Über Google Voice

Sprachanruflösung, die Voicemail-Abschrift, Nummernzuweisung, Anrufweiterleitung, Anrufgruppen und mehr bietet.

Erfahre mehr über Google Voice

It was pretty simple to use. It had a sleek design via the website.

Sometimes this is a little awkward when asking someone high profile to call you.

Bewertungen zu Google Voice

4,0

Google Voice hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 255 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Google Voice bereits verwendet?

Rick K.
Rick K.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Google Voice is our primary phone service

5 vor 5 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: Google Voice is the BEST way to have a second phone number on your cell phone. It's been our primary work phone number for many years.

Being mobile and working perfectly on my cell phone is by far the best feature.

I wish I could more easily have more phone numbers connected to my Google account.

Steven S.
Steven S.
Design, Selbstständig

Excellent Business Phone Line

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It has been very good. Sometimes I answer and the call drops or it is quiet for a little bit and then the call drops but when I look into the number, it is a spam caller anyways. When there is a person trying to get ahold of my business, I am always able to talk to them or they leave a message.

I use this as my business line since I work from home and only have a cell phone. But now I am able to have an office line to receive phone calls and texts at no extra cost. The transcript feature is really nice, so if anyone leaves a voice message, I also receive an email with a written transcript. It doesn't always make sense but it is nice to see the email first if I can't get to listening to the message for a while.

For what I need it for and how I use it as a business phone, I have not run into any problems or things I don't like.

Hygiene assistant in Deutschland
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Useful app with frustration

3 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Excited to use the software in full in coming months.

This app comes with excellent features. Very lucrative appearance and development, meant to make online meetings more easier than before.

Unfortunately, this application is not working in my location here in Germany which is really frustrating. I hope developers will solve this problem very soon in their next updates.

Archit G.
Postdoctoral Scientist in USA
Biotechnologie, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Excellent call quality and telephony service

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

I like the most about Google Voice is that it has an excellent call quality. It assigns you a personal number and you can call for free all over in USA or from another country to USA. A subscription can also be taken to call internationally which I was frequently using in Hangouts but I will be using this feature of Voice as well in future.

It asks you to select a region for assigning a number. I feel that for a beginner, it can be a little tricky. I think Voice should auto-detect the location and assigns a number automatically based on it. I hope they improve on that in future. Other than that, I like everything that Voice offers.

Matthew W.
Home Inspector in Kanada

Google Voice is Great! But Limited

Kommentare: Overall Google Voice is a good solution for most people

I love the ability to have an additional phone line on my cell phone that allows me to keep business calls separate from my personal number. And that I can still have a local number for my business.

Google Voice is only available to the USA it seems, limits the portion of my business operating in Canada. Was forced to move to another service due to these limitations.

Robert R.
Robert R.
Contractor in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, Selbstständig

The best free phone number you could ever own

4 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I've had the same Goggle Voice number for over a decade. I've used it as the main number for my Real Estate business, and have never had a problem transferring it to another phone. It's an incredible service that is 100% free.

I don't think most people are aware of all the advantages having a Google Voice number provides. You can make phone calls over Wi-Fi (without having wireless active service). You can transport your number with ease to any provider at anytime. You can screen phone calls and even listen to messages while they are being left. You can take the call while a message is being left You can have your Google Voice number forwarded to multiple other phones which will all ring. The list goes on and on.

There are times when a phone call may not come through or you are unable to make an outgoing call.

Robert M.
Robert M.
Marketing Director in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Google Voice - an innovative Phone Service

4 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Google Voice is personalized through my workflow, something I like about Google Voice is that it works with artificial intelligence which helps block spam calls, automatically transcribes voice messages helping save time, allows you to centralize the most important thanks to its integration with Google Meet and Google Calendar.

I really like this platform because I can make calls from any device without having to buy a physical SIM card, I like the fact that it integrates with Google Workspace and best of all, it's easy to use. Google Voice is a voice telephone service over Internet protocol, in other words, it is an alternative for work appointments without the need to give your personal cell phone, it is synchronized with your cell phone, but these calls will only reach you unless you have a phone Internet access. With these tools you can send and receive calls and text messages. Google Voice stores, processes, and maintains your call history (including caller's phone number, called person's phone number, date, time, and duration of the call), greetings voicemail, voicemail messages, SMS messages, and other data related to your account to provide you with the service.

The only thing I don't like about Google Voice is that I can't record outgoing calls.

Personal use in El Salvador
Outsourcing/Offshoring, Selbstständig

Free phone number!

5 vor 4 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: The experience has been great, over 11 years of use. Great quality, free calls, and I've been able to keep in touch with family and friends.

