Über Bakpax

Cutting-edge AI that reads handwriting and grades assignments. It saves teachers time and gives them deeper insights into performance.

Erfahre mehr über Bakpax

Faculty
E-Learning, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.9.2020

"Great help for teachers"

Kommentare: It is an awesome experience. It lessens the teachers workload and preparation. I can focus more on providing feedback instead of manually checking.

Vorteile: The feature that I like the most in BakPax is that it allows flexibility in both teachers and students. Students can easily turn in answers by printing the worksheets and taking a photo of the worksheets or they can even answer online. Though BakPax uses artificial intelligence, teachers can still manually review their students’ answers to verify whether they need to correct incorrectly marked items. It is also fun that teachers have options on how they can create their worksheets.

Nachteile: BakPax only checks final answers, that means Math teachers still need to check graphs manually but it is not a big deal. I just hope that this feature will still be developed.

Diego N.
Educator
  • Bewertet am 1.9.2020

"Great new resource for online teaching and beyond"

Kommentare: Got an email for a trial, and I checked it out. Watched the videos and fell in love with the product. Very cool idea and makes it so much easier for formative assessments. Loved this and am recommending it to my school so others can use it.

Vorteile: I like the ease of use. With a simple drag and select tool to update the questions for a quiz. That's super cool. Cause with other sites, entering math equations can be hard to do. This takes that out and streamlines it for busy educators like me. Every minute saved is important and thankful they made it very easy.

Nachteile: I think that the interface is very basic. But that's not that big of a deal. To be honest, that is me LOOKING for cons. I dont have any, but if forced to think of one.. I think the design of the site could be spruced up. Not a big deal... I like basic design and things that are straight to the point.

Doug V.
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

"Pro's and Cons"

Kommentare: I would purchase this program as there are other options out there that are free but there is potential to make some adjustments and improvements to the software to make it more applicable to educational needs.

Vorteile: It was flexible and the ability to upload information from another document was helpful and saved time.
I did like being able to see answers for each questions and adding other acceptable answers to the key all at once.

Nachteile: Student names were in alphabetical order by first name instead of last name making it more difficult to input information. Information that was started on a quiz cannot be saved. I wanted to have the ability to show the worksheet just as is is if it were printed and allow them to move about on the form filling in the information instead of getting information and then clicking next to see the question. Seeing all of this at the same time would be helpful. I would like an option of seeing the % score or the total correct as a toggle between the two.

Gloria C.

"Be Specific"

Kommentare: Overall, Bakpax has worked for my class, my students get quick feedback from their scores. The scores have allowed me to modify my lessons to better suite my students. They also have a great support system in place should you run into any issues with the software.

Vorteile: It is easy to get students into the classroom that the teacher creates. Students have quick access to the assignments.

Nachteile: What I liked least was that I was not able to re-assign a worksheet to specific students. I had to create a copy and resend out to the whole class. When creating an assignment be mindful and write in each question specifically what you would like the student to do, because on the student side they are only paying attention to what is on their screen .

Allison B.
  • Bewertet am 1.9.2020

"Bakpax offers help for teachers to ease the transitions between in person and distance learning."

Kommentare: I am thankful that Bakpax helps streamline assignment management for teachers during this pandemic.

Vorteile: It is very easy to use and my 3rd graders to set up.

Nachteile: I wish they had more premade assignments.

Grace R.

"Bakpax Rocks!"

Kommentare: Overall, Bakpax is a very useful program. I am using it more this year because my workload is heavy and things are stressful. It cuts down on me having to grade everything and saves time in class. My students are iffy about it because it does make a little more work for them. Others love it because they get immediate feedback. It is sometimes time consuming to put the answers to a worksheet in, especially in Math, but it is worth it.

Vorteile: I love that I can send an assignment home with my students and they can check it on Bakpax before they come to school the next day. This allows them to correct any problems they got wrong and I give them half points back for doing corrections. I also love the % correct feature for each problem. This tells me very quickly which problems the students are having trouble with so that I can plan to go over those problems in class. I also love the "Ask your teacher for a regrade" feature.

