Über Caterease

Eine Catering- und Event-Planungssoftware mit über 50.000 Nutzern. Caterease ist laut Hersteller die ideale Lösung für dein Unternehmen.

Erfahre mehr über Caterease

Bewertungen zu Caterease

Caterease hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 103 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Caterease bereits verwendet?

Mary-Louise
Mary-Louise
General Manager in Kanada

Enhance your Inhouse System by using Caterease

Kommentare: Software has enabled me to double my business without adding extra support staff. It forces me to answer questions about my events ahead of time so when the event date arrives, I am fully prepared.

Well thought out! Software can be customized to do just about anything. It is easy to use - learning curve is approximately 6 weeks to become very comfortable with it. A myriad of reports to choose from and customize. Absolutely the best customer service of any software I've purchased. Very quick and clear response time, Questions are answered within a day. Phone and email support unrivaled. Developer is willing to work with End user.

1. Mouse scroll! I use this program at least 6 hours/day; finding those hiding scroll bars and scrolling is continually frustrating and annoying, especially when the detail grids are expanded. The program looks like Outlook and acts like Outlook with the exception of this feature. 2. Recommendation for data entry: In some places 'tab' gets you to the next column, and in some places it's 'down/up' arrow. Often frustrating to remember which to use. It's a waste of time to use your mouse when the 'tab' would do. I would recommend that this feature be streamlined so it's always either 'tab' or 'arrow' key (mouse still available, of course).

Antwort von Caterease

Mary-Louise - thank you for the wonderful review. I just wanted to tell you that you can disable the hidden scrollbar feature in your local preferences window. So sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused you.

Melissa
Office Manager in USA

The name says it all! Caterease has put the Ease into our Catering Operations

Kommentare: One of the biggest benefits to Caterease is all there integrations. From credit card processing with Vantiv to event staff scheduling and communication with Nowsta to EASY, STRESS FREE online ordering setup through Zuppler, Caterease has centralized multiple outside operations of our catering company into one place. This alone has cut our time it takes to prepare, schedule and collect payment for every event we create in half, if not more. Caterease has boosted our business operations and continues to help in our growth on a daily basis.

The customization of EVERY ASPECT of Caterease is one of the reasons why we love it so much. Everything can be made to suit your individual businesses needs. You can use their basic templates for prints such as contracts, receipts, billing statements and more or create your own with whatever information you would like. Every single bit of information can be displayed or removed from prints. Anything!! You can even customize your screen views. We have 6 different users linked to our Caterease and each users desktop/window views are customized down to the theme color. We have 2 divisions to our catering company, one is rather simple and the other is very complex. We have one user set up for the simple division and have cut out 80% of the features Caterease offers from that users display because we do not use them with that division so now, those features that we use for the complex catering side don't clutter up or confuse our simple home meal delivery user. The reports and query features are amazing. You can pull a report or query for literally any piece of information the you want. Want a query of all events that had more than 20 peoples worth of rice pilaf in the month of June 2 years ago, its one click away with Caterease. I've been in the catering business for 10+ years and Caterease is hands down the best Catering Software out there if you want to make things your own and customized to your business. I could go on for days about why I love Caterease!

Because it is so big and customizable, it does take a while to set up. You can come into it new and work off templates and be just fine but if you want to really take advantage of all the great features Caterease has, be ready to spend some time setting it up. Although it may take some time to setup, once you do, you are all set! With the endless video tutorials and help center articles, you have everything you will need to set things up your way.

Mark
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Outdated and not worth the money

Kommentare: I found over my two years with Caterease, the very tool I purchased had become more of a chore than a tool. Nothing about the application made my job easier. I spent more time inputting ingredients, menus, recipes, events, emails, and clients than I'd ever like to admit, and at the end of two years nothing ingredients didn't calculate on menus correctly, menus didn't calculate recipes correctly, and all of their templates for emails/prints/reports look like garbage.

Not much, really. Other than than storing contacts, there was not a single facet in Caterease that made the system easy to use for the end user what-so-ever. I would have been better off tracking events, ingredients, and inventory in Google Sheets for free instead of paying $1800 a year for Caterease.

From the top: Logging in and lack of mobile availability: From a PC, you have to log into a citrix client before accessing your application. You can have the fastest PC on the planet and still have to rely on the speed of their Citrix server to get anything done (which isn't the best.) There is also a VERY bare-bones mobile "companion" app that is almost useless. You cannot add clients or events, adjust the calendar, etc. The only thing you can do is view your current calendar and contact list. And to make it worse, it doesn't store your password AND they have a forced password reset EVERY TWO WEEKS. The application itself: It's very dated and not user friendly. What should take minutes takes upwards of an hour. Want to copy and paste inside the app? That's going to cost you $600 more a year for the "professional" version. Yes, you cannot copy, duplicate, or paste an event without paying for premium service. I already was paying $1800 a year, that's an insane markup for basic functionality. Everything looks like it was made in the Windows 98 era, and hasn't been updated since. Reporting: Reporting is a joke. Very limited, very complicated, and overall useless. Again, unless you pay more! Printing and emailing: Because the application runs through Citrix, printing is very complicated (even worse with wireless printing). Emails, you can create emails directly from Caterease, but it's a gamble if the email sends the caterease-generated attachment.

