Über Snagit

Erfasse alles auf deinem Bildschirm und teile es mit anderen, um schwierige Konzepte zu klären und eine klarere Dokumentation zu erstellen.

Erfahre mehr über Snagit

It also has very solid and built-in sharing integration tools (to Google Drive, Screencast.com, and other online tools).

I have had no negative issues whatsoever with Snagit. I wish I had time to learn more of its features.

Bewertungen zu Snagit

Snagit hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 154 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Snagit bereits verwendet?

Sebastian
Systems Manager in Schweiz
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertung von tollem Werkzeug

Schnell zum Ergebnis (Screenshot) kommen. Bedingt durch intuitive Bedienung und tolle Funktionen. Tool wird sehr gerne genutzt.

Bis jetzt keine negativen Dinge aufgetreten.

Emil Maltesen
Emil Maltesen
Head of Engineering in Dänemark
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Practical tool that is difficult to live without

It works flawlessly in the background on both Windows and Mac. It has a ton of features, but is still relatively easy to use. It includes multiple ways of taking screenshots including some advance ways like taking screenshots with scroll. The process of editing the screen shots after also works great. Easy to draw arrows etc and it has some cool features to extract text and edit forms.

It is a bit expensive for the screenshot features alone

Jenny
Senior Marketing Manager in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Tool for Creating Technical Guides

Kommentare: I think its a tool you can use without needing much involvement or support from the snagit team. They host monthly customer webinars you can attend if you need more support with the product but I think it's very easy to use, I taught myself how to use it.

I use this tool to capture screenshots and software recordings and am able to edit, annotate, and upload images directly into various support center softwares I have used. I like the annotation features to truly showcase what you are trying to show on the screenshot. I like that you can take the entire length of the screen in your screenshot, sometimes the graphic designers on my team need this format to be able to format the screengrab to their content needs.

It can be buggy -- sometimes when I open the app on my desktop it will not open and I have to use another tool. That can be frustrating when you need to take a screencapture right then.

Vanessa
Sr. Inside Account Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

SnagIt - Ease to capture

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall SnagIt has made my job easier by allowing me to take screen grabs and easily share with colleagues. The editor is also very helpful to make quick edits of the screenshots.

I like that it allows me to capture screenshots with ease. The editor is also helpful as it allows you the ability to add text, images, and crop. It also makes it easy to share with others. The panorama option makes it easy to take a scrolling screenshot. I would highly recommend this product to anyone.

I do not dislike anything about Snagit because I have enjoyed using it all of these years.

Greg
Technical Support Specialist in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Useful, but problematic

Kommentare: It has been a trainwreck of an experience, but given that it has many of the resources that I need to perform my job that other capturing software does not I'm stuck with it.

SnagIt, when it works, is an extremely useful tool for creating videos on the fly or taking quick screenshots that you need to annotate. It is also feature-rich as compared to other screen capture software which makes it hard to switch to a competitor.

Having used SnagIt for close to 7 years now it is unreliable at best. After being used on a daily basis it frequently takes about 5 minutes to start recording a video. The time continually increases until you have no choice but to wipe out everything SnagIt related (including the plist files), and then reinstalling, only to run into the same vicious cycle a month down the road. Support is literally non-existent unless you pay for a maintenance agreement. If you upgrade your operating system you run the risk of not being able to run an older version of SnagIt, but you have to purchase a new version if you want to update the one that you have if it's running into issues. This is poor business practice, and at the very least patches should be released to allow the older version to function on newer operating systems as we did pay for the sofware.

Benn
Benn
Senior Information Technology Business Analyst in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Snagit, practical software to capture your screen

Kommentare: In general, it is a useful and practical software to use, a person without technical knowledge can learn to use it from the first time, it saves the videos in the cloud and integrates very well with Camtasia.

I have been using snagit since it was called Jing, then Techsmith capture, in my experience I can say that it is easy and practical to use when recording a screen, its menu is not intrusive, and it can be used with hotkeys to quickly access its functions, it has many ways to capture the screen, you can select a window, a certain area, or the entire window.

What I don't like is that in a relatively short time, it has changed its name and this tends to cause brand confusion. Another negative aspect is that with certain antiviruses its recording stops, this can be very frustrating, since you don't realize it and you have to start the screen recording again.

Internet, Selbstständig

Excellent Program!