Nachteile: It's not perfect and sometimes it reads the student's handwriting wrong. The student gets frustrated because he/she knows they got the problem right, but Bakpax counted it wrong. I tell them to trust that I will make it right when I regrade it. That is something that takes a little bit of time for them to get used to. The other thing I do not like about the software is that the grade book feature is lacking. When I have a lengthy worksheet, I have to scroll to the bottom to get the scroll bar that moves left and right. The student names do not move when I am scrolling, so I have to scroll back up to find the name I am looking for. Also, I would like to be able to see their grades displayed like a true gradebook with the student name and their grades out to the side for each assignment. When creating an assignment, I have to scroll back to the top after each question to find the "add a question" feature.

Carla C.
Math department chair
  • Bewertet am 1.9.2020

"Bakpax with IM curriculum"

Kommentare: The company is very new and they have been very willing to help. They were able to switch my student names so I could sort them by last name instead of first. They are also open to feedback and suggestions for product improvements, so hopefully some of the limitations will be fixed in the near future.

Vorteile: I like that the curriculum that we use is already built into the website. There is a feature to print and upload a photo of completed work to be auto graded for students without internet access. It is easy to adjust student scores after they have completed an assignment. If they entered an acceptable answer, not only can you adjust their score, but it will adjust the score of everyone that had that answer.

Nachteile: My students have liked the feel of bakpax, but when a picture is displayed online, they can't see it all and the question. They have to do a lot of scrolling up and down to see it all. There is no text wrap for longer answers, it just runs of the page, so they have to scroll sideways to read in all. I really wish the multiple choice or select all questions would just let the students click to select them, instead of typing in the letter choice. I feel like the grading would be simpler because you wouldn't have to account for all permutations in your answer list Having a gradebook view to see how a student is doing across multiple assignments would be a big help. Also, being able to assign to multiple classes all at once would be a time saver.

Jeanette M.
  • Bewertet am 8.10.2020

"Great resource with amazing customer service."

Vorteile: Bakpax is the most math-friendly resources I have seen and used for handwritten work. For high school math classes, typing work is impossible for everyone to do and it takes way too much time. Students being able to write out their work and submit handwritten answers is a blessing. Students showing work is crucial - it's not just about the answer. So being able to provide quick feedback to students is helpful. Also being able to see all of the students' work for the same question has made it helpful to keep track. Although it does not grade graphs, it will at least have all of them together and I can check everyone's graph. The customer service has been phenomenal! I have reached out via email and also the chat and have received immediate and thorough feedback in all situations. There was a situation in which the font did not allow for my text to fit on the page as it should have. A chat conversation with an employee lead to them completing the creation of my assessment for me within hours via their Magic option. I also reached out while it was being used for one of my classes with questions the students were asking and having issues. The issues were resolved immediately and the employee on the other end of the chat was extremely pleasant. Bakpax has a great platform for suggestions for further advances in the software that demonstrates their desire to increase the knowledge and resources they offer.

Nachteile: The software has a slight learning curve. The software is minimal and therefore easy to use. However, this software has lots of great potential for use in classrooms and virtual classrooms.

• Bewertet am 8.10.2020
Cheryl S.
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.10.2020

"Using Bakpax for Virtual and Hybrid Learning"

Kommentare: Overall, Bakpax has been extremely helpful in giving me supplemental materials for my classes that are relevant to my lessons, easy to use, and convenient for grading.

Vorteile: The variety of activities and worksheets available to use as well as the option for creating your own assessments is terrific. Also, the math editor is most helpful. It is very conducive to distance learning. The auto-grading is a big time-saver.

Nachteile: It is a bit difficult to navigate through the available activities as there is no "search" option to narrow down the options. It is also a little tough to first navigate how to create your own assignment. I still have not figured out how to upload an image.

Health Teacher
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.9.2020

"Grading time cut in half"

Kommentare: Newbie

Vorteile: Loved that it helps grade my students assignments!

Nachteile: Nothing directly to the software but just another platform to learn how to use

• Bewertet am 12.9.2020
Jessica G.
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.9.2020

"Every Math Teacher Needs This"

Kommentare: I am highly satisfied and could not imagine not using Bakpax in my classes.

Vorteile: There are two great aspects of Bakpax, the technology and the people. The website is so easy to use and navigate and the AI works so well. It has really been a life saver and significantly decreased the amount of time I spend grading. The customer support is phenomenal as well, every week I send them my assignments and they very quickly get them converted and uploaded for me. They Have responded to all of my suggestions and implemented them.

Nachteile: The website and AI is still growing and evolving. The AI sometimes doesn’t understand what is written and right now there is not an app which would be useful. Also, there is currently No organization of my assignments but they are working on this feature.

