Filtern nach:

Über PRTG Network Monitor

PRTG ist eine Windows-basierte Lösung zur Messung von Netzwerkverkehr sowie -nutzung und Überwachung der Verfügbarkeit von Netzwerkkomponenten.

Erfahre mehr über PRTG Network Monitor

Florian G.
Florian G.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

That really made my Day!

Kommentare: First of all: Actually (April 2016) the product is free for up to 100 Sensors! I was searching for an easy solution to monitor the internetconnection of one of my customers from outside. They sporadically experienced strange bandwidth problems and the cable provider didn't solve the problem within months. So while searching for an easy to install and use monitoring (simple ping) solution I found PRTG from Paessler in Nuremberg. I 've heard of it before as the Windows based alternative to Nagios. What can I say: I expected a solid Dice Game and ended up in Las Vegas! Installed withing minutes on a small Celeron machine running Windows 7. This runs the core Server and the Probe. You create Groups within the Windows (or Browserbased) Desktop. Within those Groups you create Devices and Sensors (Ping, HTTP, FTP, NTP, SIP, SMTP, SNMP Switch Traffic, ... and I'd say hundreds of others) at Locations you can define and are shown on a map. A configurable HTTPS allows secure Browser and mobile APP access. I use the one for my Windows phone that shows me my favorite (customer) Sensors directly. Automatically scan your Network (that might create a lot of Devices and Sensors, especially when you are using SNMP ready Switches, but don't worry, just pause them before you run out of your licenses). Monitor Switch Traffic if you wonder how long the Windows 10 updates disturb your other Machines. You can install remote Probes in other networks to monitor them and still collect all data on one central monitoring server. PS: In the end, the cable provider changed the modem after I sent them several times very clear screenshots from PRTG where you could see the 1800 ms echos all three weeks instead of 32 ms the rest of the time.

Very good structure and overview of your devices and systems load, usage, availability and traffic Easy install and use. No deep knowledge of MIB, RMON, LINUX or SNMP necessary Free for small environments Very Flexible (google 'prtg netatmo' for an impression :) Be aware and informed about uprising problems (Mail, SMS, Mobile) You literally see what your users experience

Really! I have been thinking, but didn't find that much. Rather ... nothing? OK, one: you need a Windows system. That might be an issue for some.

Reski A.
Information Technology in Indonesien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

PRTG is simplified my work Everyday.

Kommentare: PRTG can do Monitor all systems, devices, traffic and applications of your IT infrastructure.
Everything you need, and don't expect more for custom weekly / monthly reports

This is the Recommended software that I often use to monitor or improve the Information Technology infrastructure. Very easy to install, user friendly and supports mobile devices. It can detect our problems quickly. We can check all critical Service Application components on the bus :)

This software does not yet have a weekly custom report for audit needs, so we do a manual retrieval :(

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Network Performance Monitor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PRTG Network Monitor: Budget, Easy to install, user friendly and supports mobile devices

Dear Reski, thank you for leaving us a review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Chris A.

Zero customer support / loyalty

Kommentare: I have been a longtime customer of PRTG 7+ yrs now. I contact them about once a year for little things I run into with the program. This time around they refuse to help, beyond basic email support in the middle of the night. If you want a program that provides support this isn't the product for you. If you are in the US the best you get is email support and they usually only respond while you are sleeping. Don't expect them to go out of the way for you. PRTG has wasted 2+ hrs fighting with me on fixing something their software caused, something they could likely fix in a 5min phone call. After paying them for support all this time I am done with this company, they are a scam!

Great for monitoring bandwidth usage or finding health problems/over utilization of resources. All using the SNMP protocol.

Support, they don't provide much beyond an KB article or emails in the middle of the night.

letztes Jahr

We're sorry to hear about your frustration and that our support has not lived up to your expectations. We always try to give you the best possible support in case of problems. Kind regards, Paessler AG

Zandre K.
Network Support Engineer in Südafrika
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Network Monitoring Master

Kommentare: The platform allows you to easily communicate to customers regarding the fault/s being investigated. This software use to be the preferred monitoring for our core environment.

