Skyward Student Management Suite Erfahrungen

Über Skyward Student Management Suite

Binde sowohl Studenten als auch Eltern in die K-12-Noten mit verbesserten Kommunikations- und Verwaltungstools ein.

Erfahre mehr über Skyward Student Management Suite

It is a more reasonably priced option than the bigger players like Campus or PowerSchool. It is still better than JMC (which is sad).

We are a google school and there is supposed to be a way to get GoogleClassroom grades in Skyward, but no teacher as been able to make it work yet.

Bewertungen zu Skyward Student Management Suite

3,9

Skyward Student Management Suite hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 148 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Skyward Student Management Suite bereits verwendet?

English Teacher

Excellent Education Management Tool

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
High School English Teacher in USA
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Education Management Tool

Kommentare: Over Skyward provides teachers, students and administrators with up-to-date, accessible and easy to understand grades, disciplinary reports, and academic history. With very little training, I was able to navigate and operate the system within days.

This software is easily navigable for educators. I can input grades, edit assignments and change due dates with only the click of a button. Its integration with Google Calendar allows my students to keep track of due dates, as well.

Skyward has pre-set grading periods, but as a teacher there are still intermittent periods (6 week grade period) where I need to manually input each student's grade. This seems an unnecessarily arduous task.

Antwort von Skyward

Thank you so much for the review Natalie. We're happy to see that your use of Skyward with Google Calendar is going well. In terms of your issue with the grading periods, we recommend that you put in a service call. Depending upon the way you have your gradebooks set up, someone at Skyward will likely need to learn more about what you are doing and your specific goals in order to help you.

Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

QMLATIV is the most intuitive software!

Kommentare: We're using it both Business and Student and it's just easy to use.

I have experience with pretty much every SIS in Wisconsin and Qmlativ is definitely the easiest to use. The intuitive nature of it makes it easy to get stuff done. The technical support is the best I've seen in the industry. Everyone is very knowledgeable and is kind.

I wish Skyward Business and Student are merged, but I know they're working on that. Still would be nice!

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks for your awesome review John. From the beginning, one of the main goals of Qmlativ was ease of use, so we are happy you are finding it to be intuitive.

Kevin

Stuck in 2003; Avoid.

Kommentare: Terrible. Wasn't even interested in looking at their newer option.

-It is a more reasonably priced option than the bigger players like Campus or PowerSchool. -It is still better than JMC (which is sad). - IF you can figure out how to do things in it and IF you don't mind an ugly program that visually is stuck in 2003, it may work for you.

- Probably the least user-friendly software I've ever used. It has tons of random settings that are sprinkled all over the software and requires a super-user on your team to accomplish even some of the more regular day to day functions. - Reports are terrible. You have to set the fields and ranges and then waste time running a report to see if it works. I can't tell you how many times I've done this and had the system return a blank report because one tiny parameter was off OR the report doesn't do what I thought it did from the title (with no explanation). - Teachers hate it. It's so limited, it forces your district into changing its grading procedures to fit the limitations of the product - Customer service is dismissive and unhelpful.

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks for your brutally honest feedback Mr. Furst. As difficult as this review was for us to read, we welcome all feedback--good and bad--and our goal is to deliver a user-centric experience for everyone. One of the reasons we launched our Qmlativ platform a few years ago was because we recognized we needed to upgrade the design and navigation to help create a better experience for users. We hope you reconsider taking a look at Qmlativ and we are confident you will be pleasantly surprised at what you see. Thank you.

Chief Technology Officer in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Skyward is Superior

Ease of useFlexibility managing complex schedules, reports, etcProduct RangeCustomer Support

The interface is dated but that is solved with the new Qmlativ product.

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks for the super review, John. We're so happy we're meeting your expectations.

Alexis

Skyward for School

I like the ease of functions Skyward offers. My current school uses a program called TAC and compared to Skyward, it's very difficult. Skyward made it very easy to find student information, input grades, and copy assignments. The attendance was also easy to input. I also like how different schools can change the layout of Skyward to suit their needs.

