Filtern nach:

Über JobBOSS²

ECi JobBOSS bietet die notwendigen Business-Software-Tools, die du benötigst, um deine Fertigung effizient, produktiv und rentabel zu halten.

Erfahre mehr über JobBOSS²

David D.
David D.

E2 Shoptech revolutionized our shop

1. No IT guy cost to maintain server. 2. Can use inexpensive workstations. We use Chromebooks for data collection. I also use a chromebook for trips. 3. Android/Apple app for tablets that can be used for data collection 4. Also just released an app for employees to check in and out from their phone. You can post stock from this app. 5. Work from anywhere. I was in Minnesota 2 weeks ago during a blizzard. I was at starbucks, posted up next to the window, working on my chromebook with no hick ups. 6. New updated features over the old system. Better reports. More capable Hot Spots. 7. Works the same as the old system, just things are in different spots. 8. Better, more efficient user interface 9. Easier to customize reports 10. Just introduced Dashboards

1. The subscription price. 2. Cert control in general can be better. 3. Employee Clock in Module is a pain. You cannot edit someone time until they are clocked out.

Elliott M.
Engineer in USA
Industrieautomation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Product

Kommentare: We are happy with the software and look forward to the future. The consistent upgrades are promising and encourage users to stay, but we hope that the price does not go up exponentially with the merger with ECI.

The software is powerful and easy to use a majority of the time. Support is helpful and readily available. We use E2/Jobboss2 for all of our estimating, order management, quoting, purchasing, scheduling, and more. After 6 years with the software it is definitely sustainable and a needed tool in our shop.

The homepage user interface is difficult to look at. There is a lack of customization options concerning fonts, text size, etc. Right now we have to use third party extensions to try and adjust fonts so some of our users can read the text properly. These extensions tend to cause problems with the logos so navigating becomes a little more difficult if you aren't familiar with where the buttons are. Implementing higher contrast homescreens would be beneficial and/or having an ingrained option for text size customization.

Tania T.
Maschinerie, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Do not upgrade your version of QB's to 22 or you will not be able to sync from JobBoss

4 letzten Monat Neu

Work Orders from customers and PO's to Vendors

After I upgraded my QB's version from 21 to 22, I was not able to sync. JobBoss did not warn me that this 3rd party would not be compatible even though that is one of their strongest sells of their product. The integrations of QB's. They also have not sent out an alert to their other customers that this may happen. I was forced to go back to my older version of QB's and had to reenter 2 weeks worth of work, not to mention that I went 2 weeks without being able to sync in invoice for customers or bills from vendors.

Kate D.
General Manager in USA
Metallabbau

Small Business Looking for Shop Control

Experience: We are a small family owned business that needed to get ISO certified as a requirement by our customer. We did our research and E2 was the best company to offer shop control and offer ISO certification. We have been using E2 since 2012, we have been ISO certified since 2012. We were eager and became ISO certified within 6 months (take a lot of work and dedication to get it done quickly). Overall E2 has been a great resource for us. Pros: The software is easy to use, the information that you are able to get from reports is helpful (only as good as the information put in). Easy for all employees to use with all computer skill levels. ISO documentation was extremely helpful with becoming ISO certified. Customer service is always helpful, you always get a real person to help you with your needs.

Software does not allow you to do multiple things at once, it is very simplistic which might be best. Difficult to customize it to you specific needs, it can be done but there is a cost for that. If you are a start up company this software would be great to get you going with all aspects, if you are an established company you might need to adjust how you do things. We still do all of our accounting and customer quoting from QuickBooks as that works best for our company. We do not use E2 for scheduling as we are a fast pace job shop and things change on the fly and difficult to schedule within the software.

Pooja M.
ESTIMATOR in Kanada
Möbel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

GREAT SOFTWARE To IMPLEMENT FOR MANUFACTURING

I have been using this software for an year now. Overall, its a well organized software. Software is easy to learn & operate, When you start your career as an Estimator. In the Estimating stage, this software helps to add all the aspects of the job cost interms of material and labour in an organized manner, so all the costs of the job are covered. In the Manufacturing stage, this software helps to track all the time and material of multiple jobs at ease. It was easy to train all the employees the process of scanning time & material. Job Cost Summary : All the Information tracked gives the Actual material & labour that goes into the job and as been very informative and useful in improving the Job pricing process. Overall, this software helps to achieve the target set for the company.

