Über Hopin

Hopin ist eine Live-Online-Event-Plattform, über die Teilnehmende Menschen von überall auf der Welt kennenlernen, mit ihnen interagieren und sich mit ihnen verbinden können.

Erfahre mehr über Hopin

We had a dedicated member with us every step of the way and the chat function really helped keep all of our members engaged and part of a community throughout the event.

There are quite a few things that are a bit buggy with Hopin. The word of the day for our conference was "refresh" because so many people had trouble with sound or video.

Bewertungen zu Hopin

Hopin hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 325 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Hopin bereits verwendet?

Julie
Vice President - Events
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent value and great user experience for your guests!

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Carly
Carly
Lead Consultant in UK
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

One off event - easy to use and affordable

Kommentare: We really enjoyed using it, really easy to explain to others and it helped us host an event for the first time virtually that we were unsure about. Took some of the fear out of going virtual for the first time.

The way the video staging was set up with back stage areas where we could tee up guests etc. We liked that it didn't take much to explain to speakers how to use it.

Was hard to test the back of house functionality with only one computer / log in but easy to check with multi-users.

Bill
Managing Partner in USA
Eventservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lots of virtual event options out there but we chose Hopin

Kommentare: Our event development agency works with clients who need to replace in-person programs with online events, often quickly. The Hopin team has helped us figure out the work flow and the platform lends itself to setting up a demo and then the actual event very quickly. Attendees and exhibitors alike can figure out how to navigate in a couple of minutes - and that's the key to a successful event.

Hopin is very intuitive and when trying to convert a live in-person event to a live online event this is the platform that most matches functionality and hitting the objectives sponsors and exhibitors seek. Their development team is quite responsive to suggestions for further improvements...wouldn't even know whom to call at some of the competing platforms.

Pricing is creeping up with the various updates and as Hopin grows; company has experienced some growing pains in their first year but is catching up quickly.

Scarlett
Content & Events in UK
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A nice looking product that disappointed behind the scenes

Kommentare: Based on all the above we'd be extremely unlikely to recommend Hopin. It was a smooth experience for attendees who did manage to join us on the day, but behind the scenes the platform failed to deliver on many levels. At [SENSITIVE CONTENT], the Growth plan is not cost-effective, especially considering the product is not yet fully developed.

The Hopin platform is nice to look at and provided attendees with a good visual experience on the day. I can't fault its stage and session features (once you've worked out how to set them up correctly).

Unfortunately, we did not have a great experience using Hopin for our event last week. The problems were predominantly due to platform feature limitations and promised vs actual functionality. We signed up to the (not inexpensive) Growth plan for our event but found that many of the features we needed were only accessible to business customers and there was no sum we could pay on a monthly basis in order to access them. The first 'missing' features we identified were magic links for speakers and two-way sync for registrations with HubSpot. Many more issues then arose. The ticket registration system essentially amounts to a 3-step authentication system that led many attendees (100 in total) to drop off mid-way through sign-up. Attempting to integrate Hopin and HubSpot was almost futile. We could not set up webhooks to automate the registration process, nor could we set up a two-way sync for registrations. This meant asking attendees to sign up twice. Hopin advertised UTM links that would enable us to track the source of sign-ups. In reality, this feature was not ready and we have no idea where our attendees found the event sign-up page. The customer support team were slow in responding, and the first agent could rarely help at all and seemed to simply be a triage stage. Finally, the reporting available with the Growth plan is very basic – the main thing we expected but did not get being data on which attendees joined which sessions throughout the event.

Kalah
CEO in USA
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Still improving for agencies

Kommentare: Hopin is a tremendous platform that really cares about feedback and wants to win in this virtual space.

You can pick up using the software today and have an entire event built out by tomorrow. The speed networking is a fan favorite and the expo is a great value for sponsorships.

