Über TestGorilla

TestGorilla funktioniert. Lebensläufe nicht. Screening-Tests, die entwickelt wurden, um schwierige Einstellungsentscheidungen schneller, einfacher und vorurteilsfrei zu fällen.

Erfahre mehr über TestGorilla

I like the variety of tests that we have used to hire software developers and data scientists. The platform is easy to use and easily connects to other software (e.g. Zapier) that we are using.

Bewertungen zu TestGorilla

3,9
4,0
3,9

TestGorilla hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 238 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du TestGorilla bereits verwendet?

Janelle
Director of Recruiting
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Test Gorilla is exactly what we needed

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Andrey
Andrey
Strategy Analyst in Ukraine
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

best skills based testing platform

Kommentare: Development of outsourcing team. Preparations for launch of SaaS product company.

TestGorilla has a vide variety of tests and based on scientifical approach combined with strong practical expertise of TG team. TG reduces your time for screening and preliminary interviewing of employees. Once the test passed you can go to screening of portfolio [technical staff] or references list [management] not using time for more interviews of more you actually need to judge the choice to hire.

Some tests, especially for soft skills have a lot of questions - it splits focus and some can be not clear answered. Technical - needed Prospective June level for rising stars to be choosen cause some programming level tests are hard to pass, it makes reliability but does not help to employer to save costs. There is lack of integration with platforms for remote hire of contractors: UpWork, Glassdoor, Toptal. I wish TestGorilla will cooperate with large institution it make it more popular.

letztes Jahr

Hi Andrey! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience with our team and with the variety of tests in our library. We are constantly striving for improvement and excellence, and we will happily take your feedback onboard for that. Welcome to the TG community!

elyssa
Product Manager in USA
Internet, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple, Useful Software For Candidate Testing

Its extremely easy to create your own assessments. Good if you have timed questions you need to ask at the beginning of a candidate review before meeting with them note: we did not leverage their pre-made assessments as we were not sold on the questions

Wish there were notifications for when users complete the assessments. It would be nice if integrations didn't 12x the price....

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Elyssa, thanks for taking the time to leave us a detailed review - it's always helpful to hear what our customers think of our platform. Glad to hear that you found the interface easy to use, and just to let you know - email notifications will be rolled out before the end of this month. We have a really useful section in our help centre where you can see what is being rolled out - https://help.testgorilla.com/tests-in-development Welcome to the TestGorilla community!

Amanda
People Operations Coordinator in Kanada

Horrible customer service.

Kommentare: For a few days we were unable to access any of our test results; apparently there were software problems. TestGorilla did not send an email to their customers to inform them of such a huge issue that for us majorly affected our recruitment efforts and in return provided an unpleasant experience to our candidates. We only found out about the software issues they were dealing with weeks later when their customer service finally decided to respond back to us. I reached out to their customer service three times, on their website it says, "We'll reply via email within one business day.", it took weeks to hear back. We could have looked past a few of the concerns we had with the software, but we can't work with a company who has such poor customer service response times, it is unacceptable to take weeks to get back to a customer, especially when this is affecting their business.

The ease and interface of the software.

Aside from the horrible customer service we received, there were random times we were unable to access the test results. A few times I went to check our results and the screen was completely blank and showing we had no candidates that were tested when the day before was visible. You also cannot see the questions that are asked or the responses; therefore, you don't exactly know what the gaps are for your candidates. If we decide to hire them, it would be nice to see how we can better support them in their professional development and know which training to provide to ensure they are successful. I understand their reasoning behind it, and I should have dived in deeper to the demos, if I had looked into the software further, we never would have moved forward with them.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Amanda, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, even though you feel that TestGorilla is not right for your company. It is true that we experienced an issue with bugs back in February which had a knock-on effect on our CS response times. This is not the service that we aim to provide for our customers, and we take full responsibility for that. Our entire team worked hard to ensure the issue was solved, and we have also expanded our capacity in CS since this time, to mitigate against delayed response times. Please know that you are welcome to get in touch at any stage to discuss your plan with our Customer Success team, and we would be happy to hear from you. Wishing you all the best with your hiring process!

