DigitalOcean Erfahrungen

Über DigitalOcean

Eine Cloud für Entwicklungsteams.

Erfahre mehr über DigitalOcean

It has a very well documented and powerful API so you can automate repetitive tasks. They generally respond well to user feature requests on their portal.

Although their cost is really low, it is necessary to calculate them and it can be a bit complicated.

Bewertungen zu DigitalOcean

DigitalOcean hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 66 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du DigitalOcean bereits verwendet?

Lazer
Lazer
Applications Developer in USA

Intuitive Tools for Creating Infrastructure

Kommentare: I've been really happy with DigitalOcean. I started out just messing around with a small side project to stay sharp. I'm now running a server for an API, another server for a frontend app, and a managed DB that the API pulls from. Connecting these was easy and connecting my domains to different servers was easy. I have loved working in DigitalOcean and I love that the prices are low enough that I could play around without any real intent of making a profitable project, and that breathing space let me run the servers and resources for long enough that I actually have something up and running pretty nicely with just a few hours here and there to tinker.

- Great UI - you can do everything in the browser without using CLI - create new web servers, managed databases, bucket storage - API matches Amazon S3 - familiar methods of interacting with resources - Pricing is great, 200GB bucket storage runs $5/mo, Servers start at $5 month, managed DB at $15/mo. - CDN for fast delivery across the globe - Easy to understand your bill and not get bit. You can create an image of your server and then kill the server, so you are not being charged server prices ($$/month) and just image prices (pennies/month). This makes it easy to put a project on hold and come back in the future without paying a ton to host something that's just waiting for you. - One-click to spin up a provisioned Ubuntu droplet, LAMP stack or dozens of preconfigured server images. I especially liked this feature because I'm not a linux genius and getting Apache and PHP setup can take me hours of tears and frustration. Instead, you can just select an image that interests you and 30 seconds later you have a server ready to go. - Floating IPs let you lock in a permanent IP address even though you may start and stop servers and their individual IPs might change - Domain management. This is a key feature. If you move your nameservers to DO, it's stupid easy to create subdomains and point them to your DO servers. - Easy to resize/upgrade a server, add RAM or disk space. - Tons of Q&A, any time I had a question someone else had already asked it and received a clear answer.

There is the occasional UI bug, and sometimes I get an email about a region having some temporary hold on creating new servers. Nothing that lasts more than a few minutes, and usually its something like "We are temporarily disabling the ability to create new servers in the NYC3 Region" but existing resources don't go down and if I desperately needed to start a new server I could just use any other region and move it to the NYC3 region later if necessary.

Founder in Argentinien
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Digital Ocean is in my top 5 for hosting solutions

Kommentare: Digital Ocean accomodates all kind of public. I use it's services for my small to medium business websites, for hosting, databases and backup. I also deploy my internal tools there. It's affordable, reliable and also plays nice with others.

You can depend on Digital Ocean. It's server are very sturdy, you can choose from a very wide range of options and everything is documented.

It's complicated to setup properly, but it's getting better every day. This is not Digital Ocean's fault, Cloud Computing is though.

Omer
Manager in Bulgarien
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Terrible hosting!

1,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I have used Digital Ocean for more than 2 years and I regret it. I started over the recommendation of our freelancer, but in 2 years, I always had a hard time, from setting up, to managing, to backup, and performance, everything was very hard and confusing for me. And whenever I had a problem and opened a ticket, I only received automated responses and never heard from a real person answering my messages! In the end, one of my sites was hacked because of Digital Ocean and they didn't even bother to respond to me for anything at all! I finally pulled the plug and changed to another hosting provider which I am happy with! So, in short, if you are not a genius with IT, stay away from Digital Ocean. Or if you use, pray that you will not have any problems and will need technical support, because if you do, support will be nowhere to be found! Stay away at all costs! You will regret it!

nothing, nothing at all! I didnt like anyting at all.

Stay away at all costs! You will regret it!

Founder in USA

Deploying Linux or open-source software? Use DigitalOcean

Kommentare: In a word -- superb on all fronts -- as an example, we were replicating a certain image type that wouldn't work -- any time we'd load the image on a new box, it would fail. It turned out to be a very specific issue around the length of the image name on a specific Debian release -- the DigitalOcean support team figured it out, and looped back with us, long after we'd simply rebuilt the image.

