Über Braintree

Online-Zahlungs-Gateway, mit dem Nutzer sichere E-Commerce-Transaktionen auf mobilen Plattformen und dem Desktop abwickeln können.

Erfahre mehr über Braintree

Using the API with my website was simple enough to set up and everything just works. Customer support is helpful when I had a query.

You can contact them several times, speak with several different persons and no one is able to assist you with your issue.

Bewertungen zu Braintree

3,9
3,7
3,9
4,0

Braintree hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 37 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Braintree bereits verwendet?

Susan W.
owner in USA
Groߟhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, simple

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Generally it's good but adding more robust features like other credit card processors would be helpful.

It is simple to use, fees are reasonable and seem to change depending on volume dynamically. Direct entry for phone payments is much easier than other solutions we have used, which is our primary payment method. It works well on our website as well.

It is hard to tell exactly the fee calculations. Their record keeping is not as transparent and solid as I would like.

Maegan M.
AP / AR Specialist in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Pretty Good Software With Some Minor Quirks

Finding certain transactions is pretty easy, so it taking credit card payments. It does what it needs to.

This is a very minor issue in the grand scheme of it all, but you wouldn't believe how annoying and inconvenient it is. When taking a credit card payment, if you put a comma in the amount of the transaction (ie: $1,000 rather than $1000), it will not accept the transaction, and brings you back to the same page without the credit card number. It is the most infuriating thing I have ever encountered, and when you have a customer on the phone, asking them to repeat the CC number it is quite frustrating. We also can't connect BT to Netsuite so we have to manually enter credit card transactions.

Matyas G.
Head of Digital in Ungarn
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

It's alright if you don't have a better available option

3 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: Quite frustrating.
We didn't have any other viable option available in our region for years so we had to work with Braintree, but from early on we were awaiting the day we could break free. This finally happened a few weeks ago. Thank you for helping our business accept online card payments in the last few years, but there are simply better options out there at this point.

When we started using Braintree in early 2019, it was the only available payment solution in our region that was integrated with the online reservation system we are using. So what we liked most was its availability to us, and we weren't too picky about the other aspects as long as it was usable, which it was. We recently discontinued the use of Braintree since another, better option became available in our region.

The software itself works okay but the security / anti-fraud settings that we had to apply were determined by Braintree based on the account activity. A year or two ago, we had one instance when someone was trying to use multiple cards during 1-2 days (possibly with crooked intentions) and as a result, we were obligated to change our security settings which are still in force today, and which resulted in that a number of honest customers weren't able to finish their booking since then: if they make 3 of any tpye of mistakes during the payment process, the card and/or email address are blocked for the transaction. Meanwhile, no suspicios activity has been seen on our account ever since the one incident. Our billing address changed in 2020 (!) and support was still not able to update it on the statements, it had something to do with a different intermediary partner that we had to use through Braintree because of our region (Hungary). We just gave up writing emails about it at some point. Being able to accept Amex cards through the software was also a painful process that took several weeks at the very least. Customer support is friendly but really slow in dealing with issues. We had numerous issues that took months (!) of emails to resolve, but I should also note that was during COVID times.

Kayla O.
Business partnerships manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Secure way to outsource payments

It is fairly mainstream, so it invokes trust. I like that it’s now part of PayPal. It rarely has outages or breaches that I know of.

I think to get additional security features you need to integrate with add-one like Sift.

Amit G.
Amit G.
Founder in UK
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Overall great service

Kommentare: been using for over 3 years and have had no issues with the service

Using the API with my website was simple enough to set up and everything just works. customer support is helpful when I had a query

changing account details took a some work as features like this are well hidden within menus. the settings should be easier to find

Seth W.
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Powerful and easy to use payment processor

It supports many different payment methods (credit card, paypal, google pay, apple pay, etc). Braintree also has great security tools to prevent most fraud.

The fees are a bit high compared to competitors and they are raising the fees again shortly.

Theo C.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Braintree Payments is a simple option for online payment processing

Online credit card payment processing for merchants is a tricky business. I've used several companies over the years and to me, the most annoying part is the alphabet soup of hidden, indecipherable fees that monthly statements contain. Braintree does away with that and charges the same rate for almost all payment types. Maybe there are slightly cheaper options but for me that simplicity and transparency is critical.

Their customer support is by e-mail only. Fortunately I almost never need it.

Robert W.
Producer in USA
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Solid payment processor

We specifically use Braintree as their marketplace solution is one of the most flexible and requires the least input from the marketplace users. Basically none of the competitor can match this particular feature set.

In other regards Braintree simply isn't as good as their competitors. It's a clunky interface and the APIs just aren't that powerful compared to what's available through Stripe, Paypal and several others.

Larissa B.
Technical Support Manager in USA

Braintree gets the job done but there are better options

When we used Braintree, we never had issues with their application going down. Our customers didn't experience downtime due to Braintree's app not working, which we appreciated.

The search function wasn't great and the advanced search option provided way too many options that it only confused me.

CEO in Kanada
Biotechnologie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

PayPal opens you up to fraud

1 letztes Jahr

It is easy to use and set up. As integrations are already built.

PayPal really cannot be trusted with money. There is so much fraud when using Paypal you end up making a loss.

Asher J.
Financial Director in Jamaika
Konsumgüter, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and efficient payment solution

Kommentare: Braintree makes it easier for your customers to pay you. What could be better !? It's a highly efficient and unobtrusive payment solution that works very well with your PayPal account.

