Über DigitalOcean

Eine Cloud für Entwicklungsteams.

Erfahre mehr über DigitalOcean

Great UI - you can do everything in the browser without using CLI - create new web servers, managed databases, bucket storage. API matches Amazon S3 - familiar methods of interacting with resources.

Although their cost is really low, it is necessary to calculate them and it can be a bit complicated.

Bewertungen zu DigitalOcean

DigitalOcean hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 128 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du DigitalOcean bereits verwendet?

Dylan
Dylan
Software Developer in UK
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My new favourite cloud provider.

Kommentare: Porting my app to DigitalOcean was an absolute breeze. We went looking for a platform as a service provider that could replace Heroku without losing all the zero-config creature comforts we have come to expect, and DigitalOcean has more than met the mark. We are confident that we will have every need met throughout our scaling journey, and that the pricing will be fair all the way up.

DigitalOcean is the simplest and most cost-effective platform-as-a-service provider I have ever used. Their simplicity does not come at additional cost unlike Heroku, and they have all the tooling and infrastructure to manage your every cloud need. Their documentation is spectacular, and their support is second to none.

If there are any cons to using DigitalOcean, I haven't encountered them yet. My experience so far has been absolutely flawless and I am a very happy customer.

James
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Fast, Secure, Inexpensive and Easy to Use

Kommentare: Very easy to use, predictable billing, stable servers, no unexpected surprises.

I originally went with DigitalOcean because it integrated well with SpinupWP. I have found that DigitalOcean is very stable, has a very easy to use interface and is a cost effective solution to moving off of shared hosting like Siteground, iPower, GoDaddy, etc. and having more resources and control. Probably not for everybody, but if you are hosting many projects and want speed and control it is a top choice.

I really have not found anything I dislike about DigitalOcean, in fact to this point I have still not had to contact their customer support.

Omer
Manager in Bulgarien
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Terrible hosting!

Kommentare: I have used Digital Ocean for more than 2 years and I regret it. I started over the recommendation of our freelancer, but in 2 years, I always had a hard time, from setting up, to managing, to backup, and performance, everything was very hard and confusing for me. And whenever I had a problem and opened a ticket, I only received automated responses and never heard from a real person answering my messages! In the end, one of my sites was hacked because of Digital Ocean and they didn't even bother to respond to me for anything at all! I finally pulled the plug and changed to another hosting provider which I am happy with! So, in short, if you are not a genius with IT, stay away from Digital Ocean. Or if you use, pray that you will not have any problems and will need technical support, because if you do, support will be nowhere to be found! Stay away at all costs! You will regret it!

nothing, nothing at all! I didnt like anyting at all.

Stay away at all costs! You will regret it!

Eric
Eric
Digital Marketer in UK
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

DigitalOcean Review

Kommentare: My overall experience has been top-notch, we have never had any problem using it from day one and i highly recommend it.

What I like most about DigitalOcean are its ease of use and user-friendly interface. DigitalOcean provides a simple and intuitive control panel that makes it easy for users to create and manage their resources, such as Droplets, spaces, load balancers, and more. This can be beneficial for users who are new to cloud computing or who want to avoid the complexity of other cloud providers.

The only throwback I have with DigitalOcean is that it may not have as many features and services as some of the larger cloud providers, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud. DigitalOcean focuses mainly on providing simple, easy-to-use solutions for developers and small to medium-sized businesses, and may not have as many specialized services or advanced features as some of the larger providers. But am sure they are working on adding more features soon.

Romaric
Romaric
Web graphic designer in Kamerun

DigitalOcean

Kommentare: Digital ocean saves the cost of hosting both for my company and for the clients and this keeps me happy especially as I get the best speed performance too. I recommend digital ocean

Currently, Digital ocean is my number one recommended VPS provider. It provides reliable and flexible hosting features which can fully be managed by the user himself.Although it does require advanced knowledge in cloud computing, but did its best to maintain everything simple and straightforward.The company offers step-by-step article guides for all its products. This keeps the customer well-oriented.All of the servers are hosted in secure and trusted countries and this ensures an accurate distribution of data, hence providing more speed and enthusiasm for users and site owners.It offers flexible pricing plans which are easily scalable (depending on the user's needs) and what entices me more is the pay-as-you-go pricing model which enables me to pay for only what I use. This is quite different from all these web hosting companies who will trick you to pay for some hosting commitments.I run more than three WordPress websites on a single droplet ( 2Cores CPU, 2 Gb RAM, and Ubuntu 18.04), and after testing three different themes and a number of plugins; the speed performance results are still amazing.The Digital ocean user interface is very neat & organized. This helps to facilitate feature placement recognition. The company also provides a built-in commands terminal which makes it easier to run the server installation process as well as any other reacquired components.The company support staff is very friendly.