The most amazingly refreshing platform to use in a long time, especially for back-end work. We'd switched from AWS, which was incredibly cumbersome to administer.

We sometimes have had to migrate between data centers because the machines we wanted in the data center in which we already had nodes didn't have the same node available for scaling.

Software Developer in Brasilien
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

The best cloud computing company I have ever used

Kommentare: I build custom software for clients and have some SaaS products hosted on the platform. Their data security, availability and high velocity servers make me confident to do my job while they keep it online. I'm a completely happy costumer! They are providing me a perfect experience for more than 4 years.

The awesome user interface of the product is a killing feature, ages ahead of competition. I love how simple and efficient everything is, from deploying a new droplet to asking for support. They offer an excellent service at very low cost. They helped me starting my business, teaching me with their free tutorials how to build and manage servers.

I would love to see investments on a Brazilian datacenter. This is the only missing feature for me.

Carlos
Senior statistician in USA
Forschung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to setup and very useful

Kommentare: Excellent. Start working in minutes, and I am not an IT professsional. Digital Ocean offers very flexible plans and it is very easy to switch alternatives when needed. Invoices are clear and fair. I use Digital Ocean to mount one or more servers for my personal work, involving data analysis and education. It has saved me hours of installing software and allows working virtually from any location and any device.

Very easy to setup, all the options that I need are available, can start working in minutes.

I would like more low-cost alternatives.

Jesse
Owner/Developer in USA
Internet, Selbstständig

Digital Ocean has saved me a lot of money

Kommentare: The pricing is fantastic and has really forced me to abandon any expensive managed hosting platforms. With DO, I can use the latest web server technology when I want. I have experience nothing but great, prompt customer service.

Along with great guides, DO has provided me and my clients with a growing list of tools to be more productive.

The learning curve was steep when I started using DO several years ago. I imagine those with no experience in this area would struggle but the guides really helped.

Arun
Chief Executive Officer in Indien

Choose DO as a reliable and affordable cloud provider

Kommentare: I have been a long time customer of Digital Ocean and used their droplets to run Wordpress based websites and applications. The service is always reliable and also their customer support team is super helpful.

DigitalOcean provides an inexpensive and easy-to-manage cloud platform that offers reliable services that is very well-designed. The design language across the platform is clean and modern. It literally takes minutes to spin a server get to work.

The service is heavily developer focused so non-developers (Business users) to use the system without a fair bit of learning curve. This is a not necessarily a disadvantage but calling out so buyers make informed decisions.

Ajay S
Ajay S
Web Dev in Indien

Digital Ocean is really an ocean

Kommentare: It's awesome and hopefully will be awesome. It's IaaS service i loved the most.

it's reliability is awesome and worls very awesome. Pricing also cheap. So we consider and refer to other.

Support system should be empowered to best level as other are having advanced system for support to customers.

Marc Vincent
Marc Vincent
PHP Developer in Philippinen

Why I love DigitalOcean

Kommentare: Easy, fast, and will not break the bank.

Set up is a breeze even if I've only started working with Linux when I tried it.

Basic Linux/server knowledge is required to effectively use their service which is common to VPS services.

Kunal
Consultant in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Best Cloud Hosting for Developers with Wonderful User Interface and Tutorials

Kommentare: Overall I am quite happy with the way DigitalOcean is. Currently my site is hosted on DigitalOcean and loads quickly. A faster loading site means more visitors and more visitors means more income generating possibilities. Spinning new servers from images save lot of time.

