Über Pear Deck

Engagement-Tool, mit dem Lehrkräfte Schüler durch interaktiven Unterricht, Umfragen, Feedback, Dashboards und mehr einbinden und überwachen können.

Erfahre mehr über Pear Deck

Pear Deck interfaces exceptionally well with both our Google Classroom and our Student Information System to enable us to provide a different tool for instruction for our students.

Bewertungen zu Pear Deck

Pear Deck hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 43 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Pear Deck bereits verwendet?

Christopher
Christopher
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Student Engagement Tool

Kommentare: Overall Pear Deck is an amazing tool that has revitalized my instruction.

Pear Deck has taken my instruction to a new level. By making presentations interactive and engaging my lessons are much more effective. My students enjoy the interactive elements and engage in the lesson much better.

I would like to see more types of interactivity in the future. Also, the web integration does not always work because of the way it is embedded.

Antwort von Pear Deck

Thanks for writing a review, Christopher! We're so happy we can support your teaching.

E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great way to connect with students!

Kommentare: Positive!

As a teacher it is nice to be able to connect with students in class in a remote way. Students can add there thoughts, opinions, and ideas to a class discussion without necessarily needing to speak. Gives even the shyest student a voice.

Not completely user friendly. Takes a few times to figure out how to use and implement.

High school Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing but needs a lot of updates

Kommentare: I appreciate having it but it needs to be updated and Pear Deck needs to start listening to educators and their needs so they can stay as one of the best platforms for education and student engagement.

I'm a wheelchair user and this enabled me to see all of my students responses in real time. Extremely accessible.

Grading students pear decks is a nightmare because of how it set up it takes too much time and the feedback platform also needs updated because the feedback you leave can only be in text formate and when you star it for completion they don't see it.

Daisy
Daisy
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Pear Deck Review

Kommentare: Overall, Pear Deck is a great program. It is easy to use, teachers can see in the moment work. It is engaging and fun for students. Administrators can provide feedback to users to ensure success.

I love PearDeck, I was able to see student learning at the moment. Students were able to write, type, draw, and select multiple-choice answers.

Sometimes the Pear Deck add-on was not working. This made it a little challenging to begin a session.

Joseph
Joseph

Great Interactive Lessons

Kommentare: Excellent experience. Students love the digital features and questions.

Pear Deck makes it easy to create interactive and organized lessons. Integrating multiple choice, open response, and other media options has never been easier.

Some of the digital options are limited. I think Pear Deck should update some of the features for subject specific content.

Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Make your slides interactive, great choice

Kommentare: Overall, this has been a great extension for google slides and I'm glad my school has started using it. It allows in-time teaching to be more interactive and give all students a voice who may not always be inclined to raise their hand and share.

I love that this can be added to Google Slides to make them interactive. Students can do it while at home or in class, which is great, and easily connect from their iPads. I like that students enjoy it too. It has a lot of options. I also like how it turns maybe not-so-interesting lessons into interactive engaging ones. In addition, it allows me to do pre-assessments, during, and post-assessments well to check for student understanding. I also appreciate how it is very "on trend" and relevant.

There was a larger learning curve than I'd like for adding it on, how to deploy it, etc. One other bad thing is that if you have a large class, that many students writing on or interacting with one slide can be chaotic. Wondering if there are ways to improve this. It is also hard to tell who is writing what. You run into risk of kids writing or drawing things off task, which is never fun behavior management to deal with.

Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Good, with room for improvement

Kommentare: I use it daily because my first graders find it user friendly.

Pear Deck allows a teacher to see her students’ work in real-time and therefore make better instructional decisions. Pear Deck allows students to write on slides, answer multiple-choice questions, and drag up to five shapes.

This software could improve by allowing teachers to upload their own draggables and allow more than five draggables on a slide. Additionally, the customer service is very limited. I’ve had a student unable to access the slides for a couple of weeks now. Waiting to hear back from Pear Deck because my school’s technical support has not found a solution on their end. Additionally, I’ve google my student’s problem and haven’t found a solution. I am tech savvy.

Madi
Madi
Program Services Director in USA

Integrative, interactive slides

Kommentare: I really like Pear Deck and find new ways to utilize it every time. I love that I can add voiceover for hearing impaired students, let the students go through a deck at their own pace, and see their answers in real time. I am still discovering new uses, and I love it!