I cant really find that is serious & affects the work. But there are a few Cons like : Difficulty in giving access to Inventory stock to certain people. Need ease of designing a report template. There is no option for paid break in the default settings.

Steve C.
Operations Manager in USA

Steve Cate

Kommentare: We can quote jobs so fast with E2 it has become the way we control the pace of our business. If we want to be busier we submit a quote within hours of the RFQ. If we are too busy we take longer to submit quotes. It also helps a lot with scheduling but scheduling is the most difficult function to use.

Ease of use and good tech support. Very similar to quickbooks

When allocating stock to jobs, unless it was purchased specifically for that job, it is a bit cumbersome so we had a custom report written to allow the tag number of the inventory to be scanned.

Chad M.
Production Manager in USA
Metallabbau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Exact JobBOSS review

Kommentare: Good Service generally and helpful on custom apps. We have done a bunch of them!

Good first level entry product. Lots of options for expansion. Priced well. works well for most of what we do

Could be easier to use. Search in fields could search the whole field instead of just in order. Need ability to reschedule batches of jobs or ops. Looking in the future to need better paperless abilities for the floor. This would be drawings, capacity dashboards. Also as things become more connected we are going to need ability to integrate to nesting

Erica C.
Manager in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good software

Kommentare: Overall this is the best application for what we need. The customer service is top notch. The custom development team is good.

I like the fact the you can route, have job costing, accounting, etc all in one area. For this type of application, this is the best software to choose from. Shoptech continues to make improvements and listens to the customers on where to improve.

The quality module needs improved as well as the scheduling. The repository in unusable.

Would recommend!

Kommentare: I'm very happy with this system and would recommend.

I think what drew us to this ERP system from the start is the aesthetics. It's got a great color scheme and easy to find your way around the system with the color coded sections and icons. A close second is the flexibility you have with E2. You can pretty easily undo mistakes and recreate packing slips, invoices, etc.

I want to be able to customize the reports more easily. I don't know how to use their Report Designer and it's not easily self-taught.

Senior Project Engineer in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Terrible Software

The ability to gather data on cost, and labor. Inventory tracking is probably the most useful aspect of this software.

The user interface is very clunky, and hard to navigate. The capability of the program is hard to realize due to how difficult it is to use. I have, on multiple occasions, pulled my hair out trying to figure out why the program will not cooperate, only to find there was some missing information somewhere. Ok, this is my fault, but wouldn't it be nice if even the smallest window could pop up to say there is an error? Sometimes I sign in and forget to actually click on the little green check mark. Turns out if you push the enter key to sign in results in the program window disappearing from the screen with no warning or indication as to why. One winds up waiting the several minutes expected for the program to respond only to find it is not opening after all. The promise of what this software could enable a business to do is amazing. It is truly a shame how non-user friendly it is.

Monica B.
Operations in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

We think this is the perfect software!

Kommentare: We can't say enough about the outstanding support and customer service from the folks at Shoptech. They have always been an absolute pleasure to work with - extremely responsive and knowledgeable!

We are a 20 person precision machining and sheet metal fabrication shop. We do everything from prototype to large quantity production runs, and E2 Shop System does everything we need it to! This software follows a part from cradle to grave; from establishing raw material part numbers all the way thru to cash receipts, it ties every aspect of a job together, and is extremely user friendly! I love that we can collect real time information on the progress of a job, and when all is said and done, we know EXACTLY how much it cost us to produce a part. It allows us to give our customers the best possible price without any guess work on our end. We have been able to keep our accounting bills to a minimum, as the software allows you to produce balance sheets, income statements, 1099's - EVERYTHING! In 2017 we decided to convert to the Web Based version, and it was an absolutely seemless transition. I LOVE that we can do quoting, bookkeeping, analysis, etc. remotely. No longer needing to maintain a huge server has been great too!

