Über EFI PrintSmith Vision

EFI PrintSmith Vision is a print management software solution designed for quick print, in-plant printers and franchise print shops.

Erfahre mehr über EFI PrintSmith Vision

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Erhältlich in diesen Ländern

Erhältlich in diesen Ländern

Nutzung

Haben Sie EFI PrintSmith Vision bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Office Manager in USA

Easy enough!

5 letztes Jahr

The quick reporting, estimating, invoicing, are all great features. Job history is great too. I like that it comes in segments that work for small businesses like mine, so I'm not paying for a bunch of features I don't use.

Now that it is all web based (I also used PrintSmith Classic) it would be nice if updating the software version was automatic.

Nathaniel G.
Druck, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

One of the best MIS on the market in my opinion!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We started with one of the older versions about 25 years ago. we did at one time try a competitor before our upgrade to Vision. we dumped the new software 6 months into implementation as it was going to take another 18 months to implement it and would take a dedicated person for that time. Instead we took a week and upgraded to Vision and have never looked back...well other then to make the payments on the software we scraped...

I like the ease of use and set up. how it makes my company run more efficiently and helps gain and track profitability.

i cannot say there are too many cons with the software. If we come by a problem or glitch, we let the support know and they work their best to correct it or show us where we were looking at it wrong.

Scott S.
PrePress Manager/IT in USA

PrintSmith Vision

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Overall I would say my overall experience with PrintSmith Vision is a positive one. I feel once a person gets into it and starts using it. The software does what is expected of it.

I feel PrintSmith Vision is probably one of the best estimating software for the printing industry. The real beauty of it is that you can truly break down your costs and see if you are making money on any job. It breaks it down to a monthly summary in all departments so that you can see how much each department made that month. Helps you identify your weaknesses and strengths.

PrintSmith Vision does have a few things I would love to change to make it better for the users. For most of the stuff I would like to see fixed I can contact the support and request changes.

Ruffin M.
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good platform, but needs improvement in areas

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: While the new user interface makes PrintSmith much more appealing than a lot of other basic MIS options out there, there are enough issues with PrintSmith poorly handling different aspects of production that leave me with mixed feelings about the platform. It might be fine for small shops with limited production capabilities, but probably not the best/most efficient solution for handling production processes other than digital and offset printing.

The html5 update was long needed and helped put PrintSmith ahead of the competition when it comes to user interface. We use the EFI-hosted option which makes it a breeze to access from not only anywhere in the shop, but also makes it so much easier to access remotely. There are also integration options for Fiery RIP's if you take the time to set it up.

PrintSmith does a terrible job with handling production processes other than digital and offset printing. The way it processes wide format and merchandise production is clunky at best and leaves you wondering if the engineers ever even bothered to take into consideration the way that shops actually handle pricing and production. There are many strange (and often very cumbersome) quirks throughout the platform that make it seem like EFI doesn't care too much about refining PrintSmith to operate intuitively or smoothly and that they're more focused on making the platform simply appear versatile and easy.

Jeffrey R.

Long time User

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My experience level with this software is quite high, along with knowledge of the system, so with that said it is an improving product. Fast track is an improvement on the Vision platform but EFI is only seeing the tip of the iceberg of what it can do.

The best feature is the new ShipExpress integration. The ease of use over the years has gotten better for the experience Print industry professional.

Relying on Report Writer to create some of the basic operations that should be included in the working platform in the form of a dashboard. Report Utilities is an example of an improvement but as the information does not link to the next level of information that should be available, especially as you are trying to manage your AR.

Jim M.
Partner in USA

An honest review

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We depend on PrintSmith Vision to do what we do every day, consistently and seamlessly. Our experiences with the product has overall been excellent.

PrintSmith Vision is so complete and robust. It handles all of the tasks we need from estimating/quoting client projects, order entry, tracking, invoicing, account history, etc. From our CSR, to pre-press and production teams, to accounting, this software keeps us on track, consistent and timely.

Since it's so complete and robust it can be a bit intimidating at first. However, once a user is accostomed to using the software and it's numerous features, it becomes apparent that EFI has done a good job of thoughtful development.

Joe D.
Druck, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

PrintSmith Review

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been very good.

