Great Software for Pest Control Company!

Laura W.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software is fairly easy to use once you learn the basics. I really like that it's functions are customizable to meet the needs of the company using it. It's great for retaining customer information and keeping up with service history and future service needs.

Nachteile: I've used a different software that had a better plan for mapping and scheduling, but lacked greatly in other areas. Adding better routing and mapping functionality is available, but adding it costs more. I don't know if adding it will do what I would like. It would be nice to see all customers with service due this month on the map at the same time. This would allow better customization of the routes each month.

Even with minor bugs, I'd still recommend PestPac

Bewertet am 20.9.2016
Ramon T.
Department Administrator
Umweltdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I started working with PestPac via handheld only as a Pest Tech. Then I worked with it for 2 years as an administrative assistant. I transferred to a company that hired me as a Department Administrator. Dealing with PestPac at a management level and an employee level are 2 very separate things. Dealing with it as a technician I was only utilizing it's minor functions with limited access to what I can and cannot do. As an administrator, I have noticed I am utilizing it some of the reports every day. The reports could definitely use some work, but I understand it's a work in progress.

Vorteile: Customer service. Workwave has definitely got better customer service support than other software companies. I worked with PestPac before for about 2 years. After that I dealt with Workwave and had to help start another company up. Since working with them, I'm learning to adapt to the new technology and the customer service is great. I don't understand how people can complain because all I do is call them up or email them and I get a response usually within the day. If they can't solve a problem right away, they figure it out, and then call me back and teach me how to do it.

Nachteile: Only issue I'm really noticing is that with the old technology (Motorolla handheld devices), most of the routing on the handhelds seem easier because they can route their day on a map. But with the new iOS (iPhone 6) it seems like there isn't a map for them to work off of. Nor does it give them directions to another property. Other then that, I'd still recommend PestPac to small and large pest control companies.

Great tools and addition to any pest control company

Bewertet am 4.3.2019
Marsha K.
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In general, I LOVE pest pac. It has made our business so much better by using it. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for pest control software. There are so many tools and pieces to use and add it you want, it is GREAT!

Vorteile: Customer support is excellent! I can't ask for anything better! Anything that you are unsure about, you can ask questions and get quick answers. Anything you need... training and support, they are right there to schedule time to train and go over things that you may even have already been trained on but need a refresher. Questions of any kind or problems, support will help right away. This is SO nice and comforting to know when experience with other companies in the past is not at all like this generally.
Scheduling -Route OP and dynamic planner is good, especially if you have never used a scheduler for pest control, it is great. Reports are awesome!! You can run just about any report however you want...great details to help you watch over the business.

Nachteile: Some of the scheduling in Route OP and dynamic planner needs attention. There are a some things that make it not work as efficiently as it could. In general it is a pretty good software, I just wish some of the ways the scheduler works were corrected to make this work better. The goal for Route OP is to help make scheduling more efficient and when it takes a lot of work to make it most efficient, that doesn't make the most sense to me.

Using pestpac for 10+ years and I really like it.

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
Jessica S.
Administrative Assistant
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is extremely user friendly and does so much!

Vorteile: Pestpac is always looking to improve their system, they have updates and also have a seperate site that allows users to suggest ideas for future updates! We love that we can do everything in this 1 system. We have eliminated other software programs and fees and are able to ONLY use pestpac.

Nachteile: I wish there was a review screen when sending email notifications like the review screen when sending phone call notifications. Also, we would like the checkbox for calls and emails included in the appointment screen after clicking on an appointment. Also, we'd like to see a prepay option for customers in the customer portal.

Pest Control User

Gladys L.
Chemikalien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall PestPac is a good system when you get the hang of it, its user friendly and has different customizations available to you all though on occasions may hit some bumps I would recommend it.

Vorteile: Easy to use and ability to manage basics needs to manage our company and then some.

Nachteile: Changes regarding updates, sometimes these affect system or previous actions that were available to us because now they have been removed or changed.
Add ons, everything has to be added on with an additional charge and usually per user. It makes a difference in price to where you cant get the full benefits unless your paying way more when other products charge less for very similar or more services.

