well in that regard. One constant I heard from pastors and staff at the church was how much they disliked this software. We recently just switched off to a new software that is much easier to use. Personally I am glad as I was not a fan of this platform.

Vorteile: - Tracks group attendance really well.
- Once you got into the place you needed to be getting data entered into the system was fairly easy.
- Allowed leaders to make edits to meeting attendance fairly easily.

Nachteile: - User interface is not friendly, the system was honestly difficult to find your way around.
- Even church staff could not fix simple issues like user information being in the system incorrectly; there was only one staff member that really knew how to fix a mix up where our account had incorrect information in it. The system would not let us correct the error ourselves as it was limited to an admin.
- Did not take imports from other systems well so data had to constantly be manually entered by staff which created loads of extra work for them.
- Adding members to your group was a pain as they had to be added to Fellowship One, sent a request and then you could add them. If I had a guy just visiting the group there was no way for me to put his attendance in without having to officially add him to the group which was not great for tracking purposes as a leader.

F1

Bewertet am 20.7.2019
Tracy B.
Operations
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software has frequent updates. It seems like they are really trying to improve.

Nachteile: This software does not have a user friendly reporting.

Really needs a facelift

Bewertet am 6.9.2018
Lauren L.
Creative Coordinator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Fellowship One is a great, in-depth church management software. We wish that Fellowship One was more user friendly though. It's very complicated and not intuitive. Reports should be as complicated at it is. And their software could definitely used a facelift. We would switch to another software if it wasn't for the fact that we know it would be such a huge headache to switch after all the years we've been with them.

Vorteile: I like their new iPhone app that allows me to easily look up a member's information on my phone, but I wish I could do more from my phone rather just see their information. But it's a good start.

Nachteile: The Reports. They are not intuitive at all. They're super complicated and there are so many to go through. I appreciate the detail behind each one, but most of the times I just need to find a simple report and finding is seems more difficult than it needs to be.

Fellowship One is Robust, but dated.

Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Systems and Software Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, we tend to see a huge benefit to our ministries by using this software, but in the future, we'll be looking to something more updated if we don't see a progressional change for F1.

Vorteile: The amount of functionality for F1 is incredible. We use it in so many ways for our different ministries, from small groups, attendance for services/serving, to tithing/finances and sending mass emails to specific groups of people, it covers a ton of bases. I like that this is a discipleship based software tool. We have to put our hands on almost every part of an account to make sure that we're intentional with the data we record. The security when fully implemented for check-in systems on Sunday services is impeccable. We have really made an effort to improve our security within the past few years and you can dig deep by using jobs that are connected to specific check-in activities and only people with specific assignments can check-in. It's very dialed in.

Nachteile: The software, while being functionality-wise amazing and broad? It lacks an updated style for the UI, while also using some outdated ways to process what you need. While requiring a hands-on approach to discipleship by having to change every little detail on an account, this can be so tedious and cumbersome to other tasks you might have. The learning curve is also a bit hefty, for users who don't understand systems or pick up understanding quickly? It can be very confusing at first.

I heavily depended on the data captured in F1 to translate in the health of the organization.

Bewertet am 29.3.2018
Stephanie M.
Contribution Specialist
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Understanding the uniformity of data and the availability to easily access information in a quick moment provided great opportunity to easily connect with someone regarding their involvement or giving to the organization. The website was easy to navigate which also allowed for quick changes to be made on the spot regarding contact information.
Viewing check images was of great assistance to allow us to interact and support our contributors especially when it came to giving statement time.

Vorteile: FellowshipOne is an excellent tool for the church who is large enough and needing organization to their database as they grow. It compiles demographic and interactive information into one easy to view page. Contact information is organized in a section as well as all necessities for engagement within the organization in a separate section and all with a fluidity.
The visibility of contributors donations was a helpful tool. As contributors reach out with concern or questions regarding their giving, the ability to view a check image became crucial in matching gifts to specific individuals or clarifying information for the contributor. This was a highly valued tool.

Nachteile: Reporting in FellowshipOne is a challenge. Reports are difficult to find and navigating each sub filter to pull the information that you are seeking can be quite complex. It also does not allow you the options to build a report specific to the information you are needing while eliminating unnecessary information.