This software allows the user to monitor a wide variety of different sensors on a large scale customizable equipment spec. The graphs are easily manipulated and can benefit the user by visualizing the fault/issue being investigated.

My company has since parted with the software due to other systems being more cost affective however, I still believe it should be good value for your buck considering the features are getting.

Ivan B.
Head of server and network infrastructure in Kroatien
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

PRTG monitoring software

Kommentare: We are monitoring our complete infrastructure, from network switches and routers, over servers to virtualized infrastructure and storage's.

Helped us many time with alert so our infrastructure did not go down.

I would like more vendor specific alerts to be included like Fortinet,

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: SysAid

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PRTG Network Monitor: Better GUI, more stable application, easy to use and less hardware resources needed. Better probe for automatic search.

Antwort von Paessler

Dear Ivan, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Cheers, Paessler AG

Atahualpa R.
Atahualpa R.
Development Project Manager in Venezuela

Prtg is a software of easy use and allows to monitor and study the traffic of the network.

Kommentare: PRTG is very useful for statistical studies of the behavior of the network, since it keeps historical daily, weekly, monthly and annual, this allows to carry out a detailed and accurate planning, we can also evaluate how a marketing and sales campaign impacts on the links of our network and see if the end customers are making more use of our services.

It allows configuring any network element, only with IP address, MIB an OID, and we can monitor from electrical signals, CPU indicators, RAM / ROM memory, UpLink traffic parameters, DownLink, pack discards, traffic overflow and loss. as well as the dating of data, with this indicators, our network is monitored 365 days a year. Generally in ISPs it is used as a statistical traffic tool which allows to make growth projections in the links of the network of providers, as well as a guide to evaluate post impact work in the network of the ISP company.

ls disadvantages of PRTG are few, however we must be aware that it is not a monitoring software in real time, it interrogates the network element every 5 minutes, and there is an additional time so we should not use it as a ractive failure tool.

Irakli G.
Irakli G.
Network Administrator in Georgien
Öl & Energie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Good product

Kommentare: Good solution for monitoring network performance. You can customize dashboard as you need, create sensors which you need and it happens very easy. Everything works without any bugs. Strongly recommend.

- Very good and intuitive interface. - Possibility of creation of huge amount of sensors. - Has big quantity of features. For example, Syslog, NetFlow. - Possibility of creations very customizable Dashboards.

- Price per-sensor is quite high - Not all necessary sensors are built in. For example, BGP peering sensors.

vor 10 Monaten

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review! We love hearing about how you are using it. We are continuing to develop PRTG and you will be able to use all new sensors in the future without additional licensing costs. Thank you for recommending us! Cheers, Paessler AG

Felipe L.
Felipe L.
Analista de telecomunicaciones in Venezuela
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent tool to monitor and classify the bandwidth of the network.

Kommentare: I use PRTG on a daily basis in the company, which has helped me to quickly and easily verify the behavior of the network and that I can view it from anywhere via the web.

* I can know what applications are causing high traffic. * I like the simplicity of its interface, which allows me to configure the monitoring sensors, as well as create reports of bandwidth usage for each one. * The web interface with the I can give access to the visualization of the graphics and tables to the other members of my telecommunications team.

PRTG is a software that I use daily and continuously in my work as a network analyst and I have not been inconvenienced, just keep improving it every day. The only thing I can suggest is that they launch a native version for Linux systems.

Jack A.
Engineer in Libanon
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

PRTG is very robust product for network monitoring and alerting

Kommentare: Good software for network and devices monitoring with custom sensors capability and notification.

Very good features to monitor and probe network devices for uptime and alerts. Ticketing system and Notification system. Overall good product and gives needed visibility.

Interface could use a refresh to be more modern. Needs some time to get used to managing.

vor 9 Monaten

Dear Jack, Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community! Cheers, Paessler AG

Jim K.
It in USA
Maschinerie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great for monitoring all IT resources.

