Skyward Student Management Suite Erfahrungen

Über Skyward Student Management Suite

Binde sowohl Studenten als auch Eltern in die K-12-Noten mit verbesserten Kommunikations- und Verwaltungstools ein.

Erfahre mehr über Skyward Student Management Suite

Useful features to allow parents interact with their child's activities. Allows for integration with payment systems which is seamless and real-time.

We are a google school and there is supposed to be a way to get GoogleClassroom grades in Skyward, but no teacher as been able to make it work yet.

Bewertungen zu Skyward Student Management Suite

3,9

Skyward Student Management Suite hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 148 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Skyward Student Management Suite bereits verwendet?

English Teacher

Excellent Education Management Tool

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
High School English Teacher in USA
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Education Management Tool

Kommentare: Over Skyward provides teachers, students and administrators with up-to-date, accessible and easy to understand grades, disciplinary reports, and academic history. With very little training, I was able to navigate and operate the system within days.

This software is easily navigable for educators. I can input grades, edit assignments and change due dates with only the click of a button. Its integration with Google Calendar allows my students to keep track of due dates, as well.

Skyward has pre-set grading periods, but as a teacher there are still intermittent periods (6 week grade period) where I need to manually input each student's grade. This seems an unnecessarily arduous task.

Antwort von Skyward

Thank you so much for the review Natalie. We're happy to see that your use of Skyward with Google Calendar is going well. In terms of your issue with the grading periods, we recommend that you put in a service call. Depending upon the way you have your gradebooks set up, someone at Skyward will likely need to learn more about what you are doing and your specific goals in order to help you.

Technology Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

QMLATIV is the most intuitive software!

Kommentare: We're using it both Business and Student and it's just easy to use.

I have experience with pretty much every SIS in Wisconsin and Qmlativ is definitely the easiest to use. The intuitive nature of it makes it easy to get stuff done. The technical support is the best I've seen in the industry. Everyone is very knowledgeable and is kind.

I wish Skyward Business and Student are merged, but I know they're working on that. Still would be nice!

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks for your awesome review John. From the beginning, one of the main goals of Qmlativ was ease of use, so we are happy you are finding it to be intuitive.

Rachel
Administrative Assistant in USA
Personalwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Reaching Parents/Guardians & Students Quickly

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

This allows us to reach both the students and caregivers at once and have all of the information in one place. It also allows them to reach us or return a message quickly and easily.

If there is more than one student sometimes linked to one parent/guardian it doesn't always connect them easily.

vor 3 Wochen

Thank you for your review, Rachel! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear Skyward made it easier to communicate with guardians and students.

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
DI Captain, Substitute Teacher, Mom of Three in USA

Parents Opinion of a versatile Program

3,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Able to manage all kids in one place. View grades, attendance records and transportation information

A lot of unused apps or functions that is confusing

letzte Woche

Thank you for your review, Lindsey. If you'd like to learn how to use Skyward more effectively, we recommend checking out our Family Access Toolkit. It features tutorial videos that help you understand the software better.

Alexis

Skyward for School

I like the ease of functions Skyward offers. My current school uses a program called TAC and compared to Skyward, it's very difficult. Skyward made it very easy to find student information, input grades, and copy assignments. The attendance was also easy to input. I also like how different schools can change the layout of Skyward to suit their needs.

One thing I do not like about Skyward is the rostering system. Because it goes by period, if a school has A and B days, this causes Skyward to have multiple rosters for each class. This makes it difficult because it takes time to choose the correct roster for the date/period. It's not done with a glance in which I can just click on the period number. It takes much too long to decipher which roster to pick for that date/time attendance.

vor 3 Wochen

Thank your review, Alexis! We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Chief Technology Officer in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Skyward is Superior

Ease of useFlexibility managing complex schedules, reports, etcProduct RangeCustomer Support

The interface is dated but that is solved with the new Qmlativ product.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for the super review, John. We're so happy we're meeting your expectations.

Arnie
Arnie
Director of Digital & Accelerated Learning in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

The most compatible choice for Student Information Systems

Kommentare: As our primary student information system, we have experiences very few problems that cannot be overcome between our local team and their support staff. Our experience has been successful and our experience with the provider is always solutions based and quickly resolved.