Antwort von Caterease

Unfortunately, there is a lot of inaccuracy in this post. First, Caterease utilizes the most current Windows technology. While this customer might not like Windows in general, a quick look at any video on our website shows that program screens perfectly reflect Windows 10 design. More importantly, there is no truth to the description here of features: passwords are controlled by the user and NEVER reset; copying is indeed included and offers more options than any other program; reporting is robust and the most substantial in the industry; printing and emailing are seamless. Obviously, in his frustration with Windows this customer just assumed facts that are not true. Please visit our website or contact our team to see the real program in action. We have only 1000 words to reply here, but a 5 minute webinar can demonstrate that all of these assertions are categorically false. We hope you'll see for yourself.

Todd
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very Powerful, can do a lot, but too much for my needs

Kommentare: Caterease kept all of my work schedule running smoothly, it was a bit of a pain for inventory tracking but it can be done.

Caterease has a ton of options and easy to get information out of it as long as you are a subscriber. The Subscription is pretty steep but if you are doing 6 and 7 figures in sales it is worth it. I am a small shop it was too much for what i needed.

The Price is too steep for my shop. I have found other software providers but there are some short comings i have to deal with.

Maxwell
Retail & Catering Supervisor in USA
Essen & Trinken, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Caterease in College Food Service

Kommentare: Caterease has been worthwhile for our business, as it has streamlined our catering department. It is the bedrock of our operation, and I cannot imagine what our department would do without this software. It's a game-changer.

Caterease makes it so easy to communicate to our kitchen what is needed and separate items in the menu by cooks/salad/bakery workers. The order form that is populated is easy to read, and is consistent for everyone in our department to easily understand what is needed and who needs to do it.

Caterease could use an autosave feature, as well as the ability to recognize trends and offer changes to the user based on the trends.

Niklaus
Niklaus
Human Resources Manager in USA

Caterease is powerful and there's a lot to it.

The sheer amount of features with Caterease is astounding. There is so much it can do from scheduling and pricing events to inputting menu items, and much more! The integrated tutorials are helpful.

The interface isn't as intuitive as I would like. It seems like it's in need of a facelift. I feel like we maybe use 20% of all the features we're able to use.

Antwort von Caterease

Niklaus, Thank you for your comments about our program. We pride ourselves in the robust collection of features we offer to satisfy the needs of any catering and event planning operation. We also deliberately design our program to mirror the functionality of the most common Office applications ¿ to keep the learning curve small. From our records, it seems you are using a version of Caterease that is many years old. There is no charge at all for your company to update ¿ and take advantage of new design options as well as a host of powerful new features! I think you will really like the look and feel of this latest version, which reflects the modern design of other Windows 10 applications. Feel free to contact our help desk today and anyone there will be able to assist you.

Marie
Marie
Event Planner in USA
Eventservice

Caterease is customizable and easy to use on the go!

How customizable it is! We were really able to take the software and use it how it best suited and helped our company. And each of our Sales Team can customize their screens and views to how it best suits their day-to-day needs. The Caterease team constantly provides updates and strives to better fit everyone's needs. We recently switched to the web-based server and it makes a huge difference for our Sales Team.

As with any software, there are bugs/glitches, etc. but the support teams works quick to fix them and update the software with changes.

Danielle
Danielle
Event Coordinator in USA
Restaurants, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Caterease in Event Planning

Kommentare: Overall, Caterease is a blessing in the event planning industry. From detailed client reports, to custom event prints, it truly covers all the bases and helps things to run more smoothly!

I like the fact that you can practically customize your Caterease; meaning you can easily add, subtract, and adjust drop-down menu options, event prints, and filters. It helps in making it more user-friendly according to my specific restaurant. Caterease also keeps me organized and helps me to avoid making costly mistakes such as double-booking or forgetting a menu item. I also enjoy it being directly linked to my email, to promptly send clients necessary documents.

I feel that the Caterease program tends to be a lot to look at and can get overwhelming if you do not know how to use it to its fullest potential. There are many tips and tricks you might not know about without reading through the large user's manual or getting proper training.

Elise
Elise
Special Events & Catering Manager in USA

The Caterease software is easy to use and perfect for our needs at Indian Ridge Country Club.

Kommentare: The ability to clearly communicate while standardizing information that is distributed to a number of departments within our country club.