I love that I can use slides more effectively by making them more interactive. Google Slides are already so easy to use, and having a simple add-on that lets me ask questions and see the answers in real time makes Slides even more useful for learning. My favorite feature is the ability for students to answer questions by adding a drawing. I love seeing their creativity, and they have so much fun that they forget they're learning.

I understand that they need to make money off of their product, but it is frustrating that they hide certain features behind a paywall. To have students be able to draw an answer, you must be a premium user. I think it would be more productive to have the tiers be more substantial. Drawing seems like such a small (but my favorite, most useful) feature to hide behind the paywall.

Hari
Hari
IT Manager in Nepal

Engaging learning experience for students with Pear Deck

Kommentare: Pear Deck is a very effective tool for remote learning. It make learning more engaging and fun.

Pear Deck does what it is intended to do very well which is to make online learning interactive and fun. It make class presentation way more engaging and exciting. It tracks progress of students. It integrates very well with Google Classroom and Google Slides. And It also has a free trial version too.

It would be good to get more basic features in the trail version of the app. I can't think of any particular complaints with the app.

Antwort von Pear Deck

Thanks for the review, Hari! As always, please feel free to reach out to help@peardeck.com with any questions and concerns. We appreciate your support!

Essen & Trinken, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Super easy to use and effective!

5,0 vor 7 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, I love Pear Deck and I wish it was more well-known.

I like the simplicity of the tool and how engaging it is when in use!

I can't really think of anything negative.

Yevstakhii
Teacher in Ukraine
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My expirience of use Pear Deck

Kommentare: Pear Deck is widely regarded as a valuable tool for creating interactive and engaging presentations in educational settings. Here are some aspects of Pear Deck that I have highlighted as positive experiences:Increased student engagement: Pear Deck offers interactive features such as questions, polls, and drawing activities that encourage active participation from students. Real-time formative assessment: With Pear Deck, I can gather real-time responses from students during presentations. This feature enables teachers to gauge student understanding instantly and adjust their instruction accordingly. I have appreciated the ability to monitor student responses in real-time and use the data to inform my teaching.Differentiation and personalized learning: Pear Deck allows for differentiation by providing options to tailor presentations to individual student needs. I can create interactive slides with various question types, offer choices, or adjust the pace of the presentation to accommodate different learning styles and abilities.Seamless integration with Google Workspace: Pear Deck integrates smoothly with Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), making it convenient for users who already utilize Google tools in their teaching.

1. Differentiation and personalized learning: Pear Deck provides options for differentiated instruction and personalized learning experiences. i can adapt my presentations to cater to individual student needs by providing targeted questions, offering choice-based activities, or adjusting the pace of the presentation to accommodate different learning styles.2. Integration with Google Workspace: Pear Deck seamlessly integrates with Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), allowing me to create and access Pear Deck presentations directly within Google Slides. This integration simplifies the workflow for users who already use Google tools for education.3. Data and assessment insights: Pear Deck offers data and assessment features that allow teachers to track student progress, review responses, and gain insights into student comprehension. I can analyze student responses, identify areas of strength or weakness, and make informed instructional decisions based on the data collected.4. Accessibility and student engagement: Pear Deck provides accessibility features, such as language translation and text-to-speech functionality, that support diverse learners and ensure inclusivity in the classroom. The interactive nature of Pear Deck presentations helps to keep students engaged throughout the lesson.

1. Limited question types: I have expressed a desire for a greater variety of question types within Pear Deck. While the platform offers several question formats, I need additional options, such as matching or fill-in-the-blank questions, would be beneficial for my instructional needs.2. Pear Deck heavily relies on internet connectivity, and in areas with poor or unreliable internet connections users may face challenges when using the platform. This can disrupt the real-time interactive aspects of Pear Deck presentations.

Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Pear Deck for Virtual Learning

Kommentare: I use Pear Deck to teach virtually, create collaborate small groups and give meaningful assignments where the users can respond. I can record their responses or save them in order to give them feedback. I use it daily as so many of my students are virtual learners.