SKYWARD continues to be an industry leader in the area of records management, fiscal management, employee access. It has been the one stop place for all student, financial and employee records in every district I have worked with. The integration with other systems and the wealth of dashboard options allows for all things to be managed in one system.

As an interface, there are areas that need to be updated. The introduction of QMLATIV should address many of the shortcomings of the existing software. We are excited to see what the next generation of the software has to offer.

Antwort von Skyward

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback Arnie. It's always great to hear that Skyward has been successful for users in a variety of settings. We look forward to getting you moved to Qmlativ so you can continue to grow with us and experience continued success.

Brian
Brian
Mathematics Specialist in USA

So much potential!

Kommentare: I use skyward as an Assistant Principal at a High School. I am constantly looking up where students are to pull them. Constantly looking at there grade, attendance and contact information.

-You can input almost anything into a student's profile and easily find what you are looking for. -You can run numerous reports on anything. However, you have to know exactly what you want and how to do it. You will have to get training or read up on it. -Easy for parents and students to view on your phone. -Numerous options for attendance. Absent, Tardy, walked out, didn't come back from lunch, skipped, truant, doctor, excused, and about 20 more. The only one it doesn't have is absent because more than 15 minutes late.

-There is no easy way to print student grades, schedules and absences. It's not hard, but it's a lot of steps. Find the schedule, print the schedule to PDF, open the PDF, and then finally print the PDF. Attendance and grades are exported to excel and then you have to change the format to print on one page. Like I said, it's not hard, but why can't you just hit print. -When searching for a student with a common name, sometimes the system doesn't show all of them. -It does not tell you a student's current grade. It will show you T1, T2 and S1. T1 and T2 are the progress reports and S1 is the semester average, but it doesn't show the most current.

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks for your feedback Brian. Getting input from our users is a priority at Skyward and we invite you to join our User Research Panel by visiting the Support area of our website.

Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Skyward has value, but is difficult to use

I like the ability to run student report data for large sets of students.

I find Skyward to be very difficult to use. After working with this software daily for two years I feel as though I have no independent skill. Nothing about this product is intuitive. I do not feel as though this is a user friendly tool and I feel as though there may be better tools for districts to use for their student management.

Antwort von Skyward

We're disappointed that you find Skyward difficult to use. In our experience, the two main reasons ed tech falls short of its potential are lack of buy-in from staff and lack of appropriate training. We invite you to check out the Know Your Skyward Training Options article in our newsletter to see all the Skyward training options available to you and your staff.

A Decent SIS For The Money

Kommentare: Overall the Skyward system lets us do the things we need to do with student data. This information is very invaluable to our district so the system is used heavily. It does what it advertises.

The Skyward system allows our corporation to enroll and schedule students with ease. The reporting feature has been invaluable to my own job. There are so many facets to this software that you can do just about anything.

The user interface is somewhat outdated. They released a more web friendly version a while back but it had the same problems. In a world of student information systems though, it is on par with most other ones.

Teresa
counseling secretary in USA

Skyward review

Kommentare: This is my district's 7th year using Skyward. I am the counseling secretary in our high school and work in Student Management. I am also a security manager for our district. Honestly, when we made the transition to Skyward I was very unhappy. I didn't find Skyward to be very user friendly and I wasn't pleased with the customer support response time. Oftentimes I was unable to find a way to make Skyward do what I needed. However, as the years have passed, Skyward has made improvements to the program, I have learned the system better and the customer support live chat option is a huge timesaver. Now, I really enjoy using Skyward. I have the dubious distinction of being our district's "Skyward guru" and I believe I've learned a lot through exploration in my efforts to assist others. When I can't find answers, I know that help is only a live chat away! I would definitely recommend Skyward to other districts.

Possibly my favorite aspect of Skyward is the ability to dump data directly into Excel. This is a huge timesaver and allows me to manipulate, sort, share and utilize data as needed. I also like the ability to create reports based on my needs using Data Mining.

There are still a few things that I wish I could do in Skyward, that I can't, such as use activity groups to run certain reports/schedules. Occasionally, we experience what I call "Skyward quirks" when something doesn't work right one day, but it works the next. Recently, our library parapro ran a report and new that the info displayed wasn't wholly accurate. I checked her format and everything was good. I printed it with the same results. I cloned the report, changing nothing, and ran that and it was accurate. The next day her report worked properly again.

Antwort von Skyward

So glad we were able to grow together, Teresa, and turn a negative experience into such a positive one. Thank you for all you do to help your district get more out of Skyward.