James
Software Development Manager in Kanada
Medienproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Essential for remote teams

Kommentare: We felt TestGorilla helped eliminate candidates we didn't need to persuade and helped identify the right candidates with the help of video responses. We were hoping for more non-cognitive skills assessments -- there were a few test suites that helped a bit, but we found that custom questions helped accomplish our goals better.

I loved that I could add cognitive and non-cognitive testing, and receive a summary of the test results rather than individual question results. This helps eliminate interviewer bias greatly.

I did not like the inability to modify my testing suite after the first interviewer. While I can see how this is interpreted as a feature, I would appreciate the ability to correct mistakes made in the original job posting or test suite composition.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi James, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your detailed review. glad to hear that you are having a positive experience so far with the platform, and are successfully minimizing bias in your screening process. Research has found that multi-measure tests, such as our assessments, are the best predictor of job success, so being able to combine cognitive ability and other non-cognitive tests should help you find the best candidates! Welcome to the TG community :)

Lawrence
Field Manager in Kenia
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A bit pricey, but worth the cost

Kommentare: Overall, the TestGorilla platform has the largest library of assessments I have seen. However, the free tier is pretty basic and probably not fit for many users with varying demands. The priced tiers are quite pricey to be honest, and most starting businesses would not be able to afford them.

I liked that we could customize the tests, and create individualized invites or a general link for each assessment. The tests seemed well-calibrated to the specific skillsets we were testing for, and we had the ability to select which assessments to use.

However, the free tier is quite limiting. You only have access to 10 assessments, which is not really much if you need to test for more than a few skillsets. On the free tier, you're also not able to download the results for offsite use. We had to depend on the candidates sending us the PDF of their results.

letztes Jahr

Hi Lawrence, many thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We appreciate that our current price points might not be suitable for smaller businesses, so we are currently in process of finalising a new pricing structure that will hopefully address this issue and offer some more affordable paid options for our users. We'd be happy to welcome you back!

Adrian
CEO in Japan
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic affordable tool for small business' with limited HR

Kommentare: Love it. This is my first time to take the time and leave a review like this. I use a lot of different softwares but this one really impressed me. They took the time to develop their user flow to a high standard.

It gave me the confidence to hire. Before I have set up my own tests successfully in Google form but it required a large time investment on my side. Testgorilla was setup in minutes and it is far more professional than my approach at a reasonable price.

Not much to complain about. I would like to have the option in settings to change the email templates but other than that, all good.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Thanks, Adrian! Glad we've given you the confidence to hire. You can make some adjustments to the email templates. What exactly are you looking to change?

Pranjal Pratim
Director Engineering in Indien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

TestGorilla helps online recruiting

Kommentare: It helped us a lot in the pre-employment coding assessment. It helped in sort listing the candidate based on the score is evaluated. Saves your time and money.

We were looking for some online coding platform with proctoring, then we found test gorilla. Compared to other platforms, it does a good value for money. You can set up online assessments in minutes without much hassle.

If more candidates are appearing on the test simultaneously, it is a little buggy. Customer support needs to be proactive.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Pranjal! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Nice to hear that you found us to be good value for money, with easy set up and good user experience :) Saving you time and money is the desired outcome, of course. Welcome to the TG community.

Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple, Intuitive Platform for All Pre-Employment Evaluation Needs

Kommentare: Hiring accounting staff requires both technical skills that can be difficult to test for (e.g. MS Excel skills, US GAAP, basic journal entries, etc.) in a standard interview format. TestGorilla has helped with providing an objective measurement on these skills to ensure we are getting a candidate who can do what their resume claims they can do without having to have a subjective q&a during the verbal interview.