PrintSmith is flexible enough to not only provide good quotes, etc. for print on paper but also to help us enter orders for non-paper products like screen printing.

When we upgraded to Vision, PrintSmith has not kept the scanning of job tickets so it will function like under PrintSmith Classic. This is very important in our print shops to help us with production management. We are disappointed that PrintSmith has not made it a priority to address. We have been using PrintSmith since 2002 and have not had an issue like this until the Vision upgrade. Please consider how you can help us with this.

Melinda A.
Manager, Ferris Printing Services in USA
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good for entry level users

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: PrintSmith does estimating and job management quite well. Inventory has been recently implemented but we're finding as have others that it doesn't work properly yet. For what it is, it works better than lesser systems but it doesn't do everything needed.

It does what a small printshop needs to do - tracks information way better than doing so manually. Set up is fairly simple but takes some time to understand and become familiar with. In my years of working with many different EFI products (Hagen, Monarch, Epace, Printsmith) it's difficult to get someone on the phone who really understands printing and what is being asked. As an example - a field might be called something. If you need clarification about what's meant to go there, good luck. Representatives can parrot back the help screens or what's in a manual but if you want more actual help with how the system is used, an incident has to be escalated to get a programmer to contact you. After that, it takes a bit to get that person to really understand what you are trying to do because they often aren't USERS and/or are not users in a Print Production Operation.

Many of the features don't work as they are supposed to (inventory is one) - there is not an easy way to interface with EFI regarding the status of the software or bugs - one can log into a list serve and see the issues but who knows when something might work right. Before working at Ferris another company where I managed used PrintSmith as well. Similar issues. It does some things well, other things not. Some things that seem logical, it does not do - like a mechanism that offers discounts or credits on the cash register. There's no way to allow a receipt of a coupon or enter a discount without entering a job and going away from the cash register. Set up is fairly simple but takes some time to understand and become familiar with. In my years of working with many different EFI products (Hagen, Monarch, Epace, Printsmith) it's difficult to get someone on the phone who really understands printing and what is being asked. As an example - a field might be called something. If you need clarification about what's meant to go there, good luck. Representatives can parrot back the help screens or what's in a manual but if you want more actual help with how the system is used, an incident has to be escalated to get a programmer to contact you. After that, it takes a bit to get that person to really understand what you are trying to do because they often aren't USERS and/or are not users in a Print Production Operation.

Mary S.
Mary S.
General Manager in USA

30+ years PrintSmith user

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are GREAT!

I grew up on PrintSmith for my business. Over the years EFI has referred many prospects to me for references. Now we purchased DSF and have a really powerful workflow: DSF > PrintSmith > Fiery. I like the way EFI is constantly working to integrate products which will increase our revenue and profits.

When the software goes down, it really goes down! We struggled for a year after hiring EFI to port our products to a new server (Azure). We had a contract with EFI [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I ended up asking [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], respecfully, for a credit of $9332.20 because of my fiasco. I still haven't heard from him.

Michael H.
Design Lead and Center Manager in USA
Druck, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A tour-de-force of inconsistencies and limitations.

2 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Frustration and annoyance. You can make PrintSmith work, but it's far harder than it should be. We're locked in (both by corporate requirement and by a PrintSmith job history going back to 1994) but we would absolutely use something else if we realistically could.

It's faster than PrintSmith Vision Legacy (the Flash-based one, not Classic).

Operational security is terrible. Vision requires a connected browser with Flash and Javascript active. In 2020! Also, since all print output is generated as PDFs loaded in the browser window they can be reopened across sessions from history. Not good! Search is weirdly inconsistent. Sometimes you have to use special characters like % to search for partial matches, sometimes not, etc. Controls are inconsistent. Some dialogs are worded that clicking "Yes" is destructive, while in others "No" is. Columns in lists jump around when you change views and cannot be accurately resized. Why are some buttons round, some oval, and some rounded squares? Why are some controls buttons, others fly-out menus, and still others completely hidden unless you mouse over them? There doesn't seem to be a consistent reasoning behind these decisions. Many, many features that existed in PrintSmith Classic are non-existent or severely limited; likely all due to making this a web app instead of standalone client software. For instance: still no key-command equivalents for much of anything. Still no "Open previous document" command. Still cannot copy jobs from one pending document to another pending document in any way. It's extremely difficult to edit the templates for invoices, estimates, statements, etc. and requires different software (and training!) to do. It wasn't real easy to do in Classic, but it was better than this. I never thought I'd pine for the days of PrintSmith 6 on MacOS 9...

