This has streamlined our process from reading meters to the end billing extremely well.

Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Susan S.
HOA Manager
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Greater level of efficiency. Less mistakes and there is less keying in/duplication. More confidence in our billing outcome.

Vorteile: The general ease and functionality of the program. This program has made our process of reading the meters, entering the data, creating invoices, etc. much quicker. What used to take approximately 4 days now takes less than 1 day.

Nachteile: Being able to utilize this software with QuickBooks which is our bookkeeping system would be the perfect scenario. I have to deal with deposits twice and as an HOA we should be using an accrual method of bookkeeping, but with this software I have to deal with payments and deposits through El Dorado, but have to then double enter some data into QB to have an accurate accounting/bookkeeping system.

Secretary

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Gwen J.
Secretary
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Now that I am familiar with the system I can run the program well. However, as an administrator, if anything were to happen we would have to pay to get a new person trained. There are other billing systems out there that do not require constant upgrades to keep the system at peek performance. I have to pay for that privilege and pay for upgrades as well as support.

Vorteile: The options, however If I want to use them I have to upgrade after paying thousands to begin with.

Nachteile: That I have to pay an annual fee for help. That I had no training when I first began, I have to pay extra for some of the features that were believed to be included.

von Creative Technologies an 21.3.2019

Gwen we appreciate your feedback and comments. I am sure you can understand the world of technology is constantly evolving and we do everything possible to keep our software up to date with the latest security patches and feature updates. We try everything we can do to keep our cost low and competitive. Unfortunately, we have to pass on the costs for our support staff, product enhancements and security updates to our customers. The benefit is you have a system that is supported with a first class team of professionals, you have a reliable, easy to use and fully functional billing system. We will certainly be glad to train you and your staff on the operation of the software so you can rest assure we are here to help. I will have someone from our customer service team reach out to you.

My experience with the software has been good; however I would love to see some improvements.

Bewertet am 29.3.2018
Akenya R.
VP of Administration & Accounts

Vorteile: The system pretty much does what we need it to do , but would like to see some new enhancements. The software is ok.

Nachteile: 1) Currently changes that are made to a profile is not logged; I would like a log of some kind that would tell me who made a change to a particular field in the system for a particular customer profile.
2) I would love to see misc. adjustment post that can be issued to specific lines items; currently for example let's say I want to give a customer a credit to water or Sewer which is in fields A or B the system won't allow; credit that customers can actually see.
3) We would love for customers to see both Full statements along with shut/past due notices on invoice cloud or mirror the statement in IC format with info and lines on El Dorado statements.
4) Or at least add the notes that we add to the statement; We would like it to mirror the fields that appear on the paper statement.
If these changes are not coming soon; I would like to get pricing on implementing them or if they are implemented and we are not aware; if someone could let me know.

Utility Billing Software Review

Bewertet am 21.3.2017
Kristi D.
Accounting
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it is easy to use. The frustrating part is the reports don't memorize and the input for the reports are tedious to re-enter. It should run more like Quickbooks. The search features are horrible to work with. It never "finds" the name or address you are looking for. It glitches and at times does not send the email statements at all. You click all the right boxes and the emails don't send. I am frustrated on many levels on a daily basis. Thank you for asking for input. Quick Reports should be available in an instant. Nothing is more frustrating than having a customer wait for minutes for a report to be generated while they stand at your counter. I have almost memorized every account number in my system in order to "find" an account quickly.

Nachteile: "Find" feature is frustrating. Quick Reports are frustrating.

Utility Billing Review

Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Diana H.
Bookkeeper
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are definitely happy with the Software and the support...although I wish we could call later in the day - due to time differences we may not get an answer during our working hours.

Vorteile: Ease of entering payments, adding new accounts. Reports. The support we get when we have the craziest questions!

Nachteile: When I enter payments, the last account entered does not remain on the screen. Instead it reverts to the very first account that was entered in that batch.
I would like more flexibility in reports.
And I would like to have the capability of totaling out a deposit when I am finished posting payments so the program would automatically go to the next batch. This is the most frustrating aspect---forgetting to number my batches.

von Creative Technologies an 25.3.2019

Thank you Diana, we have a new version of El Dorado that will address your concern regarding entering payments. Our sales team will reach out to schedule a demo with you.

Not the best time to change software for our company.

Bewertet am 9.8.2016
Joanne F.
Administrator
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I greatly appreciate your time in presenting the new Version 9. Currently we are going through a rate case filing with the Public Uitilites Commission for new rates and have limited time now to delve into the software upgrade.

Vorteile: You seem to be constantly trying to stay current with customer technology demands.

