Über Caterease

Eine Catering- und Event-Planungssoftware mit über 50.000 Nutzern. Caterease ist laut Hersteller die ideale Lösung für dein Unternehmen.

Erfahre mehr über Caterease

Bewertungen zu Caterease

Caterease hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 103 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Caterease bereits verwendet?

Mary-Louise
Mary-Louise
General Manager in Kanada
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Enhance your Inhouse System by using Caterease

Kommentare: Software has enabled me to double my business without adding extra support staff. It forces me to answer questions about my events ahead of time so when the event date arrives, I am fully prepared.

Well thought out! Software can be customized to do just about anything. It is easy to use - learning curve is approximately 6 weeks to become very comfortable with it. A myriad of reports to choose from and customize. Absolutely the best customer service of any software I've purchased. Very quick and clear response time, Questions are answered within a day. Phone and email support unrivaled. Developer is willing to work with End user.

1. Mouse scroll! I use this program at least 6 hours/day; finding those hiding scroll bars and scrolling is continually frustrating and annoying, especially when the detail grids are expanded. The program looks like Outlook and acts like Outlook with the exception of this feature. 2. Recommendation for data entry: In some places 'tab' gets you to the next column, and in some places it's 'down/up' arrow. Often frustrating to remember which to use. It's a waste of time to use your mouse when the 'tab' would do. I would recommend that this feature be streamlined so it's always either 'tab' or 'arrow' key (mouse still available, of course).

Antwort von Caterease

Mary-Louise - thank you for the wonderful review. I just wanted to tell you that you can disable the hidden scrollbar feature in your local preferences window. So sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused you.

Melissa
Office Manager in USA
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The name says it all! Caterease has put the Ease into our Catering Operations

Kommentare: One of the biggest benefits to Caterease is all there integrations. From credit card processing with Vantiv to event staff scheduling and communication with Nowsta to EASY, STRESS FREE online ordering setup through Zuppler, Caterease has centralized multiple outside operations of our catering company into one place. This alone has cut our time it takes to prepare, schedule and collect payment for every event we create in half, if not more. Caterease has boosted our business operations and continues to help in our growth on a daily basis.

The customization of EVERY ASPECT of Caterease is one of the reasons why we love it so much. Everything can be made to suit your individual businesses needs. You can use their basic templates for prints such as contracts, receipts, billing statements and more or create your own with whatever information you would like. Every single bit of information can be displayed or removed from prints. Anything!! You can even customize your screen views. We have 6 different users linked to our Caterease and each users desktop/window views are customized down to the theme color. We have 2 divisions to our catering company, one is rather simple and the other is very complex. We have one user set up for the simple division and have cut out 80% of the features Caterease offers from that users display because we do not use them with that division so now, those features that we use for the complex catering side don't clutter up or confuse our simple home meal delivery user. The reports and query features are amazing. You can pull a report or query for literally any piece of information the you want. Want a query of all events that had more than 20 peoples worth of rice pilaf in the month of June 2 years ago, its one click away with Caterease. I've been in the catering business for 10+ years and Caterease is hands down the best Catering Software out there if you want to make things your own and customized to your business. I could go on for days about why I love Caterease!

Because it is so big and customizable, it does take a while to set up. You can come into it new and work off templates and be just fine but if you want to really take advantage of all the great features Caterease has, be ready to spend some time setting it up. Although it may take some time to setup, once you do, you are all set! With the endless video tutorials and help center articles, you have everything you will need to set things up your way.

Alexander
Executive Chef in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Cheap for the program but you get what you pay for

2,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Worst customer service experience I have worked with in regard to fixing the issues we had. As a customer service company who handles clients everyday this program was to be utilized to help that process. In turn it didnt do much of that at all and was an antiquated system that required a connection server that made issues arise everyday. It impeded days of business where i couldn't retrieve my BEOs because the citrix system was down or inoperable. When i would call or email I would generally get sent to more than one individual to try and solve the problem. Functions of the program that where said to integrate, did not and when asked when they would be live again they told me "we're working on it" and it still hasn't been resolved to my knowledge. Even for the money the program is basically a days worth of formula tracking away from being an excel spreadsheet

The ease of understanding of the windows based screens and exec function of the program