I have no issues with its quality of service so far, maybe there might be some in the future. But as for now, everything works to my expectations.

Daniel
Daniel
Founder in Argentinien
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Digital Ocean is in my top 5 for hosting solutions

Kommentare: Digital Ocean accomodates all kind of public. I use it's services for my small to medium business websites, for hosting, databases and backup. I also deploy my internal tools there. It's affordable, reliable and also plays nice with others.

You can depend on Digital Ocean. It's server are very sturdy, you can choose from a very wide range of options and everything is documented.

It's complicated to setup properly, but it's getting better every day. This is not Digital Ocean's fault, Cloud Computing is though.

Lazer
Lazer
Applications Developer in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Intuitive Tools for Creating Infrastructure

Kommentare: I've been really happy with DigitalOcean. I started out just messing around with a small side project to stay sharp. I'm now running a server for an API, another server for a frontend app, and a managed DB that the API pulls from. Connecting these was easy and connecting my domains to different servers was easy. I have loved working in DigitalOcean and I love that the prices are low enough that I could play around without any real intent of making a profitable project, and that breathing space let me run the servers and resources for long enough that I actually have something up and running pretty nicely with just a few hours here and there to tinker.

- Great UI - you can do everything in the browser without using CLI - create new web servers, managed databases, bucket storage - API matches Amazon S3 - familiar methods of interacting with resources - Pricing is great, 200GB bucket storage runs $5/mo, Servers start at $5 month, managed DB at $15/mo. - CDN for fast delivery across the globe - Easy to understand your bill and not get bit. You can create an image of your server and then kill the server, so you are not being charged server prices ($$/month) and just image prices (pennies/month). This makes it easy to put a project on hold and come back in the future without paying a ton to host something that's just waiting for you. - One-click to spin up a provisioned Ubuntu droplet, LAMP stack or dozens of preconfigured server images. I especially liked this feature because I'm not a linux genius and getting Apache and PHP setup can take me hours of tears and frustration. Instead, you can just select an image that interests you and 30 seconds later you have a server ready to go. - Floating IPs let you lock in a permanent IP address even though you may start and stop servers and their individual IPs might change - Domain management. This is a key feature. If you move your nameservers to DO, it's stupid easy to create subdomains and point them to your DO servers. - Easy to resize/upgrade a server, add RAM or disk space. - Tons of Q&A, any time I had a question someone else had already asked it and received a clear answer.

There is the occasional UI bug, and sometimes I get an email about a region having some temporary hold on creating new servers. Nothing that lasts more than a few minutes, and usually its something like "We are temporarily disabling the ability to create new servers in the NYC3 Region" but existing resources don't go down and if I desperately needed to start a new server I could just use any other region and move it to the NYC3 region later if necessary.

Fernando
CTO and General Manager in Mexiko
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great place to start and for small projects

Kommentare: We love DigitalOcean, whenever we need to deploy something small or test some new things in the wild, it is our go-to option.

It's cheap, easy to use, easy to set up and the uptime and documentation is amazing.

As more resources are needed and/or the project works, maybe a more managed solution could be a better option, higher tiers are not as much of a value for your money.

Ajay S
Ajay S
Web Dev in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Digital Ocean is really an ocean

Kommentare: It's awesome and hopefully will be awesome. It's IaaS service i loved the most.

it's reliability is awesome and worls very awesome. Pricing also cheap. So we consider and refer to other.

Support system should be empowered to best level as other are having advanced system for support to customers.

Divaldo
CEO in Portugal
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Excellent VPS hosting provider

Kommentare: Excellent experience! Whenever there is no need to contact a company's support, it is a sign that they have a solid solution, as well as a very broad knowledge base. Whenever I needed to investigate the installation of apps on VPS I found a huge amount of documentation and videos.