It's been probably 11 years since I created my Google Voice account and I have not regretted it at all. I live out of the US, so contacting my family or friends was difficult. Local tariffs for international calls were high and using other apps like MagicJack or similar devices required an monthly fee to use. The fact that his integrated into my Google account was just great, no need for a third party device that I had to attach to my computer. Being able to make calls at no cost was just a win/win scenario. Easy to use, great quality audio, I've never really had any issues with the account.

I would have to say that on my mobile phone, I do have issues where the Voice App does not work properly, but around 95% of the time I use my pc for calling.

Terencio W.
Terencio W.
Founder in USA
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great business phone solutions to new business owners

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

This phone option is great for business owners just starting that are concerned about overhead in the beginning. You can assign numbers and user with distinct lines to suit the needs of the business. What's also great is you can make calls through your computer also and receive text messages. Additional upgrade options, such as automated voicemail features, are available to route to different departments.

In certain situations, you may not list this number as an option, as some service does not allow VOIP phone services.

Brianna P.
Sr. Recruiting Supervisor in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

I love using Google Voice

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

I use google voice to protect my personal phone number when doing business without having to pay for another line. I like that google voice also sends me copies of calls via e-mail to my inbox so I can choose to read and respond rather than always take a call.

I wish there were more customization options for the phone number you can choose, but regardless, I am happy with their service.

Dispatch department manager for hvac in USA
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Long lasting free integratabtle phone services

Kommentare: I've had a great experience. It's one of the longest running apps I've used on a daily basis and Google always keeps it up to date and has consistently brought new integration possibilities out to keep it worthy. Plus it's free. When I've changed carrier services I've always been able to count on voice to have me stay reachable. I never have to worry about keeping the bill paid to keep my number active.

Its free for text to anyone and any number and calling to any US number is free. Ive been using with the same number for about 10yrs. The Google voice number has lasted longer than my paid carrier numbers. It integrates with paid carriers so texting can be done without an internet connection. Forward incoming calls to your carrier number. Have voicemails transcribed so you don't have to listen to them. Record live telephone calls. Protect your personal number and give businesses your voice number. Did i mention it's free?

There are a lot of options like recording live calls and voicemail transcribing but it could have so much more but honestly you can perform nearly everything you need from it's free package. It does become an issue with some services because the phone number is considered VoIP or an internet number and not a "real" number and using it to sign up for things can't be done. However; it's becoming more and more accepted as life becomes more intwined with technology

Aziz K.
Information Systems Lead in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Google Voice for Non-Profit

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Google has been pushing out new features and making their product competitive with other products already on the market. The integration with all other Google Workspace products makes this even better as there is less setup/configuration required when rolling out these products.

Both the web version and app are accessible for our visually impaired users. The integration with our Google Contacts and Google Workspace directory is convenient.

Not having access to 3 way calling is inconvenient as sometimes as an IT support person I need to get the support reps from other companies on a call with our end users.

Beth D.
USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Great, free app for VOIP calls

I've used this app for years, and even though it's not one they're really doing much with anymore, I'm glad it's still up and running. I did hear they were planning to upgrade it or integrate it in some other platform eventually, but while I know it's part of Google Hangouts, I don't know about future plans. I can't tell you how many times I've lost my cell phone in the house somewhere, and having done away with landlines 20 years ago, I don't have another phone to use to call my missing cell to find it. So I use Google Voice to dial my cell, and track it down while it's ringing. (Yes, I know I can also use Find My Phone, but the few times I have tried that, it told me the phone was out of range, when in fact it was in the next room.) Also, for a while there I was having battery charging issues with my phone and it would die all the time. Google Voice was a great option for getting in touch with someone if I couldn't use my phone. Google Voice also gives you your own phone number, so for instance, on my website I used my Googe Voice phone number instead of giving out a personal cell number. Google Voice also takes messages, and although the alerts to having new Google Voice messages hasn't worked completely reliably, it is cool that it will transcribe the message for you using voice recognition so you can click on a message and just read it rather than having to listen to it. But of course voice recognition isn't always right, so sometimes the messages are a little garbled, but you can usually figure out what was said. There's no delay or hum on the line when I have used it to make calls. And you can text through this connection, too. If you go into settings and configure it the right way, you can even switch from Google Voice to another phone in the middle of the call. There are apps for Android use, although I haven't used any of them. And if you use it through the Google Hangouts portal, you can "face time" and conference call and share files. Oh - and calls are free in the US. If you want to call outside the US you have to add money to the account first.

Not a lot has been done to the basic app in a while by Google, so if they are planning some big roll out of a new and improved version, that would be great. If you use it outside the Hangouts platform, it is pretty simplistic, but serves its purpose. There's really not a lot negative you can say about it. It makes calls and takes calls and the quality of the connection is pretty good. For free.

Signe J.
Signe J.
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Excellent FREE phone service!

Kommentare: Google Voice solves a major problem for me. I love it!