Danny W.
System Implementation in USA
Druck, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

PrintSmith Vision - Coming of Age

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: For years the PrintSmith department has been challenged by so many Users (over 4,000) that have been paying little to nothing for Classic. Now with the change in requiring maintenance contracts hopefully this will provide additional funding for expanded development and support resources.
EFI/PrintSmith need to have better (any) notification of new releases. The forums say they do, but they don't. I manage to get all the marketing messages, but very few, if any notifications about new releases.
The documentation of the User Guide use to be fantastic, now the User Guide offers little education and is specific to the release rather than a complete updated guide each time. I know the challenge of keeping this up, but the quality of what is there is poor.
Updating the software is now very easy, the latest is 15 clicks and 15 minutes.

Emailing - Several variable data templates for; Invoices, Estimates, Post Payments, Cash Register, Purchase Order and Statements. Will list all contacts within an Account, allows you to CC yourself. When setup will add outgoing email tracking to customer Logs Pending List Search - No more scrolling, you can search from the column titles. Uses predictive text so just a few letters typically finds what you are looking for. Notify Customer - Much improved over Classic. Ability to create tasks for yourself and others, having reminders when you log in, and email functionality make this a very usable light CRM Digital Assets - A Classic feature grown up. Easy to attach artwork to each job makes pulling job history all that much better. You can submit those attached jobs directly to a compatible Fiery Device and monitor production from the WIP window Remote Access - No more VPN, Team Viewer, Go to My PC, Chicken of the VNC. The ability to access the system from any computer anywhere is a huge benefit. For Support people the ability to access the system dramatically improves support service delivery. It includes a true mobile application designed for Phones and Tablets goes even further to cut the cord. Customized Screens are Back - Dashboard, Pending List, WIP list are now all custom to the User...thank you Dashboard - In Fast Track this now becomes a truly usable overall look at the Center, whether by individual user or the whole Center, good ability to customize as well

There has been a considerable effort to convert to HTML (the years spent on Flash were very unsatisfying and IMO the wrong direction to have gone) has left behind many bugs. I hope after October there will be a pause in new functionality to fix many areas of the program. Stock Definitions - Once a rock solid functionality now suffers from development moving too fast and not enough QA. The Job Details Stock picker is a great concept that needs additional attention as well as the new Stock Picker screen trying to squeeze too much in too small a space.

Steven E.

User of PrintSmith Classic since 1997

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: PrintSmith Vision Works very much like the Classic version, only slower because it is browser based. Overall I am very disappointed with the decisions made by EFI to take a beautiful and functional product and turn it into what it is now, and more disappointed that I am now being forced to learn an entirely different product.

I went with Vision because I had to upgrade our computers and that was the only Option. PrintSmith Classic fit my company like a glove, ease of use, it was a downloaded stand alone product not tied to the internet. I switched to PrintSmith Vision because I had no choice.

The sluggish running PrintSmith Vision is, although slower, still very close to the PrintSmith Classic I have run for 22 years. Now they tell me it may not work after only 2 years of use and I will have to switch to Fast Track because Flash is going away. Fast Track is NOTHING like Classic OR Vision, and I am very upset they did not tell me this in advance, as I would have certainly shopped for another vendor with a product closer to what I am used to running.

Greg M.
Production in USA

Our PrintSmith Experience

4 letztes Jahr

The point of sale information capture is what has been most impactful for our business. Having a workflow that eliminates touchpoints makes our daily operation more efficient. The need to use data for decision making is now possible and just like every process, it requires time to learn that skill. All in all, this system is what we needed to move forward because of obsolete operating modes.

The only difficulty with this system was finding the time to learn it while still operating. That is not a fault of the system but a paradigm change with our organization.

Darryl D.

Vision Does the Job

4 letztes Jahr

We had 30+ years of PrintSmith Classic data and it imported in to Vision seamlessly.