After using the platform for 9 months, and creating 50 events for clients and our own events, as super users, we need the platform to improve specifically for agencies in the following ways: 1. Billing by event not organizationally 2. Stripe attached at the Event level not the organization level 3. Public API for custom integrations

Heejin
program associate in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good for live events, but still has some bugs

I researched a few different virtual event platforms (Whova, BlueJeans) before recommending that our organization move forward with Hopin. It had all the critical features for a virtual event (video conferencing, downloadable analytics, registration, and options for "networking" and "main stage" events). It also had a clean cut design that was intuitive and easy to use - which was critical to us because we knew that promoting an event that would require users to create an account for a new software would be a potential barrier. It was easy and intuitive for attendees/viewers to use. As a small nonprofit organization, we were also able to use the platform for a relatively affordable price.

At the time I used Hopin, there were no options to live stream the video conferencing to Facebook or Youtube. There were also no options for captions. Hopin uses its own video conferencing software, but I think it would be better if it integrated Zoom instead as Zoom has live stream and captioning features. Furthermore, we did many rehearsals with speakers before our live event, but on the day of the event, the video conferencing audio did not work for 1 speaker. To this day, I'm not sure what the issue was. I think it was difficult for speakers to get acclimated to Hopin's video conferencing (another reason I think it would have been better to choose a platform that integrates Zoom, which (most) everyone knows how to use).

Andi
Marketing Campaign Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Hopin is a different kind of virtual experience for Business Resource Groups

Kommentare: This was a great platform to help connect our Business Resource Groups members online in a new and exciting way. We were able to leverage the stage, sessions, and networking parts of the platform.

I loved the navigation and the ability to engage with others on the platform. We were able to stand up a full event in less than two weeks using the self serve tier offering.

I think there should be easier ways to dry-run events as opposed to having to create a brand new event and waste registrations (which you may have to pay for) to get speakers comfortable with the platform.

Leslie
Director Conferences of Convenings in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I love this product! Keep on Innovating!

The ease of use, the monthly new features that are coming out month to month. Networking features and the expo feature.

I wish there was a way to have more than 20 people on screen at the same time in the session rooms. While also having the ability to record.

Florence
VP Marketing in UK
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great product for virtual events to change it up from webinar software (like Zoom)

Kommentare: Our CSM is really helpful and the sales process was pretty efficient. We will continue doing events with Hopin in 2021 as it worked well for lead generation for us.

Nice design and UX. Quite easy to manage scheduling, mixing pre recorded and live content. Decent integrations with our existing stack (e.g. Hubspot). The possibility to run booths for sponsors was great to help us sell sponsorships.

The experience for speakers could be a little bit more intuitive (sometimes our less digital speakers didn't know whether they were online or not), but still the Hopin solution is much more intuitive than others in the market.

Roger
Chief Business Relationship Officer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect Events Platform

Kommentare: Been able to create a virtual environment that mimics a live event. One of the keys is one-on-one matchmaking. In-person 1on1 is self explanatory, but for companies doing business with suppliers, the interface of the video meetings within Hopin are outstanding.

Ease of use, ability to quickly engage with other attendees via video and chat (not necessary to spam other attendees). Main stage can stream live or pre-recorded videos. User interface is very clean and streamlined.

While not necessary, it doesn't have the "bells and whistles" of other platforms that some people gravitate to (i.e. animated people walking into an exhibit hall, the "look" of a live expo, etc.). It would be nice to be able to access content AFTER the event has concluded.

Richard
Richard
Sales & Marketing Manager in Kanada
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Unique networking features but lacks the basics

Kommentare: Frustrating. The platform looks fantastic in demos but the user experience is lacking.

The networking feature - matchmaking two attendees and putting them in a virtual meeting room - was interesting and fun

The Streamyard service Hopin uses for streaming presentations is confusing to use and poorly integrated into the rest of the platform

Selena
Communications in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Review

Kommentare: Great! Long hours, but so much better than having to work through someone else to get thework done. It was a lot of work, but in the end brought everyone involved a little bit closer as a team and with some new skills to brag about!