Yvette M.
teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

"Love the concept"

Kommentare: So far so good. Today is my second webinar but I've found Bakpax to be supportive to my needs so far.

Vorteile: I was searching for something that would make students writing in math easier to accomplish and at the same time save some time once I work with it. The FREE part is exceptionally enticing as I work at a small private school and funds are very limited. I like that I was able to do "magic", and I uploaded a set of assignments. I'm still waiting to see if they are in yet. Once I get the hang of it, I see no problem with doing the assignments by myself...I just liked the idea of "magic" and wanted to explore it. I think students will be able to handle this sort of assignment, although many must write with their fingers, which concerns me. It also is terrific that you have assignments already prepared so I can use them, or at least view how things might be done and use them as examples. Love that it works with Google Classroom and that things can be printed as well. I've spent and am still spending a lot of time investigating ways my students can show work for math online...this looks pretty good so far.

Nachteile: My school begins next week and I will be at your webinar later today (I attended one last week). I cannot comment yet on this.

Eva J.

"A dream come true"

Kommentare: Very easy to use. Great customer service!

Vorteile: I loved how easy it is to use. The amount of time it takes to grade papers is drastically reduced. This product is exactly what I was looking for. Grading papers took up a lot of time. Now I can grade an assignment in less than 5 minutes! An educator's dream come true!

Nachteile: I can't think of any cons for this software. It is exactly what I needed...

Nancy L.

"Reluctant Distance Teacher..."

Kommentare: Using this for my in-person learners (paper-pencil) and my distance learners (digital) has been a huge time saver!

Vorteile: First off, I like that Bakpax contacted me (as a public education teacher) about being able to use their product for free until the end of this year. That is pretty impressive and helpful when teachers are being forced to teach in-person learners and distance learners at the same time. Having worksheets that can be completed by hand for in-person learners, but hav the same worksheet available for digital learners is so time-saving and helpful. I am pretty tech-savvy but juggling all of the different programs out there can be daunting. Bakpax is straightforward and so far, most of my kids (some being raised by grandparents) have been able to use this program with minimal help. As an educator, I appreciate the ability to try something out for free before spending my own money on something. At this point (which I am very new to using Bakpax)...I love it!

Nachteile: I haven't even looked at the pricing yet, but I'm afraid I'm going to fall in love with it during the free period and then possibly not be able to afford it?

Jennifer T.
Secondary Faculty

"Excellent Resource"

Vorteile: I have used this application for Algebra homework. What a wonderful tool! I have loved the ease of creating documents, the analytics for each student, and the instant feedback my kids receive. The customer service is incredible!

Nachteile: There is some difficulty with the AI reading handwriting. The company has worked hard to improve the AI software. I am looking forward to how it is going to work for this school year! I think the options for student input and individual answers will be an improvement.

Pam C.
4th Grade ELA & SS Teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.10.2020

"I loved this program until ..."

Kommentare: I have appreciated the outstanding customer service and ease of use. I was disappointed two weeks ago when, without notice, spell check was added. As a Language Arts teacher, I would like to see my student's spelling errors and I used Bakpax for a proofreading test. As soon as the spell check was enabled, I was no longer testing spelling, but rather my student's ability to use spell check.

Vorteile: -ability to put in as many correct answer choices as possible (I usually have 8!)
- price - who can beat free?!
- no ads
- ease of modifying a student's grade
- outstanding customer service!
- I could see my student's answers and grades quickly
- secure platform

Nachteile: -Spell check that can not be turned off
-Inability to assign an assignment to individual students.
-inability to change the reporting from alphabetical by first name to alphabetical by last name

Heidi L.
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

"Teacher"

Kommentare: Overall I learning and like it a lot with Distant Learning!

Vorteile: Easy to use. Grades fast and gives you fast results.

Nachteile: I need answers to questions and it’s hard to find those out on the site.

Anderson D.
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.9.2020

"Bakpax Review"

Kommentare: It has been great and made my life more efficient!

Vorteile: I love the fact that I can easily make a worksheet and then grade it for me. I am able to assess students knowledge much more efficiently than without Bakpax.

Nachteile: Students get concerned when I have to grade some questions manually because it reflects that they didn't get the answer right. The program should have a little better warning screen to let students know this (because we know they don't read small print :-) ).

• Bewertet am 2.9.2020
Tracy C.
  • Bewertet am 1.9.2020

"Digital Worksheets Made Easy!"