Nachteile: The reports in the version 8 that I have to stay with are not very useful. The way that inactive accounts remain in the database for customized reports is time consuming to remove.

von Creative Technologies an 9.8.2016

Joanne - thanks for your comments we always appreciate the great customer feedback. As we have presented to you with our new version 9 we have made significant improvements to the system reports. We have added serval new financial reports to simplify end of period reporting for billing and collections. Hopefully you can get the PUC rate case behind you and move forward with newer technology to simplify your billing and collections.

Affordable, Easy to Use, Open Utility Billing Solution

Bewertet am 2.8.2010
Greg R.
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR

Kommentare: Get access to the demo and try it yourself.

Vorteile: We recently purchased the El Dorado Utility billing system and found the installation to be very easy and straight forward. Before switching to El Dorado we looked at many billing systems and found many of them to be overly complicated, short on functionality and overpriced. Our old billing system was too complex to use and caused us frustration every we used it, our staff had to spend hours trying to figure out the most basic functions or to make simple changes. We choose Creative Technologies for their expertise in the industry and superior customer service. Creative Technologies added features and functionality in the product to satisfy our particular needs, the reports are accurate, flexible and provide the extensive details and we need to report back to the accounting department. The product is feature rich, rock solid and exceeds our requirements.
We plan on expanding our system to bill both electric and water with the El Dorado Utility billing system.

Nachteile: I have no Cons.

von Creative Technologies an 27.8.2010

Greg Thank you for putting your trust into the Creative Technologies staff. I know that switching from an existing billing system can be time consuming and a learning curve. Change is never easy but knowing you have a team of professionals behind you makes the transition a whole lot easier. As we demonstrated we make every customer a top priority and hand hold them through the entire upgrade transformation process.
Its very reassuring to know that our marketing and development staffs are in sync in making our products open, capable and affordable for our customers to use. We appreciate your business!

L J - Creative Technologies President

Utility Review

Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Jane J.
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: easy to follow step by step when implementing billing and payments, keeping track of customers use throughout the billing process.

Nachteile: # of characters to input names, but once I get the upgrade, I will not have that concern.

von Creative Technologies an 25.3.2019

Thanks Jane appreciate your years of support ! We are looking forward to getting you on the new version.

standard review

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Scott J.
Clerk
Staatsverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Lots of options for creating reports even though they are not always easy to filter.

Nachteile: When generating a reprinted bill, you have to put in 5 separate dates every time. We have not been able to figure out a way around this even with help from our IT support.

Company Review

Bewertet am 14.3.2019
Jean W.
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use this program daily at my office very easy to use, gives all the information I need.

Vorteile: Everyone that works for the Company is very friendly and helpful

Nachteile: Nothing to complain about. does everything I need

von Creative Technologies an 15.3.2019

Thanks for the kind words Jean, we always enjoy working with you too.

Great Sfotware/Customer Service Support

Bewertet am 27.8.2010
Amrit G.

Kommentare: I would sincerely recommend this system to anyone entering or working in the utility billing industry. We feel confident that the system is secure, reliable, and have ease of use to move along our business quickly. We were able to turn from signature of contract for services to bills being sent out in 10 days!!!

Vorteile: I have purchased this utility software based on price, features, and compnay providing services personnel. The product was easy to acquire and install. The private and personal overview of software was thorough, timely, and very informative. Further calls were made to clarify user procedures and immediate, instant attention was provided. Priority was placed onto our system at no extra charge. I look forward to expanding our system with the help of creative technologies and also feel secure that if and when we run into difficulties, we will have the support necessary to overcome issues quickly and effectively.

Nachteile: At this time we have not seen any cons other than we can not navigate from the account manager directly to the "print bill" tab. However, the system does allow us to enter mulitple invoices at one time to be billed. This issue maybe something that we are doing incorrectly at this time.

von Creative Technologies an 31.8.2010

Amrit - Thanks for the positive feedback on our El Dorado Utility Billing product.

We have taken your suggestion into consideration and feel it would be a useful addition to our product and for many of our customers. We are in the process of implementing the new feature and will provide you the updated version shortly - let me add there will be No Additional Charge to your organization for this new feature !

Please let us know if there are any other new features or functionality you would like to see. We are always open to customer suggestions.

Best Regards,

From the Creative Technologies Product Development Team.

Billing software review

Bewertet am 20.3.2017
Tim T.
General Manager
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our experience in transitioning to your billing software has been good. The one thing that would really make it better is to be able to have more flexibility in generating custom reports. We tend to open the database with MS Access to generate custom reports.

Vorteile: We are not limited on the number of accounts we can create. Our previous billing software was limited with stepped pricing if we needed more account numbers.

Nachteile: Custom reports within El Dorado are not as flexible as we need them to be.

von Creative Technologies an 20.3.2017

Tim appreciate the feedback, we are always looking at ways to make the product better one of the items is on our list for our next release due out this year is to enhance the custom report features so stay tuned more innovation coming down the road...