Kommentare: It has been a great asset to our monitoring of web server performance. We can identify anomalies and act on them quicker than waiting for someone to call or put in a Help Desk ticket.

Real time graphs keep you informed of performance. You can also see graphs over a time period to review performance over time.

Auto import and network detection when first setting up can cause a massive network traffic. If you run it with the CMD line, you can limit network traffic and only import devices you need to monitor.

David S.
IT tech in UK
Personalwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The software you want monitoring your network

Kommentare: Fantastic, we can proactively monitor connections and equipment, often we are working on fixing it before the end users know it is broken

Easy to use, reliable, can email or text about alerts, can execute scripts etc. Able to monitor snmp, pings, https and all sorts of things.

It is licensed by sensor, so you can easily run out of you monitor everything, you'll need to be careful to only monitor what you need to

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Spiceworks

Warum PRTG Network Monitor gewählt wurde: Ease of use

Zuvor genutzte Software: RMM

Antwort von Paessler

Dear David, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We are happy that PRTG supports you and your team that well. Cheers, Paessler AG

Irfan A.
Deputy Manager in Pakistan
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Network & Bandwidth Monitoring Tool

Kommentare: Good Product to monitor your networks but for huge network its not sufficient, but for normal networks its good to notify and other feature are very good i-e up time, alert system and cluster fail-over solutions ,
in the last PRTG interface must be need improvments.

Its a Simple Software to Monitor Network and bandwidth user, application wise. Monitoring & Manage all applications in details statistics in network, Correct Up-time/downtime for devices. *Flexible alerting (different types or Alert are available in this product) Cluster fail-over solution

Interface is no good and creating huddles in configurations, automatically connection between links is unavailable. Cluster fail-over solution not so good.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Nagios XI

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PRTG Network Monitor: Pricing licensing

Thank you for leaving us a review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Jeremiah S.
Director of Technology in USA

Great monitoring software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: we use this on a daily basis to monitor disk space, memory usage, and cpu load for various servers and machines. the dashboards with clear warnings combined with email notifications give us a clear picture of trouble spots.

The free version of PRTG network monitor that comes with 100 sensors allows you to do an in-depth analysis of the sensors available, notifications, architecture, monitoring capabilities etc... to determine if it meets your company's needs. The graphical interfaces, intuitive dashboards, and ease of setup and creating templates and inheritance across devices and types allows for easy use and administration.

it can get expensive the more devices and sensors you continue to add to the platform so use your trial to evaluate wisely how you will implement and for what types of devices. the auto discovery can be nice but also tends to clutter up things.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are happy that you are enjoying PRTG and we love hearing about how you are using it. Cheers, Paessler AG

Ryan F.
I.T Officer in Guyana
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

PRTG Feature and Functionality in summary

Kommentare: The application has helped us monitor all types of equipment and proactively resolve issues early.

This monitoring application has helped us stay on track of what is happening at every corner and for every device on our network, from Storage to network, security and usage statistics and notifications for each, this application has saved us many times in restoring and fixing problems before they get noticed by end users. From our desk and our our phones using the app, we can monitor and get visibility into many device types, including Cisco, Linux, storage systems, Microsoft operating systems just to name a few, with thousands of sensors to choose from. Very powerful and constantly improving.

While just a few sensors were not performing well, like the Ping 30 for Cisco 1900 routers, PRTG has constantly released new updates that once applied, these issues are rectified.

Hi Ryan, Thank you for your review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Senior Service Engineer in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Know when there's a problem before the end users start calling

Kommentare: We monitor customer routers that we service and their ISP gateways. We can find out rather quickly when a customer goes down, or when a customer is having an issue with just the router, and we do not have to be actively doing it ourselves. We are just notified when there's an issue and jump in and start resolving right it away.

It tells me when there is a problem without much overhead on my part, and it puts me ahead of the game before end users start notifying me there is a problem. Its a pretty great feeling being able to call the end user up and tell them that you have already detected a problem and that you were actively working on before they have gotten around to notify you there was even an issue.