Disbursement reports are comprehensive. The interface is simple and understandable. Integration is seamless, and we have never had any issues with syncing.

Braintree matches all competitors from a price point perspective. Could it be a little cheaper ? Yeah, that'd be great. But it does it's job well and is worth the price.

Alex A.
owner in USA
Automotive, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy-to-use service

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: i am huge fan of PayPal, we all have phones and we can have the software available anywhere we go and makes it super easy to use.

this is awesome service to use. this is another type of the payments that we take in my shop and having this available to my customers it helps us and my customers alot when it comes to making a purchase.

once or twice i had experience bug with the system, but no need to worry. customer service took care of it right away and they were with me the whole time until the bug was fixed.

Suleman M.
Professor in Ghana
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Braintree

Kommentare: Braintree software is amazing software that helps individuals and organisations to make the world easier in teams of files keeping and other necessary documents , it also help to build personal or business forms

Braintree software gives you the opportunity to operate weather online or offline

Fact that you can operate offline doesn't mean you have access to all your files, and also to get access to the tools that are very important it goes with a cool price

CEO in Zypern
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Braintree is a scam, avoid at all costs. Read on....

No pros. Avoid at all costs. Read below.

Braintree Payments  (a PayPal company) is a scam and nobody should sign up for it, just like it's parent company is a scam.  We have used it for exactly 10 days before we had to pull the plug from using it. This is the story - we are a Cyprus based company (EU) but our eCommerce website's main currency is USD. When we signed up with  Braintree Payments, we have told them that we would like to be paid in USD and that USD should be the default currency of the account. We've added a USD bank account to our Braintree account, it is a USD account even that the bank itself is located in Cyprus. So we had a USD account, were paid in USD, and we have asked them to settle the payments into a USD account. However, to our horror, we've discovered that Briantree FORCES us to convert our funds to Euro before they made the deposit into our bank account, converting the USD to Euro with a horrible rate (of course) which ended up with a total processing fee of 8%. We, of course, stopped using them immediately, and they refused to compensate us for this little scam that they've pulled on us, saying that if we wanted to settle in USD, we would have to apply again.  I want to stress, again, that we were told that our "default currency" is USD and not in a million years we would imagine that for "some reason" (the reason being - they want to make more profit) they would FORCE us to convert the funds to Euro before settling. Again, the real reason that they are doing this is so they can make some

Aron T.
Website owner in Norwegen
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I love using Braintree

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: i have been using it to help my buisness to make things go more easy and smoothly.

i love how it is easy to manage money for me and my employe and splitting it for a fair price. This site is a good site for companies at any size

i didnt like that it was a little hard to manage sertain things on the site, like the profile.

Salahdine Z.
Designer in Marokko
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

The paypal it is good

4 letztes Jahr

I like this site for its simplicity, it provides many options for users, and the safety rate is high

Sometimes there is a decrease in the main user interface and a delay in receiving payments

Mohammad J.
student in Jordanien
Internet, Selbstständig

Paypal site evaluation

5 letztes Jahr

This beautiful site provides an electronic payment service simply, very safely and quickly.

Some of the problems that we may face are the graphic interface of the site. We sometimes face difficulty or need a little time to download, but it is a great site

Chad W.
Camera operator in Jamaika
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

The best way to transfer funds

5 letztes Jahr

I like the easy conversation and also how I can purchase things more safer

Actually nothing real it’s ok for me .😌

Taher E.
Journalist in Ägypten
Marktforschung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good program

Kommentare: Good experience

One of the coolest things about this site is the speed of sending money

The most negative thing I have witnessed but not very often is the heavy interface of the website

Finnland
Quelle: GetApp

Stay away from Braintree, it will steal your time, your nerves and your money

There are none, only if you have to too much money you want to get rid of or your live is too nice and you want it to be miserable choose Braintree

Nothing, absolutely nothing. It's a pain to get started, it is horrible to use, the gateway is designed by sadistic coders and it is the unsafest system available. Scammers and fraud artist will hit you when they see you use Braintree, then Braintree will freeze your account and take your money. Stay as far from this system as possible.

Kenyatta I.
CEI in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Love this online payment option

Kommentare: No major complaints with Braintree, quick and easy transactions

I love how simple it is to use Braintree and the speed that transactions are settled. No major issues...

The fees I have think are a little high.. still less than Stripe so I'll take it. But you pay for what you get... no major complaints.

Imad B.
Imad B.
Engineer in protection of information security in Algerien
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

The nice software

4 letztes Jahr

Easy to use not expenssive so fast and noce

For now I can't find a negative thing for me that

Great place to keep my money

Kommentare: Great app!

I had my check get dopositied right in it. It was easy in stores because they just looked at it and i payed. Easy online too!

It could be a bit easier to sign up though, I did get confysed the first time

Osama K.
Osama K.
Admin in Norwegen
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Technical payment system

1 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: You have to take care of security and make sure you have "captcha" setup. You will be responsible for any carding and chargebacks.

I chose them because they had lower fees than Paypal. However, they are owned by Paypal. The customer support is responsive, but not helpful.

I set up the system, and I got all these carding requests on the system. They should have stopped the API immediately. However, I got all these fees because of carding. I lost more than $100.

Pantea F.
Media Arts Employee in USA
Medienproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

It is the most useful program for everyone.

Kommentare: I use it for my online payments

It is very easy to use for everyone. Also, it is safer than using your credit card for online shopping.

I think everything is perfect for this program.