The fluidity, ease of social interaction/connections, and democratic approach to the user experience. It is not a static pre-planned "website with links to Zoom meetings." Hopin creates a virtual space that is flexible, can easily be updated if plans change without starting from scratch (even last-second when you are live), and comes alive and takes on the personality of those who are using it. Very nice.

The fact you can't duplicate sessions and booths made for a lot of tedious work. Many speakers didn't register until just before it was time to present and by then it was too late to assign them as moderators. Nothing could be done if the administrator couldn't be reached with such short notice. They had to be admitted on stage by another moderator to present as attendees. If a person that was already a moderator could give them permissions on the fly, it would've helped immensely. A dedicated poll for the stage would be very useful. Some sort of event-wide pop-up/push notice would've made communication much easier event-wide. Repeatedly pasting a notice in multiple chats was annoying and time-consuming. It would've been really nice if the pinned chats were formatted to stand out more. I noticed they were ignored quite a bit, even if there were only one or two other chats. The thing I liked the least was the lack of a privacy mode for moderated sessions. Our speakers had to meet in one session, then move to their actual session to present. It would be so much easier if moderators can prepare together in private in their session or go behind "the curtain" if something happens without worrying about awkward conversations in front of an audience. I imagine it like a mini backstage that is controlled with a toggle button like in the booths.

Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Your one stop shop for Meeting Apps

Kommentare: Absolutely love this product!

This software will fit about 95% of all meeting app needs for a fraction of the price that some of the other competitors offer. A great base set of plug and play options while allowing the more experienced designers play with new and innovative ways to push the envelope

iPhone heavy & little web access. Android users do have a dedicated app for the store but the product is geared more for the iPhone. iPads even use the iPhone software so it doesn't take up the full screen and landscape mode is not available yet.

Antwort von Hopin

Thanks a ton for your review, we¿re so thrilled you love our app! We aim to offer consistent functionality across devices, so we appreciate the feedback you gave regarding the Android experience. We cannot get better without your input! Regarding tablet support, you may be excited to hear that we are currently exploring the idea of building a native tablet version of our app, so please keep your ear to the ground on that :slightly_smiling_face: Feel free to keep an eye on our product roadmap here: https://attendify.com/company/roadmap All the best!

Robyn
Project Officer in Australien
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Attendify is an overall very good product

Kommentare: Overall I think it's worth using an App for our annual conference, even though as I said my audience, being outdoor educators are a bit resistant- they still look for pieces of paper. As the organiser though it makes my life easier. I have used Attendify for 3 years now and even though there are small changes I know it well and can navigate around it easily. Because our Org is non profit and we have very little funding I am very grateful that I get to use ATTendify at a slightly reduced rate- that makes the world of difference to our bottom line.

Ease of input. Ability to add to my website with little fuss

I wish I could move presentation entries directly in the APP between days more easily I wish there were other layout options, especially for website ie table/ grid version which I could also then print- my audience still insist on having printed versions on the wall so I have to create a separate timetable in excel, giving me a lot of extra work to make sure it all matches up. I wish there was better support in our time zone

Antwort von Hopin

Thanks for the review Robyn! It's great to hear that our app has added value to your event for a few years now! We're always looking for ways to improve the product, so thanks for the deatiled feedback about the layout options as well. Hoping we get the chance to partner with your organization yet again! Take care :)

Keira
Executive Director in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great platform with a few hiccups

Kommentare: Overall I love the platform and intend to keep using it. I am hoping they will roll out a mid tier plan that provides more features than the monthly option and is less expensive than the Enterprise plan. We opted for Enterprise for the customization options, branding and tech support. However, the tech support was basically useless and my in house IT expert was more helpful and costs less!

