Über PrintSmith Vision

PrintSmith Vision ist eine Softwarelösung für das Druckmanagement, die speziell für Schnelldruckereien, innerbetriebliche Druckereien und Franchise-Druckereien entwickelt wurde.

Erfahre mehr über PrintSmith Vision

PrintSmith Vision is very cost-effective for a small business and it works well enough for your day to day tasks. Having a full HTML5 version is exciting.

We have had challenges with the updates. The software is on our server and it is more difficult to do than when we were using the Classic version.

Bewertungen zu PrintSmith Vision

3,6
3,8

PrintSmith Vision hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 180 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du PrintSmith Vision bereits verwendet?

Charle
Charle
Contributing Writer in USA
Grafikdesign, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

An innovative and modern software system for any print company.

Kommentare: Print Smith is what I started off with when I started my job. Print Smith Vision is the evolution of this order management system that continues to innovate and surprise its users. I would recommend this program to anyone running a printing or marketing management business.

What I liked most about this software was all the new features in it. The amount of details and flexibility for each line item and job helps us push for more customers.

My only complaint about this software is it does occasionally get weird glitches. These glitches take away paper stock we have and we have to wait on an IT tech to work on it.

Nathaniel
Druck, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

One of the best MIS on the market in my opinion!

Kommentare: We started with one of the older versions about 25 years ago. we did at one time try a competitor before our upgrade to Vision. we dumped the new software 6 months into implementation as it was going to take another 18 months to implement it and would take a dedicated person for that time. Instead we took a week and upgraded to Vision and have never looked back...well other then to make the payments on the software we scraped...

I like the ease of use and set up. how it makes my company run more efficiently and helps gain and track profitability.

i cannot say there are too many cons with the software. If we come by a problem or glitch, we let the support know and they work their best to correct it or show us where we were looking at it wrong.

Druck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I wish there was more...

2,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We are moving to another MIS system after over 14 years with EFI PrintSmith and EPS PrintSmith Vision.

user-friendly interface, ease of navigation, modular pricing, and knowledgeable sales.

Support availability and response time, even for P1 priority (System down) requests. There is no 24-hour Support or support during major updates over the weekend. Limited credit card processor integration. USD-based billing, price and service.

Jeffrey

Long time User

Kommentare: My experience level with this software is quite high, along with knowledge of the system, so with that said it is an improving product. Fast track is an improvement on the Vision platform but EFI is only seeing the tip of the iceberg of what it can do.

The best feature is the new ShipExpress integration. The ease of use over the years has gotten better for the experience Print industry professional.

Relying on Report Writer to create some of the basic operations that should be included in the working platform in the form of a dashboard. Report Utilities is an example of an improvement but as the information does not link to the next level of information that should be available, especially as you are trying to manage your AR.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Aleyant PrintJobManager und DocketManager

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PrintSmith Vision: Improving product and ease of use. While the others had more features, they were not all easily used.

JOE

PrintSmith Review

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been very good.

PrintSmith is flexible enough to not only provide good quotes, etc. for print on paper but also to help us enter orders for non-paper products like screen printing.

When we upgraded to Vision, PrintSmith has not kept the scanning of job tickets so it will function like under PrintSmith Classic. This is very important in our print shops to help us with production management. We are disappointed that PrintSmith has not made it a priority to address. We have been using PrintSmith since 2002 and have not had an issue like this until the Vision upgrade. Please consider how you can help us with this.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Yes Management System

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PrintSmith Vision: Best value and fit our needs at the time in 2002.

Robert
Sales Manager in USA
Druck, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great but could use some improvements

Kommentare: I have used it for over 20 years now and I have been able to master the program over those years. I find it does the job and the positives far outweigh the negatives.

I like the updates to the software after they've taken in suggestions and requests for changes. They actually listen to customer input and make changes based on the number of requests received.

The functionality is sometimes clunky and they way the paper is calculated is backwards. I don't like the up's/on's formula they use for calculating the number of pages on a stapled or glue bound books.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: ePS Pace und wp2print

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PrintSmith Vision: Familiarity and ease of use plus integration with PrintSpeak.

Easy enough!

The quick reporting, estimating, invoicing, are all great features. Job history is great too. I like that it comes in segments that work for small businesses like mine, so I'm not paying for a bunch of features I don't use.

Now that it is all web based (I also used PrintSmith Classic) it would be nice if updating the software version was automatic.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: QuickBooks Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PrintSmith Vision: Price point and the level of service in tech support made this an easy purchase.

Jesse
Senior Business Systems Analyst in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Works well for what it is

Ticketing and jobs have a good flow. It's easy to get work going as requests come in, and it's a good way to monitor where each job is in each stage.

Communication with DSF is problematic. When creating new jobs from the online portal, we have to have manual touches to fix problems with each ticket.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: ePS Pace

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PrintSmith Vision: It was the cheaper option and fit with our smaller press.