Poor customer support

Bewertet am 1.3.2017
Whitney S.
Media Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This company started out great and has gone downhill. In the past year, we spent months trying to get a response from the billing department on an issue. The woman who was assigned to our company did not respond in a timely manner and, when she did respond, gave us wrong information or did not answer the initial question. We even purchased wrong equipment because we were misinformed about what we needed. We also spent time leaving messages for our account rep, only to find out 3 weeks later that he no longer worked there and we had a new rep. We were not informed and our old rep's voicemail was still active. Our experience with F1 was very disappointing and we decided to leave. In order to cancel, you must give 60 days notice & pay 30% of each month left in your year, according to the contract. And, no matter when you turn in your cancellation paperwork, they don't run the cancellation until the end of the month. So, if your contract month begins on the 14th, you still have to pay because F1 runs the cancellation on the 31st, even if you turned it in at the beginning of the month. The only positive thing I can say is that F1 did let us out of our contract one month early, so we had a 30 day cancellation notice instead of 60. But, that was a small thing after so many months of problems.

Vorteile: The software is helpful and you can run reports from your database for many different needs. Check-in works well.

Nachteile: Customer support and especially the billing department caused us many problems. The software is expensive and the contract will nickel & dime you if you try to leave early. The software is expansive and a lot of setup & upkeep has to be done manually.

Good at lots of things, but not the best at anything

Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Micah O.
Groups Guy
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've moved away from F1 to Rock, and we couldn't be happier.

Vorteile: Excellent people-management system: the perfect church rolodex. Tracks finances well, handles basic check-in features, handles simple email communication, and has a very extensible reporting system.

Nachteile: Other than looking up people's contact info, it's not great at anything. You'll end up using third-party volunteer tracking (PCO integration would be a snap, but they won't do it), third-party finance partners (because their payment gateway is poor), third-party email clients (because their email system is poor), third party registration systems (because inFellowship is a nightmare from which you can never awake), and third-party groups sign-ups (ditto). This wouldn't be such a problem if the Fellowship One design team didn't refuse, as a matter of principle, to cleanly integrate with anyone who provides a competing product. Since almost any electronic service for churches is a competing product, that means F1 doesn't really integrate well with anyone.

Fellowship One

Bewertet am 21.11.2018
Evan G.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall a good system and good customer service that is helping our church stay organized.

Vorteile: The software offers our church a great way to access our database of people. It's fairly intuitive and can be used on a number of platforms, from iPads, to computers, to phones. They have been getting progressively better over the years at improving the software and working out the "bugs" on their check-in tools. All-in-all it's a pretty good app for housing our database of contacts.

Nachteile: The biggest issue that I have had is with the check-in software. The software seems to have trouble communicating to wireless printers when we are attempting to print labels for our Kids Ministry. It's very hit and miss on whether or not it will work (this is using the check-in app for iOS). I've spoken with Fellowship One over the phone to try and diagnose my issue or find out if other churches were using the same setup as us (iPad and Zebra ZQ510) and if they were experiencing any issues, but I didn't get very far.

Must have product for churches

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Amy C.
HR and Financial Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: One place to store all of our information that is necessary for manage a church.

Vorteile: Large database that can hold all the information you need about a church member. I like the features that let you add information about a member that can be specific. Also the important aspect of giving different people access to different portions of the system. Not everyone needs to see the financial information so that can be controlled by the rights you give each user. You can also control who can edit or add information. The phone app is useful but only give basic information.

Nachteile: Phone App would be more helpful if more information was available on a member. The report section is very tricky and difficult to use. I have had to call customer service on several occasions for help with setting up a report. On the plus side the customer service reps are helpful.

Good Totally out of the box ChMS solution

Bewertet am 10.2.2017
Frank G.
Web Operations Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used F1 for about 10 years. It's a great out of the box ChMS system that has a ton of different functionality. They will send a team out to help you implement the system, and they have built in support (the timeliness of resolution does leave something to be desired) and it really does do the majority of things a church would have a need to do. The downside for us was the lack of flexibility that some of the features had, and the lack of new features being released in a timely manner. The company has gone through a lot of change in the past few years, which has left a lot of customers feeling unsupported. While I would recommend a church taking a good look at F1, especially if they need something that can just be configured and run with, we decided to switch to a different system.

Vorteile: Out of the box solution that includes most every feature a church would need, including support.

Nachteile: Support hasn't been great, multiple changes in company ownership has left things feeling unstable.

Great product, even better staff!

Bewertet am 1.7.2011
Michael N.
Church Managment Systems Administrator

Kommentare: The team at Fellowship Technologies is top rate. They strive to make sure that each church is focusing on ministry and not on the administration of the product. I love what Fellowship One offers our church. A single centralized place for our church's data, the security of their child check-in system, the ease of online giving, integrated event registration and ease of their new Groups 2.0 online group finder and registration piece is fantastic. Fellowship Technologies continues to improve the their product with new offerings while working at improving their infrastructure, keeping the product strong and ready for future growth.

