Über Braintree

Online-Zahlungs-Gateway, mit dem Nutzer sichere E-Commerce-Transaktionen auf mobilen Plattformen und dem Desktop abwickeln können.

Erfahre mehr über Braintree

Using the API with my website was simple enough to set up and everything just works. Customer support is helpful when I had a query.

Setting up Braintree was difficult, in my opinion. Knowledge of API coding was required, and I had to hire a knowledgable developer to get this service integrated with my web site.

Bewertungen zu Braintree

3,6
3,8

Braintree hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 70 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Braintree bereits verwendet?

Karl
CEO in Deutschland
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Für Deutschland nicht zu gebrauchen

Kommentare: Kein Support erreichbar. Die deutsche Nummer funktioniert oft nicht und dient wohl auch nur als Weiterleitung ins Ausland. Trotz meines langjährigen Business Accounts bei Paypal und meines Kaffeehandels wurde die Accounteröffnung für Paypal Braintree für WooCommerce abgelehnt.
Womöglich weil der Shop eine nacht und einen Tag wegen Wechsels von Shopify zu WordPress/WooCommerce nicht aufrufbar war. Die Mail kam auch aus den USA nicht aus Deutschland. Lächerlich und unseriös.

Gar nichts, konnte diese nur einrichten aber nicht aktivieren.

nein

Olivia
Olivia
CEO in Kanada

Our favourite payment processor

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, Braintree is the superior payment processor in terms of value.

What I like the most about Braintree is its low fees and secure platform.

What I like the least is that it’s sometimes difficult to speak to a human to solve an issue. I also find the PayPal relationship confusing.

Maegan
AP / AR Specialist in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Pretty Good Software With Some Minor Quirks

Finding certain transactions is pretty easy, so it taking credit card payments. It does what it needs to.

This is a very minor issue in the grand scheme of it all, but you wouldn't believe how annoying and inconvenient it is. When taking a credit card payment, if you put a comma in the amount of the transaction (ie: $1,000 rather than $1000), it will not accept the transaction, and brings you back to the same page without the credit card number. It is the most infuriating thing I have ever encountered, and when you have a customer on the phone, asking them to repeat the CC number it is quite frustrating. We also can't connect BT to Netsuite so we have to manually enter credit card transactions.

Joseph
CTO in USA
Großhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Nearly every payment option... All In One!

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I have had a great experience overall. They fill the gap between the business owner and paypal, plus they offer integration with SO MANY other payment options. Being able to accept digital wallets is a very future focused offerring.

I really like the ability to accept so many payment options... Paypal, Venmo, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Credit/Debit... All from one platform!

The fees for gateways are a little higher than just a credit/debit card. But, the credit/debit fees are lower than pretty much everyone else.

Matyas
Head of Digital in Ungarn
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It's alright if you don't have a better available option

Kommentare: Quite frustrating.
We didn't have any other viable option available in our region for years so we had to work with Braintree, but from early on we were awaiting the day we could break free. This finally happened a few weeks ago. Thank you for helping our business accept online card payments in the last few years, but there are simply better options out there at this point.

When we started using Braintree in early 2019, it was the only available payment solution in our region that was integrated with the online reservation system we are using. So what we liked most was its availability to us, and we weren't too picky about the other aspects as long as it was usable, which it was. We recently discontinued the use of Braintree since another, better option became available in our region.

The software itself works okay but the security / anti-fraud settings that we had to apply were determined by Braintree based on the account activity. A year or two ago, we had one instance when someone was trying to use multiple cards during 1-2 days (possibly with crooked intentions) and as a result, we were obligated to change our security settings which are still in force today, and which resulted in that a number of honest customers weren't able to finish their booking since then: if they make 3 of any tpye of mistakes during the payment process, the card and/or email address are blocked for the transaction. Meanwhile, no suspicios activity has been seen on our account ever since the one incident. Our billing address changed in 2020 (!) and support was still not able to update it on the statements, it had something to do with a different intermediary partner that we had to use through Braintree because of our region (Hungary). We just gave up writing emails about it at some point. Being able to accept Amex cards through the software was also a painful process that took several weeks at the very least. Customer support is friendly but really slow in dealing with issues. We had numerous issues that took months (!) of emails to resolve, but I should also note that was during COVID times.

Azizah
Azizah
Office Management in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Good solutions for payment processor

Braintree is a trustworthy and straightforward online payment service. PayPal's accreditation bolsters the software's stature for safety and dependability. Membership invoicing solution that is both convenient and unrestricted on an international scale.

No in-house technical specialists control system implementation choices like Shopify integration. Hence, you must rely on 3rd party developers to install new elements or manage client connectivity circumstances.

Kate
Director in Australien
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Basic payment gateway

Kommentare: It worked as a payment gateway but other products offer more functionality and easier integration. Fees are fairly high considering it doesn't offer anything extra.