I can honestly say that I don't feel like there's anything "missing" with this software. Of course, there are the occasional "glitches", but Shoptech is very responsive and quick to come up with a fix! If I HAD to find something to complain about, it would be that the "maintenance fees" are a bit high for the web based version. However, not needing to maintain a server and the expense associated therewith, it's probably close to a wash!

Anne H.

E2 Has Brought Amazing Efficiency to our Company

Kommentare: Efficiency, time saving, and error reduction are the main contributions this system has brought to our business. The error reduction is found in only having to enter information one time, and having that follow through in all of the processes, even on our Open Order Summary. If an initial error is made, it can be corrected at the source and the other paperwork corrected or re-generated. The efficiency and time-savings are self evident in what I've already said.

E2 has really helped us streamline all of our processes: from initially purchasing, through receiving, invoicing, check writing on the AP side; to processing POs from customers, generating orders, travelers, packing lists, and invoicing on the AR side. I can't imagine going back to what we did before! In the E2 system, once a part number/PO is entered, all of that information travels through all of the processes and handling of that item. No more repeated entries, with that time consumption and potential for error--one entry and you are done!--the processing of the PO or part number then goes through the whole shop and out the door. And I am not even including the ease of quoting and routing, which is less in my area of work, but is the area where most parts "begin" their life with us. E2 takes these parts all the way through, including the generating of Return Authorizations and credits when those are needed, in a seamless way.

Honestly, I can't think of any significant cons. We have had the occasional glitch or problem with usage, and there are some areas where I wish we could use the system even more, but for the massive amount of work we do use it for, it is excellent!

Laurence S.
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Everything you ever NEEDED to know

Kommentare: E2 manages ALL your data from your shop floor through your bookkeeping. The reports have always been the best selling point. Even sorting data becomes easy with the various export methods. You can quickly transfer the report dat to say excell and then again manipulate and massage as need for even more insight. I have always (and will continue to) recommend this sofware to other owners.

This software has the ability to organize your business workings into manageable reports. Reports that you can tailor to you specific needs. The more you follow the simple rules of E2, the more benefits it can deliver. In my own business no two jobs are alike and no procedures for the jobs are identical yet E2 understands this principle and manages to sort data in such a clear manner as to help you with decisions going forward on all future work. I cannot give a higher recommendation on any other similar system.

1.) I wish I could control the "Markup Pct." column in the General Tab when entering parts. I feel this item should have strict control - administrator only! Any of my people entering a part has the ability to change this percentage at will. Many an argument has resulted from my becoming aware of someone making an adjustment to this column, I wish I could lock it! 2.) When processing a return, it writes back to the original Order and amends it. Now the "Order Total" changes. It should not change. The order total should still match the customer P.O. total. The simple code should be that the (Qty Ordered) X (Unit Price) goes to make up the (Order Total) UNLESS there is something in the 'Master Job Number' column. In this manner the customers P.O. amount would still match up to the Order Total

Lisa T.
VP in USA
Maschinerie, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I no longer wanted my shop to run me....

Kommentare: E2 has been great to work with from the very beginning. We do not have an IT department but they helped walk me through the steps of setting up our system. They are always very nice and polite on the phone whenever I have to call. The system is great, with only a few bugs.

The way that E2 links all the different aspects together with various search functions. I can easily find ANYTHING i'm looking for and run so many reports to find out whatever information I want.

We still use the Access database version and it's only for PC. Two of us are dedicated Apple users, so that took some figuring out how to continue using Apple products with E2. There are only two reasons I haven't switched to the online hosted version - document type linking, and stable internet service.

Jim C.
President in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best Software Value

Kommentare: Bottomline, the E2 Shop System is affordable, easy to use, expandable, versatile and worth the price we paid. The support is top notch and the sales process and our data transition was effortless. We purchased our software on February 23, 2005 and have been a customer for over 14 years!! The service and support has remained consistent over that time period and the company seems to be extremely customer focused. I would highly recommend the E2 Shop System.