Peardeck allows me to interact with my audience in a genuine and authentic way. Through Pear Deck, I can create a presentation and ask a collaborative question, poll the audience or have them complete an assignment. Their individual responses are collected and easily visable. I can offer real time fedback and know immediately their progress and thinking. It is easy to convert a prevvious presentation or Google slide into Pear Deck in a matter of minutes. Users can add the Pear Deck app and log on. I can have it as I live session or can save it to go back and review individual responses.

A drawback that I have encountered is that individuals must put their name when they respond. If not, the presenter will not know from whom the responses are coming from. I always have to remind my audience about this.

Ricardo
Platforms Support in Panama
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Pear Deck makes your content engaging while keeping things simple

Kommentare: Covid-19 presented our schools with a huge challenge: how to keep students interested in our educational content remotely, without physical supervision, and with different rules. Pear Deck was one of the most instrumental tools in keeping students engaged. The plethora of templates and formats of information allowed our teachers to go full creative in presenting their information creating a two-way channel of communication.

Pear Deck is a tool that gives superpowers to our Google Slides presentations. Pear Deck's main forté is the number of templates and different formats in which you can present information so students can digest it. Even more important, students can demonstrate and apply what they know using the very same tool. The instant feedback the teacher has is invaluable. One may think that these features are maybe difficult to apply or with a steep learning curve. None of that. Pear Deck is easy to implement over Google or Microsoft.

The only con I can see is the price if the service is not provided by the school. Maybe 25% less can be more attractive for individual teachers.

Fiona
Coordinator of innovation in Kanada
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for interactive learnifn

Kommentare: Great tool for learnifn

Allows people to make presentations interactive, provides opportunities for differentiation quickly and easily

Adding sound to slide only plays when the slides are running peardeck. It would be nice to have the audio recordings be available or saved so they can be used outside of a peardexk session

Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Pear deck

Kommentare: It’s easy to use and can be easily out in with existing slides.

I love that the slides push out to the students and take over their screens. I love that it can all be done and monitored. No one can move on before the user is ready for them too!

I wish that the spreadsheets with data were editable. It’s all or nothing.

Callie
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Pear Deck for the Classroom

I could spend hours raving about Pear Deck! I use Pear Deck every single day in my seventh grade English Language Arts classroom. Pear Deck allows students to get started on work right away in class without needing verbal instructions from me. I use Pear Deck for daily bellringer work and interactive lessons. It takes simple Google Slides and allows students to draw, write, or interact with the lesson rather than hearing the information lecture-style. Pear Deck is easy to learn and easy to implement for occasional or daily use.

Pear Deck could be improved by making assignments easier to grade through connection with a LMS, such as Google Classroom.

Antwort von Pear Deck

Thanks for sharing, Callie! We're so happy we can support your teaching!

Paula
Curriculum Integration Specialist in USA

Pear Deck

Kommentare: Pear Deck is magical. Students are so engaged and eager to contribute to the lessons with the interactive features of Pear Deck.

I love the ease of use for both students and teachers while using Pear Deck.

Pear Deck is so wonderful but I wish it was Free for the premium features. I used the free version and was very pleased.

Antwort von Pear Deck

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Paula! We are happy we can support your teaching.

ROSCIEL

Easy to the Eyes

Kommentare: It was great at first but in the later part of using it, I noticed that lesser and lesser of my students are showing work. I think more of them will be engaged if at the end of the lesson, I will have a grade that reflects how much they did and it can be pushed to their gradebook so that they are aware that it is important to do their notes.

The color and how it presented is fun, warm and light to the eyes. Students and teacher like the features because it looks fun. It has templates for checking which is awesome. Teacher dashboard is really great and very easy to use for every class.

I hope I can combine 2 options in the same slide. Like drawing and quiz . I hope the when I do quiz like question, I can put in the key so that I can see real time who missed it and who got it.

Hope
teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful Tool

Kommentare: Pear Deck is a wonderful tool to use in your classroom. I love that you can assign it to your students for self-paced lessons or you can use the lessons for direct teaching. The students navigate through the software easily. I love that it is fairly easy to use and engaging.

