Über El Dorado Utility Billing

Lösung für die Cloud- oder On-Premise-Abrechnung und -Debitorenbuchhaltung für Trinkwasserversorgung, Abwasser, Gas oder Strom. Einzigartige Android-Software zum Ablesen von Zählern.

Erfahre mehr über El Dorado Utility Billing

Can't easily reprint copy of last billing. Randomly kicked out of program for no reason.

Bewertungen zu El Dorado Utility Billing

4,0

El Dorado Utility Billing hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 74 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du El Dorado Utility Billing bereits verwendet?

James H.
James H.
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Try it, You'll never look back!

Kommentare: Our relationship with El Dorado has been a true friendship. Not just a vendor customer relationship. We honestly feel like they are part of our team, working towards our goals. They just feel like family.

The ease of which it integrates our daily workflow. From billing customers to receiving payments of all kinds. We recently started our AMR program with Itron. El Dorado stepped up and had us running in minutes. The technical support during the transition was above reproach.

As a user for over 10 years now, we really don't miss much. Anytime we have found something we think we might like, one call and it's usually implemented very shortly. It's almost like having your own IT department!

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Thanks for the 10 out of 10 review Jim its been great serving you !

Michael B.
President in USA

Water utility software

Kommentare: A few learning curves, support assisted with walkthrough and troubleshooting set up. Very professional from sales to install and building accounts.

Very excellent customer service and sales. The software has learning curves, as with all software. Has all modern features, billing, water meter recording, link with tablet nice feature.

Tablet app should have an auto-transfer feature vs transferring the file.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Hi Michael - Thanks for your feedback. We are expanding the feature / functionality of our EasyReader mobile add and will be enhancing it to add a auto file transfer function, picture taking, GPS mapping and driving directions to the service address. Our sales team will reach out to review it with you.

Margaret B.
LCAM, Property Manager in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

SLF ElDorado Software

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: El Dorado is a user friendly program that assists with the water/sewer billing of our company keeping track of our expenses and receivables

The software becomes user friendly the more it is used with the help of the great IT team that is on the ready with support

Some reports are not adaptable to the information that is requested by our auditors, we then need to run many reports to retrieve the needed information

vor 3 Wochen

Thank you for the review, Margaret we appreciate the feedback. Our support team takes pride in supporting our customers and we are always looking at adding new reports to make it easier to access historical data. We just released several new reports that may assist with your end of year accounting reviews.

Jenny P.
Accounting Assistant in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Experiences with El Dorado Utility Billing

Kommentare: For utility billing, it was ok. We no longer use it because we were able to find something that was all inclusive; accounting, payroll and utility billing all in one software.

Our agency has many different water rates, some of them change based on consumption. With El Dorado, you could go into a customer account and put in the consumption at the lower rate and once that amount was reached, the software automatically changed over to the higher rate.

The thing I least liked was that it was not compatible with our accounting software. I had to do journal entries in order to bring the water revenue over to the General Ledger. This was very time consuming.

vor 5 Monaten

Hello Jenny - We do appreciate your feedback but believe your reviewing a product from the year 2000 that is now over 20 years old. We offer a modern up to date web enabled utility billing system with advanced features not found in all-inclusive accounting system. Our strategy is to integrate with General Ledger systems and not try to displace it. We believe this may be a situation where the product was used for the wrong application and failure to invest new technology impacted the usability of the solution. We recommend our customers keep current on the new technology platforms so we can offer you the highest level of support. With our upgrade protection program our customers always receive software updates at No Charge allowing them to always have the current product and best in class support service. If your ever in the market again for a new utility billing solution we would be happy to show you what we offer today.

Susan S.
Manager in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Streamlined Utility Billing

Kommentare: From 1st contact with Peggy to the customer service help I get from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] I couldn't be happier. Everyone I dealt with at the company has been efficient, timely and very helpful.

We were reading the meters, recording by hand in a notebook, calculating different tiers and charges by hand each month for 162 homes. The process took 2.5 days. With El Dorado Utility Billing we now accomplish the process in less than one day. From reading the meters, entering into a hand-held device, transferring from device to computer, billing and creating invoices. Used to dread the electric billing cycle, now it is just another day.