Customer service, the third party integrations, the antequated system boot

vor 4 Wochen

We are very sorry to hear that you had issues with our program. Our senior management team has reached out to your company directly but has not heard back. Our records indicate that you had some problems with password resets. While these can sometimes be tricky, we have recently implemented multi-factor authentication into the program which eliminates the need for password resets at entirely. Additionally, we see that you experienced a problem when Google updated their integration platform and broke our interface with their calendar tool. That has been addressed as well and is no longer an issue. We regret that these issues kept you from experiencing the scope and power of Caterease and would be happy to work with you to help you explore the full potential of this program. Kind Regards, Chris K. VP of Corporate Sales

Todd
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very Powerful, can do a lot, but too much for my needs

Kommentare: Caterease kept all of my work schedule running smoothly, it was a bit of a pain for inventory tracking but it can be done.

Caterease has a ton of options and easy to get information out of it as long as you are a subscriber. The Subscription is pretty steep but if you are doing 6 and 7 figures in sales it is worth it. I am a small shop it was too much for what i needed.

The Price is too steep for my shop. I have found other software providers but there are some short comings i have to deal with.

Maxwell
Retail & Catering Supervisor in USA
Essen & Trinken, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Caterease in College Food Service

Kommentare: Caterease has been worthwhile for our business, as it has streamlined our catering department. It is the bedrock of our operation, and I cannot imagine what our department would do without this software. It's a game-changer.

Caterease makes it so easy to communicate to our kitchen what is needed and separate items in the menu by cooks/salad/bakery workers. The order form that is populated is easy to read, and is consistent for everyone in our department to easily understand what is needed and who needs to do it.

Caterease could use an autosave feature, as well as the ability to recognize trends and offer changes to the user based on the trends.

Niklaus
Niklaus
Human Resources Manager in USA

Caterease is powerful and there's a lot to it.

The sheer amount of features with Caterease is astounding. There is so much it can do from scheduling and pricing events to inputting menu items, and much more! The integrated tutorials are helpful.

The interface isn't as intuitive as I would like. It seems like it's in need of a facelift. I feel like we maybe use 20% of all the features we're able to use.

Antwort von Caterease

Niklaus, Thank you for your comments about our program. We pride ourselves in the robust collection of features we offer to satisfy the needs of any catering and event planning operation. We also deliberately design our program to mirror the functionality of the most common Office applications ¿ to keep the learning curve small. From our records, it seems you are using a version of Caterease that is many years old. There is no charge at all for your company to update ¿ and take advantage of new design options as well as a host of powerful new features! I think you will really like the look and feel of this latest version, which reflects the modern design of other Windows 10 applications. Feel free to contact our help desk today and anyone there will be able to assist you.

Marie
Marie
Event Planner in USA
Eventservice

Caterease is customizable and easy to use on the go!

How customizable it is! We were really able to take the software and use it how it best suited and helped our company. And each of our Sales Team can customize their screens and views to how it best suits their day-to-day needs. The Caterease team constantly provides updates and strives to better fit everyone's needs. We recently switched to the web-based server and it makes a huge difference for our Sales Team.

As with any software, there are bugs/glitches, etc. but the support teams works quick to fix them and update the software with changes.

Danielle
Danielle
Event Coordinator in USA
Restaurants, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Caterease in Event Planning

Kommentare: Overall, Caterease is a blessing in the event planning industry. From detailed client reports, to custom event prints, it truly covers all the bases and helps things to run more smoothly!

I like the fact that you can practically customize your Caterease; meaning you can easily add, subtract, and adjust drop-down menu options, event prints, and filters. It helps in making it more user-friendly according to my specific restaurant. Caterease also keeps me organized and helps me to avoid making costly mistakes such as double-booking or forgetting a menu item. I also enjoy it being directly linked to my email, to promptly send clients necessary documents.

I feel that the Caterease program tends to be a lot to look at and can get overwhelming if you do not know how to use it to its fullest potential. There are many tips and tricks you might not know about without reading through the large user's manual or getting proper training.

Elise
Elise
Special Events & Catering Manager in USA

The Caterease software is easy to use and perfect for our needs at Indian Ridge Country Club.

Kommentare: The ability to clearly communicate while standardizing information that is distributed to a number of departments within our country club.

Ease of use. I also appreciated the responsiveness of the sales team when our Club requested to update from outdated version to current version 18.

