WorkWave PestPac

WorkWave PestPac Bewertungen

von WorkWave

PestPac - Great software for independent pest control owners/operators!

Bewertet am 26.1.2018
Richard L.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I spend over 30 years in corporate management of the large, national pest control company before I left and bought 2 local pest companies. I can tell you PestPac is loaded with features that the larger companies would die to have! I went paperless 30 days after integrating all of my accounts into the system. Reduced the need for 1 office person/bookkeeper. Technicians love the app on their I-phone and can review the orders for the upcoming week/month. What I like best is the ability for techs to take pictures and embed in the work order to alert our customers what we have done for them during the service (removed a wasp nest, killed an ant mound, moved dog bowls, etc). Great overall software!

Nachteile: It is not really easy to learn and the only way to learn is by trial and error. The initial trainer assigned to my account was not very knowledgeable - so after I complained they assigned the best of the best and she was AWESOME!

Excellent Service Every Time

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Jennifer A.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It powers our business. I am so grateful to have found Pest Pac back when we started in 2002. It has made all the difference in our ability to provide the best customer service experience possible. They are the best company I have every worked with in terms of professionalism, friendliness, reliability, and quality of product.

Vorteile: It is easy to use and the customer. It is full of features and options which can make it complex at times, but this is a good thing and Customer Service is always available to help you learn and understand features as you are ready to use them or new ones become available.

Nachteile: I honestly can't think of anything. Any issues are quickly resolved and they are consistently working on improvements and listen to customer feedback.

von WorkWave an 23.12.2019

Hi Jennifer - Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Best Choice for Medium to Large Companies

Bewertet am 17.1.2020
Chris C.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I cannot recommend PestPac for small companies, as there is another cloud product that is superior. For medium to larger companies, PestPac is still the best choice.

Vorteile: PestPac has a LOT of features, and they're always adding more.

Nachteile: The interface is extremely dated, and not very user-friendly. Add-ons are often poorly integrated and take years to be properly updated for full functionality. The mobile timeclock for hourly employees is a good example; we still have to run reports from the old VRM interface, as PestPac proper is very limited for this kind of reporting.

von WorkWave an 24.1.2020

Hi Chris - Thanks for the the helpful review, we will be passing your feedback along to our wider team!

Great Software for Pest Control Company!

Laura W.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software is fairly easy to use once you learn the basics. I really like that it's functions are customizable to meet the needs of the company using it. It's great for retaining customer information and keeping up with service history and future service needs.

Nachteile: I've used a different software that had a better plan for mapping and scheduling, but lacked greatly in other areas. Adding better routing and mapping functionality is available, but adding it costs more. I don't know if adding it will do what I would like. It would be nice to see all customers with service due this month on the map at the same time. This would allow better customization of the routes each month.

von WorkWave an 10.1.2020

Hi Laura - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Better than what is available from others, but technologically outdated user experience.

Bewertet am 23.2.2018
Lawrence D.
Admin

Kommentare: Better than alternatives, but average user experience overall.

Vorteile: We are a startup pest control company in California and have used PestPac for two years. It is web-based, so a totally familiar browser based experience. Good support form sales reps. Regular software updates. The company was founded as Marathon Data Systems, rebranded a few years ago as Workwave and was recently bought by a European investment group called IFS. The company serves a variety of field service companies including pest control.

Nachteile: >One of the most expensive solutions with relatively very high base rate and monthly per-user fees compared to similar alternatives.
>Outdated interface that significantly limits how quickly our staff can work with software. For example, there is no use of pre-fetching data, batch uploads, continuous backup, data validation, etc. Data moving between your computer and the AWS server has periods of noticeable lag even with high speed internet access. Data moving to and from your device and server are limited to one operation at a time.
>The parts of the software staff see are not intuitive and difficult to use. Although parts of the software see regular updates, these updates seem aimed mainly at larger accounts with more advanced customer relationship systems. The data entry screens, state forms, reports, etc., have not seen any meaningful updates in years.
> There are numerous bugs in the online system that have persisted the whole time we've used Pestpac. Some things are given attention, others never make it. Many of the support requests on their product forums remain unaddressed for months or years.
> The company seems to spread itself thin by focusing on on sales to several kinds of small field service based businesses. The quality of the user experience with PestPac is lacking, and probably similar to others' experience.