Gjanden
PARENT OF STUDENTS in USA
Personalwesen, Selbstständig

An Awful Experience for Two Household Families

Kommentare: As a parent of children in a two household family, Skyward has been nothing short of a frustrating experience. The system designates the categories of Family 1 and Family 2. Being listed as Family 2 means that I get excluded from important communications, am restricted from scheduling parent teacher conferences, and at one point was told I could not check out my own child from school to go to a dentist's appointment. I have voiced these concerns multiple times in my district only to be informed that the frustrations I have voiced are voiced several times over by other parents and that Skyward has done nothing to address these complaints. It appears that NO consideration was given in the design, or implementation of two household families who share the responsibility of raising their kids. For context, my ex and I share 50/50 joint physical and legal custody which means I am equally responsible for their financial, physical, and educational wellbeing.

Being listed as Family 2 means I don't get much of any benefit out of Skyward other than seeing my kids' grades and progress.

The software is clunky, not user friendly, not family friendly, and serves only as a repository of data that is very uneasily accessed.

Antwort von Skyward

Obviously, we are disappointed about your experience with Skyward. We can't tell from this review if you are using our SMS 2.0 or Qmlativ platform. In either case we definitely have options for F2 to see and receive information, but the solutions differ. The software definitely does not make staff deny direct access to their kids. We recommend working with your children's district on this issue and visiting our Family Access Resource Toolkits on our website to help you get more from Skyward.

Sarah
teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Skyward-Great for Grades and Absences

I like the quick score button on this software. When you click it, it opens up the grade sheet for every assignment in that class. This makes it easier to grade multiple assignments and update them easily and in a timely manner. If I didn't have this tool/button, it would take much longer for me to update grades.

I wish that I could see the entire title of each assignment when looking at my class for my grades. Currently, I can see the beginning of the assignment title and the total amount of points it is worth. For example, if the title of my assignment is Science World News Page 5, it may show up on the grade sheet as simply Sci W. This is to save space, but I would rather it shows the entire name. I have some assignments that have the same name, but specify parts by stating page numbers. This would make it easier for me to grade.

Antwort von Skyward

Thank you so much for sharing your comments Sarah. It's always great to hear from teachers about the ways Skyward saves time and makes your life a little easier.

Connie
Food & Nutrition Service Administrative Assistant in USA
Hausmeisterservice, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

LOVE SKYWARD

Kommentare: I have always loved this program once I started using it (2001?), it was PAC back then.
Like everything in life, skyward needs some tweeks:) That is why you have four stars, also if you were to get five stars then we wouldn't need you anymore and believe me there are times I need your help. That all said, I work with Food Service, there are a few tips & tricks I would love to learn from you. I wish you offered a one-on-one quick tip sessions to sign up for.

Easy to use, can do multiple windows to jump from one area to another is huge!

Food Service application letter set up:(

Antwort von Skyward

Hi Connie, thank you so much for the kind words! It was a nice trip down memory lane to see your PaC reference. Regarding those quick "tips and tricks" training sessions, keep checking in at skyward.com/quickhits and skyward.com/academy for relevant training and resources. We're always looking to deliver a better experience, so you can be sure site visits and localized training sessions are things we are considering as we look to the future.

Krista
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy for teachers to use!

Kommentare: I have used Skyward for both student management and employee access for personal work data. It makes day today task easier and I like having access to important information when needed.

I like how Skyward makes everyday tasks like taking attendance easy or checking attendance history. I also like the availability to gather student information from their profiles when needed.

I don’t like how the app version doesn’t allow you to view detailed information like the computer software does. I wish the two mirrored each other better.

Antwort von Skyward

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us Krista. We take great pride in the role users play in the evolution of our products. If you haven't done so already, I urge you to consider signing up for our User Research Panel which you can access from the Support area of our website.

Cassandra
teacher in USA
E-Learning, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great Product

Kommentare: I love this product and use it daily for attendance and gradebook. I also use it to email progress reports and communicate with parents.

I love all the different reports and features that Skyward has. It takes much of the work off of teachers.

It is not very user friendly. Due to the fact that there are so many features, it is difficult to maneuver through everything to find what you need. Basic training is very helpful.