Things that I like about DigitalOcean are 1) You get power of cloud computing at some discount compared to Amazon and Google. 2) Nice and intuitive dashboard. 3) You can provision new servers in around 60 seconds. 4) Developer friendly. 5) Ability to collaborate with teams. 6) Predictable pricing. 7) Scale up as you grow. 8) Can enable IPv6 for the server. 9) Get to know various monitoring metrics like CPU and RAM consumption, disk usage, bandwidth consumption in the dashboard at a minimal interval of 5 minutes. You can see these usage for last 14 days. 10) Take backups and snapshots incase of anything goes wrong. 11) Easy to configure Firewall. 12) Can increase disk space easily by adding Block Storage to the droplets. 13) DigitalOceans Spaces can be used to offload static files for as low as $5 for 1TB CDN bandwidth and reduce load on server. 14) DigitalOcean has one of the best knowledge base and how to articles to get you started or get out if you are stuck. 15) Create alerts to receive email notification 16) Get email notification when monthly spending reaches your defined threshold.

Things that I don't like about DigitalOcean are 1) You have to turn off the droplet to scale up or scale down. 2) Information regarding DDoS attacks on droplets should also me made available in the control panel. 3) Backups and Snapshots costs extra and are pricy. 4) Does not accept prepaid cards for payments.

Greg
Director in UK

Simplicity without compromising features

Kommentare: I switched to Digital Ocean from AWS after a long and considered research phase. The problems I wanted to avoid were 1) unpredictable pricing, 2) vendor tie-in, 3) difficult to get performance without just paying more. With Digital Ocean, all of the above points were hit, and I feel totally control of my company's digital infrastructure.

With Digital Ocean, you get exactly what you pay for. Unlike other cloud providers, if you pay for a server with X capacity, you get exactly that, without any secret charges or "token" based performance. The pricing is predictable and the decisions are made simple. On top of this, the web-based user interface is well thought out and allows you to organise your servers into teams and projects. Each team can have separate billing but it is all predictable.

The web admin user interface is a little slow and clunky at times. It does the job, and is pleasant to look at, but seeing an animation of a shark swimming every time you click a button is common. I can't knock the functionality, but the way the web application has been built means that every action requires a loading animation, which can really get in the way of the task at hand.

MAFTEI
MAFTEI
entreprenour in Rumänien
Internet, Selbstständig

Made for developers, ready for production, powers my whole business

Kommentare: Being able to combine different resources the way I need gives me the maximum flexibility to offer the optimal solutions to my customers. Almost all important web services providers have almost impossible to understand pricing calculators - pretending that this extremely insane granulation will make you obtain the optimal cost effective solution. It may be true for a large organisation, but for small companies like mine, a simple and straight-forward pricing model like the one digitalocean has is more than enough and makes me not waste my precious programming hours.

I have tried different VPS solutions, looking for a reliable, easy to use and cost effective solution for my web apps and websites. Finally I've ended up migrating almost all my work to Digitalocean, my being a developer who does not wish to waste too much time with sys admin issues. Everything comes handy and is easy to understand. A big plus for me, working mainly the EU market is that I can host my VPS's in the EU, so that I may comply to the GDPR requirements. I just love it.

I really have no complaints. Everything works smoothly

Piotr
Owner in Polen
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A good place for your VPS

Kommentare: We use DigitalOcean for a couple of years now to maintain our websites. It keeps running with no issues, so we are pleased with that outcome.

Very easy to create, backup and replicate VPS servers. Everything is in the right place and the web panel is very user friendly. Pricing for newly created servers is very clear and fair.

Sometimes you need to get to the console, do the research and set up something, but it's VPS so you kind of agreed to that

IT Specialist in USA

DigitalOcean is my favorite go-to hosting solution

Kommentare: I am overall extremely satisfied with DigitalOcean, but like every company - I think there are some core features they can (and should) improve.

- They have an extremely clear pricing model - you always know what you're gonna be paying that month (no unexpected charges of $5k). - It's really simple to get setup and working - They allow for Floating IP's (for free, while being assigned to a droplet) and this allows you to really quickly reroute traffic to another service. - It has a very well documented and powerful API so you can automate repetitive tasks - They generally respond well to user feature requests on their portal.

- It feels like snapshotting or creating a new server takes longer than it needs to. - You cannot download snapshots. - You cannot transfer services (like a droplet or ip) to another account or team.

IT Manager in USA
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent VPS Hosting

Kommentare: DigitalOcean basically runs all of our cloud infrastructure at this point! From web servers and databases to our inventory management applications- everything has never been more stable, secure and I 10/10 recommend DigitalOcean!