After 15 years, I'm Still Happy with Choosing PestPac

Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Mary V.
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The folks at WorkWave have always been wonderful and polite. They've often gone out of their way to help me find a solution to how I want to use the system and will be clear when my requests are not obtainable. They believe in their product and appreciate suggestions that can help to advance the usability of the software. Since we're close in proximity to their home office, their Project Managers have gone into the field with our Technicians just to observe how we are using the software and how it can be improved.

Vorteile: The PestPac product is very expansive. It performs so many functions very well and integrates them within the system seamlessly. The routing and scheduling has created substantial efficiencies in our routes. Also, as extensive as the system is, it is not terribly difficult to use and understand. I appreciate that WorkWave is always making tweaks and modifications to improve performance and usability.

Nachteile: There is so many faucets to this software which is great, but sometimes overwhelming. You don't always know where to find the option change you are looking for, or if it exists. It's also difficult to know in advance how one set-up or change in selection will impact bill/work routing/reporting. Also, there isn't always help on a page, or the help is not helpful. I do think in the past that some new changes/enhancements to the software are not tested as thoroughly as they should be (perhaps to meet deadlines). My one big gripe is that I do not like it when our hands our tied with Vendor Partners and we are unable to pick our own partner, such as the credit card processing or phone integration. There is no doubt that there have been snafus over the past 15-years, and some of them rather big snafus. But I still do not think that there is another pest software that is as layered and expansive as PestPac.

von WorkWave an 23.12.2019

Hi Mary - Thank you so much for your review, we are glad to hear you are still finding success with our software after 15 years!

PestPac

Bewertet am 24.11.2019
Michael W.
Hausmeisterservice, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It's great that i have a system in place that handles all the daily paperwork that i go through each day. I am able to invoice, record materials used, how they were used , time of day they were used all the things that we used to write out are now done with a click on my smartphone.

Vorteile: The software allows me to present my customers with great field reports. It is great for billing. It is well thought out for the pest control industry .

Nachteile: I have had some issues with my field printer and software communicating. This was resolved with a nice work around and i have had no issues in the last year.

von WorkWave an 6.1.2020

Hi Michael - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and really appreciate the valuable feedback.

It is an okay service.

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Ramon T.
Director of Operations
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: From a business stand point, it's tricky because not a lot of pest oriented programs provide this service, but the platform just feels very antiquated. There is plenty of room to grow, just would like to see it grow faster because in 7-8 years, it doesn't seem like much has changed. It's pretty much what I remember it to be.

Vorteile: I like how I can set up a recurring service.

Nachteile: That is product is not at all easy to customize, the level of difficulty it is to get it customized with support, and the ease of use. You are constantly clicking around and having to go back to the beginning if you can't find what you were looking for.

von WorkWave an 9.1.2020

Hi Ramon - Thank you for the review of PestPac. We are happy to hear that you like how you can set up recurring services but are sorry to hear about your frustrations involving ease of use. We will pass this valuable feedback to our product team!

PestPac Review

Bewertet am 8.3.2019
Alison B.
New Accounts Manager
Umweltdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Once we discovered the List Management feature, it changed our world over here. Overall, we've had a great experience with Pest Pac. Its always being updated with new features and they take feedback really well.

Vorteile: Now that I've learned how to use it, Pest Pac is a great system. At first, I wasn't crazy about it because it was hard to learn. The new design really helps.
Once you figure everything the reports can show you, you can do pretty much anything. There are a few things that we have to rig up in the service orders because we don't want to pay anymore than we need to. I don't know the exact cost of what we pay, but I know its pretty high.
I've heard that the other "cheaper" companies don't have as many features and their customer service isn't as great.
Pest Pac does have amazing customer service. Every time I've called or email in, I get a quick answer to my questions. If the person isn't sure, they check on it, and call/email right back.