Ease of use. I also appreciated the responsiveness of the sales team when our Club requested to update from outdated version to current version 18.

I am pleased with the software, which I use daily. If I could make one change, I wish all the fields allowed us to change font style and size.

Kara
Kara
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good, but hard to setup

Kommentare: I know this is the best software out there for me at this point, but I just wish it was a little better.

There are so many layers to this program, it can do so many different things... CRM, email templates, invoicing, etc. The setup process is very time-consuming and difficult at times... but the guys at the help desk are typically VERY helpful! Thanks!

The training through the setup process. The software is a big investment and there is not a great place to watch videos from start to finish on getting everything setup. There are videos, but they are not comprehensive for the VERY beginner... For instance, I really wasn't even sure how to launch the program the first time I wanted to work on it! The other thing is that it is pretty buggy on macs. I have A LOT of time waiting between windows, etc.

sarah
cafe manager in USA
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Not User Friendly

Kommentare: It helps to create a proposal to send to the client for the bagged lunches we sell and to create a kitchen detail that gives them the quantities and information they need to make the food.

There is not really that I like much about this software. I think that there are some benefits for our catering sales team (some kind of link between staffing/labor and the software or other features for ease of use) but they generally do not apply to the way I use the software. I normally use it at least once a month but I am not as familiar as them with the ins and outs. It does make a decent looking proposal to send to the client and creating it on my end is simple.

It is not intuitive at all. The buttons are in weird place and very small with tiny little icons. It opens so many windows at a time just to complete a simple task and in general with everything you do there are so many steps involved. Within the windows there are more windows with little scroll bars everywhere and everything is cut off unless you enlarge the window and it just gets confusing and messy. You have to save everything you do along the way so if you accidentally close out one of your 5 windows you loose your work. Even starting the program takes about 6 different steps. Every screen just looks really outdated and isn't user friendly. It is not easy to search for events. You can't put in the actual date. You just have to click next week or next month so if your company has lots of events you will be scrolling for awhile. Creating your event details menu lines is also annoying. If you don't put them in exactly the order you want the first time dragging and moving them later is much harder than you would think.

Antwort von Caterease

We wanted to contact you, but cannot find any company or user with the name you have listed. Please contact us and we can absolutely help you out. Screen displays and tool bars can be customized by each company using the program. If you are experiencing scrollbars, etc., someone on your team likely redesigned screens in a way that doesn't suit you. This can be changed and locked down. Caterease also DOES NOT make you save things along the way. We are renowned in the industry for how we handle multi-tasking. Contact us with examples and we can help! You are also able to search by a specific date and drag/drop menu items (and other details!). We also offer customizable wizard tools that even make the entire event-booking process three simple steps. Candidly, after reading your post and not being able to find your company in our records, I was almost wondering you were talking about be a completely different program! Please contact us and we can transform your experience!

Kimberly
Catering Sales Manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Caterease

The email capabilities and the customer service.

That you do not have access to the historical date after you discontinue service.

Antwort von Caterease

Kimberly, Thank you for your kind words about our hard-working support team! I'm sorry you seem to have had trouble learning the program. As you know, in addition to free support we have several online and live training options available to help ensure our customers are comfortable. I'll admit I am very surprised to see you did not view Caterease as extraordinary when it comes to features and functionality. We are renowned for our incredible feature set - which far surpasses any other software in the industry. I imagine your opinion here is connected to your comfort level with the program - which is completely understandable. Of course, we are always sorry when any customer discontinues service. Nonetheless, we go out of our way to make this transition easier for customers - even extending access for a period of time. Of course, as with any subscription service, we obviously cannot continue to provide access indefinitely - as I'm sure you can understand.

Kris
catering coordinator in USA

Caterease is easy to use and set up. For our daily use it provides most of the needed functions.

Online login function and can be used anywhere. Easy to copy multiple events, but pricing doesn't always copy. Query funtions for reports, finance and daily events.

When updates are made it takes too long to work out the kinks and get our individual set ups back to our settings. Would like better ways to compare year to year financials.

Antwort von Caterease

Kris, Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, some settings need to be reset during major updates - otherwise, you will not see some of the new features. We do try to keep this to a minimum and notify customers ahead of time. Also, try the "Yearly Sales Comparison" report. It offers a flexible way to compare year to year financials. Thanks again for your review.

Jr
President in USA

Very easy to use and great support and training available!

Ease of use, dependability, easy training, fast support, extensive thought put in to each aspect of program.

On site training is very expensive. However, we have found the website and support desk can help us through most questions and training for free.

Antwort von Caterease

Thanks Jr for your kind words. Just to let you know, we have many different options besides onsite training - many of which are free. Give us a call and we'd be happy to go over all of them with you and your team.