Kommentare: Either way, I think it's a solid program, and customer service is really on top of things. Another thing that hooked me over many other programs is that I could buy this without any subscriptions. Subscriptions do nothing more than keep the companies revenue flowing while continuing to empty your pockets. I highly recommend this program, and would easily choose it again over ANY other program in this price range!

The simplicity of this program is amazing! Everything is virtually at your fingertips, and for me, it works flawlessly.

My only complaint is, when I'm recording, I have to switch my audio output from my speakers to my headphones, otherwise, the volume during playback is so low that you have to turn the volume all the way up just to barely hear it. The company had reached out to me about it, but after hours of digging through my system with them, they came to the conclusion that it's because I have my speaker system hooked up to my computer through Optical instead of A/V or HDMI. I'm sorry, but that's a lame excuse!

Aleksandar
C# consultant in Nordmazedonien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A lot of features

Kommentare: Definitely a useful and very popular tool. It has nice features, but overall I would prefer a simpler tool that will allow me to be faster with my flow. Snagit looks like a tool that has every possible feature that they could think of, but in the process, they have compromised on the ease to use and the speed. I have used Greenshot and WebRemarks and both seem to be better suited for my needs.

Snagit offers a lot of features. For every feature that you might need, chances are it is there. If offers different types of screenshots, windows, portions of a window and that is really appreciated.

I think there are simply too many features. As I mentioned earlier, if the user wants to put an arrow on a screenshot, there are too many steps and too many different options to choose from. As a user, I would like to take the screenshot fast, quickly put few annotations, and share it. I don't want to choose from 100 different arrows, and click 10 times until my arrow is ready.

Alexander
Technical Marketing Specialist in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A fantastic tool for anyone in graphic design or tech support

Kommentare: This is a tool I use daily. This software has become vital in communicating with the team and customers.

Ease of use. I can grab a screenshot of a working design project and quickly add notes and arrows. Just as easily, I use this program to help customers by providing screenshots.

The library of stamps could be more extensive, but that is a tiny issue.

Teresa
QA Analyst in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for screen capture

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I taught myself how to use Snagit and over the years, used it for professional documentation, including user guides, and screen captures to send to client and internal team.

User friendly and professional looking screen captures to send to clients.

I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about Snagit.

Amanda
Inside Account Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

The Best Screenshotting Software

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Great, I have never used any other software like it

I really like the feature where you can grab text to copy and paste, I use that daily in my job functions

The software updates are sometimes annoying

Marktforschung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Snagit is a great tool for creating content in video and with screen captures. Simple and easy.

Kommentare: I saved money on subscription service for Image editing software, improved on process time with the video editing and screen capture software. We use Snagit to make clear explanations and transfer knowledge to employees and clients, about our trainings. Internally we stopped using other software tools, for those tasks. Saving us money and time, since those tools (Photoshop and OBS Studio) had a longer learning curve.

The most important aspect is the screen capture capabilities. Its usefulness and easy straight forward process. We choose this software a few years ago, since it gives us 3 tools in one, in a very positive way. The screen capture tool, with different parameters, the video creating option for quick videos and trainings, plus the hidden secret, is the GREAT Snagit Editor. Where you can edit video in a simple, not techy way, for most of us, we don't have the time nor knowledge to manage full video editing software, so this tools saves us money, because we don't had to hire a video editor, since most of them are simple direct video content. Second, we no longer buy a full suite of image editing, because the Snagit Editor gives us, 80% or more of the tools we need for our image editing needs. Again its simple to learn and master and is very capable. Why buy a software or worst buy a subscription to a video editing or image editing software if we can buy one time a great tool like Snagit. If you want more power or features, use Camtasia, but for small companies or simple, fast and professional looking videos, images and screen captures, I recommend Snagit, no one else.

I am very happy with Snagit. When it opens too slow, I talked to the support team and helped me out, with my PC configuration. So, it's all good now.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A simple to use screenshot (and video) capturing and editing tool, a useful tool for tech support.

Kommentare: I have a very great experience since day 1. I would recommend every company that is a tech support to use this tool as it will help you guide your customers easier than ever.

For this review, let me only cover the screenshot capturing and editing aspect of Snagit as I used it them most. I loved Snagit, it is basically like Paint on Windows where when you see, you can know how to use it right away due to it simple design and straightforward function and icon. For tech support like me, Snagit is like a god-blessed tool. As you know, sometimes, end-users that are lacking technical skills doesn't understand the verbal instructions at all. Therefore, with Snagit, it allow me to provide visual guidance for them to see and follow. Most of the time, after sending Snagit edited screenshot (giving guidance through number stamps, arrows, highligh, blurring contents that we don't want them to see), the feedback is always positive.