Vorteile: - Software as a service (SaaS) is the way to go for us. Our staff has 24/7 access to the data they need.
- One central location for our data means no more data silos for us. Everyone has access to up to date information.
- Very active user community shares tips and tricks with each other
- Great, secure, easy child check-in program
- Easy to use online giving
- Event registration integrates with our website
- Excellent small groups search and registration tool.
- Great teaching video library and documentation
- Best Practices documentation is very helpful
- Ever improving API integration

Nachteile: The report library can be tough to navigate because there are so many reports to pick from. This can make it tough to find the report you need when you need it. BUT, on the plus side, once you find the report you are looking for you can save it to a personal library and find it again easily. If you can't find the report you are looking for, the customer service team is very knowledgeable, the help information is good, and the online user base is very helpful.

von ACTIVE Network an 24.6.2014

Thanks for the review, Michael! We hope others find it helpful. It's our pleasure to serve Heartland Community Church. Please feel free to reach out to our customer service team with questions any time!

F1 Database Review after 2 years

Bewertet am 2.6.2010
Cecilia V.
Business Manager

Kommentare: 1. It would be nice to have a representative come visit us either just after implementation or 1 year after.
2. It would be nice if there were packages for the different sizes of churches. We are about 450 people attendance with 5 paid staff people. Our needs are much different than the 10,000 weekly attendance churches. We have to learn everything even if we aren't using it in order to figure out what we need to know. If there was a package for training and online that would be awesome.
3, Customize reports by type of religion, size of church and their requirements. We do perochial reports yearly, so there could be standardized reports for the episcopal church to meet this requirement.

Vorteile: 1. Has more functions than we would ever use, so we will never grow out of it.
2. Web hosted is great for us.
*we don't have to worry about mainting the software on our server.
*we can access it from anywhere we have internet.
3. Iphone Application is great for the priests.
4, Great for the parish to be able to see their information online.
5. Great for anyone to give money online.

Nachteile: 1. Haven't been able to get the staff onboard fully to use it as well as intended.
2. Sign ups don't work that well. People are choosing to use google groups or other ways to share files and calendars. Groups 2.0 may help here. I just signed us up for that.
3. It would be nice to have a representative come visit us either just after implementation or 1 year after.
4. It would be nice if there were packages for the different sizes of churches. We are about 450 people attendance with 5 paid staff people. Our needs are much different than the 10,000 weekly attendance churches. We have to learn everything even if we aren't using it in order to figure out what we need to know. If there was a package for training and online that would be awesome.
5. Too many reports.

Fellowship One Benefits are Limitless!

Bewertet am 29.6.2011
Katie S.
Ministry Software Coordinator

Kommentare: Before we began using Fellowship One, our church was comprised of many data silos. These silos were formed due to the inaccuracy and difficulty of use of our previous system. Fellowship One offered us a wonderful tool that was easy for our staff to use, and allowed us to break down the silos and put our data all in one area. Event Registrations and Check-In are utilized heavily here at CSPC. Through my discussions with other churches, this system is great for all sizes - from the start-up church plants to mega size churches. Fellowship One is a wonderful tool that helps churches do ministry better! The only true limitation of this system is in the users of the system or how a church utilizes it for their ministries.

Vorteile: -Much more than just a database
-Electronic check-in for any activity & secure check-in for children's events
-Email communication to anyone or any group in system
-Online registrations and online giving that ties to database records
-Ability to tag records to allow for easy searches later (spiritual gifts, first time visitors, etc.)
-Member portal (InFellowship) offers online church directory, groups interaction and searches, and profile editing.
-Easy background check processing through the system that also adds requirement to individual records.
-Vast reporting library as well as easy to use query function
-Top of the line customer support
-A company that actually listens and responds to customers' issues, requests and ideas
-Gives churches the tools to reach out and connect to their members in ways unheard of before.

Nachteile: -Contributions module lacking in area of audit trail (this is on their radar)
-Reports sometimes hard to find due to size of report library. This issue is being handled with the creation of core reports that combine numerous reports into one all-encompassing report.

Great Product! Can't wait to see what's next!!

Bewertet am 22.6.2010
Debbie D.
Fellowship One Coordinator

Kommentare: I have seen tremendous growth and improvement in Fellowship One over the past 4 years. The staff at Fellowship Tech are extremely hardworking and committed to meeting the needs of churches. Many go above and beyond and that is the "heart" of FT. I am excited about what is yet to come!

