After you understand this software inside out, it's such an awesome product.

Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Grace M.
Billing Specialist

Kommentare: I was able to do my job very quickly. It's hard to use at first, but I really loved using it after I understood it well. It's very organized as well. I wish I knew how to make software like this.

Vorteile: - Organized
- Flexible in types of reports you want to run
- Support team is great
- You can use it anywhere as long as you have Internet

Nachteile: - Some of the calculations were incorrect, so you have to make extra steps to make it work properly
- Some features, that made it very easy to use, like for rate increases, you need to buy them, otherwise it would take hours to find the residents that are up for a rate increase.

Serves its purpose for my field

Bewertet am 26.9.2018
Michael B.
Discharge planner
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good, serves its purpose, but would like to see an upgraded version, more user friendly with drop down menus.

Vorteile: I used this software while working as a discharge planner in a nursing home. It was easy in terms of documentation.

Nachteile: Some features are not available on the care planning option such as drop down menus. In addition, trying to get specific things narrowed down by category is not easy, or simply not possible on this version. Also, the services would drop more often than should be expected, causing inconvenience while trying to work.

MatrixCare has many great features but is not a super intuitive software

Bewertet am 20.5.2019
Kate P.
Director of Accounting
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mostly positive. We were with the former AOD that was purchased by MatrixCare. I think they are currently going through some growing pains.

Vorteile: It is a very robust software that has many features that we are continuing to learn.

Nachteile: For the accounting portion, the reporting section is lacking. I would also like for them to work on the print function. You have to select a printer before it will build a report....I would prefer to build the report and then get to choose where I would like for it to print.

after the sales pitch, very frustrating

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Lisa S.
HIM Coordinator
Gewerbeimmobilien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would not recommend this product to anyone. MatrixCare has taken our facility back 10 years. Normal daily functions are split because very little is able to be accomplished at a corporate level but have to be accomplished facility by facility (we have 7 facilities!!!), so many of our reports that need to be run week by week are taking us 7 times longer.

Vorteile: Very little...but I do have to say that their staff try really hard to fix problems. Unfortunately, most of whom I've spoken with do not have the rights to correct most of the issues that I call in for.

Nachteile: We are unable to customize to our needs, and if customization is needed, it will happen ONLY if other facilities request the same "customization". Getting and keeping users in the system is next to impossible with the built in requirements by MatrixCare. We have been working with their customer service for almost a year on 2 different problems we've experienced from the start, beginning this past Feb., still working on it. We were promised, not once but SEVERAL times during the sales pitch that updates would be 10-15 minutes and extremely unnoticeable...in less than a year our NOC shift has had over 50 HOURS of downtime because of all of the (4 HOUR) updates. Sometimes updates are run not once, but several times a month, each at 4 hours downtime.

Used Matrix for our customer billing provider. Does what it is supposed to do.

Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Andrew R.
Director of Business Intelligence

Vorteile: High availability of the software, minimal downtime for upgrades. They are always current on all medicaid rules / regulations.

Nachteile: System is not very easy to customize, and if you need a custom report, it is very expensive to have done. They will not let you self host their platform, which makes data access very difficult.

MatrixCare

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Client Services Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is our main software to manage cases. It is helpful in some ways but cumbersome in most ways.

Vorteile: All client's information is in one place. Able to filter by names and other categories to make things easier to find.

Nachteile: It is cumbersome to use. Not able to customize the view. Lots of error popups that are disruptive and unnecessary

Healthcare Documentation Review

Bewertet am 7.4.2019
CNA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In our line of work, which is healthcare, nurses do a lot of documentation, which is the legal way to do it, but due to the stress of trying to finish their documentation, they forget the real essence of nursing, which is patient care. Quality patient care is not provided when nurses have to worry about documentation and whether or not they will finish charting on time.

Vorteile: What I like most about MatrixCare is that you can just answer specific questions that are relevant to your line of work and you don't have to worry about the irrelevant questions. You just save your answers and your tasks are done!