Nachteile: It was a bit hard to learn, and I'm not crazy about the blue color of it all but thats just little stuff. I have no actual complaints.

Modules on top of modules

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Shannon R.
Marketing Coordinator
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My company has used PestPac since 1997 (before it was PestPac) though I've only used it for 3 and a half years. My entire experience as a PestPac user has been sorely dismal, dismaying, and disheartening. During this time we've had extensive issues with technician schedules missing stops (even refreshing the mobile app every day), customer communications randomly stopping, a serious lack of reports to determine top revenue-generating Bill-tos, and more. Due to the huge amount of data PestPac stores (and our data goes way back), Service Setups are often popluated with phantom arrival times and PestPac support seems unable to tell from where the data is coming and therefore can do nothing to fix it. The software is module-based, which means you pay extra for every little module, and modules don't always get along with the base platform and other modules without an extensive amount of setup work (and even then it's likely to go awry). Their support is very slow to repond to inquiries (like weeks), though if you need to add a license or inquire about adding on a module, sales gets back to you within the hour. At one point, we tried to use their Route Optimizer, only to find out 8 months into "onboarding" that our scheduling process won't even work with Route Ops. We were never able to even implement one day of Route Ops, but we were still charged for every month past our 3 months of onboarding time. It's unfortunate there is little else out there.

Vorteile: I like that there is huge potential for an all-encompassing pest control business software including dispatch, route optimization, fleet tracking, technician reviews, CRM, email marketing, Executive Dashboard, etc.

Nachteile: Pretty much everything, but mostly the fact that technician schedules are sometimes missing stops, and checkboxes associated with customer communications and reports are often unchecked randomly so customers suddenly stop receiving their Invoices and Inspection Reports.

von WorkWave an 10.1.2020

Hi Shannon - Thanks for the review, and we are sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with PestPac. We will be passing this feedback along to our product team!

Great tools and addition to any pest control company

Bewertet am 4.3.2019
Marsha K.
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In general, I LOVE pest pac. It has made our business so much better by using it. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for pest control software. There are so many tools and pieces to use and add it you want, it is GREAT!

Vorteile: Customer support is excellent! I can't ask for anything better! Anything that you are unsure about, you can ask questions and get quick answers. Anything you need... training and support, they are right there to schedule time to train and go over things that you may even have already been trained on but need a refresher. Questions of any kind or problems, support will help right away. This is SO nice and comforting to know when experience with other companies in the past is not at all like this generally.
Scheduling -Route OP and dynamic planner is good, especially if you have never used a scheduler for pest control, it is great. Reports are awesome!! You can run just about any report however you want...great details to help you watch over the business.

Nachteile: Some of the scheduling in Route OP and dynamic planner needs attention. There are a some things that make it not work as efficiently as it could. In general it is a pretty good software, I just wish some of the ways the scheduler works were corrected to make this work better. The goal for Route OP is to help make scheduling more efficient and when it takes a lot of work to make it most efficient, that doesn't make the most sense to me.

Using pestpac for 10+ years and I really like it.

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
Jessica S.
Administrative Assistant
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is extremely user friendly and does so much!

Vorteile: Pestpac is always looking to improve their system, they have updates and also have a seperate site that allows users to suggest ideas for future updates! We love that we can do everything in this 1 system. We have eliminated other software programs and fees and are able to ONLY use pestpac.

Nachteile: I wish there was a review screen when sending email notifications like the review screen when sending phone call notifications. Also, we would like the checkbox for calls and emails included in the appointment screen after clicking on an appointment. Also, we'd like to see a prepay option for customers in the customer portal.

von WorkWave an 9.1.2020

Hi Jessica - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Pest Control User

Gladys L.
Chemikalien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall PestPac is a good system when you get the hang of it, its user friendly and has different customizations available to you all though on occasions may hit some bumps I would recommend it.