Kommentare: This software makes a teachers life much easier, especially through all the remote learning that is forced upon us. I will use it even when we get the students back.

Vorteile: I like how there is a free version, so every teacher can use it. I like how you can put the question and the answer in. I like how easy it is for students to use.

Nachteile: I am a new user, so this may be due to not knowing the software well enough, but with worksheets that have the answers within the text of the question, it makes it difficult to add the question without the answer. But I am sure the "magic" option would solve it, even though I haven't used it yet.

Deann N.
  • Bewertet am 7.10.2020

"Great for Remote Learning"

Kommentare: Bakpax is a great program for teachers that are remote learning. It is the easiest platform to use that I have found that makes grading student work quick and easy.

Vorteile: This software makes it easy for students to submit their homework and easy for me to grade it. I really like to use it with students that are remote learning. It is easy for them to submit their work and I do not need to try and grade pictures of their assignments (which is an absolute nightmare) or wait until they can get the paper copy to me. With just a few clicks on the website and one or two pictures, students can quickly upload their work, confirm their answers, and immediately see which questions they missed. I really like that there is a place for students to request a review of their assignments as well.

Nachteile: I do wish that there was a way for the teacher to upload student work. If a student did not have access to the internet and hands in a hard copy of the assignment, I still have to grade it by hand. It can also be a little tedious to create the assignments and make sure the assignment sheets are printed for the students that are in person.

Kimberly C.
Math Teacher, Department Chair

"Outstanding Program!"

Kommentare: Using Bakpax has made the online portion of creating assignments, assigning the work and grading incredibly easier! I love it and plan to continue to use it as often as possible.

Vorteile: Bakpax is a wonderful program to use in creating online assignments for my classes! It is really easy to use, and any difficulty I had was easily assuaged by the fast, excellent customer support. I love the automatic grading as that can be a cumbersome task. Bakpax Magic is also a wonderful aspect of this software and I will use it again! The Magic team created my file in just a couple of days and it was perfect. I love it and my students love the product. My students love to use this program and love the instant feedback. Thank you so much for creating this program! I have shared this with my entire Math Department and everyone was thrilled and anxious to get started.

Nachteile: I had a little trouble importing pictures of shapes as the AI only reads words, so that would be an awesome addition to the program that would make it even better.

Cheryl E.
math teacher
  • Bewertet am 1.9.2020

"Backpax Review for Algebra"

Kommentare: This has been a good tool for grading purposes. I like the ability to create my own work.

Vorteile: I liked how easy it was to sign up. The students didn't have any trouble using the class code to sign up.

Nachteile: This is my first time to use this program. After students had submitted their work, I noticed some things I needed to edit in the answer key. It allowed me to edit them, but when other classes submitted their work after my editing, the editing did not appear for their grading.

John B.

"Mathematics teacher"

Kommentare: 7 out of 10

Vorteile: It allows teachers to access real time data for formative assessment on standards being taught in the classroom. If utilized properly teachers can see areas of weakness and strengths in their lessons. It allows for instant grading and feedback. The software allows teachers to easily create assignments and assessments. Bakpax gives the data that administrators are looking for, which then allows for quality PLC conversations.

Nachteile: Students inability to redo or retake assignments.
The ability to individually assign work to a student in a specific class.
The inability for students to check their answers before submission.

Julie S.

"Fantastic"

Kommentare: It's a fantastic product. Thank you for the free trial.

Vorteile: I love that it's easy to convert a .pdf into an online resource that I can use with my online students. The fact that it grades the assignments is just so amazing and helpful.

Nachteile: I can't think of any downsides to the software. I do not know the cost, but I hope to be able to afford it after my free trial expires.

Jonathan G.
Teacher/Coach
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"Amazing application"

Kommentare: This application is amazing at helping me stay on track and up to date with my classrooms both in person and online. Being a coach for football in west Texas takes a lot of time away that I would use to prep worksheets and copies and organize everything. Using bakpax helps to get rid of a lot of that stress. The auto grade feature is awesome! I just absolutely love this application!

Vorteile: Auto grade feature, organization by classes, bakpax magic, and the build your own assignment tool is easy to use.

Nachteile: Can be a little confusing to learn with not any in depth tutorials, bakpax magic is inconsistent on return times, not super friendly with graphing anything as the drawing tool is super sloppy.