What we like most about the E2 Shop System Software is the ability to expand and customize our databases. We purchased the SQL version which allowed us to put the E2 OEM program on steroids. We added custom fields and tables of things that were very specific to our manufacturing business. We also added a custom front end for our customers to access things like detailed part specifications, testing data, sales history, package tracking, and much more. We also added a custom backend for our employees to enter non E2 items into separate database tables and link the information to the customers and vendors already in E2. The best part is, we have a very high end custom solution at a fraction of the cost of some of the other solutions on the market. We have the ability to barcode scan, track employees time for payroll, calculate exact labor costs based on actual production times, track inventory, import our invoices into Quickbooks, perform accurate estimations / quotations and much more.

We started off with the Access database version which is limited in scope, but soon realized that the SQL version was much more powerful and allowed unlimited growth.

George M.
Vice President of Operations in USA
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Finally moving away from E2

The user interface is easy to understand and navigate. The routing and BOM functions work well. Outgoing paperwork (packing slips, vendor returns, RMAs...etc) are generated easily. The quality module works well for us. Ultimately its a great software for smaller job shops; ie, less than 25 employees.

The scheduling system doesn't work. The system consistently puts out a schedule that doesn't make sense. We are a quick turn, CNC machining job shop, and need a software that enables us to understand our capacity. Often times, jobs that are due tomorrow are on the second page of the report, and jobs that aren't due for 6 weeks are at the top of the list. We worked with tech support and cannot get a resolution. We implemented E2 in 2003 and only started trying to use the scheduling module in the last year. It was a great software initially, but now that we have grown we need software that does what we need it to do. Beyond that, items frequently go corrupt. Unprocessing and reprocessing anything (work orders, purchase order, NCs, CAPAs...etc) risk corrupting the file. If you double click on certain things the system crashes. If two people are in an item at the same time, quantities and/or lines duplicate. Once supplies are received or product is shipped, the system will not allow certain changes to be made. The personnel efficiency reports generate numbers that don't make sense. We've visited this repeatedly and cannot sort out a solution. Just last week I reviewed the efficiency reports for our production crew, and a job they were given 4 hours to setup showed "ESTIMATED SETUP" time of 2.27 hours. Our settings are correct but for some reason the system comes up with understated estimates, despite what we tell it to do.

Chad D.
President in
Maschinerie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

New E2 User - Happy So far.

Kommentare: So far - we have been very happy with it. The simplicity of the product is a great. As it matures, perhaps some of the features will grow too. We will continue to support that endeavor by providing as much feedback as we can, and offering new product ideas that can be rolled out into the system.

Value is great, and the Cloud Based version is easy to step into. E2 appears to be ahead of the curve with getting their platform onto a cloud system for their customers, and it was one of the deciding factors why we went with E2 instead of other ERP system out there. Because of the cloud-based nature of the system, we have enjoyed the frequent updates to the product, it feels like we should never get behind. This is a comforting benefit as a system ages. The flow of work through the system is clearly organized to make the use of the system easy to understand for new users. We have background in a couple other standard ERP systems, and moving into E2 has been easy after a few pointers about how the system runs. The home-screen that shows work flow is easy to follow. Lastly - one of our favorite features has been how easy it is to customize reports. Sometimes it can be tricky, or perform unexpectedly, but all-in-all it workable. A more advanced tutorial on report customization would be helpful

There are not many broad system cons that we have found. We find the system to be simple and that it does what it is supposed to do well. Mostly, we have noticed over the past 10 months features we wish were included making E2 a more feature rich system. For example, inventory management could be more feature rich, including categories for non-inventory items (e.g. tooling, etc.) as a default option out of the box, or multiple pricing structures based on vendor, beyond the simple standard cost. We also wish it were were easy to reserve parts being made on a STOCK job to a newly entered sales order. There may be a way to do this, but it has not been immediately clear For incoming material, it would be nice to have the ability to receive parts/material via the data collection terminal right on the shop floor, rather than having to use a full license to perform what is a basic transaction. Furthermore, the ability to print an "Incoming Material" report for each purchase order (service or otherwise) would be helpful for a shop management. This way there is a paper record of what is coming in on a PO. For work flow, it'd be nice if there were options linking to create an invoice directly from a packing list (e.g. a save and create invoice option in the save button). Some of these missing features we find to be inhibiting our efficiency of implementation, so far we are working around them.