Vorteile: Easy to use and ability to manage basics needs to manage our company and then some.

Nachteile: Changes regarding updates, sometimes these affect system or previous actions that were available to us because now they have been removed or changed.
Add ons, everything has to be added on with an additional charge and usually per user. It makes a difference in price to where you cant get the full benefits unless your paying way more when other products charge less for very similar or more services.

von WorkWave an 10.1.2020

Hi Gladys - Thank you for the review! We are glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Dependable product and excellent customer service support!

Mary C.
Administrative Assistant
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very good experience with WorkWave PestPac overall.

Vorteile: The software is very reliable. We use this daily and it never fails. Very easy to create customized reports. E-mail and text notifications to customers for appointment notifications work extremely well. Customer service is very quick to respond to any problems or questions if needed. I highly recommend this product.

Nachteile: We tried the mobile app. What we did not like about it was that the technician could not look up customer histories of past jobs. The only thing available was the jobs listed for them to do, could not add a customer on the fly if needed. That had to be done on the administrative side at the office. The app did not suit our needs so I cancelled the mobile app service.

von WorkWave an 10.1.2020

Hi Mary - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Work smarter not harder..

Nancy K.
Business Development Manager
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The problems we are solving is the same as above. Scheduling appointments in a timely matter. It has solved the problem of doing it manually. My over all experience is positive with the exception of a few things I believe should be worked on.

Vorteile: the convenience of scheduling appointments and allowing our daily tasks to be at our finger tips and not done manually.

Nachteile: There are a few things I think they can do better on the scheduler. Being able to snap up or down time blocks like other appointments would be more convenient. Also printing out a customer renewal form is a lot more work than it should be, and we do this often. I think these things should be updated.

von WorkWave an 7.12.2019

Hi Nancy - Thanks for the positive review and the helpful feedback! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and will be sharing your feedback with our team.

Capabilities Exceed Our Use

John E.
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Just having a program that encompasses all our needs to track scheduling and history of services along with the ease of use is very beneficial.

Vorteile: Very intuitive, with a multitude of features. Tutorials are useful to train new office staff and software provides a vast array of information to store for customer database. Having our customer database stored securely off-site is a plus. The capabilities of the program far exceed what our company has utilize as of yet, this is a good thing to have more capabilities than less.

Nachteile: Having to purchase licences for each user. Some of the forms we print having to go on specific paper is a draw back.

von WorkWave an 9.1.2020

Hi John - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software!

To PestPac or Not

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
June J.
Bookkeeper
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Love the accountability for money in this program. We briefly switched to another software and it was 6 months of sheer terror trying to get sound, solid numbers out of the other software. With PestPac you know that your numbers are solid.
Schedulers also love that the appointments do not auto move after auto calls have gone out.

Nachteile: This software is a little more rigid (not live) than some softwares on the market, but to have sound accounting numbers being live is not all that it is cracked up to be. It is a little pricey, but again the functionality is consistent in the program.

von WorkWave an 9.1.2020

Hi June - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Great Product - Must Have

Bewertet am 19.9.2016
Joseph B.
Route Coordinator
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Pestpac has been a great value to my company. I am able to access it from my desktop and mobile phone. With the Marathon Mobile app I no longer need to email each technician their route. They can view, update notes, and even upload photos and documents. Saving time and money.

Vorteile: It's software allows you to file several city and state mandatory reports seamlessly. Track technician activity to the minute and submit reports to customers instantly via email. It has saved me time and energy and provides customers more control of their account that I could have given them prior to using it.

Nachteile: I wish the community portal had more answers to the questions that are posted. If they did, this would significantly reduce if not eliminate many calls that come through the customer support line.

Just a little tweaking.

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Travis F.
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Customer service is awesome. Even when You have forgotten how to do something they always treat you with respect and explain everything as if you were first learning. There is a lot of information to use and to learn but it all comes in due time. Depending on how you operate will determine how much you actually use. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed but at the same time, glad it is available.