What I don't like most about Snagit would be its unmodern interface. Well, I don't think I can really complain about this as keeping the interface to be unmodern somewhat contributes to it being easy to use. If you see the latest versino of Snagit, the interface is so outdated. It's like it's from the Windows XP/7 era in which we are already moving into Windows 11. Other thana this, I don't think I have anything else to complain regarding this amazing tool.

Arin
Tech Lead, Quality Assurance in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Simple and fast picture capture app and editor

Kommentare: Overall it is a great software is what I can say.
It can capture the images in all different formats.
Cropping an image is so easy and even I can add arrows and comments (and lot if other items too) while editing the image.
Again, sharing is a nice feature that is now very much integrated and there are a lot of options to choose from.

Snagit is such an easy to use tool that anyone start using it will be used to it (like me). Yes, I use it every time. You can choose any shortcut key of your choice for it to launch and take the screenshot. It even gives you an option to use a small little icon that can (auto) hide on your desktop and the screen is captured just with a click on that icon. Other thing that I like about the software is that it has so many modes to take the screen captures and it can even auto scroll and capture the complete screen. It also serves as a great editor too and the editor is right there after the screen is captured.

I think the software is a little expensive. Though after getting to know all the features of the software, I felt somewhat convinced with the pricing.

Walli
Financial Coach in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Snagit - from underused to most used

Kommentare: Snagit is a must-have tool particularly if you are creating tutorials or demos, and want to simplify the way the receiver understands or digests the information. It's an alternative to Loom with additional bells and whistles that will make creating educational content easier.

I was familiar with Snagit but I didn't purchase a license until a few months ago. It wasn't until I attended one of their free webinars that I finally learned how to use it and was able to get rid of a few subscriptions including Loom. Even though I had used Snagit before I was only familiar with a handful of features. What a waste! Snagit is a powerful tool and I quickly realized it was one of my most underused tools. One of my favorite features is the ability to use Screencast. Snagit Is great for screen captures and recording. Screencast is a video hosting site that doesn't have the same limitations Loom has.

Snagit is not a video editor, you would need something like Camtasia. Although you can add markups and such to screen captures Snagit is limited to the editing you can do with video.

Heinz
Senior Development Manager in Deutschland
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

A Swiss Army Knife for Everyone Working with Screenshots

Kommentare: I am developing desktop software and I am using Snagit on a day to day basis. It has a very handy set of tools and offers a very well organized user experience.

Snagit is an interesting mix of a pixel based tool (for screenshot manipulation) and a vector based tool (for highlighting with arrows and rectangles, adding text etc.). It can therefore be used for documentation as well as for manipulating existing screenshots. The latter is especially handy for drawing screens for a new software version based on existing screens. The OCR ability is very useful for capturing data directly from the screen from programs that don't offer export functions.

Capturing scrolling windows does not always work correctly. Video capture and editing is quite limited. Snagits scroll sliders are somewhat hard to use.

Lee
Program Coordinator in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Snagit to the RESCUE!

Kommentare: I love Snagit! It’s affordable, easy to use, and a program that I simply cannot do without!

I have been using Snagit for years and have always loved it. I tell others about it all the time and create job aids and tutorials weekly. I think the thing I like most about Snagit is the Panoramic Screen Capturing. I work with online programs and data files that sometimes take two or three full screens to view, and trying to capture what goes beyond the current window’s view it very important in my work. Being able to quickly capture it all at once saves me so much time! The library of previous captures is also super helpful.

The newer versions of Snagit offer so many tools from which to choose, I just wish it would let me save more as my “favorites.”

Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best screen capture program with annotation tools

Kommentare: Can't live without it - highly recommend you try it out. They do have a free trial to give you a chance to work with it for 30 days before you purchase.

SnagIt is one of my most used programs, and one I would hate to be without. With an assigned hotkey or a dropdown that you can load at the top of your screen, you can capture the screen - still or video and save it to your system. You can then easily add annotations, like boxes, arrows, callouts, etc. The blur feature is great if you need to hide part of your capture. It is an invaluable tool for providing information or documentation in a clear way.