Robert B.
System Administrator in USA
Baumaterial, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

The Perfect Manufacturing Software

Kommentare: We have been using E2 for well over 16 years and so far we love it. We have used other systems and this one just seed to get it right. In that time we have only had a handful of issues of which most were fixed in minutes and all we had to do was call Tech Support and explain what was not working. The customer and technical support staff are extremely knowledgeable in what their software can do and how they can customize it to fit your every need. They have even extra fields set aside for all most every function to carry different data types just in case you have found a data point that they haven't thought of.

E2 creates a clutter free work space with a simple layout and design. Shop Tech has broken down the manufacturing process to get a true understanding of how our company really operates. The bolt on modules allow for greater control of specific functions in particular departments. We specifically use the Scheduling and Custom Order Import Automation functions. Scheduling give us a top level view, department view, work center view, and all the way down to a view of sub parts that make up a single part. This tells us exactly where an order is as well as if we are under or over loaded at the work center and department level. All I have to do is pull up the schedule, click a button for the level of detail I want to display and away it goes. The Custom Order Import Function has allowed us to automate the order entry process by simply downloading a file from our customer, pointing where I saved the file, and clicking "Import". This function creates the order and based off our custom company settings which we have setup to automatically pull from stock jobs, inventory, post a quantity to make or a combination of all of the above. We can then run a requirement report to see what we need to make to fulfill open orders or to make stock for inventory. It really doesn't get easier than that.

The extra modules do have a cost but they are well worth it. On the plus side of that, E2 will demo the modules with full functionality and if it doesn't incorporate everything that you need you don't have to purchase it.

Paul S.
USA
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

E2 Shop System for a Job Shop

Kommentare: This software has all of the features necessary to quote a project, purchase for a project, and move the project successfully through the shop from one work station to another, accurately accumulating time as it goes. It will give you insight into your jobs as to estimated performance versus actual performance, it will give you control over your purchasing and a 30,000ft level view of your work center loading. Overall, it has the capabilities to meet a wide variety of manufacturing requirements with good reporting, and useful tools

The software is pretty easy to use. We can usually get new employees up and running fully on the software with only a couple of days of training. If you implement the time keeping module it allows for excellent review of jobs and verification of timing for your work. By far the best part of E-2 is the support. They have a wide range of support tools including Webex training's, customer support, and even analysts who can help implement, and improve your software usage.

Like most software it is built around a model that may not exactly match your business model. In this case the issue is Parts vs. Jobs. Our shop tracks jobs through the shop that are composed of multiple parts. E-2 works best if one part is one job. While it is possible to run multi-part jobs you lose some of the functionality of the software when you do. The other limitation is eliminating duplicate data. If you have customers, materials or parts that were duplicated, or just plain created incorrectly, it is cumbersome to remove them from the E-2 system.

Brian B.
Operations Manager in
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

JobBoss - Simple enough but still lots of horsepower for a smaller job shop

Kommentare: I came on board with my employer in October 2014. They had been using JobBoss for over 10 years. With my ERP background, I quickly discovered that my employer wasn't taking advantage of many of the available utilities, including the Scheduling module. Within 3 months I had all 30 of our machining centers, plus all of the secondary resources and operations, set up and testing completed. Routings were stripped back and rebuilt with proper resource requirement setups to ensure proper scheduling of work and proper timing and load representation. Shift and holiday calendars were constructed properly. We turned on Scheduling in February 2015. With the first pass of the global scheduler (running infinite loading and allowing schedules in the past) we came out with a past-due backlog of some 4000 hours. After updating job progress on about 150 jobs, realigning a few things and making some setup tweaks, we realized that we were still over 2000 hours past due. However, we now had the theoretical start and end dates to work with, we could time materials properly, and could graph our loads to see what we were doing to ourselves with our booking practices. Since then, we have improved our utility of the system across the board. Raw material and finished goods inventories are accurate, so we can now use the Material Planning functionality. Raw material issues due to planning are non-existent. PO's for outside processing are now accurately priced, timed, and generated straight from the job routing. Use of Picks, Transfers, and Extra Quantities have given our inventory transactions full transparency. I look forward to Unite 2017 when I can see hands-on what other companies are doing to tap this system's potential!