Vorteile: Able to use a mobile app with customers to process invoices, Paperless system, Saves time, stores important info/documents and security.

Nachteile: Work wave is making changes/updates but I feel there are still some changes/tweaking that need to change or be added to make things better.

von WorkWave an 20.9.2019

Hi Travis - Thanks for your feedback, we are so glad you have found success with our mobile app and support team!

pestpac

Bewertet am 15.11.2019
Zachary B.
manager
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been a benefit for our business

Vorteile: Being able to organize everything and route more efficiently

Nachteile: It has been difficult to get a hold of someone outside of regular business hours and even when you do it can still take a few days to resolve some problems.

von WorkWave an 9.1.2020

Hi Zachary - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software. However, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the speed to resolve problems, we will pass this valuable feedback to our team.

Review

Tom V.
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it has been a good experience.

Vorteile: It is designed specifically for pest control applications and is pretty comprehensive.

Nachteile: If any issues come up that the regular customer support reps cannot handle and they have to send it to engineering or technical support you can be assured that if you get an answer at all it will be weeks or months later. In addition, there is a substantial amount of time it takes to train new employees on how to navigate the software proficiently.

von WorkWave an 9.1.2020

Hi Tom - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software. However, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with slow resolutions, we will pass this valuable feedback to our team.

Pest Pac Review

Bewertet am 4.3.2019
Sylvia F.
System Administrator
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have watched Pest Pac grow over the many years and see that their goal has always been to work for their customers. They have always made it possible to rewrite programs to serve the customer's needs. The customer service has always been willing to help and work on a project as soon as possible. They keep the customer posted on any updates when a problem does arise and get it solved with speed and efficiency. Always achieving the best results for the customer.

Vorteile: Pest Pac is easy to navigate and read. The updates come regular and if any problem occur they get right on it and get the issue fixed. They are achieving daily to make things better for everyone.

Nachteile: I really don't have any cons as I have been using Pest Pac since 2003 and it grows with your company. They are achieving daily to make things better for everyone.

Easy for every day use but tricky to access the extras.

Joshua S.
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it is great software. The change over to WorkWave Payments has been rocky to say the least. Several accounts did not update or Credit Card numbers were lost causing huge delays in our billing and customer dissatisfaction. I feel it is a bit expensive at 4% and I think that should have been made clear upfront.

Vorteile: Easy to get started on, basic functions are very user friendly.

Nachteile: It is difficult to figure out and then "remember" how to do out of the norm tasks like run certain reports, add users, adjust settings and identify the different functions available.

von WorkWave an 9.1.2020

Hi Joshua - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software. However, we are sorry to hear that you had issues with Payments, we will pass this valuable feedback to our team. Have a great day!

Excellent

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Guy T.
General Manager
Umweltdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Over the last few years we have grown and this software has been instrumental in doing so.
we haven't even scratched the surface as far as what its capable of.
There are components we still need to grown into.

Vorteile: Ease of use.
Common sense applications.
Room to grow into as our company grows.
EXCELLENT tech and customer support

Nachteile: It seem to crash the android phones when taking pictures.
id like to see the app on my end have more features.
Id like the techs to be able to lock appointments.
We use the WDO module, but wish we could do service agreements in app

von WorkWave an 6.1.2020

Hi Guy - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Work Wave

Tammy S.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been with WorkWave (PestPac) for about 15 years. It has worked very well for me and my company.

Vorteile: I love the fact that it takes care of the scheduling, accounting and storage of customer accounts.

Nachteile: I hate the new mapping program. Google maps worked so much better. When the transition was made....I lost my pins on my of my hard to find client's homes. I spent 2 hours yesterday on back roads trying to locate the property that should have been easy, since I had it pinned. I was not and am not happy for so much wasted time, gas and energy.

von WorkWave an 9.1.2020

Hi Tammy - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.