Über Canvas X Draw

Eine leistungsstarke Anwendung für all deine Vektor- und Rastergrafiken. Einfach genug für Anfänger. Genug Funktionen für Profis. Preisgestaltung für alle.

Erfahre mehr über Canvas X Draw

Easy to get started with. Does not require monthly subscription.

Bewertungen zu Canvas X Draw

Canvas X Draw hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 148 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Canvas X Draw bereits verwendet?

Laura Rocio
Laura Rocio
marketing in Paraguay
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

highly recommended helps to organize the drawing in the document, very practical

Kommentare: in my opinion it is very good, and completes the tools, the charts and graphs they have are easy to use and practical, with a precise interpretation of the data

I like it a lot because it makes it easier for me to organize my projects at work, the tools are very good and advanced

that sometimes it stops, only that hangs but only on occasions

RANDALL
Director of Operations in USA
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Critique of Canvas X Draw

Kommentare: I love Canvas and have been an active user since the mid-1990's! I am a MAC user and was EXTREMELY happy when Canvas for Mac was reestablished a few years ago!

This software compares very favorably with CorelDraw but is less expensive and in my opinion much easier to use!

In my business I do graphics or applique's for athletic and travel bags requiring multiple layers. I find the "Offset Path" function sadly lacking. "Offset Path" can only be used for what I consider very simple polygons and not more complex figures such as lettering or anything that has multiple edges/rounded curves, and punchouts. As a result, I also need to use CorelDraw to apply their "Contour" function. Also I find the "Extrude" function in Canvas X Draw unwieldy! In my bag design I like to create a 3-D effect to show clients what their end product looks like! Unless the operator has a good feel for 3-D coordinates this is problematic. I like the "Extrude" function from CANVAS in the '90's where not only could you apply a 3-D effect, but the individual panels could be ungrouped, color applied, and then reassembled into a finished product. Also there is a typo in the "Arrowhead" attributes editor under "Full". It says "Buttom" rather than "Bottom".

robert
owner in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

OK, But Still Not What It Once Was....

Kommentare: it provides a wonderful way to say something nasty to Adobe

compatibility; swiss-army knife capability; easy to use

no parity with the windoze version, which remains ironic, since it was macOS first

Zachary
Assistant Research Professor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Hate Aggravator, but Love Canvas!

Kommentare: Been using Canvas for many years to make publishable figures and graphics for scientific presentations. All editions of canvas have been super easy and intuitive to use, this latest version being no exception. Importing graphs from other programs also go in clean and easy. I've used other programs and everything gets scrambled and you need to be a high level graphic artist to use these. Canvas is good for novices on up. Edits are quick and easy in canvas. You can make beautiful elaborate figures or keep it simple. Export is clean too. Save as a PDF or other file and everything you see in the canvas document is conserved. Aggravator doesn't ever work this well.

Ease of use is number 1. The way the program is laid out is very intuitive. Lines draw the first time and when you click on something it actually selects it. Layers work too! Competitors software (aka Adobe Aggravator) need years of training to draw a simple line. Canvas just works the first time. I very much appreciate that new versions work like the old ones. You've added features but kept the old ones in place and they work the same. No hunting, no "where did they put that" or "it used to be able to".

I do wish there were more fill options for shapes. Also I typically have to convert the canvas files to another file type to print especially if they are being printed on a large format plotter. Older versions had trouble "talking" to HP plotters, but will have to see how the latest version works. It also has some trouble reading really old canvas files.

Kenneth
Self employed in Australien
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Affordable dimensioning drawing with full functionality

Kommentare: I prepared numerous PowerPoint presentations and found that Canvas was so superior to the drawing tools in PPT. It helped me design our new home and even our cabinetmaker was impressed with the detail and accuracy of Canvas. Now I mostly use it for woodwork projects.
Very impressed with how they keep up with the MAC software changes. Other companies (like MYOB) just gave up.

It’s intuitive and has an excellent instruction manual with a very helpful start for first time users. One of the few affordable MAC drawing programs with accurate dimensions for technical drawings or even for planning the next woodwork project. Multiple layers are a breeze. If you want to extend your drawing capability, Canvas has the capacity to go all the conceptions.

I have used this product through my whole working life as an educator in Radiology. Each version was incrementally better. There is nothing about it I don’t like.

Gerard
Designer in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Better than it was, still not great

Kommentare: It works for what I do, mostly technical drawings. I had been looking for another app when it looked like Deneba was going to drop support for Canvas and Mac. I am glad they stuck with it and came up with a good upgrade

The drawing/drafting portion is very good, and has gotten much better through all the iterations from Canvas X onward. It mostly all just works, drawing, importing, exporting. It is pretty intuitive, especially if you have used other drawing apps. It is now at a place i wish it had been several years ago. The team seems to finally thrown their support behind this version for the Mac and I hope it continues. I don't use the page layout part very much, but it seems to be ok.