There really isn't anything I don't like about the software or the company. They took the time to customize the software to fit our situation and have always been quick to respond when I needed assistance.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you, Susan, it's been a pleasure to work with you and take you through the journey of moving to a new billing platform a new streamlined process. As always if we can be of any help please reach out.

Gwen J.
Secretary in USA

Secretary

Kommentare: Now that I am familiar with the system I can run the program well. However, as an administrator, if anything were to happen we would have to pay to get a new person trained. There are other billing systems out there that do not require constant upgrades to keep the system at peek performance. I have to pay for that privilege and pay for upgrades as well as support.

The options, however If I want to use them I have to upgrade after paying thousands to begin with.

That I have to pay an annual fee for help. That I had no training when I first began, I have to pay extra for some of the features that were believed to be included.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Gwen we appreciate your feedback and comments. I am sure you can understand the world of technology is constantly evolving and we do everything possible to keep our software up to date with the latest security patches and feature updates. We try everything we can do to keep our cost low and competitive. Unfortunately, we have to pass on the costs for our support staff, product enhancements and security updates to our customers. The benefit is you have a system that is supported with a first class team of professionals, you have a reliable, easy to use and fully functional billing system. We will certainly be glad to train you and your staff on the operation of the software so you can rest assure we are here to help. I will have someone from our customer service team reach out to you.

Sherri P.
Accountant / Bookkeeper in USA
Buchhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

EasyReader Help

Kommentare: It has been great and when I get into a glitch, the customer support and technical support staff are amazing.

It is very user-friendly. I like that it is easy to navigate. Technical support is always able to help.

There are some reports I would like to run but are not sure how. I would like to see an El Dorado Class that runs through the beginner - Advanced uses. I really think that would be very helpful.

vor 9 Monaten

Thanks for the great feedback Sherri, we can certainly arrange at training call with you to go over some advanced features and reporting.

Layne B.
Admin. in USA

Always amazed at the capabilities of the El Dorado Utility Billing

The Reports that I need for the Board of Water Commissioner's

I do not have an answer. I am very satisfied with the software

vor 3 Monaten

Layne thank you for the great feedback on our customer service and El Dorado product. Yes, the product does have a great deal of easy-to-use features that our customers can take advantage of. We really appreciate your being a customer and your business. If you need any help in the future, we are always available to assist.

Sandra A.
Auditor in USA

Sandy's review

Kommentare: Overall I feel it is a good product, there have been issues when we have added different options such as ACH, and most recently Radio Read, but they have all been taken care of.

The last upgrade done to the program was wonderful. It was one little thing, you can scroll on the Account Manager screen, chose a person, then when you return to the screen it stayed in the same place. There are many options when sorting your Account Manager Screen, very handy.

I feel the help screen could explain a bit better, such as, when reading a topic it tells you how to do the function but doesn't go on to explain what to do if it that doesn't work. I guess that is where customer service team comes in.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Thank for the review Sandra, we appreciate your comments on the ability to search and sort customers in your database as well as the integration to your ACH and radio reading provider. As for the help guide we are doing custom video recordings specific to your configuration so maybe that's a better option for you them reading the manual.

Carlo S.
Carlo S.
Leasing Agent in USA
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

El Dorado Is For the Birds

Kommentare: Not good at all.

It was easy to keep track of our utility billing.

Program was disorganized and difficult to use.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

I am sorry Carlo this review comes very shocking to us we don't see you as one of our current customers. We would be happy to give you free training on the product if you have any questions on the system operations. Please let us know how we can assist.

Akenya R.
VP of Administration & Accounts in USA

My experience with the software has been good; however I would love to see some improvements.

The system pretty much does what we need it to do , but would like to see some new enhancements. The software is ok.

1) Currently changes that are made to a profile is not logged; I would like a log of some kind that would tell me who made a change to a particular field in the system for a particular customer profile. 2) I would love to see misc. adjustment post that can be issued to specific lines items; currently for example let's say I want to give a customer a credit to water or Sewer which is in fields A or B the system won't allow; credit that customers can actually see. 3) We would love for customers to see both Full statements along with shut/past due notices on invoice cloud or mirror the statement in IC format with info and lines on El Dorado statements. 4) Or at least add the notes that we add to the statement; We would like it to mirror the fields that appear on the paper statement. If these changes are not coming soon; I would like to get pricing on implementing them or if they are implemented and we are not aware; if someone could let me know.

