Über TestGorilla

Screening-Tests, die entwickelt wurden, um schwierige Einstellungsentscheidungen schneller, einfacher und vorurteilsfrei zu fällen.

Erfahre mehr über TestGorilla

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie TestGorilla bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Serena G.
Serena G.
Executive Assistant in Spanien

TestGorilla boost the recruitment process

Kommentare: TestGorilla makes an important impact on boosting the recruitment process, avoiding time wasting tasks.

It is a very intuitive tool Internal communication and coordination among the people involved is improved It gives a more realistic idea of candidates skills in a professional way

Built-in Integrations with HR programs like Homerun

vor 11 Monaten

Thanks for the review, Serena! We're always adding new integrations (integrations for JazzHR, Personio, and Recruitee are coming out next month), I'll pass your feedback on to the team.

Adrian P.
CEO in Japan
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic affordable tool for small business' with limited HR

Kommentare: Love it. This is my first time to take the time and leave a review like this. I use a lot of different softwares but this one really impressed me. They took the time to develop their user flow to a high standard.

It gave me the confidence to hire. Before I have set up my own tests successfully in Google form but it required a large time investment on my side. Testgorilla was setup in minutes and it is far more professional than my approach at a reasonable price.

Not much to complain about. I would like to have the option in settings to change the email templates but other than that, all good.

vor 6 Monaten

Thanks, Adrian! Glad we've given you the confidence to hire. You can make some adjustments to the email templates. What exactly are you looking to change?

Pranjal pratim B.
Director Engineering in Indien

TestGorilla helps online recruiting

5 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: It helped us a lot in the pre-employment coding assessment. It helped in sort listing the candidate based on the score is evaluated. Saves your time and money.

We were looking for some online coding platform with proctoring, then we found test gorilla. Compared to other platforms, it does a good value for money. You can set up online assessments in minutes without much hassle.

If more candidates are appearing on the test simultaneously, it is a little buggy. Customer support needs to be proactive.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: HackerEarth Assessments

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TestGorilla: Better value for money. Easy customization and setup.

vor 9 Stunden

Hi Pranjal! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Nice to hear that you found us to be good value for money, with easy set up and good user experience :) Saving you time and money is the desired outcome, of course. Welcome to the TG community.

Daniel D.
Daniel D.
HR Consultant in Kanada
Personalwesen, Selbstständig

Great concept, slick, easy to use, but has bugs, too few assessments

Kommentare: -My account manager reached out to me only for the purpose to ask for a review without dealing with or expediting my technical issues.
-I was able to get up and running in a short time, but then I lost time as I had to deal with several bugs (tests nullified, waiting for tech support, having to 'ask' for credits, having to mark my own custom questions that had specific answers pre-selected)

-The system was easy and fast to implement. -I was very impressed with its ability to accurately assess my MBTI type with few questions. (I'm certified in MBTI) -The price was easy to accept as a small business. -The assessments were difficult to allow for differentiation between candidates.

-I added some custom questions that were not HTML friendly and this nullified the whole assessment including non-related ones, that a candidate took and I had to approach the candidate to take the assessment again which didn't show well on me. Tech support had to fix my specific test, but I wonder if they will re-code the platform to accept multiple 'spaces' in a question. I think the platform is too new to be reliable. -The tech support did not provide me with another credit after having an assessment was nullified. -The tests were too difficult for more junior positions. -There were few options to customize the delivery of the assessment. (e.g, add more custom questions than 10, have the platform notify the administrator that an assessment was complete) -With custom questions, even though you select the correct answer, the system did not 'mark' or give me a percentage correct. -The platform doesn't inform you when an assessment is complete (at the time of writing this review, I don't know if they would correct it after this review.) -Only a few dozen tests are available and the majority are for coding and hi-tech.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: eSkill

Warum TestGorilla gewählt wurde: The branch of the testing that I used before was sunset/disbanded by IBM. (Prove It! Staff Testing by IBM)

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TestGorilla: Price Ease of use

vor 10 Monaten

Glad to hear TestGorilla is easy to use! We're always adding testswe're currently at over 115 as of 2/3/21and it's good to hear they helped with candidate selection. It sounds like your issue was resolved, but let me know if you need more help!

Janelle W.
Director of Recruiting in USA

Test Gorilla is exactly what we needed

Kommentare: It's the perfect fix to our recruiting needs

I love that it's online, easy to use, there are so many options to customize an assessment, and It's accurate. The cost was great too.

I wish it integrated with Breezy.hr since this is what we use to filter through resumes

letzten Monat

Hi Janelle! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, its great to hear that you're happy with TestGorilla so far. On our road map for the medium term is integration with other ATS systems, so keep an eye on our website for updates!