One thing I do not like about Skyward is the rostering system. Because it goes by period, if a school has A and B days, this causes Skyward to have multiple rosters for each class. This makes it difficult because it takes time to choose the correct roster for the date/period. It's not done with a glance in which I can just click on the period number. It takes much too long to decipher which roster to pick for that date/time attendance.

vor 5 Monaten

Thank your review, Alexis! We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Arnie
Arnie
Director of Digital & Accelerated Learning in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

The most compatible choice for Student Information Systems

Kommentare: As our primary student information system, we have experiences very few problems that cannot be overcome between our local team and their support staff. Our experience has been successful and our experience with the provider is always solutions based and quickly resolved.

SKYWARD continues to be an industry leader in the area of records management, fiscal management, employee access. It has been the one stop place for all student, financial and employee records in every district I have worked with. The integration with other systems and the wealth of dashboard options allows for all things to be managed in one system.

As an interface, there are areas that need to be updated. The introduction of QMLATIV should address many of the shortcomings of the existing software. We are excited to see what the next generation of the software has to offer.

Antwort von Skyward

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback Arnie. It's always great to hear that Skyward has been successful for users in a variety of settings. We look forward to getting you moved to Qmlativ so you can continue to grow with us and experience continued success.

Brian
Brian
Mathematics Specialist in USA

So much potential!

Kommentare: I use skyward as an Assistant Principal at a High School. I am constantly looking up where students are to pull them. Constantly looking at there grade, attendance and contact information.

-You can input almost anything into a student's profile and easily find what you are looking for. -You can run numerous reports on anything. However, you have to know exactly what you want and how to do it. You will have to get training or read up on it. -Easy for parents and students to view on your phone. -Numerous options for attendance. Absent, Tardy, walked out, didn't come back from lunch, skipped, truant, doctor, excused, and about 20 more. The only one it doesn't have is absent because more than 15 minutes late.

-There is no easy way to print student grades, schedules and absences. It's not hard, but it's a lot of steps. Find the schedule, print the schedule to PDF, open the PDF, and then finally print the PDF. Attendance and grades are exported to excel and then you have to change the format to print on one page. Like I said, it's not hard, but why can't you just hit print. -When searching for a student with a common name, sometimes the system doesn't show all of them. -It does not tell you a student's current grade. It will show you T1, T2 and S1. T1 and T2 are the progress reports and S1 is the semester average, but it doesn't show the most current.

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks for your feedback Brian. Getting input from our users is a priority at Skyward and we invite you to join our User Research Panel by visiting the Support area of our website.

A Decent SIS For The Money

Kommentare: Overall the Skyward system lets us do the things we need to do with student data. This information is very invaluable to our district so the system is used heavily. It does what it advertises.

The Skyward system allows our corporation to enroll and schedule students with ease. The reporting feature has been invaluable to my own job. There are so many facets to this software that you can do just about anything.

The user interface is somewhat outdated. They released a more web friendly version a while back but it had the same problems. In a world of student information systems though, it is on par with most other ones.

Rachel
Administrative Assistant in USA
Personalwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Reaching Parents/Guardians & Students Quickly

This allows us to reach both the students and caregivers at once and have all of the information in one place. It also allows them to reach us or return a message quickly and easily.

If there is more than one student sometimes linked to one parent/guardian it doesn't always connect them easily.

vor 5 Monaten

Thank you for your review, Rachel! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear Skyward made it easier to communicate with guardians and students.

Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

There are some nice features

Kommentare: I am a teacher. My whole district uses Skyward. I have around 300 students at any given time.

I love that I can send mass emails to all parents. I am impressed by some of the reports that I can generate from the website.

Some of the features are clunky and hard to use. It is extremely difficult to access messages that people have sent me in Skyward.

Gjanden
PARENT OF STUDENTS in USA
Personalwesen, Selbstständig

An Awful Experience for Two Household Families

Kommentare: As a parent of children in a two household family, Skyward has been nothing short of a frustrating experience. The system designates the categories of Family 1 and Family 2. Being listed as Family 2 means that I get excluded from important communications, am restricted from scheduling parent teacher conferences, and at one point was told I could not check out my own child from school to go to a dentist's appointment. I have voiced these concerns multiple times in my district only to be informed that the frustrations I have voiced are voiced several times over by other parents and that Skyward has done nothing to address these complaints. It appears that NO consideration was given in the design, or implementation of two household families who share the responsibility of raising their kids. For context, my ex and I share 50/50 joint physical and legal custody which means I am equally responsible for their financial, physical, and educational wellbeing.