Dependable product and excellent customer service support!

Mary C.
Administrative Assistant
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very good experience with WorkWave PestPac overall.

Vorteile: The software is very reliable. We use this daily and it never fails. Very easy to create customized reports. E-mail and text notifications to customers for appointment notifications work extremely well. Customer service is very quick to respond to any problems or questions if needed. I highly recommend this product.

Nachteile: We tried the mobile app. What we did not like about it was that the technician could not look up customer histories of past jobs. The only thing available was the jobs listed for them to do, could not add a customer on the fly if needed. That had to be done on the administrative side at the office. The app did not suit our needs so I cancelled the mobile app service.

Capabilities Exceed Our Use

John E.
Operations Manager
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Just having a program that encompasses all our needs to track scheduling and history of services along with the ease of use is very beneficial.

Vorteile: Very intuitive, with a multitude of features. Tutorials are useful to train new office staff and software provides a vast array of information to store for customer database. Having our customer database stored securely off-site is a plus. The capabilities of the program far exceed what our company has utilize as of yet, this is a good thing to have more capabilities than less.

Nachteile: Having to purchase licences for each user. Some of the forms we print having to go on specific paper is a draw back.

Work smarter not harder..

Nancy K.
Business Development Manager
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The problems we are solving is the same as above. Scheduling appointments in a timely matter. It has solved the problem of doing it manually. My over all experience is positive with the exception of a few things I believe should be worked on.

Vorteile: the convenience of scheduling appointments and allowing our daily tasks to be at our finger tips and not done manually.

Nachteile: There are a few things I think they can do better on the scheduler. Being able to snap up or down time blocks like other appointments would be more convenient. Also printing out a customer renewal form is a lot more work than it should be, and we do this often. I think these things should be updated.

Could use some improvement

Bewertet am 25.10.2017
Haley G.
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Really great software overall, but it is on the pricy side.

Vorteile: The software makes it really easy to track the progress of work that is being done. When can easily keep track of how many pests are caught/sighted in hotel rooms, apartment units, or single family homes. You can also set up to automatically schedule follow ups, that way nothing gets missed or forgotten. They have good reporting features to keep track of things. When an apartment manager wants to see one progress on one specific unit, we can pull a report just on the one apartment, instead of giving them everything, so it's easier for the managers to distinguish and read the reports.

Nachteile: There is a task feature, so you can create tasks for yourself or others so you can schedule follow ups or check back in with clients. In the past, this has been very helpful, however, with the last update, they have changed the task feature. It still keeps all your tasks in one place, but it is much more difficult to navigate and you basically have to open up the task in one window and open separate windows to view customers accounts to see the history.

PestPac Review

Bewertet am 8.3.2019
Alison B.
New Accounts Manager
Umweltdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Once we discovered the List Management feature, it changed our world over here. Overall, we've had a great experience with Pest Pac. Its always being updated with new features and they take feedback really well.

Vorteile: Now that I've learned how to use it, Pest Pac is a great system. At first, I wasn't crazy about it because it was hard to learn. The new design really helps.
Once you figure everything the reports can show you, you can do pretty much anything. There are a few things that we have to rig up in the service orders because we don't want to pay anymore than we need to. I don't know the exact cost of what we pay, but I know its pretty high.
I've heard that the other "cheaper" companies don't have as many features and their customer service isn't as great.
Pest Pac does have amazing customer service. Every time I've called or email in, I get a quick answer to my questions. If the person isn't sure, they check on it, and call/email right back.

Nachteile: It was a bit hard to learn, and I'm not crazy about the blue color of it all but thats just little stuff. I have no actual complaints.

PestPac - Great software for independent pest control owners/operators!

Bewertet am 26.1.2018
Richard L.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I spend over 30 years in corporate management of the large, national pest control company before I left and bought 2 local pest companies. I can tell you PestPac is loaded with features that the larger companies would die to have! I went paperless 30 days after integrating all of my accounts into the system. Reduced the need for 1 office person/bookkeeper. Technicians love the app on their I-phone and can review the orders for the upcoming week/month. What I like best is the ability for techs to take pictures and embed in the work order to alert our customers what we have done for them during the service (removed a wasp nest, killed an ant mound, moved dog bowls, etc). Great overall software!

