Google Hangouts Erfahrungen

Über Google Hangouts

Webkonferenz-Tool, das Unternehmen dabei unterstützt, die Kollaboration über Instant Messaging, Sprach-/Videoanrufe oder Gruppengespräche zu rationalisieren.

Erfahre mehr über Google Hangouts

Maximum 25 callers join a business or education group. Its best for low businesses which can enjoy its benefits at low cost.

The only real issue I've experience while using google hangouts, is their seems to be a lot of scam artists using the app.

Bewertungen zu Google Hangouts

Google Hangouts hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 272 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Google Hangouts bereits verwendet?

Alexandra
Selbstständig in Deutschland
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Nettes chatprogramm

Kommentare: Ich kann beim Arbeiten schnell auch per Chat mit meinen Kunden und Partnern kommunizieren. Und das live.

Ich finde gut, dass es beim Emailpostfach ist. Dort kann man Google Hangout sehr gut erkunden. Es ist ein niedliches Programm.

Es gibt viele Anfragen von fragwürdigen Quellen, die ich gar nicht kenne.

Demian
Demian
IT Director - Artificial Intelligence in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Communication and collaboration.

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We have been using this tool for many years and it has always worked well for us, as it allows us to organize meetings and chat with colleagues in private or in groups.
It helps us to be in constant communication and to send documents, audio and video files to each other.

It is easy to use, allows me to organize meetings and share screen with my colleagues. The sound and video quality are very good. It is free.

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Yanick
Yanick
CEO Manager in Kamerun
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Proven track record in its field

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Excellent synchronizer on different operating systems. Offers a very good customer experience Instant and flexible messaging

No trial version Not enough features and very limited

Grace
BD in Singapur

Hangouts is now replaced by Chat

2,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: RIP Hangouts. You were limited in features but simple was somehow better. Your successor in its current iteration is an annoying arriviste

The font UI is better on Chat than Hangouts. Google app so it's easy to msg Google/Gmail contacts. Free. That's it

TBH, this would not even be on my list of chat apps if I had a choice, but certain work situations require it. Sigh. What's lacking? Can't see if read/unread. Replying specific message is impossible, but you can manually copy, put in ```quotedtext``` to quote in a very unaesthetic monospaced font display. Emojis are a multi-step selection process unless you somehow memorise the text shortcuts for less basic ones like :( On desktop if you use the chat sidebar in Gmail, it will take up your full Gmail inbox space OR pop up into a little window that's way too small by default and stuck to the bottom of the screen — this is a massive UX irritation if you need to arrange your windows/tabs in a certain way for quick switching between apps for work. Would seriously suggest Google allows free floating chat windows in Gmail. And get rid of the INSTANT contact popup when hovering mouse over the chat threads – set it to like a long hover or right click for goodness sake

Moustafa Medhat
Moustafa Medhat
Student in Ägypten
Medizinische Geräte, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

My Review of Google Hangouts

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience with Google Hangouts is very good. I use it for my official meetings.

I like the interface of Google Hangouts. It is very simple and user-friendly. I like the ability to share my screen while meeting others. Also, I like that I can create groups on Google Hangouts with no limit of members.

I can't choose a virtual background during video calls which is not good especially if I am in an official meeting. Also, Google Hangouts doesn't support using whiteboards during meetings.

Intern in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A past time

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Google Hangouts provided a very simple and easy to use platform to communicate with team members all in a single place. It was light-weight and easy to use and did not require a lot of set-up.

The light-weight set up also made Google Hangouts less than ideal for setting up large teams working on different projects. Since each one had to be a different chat, many of them would be mixed together.

Rodrigo
Rodrigo
Director of Cyber Security in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Videoconferencing and instant chat.

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Hangouts is a very important platform in the development of our projects as it allows us to work collaboratively and connect with colleagues and external partners.
It is a tool that allows us to organize video or audio meetings and communicate via instant chat.

I find it a complete and stable tool, it allows us to send documents securely and organize conferences with several speakers. Being a Google tool, contacts are quickly integrated.

There is nothing I dislike, it is quite versatile and stable.

Sales in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Google Hangouts one of my favorite way to keep in touch with family and kids

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall I've had great experiences communicating with family and friends, I've used it for over 10 years and seamlessly go from one device to the other on Google Hangouts without any problem.

Synchronized between all your devices Internet VOIP Live Chat Instant Messaging

I never really had problems with Google Hangouts

Consultant in Indien
E-Learning, Selbstständig

I really like Google Hangouts

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

A good tool for any user like Google Hangouts can also be used as a chatting application instead of just web conferencing.

Nothing much to tell about its cons cause I'm still using Google Hangouts and didn't faced any issues yet.

Jessie
Customer Service Representative in Kanada

Google Hangouts is so great for quick messaging!

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

I love how simple and concise this software is to use. I use it daily within the office to contact my fellow employees if I need a quick answer.

It is very extremely limited in features as it is more meant for personal use.