The upgrades like Tracker and Report Writer seem to be priced significantly higher than we would expect. We would actually expect them to be part of the actual base program. The constant updates to transition away from Flash should have taken place as a single upgrade instead of having to use company resources on multiple occasions. Also, transitioning from Classic to Legacy and then ultimately to Fast Trac is overly burdensome in terms of training and retraining users. Burning small company resources. Additionally, it would have been nice to have the software look for the updates and ask to download and install like most Windows applications instead of forcing the user to keep checking EFI for the latest updates and manually compare version numbers and manually download and install. There are still a few bugs that we have to work around that came over from Classic.

Neal C.

EFI PrintSmith Vision is a key to our company's success

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We started using PrintSmith Classic in 2001. A few years ago we switched to PrintSmith Vision. The way the programmers ported the functionality to a browser based version was nothing short of amazing. Then, they created a completely new user interface to run with HTML5, which is even easier to use, more powerful, and more responsive to the user. EFI support has been excellent.

PrintSmith Vision includes every element needed to manage our digital printing operation, including estimating, invoicing, stock management, scheduling, shipping and delivery, and more. I love the way we're able to prepare estimates quickly and easily, and then convert them into invoices for actual job production. Once you get good at using the software, you learn how to create estimates/invoices so they contain all of the information needed for: the invoice the customer sees; the job tickets that each department of your production staff sees; the info needed to order stock; the info needed to ship or deliver the job and create packing slips.

There's very little that I don't like about PrintSmith Vision. There is a lot to learn and setup, but that is because the software does so much.

Robert I.
- in Kanada
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Your title is misleading "How has your experience with EFI PrintStream Vision been?" PRINTSMITH

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I'm not looking Back to the Legacy version of PrintSMITH Vision. Use it very rarely. I'm Enjoying the New Fast Track

It is improving as it goes along. It is getting to be very USER FRIENDLY . The legacy was not much user friendly. Getting around is pleasant and quick. Cutting down on wasted time.

Other than Mousing around, I'd rather have a little more Keyboard use. Nothing to complain about EFI is improving PrintSMITH VISION fast Track. Taking time, but it's improving.

Cathy C.
Manager, Print Svc in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Can't wait to use all it's features

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: EFI is always awesome and on their game. If you need support from a group of people, you have the best with EFI. Even over other products, other companies, EFI is at the top with support. They know their job, too. Rarely do you spend hours or days on the phone with them. They fix you up right away.

We didn't lose our history, we are still supported by EFI, it still has the same functions just located somewhere else. I really Like that EFI for the first time in 20 years put a space between Fast and Track. And spelled both words correctly. It's about time. And easier to find when doing an internet search.

I don't mind the buttons, but definitely don't like: Looking all over God's country to find what had been easier to locate with drop down windows. DISLIKE the confirm my change to bindery addition (everyone of them, every time), then confirm it again on returning to job window on the second tab, confirm the change or no change to account information on the first tab, then going to third tab to save it. Were there real printers who are busy folks, test trial this version? DISLIKE the whole account history; don't like having to go to account history to add temporary contact in a new job ticket. When it was right there before. FT is a 4-wheel road to finding functions while driving a Euro car. I do take responsibility that I haven't used it long at all. As a rule, I don't ever have problems to figuring and finding what I need in any new software. I'll take the ease of adaptability of the Classic version any day over scouting what I need, and having far too many buttons/tabs to select to do a simple ticket. Loses all the ease. The stock selection is just a whole different deal. I personally have lots of work waiting on me. don't mean to beat it down, but the Classic only needed some mods, not a whole revamp. Color is nice FT.

Dietrich H.
Server engineer in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Customer support was great

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I was able to remove an outdated server, and replace it with a hosted solution that does the same functions for less than the cost of keeping a server running on prem.

We had been using PrintSmith for 10+ years, and had a very old version. We had a server with a USB device that served as the key, and would remote in to do jobs. Our print team was very reluctant to change cause it just worked, and had for a decade. So the upgrade process was a multi stage that could have been a real nightmare. But working with the EFI team we got them into our old environment they pulled the data upgraded everything and then deployed it into our new Vision environment. Than they did training for the user so they would understand how it has changed.

