Über Wordfence

Endpoint protection platform that helps IT professionals protect WordPress websites from targeted attacks, malware, and other threats.

Erfahre mehr über Wordfence

It had a very generous free tier which is important for a small business. There was a lot of features that to be honest were worth paying for.

I think maybe a bit difficult to understand some of their features and settings after you are set up.

Bewertungen zu Wordfence

Wordfence hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 15 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Wordfence bereits verwendet?

Fahadh N.
Fahadh N.
Managing Director in Sri Lanka

Wordfence to the rescue

Kommentare: Overall, Wordfence is a life-saver that prevents all unauthorized accesses and potential threats and keep your website safe.

I'm developing websites using Wordpress for the past 14 years. Since the past couple of years, hack attempts have increased by many folds. Wordfence has been installed on dozens of my websites and it always has been a life-safe. Specially with the in-built firewall rules, Wordfence ensures that unauthorized access to your site is completed blocked. With more blacklisting and whitelisting options - it gives more control over to who can access and who cannot. The premium version has a powerful Web Application Firewall (WAF) that acts as the frontline of the website that blocks potential threats that comes to your website.

The software can further improve. Particularly, a little bit more features added to it would make the plugin more irreplaceable. For example, file management security, database management security, more bruteforce relation hardening options (custom wp login url etc.) etc. can be added to increase more security.

Jeremy A.
Design, Selbstständig

The first plugin to get installed on every new site install

Kommentare: I recommend it since it offers peace of mind knowing the site has at least some protection. Even if it is the free version, I feel much better having it on there doing its thing.

I love how the free version offers enough protection for simple sites. I like having the login alerts notify me when others log in to the site. The feature to add usernames to a blacklist that will automatically lock out the user when entered at login is great too. Another great feature is the Wordfence Central feature, which lets you connect your account to Wordfence, it will list all of your connected sites in a central dashboard on their site to make managing all of your sites so easy and fast. That is my favorite feature.

I don't like how it has a notification icon next to the name in the dashboard menu for useless notifications. Especially when it is a notification for the ToS documents that appear every couple of weeks. That is really annoying to me but I'm the type of person that doesn't like extra notifications cluttering up my dashboard.

Vanessa A.
blogger in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

a bit complex

Kommentare: It was okay but I had some conflicts with the plugin and my hosting service.

It offers some good features for site security. I liked that it allowed you to customize your security settings even with the free plugin. You can also have login notices emailed to you as well.

I found the software dashboard to be a bit confusing. I also had an issue with scans. It seemed to be too heavy for my hosting service to handle.

Ann A.
Marketing Consultant in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

No need to become a security expert yourself; just use Wordfence

Kommentare: Overall, Wordfence handles security so I can do other things instead. I'd rather work on marketing and website content, and my clients would rather pay me to do that too to grow their businesses.

Wordfence is the first plugin I install on a site, instantly after installing WordPress. Wordfence has long been one of the top 2 or 3 WordPress security plugins when it comes to covering all bases to keep sites protected. Before Wordfence I spent hours trying to learn all the settings and best practices to protect a site, while trying to figure out which articles, classes, videos and webinars were legit and which were obsolete already or full of misinformation. Eventually I figured out that Wordfence automates all that. And their team is extremely diligent in adding to the product as new security risks and vulnerabilities emerge on the web, as well as working with individual plugin and theme developers to alert them of new issues and get them resolved. Now I don't have to try to be a security expert. The backbone of my website security strategy is Wordfence, plus a hosting company that is strong on server-side security - plus standard best practices like choosing complex passwords and managing a solid, redundant backup process. Something else I like a lot is the real-time email alerts from Wordfence when a new vulnerability is discovered with a WordPress plugin or theme or Wordpress itself - I can glance at the email to see if it's software I'm using on any of my sites, and if it is, follow Wordfence's instructions to update the software to a new version that contains a fix for that vulnerability.

I have a few sites where the Wordfence firewall is only 85% installed. There's one more step to optimize the firewall. But when I try, it fails. For this step there are several hosting server settings to try if the first setting fails, and you have to wait a couple days after each try to see if it worked. I've started the process twice, then lost track. I wish it could detect my hosting server settings automatically instead of just saying it's taking its best guess. Now I have to start over once again to document it so that I can open a support ticket if all the options fail.

Proinsias M.
Proinsias M.
Owner Manager Digital Specialist in Irland
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Excellent Free Model Tier for Small Businesses

Kommentare: I am very happy with Wordfence, and many developers who make website from small sole traders and businesses use the Free Plan and have no complaints. You need to set it up from a check sheet from someone reputable so you have the best security.

It had a very generous free tier which is important for a small business There was a lot of features that to be honest were worth paying for. I started to watch the weekly Video Call and I learnt a lot about security from those calls. I also did get the quiz right one week and I won some nice SWAG as it is referred to in the call I could switch off functions based on conflicts and general advice If there is a Critical Threath they will let you know even if you are on the free plan

I had to wait 4 weeks before learning about any major threats as I was not a paid member There was talk about it bloating my wordpress site, but to be honest I could not prove that. I upgraded by Hosting and Caching plugins and it was nothing to be worried about. There is a learning curve and I did rely on online help is setting up the configuration initially, and I was unsure if that advice was credible. But it worked well for me.