Own hosting panel, simple and intuitive. I never needed to use the support, as it's all so simple :-)

I didn't find any point that I didn't like, I used it a lot during COVID where I had installed several APPS, one of which was jitsi, which provided access to my family for video conferencing and not having to pay for ZOOM.

Greg
Director in UK

Simplicity without compromising features

Kommentare: I switched to Digital Ocean from AWS after a long and considered research phase. The problems I wanted to avoid were 1) unpredictable pricing, 2) vendor tie-in, 3) difficult to get performance without just paying more. With Digital Ocean, all of the above points were hit, and I feel totally control of my company's digital infrastructure.

With Digital Ocean, you get exactly what you pay for. Unlike other cloud providers, if you pay for a server with X capacity, you get exactly that, without any secret charges or "token" based performance. The pricing is predictable and the decisions are made simple. On top of this, the web-based user interface is well thought out and allows you to organise your servers into teams and projects. Each team can have separate billing but it is all predictable.

The web admin user interface is a little slow and clunky at times. It does the job, and is pleasant to look at, but seeing an animation of a shark swimming every time you click a button is common. I can't knock the functionality, but the way the web application has been built means that every action requires a loading animation, which can really get in the way of the task at hand.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

DigitalOcean is my favorite go-to hosting solution

Kommentare: I am overall extremely satisfied with DigitalOcean, but like every company - I think there are some core features they can (and should) improve.

- They have an extremely clear pricing model - you always know what you're gonna be paying that month (no unexpected charges of $5k). - It's really simple to get setup and working - They allow for Floating IP's (for free, while being assigned to a droplet) and this allows you to really quickly reroute traffic to another service. - It has a very well documented and powerful API so you can automate repetitive tasks - They generally respond well to user feature requests on their portal.

- It feels like snapshotting or creating a new server takes longer than it needs to. - You cannot download snapshots. - You cannot transfer services (like a droplet or ip) to another account or team.

IT Manager in USA
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent VPS Hosting

Kommentare: DigitalOcean basically runs all of our cloud infrastructure at this point! From web servers and databases to our inventory management applications- everything has never been more stable, secure and I 10/10 recommend DigitalOcean!

The ease of use is really what shines here, it just works. Over the past 2 years I have had almost no downtime! All of my cloud infrastructure runs on Digital Ocean now, and I've never even bothered looking elsewhere!

The only downfall, is that I wish there were more flexible pricing options. I wish there was a droplet sized smaller then the $5 option, as well as more a-la-carte options

Web developer in UK
Internet, Selbstständig

A cheap, but powerful, way of hosting projects

Kommentare: I have found DigitalOcean to be incredibly useful, extensible, and cheap. The learning curve was very steep, for someone not really used to using the command line. However, once I'd put in the initial work, I now have a very capable setup.

For basic use, the lowest tier (or Droplet, in DigitalOcean speak) is very attractive. Regular automatic backups can be added for a small fee, and Droplets can be increased in size and power very easily to match your needs. It really is a blank slate, so you can install pretty much any software onto a Droplet.

It can be quite intimidating to have to set up everything yourself. If you're coming from a regular hosting service, such as GoDaddy or Heart Internet, the amount of steps involved to just get a basic server up and running, coupled with keeping everything safe from security loopholes and hacking attempts, can be off-putting.

Bill Laurel
Bill Laurel
Developer in Frankreich
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Fast, Easy, and Reliable Hosting with DigitalOcean

DigitalOcean is an ideal choice for backend development, as it offers a great deal of flexibility in terms of server options, an intuitive user interface, and fast deployment cycles. Developers have access to virtual private servers (VPS) and dedicated servers, allowing them to customize the server according to their specific needs, from the size and type of hardware to the operating system and software installed. Additionally, the wide range of pre-configured options allows for quick setup and deployment, making it ideal for automated deployments. These features make DigitalOcean one of the best choices for backend development, enabling developers to develop and deploy applications rapidly.

I dislike that DigitalOcean does not offer as many services as some of their competitors. They are making a great effort to add more services, but they are still behind in comparison to other cloud providers.