It takes some time to set up and configure the software. Its not as intuitive as I'd like it to be, but its entirely manageable. You just need to invest the time to learn it get it working the way you want and then from that point on its a breeze.

Thank for your review!

Mauricio A.
Business Manager in Kolumbien

Top five monitor app for IT departments on SMB and corporations 24/7 365 days.

Kommentare: Most of my clients are SMB and need a free option to monitor his IT devices, with a free option it's easier.

-The free version allows up to 100 sensors to be included on his interface. This feature helps allot of companies IT departments to monitor and compare without limitations. -Easy installation process for core app, available for SNMP devices (almost every tech device has this option). -Add devices for a monitor it's easier than other competitors because its agent less and his auto discover feature make deployment process fast and secure. -Available as web interface with every OS and app for the most important devices (iOS and Android).

-User guide needs to be adapted for none IT users. -Reports need an experienced partner to customize executive options. -Customer Support it's not the best part of this company, sometimes take days to solve an issue that would take minutes on other monitoring software.

Matteo T.
CIO in Österreich
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Best monitoring solution I know our there

Kommentare: with PRTG we can relax and react quickly when something goes wrong in our infrastructure. all in all it a great investment!

This software is quite easy and intuitive to set up and use. We have done the installation on our own and have been since then really happy with it. PRTG scans our infrastructure and notifies immediately when something goes wrong. Whenever we install new systems, we look at PRTG and set some basic sensors for each important service, and we are all set. it's a work of a few minutes, you can get most needs coevered with little effort

the web based UI is much better now, but could still be improved a bit in the usability. selecting multiple objects is a bit awkward and not intuitive. some sensors are buggy and we have stopped using them. but that's only a very low percentage of the total

Hi Matteo, Thank you for your review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Scott J.
Senior Systems Administrator in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Robust and reliable monitoring solution

Kommentare: This is your one stop shop for a monitoring solution. Best value and most functionality all in one package.

Very wide variety of sensors for monitoring of various applications from SQL servers to custom scripts to ping to SNMP and WMI. Can be configured in a distributed configuration to spread out the load that the sensors place on a monitoring server or to consolidate WAN traffic between the central host and branch offices. Can be setup in a cluster for ultra high capacity server. Very robust selection of reports available with the ability to create custom reports. Beautiful Android client with push notifications. If you are looking for a monitoring solution this need be your one and only stop.

Support can be a little slow to respond often taking a day to respond via email. Only Windows hosts can be used as full sensor probes.

Mark T.
Network Admin in Kanada
Metallabbau, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

PRTG Great but missing some features for scale

Kommentare: For network monitoring, daily use and ad-hoc to solve specific problems this software is perfect - you wont find a better all in one tool that is as easy to use as this tool.

PRTG has a lot of customization ability and can monitor almost anything with the right know how. From very simple stuff like SNMP to script based monitoring and alerting this software can do anything. The reporting and alerting are great and does the job very weel.

The scale of the program is not the best at time. Unless you have a full licenses to monitor anything you must be "choosy" as to what you monitor. In addition executing the same monitor over and over is not easy to do "automatically" or via scripting like other tools so it can get cumbersome.

Antwort von Paessler

Dear Mark, thank you for taking the time leaving us a review! Have you heard about our feature request? [https://bit.ly/2ZkfLp1] Cheers, Paessler AG

Jason A.
Senior Director of IT in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

PRTG Rocks!

Kommentare: Overall, PRTG rocks! The customer service is fantastic. It's very configurable and once you learn the basic setup it's easy to set up new systems and services.

PRTG network monitor works wonderfully. They have a wide range of monitoring elements, from SNMP to SQL Server checks. The software auto updates which is great and I've configured it to send me monthly reports on downtime for certain systems. The general reporting is great and I can keep a lot of uptime history on all my systems and services.

PRTG takes a little bit to get set up and dialed in to operate efficiently but it's worth the time. If you don't have the parent-child relationships configured correctly it's easy to get bombarded with messages of downtime.