Antwort von Skyward

We appreciate your comments Cassandra. Making tasks easier for teachers and office staff is what we are all about. Keeping our software user-friendly while making sure it has all the features educators need is something we take very seriously. We invite you to join our User Research Panel so you can share your thoughts and ideas with our UX team. Thanks again.

Kolby
Assistant Director in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

I LOVE SKYWARD

Kommentare: Overall, when my children graduate, I will have a hard time adjusting to not using it anymore. It has kept me on top of their education and I will recommend that all parents who have access please use it.

I love everything about Skyward. My school district has everything linked and when teachers use it to its full potential it is helpful to a parent that has multiple students to check on and communicate updates about. It has been the one thing that has kept me in contact with teachers over the years of using it.

There are few if any things I do not like about the software. I appreciate that it can be easily navigated.

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks for the kind words Kolby. It's always great to hear directly from parents who use Skyward.

Kate
Media Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent program for student management

Kommentare: I am not the secretary at our school, so I don't get into as much detail with this software as she does, however I do use Skyward on a daily basis. For the information I need about students, this program works very well for me. I am pleased with the organization of information.

The organization of this software is something I really like. I can get on the program without having too much user knowledge and find what I am looking for. I think it has a wonderful array of information options for our students' profiles. This is a user friendly software.

I use this software every day and for the level of use, I don't have any negative issues.

Jeffrey
HR Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Skyward is a very easy and comprehensive system for school districts.

Kommentare: It took an old outdated system that was previously used and brought the school district back into the modern age.

There is a lot that can be accomplished through Skyward. You can track students, finance, and human resource functions. Each module is very easy to use and they are willing to work with you to assist in making changes and upgrades to their products.

Sometimes the functionality is a little rough, but the programmers have been making constant upgrades to the system and new updates come out all the time.

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks so much, Jeffrey. We appreciate your advocacy and promise to keep working toward a better experience every time.

Kelly
E-Learning, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Used for Grades and Attendance

Kommentare: Overall experience has been pleasant but definitely a learning curve.

This software is mostly just used for grades and attendance. We also use it for communicating with parents. It is a nice way to store all of the student information that is eventually uploaded to SIS for the state.

This software takes awhile to learn how to use effectively. Some parts like sending emails to groups of people can sometimes be difficult to manage.

Antwort von Skyward

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts Kelly. Hope your school year is off to a good start.

Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Needs to Function Better

Kommentare: I would like a more user friendly student/parent management system. I feel like there are still many bugs that need to be worked out even though they have been around forever.

Skyward has many features & can be accessed on any device pretty much.

The ability to have buttons to go to next page on the screen- Many times this some how not happening. All options aren't able to be clicked or saved. You have to fill out forms multiple times. Gradebook format gets thrown off. Needs to be easier to use even after 12 years having to use it.

Cortney

Easy Gradebook

I use this for attendance, looking up student information, and for a gradebook. The gradebook is very user friendly and easy to use.

The messaging center feature could use some improvements. It is not easy to respond to emails within this platform.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for the feedback Cortney. Making sure our attendance, gradebook, and other features for teachers in the classrooms is always a priority for our product team.

christina
special education ast in USA

Perfect for school

Kommentare: I use this everyday to help with looking into kids programs. Also it makes it nice to get information to the whole school if needed and easy for parents to acess as well.

I use this everyday. I love that you can acess so much information and set it to view as you want to. I like that it is so easy to use.

I see that it may be confusing for one that is not computer savvy. There is a lot that you can do with this program that can be overwhelming.

Antwort von Skyward

Thank you for your review Christina. It's always great to hear directly from educators who are using Skyward to save time and access the information you need to help your students excel in the classroom.

Aly
Student in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Skyward for managing student grades.

Kommentare: Skyward is very good. It could use a better calendar but other than that very good.

Skyward has a simple interface and is easy to navigate. It auto signs out in case of in-activity which prevents others from viewing your account.

The calendar design doesn't help view tasks and often times it won't sync with other school managing apps.

Antwort von Skyward

Thank you so much for the review Aly. We'll be sure to pall along your comments regarding the calendar to our user experience team.

Lisa
Coordinator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Review

Fairly easy to for employees for time sheets, request time off, payroll information and history. Employees can see payroll, time sheets, and personal records. Request reimbursement for expenses. Admin uses it for record keeping of employee information

The steps to request expense reimbursement is lengthy and not easy for employees that use it occassionally.