Nachteile: It is not really easy to learn and the only way to learn is by trial and error. The initial trainer assigned to my account was not very knowledgeable - so after I complained they assigned the best of the best and she was AWESOME!

Great Product - Must Have

Bewertet am 19.9.2016
Joseph B.
Route Coordinator
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Pestpac has been a great value to my company. I am able to access it from my desktop and mobile phone. With the Marathon Mobile app I no longer need to email each technician their route. They can view, update notes, and even upload photos and documents. Saving time and money.

Vorteile: It's software allows you to file several city and state mandatory reports seamlessly. Track technician activity to the minute and submit reports to customers instantly via email. It has saved me time and energy and provides customers more control of their account that I could have given them prior to using it.

Nachteile: I wish the community portal had more answers to the questions that are posted. If they did, this would significantly reduce if not eliminate many calls that come through the customer support line.

Just a little tweaking.

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Travis F.
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Customer service is awesome. Even when You have forgotten how to do something they always treat you with respect and explain everything as if you were first learning. There is a lot of information to use and to learn but it all comes in due time. Depending on how you operate will determine how much you actually use. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed but at the same time, glad it is available.

Vorteile: Able to use a mobile app with customers to process invoices, Paperless system, Saves time, stores important info/documents and security.

Nachteile: Work wave is making changes/updates but I feel there are still some changes/tweaking that need to change or be added to make things better.

von WorkWave an 20.9.2019

Hi Travis - Thanks for your feedback, we are so glad you have found success with our mobile app and support team!

Pest Pac Review

Bewertet am 4.3.2019
Sylvia F.
System Administrator
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have watched Pest Pac grow over the many years and see that their goal has always been to work for their customers. They have always made it possible to rewrite programs to serve the customer's needs. The customer service has always been willing to help and work on a project as soon as possible. They keep the customer posted on any updates when a problem does arise and get it solved with speed and efficiency. Always achieving the best results for the customer.

Vorteile: Pest Pac is easy to navigate and read. The updates come regular and if any problem occur they get right on it and get the issue fixed. They are achieving daily to make things better for everyone.

Nachteile: I really don't have any cons as I have been using Pest Pac since 2003 and it grows with your company. They are achieving daily to make things better for everyone.

Excellent Customer Service

Jessica S.
Office Manager/Owner
Personalwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really enjoy using PestPac. And my customers seem to like what they have to offer as well. Though we are a very small company, using PestPac makes us feel like we are a huge company. Every interaction I've had with staff has always been positive and everyone is very helpful.

Vorteile: -Amazing customer service, everyone is so great!
-Fantastic on boarding specialists to guide you through PestPacs program when you are first starting out.
-Constantly offering education and training

Nachteile: -Notifications- when giving out call notifications the system gives a very loud beep and I wish that would get fixed. I try to encourage most of my customers to let me text them their notifications instead so they don't have to listen to the beep.
-PestPac is located on the east coast, I'm on the west coast, so if I need customer support later in the day, I have to wait until the next work day. And they don't have customer support on weekends.
-Visual Route Manager- I want to like the VRM but I feel like it doesn't help me much with optimization. But I'm sure it's just my user error.

So glad we switched!

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Dara K.
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to use and to teach new employees - can lock them out of certain areas until they are ready. Also like the ease at which I can find info and pull data from the software. it's very organized and at your fingertips (using your keyboard of course). Love that so much in integrated with PestPac such as our GPS system. Looking at the phone system now - Voice for pest - VERY excited about that.

Nachteile: Can't think of anything at the moment. Sometimes I want to know more of how the Company and Printer setups effect things down the road and since we started with PestPac, haven't really had time to go back and take a look. Maybe a tune-up webinar would be helpful

RUN!!

Bewertet am 18.3.2019
David S.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I like that it saves a lot of time in having all services turn into a bill. We used to go off an excel sheet and then bill everyone in quickbooks. WIth the amount of customers we have today this would take days to do still.