Simple navigation, use of Favourites shortcuts, level of complexity is perfect for smaller organizations.

Would like to be able to access more information directly from the Job (ie from an outside process, be able to access the Purchase Order that is linked to it).

Roy E.
Planning in
Kunststoffe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

One of the best

Kommentare: I have used JobBoss for the last 6 years and it's great for a shop like ours with custom products. It handles everything from the initial customer quote to turning it into a sales order, defining specific jobs and component jobs all the way through shipping and invoicing. The various processes you might need are logically organized into modules which make performing specific tasks easy. The downside is the occasional lack of communication between the modules requiring you to complete some information multiple times. The only reason I did not give 5 stars across the board is the inability to look at the big picture (all open orders), drill down to the semi-big picture (a specific sales order), and so on down to the minutest detail. If you are looking at any of these areas by itself JobBoss is a great tool that does a terrific job at helping you manage a project; it could use a little tweaking to help you really manage multiple projects with ease.

The level of detail available about any project, material requirements for the project, routing steps, and tracking of progress. A complete system available to manage every aspect of the shop from scheduling of employees and jobs, payroll, materials, and more. XML support to allow you to use external programs to exchange data with JobBoss.

Inability to really drill down from a broad overview of projects in the shop down to specific details of a single job. Customer support for using XML extremely limited. Poor documentation on using it. Does not allow you to require completion of a routing step before beginning the next. Ability to track progress is 100% dependent upon employees logging into a job and recording their progress without any enforcement policy within the program.

Scott K.
Production Scheduler/Data Analyst/Custom Report Writer in
Metallabbau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Solid Product with good flexability

Kommentare: Our company has now used JobBOSS for around 4 years. We have found that the user interface is quite intuitive and straightforward to use. This is a plus when training new people on the system. Functionally, it has met most of the needs that we purchased it for. We loved the idea behind the scheduling module, but have found it to not be a good fit with our shop. We are primarily a custom high mix, low volume shop. This leads to many jobs that have potential to run in more than one pathway on the floor and most jobs are first run where we do not have a history of expected production run times to fall back on. We also have split our shop floor into three self directed production cells that have a fair amount of cross work. The self direction means many production decisions are made at the cell level and not at a command level. Because of these factors, we found that matching our shop floor to the scheduling module was exceptionally difficult unless we were willing to dedicate a full time person to keeping it accurate. In the end, we believe that the scheduling module would work better in a higher volume production environment with more of a top down command structure than how we operate. The reports that come with JobBOSS are reasonable, however, we have found that digging deeper into the data (at least the directions we looked) required special reporting. It is handy to have someone on staff who is comfortable working with SQL tables, data mining and creating custom reports. Exact does offer custom report creating. Just remember, it come at additional cost.

As someone who does look behind the scenes and works to dig data out of the system, I am impressed with the amount of information that JobBOSS does capture. Additionally, it is quite well organized in its structure. On the front end, the user interface is intuitive and lends itself to easy training.

Reporting. The stock reports are reasonable for a company that does not need to dig into its data very deeply. But the analysis at deeper levels would either require purchasing many custom reports or have someone on staff that can dig into the data and create custom reports. The scheduling module works best in an environment with minimal chance of perturbation. Systems that have a high degree of variation become hard to model accurately.

Michele D.
Luft- & Raumfahrt

9 Year User of E2 Shoptech

The product is a comprehensive job tracking system. When using the individual "modules" in the correct order in creating parts, quotes, jobs, purchases, shipments, etc. you will be able to trace, track, run reports and get great information. Shoptech as a vendor has always been extremely helpful when you contact them. You will not sit on hold for hours like with some other vendors. You will find both basic information and more extensive information on their website either through webinars, help papers, virtual training classes and also User Discussion Boards. Should you not find the information which you are seeking, their staff is very informative and will not leave you in a bind.