Nachteile: What I do not like about this software is that they have to put a lot of questions in there instead of simplifying it --- although we do not have to answer all of them, I think it is a waste of time and effort putting them there in the first place.

A program with lots of potential

Bewertet am 26.2.2018
IT Technician
Gastgewerbe

Vorteile: The program is diverse and is implemented across our campus in various different areas such as nursing dietary and our deli.

Nachteile: The program could be polished a bit more for the end user. Sometimes problems become a bit complicated

I felt ok using this software.

Bewertet am 21.6.2018
Elizabeth K.
Nursing instructor
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No real benefits

Vorteile: The ability to upload patient pictures made it easier to identify them when giving medication. Especially fror those nurse who did not know the patients.

Nachteile: Difficult to locate what you needed to review. No easy way to pull up just the orders though when you did find them, the order sheets were very detailed.

We transitioned from one EHR to MatrixCare. The best transition I have experience in my career

Bewertet am 9.9.2015
Julie T.
Corporate Director of SNF Clinical Practice

Kommentare: The MatrixCare clinical software is very end user friendly and fairly simple to maintain. Good solid advice and foundational work in the clinical build was essential. The reporting capability far exceeds what other products offer in my experience. All MatrixCare staff from the Account Manager, to PM staff, Clinical Education staff and development staff are exceptional in customer service and knowledge of their software resulting in best practices and software design. I do hope that given development on the financial software that we can move to a totally integrated system some day in the future.

EMR system

Bewertet am 21.2.2019
Susan B.
chief compliance officer
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been with MatrixCare for some time now and are very happy with the product and especially the support.

Vorteile: The system is very easy to learn and teach to others. You can easily get to where you need to go without many different sections.

Nachteile: While the system is advanced in technology it lacks some ability to track and manage certain areas of the documentation.

Userfriendly!

Bewertet am 3.10.2018
Jennifer C.
Administrator
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Matrixcare is user friendly. Very easy to find what you need quickly.

Nachteile: There's not current ability to sign documents. I think this is coming, but would be helpful with agreements, ect.

User Friendly

Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Patricia N.
Nurse Practitioner
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Could enter and take off orders for nursing staff to see

Vorteile: Ease of Use-taught myself to use program in one afternoon

Nachteile: No specific program for nurse practitioner or Physician assistant

Overall Very Pleased

Bewertet am 5.12.2017
Stacy M.
Gewerbeimmobilien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Using this in a CCRC setting, I like the ability to transfer a profile from one level of care to the other.

Nachteile: Although a profile will transfer between levels of care, some documentation will not. It means you have to upload some things twice.

Not for anyone who needs financial reporting!!!!!!!!

Bewertet am 31.8.2016
Liz M.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Selected this product for an Assisted Living property. We were very excited to sign on for the product with its drill down capabilities etc but had nothing but problems with the financial reporting. Warning! Do not plan to use this for financials. Everyone was very nice until we said the product wouldn't work for us and were cancelling. Then it got ugly....

Vorteile: If you are a family owned business and don't need to provide good financial reports, this could be good system for you.

Nachteile: Reporting

Not for accountants

Bewertet am 27.9.2016
Liz M.

Kommentare: I have been implementing systems for 25 years - 10 years in Senior Housing. Tried this software with a client on the advice of others. I was concerned about the financials but thought I could work out the issues. I was wrong. Vendor won't release us from contract and we are stuck with a product that doesn't suit our customers needs. The Senior Living product is designed for a business that does not use accrual accounting or require GAAP reporting. The Senior Living product uses a batch process to update the General Ledger; there is no real time integration with the Matrixcare General Ledger product or drill down capabilities from the Financials. Even QuickBooks allows you to drill down to detail from the financials. I think most users expect this now and wouldn't even think to ask if the capability exists within a product that calls itself fully integrated. The General Ledger product is clumsy to use and fixing errors such as one sided journal entries (common because it allows posting of transaction debits & credits to different months) requires a call in to customer support to get the Daily Password.