Tailwind TMS Software

Tailwind TMS Software Bewertungen

von Tailwind Transportation Software

An awesome program that is a life saver for small freight brokerages!

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Jason D.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Kommentare: The software is awesome. It makes my life easier on a daily basis. Out of the many TMS softwares I reviewed, this one has almost every feature I was looking for and has an extremely affordable price.

Vorteile: I went through an extensive TMS review when starting my own freight brokerage. Having used several of the biggest names in TMS in the past, I was expecting them to lead the pack. After my evaluations were complete, I found that Tailwind had an extremely robust set of features that were all web-based at an affordable price. Being able to sign into the TMS system on any device with an internet connection has been a life saver while traveling. They have a great customer portal that allows customers to log in and see the status of their shipments live as they are updated, which saves a ton of time and makes communication easier. Customers have told me that our TMS is better than companies 100 times our size. In the rare event that the software is missing a feature that would be helpful, they listen and bring suggestions to their development team. Several of my suggestions have been rolled out as updates. Their customer service is top notch. They have an extensive knowledge database with articles and videos for almost every topic and a responsive customer service team that always answers questions quickly through their online chat or on the phone. Tailwind also offers weekly live training sessions that got us up and running in just a few days. In starting a new business, choosing Tailwind TMS was one of the best decisions I have made. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for a great TMS solution.

Nachteile: The only cons I can think of is that they don't have an iPhone app (but I am able to log in through the browser) and their sorting options for shipments in the system could be a little more robust. You can save what items are shown on different screens, but are unable to save a sorted view (i.e. always show the list in order of pick date).

Awesome software for the small to mid size operation

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Devon A.

Kommentare: none, They are fantastic

Vorteile: Super easy to learn and use. I I am the only one in the office and wear many different hats when it comes to running the company and this software put all the info i need at my fingertips. It is super easy to have an asset based operation and have a brokerage operation and run them on the same screen. It is also super easy to move a load from the one division to another as needed.

Nachteile: A maintenance module that tracks the service schedule of the equipment would be nice so it is in one package

Tailwind is great!

Bewertet am 20.6.2016
Pamela L.
Gen Mgr
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our initial experience with Tailwind was a little "rough". However, John and Kyle worked with us and saw us through our implementation problems. What I really like about Tailwind is the support. The support team is responsive and appropriately reactive. With respect to the program, it is organized and user friendly. We broker in our business and had tried some demos with other transportation management systems but they didn't fit as well as Tailwind has. Tailwind makes our work more efficient, there are fewer mistakes made as you only have to enter the data once and we can see the process through to billing. Tailwind has helped our business to grow and become more profitable.

Vorteile: Data only needs to be entered once
Fewer errors
Allows tracking of previous loads so you can look at history to help with the future loads

Nachteile: There are a few bugs we are ironing out.

Powerful Tool - And Slow

Bewertet am 14.1.2019
Scott O.
Owner/President
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lehmans terms could assist with training new people on the software.

Vorteile: It has a lot of bells and whistles which we find are useful, from payroll to Quickbooks integration. Support is responsive Monday - Friday.

Nachteile: Very slow, we used multiple browsers, Mac and Windows, in addition we have used several wifi points to ensure it was not our internet. We compared this TMS to some other online trials and these systems responded much better. Concern Tailwinds may be a thing of the past for us, we are a fast moving business and the product is becoming a thorn in our side.

von Tailwind Transportation Software an 18.1.2019

Hi Scott. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing slowness with your application. I see that some adjustments were made to your system a few days ago which hopefully should have helped. Regardless, we will be in touch to help rectify the problem.

Tailwinds rating review

Bewertet am 17.6.2016
John S.
Accountant
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We started with Tailwinds in 2013 and found that the software developed our internal system to where we could increase both dispatchers and accounting efficiencies. Working together with Tailwinds, we've increased our business significantly without any development problems with the volume increase.

Vorteile: It efficiency handles booking and costing of loads, has good credit capabilities built in for reference of potential credit issues, reporting is good with most being able for export to Excel if further analysis is needed, and the cost is reasonable for well working software.

Nachteile: Sorting capabilities should be based on more than one criteria. This would probably be an easy fix with TW software people.
Clients should get a workshop how to build report generators tailored to their business needs rather than requesting TW software team to built it.