Director of Finance/Controller in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Simple, Intuitive Platform for All Pre-Employment Evaluation Needs

Kommentare: Hiring accounting staff requires both technical skills that can be difficult to test for (e.g. MS Excel skills, US GAAP, basic journal entries, etc.) in a standard interview format. TestGorilla has helped with providing an objective measurement on these skills to ensure we are getting a candidate who can do what their resume claims they can do without having to have a subjective q&a during the verbal interview.

The ability to create a modularized exam to cover different technical and behavioral qualifications through pre-built quizzes. This allows for a better objective review of potential candidates we are considering hiring. I also like the scoring benchmarks for comparing potential candidates.

There are a few technical glitches it seems still in the software with logging into the system, getting passwords reset, etc.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: eSkill

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TestGorilla: I really liked the ease of use for both us setting up the system, as well as the end-user experience for potential candidates. We also like the modular exam build to customize the experience for both technical testing, as well as behavioral/organizational fit.

Carla H.
People and Culture in Schweden

Great platform for scale ups

It's easy to use, and I like the variety of test that offer. As well is pretty easy to send out the information.

I will work more in the way that the information is structured once you have results from the candidates. Like for example, when I use it for launching the DISC test, i would have preferred to filter and sort teh candidates per similar results. Would it be fantastic to have integrations with teamtailor.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp, Codility und Typeform

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TestGorilla: Cheap, easy to use, and had the type of test I wanted. And actually I discovered more applications once I started to use the product,

Ricardo D.
IT Consultant in Portugal
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Candidate evaluation platform

Library with predefined questions. Create custom questions such as: Coding, Multiple Choice, Free-text, Video and File Upload. Allows candidates webcam snapshots. Candidates evaluation dashboard which also includes our own evaluation and comments.

Coding Limited to Supported Languages. Lacks sentence completion and Diagrams questions.

letzten Monat

Hi Ricardo, thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear that you are happy with our Custom Questions feature. And regarding Coding tests, we are continuously updating our Test Library, and recently released a number of new coding tests, and there are also a number of coding tests in development, to be released in the coming months. You can see the latest releases in our monthly newsletter!

Melih M.
Lead Software Engineer in Türkei

Affordable and fair product

4 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Successfully targets different kinds of developer positions.

-Pay as you go option -Not expensive -Huge amount of exam types

-Can't pick questions from the question pool

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: HackerRank

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TestGorilla: Cheaper

letzten Monat

Hi Melih! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback. We're happy to hear you have had a positive experience with our product so far, and you appreciate the number and variety of tests in our library - over 150 and counting!

Andrea O.
Assistant HOS in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Helpful Product!

Kommentare: Very positive! Will being use this for hiring of all candidates.

Easy to set-up and use; non-biased screening of candidates.

Only negative was one of the tests - the Enneagram - the test results were not what we expected. Our organization follows the Enneagram and we do a lot of professional development around it. The results delivered did not match any of he styles we are familiar with.

letzten Monat

Hi Andrea! Great to hear you have had a positive experience with TestGorilla so far! Regarding the Enneagram results, we have a blog post dedicated to how to interpret the results - https://www.testgorilla.com/blog/enneagram-types/#type-1-the-perfectionist This might help you in the future!! And if you need any more clarification, you can reach us at help@testgorilla.com :)

Daniel O.
CTO in Niederlande

Easy to configure, but quality of the coding tests is not great

Kommentare: We use TG to assess developers after we've had a first interview with them.

It's easy to create your own test suite, and selecting predefined tests helps with getting started quickly. I also like the as-they-type code view - it helps to get an idea of how the developer constructs a solution - and I appreciate the automated screenshots (to my surprise all the candidates accepted video captures). I also like the logical thinking tests, although there's not really a way to see the users responses (this goes for all the questions).

I found some of the tests to be lacking in quality, sometimes resulting in frustration from the developer, or unhelpful results. For example: * the advanced SQL test is not a realistic scenario, and only has 2 outcomes: success or failure. It makes it hard to get an idea of the developers grasp of the subject, because it's just 1 giant assignment. If you get 90% right, you score 0 points. * the Laravel test does not really test the developers ability to use the framework in real life situations, but rather tests for static knowledge. * I found the PHP tests to be too simple and sometimes just poorly constructed (for example the prefilled function and parameter names are not great) I also created a custom PHP test, but the outcome verification has a bug, which will sometimes accept wrong answers (error status === true). I would have liked to see the users responses to multiple choice questions. Because of the randomness in the questionnaires, you don't know which questions they got. It would be helpful to see if maybe a user got dealt a couple of poor questions (and there are a few). It's a shame that (as a paying customer) this information is not revealed.