I am pleased with the software, which I use daily. If I could make one change, I wish all the fields allowed us to change font style and size.

Mai
Managing Director in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Caterease Use and Implementation

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, my experience was positive. It does have many capabilities. However, we were ready for a change.

It was fairly easy to use from a brand new user standpoint. Our back of house staff liked it for recipe and menu complilation.

Sometimes it began to feel clunky and antiquated.

sarah
cafe manager in USA
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Not User Friendly

Kommentare: It helps to create a proposal to send to the client for the bagged lunches we sell and to create a kitchen detail that gives them the quantities and information they need to make the food.

There is not really that I like much about this software. I think that there are some benefits for our catering sales team (some kind of link between staffing/labor and the software or other features for ease of use) but they generally do not apply to the way I use the software. I normally use it at least once a month but I am not as familiar as them with the ins and outs. It does make a decent looking proposal to send to the client and creating it on my end is simple.

It is not intuitive at all. The buttons are in weird place and very small with tiny little icons. It opens so many windows at a time just to complete a simple task and in general with everything you do there are so many steps involved. Within the windows there are more windows with little scroll bars everywhere and everything is cut off unless you enlarge the window and it just gets confusing and messy. You have to save everything you do along the way so if you accidentally close out one of your 5 windows you loose your work. Even starting the program takes about 6 different steps. Every screen just looks really outdated and isn't user friendly. It is not easy to search for events. You can't put in the actual date. You just have to click next week or next month so if your company has lots of events you will be scrolling for awhile. Creating your event details menu lines is also annoying. If you don't put them in exactly the order you want the first time dragging and moving them later is much harder than you would think.

Antwort von Caterease

We wanted to contact you, but cannot find any company or user with the name you have listed. Please contact us and we can absolutely help you out. Screen displays and tool bars can be customized by each company using the program. If you are experiencing scrollbars, etc., someone on your team likely redesigned screens in a way that doesn't suit you. This can be changed and locked down. Caterease also DOES NOT make you save things along the way. We are renowned in the industry for how we handle multi-tasking. Contact us with examples and we can help! You are also able to search by a specific date and drag/drop menu items (and other details!). We also offer customizable wizard tools that even make the entire event-booking process three simple steps. Candidly, after reading your post and not being able to find your company in our records, I was almost wondering you were talking about be a completely different program! Please contact us and we can transform your experience!

Kimberly
Catering Sales Manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Caterease

The email capabilities and the customer service.

That you do not have access to the historical date after you discontinue service.

Antwort von Caterease

Kimberly, Thank you for your kind words about our hard-working support team! I'm sorry you seem to have had trouble learning the program. As you know, in addition to free support we have several online and live training options available to help ensure our customers are comfortable. I'll admit I am very surprised to see you did not view Caterease as extraordinary when it comes to features and functionality. We are renowned for our incredible feature set - which far surpasses any other software in the industry. I imagine your opinion here is connected to your comfort level with the program - which is completely understandable. Of course, we are always sorry when any customer discontinues service. Nonetheless, we go out of our way to make this transition easier for customers - even extending access for a period of time. Of course, as with any subscription service, we obviously cannot continue to provide access indefinitely - as I'm sure you can understand.

Kris
catering coordinator in USA

Caterease is easy to use and set up. For our daily use it provides most of the needed functions.

Online login function and can be used anywhere. Easy to copy multiple events, but pricing doesn't always copy. Query funtions for reports, finance and daily events.

When updates are made it takes too long to work out the kinks and get our individual set ups back to our settings. Would like better ways to compare year to year financials.

Antwort von Caterease

Kris, Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, some settings need to be reset during major updates - otherwise, you will not see some of the new features. We do try to keep this to a minimum and notify customers ahead of time. Also, try the "Yearly Sales Comparison" report. It offers a flexible way to compare year to year financials. Thanks again for your review.

Jr
President in USA

Very easy to use and great support and training available!

Ease of use, dependability, easy training, fast support, extensive thought put in to each aspect of program.

On site training is very expensive. However, we have found the website and support desk can help us through most questions and training for free.

Antwort von Caterease

Thanks Jr for your kind words. Just to let you know, we have many different options besides onsite training - many of which are free. Give us a call and we'd be happy to go over all of them with you and your team.