Nachteile: They sale modules and lock you in that don't work (eg route op). Pestpac support staff has no clue what they are doing and aren't properly trained on their solutions. They tell you one thing and then you input the data and it screws everything up. The software is very flawed and anytime you submit a ticket you never get a response. I've been fighting with them for 3 months about a refund which now they are declining. If your considering this company, run!!

PestPac - How we feel after using for 3 years...

Jennifer S.
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Personally I love PestPac. It's frustrating at times, but I feel that I know what the software can and can't do. For example, the Dashboard just doesn't work for us. I want to know how many cancels I have per month - true cancels - but the Dashboard will tell me how many deletes, how many deactivates, etc. I just want to know my losses - so I have to pull separate reports that I put in Excel to create my own accurate dashboard. I feel comfortable using PestPac and know what it's limitations are - and I know how to compensate for them - However, the inability to bill monthly is killing us. If this is not something that PestPac can fix quickly I'm afraid we will be looking at switching software.

Vorteile: I like that I can do everything from send out estimates/leads to see my customer calls pop up on my screen, to hitting three buttons to run renewals. I like that I can get almost any data I need. I like that the customer support teams is very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. PestPac offers a single solution to run a pest control and lawn care business. I like the levels of permission as a manager that I can give to my staff. I LOVE the task feature and the call features. I love that lead management is integrated with the set up and I don't have to enter information twice. I love the service set-up report. I love the collections module and the way it helps me track customers that are over 120 days past due and is integrated directly with ARM.

Nachteile: The main reason we are even considering switching from PestPac is because I cannot bill on a subscription basis from the account. Meaning, if I set up 2 payment plans - because my customer has 2 different services with my company (ie. pest and lawn) that when on autobill it charges my customers twice. This is a nightmare!! We have lost customers because they don't understand why we can't give them one monthly price and bill them 1 time per month. I want PestPac to be able to look at the bill to account and allow me to set up a payment plan based on ALL their services - and then only charge the credit card once per month for ALL services. I've had to create a fake service called monthly billing to try and do just that- however this messes up ALl our numbers. It makes it look like we have way more revenue than we actually do. PestPac also has soooooo many different options that I never know exactly how to do something. It seems to take 50 steps to get something done. Reports never seems to give consistent data. I run a report for January numbers and it's different every time I run it. If you all would fix the bill to - it would be a no brainer and we would happily stay- even with the other set backs - but this is kind of a deal breaker for us.

Better than what is available from others, but technologically outdated user experience.

Bewertet am 23.2.2018
Lawrence D.
Admin

Kommentare: Better than alternatives, but average user experience overall.

Vorteile: We are a startup pest control company in California and have used PestPac for two years. It is web-based, so a totally familiar browser based experience. Good support form sales reps. Regular software updates. The company was founded as Marathon Data Systems, rebranded a few years ago as Workwave and was recently bought by a European investment group called IFS. The company serves a variety of field service companies including pest control.

Nachteile: >One of the most expensive solutions with relatively very high base rate and monthly per-user fees compared to similar alternatives.
>Outdated interface that significantly limits how quickly our staff can work with software. For example, there is no use of pre-fetching data, batch uploads, continuous backup, data validation, etc. Data moving between your computer and the AWS server has periods of noticeable lag even with high speed internet access. Data moving to and from your device and server are limited to one operation at a time.
>The parts of the software staff see are not intuitive and difficult to use. Although parts of the software see regular updates, these updates seem aimed mainly at larger accounts with more advanced customer relationship systems. The data entry screens, state forms, reports, etc., have not seen any meaningful updates in years.
> There are numerous bugs in the online system that have persisted the whole time we've used Pestpac. Some things are given attention, others never make it. Many of the support requests on their product forums remain unaddressed for months or years.
> The company seems to spread itself thin by focusing on on sales to several kinds of small field service based businesses. The quality of the user experience with PestPac is lacking, and probably similar to others' experience.