BEEN USING PROGRAM FOR 17 YRS.

Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Rebecca F.
OWNER/VP

Vorteile: CUSTOMER REPS! TWO OF THEM WERE THE NICEST PEOPLE AND ALWAYS READY TO HELP. THE REPORTING OPTIONS ARE GOOD.

Nachteile: 1-WOULD LIKE DROP DOWNS TO SCROLL FOR ALL LISTS. 2-AN "UNDO" OPTION WHEN MAKING CHANGES TO AN ACCOUNT. 3-TO BE ABLE TO SORT CUSTOMIZED REPORT FIELDS IN THE ORDER I DESIRE. 4-IN CREATE STATEMENTS, HAVE THE BILL, DUE, LATE DATES SAVED BUT WHERE THE MONTH WILL CHANGE. IT ALWAYS REVERTS WHEN YOU LEAVE THE SCREEN. 5-SAVE VARIANCE ALERT %. 6- NOT TO HAVE A PASSWORD TO LOGIN. 7- LAST BUT NOT LEAST: OPTION TO MAKE SCREEN WIDER WITHOUT SCROLLING OR NARROWING EACH COLUMN TO FIT THE ACCOUNT HISTORY PAGE FOR VIEWING.

Affordable, Easy to use Utility Billing

Bewertet am 29.7.2010
Dennis E.
Public Works Director

Kommentare: We find this product to be Excellant

Vorteile: We have been using El Dorado for many years and recently upgraded to the version 7 Utility billing system and found Creative Technologies staff to go above and beyond our needs for the installation and support. We recently had a computer hardware crash and the Creative Technologies team was ultr-responsive and flexible to meet our needs when we needed them most. We choose Creative Technologies for their expertise in the industry and superior customer service. The new version is as simple to use as the old one with a whole lot more additional features, reporting options and nice graphical interface with large buttons for each program funtion. I would recommend Creative Technologies to anyone looking for a easy to use and reliable utility billing system.

Nachteile: We can think of none

von Creative Technologies an 27.8.2010

Dennis - Thank you for your many years of customer loyalty, we are honored to support fine organizations like the Scottsville Water Distribution. You will be glad to know that we enhanced our support for Automatic Meter Reading devices to now include Infinity Meters as well as Itron, Badger, Neptune, Sensus, Datamatic, and Radix. Its customers like you that keep us focused on delivering world class customer service and support.
We know that we have to earn your business every day, and continually measure customer satisfaction rates; we are driven to outperform the industry in customer satisfaction of product quality, support and ease of use. Our entire team of US based development and support teams takes customer feedback into everything we do. We hope that we can continue to support your organization for many years to come.

Its a pleasure serving you
The Creative Technologies management team

Great upgrade from previous versions

Bewertet am 14.2.2019
Amy L.
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's made running reports much easier. There are so many ways to track individual customers.

Vorteile: The overall layout - all my customer accounts are right there in front of me, and I know exactly how to find them all.

Nachteile: You have to "exit" from each customers account, and the "exit" button is on the far right of the menu, so you sometimes have to scroll just to be able to exit back to the main menu.

von Creative Technologies an 11.3.2019

Amy, Thanks for your feedback we have recently added new function to scroll across accounts without exiting to the main customer grid which I am sure you will like. Give us a call and we can discuss the new features.

USEFUL CHANGES

Bewertet am 10.8.2016
Rebecca F.
OWNER
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: HAVE BEEN USING PROGRAM FOR PAST 15 YEARS...............................................................................................................................................................................

von Creative Technologies an 10.8.2016

Thanks Rebecca we appreciate the 15 yr loyalty to us and the El Dorado program.

TOWN OF FOUNTAIN HILL

Bewertet am 4.8.2016
Lizzette S.
CLERK/TREASURE
Versorgungsunternehmen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: WHEN I TOOK OVER THIS JOB I HAD NO EXPERIENCE AND NO ONE TO TEACH ME. THE TECH STEVE WAS SO PATIENCE AND HELPFUL WALKING ME THROUGH AND EXPLAINING TO THIS POOR BRAIN CAUSE I WAS TOTALLY KINDERGARTEN LEVEL. I TOTAL LOVE STEVE TO BAD HE'S IN CALIF. OR SOMEWHERE BESIDE HERE. BIG THANKS TO THE PROGRAM FOR THE EASE OF THE SYSTEM

Vorteile: ALL LISTED AND DIRECTIONS SO EASY TO FOLLOW

Nachteile: NOTHING

von Creative Technologies an 4.8.2016

Thanks for the kind words on Steve's support Lizzette. We appreciate your business !