The vendor is very upfront about what their system will and will not accomplish. I miss my accounting bells and whistles with having real time reporting at my finger tips (however, they do provide a "Quick-view" area in which to get real time data for various areas in the system such as job status, parts/customer/vendor inquiries and information, PO status, etc. The worst issue that I can state is that in order to take a look at where items are hitting the G/L, the month in question has to be posted. In order to make any changes, the months have to be unposted. Users should not be in the "Accounting area" when this is being done. AND the worst part in using the audit trail to see which user possibly edited something, no matter where in the system, the audit trail will only tell you who viewed, possibly edited, but will not give you further information to solve your puzzles as to who did what, when and why.

John V.
Luft- & Raumfahrt

E2 is the ERP that gives the big name ERP's a Run for there money!!

I have used multiple ERP systems some of them rather expensive with a large learning curve, when I went looking for a ERP system for our machine shop, one of the leading criteria was that the ERP would have, or support the AS9100 standard. E2 was the only one that offered a QA module to help create our AS9100 documentation, then as a bonus E2 had a consultant come out and help set up our AS9100 Quality Management System, to top it off, another consultant came back out a few month later to do an audit of our documentation to make sure we were ready to take on the AS9100 registrar. E2 does have an AP & AR module however we wanted to be able to keep our financial information separate in QuickBooks, this ERP system allows you to flow order and purchase order information seamlessly from E2 to QuickBooks by syncing this information over. I really hope companies that are looking for an ERP system make E2 their choice. I did a lot of painstaking research on this and wish I would have found reviews of ERP systems like this to help me along. E2 does what it takes to run a business effectively and as an added surprise the software is cost effective as well.

The only Area I have had a challenge with would be the timeclock buzzer, the timeclock portion is provided by one of E2's partners and we recently had the buzzer stop working well, the e2 sofware is pinging the correct signal however the buzzer is not working correctly. So really this doesnt seem to be a E2 issue it is a computerwise issue (computerwise is the timeclock system)

Jim U.
USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

We have used JobBOSS in our Mixmode Jobshop for 5 years.

The biggest advantage that we see in JobBOSS is that it is well-suited to the small manufacturer and job shop. The modules are functional for our day-to-day operations, which allowed us to standardize and increase our workload and throughput by at least 20%. The interface is user-friendly. We were able to implement the software very quickly compared to the software we were using. The workstations in the shop have given us a good handle on time collection. We also use the QuickBooks integration and it works flawlessly. Exact employees are very friendly and knowledgeable about their product. We get answers to our questions very quickly, and they are very helpful in solving problems we incur. The online portal is a huge asset for training new users and enhancements to the software’s customization.

As good as the program is, there is room for improvement. We think it is just a few enhancements away from greatness. The software has several glitches that have not been fixed in the five years we have been using it. For example, you lose the information you are entering into a job or purchase order if another user is updating a related job or material. Sometimes, the software locks up and has to be forced to close and restart. This usually happens when you are trying to delete a raw material in a Job and select a different material; it's some kind of access violation. The updates of information changes between modules is slow and can be frustrating. For example, if a raw material is received from a PO and you want to add that material to a job and pick it from the inventory, you have to close the jobs module and reopen it to get the new inventory update; this should occur instantly. A few other enhancements would be nice (e.g.: autofill on names fields, uses of Return key to tab between fields, and a simpler method of customizing basic forms like can be done in QuickBooks). We purchased the ShopBoss scheduling module with high hopes of solving our delinquent deliveries. After about two years of trying to implement this module, we abandoned it for our old manual method. The JobShop module needs a simpler and more flexible scheduling module. it requires way too much time in operator maintenance to keep it functional. In a job shop environment the schedule has to stay on the balls of its feet because the priorities are always changing. We can do the job faster than we can change the schedule in JobBoss.