I have a home office, and I've used a landline number as my business phone for the last 5+ years as a way to keep my business and personal communications separate. (And to prevent me from getting distracted by business calls/texts when I'm spending time with family/friends.) I moved recently and was shocked by the cost of landline service in my new community. I wasn't willing to pay that price so I started looking for alternatives. I chose Google Voice because it gives me a local phone number FOR FREE. Clients can call and text the number; the calls get forwarded to my cell phone and the texts get forward to my email. I have set up a voice mail message for my business, so when I don't answer, clients don't get my personal answering machine message; instead, they get a professional business "out of office" message. I have solved the "don't get distracted by business calls during personal time" issue by using the settings on my phone to only ring for the Google Voice number during business hours. It's the perfect solution and it saves me TONS of money.

I only have one issue with Google Voice. When calls are forwarded to my phone, clients are directed to my personal voice mail if I hit the "ignore" button to ignore the call. To get the Google Voice business voice mail, I have to let the call ring until it is auto-redirected to my voice mail. This is a pretty minor issue, though; given all the benefits -- and the $0 price -- I am happy to put up with this very minor inconvenience.

John C.
RN in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent voice recognition software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Excellent. It is a necessary tool I use daily if not that then weekly.

Google voice is able to integrate not only the user's everyday experience (For example: Going to work, using their google maps voice assistant to articulate a navigation destination is seamless and accurate.) but also in the home (google home) being able to ask questions from cooking to astronomy. The integration of google voice is excellent, not only do you have the ability to use it within your google chrome tabs, you can use it in gmail, and even google calendar. I see physicians using their voice to type to text so much more often because of how easy it is. I can't imagine a world where this won't be the next thing. Soon typing will be a way of the past and people will use their voice- from there I'm sure with what Elon Musk is doing with neurolink, we won't have to use our voices and just integrate thought into words on a screen, but until then Google voice is the next best thing.

Lack of customer service is an issue. I don't know of anyone who has used it- or even if it is a thing. I would like to see more customization and computer learning from the google voice side of things so you can have BOLD WORDS when an inflection of voice occurs or "quotes" when you're trying to describe things. The ultimate way google voice could be a contender is if they integrate well into texting. Phones are never going away, even if the previous neurolink idea takes off. There needs to be a seamless integration of voice and text and yes, even emoji's. This is the next step that needs to be hurdled with voice assistive software.

Paul H.
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Replaced landlines first from Verizon, then from Vonage.

Kommentare: Greta, once set up.

Free and functional. Answers phone calls, mostly junk and takes messages if important.

Nothing is really a drawback once setup. Setting up, however, took some time because I had to first port the landline number to a mobile burner phone, then to Google voice.

Nicole S.
Artist in USA
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

A Semi-Convenient Home Phone Solution?

Kommentare: Google Voice has been a fairly reliable phone number with Voicemail that is very easy to use and pretty easy to set up if you have a gmail, but it doesn't compare with a cell phone or a landline. I alternate using it with another service called TextNow on my PC, which rings audibly more often but also fails to dial out more often! Also sometimes that number will work in cases where Google Voice is blocked. This is a pretty good way to have a "landline" through your desktop computer, and a nice way to not give everyone your cell number.

I was mugged and I temporarily have no cell phone and after having tried many wifi calling solutions for my pc, Google Voice has remained my primary go-to phone number. I am grateful there is a free option. Also there is the ability to port your number but you have to pay $20 so I didn't do that. You can also forward calls.

I'm glad I signed up before my cell was stolen because it is really hard to get a Voice number without already having a number... and I think it has to be a cell number too! The phone doesn't always ring and many people have phone settings that block a Voice number. Also I often have trouble in situations where I need to use the keypad to type in an account number.

Tim S.
Education Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Willing Partner in the Google Suite

4 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, I've had a very good experience with Google Voice. I prefer to use it instead of a messaging app like many others use in a group setting such as Remind, Group Me, etc. It makes my job/life much easier to have such functions.

For one, ease of use. If you know how to text or use a phone, then you can use this app. I use this app to contact parents. I am a case manager for students with mild to moderate disabilities and one form of communication that I rely on is the SMS function of the Google Voice app. I use it to contact parents in lieu of providing my personal number. Of course, it must be tied to a Google account. One feature that I particularly like is that since it is tied to a Google account, it allows you to respond to a message within a mail function (Gmail) so I don't always need to text on my phone. This makes communication much easier (and quicker). Also, you can launch a Google Meet and it works smartly with integration, again, making easy communication the primary feature.

Even with its ease of use, there are some drawbacks. For one, it's fairly limited. It is not a robust platform. This limitation makes sense since it works across different providers, phones, platforms, etc. But it is still pretty bare bones. It is difficult to shrink the message box when typing which gets annoying if working primarily on a phone. Also if your messages are too long, it does clip them. So that is something to be aware of.