EFI had some growing pains with Flash and it no longer being used. That seems to be resolved.

Annette F.
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

overall good product but hopefully fine-tuning revisions will continue

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Vision is very different from old Print Smith Classic -- mostly for the better but still wish some Classic functions could have been maintained. Feels like more input is needed from actual printshop users to make functionality better streamlined -- Vision is a powerful tool with a lot of potential, but still needs tweaking.

Transfer of data from Classic to Vision went smoothly; overall user friendly design; allows for broad range of digital & offset print functions; tech support is helpful

lags if your internet connection is not stellar; forms & reports are difficult to create & standard forms are not designed optimally; having to switch to Legacy for some functions is slow & frustrating; still finding glitches which makes me question integrity of the estimates I'm producing, especially if pulling from previously filed jobs; stock definitions are not easily maintained

Mirinda G.
Manager in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Worth the investment if you have the time

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall it has helped our business processes but it takes a lot of time to setup and manage. I wish more training was offered - I know we are only using some of the most basic features and at times we still feel like we are stumbling.

It's nice that we can price complex jobs fairly quickly once the system was set up.

The conversion to HTML (instead of Flash) has been very long, and we are still concerned about missing functions on the HTML side. It also takes a bit of time to go in and update pricing - could be much more user friendly especially for basic functions. Wish there were more standard reports available. We also purchased Digital StoreFront under the impression that the two systems would sync seamlessly, and this hasn't been the case. We have to manage complex pricing in both systems, which is a nightmare since the two use completely different pricing methodologies. One would assume that if you update a paper price in one system that you sync it with the other system automatically.

Tyler M.
Co-Owner in Kanada

Printsmith

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Printsmith is a big improvement over the MIS software that we were using prior (WebCRD by Rochester). The algorithms used for generating pricing were close to what we were using prior, so setting up the software in a manner that kept pricing consistency was easier than we thought it would be.

Stability is good, as is the overall functionality.

Updates should be automatic, or at least more intuitive to implement. We've found some glitches in the algorithms that price out wide format products, but that may have been fixed in a newer update.

Amy S.
Graphic Designer/Customer Service Rep in USA

Vision and Digital Storefront

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: EFIs team is amazing to work with. They are very responsive and knowledgeable with the products that they sell. One on one training is well worth the cost and they help you customize the product to your needs.

Vision is a great software and very versatile when it comes to estimating a project. It allows you to not only estimate a project but take it into production and then bill out at the end. It also has a good integration with Digital Storefront allowing easy access for clients to place orders.

Vision can be challenging to learn if you do not have a printing background, so that is very help when it comes to operating the software. Also the integration with Digital Storefront is very time consuming and not as easy as expected.

Del S.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Its getting Better

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: we've had some bumpy rides starting up. The longer you work with the product and the upgrades are made the more comfortable you become. For a system at its price point the value is there. I think that most would pay just a bit more to have a bit more ease of use.

I appreciate that this product while it can stand alone and support a print shop. The most important thing about this software is that it integrates with MDSF which is our virtual print shop "front door".

My teams least favorite thing about the software is the limitations we have as it relates to making modifications for ease of use for an in Plant Operation.

Gina G.

20 year user

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We have had a great experience with EFI. The technical support team is very knowledgeable and helpful. They are a partner to your company and only a phone call away.

We love the account history feature. It is nice to be able to use the previous order to create the current one. It saves a lot of time!

We have had challenges with the updates. The software is on our server and it is more difficult to do than when we were using the Classic version.

Susan C.
Co-owner, VP in USA
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Much better than the alternative

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Serves our needs, but definitely not the best software support I've ever gotten.

This software provides account and order history to help us provide better quality customer service. It has replaced boxes and boxes of paperwork and helped us to keep jobs on our radar and eliminate duplication of effort or lost jobs.

It is not intuitive enough for counter/front line staff to use effectively in a small operation. It is not intuitive for removing / catching duplicates or editing existing data. When asked to watch the training software for Fast Track, employees had a hard time understanding what the software was doing or how it would improve their work. It is missing a significant functionality to allow access to the data in the software, which can only be remedied by adding and expensive add-on "report writer" which consists of thousands of "reports" as opposed to data file extracts.