This was by far the easiest platform to set up our online event and the learning curve foe attendees was minimal. The majority of our event feedback said the platform was easy to navigate, provided several ways to network, connect and engage with other attendees and speakers. It is visually appealing and very user friendly. This was what clinched the sale for us for an Enterprise 12 month license. There is nothing worse than joining a virtual event where you can’t figure out how to view the content or live sessions. The ability to offer tracks and ticket restricted sessions was a huge plus because we have various ticket levels.

There were a few times when a speaker couldn’t get into their breakout session or, despite a strong, stable WiFi connection attendees, speakers or admins would get kicked off of a session. This happened to me, the event host, in the very first session!

Tracey
Convention Director in USA
Sport, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An event must!

Kommentare: I went to a similar event about a month after my event that used a different app. I had issues with downloading the app and was frequently kicked off. The organizers tried to send updates on how to straighten things out but it was a hassle. Going with Attendify was clearly the best choice.

I'm not tech savvy and I had no issues. Uploading information was easy and when I did have a question, customer service responded quickly. The format is clean and I could customize the app to brand my event. During the event I was able to make immediate changes and attendees had no issues with downloading the app or obtaining information. I looked at similar event apps that were charging 10 times the amount with less features. I thought Attendify was too good to be true but it was clearly not the case.

Not being able to integrate Instagram was a frustration.

Antwort von Hopin

We're thrilled with your rave review Tracey - thanks so much! It's great to hear that you had such a positive experience and that we were able to exceed expectations on so many accounts! We hear you on the Instagram integration, and hopefully this is something we'll be able to make happen in a future release. Looking forward to working together again :)

Marcia
Communications & Marketing Manager in USA

Great Event Apps!

Kommentare: We've used Attendify for our Elevate Early Learning Conference event apps for three years now. Each year Attendify doesn't let us down. The customer service is excellent. The product is super-easy to use and it takes very little time to create a great event app that is engaging and a lot of fun. Another great thing about Attendify is the value. The company offers a generous nonprofit discount and that helps us save money for our direct services, while at the same time creating a great event app that enriches our annual conference year after year.

We love how great our event apps turn out on Attendify! We've used the product for three years now and each year we get so much great feedback on our app. We also love how simple it is to set up and use.

Literally nothing! We have no complaints.

Antwort von Hopin

Hi Marcia! Thanks a ton for such high praise :D We're thrilled that Attendify has brought so much added value to your events and that you've had such a great experience! Looking forward to partnering with you on future events!

Anna
Head of Digital Events in Österreich
Medienproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Cool product and well on the way to becoming the market leader

The software is extremely intuitive, both as an admin and as an event attendee.

Targeted matchmaking between attendees could still be developed and a personal agenda could be implemented for attendees according to their preferred program tracks.

Sarah
Digital Marketing Manager in USA

Keep it Simple Stupid!

Attendify takes a seemingly overwhelming task, like building a conference app, and makes it simple! The interface is straight-forward and easy - no coding necessary. In the time it takes you to post a blog to WordPress, you can build an app with Attendify.

I have very few cons about Attendify but have had several of our attendees approach me asking about the ability to add their own events alongside the events in the app. To have the ability to create your own schedule within the app would be a great addition for our audience!

Antwort von Hopin

Thanks for the thoughtful review Sarah! We're so glad you found our platform easy to use, and that it simplified your event planning efforts - that is our goal! We also appreciate the attendee feedback you provided! We'd love to show you how your attendees can use the 'favorites' feature to create their own personalized event guide within the app. Feel free to reach out to your dedicated success manager, or our support team, at any time for an overview! Looking forward to partnering with you again in the future :D

Emanuela
Director of Marketing
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great App for corporate events, not expensive

The App is easy to use from the backoffice point of view and also for the attendees. I used it as App for all our corporate events (multi-event app) and I received very positive feedback from users. The cost is not expensive compared to the other Apps available on the market. Best features are: - 1 app for all events - ability to restrict events with a password or using the attendee list - activity stream to engage attendees with photos, posts and adverting messages - detailed agenda with multi tracks on multi days. Users can build their on agenda setting alerts to remember sessions to attend. - interactive map of my venues - push messages to send alert to all attendees - private messages between attendees so ensure networking - APIs to integrate the agenda built on attendify with my events - native App for iOS and android and webapp for all the other devices - good customer support

I don't see any negative point. I think It is only missing a tool to manage one-on-one meeting between attendees and speakers.