The ease of use is really what shines here, it just works. Over the past 2 years I have had almost no downtime! All of my cloud infrastructure runs on Digital Ocean now, and I've never even bothered looking elsewhere!

The only downfall, is that I wish there were more flexible pricing options. I wish there was a droplet sized smaller then the $5 option, as well as more a-la-carte options

Mikey
Managing Director in UK
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

One of the best providers on the market

Kommentare: We are using Digital ocean to host our SaaS product along side some AWS systems to fill the gaps.

Digital Ocean delivers incredible value for money along with some of the best features sets available on the market. With excellent ease-of-use and brilliant documentation, support and knowledge bases to match. There's no one else like it in the market.

Missing some features of larger providers like AWS, however, these aren't things that we are looking for so don't miss it.

Saba
Saba
Web developer in Georgien

One of the best hosting services in the world!

Kommentare: I use digitalocean daily already for several years. Its really cheap and it makes things done with no problems.

Digitalocean is one of the best hosting services in the world. Its really easy to use and it has huge amount of features. You can easily control your droplets and administrate everything as you want.

Some of the features are little bit hard to use and understand. Sometimes digitalocean has some problems with some types of bank cards.

Toby
Director in UK

Fantastic value and easy to use

Kommentare: DigitalOcean does what it needs for us - highly flexible, low cost cloud hosting, with scaled up resources at the click of a butotn.

Digital Ocean is unbeatable on cost and ease of use for an IAAS. Managing droplets is intuitive and as simple as you can hope for. Uptime / reliability is great.

Doesn't have as much power as AWS, but that's the trade-off for simplicity.

Derick
Sr. Web Developer in Mexiko
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Great hosting for developers who like control

Kommentare: When you need to custom change your server you need Digital Ocean. Console access, networking, several OS images and more.

Total control of your server and networking.

Server statistics can be deceptive sometimes.

Juanito
Juanito
Desarrollador Web in Bolivien

Un aliado imprescindible

Kommentare: Me encanta DigitalOcean, es muy escalable, tiene precios flexibles para desarrollar tu carrera en desarrollo de software en la nube. Puedes ofrecer servicios de deploy u hosting para proyectos web.

Me encanta el portafolio de servicios que tiene DigitalOcean, no importa si estás estudiando o desarrollando una aplicación para producción, DigitalOcean es tu gran aliado.

Como es un servicio cloud computing, requiere de ciertas habilidades que debes desarrollar para usar los servicios. Aunque también con un conocimiento básico puedes desplegar tus aplicaciones.

Stefan
Manager in Rumänien
Baumaterial, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

My favorite vps provider

That is cheap and has great community support

Biling i would like to pay anualy not wvery month

Harshit
Harshit
Intern in Indien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Techie’s best choice

Kommentare: I am using digitalocean since 3 years I an extremely satisfied

The software comes with a free one year subscription if you have github pro which is insanely good and the power and speed the virtual machines have i think no other machines have in the world

The product is designed in such a way leaves no cons back

Systems Support Engineer - Managed Services in Sri Lanka
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Affordable Cloud computing environment

Kommentare: We have deployed grade auctioning platform on digital ocean. Application workload is too heavy on some days. But digitlocean still could manage the workload smoothly. We also deployed few smaller size applications and smaller TPS db instances on smallest droplets. So the can have cost benefit here. I can definitely recommend DigitalOcena to anyone.

+Affordable pricings. +Deployments are super fast and easy. +Support Microservices architecture +DNS management is very convenient. +Droplets backups can be configured for small amount.

+ I/O problems in smaller droplets. + Network security cannot be implemented to the deeper level. + Limitation on custom images (ex. Cannot have more than 100GB image, cannot assign floating IP)

Rodolfo
Consultant in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Easy to use

Kommentare: It has been amazing

It is really simple to spin up a server from scratch or to use something that is already on the marketplace, if you want to play around something is as simple of searching and then apply a custom image with the software preinstalled, or if you are an advance user and have your own docker images, you can orchestrate the kubernetes cluster without issues.

Distributed Private Networks could be improved, firewall rules are really good, missing some more advanced granularity for very specific needs