Lennart H.
CEO in Niederlande

Hire with confidence

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Taking job interviews while having the confidence of the candidates skillset

Instead of digging through 50+ resumes, you sort on candidates' test scores. Using testgorilla's assesment as an entry point for your selection procedure gives an amazing filter to only let smart, capable, candidates into your further procedure. I've both selected and not selected candidates that we otherwise would have missed, or would have been an unproductive use of our and their time. In the interviews we had with the top 5 test-takers we could focus solely on personality and culture fit, having the confidence already that a candidate can perform on a certain level. Moving forward, we will never post a job offer again without using a pre-selection assessment to filter candicates.

When used in comination with a job board, we've found candidates that did the test but did not apply, did apply but forgot the test, or did both as meant to happen. This lead to checking and comparing of both lists of people. This can be prevented by using Testgorilla as the main recruitment tool

letztes Jahr

Thanks for the review, Lennart! We love to hear stories about how our customers are using TestGorilla to avoid mishires and find the perfect fits for their roles. We're especially happy to hear that you've had so much success using assessments at the top of the hiring funnel!

Tisha W.
HR Specialist in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

New User

Kommentare: Always some room for improvement for every software, however I tested multiple competitors and found TestGorilla to provide the best experience for the assessment taker which was our highest priority.

We choose TestGorilla for it's expansive test library and user experience.

It's fairly new so still developing, looking forward to feature updates in the future.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: eSkill, Criteria, WonScore und HR Avatar

Zuvor genutzte Software: Prevue Assessments

Milla P.
Operations Manager in Finnland
Konsumgüter, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Recruiting process made easy

Kommentare: Our company saved a good amount of time and money when we externalized the recruiting to TestGorilla. We were positively surprised by the popularity of our job opening, and it would have been impossible to go through the applications manually as we are a small team. Now all the applicants received a fair chance and we've got an awesome new team member.

I appreciate the fact that we were able to modify the Test Gorilla to suit the needs of our company – personalized package that fit with our niche. With over 1,000 candidates it saved me hours and hours of individually going through and evaluating each applicant, and when our process was based on the test results, it really made the process bias-free.

I have requested for the option to communicate to the applicants via system; to send a group mail for people who were not chosen to continue. I'm sure my feedback has been heard and I will see this feature in the future.

vor 10 Monaten

Thanks, Milla! Glad to hear that TestGorilla's flexibility has helped you save so much time! We currently have a feature to send rejection emails to candidates. (Here's the associated help article: https://help.testgorilla.com/how-do-i-reject-candidates-through-testgorilla). You can also send the assessment results to candidates through the platform. You can do that with the press of a button and decide to which candidates they want to send it. (You can customize the email too.) We also have a feature to select candidates and perform bulk actions like that on our roadmap. Thanks again for the kind words!

David C.
VP of Engineering in USA

Easy way to assess the skills of applicants

Kommentare: Have helped to improve my recruiting process

It's very easy to use and it's not as troublesome and expensive as other alternatives. You can create an assessment for a role in less than 5 minutes. The scoring is very pertinent and it shows you how a candidate performs over different topics of a same area.

The ability to customize pre-made quizzes, for example in my case most of my applicants are not native English speakers and they take a little bit more time to understand the questions and scenarios, and really strong candidates tend to score very low at the end of the test because the time wasn't enough. I would like to customize the times per area of expertise or even each question, also I'd like to create custom-made tests using certain questions from the pre-made tests.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: HackerRank und Toggl Track

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TestGorilla: Ease of use, test library and price

Jasper C.
Founder in Niederlande
Kino & Film, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I wish we had known about this sooner!

Kommentare: Awesome!

After running my own company for twelve i know how much my success hinges on hiring the right people, but also... how costly (to the point of destructive) it can be to hire the right people. We relied a lot on CVs, referrals and ‘gut feeling’ in picking someone. But this software really made us see the power of test results to help preselecting which candidates to interview. Excellent! We’ve hired a couple of great people since we started using TG, one of whom i would have probably never even invited in the first place, but we spotted her thanks to her great test results! Really gave an extra layer of professionalism and smartness to our whole hiring proces. So far we used a couple of available tests which were very useful, but right now were considering also creating our own specific test questions to upload to TG

Its a community platform on which members can also upload their own tests, but since it hasnt been around that long, i’m looking forward to seeing more test options come available. Still you’ll find more tests on there right now than you could probably take. We’ve found relevant ones (leadership, intelligence, creativity, sales, seo, social media etc) and we’re in a niche sector (advertising and film making)

letztes Jahr

Love to hear that you've made some great hires with TestGorilla! We use it internally and have noticed the same things you mentioned. We've been able to identify great candidates who we might otherwise have missed. And our Test Library is always growing, so keep an eye out for new tests. We're at over 100 tests now and growing fast!