Vorteile: *The trainings are easy to understand and can be viewed over and over
*Addition of Best Practices and examples of processes is very helpful. Less of a learning curve when you have the benefit of other's experience.
*We can see who's attending (or no longer attending), who's serving, who's giving and how (if) they're growing spiritually.
*We can provide necessary follow-up care for our congregants based on information in their profile.
*We are using Groups 2.0 beta and it's amazing. We will be able to connect more people into groups than ever before. Can't imagine trying to do this using a spreadsheet!
*FT encourages customer suggestions and feedback. Beta testing opportunities give churches the ability to have a voice in product functionality.
*Yearly conference is a great way to learn, connect, and generate user enthusiasm.

Nachteile: *Finding reports takes time
*Merging duplicates from new accounts is tedious & takes many steps to complete.
*Would like to see more advanced trainings available online (i.e.: Adv activity set-up)
*I wasn't here for the implementation (2005) and have rated the implementation review based on staff feedback. The process has changed since then and I'm sure has improved but I'm giving honest feedback based on our experience.
*Ease-of-use is getting better but we would like F1 to be more intuitive especially for the non-tech pastors.
*F1 is not integrated with Planning Center and our worship team info is not consistently up-to-date.

I use Fellowship One at my church regularly for administration and people tracking.

Bewertet am 20.6.2017
Karl P.
Student Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Tracking and data that has been uploaded can be found and used when the right report is put in.

Vorteile: F1 is robust. It has many features and the ability to collect a lot of data. The reports are extensive if you can find the right one. Seeing information on a family can be simple if kept up to date.

Nachteile: F1 has fallen behind the times in terms of interface and ease of use. many of their reports are hard to find. The interface looks like windows 98 and their email tool is much too simple for the normal church today. Check in and tracking are its bread and butter and with a new ipad app it makes it much easier. If you are using anything other than the ipad its difficult to navigate. They need a major update on ease of us.

Unsatisfied

Bewertet am 3.11.2018
Data & Finance Mgr
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The online event registration and giving management were the most successful aspects of the software for our organization. There were other versions that came available besides what we were using, but due mainly to the extra cost and we remained in that version. Since our experience with support was not stellar we felt it would be better to switch companies that to change products within the Fellowship One offerings.

Vorteile: Online giving worked well and there are lots of built-in reports.

Nachteile: We found that the support was inadequate for our needs, with slower than desired response times. We are no longer F1 customers mainly for that reason. We also wanted more flexibility to add on to the functionality and found that the competition was ahead of F1.

F1 at The Village Church in Texas

Bewertet am 29.6.2011
J. scott A.
Technology Manager

Kommentare: As things stand right now with what is available today, if your church is looking for a very good, if not great, Church Management System Fellowship One is the system you want. The old adage, "You get what you pay for" applies with a SaaS product you are no longer supporting a server and software yourself or trying to develop something on your own. Having said that the company's "development to production agility" needs improvement as there are still things that need to be done on the congregation facing side of this system that hopefully will be taken care of in the very near future and make F1 one of the most complete systems available.

Vorteile: Excellent implementation team!
F1 software has delivered what they said it could deliver in response to our RFP.
Support is responsive.
Communication has been good. We have the benefit of many Active Network/Fellowship Tech employees attending and in membership at The Village.
No server or site to manage is great (obviously that is a big part of what we pay for)
Functionality is really good.
Access to the data via API is great and getting better with every new API realm.

Nachteile: Implementation Team could have been more assertive with some suggestions and less with others.
Though F1 has delivered it has not delivered at the level we had hoped for, specifically public facing via weblink where the UX has left a lot to be desired. The back-end functionality is great but the interface needs a makeover now.
Support though responsive has been dismissive with some of our requests and we have experienced some delays on what we consider a pretty serious request.

Powerful But Not Very User-Friendly

Bewertet am 8.4.2015
Gail E.
Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen
1.5/5

Vorteile: Fellowship One is a tremendously powerful tool that meets most of the needs we have for our church database. We are able to track an infinite number of details related to each person in the database. Recently, we began using F1 to allow our church members to search and find a small group, then sign up - all online. I am still learning all the ways we can use F1.

Nachteile: The most frustrating aspects of F1 are: 1) It doesn't have a mobile interface for online registrations - and online registration is a huge part of how we use F1. We have begun using a third party app that integrates with F1 so that our online registration process is mobile friendly. 2) F1 is not very user-friendly and they don't offer easy-to-find support. This is the most difficult aspect of the product.