Celina

Disappointing Support from EFI PrintSmith

Kommentare: It has been helpful for creating estimates, but falls very short. In order to create good estimates one needs to understand the labor to complete the tasks of a job. The Time Tracker in PrintSmith does not allow one to state when a job has been completed. The report does not break down the time by job task. I have been trying to no avail to get help in creating an appropriate report from PrintSmith support team and am getting nowhere. No one answers phones. PrintSmith Support does not respond to emails.

It was a promise to really help us, but falls short and there is a lack of customer support. This product falls very short. In order to create good estimates one needs to understand the labor to complete the tasks of a job. The Time Tracker in PrintSmith does not allow one to state when a job has been completed. The report does not break down the time by job task. I have been trying to no avail to get help in creating an appropriate report from PrintSmith support team and am getting nowhere. No one answers phones. PrintSmith Support does not respond to emails.

Really bad support alls very short. I have been trying to no avail to get help in creating an appropriate report from PrintSmith support team and am getting nowhere. No one answers phones. PrintSmith Support does not respond to emails.

Mary
Mary
General Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

30+ years PrintSmith user

Kommentare: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are GREAT!

I grew up on PrintSmith for my business. Over the years EFI has referred many prospects to me for references. Now we purchased DSF and have a really powerful workflow: DSF > PrintSmith > Fiery. I like the way EFI is constantly working to integrate products which will increase our revenue and profits.

When the software goes down, it really goes down! We struggled for a year after hiring EFI to port our products to a new server (Azure). We had a contract with EFI [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I ended up asking [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], respecfully, for a credit of $9332.20 because of my fiasco. I still haven't heard from him.

Erik
Graphic Design in USA

Some honest thoughts about PrintSmith Vision from a longtime user

Kommentare: While PrintSmith Vision gets the job done, it can be an unpleasant experience. Printsmith Classic was a much better software and was incredibly fast. We could build quotes in real time while talking to a customer. Can't do that with Vision. It's too slow, unreliable and buggy. I hope this gets fixed in the new version.

It's the only software option available for the print industry that isn't outrageously priced. It does a good job of maintaining a database of clients, building quotes and managing projects.

This software is clunky, slow, and buggy. An unpleasant user experience and has always felt like a downgrade from PrintSmith Classic. Simple updates are a pain and we never receive notifications that there is a new update. PS Vision updates have never supported current operating systems, and are typically a few OS versions behind. EFI made the unfortunate decision to develop Vision in Flash which at the time everyone knew was losing support in favor of HTML5. This is most likely why it's so buggy. Hopefully they get the new version right but early versions of "Fast Track" leave me uneasy and lacking confidence because many important features we used in Classic and Vision are not available (for example dragging jobs and line items over from other invoices and estimates).

Amy
Graphic Designer/Customer Service Rep in USA

Vision and Digital Storefront

Kommentare: EFIs team is amazing to work with. They are very responsive and knowledgeable with the products that they sell. One on one training is well worth the cost and they help you customize the product to your needs.

Vision is a great software and very versatile when it comes to estimating a project. It allows you to not only estimate a project but take it into production and then bill out at the end. It also has a good integration with Digital Storefront allowing easy access for clients to place orders.

Vision can be challenging to learn if you do not have a printing background, so that is very help when it comes to operating the software. Also the integration with Digital Storefront is very time consuming and not as easy as expected.

Danielle
Druck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Terrible Customer Service and upgrades are still a work in progress

Kommentare: Overall, we would appreciate a better response on the customer service side and be able to talk to someone that can help us migrate as well as figure out these issues with the new system.

The new Fast Track puts things in front of you for easy access.

Inconvenient to go from Legacy to Fast Track to access items not available in the new system yet. Customer service is lacking - requests to have someone call is answered with instructions on how to do it yourself and our request is immediately closed out. We finally had someone call us from overseas (India) and he was unable to get us operational on a new computer. At square one again as far as moving Printsmith to another computer. Reports are not as user friendly in the new Fast Track side. Can't easily retrieve Daily Sales and Monthly Sales as we were able to in the Legacy side. Would like a feature to turn off seeing every part in Work in Progress, to name a few.

Manager - University Printing in USA
Museen & Institutionen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

PrintSminh VIsion

Kommentare: Generally good. It took awhile and some dollars spend to get it up to it's potential.

Vision offers a top down view of our print operations.

Difficult to set up. Overly complicated at times. Biased towards offset printing over digital and wide format. User interface not friendly, though getting better. Billing too complicated and lengthy

Emily
Co-owned in USA
Druck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Legacy was earlier to use.

Kommentare: There are way too many features to I can’t find in Vision. It’s hard to find the features I don’t use very often. It’s easy to find the ones I use daily because they are on the “home” screen.

It is easy to move around in. It’s color coded.

I don’t know where any of the administrators features are; how to unlock records, how to do journal entry without locking a client, how to manage and change passwords and users. Basically all the features that where very easy to find in the Legacy Print Smith. It’s also way to “touchy”, I end up accidentally pressing a bottom when moving the mouse over it.

ROBERT
Managing Member in USA

Vision Assessement

Kommentare: Moving from Legacy to Vision created challenges, but overall Vision is a better product, and once all the bugs are eliminated, it will be excellent.