Medical Student in Jamaika
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

One of The Original Instant Messaging Softwares

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

It’s free and easy to use. Allows for conferencing or messaging as you see fit.

The deployment to teams can be a bit limited as not many others use it anymore.

Aminuddin
Aminuddin
Information Technology Manager in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple instant chat software

Kommentare: Having a simple quick messenger is really improving my work progress and letting me and my team to connect quickly to collaborate on task quickly. Wonderful experience is all that i can said.

Google Hangouts is free to use and comes with Gmail account. I can create and join multiple chat group to help me separating from work group chat and personal and social group chat. Another thing that i like is, it can be easily accessed from my smartphone as i mostly only have my smartphone when i am out from office.

What i like the least with Google Hangouts is, it has limitation on file size that can be sent thru the software. I can only sent and attach a maximum of 200MB file size, and need to switch to other file transfer software to sent a file that sized more than 200MB. Other than that, this software is very helpful in connecting me and my colleague.

Dlamini Percis
Dlamini Percis
Lecturer in Südafrika
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Google Hangouts Review

Kommentare: I have first-hand experience with using Google Hangouts (Classic). I use it daily for local and international communication, chats groups, audio, and video calls. Specifically, I use Google Hangouts for my meetings, lecturers and conference presentations regardless of time and location constraints. It has been a highly effective platform for one-on-one and group interaction. Besides, Google Hangouts is compatible with iOS and Android apps. I highly recommend Google Hangouts for individual, professional and business use.

Google Hangouts is an integrated communication app that allows users to make calls, send messages, and attend video conferences. I use Google Hangouts (Classic) for my lectures, departmental, faculty and international communication. Setting up Google meeting is easy, even from a shared work calendar. As a lecturer, I communicate effectively and remotely with my students, particularly during the COVID -19 pandemic because social distancing is a norm. Google Hangouts also has a user-friendly interface, launched from a web browser, with buttons for calls, video, instant messenger, messenger and chats. It also allows for seamless integrating with other apps, Google Docs or Drive and can be launched from Gmail.

I have not encountered problems with Google Hangouts yet.

Edin
Edin
Guest Services in USA
Gastgewerbe, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Hangouts is one of the best chat apps ouththere

Kommentare: The options provided in Google Hangouts are just great. It is a simple to use chat / communication app with options for private chat, private call, business chat, group chat or conference calls. It has been used on daily basis by me and my colleagues and it never fails us.

The simplicity and ease of access of Google Hangouts is just amazing. It is integrated into the Google's package and it is very easy to use and get used to. The amount of people using any of the google products is incredibly high, therefore it is easy to reach to anyone via the Google Hangouts. A great addition for private and business use!

The only thing that might be noted as a con or a down side is the way that the mobile App acts sometimes, as it does not load that easily from time to time and sometimes it opens, freezes and closes again so it has to be re-started in order for it to work smoothly.

Andrew
Campaign & Creative Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Google Hangouts Review

Kommentare: Overall, Hangouts has been invaluable for our business during COVID. Technical difficulties are rare and if they do happen to pop up, they are easily fixed and never long-lasting. It has been an extremely valuable tool for us.

Google Hangouts (along with Google Chat) has made it effortless to connect with our teams around the globe and makes video conferencing super easy and efficient. It's ease of use and functionality make it more preferable than Zoom, which has often been glitchy or difficult for some members to use. Especially during COVID, Hangouts makes video conferencing extremely simple and has allowed our team to stay in contact while also allowing us to get facetime with clients who we usually see on a monthly basis. That face-to-face interaction is invaluable to our business and helps us maintain and build relationships despite not being able to meet in person.

There is little to dislike about Hangouts, but I would like to see more features and functionality to boost the software overall. Since Hangouts is so easy to use, it'd be nice to have a variety of features that are more advanced and integrated into Google's suite of products. For example, if on a Hangout call, users could easily have access to Google Drive, Docs, or Sheets to quickly send files and to share amongst the team in a more seamless fashion.

Fadiah
Fadiah
Human Resources Assistant in Malaysia
Bankwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Increase team communication effectiveness

The fact that Google has integrated hangouts directly into your email page makes it appear to be more user-friendly, even to those who have never used it previously. I appreciate that I can post messages and get alerts promptly. You may even hold team meetings from one central location—technology at its most advanced.

While utilizing workspace, I haven't delved into the Google Hangouts part of things yet. It has been brought to my attention that the price is a bit unclear. If the designers could provide a better choice to integrate all of these aspects into one and make it so that the cost can be identified, we would most likely employ it on the business side.

Hafizah
Hafizah
Assistant Manager Business Development in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Free communication platform

Kommentare: Me and my team use it to have a quick chat between us. We are happy to use it daily.

Google Hangouts is a free communication platform that have a a quite a good feature like private messenger and video call. I can add my colleague to the contact list from their Gmail account and it will gives the current status of them if the are available or offline.