Tailwinds is my office support staff

Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Larry F.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My company has made great advances because the software allowed me to have good record keeping and dispatches with information not having all the extra paperwork in files but only the backups. Efficiency of what this has allowed me to do by giving me the time. can do the work of 3 people

Vorteile: There are many features that make it the ease of taking little time for paperwork when doing dispatch and keeping track of loads. You will have information on Loads, Customers, Vendors at your fingertips There is a superb support staff that is there to help.

Nachteile: I have a hard time finding something i don't like Are there some that could improve? Yes and they have worked on them and made them 100%

Tailwind Review

Bewertet am 21.1.2019
Daniel T.
New Business Development Manager
Import und Export, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: great TMS , it can handle my loads very easy, is the only software that I know , than can handle an international load, taking a mexican carrier, with their own trailer number, involve a wharehouse , transload the product to a US carrier with a different trailer number , and give you the avaibility to track the load in one single order, not just that, it also provide indivual instructions and BL for each party, and receive the invoice for each carry involve so payments for each of them can be done with the proper administration, and for you customer can get togther all this job and send them just one invoice for the all service... this TMS is great

Vorteile: Is very flexible and you are able to creat the orders as you want

Nachteile: Traying to get automatic commsion payments for your personel can be tricky but once you get it done works great

von Tailwind Transportation Software an 22.1.2019

Thanks Daniel - we appreciate the feedback!

Excellent TMS

Bewertet am 23.6.2016
John T.
VP
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Tailwinds is very user friendly and has customizable features that can be done at the user level or through their support network.
Run into an issue? Just call or email their support team, responses are always quick and solutions just as good.

Vorteile: We are continuously utilizing more and more of the components of the software every day. TW can be as small or as large a part of your TMS system as you want it to be.

Customer Support is superb! They develop software targeting user feedback. Best service in my book!

Bewertet am 3.6.2017
Bob K.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a startup business I easily completed integration and worked efficiently from day one. The invoicing is very detailed collecting information from the normal workflow of dispatch to billing. Tailwind has developed a very powerful platform with customizable features for any size business. During integration their customer support via live chat that stays with you on each screen is amazing. It's as good as having an in house IT department in your office working on your system all day. Truly amazing customer support. The training videos allows you to continually go back and learn the basics. The way the system operates and the access to training videos, makes on boarding new employees a snap. They basically do it for you with all of the videos. Lynda is the dedicated trainer and she rocks!!!!

Vorteile: Dispatch and operation work flow. New order screen has all features on one page. This was created after listening to customer feedback. Their updates happen so fast following feedback, big thumbs up to the development team.

Helpful Pinterest Support

Bewertet am 7.4.2019
Ashley G.
Digital Marketing Manager
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Tailwind to populate Pinterest pins from website, blog, and social media content. It has been super helpful in tracking pins performance.

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to use- simple and worth the time put in for the results.

Nachteile: Having multiple team members operate our one account has ha some snags.

Robust trucking software that is pleasant to look at with great customer support

Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Daniel L.
Director of Operations
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Aesthetics was a huge consideration, and who ever designed this software had feng shui in mind, great to look at!

Vorteile: You will appreciate the customer support you receive with this software. Tailwind is easy enough to use and very pleasant to look at (which is important if you have to stare at this software for several hours a day). However, the true strength of this offering comes from the company's dedication to making sure that you understand how to use the software and get the most out of it. They have great training videos, and you can set up a personal training session. Everyone I have talked to there is super pleasant and eager to help. Other software companies just hand it to you and say, figure it out and let us know if you need anything. Not Tailwind. They generally want to make sure that the software is a good fit for you and will do back flips to make sure you get what you need. The tip about using multiple browser tabs with different pages of the software open to quickly move between sections, while obvious once you use it, was a great idea I didn't initially think of.

Nachteile: It's a bit expensive for a smaller company, but as you grow, they can be flexible with adding features/users for a discount.

User friendly and highly functional hosted TMS

Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Simon T.
General Manager / Owner
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was up and poking around the system within a day. Tailwinds set me up with live training webinars which gave me a good tour of the system functionality. There are more (free) in-depth webinars available which I haven’t taken yet, but the system is so intuitive and easy to use that I haven't felt the need to. Data is easy to export to work in spreadsheets. Forms are all there like invoices, bol, etc... Tech support is very responsive and easy with the the online chat and phone.

Vorteile: I was able to setup my new Freight brokerage business and be up and running with my first loads within a week of getting setup on Tailwinds.

Nachteile: I wish is was more customizable. Specifically the email forms from the system. Being able to customize email subject lines with data variables, etc..

Easy to use with excellence!! Sophisticated and very well designed!