The photo editing part is terrible, not much changed over the years. It is usable for very simple tasks. Not anywhere close to Photoshop, which I usually fall back to if I need to do anything involved. It could use a lot of work to improve it.

Jamal
PhD Student in USA
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good Functionality

Kommentare: a

I like that the software allows the user to change fine details in figures and images.

There is no software that is compatible with both Mac and PC, so I had to purchase two copies, one for work and one for home/laptop. Also, one of the best features is the functionality, but it also comes across as a little confusing in accessing some "hidden" features.

Steven
Director in USA
Biotechnologie, Selbstständig

CanvasXDraw is the best there is for scientific drawings

Kommentare: I use LibreOffice, and CXD's ability to output SVG files is extremely important.

I use CXD for making scientific/optical drawings for books that I write and for classes that I teach. It does exactly what I want in that it's easy to use, precise, and has the features that I need for my technical drawings. I've tried the other drawing packages, and CXD is by far the easiest. It is intuitive, unlike all others that I've tried. I've used versions of Canvas on my Mac for decades, and I am extremely happy with it, even after all these years.

I have a difficult time coming up with something that I don't like about it. If anything I'd like custom Arrows to be easier to make.

Aleksandar
Aleksandar
CEO in Serbien
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Interesting merge of vector and CAD ilustration tool

Kommentare: In our magazine we use Canvas X Draw for chart ilustration making. It works perfectly and charts/graphs are very nice and with precise interpretation of data. For us, it is very important.

CAD file import and postediting in Canvas X Draw document is the most "welcome" in vector illustrating tools market. Canvas open numerous different CAD formats, and you can easily integrate that illustrations in you design.

Canvas X Draw did not support UNICODE ... and it is the greatest problem with all standalone versions till now.

Haydn
Owner in Australien
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

Good for artistic expression

Kommentare: Good to create what you need with a wide selection of brushes and colours

The amount of brushes provided and the ease of use is a big winner

Had a bit of trouble setting up my drawing pad within the program

Anthony
Director in UK
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Canvas firever

Kommentare: As a Mac user of Canvas since version 1 in the 1980s it was a relief that a new Mac version came along and saved me from using a virtual windows machine. It’s great for providing documentation and build instructions fir our electronics. I use it to bring all sorts of information together into one document.
Much slicker than other programs that can do the same.

Handles lots of file types, although sadly can’t export cvx. Mixes images and vector objects really well. Struggles with character position when opening pdfs. Lots of new features that have helped with 2D design.

Still crashes occasionally. Still some bugs that have been around for decades. Imported files don’t use the default units. Can no longer set up the keys for particular operations. Can be done through the OS but it’s not as slick. Could do with zoom on mouse wheel.

Product Manager in USA

Missing more file exports and Clip Art

Kommentare: This product fulfilled most of my requirement as the original Canvas. It is my main object drawing package. Learning curve easier than Illustrator. Fits my engineering background better.

Is a cooky cutter knife to annotate many types of files and change them from one format to another

I am an old Canvas using before you bought it. I have a very old version running in VM with on an old MacOS server. It allows me to use the included clip art CDROM that was provide with the original Canvas before you bought it. I like some way to access this from you version. You do not have an Adobe AI import/export or an eps output. This is useful to embed object graphics in work processor documents (e.g. pages).

Myoungsook
Assistant Professor in USA
Forschung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Experience of Canvas X Draw

Kommentare: I have used Canvas program over 10 years. It is much improved function and tools. Now it is really easy to use and handful to generate publication figures and images. I really satisfied this program and I highly recommend to colleagues.

1) It is really easy to work for generating presentation. It is successful to publication. Well organized tools are really helpful to use. 2) Compatibility is high and stable. It is to save time and reduce load. 3) There is no error during canvas work. It is awesome.

1) It hard to get the information of Canvas X Draw usage. For beginner or new version introduction, can you provide webinar? 2) Auto saved function is needed.

President in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

What I like about this product

Kommentare: Making B/P ("blueprints") for specific machining operations is very beneficial.

Overall this works very well for me. The ease of use & MacOS platform are my favorite reasons for purchasing & using it. I can open .DXF files that are created with my CAD program & then make very nice manufacturing drawings.

The only negative comment I have is that the app occasionally crashes. It's easy to re-launch, but a bit of a nuisance.

Thierry
President in Kanada
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good with some needed improvements

Kommentare: A product I enjoy using and that fills my needs for quick and (relatively) easy graphic design for all sorts of needs (software development, ad creation, signs...).

I love the flexibility of the tools I use as well as how detailed the work can be, when needed. Being able to export my drawings as images is also a big plus for me.