Being listed as Family 2 means I don't get much of any benefit out of Skyward other than seeing my kids' grades and progress.

The software is clunky, not user friendly, not family friendly, and serves only as a repository of data that is very uneasily accessed.

Antwort von Skyward

Obviously, we are disappointed about your experience with Skyward. We can't tell from this review if you are using our SMS 2.0 or Qmlativ platform. In either case we definitely have options for F2 to see and receive information, but the solutions differ. The software definitely does not make staff deny direct access to their kids. We recommend working with your children's district on this issue and visiting our Family Access Resource Toolkits on our website to help you get more from Skyward.

Sarah
teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Skyward-Great for Grades and Absences

I like the quick score button on this software. When you click it, it opens up the grade sheet for every assignment in that class. This makes it easier to grade multiple assignments and update them easily and in a timely manner. If I didn't have this tool/button, it would take much longer for me to update grades.

I wish that I could see the entire title of each assignment when looking at my class for my grades. Currently, I can see the beginning of the assignment title and the total amount of points it is worth. For example, if the title of my assignment is Science World News Page 5, it may show up on the grade sheet as simply Sci W. This is to save space, but I would rather it shows the entire name. I have some assignments that have the same name, but specify parts by stating page numbers. This would make it easier for me to grade.

Antwort von Skyward

Thank you so much for sharing your comments Sarah. It's always great to hear from teachers about the ways Skyward saves time and makes your life a little easier.

Jessica
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Skyward is amazing for grading.

Kommentare: I love using Skyward to manage my students grades and to print off report cards.

I love how easily I can input grades for all of my students in multiple courses. The attendance function is easy and I can enter attendance quickly every morning. I also love that I can pull reports for all of my students at once and print them for viewing.

Finding a specific report is difficult. You have to go through several different hyperlinks to get to the one you want and sometimes it's not the correct one and you have to start over. The reports are a little bit confusing but once you find the correct one it is helpful.

Antwort von Skyward

We appreciate your feedback Jessica. Our grading and attendance features are hugely popular with teachers, and we are always looking for ways to make our reporting more intuitive for all users. We'll be sure to share your comments with our product team.

Nathan
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Not ideal

Kommentare: This help keep grades, lunch accounts, and attendance

The grade calculation and attendance parts work well. The custom reports are nice to save for the future.

The system isn't as user friendly as I hoped. Many connectivity issues with Canvas, this causes true have issues importing and exporting grade.

Glennda
E-Learning, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

I miss Skyward!

Kommentare: Skyward makes things easier: reports, emailing parent, emailing other teachers, emailing classes en mass, putting in grades, adding extra credit, tracking in general, and adding notes. It's just all easier in Skyward. I think this is one of the best LMS systems that I have used.

I loved how easy, once you learned the ropes, Skyward was to operate. It was literally my one stop shop. And now, I have 4 LMS systems that I use and this makes me miss the simplicity of Skyward.

The learning curve is steep, but once you learn, as a teacher, Skyward can make your life easier than doing everything on your own.

Antwort von Skyward

Glennda, thank you so much for the sparkling review. It's not often that we receive reviews from former customers. If and when you are ready to rejoin the Skyward family, we'll be waiting.

Damon
Blogger in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

My review of skyward

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with Skyward is pretty good. I don’t have any other complaints. Other than that annoying password reset thing that it does. Fix that and I would say you are completely perfect.

The user interfaces designed very well, and the ease of use is not notch. I was able to learn skyward within one day when I started working for the school district. So I would say that ease-of-use is by far my favorite part of the software.

Having to reset my password every couple of weeks is rather annoying. If we could fix that, I would really appreciate it. I don’t like having to call tech-support to reset my password every two weeks to one month.

Antwort von Skyward

We appreciate your feedback, Damon. The password reset issue is something that your administrator should be able to adjust in the settings, however some customers prefer to have people reset them more often for security reasons.