Bewertet am 11.4.2017
Jay K.
Lead dispatcher
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: IN the past, I worked on different dispatch software, however, when I was introduced to TAILWIND, I fell in love with it. It is very user friendly, outstanding technical support, very well organized training with super friendly TAILWIND team, who are always there for you, whenever you need them...........TAILWIND rocks my transport dispatching world!

Vorteile: User friendly, excellent technical support, friendly team

Nachteile: Nothing I can think of right now

Tailwind

Bewertet am 9.3.2016
Kevin A.
Vice President

Kommentare: "There is no other way to go than being on a maintenance and support plan with Tailwind. I have noticed a huge improvement with the new Customer Success Platform that is being offered. Previously, we were not using the system to its full potential. Angelena reached out to us this year and ensured that we are receiving the attention we require. Specifically, as a Platinum customer I will receive a one on one session with the "awesome" Lynda Clare. I am confident that as a result of this intervention we will receive all the help we need to learn how to use the system comprehensively and to run reports that will further align my business needs with the Tailwind Software. If we have a technical problem your support team helps us immediately and our issues are resolved. I have enjoyed the stability of your support team; Mark, Sandy, Eg and Richard are all great at their jobs and walk us through to the answers we require. Working with Tailwind in 2016 will enable me to get my business to the next level of success."

Great Software Very User Friendly

Bewertet am 31.1.2017
Steve K.
Government freight manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Just got off the phone with rep and I wanted let everyone at Tailwind know how impressed we are with your system. This is the most user friendly and customizable software we have looked at. You are headed in the right direction because not everyone does it the same and you have created your software with that understanding in mind. Thanks for all the hard work and listening to our ideas and being able to make those ideas work.

Vorteile: They have simplified the settings to the point you can customize it to fit your business whether its asset based or brokerage or owner operators

Nachteile: I have not found anything i dont like they have addressed all our concerns and adjusted their software to fit us

The culture of Tailwind is quality and everyone is very knowledgeable, helpful and kind.

Bewertet am 10.8.2017
Natalia S.
Translator & Logistics Developer
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: All I need to make our business going : Database, Accounting & Administration, Equipment and Driver Management, Quotes and Orders, Alerts and Load Tracking & Reporting. Among many other operations. Thank you, Tailwind!

Vorteile: The fact that Tailwind is an "all in one application" helps us run the business more effectively and we have access to it from any device. The features are unique and the platform is constantly improving to fulfill every need.

Nachteile: I have a hard time coming up with something because if I do have an issue that needs to be resolved right away, I immediately have a solution from Tailwind's support system.

Overall, I would recommend this program to any dispatch in the industry.

Bewertet am 6.5.2009
Sarah R.
Dispatcher

Kommentare: Overall, I would recommend this program to any dispatch in the industry. It is a very user friendly system that provides all the necessary information to complete the required daily processes.

Vorteile: Tailwinds provides a clear board that uses a variety of colours and headings to make it easy to read and offers a great deal of information. The setup of the program is straightforward, allowing for smooth work processes. The error popups provide a clear explanation of the problem so you know where and how to correct the error. They also have excellent customer support services with representatives who are able to explain things in a manner that is easy to understand. Overall, it is very user friendly.

Nachteile: The warnings can cause an inconvienence when they continuously popup everytime something is resaved. In addition, refreshing the screen can take a great deal of time in the receivables section.

Very pleases with the classes and satified with Tailwind

Bewertet am 9.6.2016
Gretchen H.
Account Manger

Kommentare: The training classes were informative and Lynda thoroughly answered all of my questions. I am very new to the transportation industry - Lynda took the time to explain the terminology to me so I have a better understanding of the industry in general and my business specifically. The program is fairly easy to understand once you go to training and if you access Lynda to have a private session. The program absolutely saves me time by helping me to get organized with my tasks. I deal with the accounting side of the business and because Tailwind has a colour coding system in place, I am able to see what invoices are due ahead of time. I will be able to get my invoices in and out ON TIME. My staff in the Dispatch side of the business tell me that Tailwind has really helped them to do their jobs well. Lynda, has a very nice demeanour and voice so she is not only knowledgeable but also very easy to listen to. Gretchen Hayes, Reliable Source Logistics
Account Manager

We made the transition from a custom DOS program to Tailwind last year 2015

Bewertet am 3.2.2016
Roxanne L.
H/R Accounts Payable Clerk

Kommentare: Our old system was DOS based and when we upgraded our computers we needed to get a new Transportation Management System. After a year of using Tailwind, I feel like I understand how to use the system, I can get help when I have a problem and I have the ability to cross-train with my staff so the system is continually adapting to our evolving business needs.
In just 1 year Tailwind Support has grown and it shows. As a Platinum customer, when I call in with a technical issue, your support team answers the phone promptly and logs into my system to help me. They can see my screen, I love learning and your support team helps teach me how to tackle my software issues. Customer service is better than ever. I would recommend to all of your customers to choose a Platinum level Maintenance and Support Plan.