Harshit
Harshit
Intern in Indien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Techie’s best choice

Kommentare: I am using digitalocean since 3 years I an extremely satisfied

The software comes with a free one year subscription if you have github pro which is insanely good and the power and speed the virtual machines have i think no other machines have in the world

The product is designed in such a way leaves no cons back

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Affordable Cloud computing environment

Kommentare: We have deployed grade auctioning platform on digital ocean. Application workload is too heavy on some days. But digitlocean still could manage the workload smoothly. We also deployed few smaller size applications and smaller TPS db instances on smallest droplets. So the can have cost benefit here. I can definitely recommend DigitalOcena to anyone.

+Affordable pricings. +Deployments are super fast and easy. +Support Microservices architecture +DNS management is very convenient. +Droplets backups can be configured for small amount.

+ I/O problems in smaller droplets. + Network security cannot be implemented to the deeper level. + Limitation on custom images (ex. Cannot have more than 100GB image, cannot assign floating IP)

Rodolfo
Consultant in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Easy to use

Kommentare: It has been amazing

It is really simple to spin up a server from scratch or to use something that is already on the marketplace, if you want to play around something is as simple of searching and then apply a custom image with the software preinstalled, or if you are an advance user and have your own docker images, you can orchestrate the kubernetes cluster without issues.

Distributed Private Networks could be improved, firewall rules are really good, missing some more advanced granularity for very specific needs

Design, Selbstständig

My go-to hosting service

Kommentare: This allows me to manage my own products and sites online. Backups help things to be really reliable and provide peace of mind. I would not in any case return to GoDaddy, HostGator, Bluehost, etc. for hosting!

This was my introduction to transitioning from webhosts like Bluehost and HostGator (which could be super expensive and difficult to manage). DigitalOcean provides me with total control. There is a much hard initial learning curve, but their documentation is incredibly thorough! The process of getting my sites set up really helped me to become empowered as a web designer.

Hard initial learning curve if you do not have a background in hosting your own web-based products or sites.

Saurav
Saurav
Creator in Nepal
Rundfunkmedien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A great all rounder for all cloud computing needs.

Kommentare: Fast, Robust, Great techincal support. I actually Signed up for trial to learn about their services and features the main purpose was for VPn but I ended up making it a node for online game tunneling.

DigitalOcean is a great platform for many developers and cloud computing enthusiasts as they provide up to date hardware for their systems. they have a robust network and greater availability regions and have great customer support that will help you anytime. DigitalOcean's market presence is quite high. the most interesting thing that I found was they have very low latency for VPN uses in Droplet.

The only thing that is hated about it is that I was not able to successfully use it as a VPN server because most of their IPs are flagged as VPN server even though they serve different purposes in Online content streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. It, not Digitalocean's fault because as their service for VPN servers are so famous that content providers blocked them all. but overall A+.

Tobias
Tobias
Senior Consultant in Schweden
Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Top of the line solution!

Kommentare: I could not be more happier!

Awesome to be able to utilize resources in the cloud and a really good provider that has excellent support to give. In addition they provide top of the line document and technical implementation guides, which I love!

Can't come up with anything straight away, except for wanting lover rates, even if they are very low already. :-)

R&D engineer in Tschechien
Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

DigitalOcean review

Kommentare: Very good and modern tool allowing quick web app development and deployment. Really good experience with integration.

Gives us the possibility to quickly deploy the web app or server for super reasonable price before. The implementation is really easy

The documentation is sporadic in some important technical details. This should be improved to speed up our development

Manhar
Technical Architect in Indien
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Suitable product for startup's

Kommentare: It was really good experience working with Digital Ocean.

Documentation, Pricing, Customer Support

Need some more products on platforms like maria db as Dbaas service.

Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Develop and deploy applications

It's a powerful platform for developers to develop and deploy applications.

A few availability problems may be noted.

Gregory
Software Engineer in Schweiz
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Need a cheap and easily deployable server? DigitalOcean is the right choice

The clean User Interface of their website make a great experience. Combined with the fact that a simple server can be quickly deployed with the help of droplets makes DigitalOcean an easy choice.

If you are not a bit knowledgeable in the sector then it can get confusing with all the options they offer, but they provide many in depth guide on how to set everything up.