Occasional crashes, interface not always obvious (I look for tools too often, because I'm not a pro user, I guess, but still...). License too restrictive for my needs. I have the subscription, but I am an "occasionally on the road" kind of worker, but I can not install the program on more than one machine. (At once, I mean, not simultaneously. If that was needed, I would buy two licenses.)

Stewart
Technical Officer in Kanada
Forschung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

My goto program for graphics

Kommentare: I have used Canvas since version 1.0 was introduced by Deneba about 1990. It has had its ups and downs, especially stability-wise, but it always delivered best what I needed, great versatility, at a great price. I was at a loss when the product was discontinued for a while, and immediately came back onboard when it was reborn. It was a personal purchase and I use it in preference to software freely available to me at work.

My graphics needs vary a lot, not concentrated in one area, and this program covers them all. Sometimes I am making mechanical drawings, other times editing bitmaps, creating .svg files for my CNC, designing a birthday card, drawing a flowsheet. The positional accuracy of the software appeals to a person like me who has a mathematical mind.

The infrequent crash, not so common anymore; I save my work fairly often, but also so I can back out of a creative avenue that isn't productive.

Steve
CEO in Schweiz
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product besides subscription model

Kommentare: Using the beta for Big Sur. Very stable even though it's a beta version.

I have used Canvas since version 1 on the Mac back in the early 90s. Could not live without it.

Subscription model. I subscribed in order to export all documents to switch to a competition product that is not under subscription.

Senior Research Technologist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Canvas X Draw Delivers

Kommentare: The overall experience with Canvas X Draw has been great. A fantastic product!

I have used various iterations of Canvas since the late 1990s. It is hands down the most powerful, versatile, and user-friendly software product for scientists. I have used it throughout the years for image construction, figure arrangement, and scientific poster creation. It is my go-to solution for all of my publication needs. I have used this software to open files created with previous versions of Canvas that were more than 15 years old.

There is very little that this software cannot do.

Gérald
Directeur in Schweiz
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent!

Kommentare: I like this software, because it is "forgotten" when you use it

Ergonomics, stability, ease of use, thank you for your work

In the very first versions, we had the drop-down menus displayed in French. This feature is lacking for French speakers to better use your software

Johan
High School teacher in Schweden
E-Learning, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Feeback from a longtime Canvas user

Kommentare: I make many technical drawings with Canvas and it's my go-to program for making 2D drawings of objects that I then import into Fusion 360 and then on to 3D printing and CNC routing.

Very versatile, good file format compatibility, excellent for 2D technical drawings, many unique features. Wish list - better/quicker Mac development, 3D support.

The interface feels dated. I would prefer if the standard keyboard shortcuts adhered better to industry standards (ie Adobe). Metric sometimes feels like an afterthought. I've used Canvas since the original version 3, development hasn't been particularly impressive since then (20 + years...)

Laura
Cosmetician in Rumänien
Kosmetik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I love this app. I use it daily

Kommentare: It helps me do my daily posts and promo

It helps me to make my own posts and visual boards

I would love to have more design templates

antonio
designer in Brasilien
Design, Selbstständig

best program that I think is good value for your customers

Kommentare: a program with a good user interface and very easy to use

its easy-to-use style and its great tools with very simple use for the user

tool rents need improvement for a fluid flow of their resources to the user and updating tools more often

Jean
Jean
Immobilier in Côte d’Ivoire
Gewerbeimmobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

N'est working tool

Actually I am for success in my job and what allowed me to be there is this canvasSince I've known it I'm always on topI've never been in love with a work tool but this one has put it in my hands and I'm madly in love with canvas which is currently my strength

True that it gives me joy in my work but the problem is based on the cost

Paulette
Professor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Longtime User of Canvas

Kommentare: I love being able to modify images to fit my precise needs for a lecture.

I have been using Canvas for modifying and creating images for my teaching slides for over 20 years. I am a Mac user and was very upset when they stopped supporting the Mac product and I was very happy when they introduced Canvas Draw.

It can be difficult to figure out how to do some things and the manual isn't always helpful.

Daniel
Director of Bonds & MOTS in USA
Hausmeisterservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple Project Plans

Kommentare: We save a ton of money by being able to do our design work in house and not going to a vender to provide this service. Besides the maintenance projects that I design I also use this program to create and maintain our school maps which include the school site layout, utility shut-offs, alarm pads, fire alarm locations, emergency evacuation routes, security gates and cameras, etc.

This software is packed with features. More then I will use as my use of the program is to design maintenance work for the maintenance department and for small contractor projects. I love the layers feature this program has.

To be honest the cons I have is that I am still learning this program. I have used other computer assisted programs and this one is quite good without a real steep learning curve. Having said that there is still more for me to learn as I have not yet reached its full potential. Still, several projects have been successfully completed being designed by me using Canvas X Draw.