It operated as expected for a payment gateway

It had limited capabilities compare to other better know payment gateways.

Doug
Doug
Co-Owner. Web Video Production & Information Marketing. Business Development. Entrepreneur. in Kanada
Kunst & Handwerk, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Had To Hire A Developer To Integrate Braintree With My Site

Kommentare: The set up process took much longer than I expected.

About half of my customer base prefers using PayPal over direct credit card payments, so I chose to go with Braintree as my payment processor because they are a subsidiary of PayPal.

Theo
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Braintree Payments is a simple option for online payment processing

Online credit card payment processing for merchants is a tricky business. I've used several companies over the years and to me, the most annoying part is the alphabet soup of hidden, indecipherable fees that monthly statements contain. Braintree does away with that and charges the same rate for almost all payment types. Maybe there are slightly cheaper options but for me that simplicity and transparency is critical.

Their customer support is by e-mail only. Fortunately I almost never need it.

Guillaume
Guillaume
CTO in Frankreich
Einzelhandel, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Only good point :Easy Integration with Paypal

The only positive point I have seen with braintree is the easy integration with Paypal

So much con :- Customer sucess is very poor : not able to understand our problem- SDK not compatible with modern technology (React Native)- Debugging is a nightmare : log access is a real pain

Janet
Supply Chain Manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Braintree Is an Exceptional Solution for Online Payments

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

For exceptional online payments, we always choose Braintree. Braintree has been so reliable.

I like the amazing features of Braintree. Braintree is flawless.

Stuart
CEO in Spanien
Kunst & Handwerk, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Run away from Braintree as fast as you can

Kommentare: One day our settlements from Braintree just stopped. Our money just stopped! And Braintree simply could not care less. When we eventually got hold of someone (they do not have telephone customer support, only telephone sales), they told us they would look into it, but they could make any guarantees of when it would be resolved. They failed to grasp this was our money, and we were their customer. They said they were trying to help, like they were doing us a favour. In reality they were doing nothing to resolve the matter. It is a serious business handling money on behalf of other people. It requires trust, diligence and professionalism. Braintree demonstrated that they have none of the above, and if you value your sanity as a business owner , then do not use them. This was the worst experience I have ever had with any company, anywhere. There is no SLA, and all the time they were in breach of their own contract, and yet they just did not care. They said it was out of their hands, as they use a banking partner for settlements in the EU.

The fact that the payment fields integrate directly into our checkout. This is pretty standard now, but back when we first started using them 7 years ago, Braintree was the only one that enabled this.

The software is fine, however the customer service is completely non-existent. That is a huge issue for a payments company. They provide the oxygen for your business, the cash flow. If there is an issue, they could not care less about it.

Goma
Marketing Manager in Nepal
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simplifying Online Payments for My Business

Braintree's versatility and ease of use have impressed me right from the start. The ability to accept a wide range of payment methods, including credit cards, debit cards, and popular digital wallets like PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay, has significantly expanded my customer reach. One of the standout features of Braintree is its integration and developer tools. As someone without extensive technical knowledge, I was pleasantly surprised by how straightforward it was to integrate Braintree into my website. The availability of software development kits (SDKs), APIs, and client libraries made the process smooth and streamlined. The developer-friendly resources provided by Braintree have been immensely helpful in customizing and fine-tuning the payment solution to suit my business needs.

While Braintree offers robust features and capabilities, there is one aspect that I would like to see improved—the availability of more localized payment options. As my business expands globally, I would appreciate additional support for region-specific payment methods. Having the ability to offer localized payment solutions would further enhance the customer experience and help me cater to a wider international audience.

Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Good solution, but not the best

Kommentare: Overall, my experience was good, but I I*did* end up switching over to Stripe in the end which I found to be an simpler solution and easier to use overall.

I felt that Braintree was very trustworthy. As I have an online shop, I wanted to make sure my customer's data and transactions were being processed safely and in line with top industry standards - I definitely trusted Braintree to handle payments made through my Woocommerce setup.

I sometimes had a hard time navigating the Braintree control panel and enabling certain functions and add-ons. I found it impossible to setup Apply Pay for instance (which was just a couple of simple steps with Stripe). I also experienced a couple of infrequent issues with Braintree's Woocommerce plugin - honestly not sure if that's on Braintree or Woocommerce. But when I switched to Stripe, their plugin worked smoothly without any of the same small hiccups.

Kunst & Handwerk, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Braintree is a scam, avoid at all costs. Read on....

No pros. Avoid at all costs. Read below.