John J.

Go for the full gammit

Kommentare: Human error is the #1 problem in utility billing. Whether it be from the meter reader or the data entry person mistakes happen; By utilizing Easy Reader and allowing it to interface with v10 those errors are almost completely gone.

The reporting of v10 is so much better than v9. The ability to communicate with add on software is great. Having a portal where employees can make payments online is a great way to adjust to the COVID curve. By utilizing the portal, I am able to save $500 monthly in credit card fees as the customer now pays the convenience fee.

I would like to scroll through account manager.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

John thank you for your review and kind comments. Every customer is important to us and we appreciate your business. We are pleased your utilizing all the features of El Dorado and our Intuity customer portal. We will keep innovating and improving so we can stayahead of the technology changes.

Carol K.
City Clerk / Treasurer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Marland City Clerk/Treasurer

Kommentare: See the above comments I made I think that pretty well sums it all up. Overall it's a good system!

Payroll I use every 2 weeks and its very user friendly I've never had any trouble entering the data with the ease of the time frame needed and accuracy.

The manual ugh! To me its very hard to understand. It leaves out the important steps that have to be taken to complete the task. It's vague to the details that your supposed to understand. I had 1 month of training on El Dorado before being left to do all the duties involved in my daily job. I found it easier to make my own manual with the steps I took to complete the task. I'm still making some revisions to my notes so that when and if I'm not elected to this position in April of this year, the person coming in will at least have my manual to follow so it should be easier for them from the start.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Hello Carol - We appreciate the high ranking on the ease of use of the software and the customer support. We can certainty help you with a customized workflow guide to help with your billing . We do try to keep the manual up to date and there is so many features and topics to cover so sometimes it's a bit overwhelming. We are always here to help so if you ever get stuck please give us a call.

Jeanne M.
Secretary/Treasurer in USA

El Dorado Utility Billing Software

Kommentare: I love the program and don't think I could run my business without it. I have always experienced wonderful customer service from the wonderful people connected to this company.

I do the bookkeeping for three small mutual water companies and this software allows me to switch between companies rapidly. It is easy to use and meets all my needs for billing and record keeping.

I have an older version of the program and it uses separate software (Crystal Reports) to compile reports. On this version, reports are not as easy to customize as I would like, but I'm sure that has improved in newer versions of the El Dorado Utility Billing software.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Jeanne - Thanks for the great review, we are glad the El Dorado program is working well for you and appreciate your business.

Jane J.
Office Manager in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

El Dorado Software Review!!

Kommentare: Eldorado is a great company, they know the ins / outs of the billing world and are able to assist you with any of your needs or requirements. The system / team members are very flexible when it comes to making things happen for you.

The software system itself is very user friendly, easy to adapt to your billing needs and easy to follow and set up customers for billing utilities. Having the on-line availability for customers to pay is a great feature also. The customer service is always there and available to assist in whatever it is.

I have not found anything I dislike about the software in over 15 years.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Thank you Jane we appreciate the great review and feedback. We have enjoyed working with you over the years.

Diana H.
Bookkeeper in USA

Utility Billing Review

Kommentare: We are definitely happy with the Software and the support...although I wish we could call later in the day - due to time differences we may not get an answer during our working hours.

Ease of entering payments, adding new accounts. Reports. The support we get when we have the craziest questions!

When I enter payments, the last account entered does not remain on the screen. Instead it reverts to the very first account that was entered in that batch. I would like more flexibility in reports. And I would like to have the capability of totaling out a deposit when I am finished posting payments so the program would automatically go to the next batch. This is the most frustrating aspect---forgetting to number my batches.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Thank you Diana, we have a new version of El Dorado that will address your concern regarding entering payments. Our sales team will reach out to schedule a demo with you.

Joanne F.
Administrator in USA
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Not the best time to change software for our company.

Kommentare: I greatly appreciate your time in presenting the new Version 9. Currently we are going through a rate case filing with the Public Uitilites Commission for new rates and have limited time now to delve into the software upgrade.

You seem to be constantly trying to stay current with customer technology demands.