Michael W.
Co Founder in Deutschland
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great help for startups

Kommentare: Overall it helped us to professionalize our recruitment process. Also it provided good candidate experience and demonstrated that we are serious about hiring top quality candidates. It has been quite easy to setup and has become an integral part of our recruiting

We appreciated how easy you get define test batteries and how many modules are already available for different roles. Therefore we employed testgorilla to select pre-filter candidates as diverse as marketing, software engineering and product management.

I would love to see more in depth analysis on candidates individual results and what that means for the interview process. Some of the analysis seems quite generic.

vor 10 Monaten

Thanks, Michael! Glad to know TestGorilla has helped you pre-filter candidates. We're working on making our candidate analysis more robust. Would you mind talking a bit more about your experience? My email is roy@testgorilla.com if you're open to it.

CTO in Ägypten
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

My experience of testgorilla

The user experience is very handy and looks clean

There’s no feature to add due date for exam

vor 11 Monaten

Happy to hear TestGorilla is working well for you! You can't add a due date right now, but you can archive the test when you don't want people to be able to take it anymore (but you'll still be able to see everyone's scores and information). Hope that helps!

Ashlee R.
Office Manager in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Useful but needs improvement

The ability to customize tests with self selection from the array provided helps the test be more specific to what we need verification of before hiring for a high demand position.

The test options are plentiful but some are confusing, the inability to do more than see 2-3 questions preview makes it hard to know if the test truly matches what you need without taking the test yourself (which should be Free to allow admin to do so and verify the test matches company needs). The timed feature on self made test questions should be more flexible, 2 minutes is unfortunately not enough time for longer test questions with lots of detailed options for slow readers. The inability to change a test after its been sent to an applicant means multiple versions of the same test for the same position now exist and theres no way to "label" it to know which version has which testers, forcing me to open each option and look through the test names to find who im looking for. More tests that are less corporate office and a few more options that match small business needs (such as time management questions which fit more corp settings than small 3 man office).

Maria guadalupe M.
Professor in Mexiko
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Recommendations

Kommentare: Great tool

To track candidates responses in different formats, to evaluate candidates with diverse tools

I would like to have the option of video or audio transcription, to access the content of the candidates answers that were in video or audio, in written format

Eveline O.
Recruiting lead in Niederlande
Unternehmensberatung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bain & Co Amsterdam

User friendly, no/limited prep required for candidates (length of assessment given it's short), gives clarity on cheating, easy to navigate, ability to score/ rank candidates on multiple dimensions, flexibility to add/ take-out assessment elements

No option to provide candidates with preparation to practice

Graham B.
Human Resources Manager in Kanada
Personalwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use applicant testing platform

Kommentare: Using test Gorilla has cut down on a lot of the administrative burden of assessing candidates. It's great for high volume hiring queues and receiving prompt, consistent feedback on test scores. A few of our candidates have experienced issues with completing tests (e.g., unclear instructions, aggressive time constraints), but overall the applicant experience (and my experience as administrator) have been positive.

I like that the platform is straightforward and easy to use. There aren't a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles to get in the way. Setting up assessments and inviting applicants is very quick and easy. The layout makes it easy to compare candidates about each other.

I don't like that you aren't able to view the tests without assigning them to yourself and manually taking them. This makes scoring somewhat opaque, and it is hard to judge if the tests are 100% aligned to the knowledge/skills you are looking to test for. I understand the rationale behind locking down the tests, but I feel that the rewards of showing employers the tests they are assigning would outweigh the risks.

Tjaša K.
COO in Slowenien

Great price performance, wide test selection

I really like how customizable it is and the selection of tests it offers. The offering for these types of services for smaller companies, which can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on recruitment is rather limited. TestGorilla gives you the option to objectively compare candidates with one another against criteria that matters most to you.

There were some bugs at some point (months ago), but they responded immediately, corrected the issue, and notified and apologized to the candidates. They also gave back the credits for the analyses in question.

vor 10 Monaten

Thanks for the great review! We love to hear that you're getting value out of our growing Test Library. Also happy that support was able to help you with your issue.

Nasia B.
Founder Sukhi in Spanien
Kunst & Handwerk, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A real timesafer!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I am very happy with this invention and will definitely keep on using it!

I love this tool! We used it to find a Customer service agent for our company Sukhi: we had over 1200 applications! Can you imagine how much work it would have been if we had to go through their CVs and emails one-by-one? The average test score is my favorite tool: a great way to distinguish between the candidates. Plus the option to ask the candidates to add a video: it gives a very good first impression combined with their test results.

The software is very clear and logical, no negative feedback.

letztes Jahr

1200 applications?! We're so glad you didn't have to pore over them one by one :)

Head of Support in Israel
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good if you can use it right

Kommentare: It's good enough if you want to upgrade from shared docs.

The fact that it is easy to share between colleagues, downloadable, time-limited

Not all questions work for the respective topics. Oftentimes the question can not really assess the candidate