Braintree Payments  (a PayPal company) is a scam and nobody should sign up for it, just like it's parent company is a scam.  We have used it for exactly 10 days before we had to pull the plug from using it. This is the story - we are a Cyprus based company (EU) but our eCommerce website's main currency is USD. When we signed up with  Braintree Payments, we have told them that we would like to be paid in USD and that USD should be the default currency of the account. We've added a USD bank account to our Braintree account, it is a USD account even that the bank itself is located in Cyprus. So we had a USD account, were paid in USD, and we have asked them to settle the payments into a USD account. However, to our horror, we've discovered that Briantree FORCES us to convert our funds to Euro before they made the deposit into our bank account, converting the USD to Euro with a horrible rate (of course) which ended up with a total processing fee of 8%. We, of course, stopped using them immediately, and they refused to compensate us for this little scam that they've pulled on us, saying that if we wanted to settle in USD, we would have to apply again.  I want to stress, again, that we were told that our "default currency" is USD and not in a million years we would imagine that for "some reason" (the reason being - they want to make more profit) they would FORCE us to convert the funds to Euro before settling. Again, the real reason that they are doing this is so they can make some

Lorenzo
Procurement Manager in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Proficient Payment processing Program

Kommentare: Braintree has increased the value for every payment made, and this ensure there is quality operational support.

Braintree helps us manage all the payments, and this gives more revenue to the firm.

The focus from Braintree is authentic and flawless.

godspower
website creator in Frankreich
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best paypal payments

Kommentare: Paypal is one the payments method I love using why shopping online and making online business payments because they delivered my money on time and they are still very fast and quick software I will rate them 5 STARS because they what it and am very happy using PayPal payments online I like PayPal.

What I like most about PayPal is the payment method is very fast and quick and the business payment method I love this part because they hold your money on things the products are delivered and then they will realize the money to the seller that why I like PayPal most.

What I like least is the part of the business plan is what they take too much commission out of the payments you will receive the customers which are not a real good thing on PayPal if they can charge least it will be good for users like us least.

susan
owner in USA
Großhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, simple

Kommentare: Generally it's good but adding more robust features like other credit card processors would be helpful.

It is simple to use, fees are reasonable and seem to change depending on volume dynamically. Direct entry for phone payments is much easier than other solutions we have used, which is our primary payment method. It works well on our website as well.

It is hard to tell exactly the fee calculations. Their record keeping is not as transparent and solid as I would like.

Brandon
PM in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Features far behind competitors and terrible support

Kommentare: We dealt with their support team during a 4 month period to handle a seemingly simple request. They ended up closing the ticket without explanation and the case went unresolved. We're currently migrating to a competitor.

They offer the bare minimum functionality for processing payments

The customer support is probably the worst I've experienced and the product has not progressed much over the 6 years we were with them.

Asher
Financial Director in Jamaika
Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and efficient payment solution

Kommentare: Braintree makes it easier for your customers to pay you. What could be better !? It's a highly efficient and unobtrusive payment solution that works very well with your PayPal account.

Disbursement reports are comprehensive. The interface is simple and understandable. Integration is seamless, and we have never had any issues with syncing.

Braintree matches all competitors from a price point perspective. Could it be a little cheaper ? Yeah, that'd be great. But it does it's job well and is worth the price.

Gustavo
Gerente de Tienda in Mexiko
Einzelhandel, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

El cerebro de Braintree!!!

Que es sencillo y fácil de usar, de un acceso sencillo para el usuario para complementar alguna orden o proceso o acción de pago que se requiera, es amigable para el usuario y no hay intermediarios para realizarlo

Llega a tener fallas y áreas de oportunidad en temas de señal y de que tarda en verse reflejado el pago o las recepciones a cuentas

Managing Partner in USA

Accept Online Payments from a Trusted Source

Set up through our online portal was fast and easy. At the time of set up there were a number of providers. We liked that Braintree was backstopped by the power of PayPal - one of the most trusted names in the eCommerce payment space.

Fees can be high and you have to watch your statements closely. Dispute resolution is clunky and successful outcomes can be a dice roll.

Magdalena
Admin in Polen
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good old Braintree... we prefer Stripe

It was there when we needed it, but when Stripe came we dumped it!

It was more rigid and less flexible than stripe.. and also more expensive

Kayla
Business partnerships manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Secure way to outsource payments

It is fairly mainstream, so it invokes trust. I like that it’s now part of PayPal. It rarely has outages or breaches that I know of.

I think to get additional security features you need to integrate with add-one like Sift.

alex
owner in USA
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy-to-use service

Kommentare: i am huge fan of PayPal, we all have phones and we can have the software available anywhere we go and makes it super easy to use.

this is awesome service to use. this is another type of the payments that we take in my shop and having this available to my customers it helps us and my customers alot when it comes to making a purchase.

once or twice i had experience bug with the system, but no need to worry. customer service took care of it right away and they were with me the whole time until the bug was fixed.