The reports in the version 8 that I have to stay with are not very useful. The way that inactive accounts remain in the database for customized reports is time consuming to remove.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Joanne - thanks for your comments we always appreciate the great customer feedback. As we have presented to you with our new version 9 we have made significant improvements to the system reports. We have added serval new financial reports to simplify end of period reporting for billing and collections. Hopefully you can get the PUC rate case behind you and move forward with newer technology to simplify your billing and collections.

Amrit G.
President in

Great Sfotware/Customer Service Support

Kommentare: I would sincerely recommend this system to anyone entering or working in the utility billing industry. We feel confident that the system is secure, reliable, and have ease of use to move along our business quickly. We were able to turn from signature of contract for services to bills being sent out in 10 days!!!

I have purchased this utility software based on price, features, and compnay providing services personnel. The product was easy to acquire and install. The private and personal overview of software was thorough, timely, and very informative. Further calls were made to clarify user procedures and immediate, instant attention was provided. Priority was placed onto our system at no extra charge. I look forward to expanding our system with the help of creative technologies and also feel secure that if and when we run into difficulties, we will have the support necessary to overcome issues quickly and effectively.

At this time we have not seen any cons other than we can not navigate from the account manager directly to the "print bill" tab. However, the system does allow us to enter mulitple invoices at one time to be billed. This issue maybe something that we are doing incorrectly at this time.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Amrit - Thanks for the positive feedback on our El Dorado Utility Billing product. We have taken your suggestion into consideration and feel it would be a useful addition to our product and for many of our customers. We are in the process of implementing the new feature and will provide you the updated version shortly - let me add there will be No Additional Charge to your organization for this new feature ! Please let us know if there are any other new features or functionality you would like to see. We are always open to customer suggestions. Best Regards, From the Creative Technologies Product Development Team.

Sara D.
Finance Mgr in USA

Poor software developers

1 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I would say as soon as we can we are leaving the software. They are cost-effective vs. the competition - but you get what you pay for and their programming team is lacking. There also fees every time you turn around for things that should be pretty standard.

The system, at its most basic, is simple for users. However, when an admin asks for updates they are in over their head. They make a lot of assumptions that create problems. Actually, the best part of this software is the payment processing partner - Invoice Cloud is great.

Be very clear about your database assumptions. Again they will make recommendations that could cause downstream problems. Also, you want to make certain the features are functional. We bought based on features that have not yet been released and they have no date for release. Their reporting is limited. They represent it is really user-friendly - you will find if you know data it is highly restrictive. Also their cloud-based solution is not cloud-based it downloads information to hard drives and restricts features for more than one users - again an example of poor development.

letztes Jahr

Sara, we always appreciate customer feedback and as long as your a customer we will support you. We know making a move to a new billing system is complex and there could be a learning curve but as you state the application is very easy to use. We are always willing to spend more time with you on training and helping you get your arms around automating your meter reading and billing procedures. Rest assured there is no data no your hard drive it's all stored in a secure cloud server. We are also glad to hear you feel our integration with the Invoice Cloud portal is great, our developers working hand and hand with the Invoice Cloud team to offer a unique and easy to use solution. We are always here to assist and make your 100% happy.

Renee C.
Office Administrator in USA

El Dorado Review

Kommentare: This software has been incredibly useful and we continually work with our customer support team to discover new ways to use it.

The reporting features make this software very useful and applicable for a utility company.

The function of adding or removing fee and charges can be a very confusing task within the software. Perhaps these functions could be made easier to use.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Renee - Thank you for the high ranking and great feedback on our report. We appreciate the feedback on changing billing rates, this process comes usually comes in under a lot of scrutiny from water boards and the Public Utilities Commission. If you ever need assistance with rate changes just reach out and we would be happy to assist you with the changes.

Tim T.

Billing software review

Kommentare: Our experience in transitioning to your billing software has been good. The one thing that would really make it better is to be able to have more flexibility in generating custom reports. We tend to open the database with MS Access to generate custom reports.

We are not limited on the number of accounts we can create. Our previous billing software was limited with stepped pricing if we needed more account numbers.

Custom reports within El Dorado are not as flexible as we need them to be.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Tim appreciate the feedback, we are always looking at ways to make the product better one of the items is on our list for our next release due out this year is to enhance the custom report features so stay tuned more innovation coming down the road...

Greg R.
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR in

Affordable, Easy to Use, Open Utility Billing Solution

Kommentare: Get access to the demo and try it yourself.