Hi Jason, Thank you for your review! We love our PRTG fans. Cheers, Paessler AG

Umair ali K.
Umair ali K.
Senior Network Administrator in Pakistan
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

All in one NMS

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: it is a great tool for monitoring your infrastructure and the support is also great.
the only issue is when you need to migrate the server to a new machine. it is difficult and error prone.

it has support for all monitoring protocols. it has builtin templates for most commonly used devices. it has a tree like structure in which devices can be arranged and connected to each other in a hierarchy. the magic map feature is a great option to view entire network at a glance.

the free version has very less number of nodes supported and it should be increased. it does not support netflow with juniper srx devices. migrating a server to a new system or VM is very complex and lengthy.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for leaving us a review! In the free version there are 100 sensors available. It has the full functionality of the commercial version. Feel free and get in contact with our support@paessler.com team for further assistance. Cheers, Paessler AG

Pedro K.
T.I. analyst in Brasilien
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

PRTG it Life!

Kommentare: Basically, PRTG and life! System extremely simple to install and customize, has a very beautiful interface, and most importantly the set of tools that it after boarded and very functional, it is not only with the simple network monitoring, it comes with perpendicular level of the fall of devices, integration of the native sms of the application, alert via email. One of the best things he does and the channel splitting within the sensors that the device has.
Now what really is unbelievable in it, and its mapping system that gives 1000 to 0 in its competitors, is ridiculously easy to assemble map is also very simple and practical to customize them for operation.
In summary PRTG ends up being more than a simple tool tool.

Easy installation, extremely low learning curve, highly customizable, best category map editor, simple and clean appearance.

Really does not have many cons ... Its only disadvantage and not having support for running on linux.

Antwort von Paessler

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review! Cheers, Paessler AG

William B.
Assistant Technology Coordinator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

PRTG Saves the Day

Kommentare: Overall, PRTG has helped save our schools district a lot of potential downtime when we didn't even know that there was an issue. If you need a network monitor, I suggest PRTG.

This software makes it very easy to determine if any node is down on our network. It also has TONS of additional features to monitor bandwidth usage, CPU usage, memory usage, etc., on each node selected if desired. It makes it very simple to know when a server, switch, or wireless AP is down in a matter of seconds with it's email push feature.

This software is quite difficult to grasp. Since it has SO many features, it also has tons of options to set, but can be picked up by an IT admin in a couple hours if time and effort is put forth.

Antwort von Paessler

Hi William, Thank you for your review of PRTG! Our blog is a great way to stay on top of various monitoring topics and the latest features of PRTG. https://blog.paessler.com/ Cheers, Greg Ross

Donovan S.
IT Manager in Südafrika
Unternehmensberatung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best network monitor availalbe

Kommentare: PRTG Network Monitor has helped me keep tabs on a large network of offices. It is certainly good value for money and very accurate. I love being able to see at glance what is happening on my network and still have the ability to drill down in to the most smallest of detail.

The setup of the monitor is very easy, allowing you to customise the deployment and scanning options. There are so many different sensors available you will be certain to find the one you need.

It can be overwhelming to see all of the sensors when you do an auto-scan, you just need to realise that you probably don't need to monitor them all and it's better to rather pick and choose the ones that most relevant to your need.

Thanks for your review Donovan! Cheers, Paessler AG

Ian M.
Operations Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Versatile Tool for Network Monitoring

Kommentare: Overall, this is a very good tool that has all the functionality of some of the more expensive products without the inflated price tag. I would definitely recommend that any Network Administrator looking for a good monitoring tool give this a try before purchasing something that costs twice as much.

I like the variety of alerting features as well as the visualizations available in the dashboard. You can easily produce executive level graphs to analyze trends across your network devices. The ability to customize which processes on each device to monitor makes this tool even more handy.

While this is an overall excellent product, it can be a little bit clunky to get setup. Also, until you get the alerting tuned right where you want it, it can be a little bit noisy as far as generating emails go.

Antwort von Paessler

Dear Ian, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review! Cheers, Paessler AG