Davida
Data & Applictions System Specialist in USA

Top of the Line

Kommentare: I always describe Skyward as a top of the line SIS. Skyward has been wonderful to work with and an asset to our district. We love giving our staff one stop shopping for data. We also know our parents and students have come to rely on Family/Student Access for up-to-date information. We find the system easy to use and has features and functionality that is always on the cutting edge.

Very easy to use for all levels. Skyward holds an abundant amount of data so we can use it in my areas in the school district.

There is sometimes a longer wait then expected to hear from customer service.

Antwort von Skyward

Hi Davida, thank you for the kind words and for all the amazing things you are doing in Walled Lake! We'll keep working to deliver a better experience both in the product and in the support we offer for it.

Natasha
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

With Skyward, the sky's the limit!

Kommentare: My experience with SKYWARD has been great. I use it daily to keep attendance, grades, and contact info for all my students.

I love that I can easily access information about all of my students in one location. From parent contact info to the student's transcripts, I have easy access to anything I might need.

There is nothing that I do not like about the software. It is super user-friendly and easy to use.

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks for your great review Natasha. We never grow tired of hearing how Skyward is helping to make teachers' lives a little easier.

Mary
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Using Skyward as both a teacher and a parent

It is self-explanatory in most cases. I can figure out on my own how to create a report, post a grade........

It is date driven. So if school is canceled, IT has to change the dates in the programming.

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks for your feedback Mary. It's always great to hear from Skyward users that are both educators and parents. We hope the rest of your school year goes well and enjoy your summer.

Patti
Secretary in USA

Patti St. Charles High School

Kommentare: When my district converted to Skyward, some of the training sessions were not as informative as we would have liked. Now that we are a few years into using the software, most of us have come to appreciate all that can be done. It continues to be a learning process. Many of the "features & functions" are real time savers.

Reports that are time savers.

Some settings are at deep levels that are difficult to find and use.

Antwort von Skyward

Glad to hear you're saving time with Skyward, Patti! We have a number of training and development resources available that might help with the learning curve. Check out https://www.skyward.com/discover/educator-newsletter-blog/july-2015/know-your-skyward-training-options

Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Needs to Function Better

Kommentare: I would like a more user friendly student/parent management system. I feel like there are still many bugs that need to be worked out even though they have been around forever.

Skyward has many features & can be accessed on any device pretty much.

The ability to have buttons to go to next page on the screen- Many times this some how not happening. All options aren't able to be clicked or saved. You have to fill out forms multiple times. Gradebook format gets thrown off. Needs to be easier to use even after 12 years having to use it.

Cortney

Easy Gradebook

I use this for attendance, looking up student information, and for a gradebook. The gradebook is very user friendly and easy to use.

The messaging center feature could use some improvements. It is not easy to respond to emails within this platform.

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks for the feedback Cortney. Making sure our attendance, gradebook, and other features for teachers in the classrooms is always a priority for our product team.

AMANDA
Owner/Teacher in USA

I can keep track of children and how they are doing in school.

Kommentare: Keeping up with my children school progress.

I love being able to log in and see how my child is doing in high school by each class. You can see missing assignments, test scores and quizzes. The teachers and the school can also contact me through skyward.

It can be confusing to use when you first start using it, but it gets easier and easier the more you use it.

Antwort von Skyward

Thanks so much for the kind review, Amanda. We're happy to see you're getting the most out of Family Access!

Jayne
Technology Director in USA

Skyward is our school district's SIS.

Skyward is a very powerful product. We have used it for 15+ years and I am still finding useful features. Anytime I have an issue, support is punctual and extremely helpful to solve my issue.

Skyward can be very daunting because it is so powerful. It is semi-userfriendly, but the interface looks stark and cold.

Antwort von Skyward

Much appreciated, Jayne. Thank you! We think we've addressed those interface concerns with our new Qmlativ product.

Lisa
Coordinator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Review

Fairly easy to for employees for time sheets, request time off, payroll information and history. Employees can see payroll, time sheets, and personal records. Request reimbursement for expenses. Admin uses it for record keeping of employee information

The steps to request expense reimbursement is lengthy and not easy for employees that use it occassionally.