Kelly
owner in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Caterease has quite a bit of experience with catering software. Unfortunately, it can be challenging

Kommentare: If everything is working perfectly, bids are much easier to write.

We like that Caterease is can be almost endlessly customized. This becomes overwhelming at times. It seems like it works best for hotel and banquet facilities.

The customer service is often rough. There seems to be an attitude that everything is always user error. It might be, but we would like to hear a little more concern when we call in.

Hospitality manager in Simbabwe
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Incredibly amazing software!

Kommentare: Its an incredibly effective product,makes creating and managing events and processes so easy!!!

I love how it's easy to check and track payments also it's great for using even with a number of users at the same time!!

Not much to dislike,only wish it could be possible to also including payments in the software instead of using a different platform.

Kathryn
Sales Director in USA
Restaurants, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

We switched from Caterese due to ease of use

Kommentare: Customer service is great, but they need to update their software and make it easier to work with clients. When you're doing private event business the ease of use and less steps is very important.

In the beginning I enjoyed how the software made it simple to work with the client to process contracts. Customer service was always knowledgeable and responsive. Our clients also seemed to have an ease of use as well.

I felt that the software could do more and offer more compatibility with our websites and clients. We ended up switching to Gather because they have a lot more options in producing documents, having clients digitally sign and provide payment and it integrates with a lot of other software. Caterase lacks in those departments and we needed something that provided less steps for the vendor and the client.

Monica
HR Administrator in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

HR's perspective

Kommentare: Caterers is the hub of the business. All staff have access to the platform and use it to improve communication. Can't do business without Caterease!

I use Catereasr daily to add and archive staff, verify schedules and presence, pulling reports and communicating with all team members at the same time. Caterers is easy to use, intuitive and customer service is superior!

More customized views, staff information options

Brent
Director of Operations in USA
Eventservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Effective Management Tool

Kommentare: CataerEase is an all in one tool to manage every part of your business.

The ability to manage all aspects of an organization through one tool is a valuable feature that sets CaterEase apart from the rest.

Learning curve to get started was a bit more than I expected but through trial and error, training and provided resources, I was up and running in no time.

Al
Office Manager in USA

Nice App

Caterease helped with keeping me organized and efficient. It was easy to search clients, message them, and set up Proposals.

It would be better if I could link my payroll to the app for a seamless transition.

Donn Inge
Quelle: GetApp

I have used their web-based software for 3 years

Kommentare: I agree with Jamie, I have no idea how anyone could have a negative experience with Caterease. I’ve used their web-based software for 3 years and this is after spending about 2 years evaluating every catering software on the market. I can clearly state that Caterease is by far the best one out there and the easiest to use. It’s also incredibly fast. I can generate a contract in literally a fraction of a second. You do have to have a normal internet connection to use the software. Dial up speed is not adequate in this day and age. Also, everyone I have ever spoken to at Caterease have been wonderful to deal with – and I’ve talked to at least 10 different people at the company so far.

everyone I have ever spoken to at Caterease have been wonderful to deal with

Nigel
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Caterease is a vital part of our catering operation

Kommentare: We love the fact that we have all of our event information under one tool with the ability to generate so many different reports from the kitchen to our front of house teams. The professional display and consistent look and feel of the quotes we produce from Caterease gives us the edge over our competitors and the flexibility of the print design tools means we can customize to our individual customer requirements. The support of the Caterease help desk is also fantastic. When your business is so reliant on a program like this it is vital the back up support is quick and efficient. This is certainly the case with the Caterease support team - they always respond quickly with prudent advice or a solution to meet our requirements.

Robin
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

We are so pleased with Caterease

Kommentare: We did a lot of research, more than 10 years ago, to find the best program to suit our needs and 10 years later, we haven't been sorry for a moment. Caterease was easy to set-up way back then and today, continues to be easy to use and navigate. The help desk couldn't be better - they have even take our "wish lists" over the years and incorporated them in program updates. Software life does not get much better than that! We could not be more pleased with options within the program to customize forms and if I just have to have it the way I want to see it, Caterease is willing to create custom forms to make me happy.

Mai
Managing Director in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Caterease Use and Implementation

Kommentare: Overall, my experience was positive. It does have many capabilities. However, we were ready for a change.

It was fairly easy to use from a brand new user standpoint. Our back of house staff liked it for recipe and menu complilation.

Sometimes it began to feel clunky and antiquated.

The perfect catering software

Kommentare: Caterease programming is well put together and streamlined for the functionality of day to day operations. Although the instructional videos cover every aspect and come across as intimidating, the support desk is always available for help and guidance and pleased to be there to assist. They all take the time to explain and instruct by utilizing a support link to share screens so they can control the mouse and teach the proper steps while you are sitting at your desk. It's a virtual private lesson!