Über Seesaw

Lösung für virtuellen Unterricht, die Lehrkräften Einblicke in den Fortschritt der Lernenden bietet.

Erfahre mehr über Seesaw

Seesaw can be used with very young children. We have Kindergarteners through adolescents who can use it quite easily and create amazing presentations.

There’s no search option either. The only option is to scroll and look for the tasks and rely on memory on what the teacher uploaded.

Bewertungen zu Seesaw

Seesaw hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 85 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Seesaw bereits verwendet?

Christine
Christine
Instructional Technologist in USA

Great Elementary Learning Platform

Kommentare: We have found Seesaw to be a comprehensive Learning Hub.

We use Seesaw in elementary (K-4) as our main learning platform. We started using it during the pandemic for remote learning, but we continue to use it now that students are back on site because it provides easy communication with students and families, create assignments, and curate student work. It is easy to use and the company offers great training, resources and support. They are also very responsive to user suggestions and requests.

There is no file structure for shared lessons in the shared libraries. It is strictly a subject and/or grade level search. The frequent negative feedback I get from teachers is that they wish they could see folders by subject and grade level. Also, the drawing and other creation tools are very basic and could use some updating.

Fiona
coordinator of Innovation in Kanada
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for parents and students

Kommentare: Great tool for both teachers and families

Seesaw is a great learning tool. Students have a portfolio that they continue to create over they elementary years. It is easy for students to access and share their work. It is a safe way to share information with parents. and keep a digital copy of students learning growth over the years. It is helpful that parents only get to see their child's work to protect the privacy of the rest of the classroom.

The stream is challenging to navigate it would be better if there could be tabs of folders to keep things organized. It is babyish for older students. although advertised, it is not really usable with middle and high school students.

Melody
Parent in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

It gets the job done, but is not very user friendly...

Kommentare: This program is great in that I can be informed of what's going on with my child's preschool, and I love that! I do wish there was a way to keep me connected to my child's schooling but be a little more user friendly though! It gets the job done but gets a little annoying along the way.

My child's preschool uses this program to communicate to parents both as a class setting and also individual communications between myself and the teachers. I appreciate that I can directly communicate to my child's teachers. The teachers also post pictures and things that they are doing in class - some posts just for me for privacy and others that are for the class! I love that I can "be a part of the classroom" so to say :)

The app itself is somewhat "clunky." The organization of the program is poor and you can see that you have notifications, but you have to click around to find out where the new items are. At times, I cannot get the push notifications to clear from my phone and most recently, I stopped getting any notifications at all even though my settings are set to allow them!

Neal
Production Lead in USA
Druck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Snapshot of your childs day

Kommentare: Seesaw overall is a great communication app and has some better features than other apps like Class Dojo or Remind. I think for more advanced students it might have more functionality. It shares actual assignments from your student and you can get great communications from the teacher, provided that the teacher participates actively.

I like that I can see specific lessons that my son has worked on, there are student journals and daily check-ins that give you a snapshot of what he was working on that day. If he has multiple classes he has a journal for each class.

I didn't like that you're at the mercy of the teacher, digital classes aren't uploaded unless the teacher uploads them and sends them out. As a result, I only received a few lessons and didn't really get as much interaction as I had hoped for at the beginning of the school year.

Kristen

Great for elementary

Kommentare: Seesaw is a fantastic way to keep students and parents engaged.

I loved how easy it was for students to access Seesaw on their own, especially during remote learning. It’s also a great way to keep families in the loop because of the messaging system. Having the activity library is another great feature. We could easily find activities to use as is or change to fit our needs. Being able to save them and organize them within our personal library is very helpful too.

It’s clunky to add links and pictures/video lessons within a lesson/activity, but once you get the hang of it, it is definitely worth it.

Justine
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Seesaw into Innovation!

Kommentare: Seesaw will tie together any educational needs. Do not think twice about giving them a try!

Seesaw is an educational software that rockets student learning to the highest level. As a teacher, the platform offers streamlined instruction, progress, and endless collaboration opportunities!

I don’t like that the messaging between students and parents isn’t there.

Ben
Manager in UK
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent for parental engagement

Kommentare: It's excellent, and has allowed us to bring parents into the classroom experience. It has also helped massively with remote learning. Products like Teams are too advanced for out primary aged children. Seesaw has the perfect level of communication and interaction, along with the ability to create, submit and feedback on pupil work.

Schools are a black box for most parents. Seesaw allows them to see what's happening in class, almost as it happens, and give praise and feedback now hat they see (if we allow). Evidencing all those little things that otherwise aren't written down is easy.

The video uploading can be flakey, especially from iPad.

E-Learning, Selbstständig

Mom and Teacher

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Communication with teachers directly. Usually quickly respond

Not enough information about the calendar of the events for their studies

Jeff
Instructional Technology Coach in USA
E-Learning, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Reflecting in Education

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It has been wonderful as a teacher and as a parent to be able to have seesaw.

Seesaw gives the students a platform to reflect on their learning. This is an often overlooked aspect of education. It also keeps parents connected to whats going on in their students classroom.

Sometimes, if the students are not trained well, it becomes just a fun place to mess around.

Jaspreet

Seesaw for classroom

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I like that you can upload students work or picture of them working on a project so parents stay informed about the learning in class

I like it very much , as a teacher you need to encourage parents to use it too

Melissa
E-Learning, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Seesaw heehaw!