This software IS awesome!!

Bewertet am 13.5.2016
Jim L.
Operations Manager

Kommentare: We are a small company, it's just me, my emlpoyer and 5 drivers. We just received our authority two years ago. The old software we were using was very tedious and I never heard back from their support department when I needed help. With Tailwind I can punch in 5 dispatches in less than 15 minutes, it used to take me about an hour. I save a significant amount of time using Tailwind. The training is wonderful, I appreciate the Q&A classes and the structure that is available to learn how to use the system. Your trainer is quick to accommodate and can answer all of my questions. Tailwind's support department is incredible, I have a solution to a technical problem within 20minutes they have called me directly instead of sending me emails, making it easier for this old dog to learn new tricks

A little complex to learn

Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Gilberto O.
Key Account Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a good software to coordinate the freights once you learn how to use it.

Vorteile: That you can link it with your QuickBooks account.

Nachteile: It is very difficult to learn. It took me over a month to have a full understanding of it.

von Tailwind Transportation Software an 23.1.2019

Thanks Gilberto,

Regarding your comments on software complexity - please don't hesitate to reach out to us using the in-app chat with support for help as you need it. You can also attend our free LIVE training sessions that happen twice a week!

excellent. always there when we need them.

Bewertet am 20.11.2015
Jag N.

Kommentare: Jag Nahal Owner of Manney Transport:
Tailwind is a huge part of running our business and a necessary tool for all companies who handle varying types of loads. We specialize in local, flat bed, intermodal, and long haul loads, they are all different. Tailwind is easy to customize making it efficient for us to track our loads including the multiple picks and drops we need to follow. I know that dry van and reefer load tracking is just as strong within Tailwind. We also are able to track and complete all our accounting functions, which is invaluable and necessary for any company. I've never had a complaint with the ability, and availability to receive support when learning a new feature or adding to the vast capabilities of Tailwind.

Excellent

Bewertet am 16.5.2016
Kourtney H.

Kommentare: We needed a system to make confirmation sheets and were using pen and paper to run our business. I contacted Tailwind and had a demo with Lynda. We got our logins and watched two training videos on our own time. The program was super easy to learn on our own. It was extremely self-explanatory. It took me one month to learn how to use the system. I could have learned it in one week, but I was really busy at work. If I had a question, I got an answer from your support department and your trainer within 1-2 hours. Tailwind stayed in touch with me regularly. I never felt alone in learning how to use the system. Now our business is more organized and I can work from home when I need to.
Kourtney Haese
Seven Oaks Dairy

Useful, easy-to-use software and excellent customer support

Bewertet am 25.5.2016
Mitchie E.

Kommentare: The software is good for tracking shipments and for the visibility it provides for all of our employees. Anyone in the office can pull up the orders and dispatches and know exactly what is happening. We phone in to the support department to ask for help with invoicing and generating reports. I appreciate that they get back to us promptly, within the same business day, and that they have a great way to connect with us on an interpersonal level. The software is easy to learn and we know who to call to get our questions answered. The support department is great at explaining the system to us in plain language that we can understand. As our business grows we continue to learn about how the system can help us further.

Square peg in round hole

Bewertet am 13.7.2010
Edward G.
IT Analyst

Kommentare: Not recommended for anyone in the bulk transport business or with a high volume of shipments, or for anyone who wants something easy and intuitive.

Vorteile: SQL back-end, integration to Crystal Reports.

Nachteile: Well considering we have had the software for a YEAR and still haven't got it implemented because of a long series of workarounds and changes in direction, i would say this software's grasp exceeds it's reach. It has been a very frustrating experience and it does not suit the bulk trucking market well at all. The software is not well designed from a user interface point of view, or a database design point of view - it is incredibly slow even running on new hardware, and is very inflexible in terms of managing billing and payouts. Poor implementation across the board - looks nice on the surface but underneath it's ugly. They have packed it full of too many under-developed features that are very unfinished and rough-edged - they do not have enough development staff to support this product despite their best intentions, and it forces you to follow a very linear path to get anything done. VERY high maintenance and does not inspire confidence at any level.