I love that the software works directly with Google Slides and Google Classroom. Pear Deck is interactive. You can add slides with the drag and drop feature, a draw feature, open ended questions, true/false, etc.. It's got an existing library where you can get pre-made slides or you can create your own. So many features that make learning more fun.

There is a little bit of a learning curve. I started out with the pre-made slides and adjusted them. Then, when I got comfortable, I was able to create my own with no problem at all.

Antwort von Pear Deck

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're so happy to hear you are enjoying using Pear Deck. If you ever have any questions on how to get started with a certain aspect or feature of Pear Deck, please feel free to send a note to help@peardeck.com! We'd be more than happy to help you. In the meantime, a great place to find Pear Deck training webinars is our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Peardeck/playlists We also have the Pear Deck How-To Handbook: https://www.peardeck.com/how-to-handbook Thanks again for the review!

Stacey
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great resource

Kommentare: Pear deck is a resource I used almost daily either with distance learning or in class instruction. It is engaging and useful.

Pear deck is s great resource for keeping students' attention and for immediate feedback. This allowed me to help my students during synchronous time.

There is a feature where I can have my students go at their own pace, I wish that I could have all my students on the same deck where some can be student paced and others are still in instructor pace.

Antwort von Pear Deck

Thanks for the feedback, Stacey!

Michelle
Teacher in Kanada
E-Learning, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Keep a students engaged

Kommentare: I love using it but if really is pricey for teachers to have to pay for if their division doesn't have a subscription.

This app ia great for engaging students in teacher directed or self paced learning. There are some fun features that allow kids to provide feedback and evidence of learning. Students learn differently and show us what they know differently. Pear Deck is one way assessments can be fun and engaging.

It is not easy to get animations on slide presentations to work. The company is quick to respond and try to help but the support doesnt always work. It would he nice if you could update a presentation without cancelling a lesson in progress and then restarting the lesson

Cassie

Pear Deck is Inclusive for All Students

I love the ability to keep all students on the same pace for a lesson, especially with students being in different locations during sickness and family trips throughout a school year. It keeps everyone on track and the interactivity on the slides helps them to stay engaged/focused as we go through a lesson.

I would like more options for interaction for math, specifically. It's hard to find engaging activities that keeps them able to interact with the lesson online, especially when students may not have touchscreen devices.

Antwort von Pear Deck

Thanks for your review, Cassie! Always feel free to reach out if we can ever be of help to you or if you have any questions!

Danielle
Executive Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I love Pear Deck!

Kommentare: My overall experience with Pear Deck has been good! I like how interactive it is, and I believe that my students enjoy it much more than a boring slideshow/lecture. So, thanks Pear Deck!

The thing I liked most about Pear Deck was interactive it was on the student side. They were able to write, draw, select from a multiple-choice list, and more. I believe this helped a lot with keeping students interested during distance learning. I also really appreciated that it was an add-on to Google Slides, rather than a separate program, because it allowed me to add Pear Deck to my existing slideshows.

There isn't much I don't like about Pear Deck, but there is one problem. When using the free version, there are only about 3 limited interactive tools at my disposal. I do understand that Pear Deck needs to make money somehow, but I would appreciate more interactive tools in the free version.

Antwort von Pear Deck

Thanks, Danielle! We appreciate your review and feedback!

Carrie

Interaction, connection, accountability

Kommentare: Pear Deck offers great online and learning support for implementation by educators and allows them to create engaging, interactive learning for students.

Pear Deck allows teachers to interact and engage students in individual and whole class learning. The interactive slides create ways for students to communicate their learning while creatively participating. The ability to assign the deck to students for completion on their time sets the stage for successful differentiation, and the option to add sound can accommodate all learners.

Name and date decks in a way that will allow you to track your classes easily. When using the same assignment for multiple classes it can be a little cumbersome to find a specific class.

Antwort von Pear Deck

Thanks for the feedback, Carrie!

Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Best Thing for Students

Kommentare: I love pear deck and It has helped my classroom engagement so much!

I love the versatility of Pear Deck and how easy it is for students to use! I love that the answers can be anonymous to create a safe learning environment.

Sometime the program can be a bit plain and not as customizable as I would like. Especially for an art classroom.

Antwort von Pear Deck

Thanks for the review! We're happy we can support your teaching!