We recently purchased the El Dorado Utility billing system and found the installation to be very easy and straight forward. Before switching to El Dorado we looked at many billing systems and found many of them to be overly complicated, short on functionality and overpriced. Our old billing system was too complex to use and caused us frustration every we used it, our staff had to spend hours trying to figure out the most basic functions or to make simple changes. We choose Creative Technologies for their expertise in the industry and superior customer service. Creative Technologies added features and functionality in the product to satisfy our particular needs, the reports are accurate, flexible and provide the extensive details and we need to report back to the accounting department. The product is feature rich, rock solid and exceeds our requirements. We plan on expanding our system to bill both electric and water with the El Dorado Utility billing system.

I have no Cons.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Greg Thank you for putting your trust into the Creative Technologies staff. I know that switching from an existing billing system can be time consuming and a learning curve. Change is never easy but knowing you have a team of professionals behind you makes the transition a whole lot easier. As we demonstrated we make every customer a top priority and hand hold them through the entire upgrade transformation process. Its very reassuring to know that our marketing and development staffs are in sync in making our products open, capable and affordable for our customers to use. We appreciate your business! L J - Creative Technologies President

Rebecca F.
OWNER/VP in USA

BEEN USING PROGRAM FOR 17 YRS.

CUSTOMER REPS! TWO OF THEM WERE THE NICEST PEOPLE AND ALWAYS READY TO HELP. THE REPORTING OPTIONS ARE GOOD.

1-WOULD LIKE DROP DOWNS TO SCROLL FOR ALL LISTS. 2-AN "UNDO" OPTION WHEN MAKING CHANGES TO AN ACCOUNT. 3-TO BE ABLE TO SORT CUSTOMIZED REPORT FIELDS IN THE ORDER I DESIRE. 4-IN CREATE STATEMENTS, HAVE THE BILL, DUE, LATE DATES SAVED BUT WHERE THE MONTH WILL CHANGE. IT ALWAYS REVERTS WHEN YOU LEAVE THE SCREEN. 5-SAVE VARIANCE ALERT %. 6- NOT TO HAVE A PASSWORD TO LOGIN. 7- LAST BUT NOT LEAST: OPTION TO MAKE SCREEN WIDER WITHOUT SCROLLING OR NARROWING EACH COLUMN TO FIT THE ACCOUNT HISTORY PAGE FOR VIEWING.

Dennis E.
Public Works Director in

Affordable, Easy to use Utility Billing

Kommentare: We find this product to be Excellant

We have been using El Dorado for many years and recently upgraded to the version 7 Utility billing system and found Creative Technologies staff to go above and beyond our needs for the installation and support. We recently had a computer hardware crash and the Creative Technologies team was ultr-responsive and flexible to meet our needs when we needed them most. We choose Creative Technologies for their expertise in the industry and superior customer service. The new version is as simple to use as the old one with a whole lot more additional features, reporting options and nice graphical interface with large buttons for each program funtion. I would recommend Creative Technologies to anyone looking for a easy to use and reliable utility billing system.

We can think of none

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Dennis - Thank you for your many years of customer loyalty, we are honored to support fine organizations like the Scottsville Water Distribution. You will be glad to know that we enhanced our support for Automatic Meter Reading devices to now include Infinity Meters as well as Itron, Badger, Neptune, Sensus, Datamatic, and Radix. Its customers like you that keep us focused on delivering world class customer service and support. We know that we have to earn your business every day, and continually measure customer satisfaction rates; we are driven to outperform the industry in customer satisfaction of product quality, support and ease of use. Our entire team of US based development and support teams takes customer feedback into everything we do. We hope that we can continue to support your organization for many years to come. Its a pleasure serving you The Creative Technologies management team

Amy L.
Office Manager in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great upgrade from previous versions

Kommentare: It's made running reports much easier. There are so many ways to track individual customers.

The overall layout - all my customer accounts are right there in front of me, and I know exactly how to find them all.

You have to "exit" from each customers account, and the "exit" button is on the far right of the menu, so you sometimes have to scroll just to be able to exit back to the main menu.

Antwort von Creative Technologies

Amy, Thanks for your feedback we have recently added new function to scroll across accounts without exiting to the main customer grid which I am sure you will like. Give us a call and we can discuss the new features.