We transitioned from Legacy. It was difficult, but the changes made it easier to move around in each component of Vision. Entering invoices is easier, leaving notes and attached digital docs is very useful. Dashboard.

Many quirks in this release. Screen columns do not move smoothly. Charges from old invoices from Legacy do not import well and cannot be deleted. We lost ability to add delivery notes after an invoice is posted. Shifting an SQL database and language makes creating simple reports near impossible. Auto log off time is far too short, let administrators shut that feature off. Some log dates are in EU format.

Bruce
BDM in Australien

PrintSmith Vision

Kommentare: We run a hub-and-spoke print organisation and the ability of multiple sites to enter jobs and tickets being used to remotely produce work is the heart of our business. Not sure how we would do it without PrintSmith.

Easy job building with automatic volume pricing is by far the key to the software's success. A meaningful and easy to follow job ticket is the second most powerful tool. The logging of pending estimates and easy conversion to invoice/job is the third.

There is far too much button clicking "Confirm, Save, Confirm, Save" The WIP shows only in client alphabetical listing, does not remember the order desired (eg date due). The NOTES section adds two blank lines every time it is confirmed. A delivery docket is treated as a form of invoice - it is not.

Ketan

Great MIS System

Kommentare: Wonderful and easy to use!

Love the Integration with the other EFI Product. Love that the program runs web based.

It is a little pricey. and each part of the program is sold separate add ons.

Janell
Print and Mail Service Coordinator in USA
Druck, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

General User's View

Kommentare: I am still learning the system, but over all I have been able to use it
most of the day without having to go back to the earlier model. I like
when you can go into Job Comments put in were the job is at any given
time. Example "Job done waiting for pick up" / "Job in bindery area" /
"Waiting for second part of job". With this option, other worker can see
what has been done and if it is ready to be picked up or even mailed.

I like the pending selection it allows you to select 1 or more invoices at the same time. Get allows you to either print or posted the invoices. The service technician's are smart, knowable, and helpful even when you ask the same question more than one time.

Some times an invoice will get locked by another user, when this happens I have to go into the old system to unlock it by going to Help to Session Utilities. I have not been able to find out how to do it in Print Vison

Michelle
Executive Assistant in USA

The new Vision Fastrack is not easy to navigate

Kommentare: The Legacy Vision is pretty user friend as it was very similar to the previous version but this Fast Track is going to be very complicated for me in the back office as well as extremely difficult for our Customer Service Reps who need to have ease of use for those customers who walk in and need an invoice/estimate or POS fast. I am hoping that the new update will make this easier on all that utilize this all day everyday.

The original PrintSmith Vision (Legacy) was very easy to use and navigate. When there was an issue it was generally a very quick fix.

It can be glitchy at times, close down unexpectedly, run VERY slow. The new Fast Track Vision is quite complicated as it is so vastly different from the Legacy version.

Allen
Assistant Director Printing Det. in USA
Druck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

PrintSmith is a valuable tool for the printing industry, it has its learning curve though.

Kommentare: My overall review of the Vision is still not great yet, to me it was easier to navigate on the Classic version.

It streamlines many functions that is needed in the printing/copying operation whether its commercial or inplant educational.

The disapointing part of the Vision program is that there are still many flaws or functions that have not been finalized yet. I would still like to have the option of going back and forth to the Classic version.

stephan
president in USA

I love Vision......

Kommentare: Very, very thankful for this upgrade as its made the task of estimating faster which allows me to be more responsive to my clients.

efi has done a fabulous job in getting Vision over to being cloud based. I love the ability to log in from anywhere and have no degradation in speed/performance.

There are very few things that I don't like at this time. I think the system might not be as strong in estimating large format and how it handles oversized substrates. Also, I wish there was a recall button to pull up the last estimate I was working on. (The old Printsmith version had this).

Joe

PrintSmith Vision

Kommentare: Overall... after we get past the learning curve of using the Classic Platform to the Vision.
I expect that we'll be preferring the Vision.

The more we get used to this after using the Classic Platform for many years... the more we're liking it. But, the learning curve can be a bit frustrating.

Still having issues with where things are, or how to set-up certain quotes and invoices to mimic the look and feel of the Classic Platform that we've used for many years. I have another list of questions for customer support that will hopefully address the concerns.

Vice President in USA

Glitches in the system have not been addressed for over 2 years

The overall look is nice and it moves more seamlessly then legacy

Glitches in the system have not been addressed for over 2 years Most of the time it takes support 2 or 3 days to get back to you unless you cry its an emergency. You can not copy and paste like you could in legacy You can not print a credit card receipt if it fails to print the first time. Need to confirm multiple times to save a simple job, legacy was much easier.

Dan
Lead Indigo Pressman in USA

PrintSmith for 20 Years

Kommentare: I started using this product in 1999 when I was hired as the manager here. It was the program being used when I started

EFI PrintSmith Vision gives us great latitude in pricing and control. Fairly easy to train new employees in its use.

Converting from the Legacy edition was a bit of a problem. The billing and A/R functions were a little bit slow to be transferred over. However with that being said, we were able to access the Legacy version for this functionality until it was transferred over.