This product was a lifesaver Especially during the beginnings of the pandemic when we were all scrambling to get information to the kids and collecting it without seeing them in person staying apart. It was a lifesaver. Whatever the price it was it was worth it.

Especially during the beginnings of the pandemic when we were all scrambling to get information to the kids and collecting it without seeing them in person staying apart. It was a lifesaver. Whatever the price it was it was worth it. However, scheduling for it to appear on the lesson plans at all it’s a good feature but I did not know how to do it by myself so I did it wrong many times in the beginning and we set a lot of time it would be nice to have a feature video that would demonstrate how to do certain functions because I didn’t wanna waste anyone’s time to show me so I have to play around with it by myself.

Jordan

Basic, but user-friendly

I teach 4th grade. We started using Seesaw last year when we went into distance learning. It is great for: 1. quick videos or quick assignments 2. It is really user-friendly. Kids can navigate Seesaw much easier than any of our other platforms.

I was largely disappointed we chose to use Seesaw as I think it is pretty limited in what kids can do on it. Meaning: 1. Although it is great for younger learners (k-2), there is not really anything that we do on Seesaw that we couldn't do somewhere else. 2. Any sort of extended writing is not really great on Seesaw.

Allison
Instructional Technology Coach in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We LOVE Seesaw

Seesaw is an amazing product that our students and teachers love using. It is extremely easy for our students to use and gain confidence quickly. It continues to improve every year. Seesaw does a great of listening to its teachers when they make improvements.

I wish there was a way to be able to schedule schoolwide/class announcements.

Patty
Director of Teaching and Learning in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Students find it easy!

Kommentare: The company provides lots of training materials to use so that folks aren’t able to get up to speed on using it. This makes it simple to onboard new staff, and to find answers you need quickly.

Seesaw is very intuitive and easy to use for teachers as well as students. Our students use it weekly, and have become experts on this, showing the adults how to use it. In a year like we just had, transitioning from remote to hybrid and back to in person multiple times, Seesaw was a constant and became an anchor for our district.

Nothing here to complain about! Seesaw works as it’s intended to work. We have not had any failures with the product in the three years we have used it.

Paula
Curriculum Integration Specialist in USA

Seesaw

Kommentare: Overall Seesaw has been fantastic for our primary grade students!

The addition of Seesaw to our learning environment has added a tremendous learning experience for our k through grade 2 students.

At first, it takes time to get familiar with the features and shortcuts when creating assignments for student work.

Liz
Instructional Technology Integration Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

SeeSaw is Great for Students!

I love the ability for students to add photos, videos, drawings, and audio to show off their knowledge. It's also great for me to add audio.

I wish there was a way to save just one page of student work and not the whole zip file.

Alice
Hair stylist in USA
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Wonderful app for parent / teacher

Kommentare: No problems here.

This app is great for parent teacher communication. The settings allow you to control how many notifications you get.

I wish the Home Screen had tabs to click on

Brianna
E-Learning, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Better then Google classroom!

We use this for virtual learning resource! It is really user friendly for both the teacher and student. Parents can also figure it out well. It is good for young students to access materials and is very organized without clutter materials.

Nothing, I think the software is great!

Angel
Unemployed in USA
Essen & Trinken, Selbstständig

Tracked my childs progress at school, free!

Kommentare: Overall Seesaw is a must have to veiw pictures and progress of your child at school and other agencies.

This product is easy to use, free and helps me keep track of my childs progress at school.

I have had seesaw over five years a d so far I haven't found any cons to Seesaw!

Kimberly
teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

1st Grade Use

easily shares student work with families and I can see if parents have viewed messages

sometimes it is hard to find certain settings and I want to be able to send an announcement to specific parents but not necessarily every parent

Cara
USE in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for updates teachers and parents

Easy to set up and use, very secure, amazing to get reminders and pictures of kids

Wish the direct messages system was better

George
Manager in USA
Biotechnologie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool

We can view pictures of our kids and communicate daily with the teacher.

Some links sometimes seem to not work properly through seesaw. Not sure if that is the fault of the app

Brian
Brian
Architect in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic way for teachers and parents to communicate and share

Kommentare: Great option for parent teacher communication.

This app allows teachers to directly message parents and send information needed for their children. When a parent needs to have a child ready early (for an appointment), parents can message the teacher directly too.

Some notifications will alert on the phone and by email if you do not set it up differently

Trejuanna
Trejuanna
Lead Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Great Software For Students

Seesaw is a great software for the classroom. It can be used in many different ways such as activities, videos, and parent communication.

Seesaw could add different features to their activity page. As a teacher it would be easier to ebbed videos in the page for student to watch without leaving and coming back.

Ronald
Technology STEAM teacher in USA
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Cumbersome

Kommentare: I did not enjoy using this program and then to think of paying for features I just wouldn't be able to do it. I know many like it and swear by it, so as I always say, "That's why they make vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry." It just wasn't for me.

I liked the number of different features all under one roof of a platform and the ability to communicate with students.

I found the UX not very friendly and I am a technology person but still found myself getting frustrated with the usability. I know there are many who like it, but I just found it cumbersome, not user friendly, and I thought there were products all be them separate that allowed for the same basic things in a more friendly design.