Dan D.
Principal in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

An excellent lean service for startups

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We started our company with Google Voice and continue to use their suite of business services to supplement our business (e.g. host business email on Gmail and Google Calendars). Ultimately, we felt we grew out of it and moved to a different VOIP service.

+ No need to piggyback calls on a landline or cellular, but calls could be handled from any device. + Interface within Google products + Overall call quality + Cost ("free")

- As with any Google product, use comes with a trade-off in privacy. Like Apple, they're trading your information for ad revenue as a cost of service. - Less professional interface.

Real Estate Agent in USA

Keeping My Business Phone Connected

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: When moving to a new city and setting up a very mobile business, my old, out-of-state cellphone number scared people off, so having a dedicated, local number that I only use for business garners more trust and better comfort levels with clients. It is perfect for keeping state-required records with clients since I can access everything from my computer and just print off communications as necessary.

Google Voice has provided a wonderful way to keep my business and personal life separate all on my same smartphone! I have a mobile phone number that I can use for my business that I have a separate voicemail recording for, can turn on special rules for, and can access from both my phone and my computer in order to keep better records and communicate more efficiently with clients and business partners. It works over the internet, but also piggybacks on my regular cellphone number when I'm offline. That means I can keep my preferred provider and beloved personal phone number while also creating a new avenue for business calls! It's also free to use!

Google Voice does not always keep itself continuously updated, so I occasionally miss calls or text messages because I didn't get a notification. Also, I cannot tell when a call is incoming if it is coming in on my regular cell phone number or if it is on my Google Voice phone number.

Tigran K.
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Great for a free phone number

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Free phone number with email forwarding for text messages and cell phone forwarding when you don't have WiFi - what else would you need?

I use Google phone numbers for my businesses daily and I like that they are free (also can pick a number with the local area code). It is nice that I can call from my laptop or any other computer after I sign to my Google account.

Google Voice is not very stable, but it seems to get better with time. I had to switch from Hangouts after it got discontinued.

Nina G.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great solution for Business Phone

Kommentare: Great experience using it, super easy to use and set up. Easy to set voicemail, text, respond to calls.

Easy to port current phone number for business use. Texting available as well as voice. Easy to set up on any cell with the google voice app. Seamless transition from previous phone service and much cheaper. I like that I can set business hours and it won’t ring outside of that time.

Would be nice to be able to set different voicemails for inside and outside of business hours. Also would be great to auto set different voicemails ahead of time, like when planning to be out of office and you don’t want to change it while away. But for the price point, all of the features are great.

David h. D.
North America Content Lead in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Comprehensive voice communication and text messaging productivity tool

I've used this service back when it first launched as GrandCentral (renamed to Google Voice). I still use it today as the primary phone number for my marketing consulting business. Google Voice is a telephony service that provides call forwarding and voicemail services, voice and text messaging, as well as U.S. and international call termination for Google Account customers in the U.S. and Canada. A huge bonus, Google Voice offers one of the lowest international calling charges. Don't pay your mobile service provider high prices for international calling. Use Google's service with the mobile app on your smartphone to call anywhere in the world via clear and consistent high-quality Voice-Over-IP.

I use the Web and mobile app and have never had any issues. That said, it's user support (online) is somewhat limited, and configuration will require an investment in time to learn and apply all the capabilities.

Lora H.
Career Coach in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Google Voice Does it All - Almost

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I love having a local phone number that is linked to my cell phone number. Voice allows for me to see if a call is coming in on my private line or my Company line - Google Voice. I have separate voicemail that transcribes to my email. I send text messages to communicate instantly with my clients and it's so much easier using my laptop and keyboard and I never skip a beat switching devices. This is also saving the thumb strain I was starting to feel from phone texting so frequently.

The thing I like the most about Google Voice is that I can use it on my laptop all day long making calls and talking to customers without worrying about my already stressed out WiFi crashing in the middle of a call and I can use a great wired headset for super clear sound. Great if you spend the day on the phone.

The thing I like least about Google Voice is that I cannot see names or save profile pictures for my contacts. I would love to save my clients name and numbers so I can recognize them when they call.

Jennifer R.
Center Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Only one issue that keeps Voice from 5 stars.

Kommentare: Still, overall, I cannot complain, I just have to be super mindful - my system now is that I delete the text on my main phone line, and then go answer it on the voice app.

II like that Voice is inexpensive (free) and easy to set up. I've been using it now for over 2 years as a line separate from my personal line for work.

The only con in my opinion is that I wish there was a way to not have the texts come thru and be answerable on my main text screen. It can get confusing, and if I answer the text from my text app on my smart phone, then a client has my personal number. I wish there was a fail-safe way that would prevent this, because when I mess this up, it defeats the whole point of a second line.