Program is very easy to use

Bewertet am 9.5.2017
Jean W.
Administrative Assistant

Vorteile: Easy, Quickness to find a customer for customer service, easiness to edit program and correct issues. Like that you can search by name and account #.

Nachteile: I wish all adjustment would show up on adjustment list weather correcting amount, added charges or fees.

von Creative Technologies an 6.6.2017

Thanks Jean we are always enhancing the system reports and will add this request to the list.

Software is very user friendly. Data is easy to read. Reports give good information.

Bewertet am 20.3.2017
Kay N.
Operations Manager
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used El Dorado Utility Software for about 10 years and have been very satisfied with both the software itself and the customer service we receive. The support group are highly professional and are there for us every step of the way. I would high recommend this billing system to anyone.

Vorteile: Easy to use, great customer service

von Creative Technologies an 20.3.2017

Thank you for the great feedback Kay. We always enjoy working with you and your team !

QUICK AND EASY SOFTWARE!!

Bewertet am 21.3.2017
Vickie N.
Office Clerk
Hausmeisterservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: THIS SOFTWARE HAS BEEN EXCELLENT FOR OUR USES AT THE OFFICE. I AM NOT THE MOST COMPUTER SAVVY PERSON FOR SURE, BUT THIS HAS BEEN RELATIVELY EASY TO USE. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PROGRAM TO ANYONE. STAFF IS VERY HELPFUL WHEN I HAVE A PROBLEM OR DO NOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING. THIS PROGRAM HELPS OUR OFFICE RUN MUCH SMOOTHER!

Vorteile: Easy to use.

von Creative Technologies an 21.3.2017

Thanks Vickie we always enjoy working with you and supporting your water billing needs.

The utility billing software is uncomplicated and fairly easy to teach to other users.

Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Caroline R.
Administrative Secretary
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am not sure of any specific benefits I receive using this software but I find it user friendly.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use and customer support is on the West coast, which is helpful for our needs.

Nachteile: Latest upgrade made current meter read confusing ad after making customer support aware of this issue, no resolution has been given.

Have used ElDorado software for 20+ years, and selected them when we were ready for new software.

Bewertet am 9.5.2017
Patricia S.
Secretary/Treasurer
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easily adjusted the program to suit our needs and the billing format that our customers were most used to

Nachteile: Have have several technical issues, but their tech support is readily available and easy to work with

von Creative Technologies an 10.5.2017

Patricia - thanks for your 20 + years of loyalty to El Dorado. We are always here to help on any product questions.

Billing is hard, creative technology tech support makes it so much easier

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Kendra S.
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Stable program that produces nice statements and an excellent data base for customer information and usage.

Vorteile: Friendly service, El Dorado is a nice stable program with good well thought out features, it produces an easy to read statement and handy spreadsheets.

Nachteile: I have a hard time getting El Dorado and ICloud to synch regularly, I get a lot of error messages, the edit button automatically comes on when I am looking at a customers account and this makes it easy to change something by accident.

von Creative Technologies an 13.6.2017

Kendra - thanks for the 10/10 recommendation and feedback regarding ways to improve the El Dorado product and online features.

Great product with even better support!

Bewertet am 16.5.2012
Kellie T.

Kommentare: Highly recommend this product to anyone who does utility billing. The product is great, but the support is first class. We love everyone on the team at Creative and all they have to offer. Michele has been wonderful to work with. We can't say enough great things about her customer service and willingness to meet our EVERY need! Thank you!

Vorteile: Customer support is unbeatable. Implementation and training is 5 star! All of our issues are addressed immediately. Our product feedback is always welcomed and often addressed with the next version. We love all of the features of the billing software and would highly recommend the product and the company to others.

Nachteile: There are some minor issues with the ease of use and some items that don't meet our needs, but we have some odd and somewhat complex billing scenarios. Most of these issues are under review and are being addressed.

von Creative Technologies an 16.5.2012

Kellie, it has been a pleasure working with you and the staff at High Gabriel Water Treatment.

You challenged our team several times to improve product functionality and simplify the billing processes, I am glad we have been able rise to occasion to meet your needs. It's customers like High Gabriel and our partnership with Invoice Cloud that helps us deliver a quality product and be a better company.

Thanks for all your support.

Leslie Jantzen - President

Review from Franklin Township Municipal Authority

Bewertet am 24.8.2016
Debra H.
Secretary/Treasurer
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Over the phone tech support was wonderful. Operator entered our program and I watched while they adjusted items that needed adjusted. Software worked perfectly after adjustments were made.

Vorteile: Easy to use

Nachteile: Nothing

von Creative Technologies an 24.8.2016

Debra, Thank you for the excellent feedback on our customer support we appreciate your business.