Learning curve much too steep; not able to print on plain paper

Bewertet am 10.9.2014
Richard S.
Verbraucherdienste
2.5 / 5

Vorteile: I do admit that chat support has always seemed helpful. I think with how complicated the program is to use, it's necessary.

Nachteile: I purchased the software for a startup company. I own a very large service company in another industry and was very familar with service industry software. I wanted a product that was specific for pest control because of the use reporting of chemicals. I also needed a program that would handle auto payments by credit card and checks. Pestpac does both of these,but it is too awkward to use. Every step, from putting in a new customer to scheduling a service time, took too much effort. The program has a back end that is run by lookup tables. Every aspect of the software has to be programmed through these lookup tables before the software can be used. For example, let's say you want to put a chemical in the lookup table. First, you do the basics, like name, epa number, active ingredient. Then you need to define how you want to report the ready-to-use amount. The problem is that you first have to go to another lookup table and define that a gallon is indeed a gallon. And need to do this for everything. If you put out rodent bait, you need to define a block as a block before you can add this product to your lookup table. After I spent 10 hours watching videos on how to set up some lookup tables, I tried to put a customer in the system. I had a customer that had a one-time service for indoor fleas. I put the info in and went to print an invoice, and it was just random information on a piece of paper. No lines, no format; just random info. I called PestPac to find out how to print a formatted invoice and was told that I need to purchase forms from them to do it. So what you need to do is purchase all the forms you may need from marathon. These would include service tickets, invoices, contracts, and billing statements. Then depending on the form you need to print just load that form in the printer each time you would need to print one. Sounds easy right? Does this make sense to you? I did get a call from Marathon Data Systems about this issue, and there is a workaround. They have a module for printing on plain paper, but it costs extra.

Pest Pac is Awesome

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Alegra S.
Office Clerk
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like the ease of use. If you are switching from another software it may seem overwhelming just because it has so many features. It is amazing when you get the hang of it.

Nachteile: There are many features and at first it is overwhelming.

von WorkWave an 26.7.2019

Thank you for the review, Alegra!

PestPac for the win

Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Donna P.
Accounts Receivable
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: PestPac has some great features and amazing customer service. Being able to get someone on the phone immediately for help is a big plus. We're definitely not going anywhere soon!

Vorteile: PestPac has some GREAT features. As the head of Accounts Receivable, PestPac's billing features make the program SO easy to use. Credit Card functionality is fast, easy and reliable. It makes creating invoices, sending invoices and emailing statements virtually seamless.

Nachteile: It would be great to see all stops for all technicians on ONE MAP. If we could somehow see them all on ONE MAP we would then be able to group stops for technicians without any overlap.

Work Wave

Tammy S.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been with WorkWave (PestPac) for about 15 years. It has worked very well for me and my company.

Vorteile: I love the fact that it takes care of the scheduling, accounting and storage of customer accounts.

Nachteile: I hate the new mapping program. Google maps worked so much better. When the transition was made....I lost my pins on my of my hard to find client's homes. I spent 2 hours yesterday on back roads trying to locate the property that should have been easy, since I had it pinned. I was not and am not happy for so much wasted time, gas and energy.

Honest Review

Umweltdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: PestPac is not terribly hard to use but it does take awhile to get used to. Most of the time when you call in for help you get a very friendly and knowledgeable rep who can walk you through how to do exactly what you need. Not always but most of the time.

Vorteile: What I like most about the software is that there are several different options for using it. We can route our techs with it, created service orders, take payment and more all in one place instead of using multiple different software applications.

Nachteile: What I like the least about the software is that every time they have an update it completely changes how other processes work.

I really like pest pac!

Bewertet am 18.9.2016
Dorothy F.
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used several pest routing software systems, and Pest Pac is by far the best. I love the fact that all users can access the information, and the tutorials are extremely helpful. The fact that I can utilize the tutorials when I need them, on my schedule, is awesome. I recommend pest pac all the time.

Vorteile: It is super easy to use. It has a lot of features in house, as well as mobile functionality out in the field too.

Nachteile: Sometimes I have to leave a message for their support team when I have a question, but they always get back with me normally by the end of the day.