Kelly
owner in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Caterease has quite a bit of experience with catering software. Unfortunately, it can be challenging

Kommentare: If everything is working perfectly, bids are much easier to write.

We like that Caterease is can be almost endlessly customized. This becomes overwhelming at times. It seems like it works best for hotel and banquet facilities.

The customer service is often rough. There seems to be an attitude that everything is always user error. It might be, but we would like to hear a little more concern when we call in.

Hospitality manager in Simbabwe
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Incredibly amazing software!

Kommentare: Its an incredibly effective product,makes creating and managing events and processes so easy!!!

I love how it's easy to check and track payments also it's great for using even with a number of users at the same time!!

Not much to dislike,only wish it could be possible to also including payments in the software instead of using a different platform.

Greta
Human Resources in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

tracking the data

Kommentare: I can track what menus a customer chose, help anticipate what we may need in future.

I like being able to easily track the events - venues, menus, counts, dates, it's all there. I like that I can export the data as needed in other documents, etc. I like that it's uniform in presentation.

There is a lot of different potential ways to use the data, and I sometimes forget the path to some of the information I need; I need to keep a resource book to remember how to do some things that I don't need to do often.

Taylor
Administrative Assistant in Kanada
Eventservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great User Interface

It was easy to use but was customizable to our needs

Some features weren't super intuitive and took many steps to get what we needed

Jay
Director in Kanada
Essen & Trinken, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Very happy

Kommentare: I am impressed, not only with the program but your customer service. The program is everything I could have hoped for and continually saves me time and money, also your customer service is impeccable!!

Its user friendliness and ease of access

Unless you get the whole package, you miss out on some benefits

Stewart
Stewart
General Manager in USA
Eventservice, 201–500 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp
Justin
Director of Operations in USA
Restaurants, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great features, but a major learning curve

Kommentare: The program will work for us and help achieve our goals, but it takes far more work to get the framework in place than we anticipated.

The system is very robust and offers a tremendous amount of personalization. I love the incorporation of our menus and various options to streamline the process.

The system boasts windows like usability. This is an exaggeration - it takes a ton of building the framework and learning the processes. Very complicated.

Donn
Chairman, Board of Directors in

Best in the Industry

Kommentare: Having numerous restaurants and a few catering companies under our realm, a few years back we started the quest for a software that encompasses all our needs for both types of businesses. In researching our options for what seems eternity the clear choice at the end was Caterease. The ease of the options is pretty amazing. With so many options within the software one would think it would be mind boggling, hats off to the programmers and code writers at Caterease for making the ease of use a priority. I must also mention the upgrades which we subscribe to are very in depth and well thought out as well as having a top notch Customer Service team, I'm impressed and suggest any and all looking for a catering software, start with Caterease because everything else pales in comparison.

Lauren
nurse in USA

worth it

It is very user friendly and easy to use. I really like this software and would recommend it to anyone.

It is more expensive than it should be. To learn more about the software you have to pay even more than the first time.

Antwort von Caterease

Lauren, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As a note, I did want to point out that Caterease is actually cheaper than most other programs in this industry. Our Express version, for example, has more time-saving tools than any other application and is available for as little as $68/month. And access to our large, knowledgeable, friendly support team is included free with your subscription! Thanks again for posting, and please be sure to let us know if you ever have any questions about the program.

Francesca
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Caterease has been a huge component of our success

Kommentare: Caterease has provided value for our company we are able to stay organized and be efficient with all of the tools it has to offer. The time we save when running reports has been a huge help as well. We are able to gather real-time data within seconds, which allows our sales and operations team to perform at the most optimum levels. The tech support team is extremely easy to get in touch with. Anytime I have a question, it is resolved within minutes of me calling. They are constantly improving and updating their software and are always open to feedback on what they can incorporate next time.

Krissa
Administrative Assistant in USA

Caterease is Wonderful!

Kommentare: As an Administrative Assistant of a Hotel with Rooms & lots of Catering space I couldn't be happier with the ease of Cater"ease". From setting up our new system, to training in Naples, each and every step of the transition from our old system to Caterease has been wonderful. Each person that we have worked with, talked to or asked questions of has been awesome. Caterease is so nice to use with the menus and reports, that it makes it easy for each of our departments and our clients at the same time.