The video tools are basic, but they have another program called Camtasia if your primary medium is creating and annotating video.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Functional and Friendly

Kommentare: Snagit has been a part of my must have programs list for over ten years. The number of projects and other items I have completed with Snagit's help are countless. Even though a lot of Snagit’s functionality and features can now be found built-in to different programs installed with the operating system they put those features in one interface that I have no problem recommending as a complete solution in a single program.

Capture, Review, Edit, Create, Snagit does it all. Unlike other software that has had its basic functionality incorporated into the primary operating system used today Snagit has continued to improve and expand their product. The program is easy to use, does what it should, and more! Even with a selection of other editing software available on my system, for the quick and easy editing and markup of captures the built-in editing software in Snagit is where I go for most of my needs.

Cons? I have none (and I thought about that before I wrote it). But this box required a minimum of 100 characters, so I'm still typing. There, that should do it :-)

Bill
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Essential tool for quick screen / image capture plus editing

Kommentare: I've used Snagit for over 15 years and it's essential. If I have a customer that needs support on software or am pointing out features of a website, I can quickly capture the screen and add arrows and text to explain what the customer needs to do next or what work we've done for them.

It's simple to use. I can capture an image and SnagIt lets me decide if I want a small section, full window, or even a complete website. The included editor lets me do some basic edits and the learning curve is shallow.

The scrolling feature for web pages, etc. doesn't work well. Sometimes the capture is distorted and sometimes it is incomplete.

Flor
Financial Aid/Compliance Manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Snagit Like a Snapshot

Kommentare: 1) Very functional.
2) Easy to use.
3) Simple but useful.
4) I can stress/emphasize important points by highlighting and using the symbols like arrow, etc.

I like using Snagit to capture images and/or texts that I do not want to repeat or type again. It is very quick and easy to use. Very functional like you are taking a quick snapshot and it says all.

I just have difficulty adjusting sometimes the size and the different backgrounds. Other than that, to me Snagit works perfectly for quick exchange of messages or quick snapshots of texts that you want to point out right away.

Paulina
Test engineer in Italien
Versicherung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Works as anticipated

Kommentare: In overall I do not encounter any issues with Snagit. Everythime I use it it works as I anticipated. I use it mostly for bug reporting purposes. It is very easily comprehendable and intuitive so almost everyone can use it.

It is a very easy and intuitive tool to capture/record screen or audio. It takes literally just a second to get used to it. There is a possibility to opt for screen dimensions before capture/recording.

Before the capture/recording, there is an automatic proposal of captured screen dimensions. In case you want other dimension than that, you should select the area manually. I miss the space for url address in the automatic proposal.

Dana
Sr Account Associate in USA
Eventservice, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Best tool for screen grabbing images!

I know that there is so much more to this software, but I mainly use it to capture video and screen grabs. This is great for training employees and it is easy to use. My favorite aspect of it is that there is a smaller window that can sit on the side of the screen instead of the whole editor being open at all times. I also like that you can utilize different features for note taking. I came from using the Snipping Tool and the features of Snag it really customize and personalize your screenshots.

I do not have any complaints with the software. The only thing I would say is that the software design of the tool itself looks a little outdated. If I looked at the tool and was not sure about this program, I would think it was not a 2022 tool.

Kim
Client Experience Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

How can you live without it?

Kommentare: I love this product, I create every celebration for our staff , and we use it for documentation. When the technical and non technical sides of the house agree on a product, you know its a good one!

The usability. This program is incredibly user friendly, you do not need a degree to figure it out and make things look great!

I didn't know that Camtasia was part of this.. I would have LOVED to have known that for the last 4 years!

Mona
Programmer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Excellent tool for screen capture!

Kommentare: Between work and play, I'm on a computer all day long. And I have a ton of reasons for wanting to capture screens. Just a few examples: capture error messages, document programming changes, capture receipts/coupon codes/confirmation codes. Remember how a screen looked prior to hitting "next". So many different reasons. SnagIt makes it simple. Enter the shortcut key CTRL-SHIFT-P, and your screen is instantly captured. From there, you can instantly save your screen as-is, or enhance it using their studio software, and then save it.

Super easy to use, makes screen capture and editing completely seamless. With the studio you can add text boxes, pointers, highlights, anything you need to make your screenshots useful to others. You can also capture video.

The video enhancement tools are rudimentary at best. If you really need to edit video, this is not the tool for you.