Angelo
Creative Director in Kanada
Internet, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great out of the box event solution

It's a very simple out of the box solution to setup and deploy events. The UI is great and the UX simple. We had thousands of attendees and Hopin worked great. Support is easy to work with. We evaluated multiple vendors and Hopin stood out for the simple interface and ease of use.

Limited functionality at times, however, they do roll-out updates frequently. I would love to see native 1080p recording, better compression algorithm for sessions (keynotes are great but sessions on screen shares are sometimes choppy).

Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Really like the event app

Kommentare: We are using Attendify for the 2nd time. The app promotes interaction between our attendees, vendors and speakers. It is really a plus for us as a small business, one price.

I like that it is easy to create, has step by step instructions. Great for end users (our event attendees). Helps make your event as professional and easy as possible.

Downloading some of the graphics to display correctly on mobile devices is tricky.

Antwort von Hopin

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We're over the moon to hear of your continued positive experience with the Attendify platform! Regarding the issues with displaying graphics, could you please get in touch with our support team? We'd love to dig deeper into this with you. Looking forward to continuing the positive trend for your events!

Stephen
Head of Marketing in UK
Eventservice, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Very good but could be excellent with a few feature upgrades

Kommentare: Very good - it gives a great experience for users but with a few upgrades it could be the best on the market.

I like the self intuitive use that attendees get when using the product, it makes it easy for the organiser and the streaming of video gives a very good user experience.

I think what could be improved is a couple of things. The expo booths aren't very optimal for the exhibitors as it is very limited: - Video takes up the most of the booth and if an exhibitor doesn't have video then it doesn't look good. - The WYSIWYG editor is a good recent addition however the area in the booth is hidden as links to documents would be good to have in a more premium area - If you check out Showcard's expo booth I tihnk they are better laid out for a user's experience Also the information on other attendees would be better so you could search by company/ country as well to give more visibility on who is attending

Director of International Trade in USA
Welthandel & internationale Entwicklung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great app for non-profit events!

Kommentare: Absolutely love everything about this app and customer experience.

Ease of use and responsiveness from the team is bar none one of the best features of this app. There is no guesswork about customizing the app or where information belongs. It also provided us additional revenue sources through the sponsored app functionality. The ability to use for one-off events or reoccurring use is a great feature and benefit. We've used this app for two years now and have no reason to consider any other similar service

The only thing I would like to see added is matchmaking/scheduling functionality. Our event(s) are surrounded by a networking element and to have this become digitally organized instead of by hand would be extremely helpful.

Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Affordable Event App

Kommentare: The Attendify app has provided a simple way to publish a mobile app for our event. I would recommend it for any small company on a limited budget.

Our organization is a not-for profit association with a limited budget. With just one event a year using Attendify for our event app makes sense. It provides an affordable, entry-level access to an online event application.

It is very unfortunate that the new Apple rules means the app has to be within a container app. It would be good to have a stand-alone application for the ease of access and promotion.

Jill
Jill
Communications Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good value and very easy to use

Kommentare: I am confident in recommending Attendify. My colleagues and I spent lots of time testing event apps and not only was Attendify the most economical, it was super easy to use and the final product added another great dimension to our conference.

The app is well designed, visually appealing, and easy for users to download.

Our app was only available in the Apple Store and in Google Play. While there is a web-based version, users can't access the full functionality of the app on Amazon devices.

Antwort von Hopin

Thanks for the review, Jill! We're thrilled to hear that our app added value to your conference! And thanks for the feedback about the device support - we can understand this concern, and we strive to make our platform as accessible as possible to all users. We're looking forward to partnering with you on future events :)