Paul O.
Paul O.
IT Director in Südafrika

Wordfence is the first plugin I install

Kommentare: I love Wordfence. I want it to be cheaper, but I love it.

We have large and small clients. Each client seems to have the same likelihood of being attacked as they have a WordPress website. Wordfence is on the forefront of security. They are constantly publishing reports on what the latest vulnerabilities are. They are protecting 1000s of sites from attack and it seems like they are getting better and better at blocking the attacks. We bundle the protection into our management fees as this makes the customer more protected than they would be without it.

The price. It is very expensive. As an agency, it would be great to be able to buy in bulk and pass on the savings to the smaller clients we host. Even with the 25% discount when we buy more than 15 licenses, it is still expensive for the smaller clients.

Alexis C.
ECommerce Specialist in USA
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Even the free version saves us headaches

Kommentare: We absolutely love this software for guarding our site, it has definitely alerted us to some dangers and activities we would not have other wise been aware of.

We use the free version and I love the immediate reports of suspicious activity on the site. From the dashboard we can easily see where and wen we are most under attack.

I really have no complaints, there's a purchase up option however the free option in and of itself is amazing.

Jason E.
Jason E.
sales executive-web designer in Kamerun

Wordfence review

Kommentare: I've been using this tool for about 4 months and find it to be very efficient. I highly recommend it for site security. You don't want to wake up on a good morning to discover that your website has crashed or been pirated. Give it a shot; you'll love it.

I'm not endorsing this tool in any way; my review is simply based on my acknowledgments and experience with it. Excellent website security tool. This tool, similar to a firewall, adds an extra layer of security to help prevent malware attacks. It's a free tool that any website owner can install and use to protect their site's quality. . It includes a website hack recovery feature, which is extremely useful if you need to recover a hacked website. This tool keeps track of all the activities that take place on my website on a daily basis.- It sends email alerts to my inbox whenever it detects any unusual activity on my website. .This tool has a 4.7/5 stars rating on WordPress with thousands of installations.

No cons. I just love how this tool works.

Zinonas A.
Programmer in Zypern

Excellent web-application Firewall

Kommentare: Wordfence stops any potential cyber attack in our website and we feel secure!

I'm using Wordfence plugin in the company's website and we are more than happy about the security of the website! We get a report in our email about any attacks that were successfully stopped!

There is nothing that we like least about the software. We are using the free version of the plugin and we are very satisfied!

Kim M.
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

WordFence Protects My Site Like No Other

Kommentare: I love that my website is safe from unscrupulous people trying to derail my hard work in maintaining an online presence.

I can't be bothered with hackers trying to infiltrate my site and WordFence stops them in their tracks.

There's really nothing to dislike about a tool that keeps your website safe and protected without needing you to do anything.

Helena B.
professional mentor in Kanada
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Very happy with this software, great website protection

Kommentare: I am very happy with this plugin I have had zero issues

I love that is fairly easy to use plugin, I didn't have to take too long to set up and it's been doing a great job of protecting my site

Jo B.
Web developer in UK
Design, Selbstständig

High site security

It's very easy to set up and the email notifications are really handy to keep an eye on site security

Premium is a little pricey but worth the peace of mind

Naz H.
Google Consultant in UK

Much Needed WAF.

Kommentare: Very positive, the staff are helpful and supportive and wordfence has helped me to protect numerous sites over the years.

I like the Firewall and scanner the best. Also, the integration with Wordfence Central is a brilliant feature to help centralise everything for agency/multi-site owners.

It's not the most user-friendly dashboard for non-technical users.

Anamta F.
Student in Pakistan
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, Selbstständig

Protection Against Hackers.

Kommentare: I highly recommend its use because of its comprehensive features.

Wordfence is the best Software Plugin that provides a fence against hackers. In this fast world where you don't know who is your friend and who is your enemy so in such a situation especially when it comes to digital platforms and your website so no one wants that his or her untiring struggle is hacked by hackers so wordfence is your solution. By activating wordfence to your site gets secured and now no hacker can harm your data, information and your hard work. With Wordfence Your firewall rules and scan malware are updated in real-time that makes sure immediate protection against all kinds of threats and malware. If your data is beneficial for a particular area so you do not need to let it open for everyone, with wordfence you can even restrict countries. There are some and a lot to come with wordfence so where you are investing your hard time and money for producing something so its security is a must in any case.

One feature is as it provides safety so every time when someone logins wordFence checks the traffic using my web resources but this is not something hectic because at the cost of little resources it is protecting your site from all kinds of threats.

Ankit G.
Maker in Indien

Website Protection Made Easy

Kommentare: My overall experience was good and I'll recommend it to most WordPress users as it provides an extra line of protection to your WordPress site.

WordPress sites have always been known to be vulnerable to cyber-attacks. That's one big problem that Wordfence solves to a certain extent. It helps fix vulnerabilities in your site and plugins so that it stays healthy and safe.

The only thing which I hate about Wordfence is that it tends to mess up with some plugins and cause them to malfunction.