I feel that this software is quite basic and not too many tools are available to customized it. The smartphone version is constantly crash and had to restart my phone every time the software is crashing. The software has no newly additional feature and i afraid it will be obsolete.

Adra Safiya
Adra Safiya
Human Resources Recruitment Assistant in Malaysia
Einzelhandel, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Team communication with Google Hangouts

In my experience, Google Hangouts is fairly easy to use for team communication, or with anyone on my contact list. It will automatically shown which user is available in real-time and user don't need to change their availability status when they login to the application. File sharing also work flawlessly.

This software is rebranded to Google Chat, and with it, some of the feature that it used to has have been removed or reallocated. Video call are now separated to Google Meet, which mean we have to use another software to have a video call. It would be better if they keep everything on one place.

Lena
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Google hangouts is ok software for business

Kommentare: For the software to be free, it is decent to use. The features that are offered work well and reliably, so you can be confident using the messaging, chat, or video calls for your business. I would have liked to been able to record and live stream though. The recordings are so important for employees that miss meetings or for tracking our clients pets while in the facility.

I like that it is free and easy to use. The chat and video feature is great for having meetings without everyone present.

I really don’t like that you can not screen share or record your meetings. The live steaming feature is absent as well.

Venkanna
Venkanna
Seller Partner Support in Indien
Verbraucherdienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The most Underrated messenger

Kommentare: I love hangouts. I believe this app and it is a Secured one. But team need to concentrate more on some issues. Still this app is the most Underrated app and I want hangouts team to look into these technical issues.

I love using hangouts. I suggest using this app due to following reasons: 1. This is more secured chat app than many 2. Easy to connect 3. Meetings are easier here as this is integrated with google 4. Smileys, GIF's and emotes which are funny and can enjoy using them 5. Switching voice call to video and vice-versa. this is the first app to introduce this feature

1.The call timer wont stop immediately, I encounter this glitch after I end the call and this is sometimes irritating too. 2. Sending Voice notes. I hope this function will be added soon and I bet the usage of this app will increase with this one feature. 3. One more difficulty with hangouts I face is with ringtones, I could not change ringtone of calling and notification on Realme 5 pro. 4. Sometimes i need to uninstall the app and reinstall as it keep on popping up "the app isn't responding"

Shannon
Writer & Editor in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

A lightweight alternative to Zoom

It's easy to use and doesn't require launching an whole new program given that most people have Gmail open in tab during work hours. For that reason, it's my go-to video chatting tool. The integration into Google Calendar is also handy.

It's not nearly as feature-rich as some alternatives. It won't replace your need for a tool like Zoom or WebEx, but it is a nice alternative for quick calls.

Dispatch department manager in USA
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Best way to stay linked

Kommentare: Besides the phase out it was my go to chat and text and calling source with Google voice and it kept me able to work and stay in contact with work and personal life

Up until this year Google had Google voice and Hangouts integrate so incoming calls and texts for voice went to Hangouts. This kept everything organized and in one space. That's been phased out and Google is pushing for Google meet and chat to take over but besides that it's been my go to for over ten years now. You can keep your personal number private and have Hangouts be the business cover and still have everything go to one device if you choose.

It's very minimal on it's capabilities now that Google voice has been removed. You can't make calls without voice. Also the need to have a Gmail account can be frustrating if the person you want to talk to doesn't have Gmail, now that voice is removed. Google has basically said they are transitioning to meet and chat and will be phasing out Hangouts next year

Benjamin
Benjamin
Systems Engineer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best messaging software for users

Kommentare: I love the way that anyone in my circle can easily contact me and because it cab be installed on practically everything I never miss a message or contact.

The best part of this software is the ability to have it in use across multiple platforms. Cell Phone, Computer, tablet, etc. one-stop for making sure I am connected to those who need to contact me.

I have been using this software for a very long time and I honestly have not found anything lacking as far as daily use goes.

Glenn
Strategic Communications Specialist in Philippinen
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Chat and Meet, but little else

Kommentare: Good chat app for people in the Google ecosystem, but it is far from the best out there.

The default chat app in my office, as we work within the Google ecosystem. For me it is very serviceable, and its integration with Google Meet makes setting up online teleconferencing very fast and easy.

I find Hangouts a bit lacking in functionality, as we can only send each other text, links, and images. Adding a way to send actual documents, animated gifs, and even videos intuitively without having to place them first in Google Drive, would be most appreciated.

Karan
BDR in Indien

Spending half my day on this tool every working day - love it!

Kommentare: Can't imagine my work calendar without Google Hangouts/Meet - the most important collaboration tool during the virtual worklife!

The most simple and easy tool out there for online meetings, webinars, discussion, and interviews. The Google suite integration is addictive - you'll hate to use Zoom or Teams once you get used to this!

Consumes a lot of RAM even on a 16 GB machine. Shoots up the fan speed a lot. The limit on the number of participants per meeting is a little hindering. It prevents events/meetings with larger audiences.