The ability to create a modularized exam to cover different technical and behavioral qualifications through pre-built quizzes. This allows for a better objective review of potential candidates we are considering hiring. I also like the scoring benchmarks for comparing potential candidates.

There are a few technical glitches it seems still in the software with logging into the system, getting passwords reset, etc.

Neeraj
Neeraj
Senior IT Recruiter in Indien
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent service For assessing applicant talent

Kommentare: I have trust in the system's ability to accurately assess the candidates' technical skills. It has a built-in library of 250+ tests as well as the ability to create s customized assessments with a range of questions such as essay, text, and video-based questions.

It is a fantastic and entirely customized tool for assessing candidates. It is a great platform for testing candidates' expertise before hiring them, and we can create tests based on our specifications in a short period of time using numerous modules.

Many of my candidates complain that they did not receive their exam invitation invite, so there should be a resend/ reminder that will be appreciated. there are also no multiple-choice questions.

letztes Jahr

Hi Neeraj! thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. Glad to hear that you are enjoying using the tool, and are effectively assessing your candidates technical skills using our test library. Our tests are made up of multiple choice questions, and you can also add your own questions to make up an assessment. Welcome to the TG community!

Sovan
Sovan
Talent Acquisition Lead in Indien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Liked it!

Kommentare: The software is easy to use and quite efficient

The software is easy to use and quite efficient

Nothing yet, good to use by candidates, can work on interface

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Sovan! Thanks a lot for taking time to leave a review. Glad to hear that you are having a positive experience with TestGorilla so far! Hopefully we can help you to make your hiring process even more efficient so you can find some really top talent for your company. Welcome to the TG community

Andy
CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Waste of time and money

Kommentare: It did not go well at all.

The user interface is nice and professional. It's easy to administer

They claim to offer a "free trial where you can test anything". This is misleading - they make it appear you must upgrade your plan (minimum of $300) in order to try the tests. It is not clear you can test premium features without upgrading. I upgraded so I could try a couple of the tests (Laravel, PHP). I sent the tests to myself and realized they are terrible tests and don't provide any useful screening. So, I tried to use the "custom test" feature but it appeared I needed to upgrade again ($3600) in order to try it. After complaining and requesting a refund, they asked I do a 15-minute call with their CSM to discuss. I agreed with the stipulation that I expected a refund in exchange for my time on the call. After the CSM spent 25 minutes explaining how it was my fault, I got nothing for a refund and wasted a lot of time providing free feedback to them. In the end, it was a terrible experience, we spent $300 and got 0 value from their platform, they refused to issue a refund, and I wasted a bunch of time providing them feedback and writing this review. Lastly, they told me they cannot turn off the auto-billing on my account, only I can do that. However, they deactivated my account so I can't login. I guess we'll see if they auto-bill me for next year's subscription.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Andy, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback..even though it's unfortunate that you didn't feel that TG was the right fit for your needs. We pride ourselves in being a customer focussed company, and we're sorry you didn't enjoy your experience. However, we do feel that it's clear from our website and from the in-platform info that it's possible to test all the premium features and tests for free on internal users, including the Laravel and PHP test and the custom test feature. Please know that you are welcome back to TestGorilla at any time, and we wish you the best of luck with your hiring process!

Daniel
CTO in Niederlande
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to configure, but quality of the coding tests is not great

Kommentare: We use TG to assess developers after we've had a first interview with them.

It's easy to create your own test suite, and selecting predefined tests helps with getting started quickly. I also like the as-they-type code view - it helps to get an idea of how the developer constructs a solution - and I appreciate the automated screenshots (to my surprise all the candidates accepted video captures). I also like the logical thinking tests, although there's not really a way to see the users responses (this goes for all the questions).

I found some of the tests to be lacking in quality, sometimes resulting in frustration from the developer, or unhelpful results. For example: * the advanced SQL test is not a realistic scenario, and only has 2 outcomes: success or failure. It makes it hard to get an idea of the developers grasp of the subject, because it's just 1 giant assignment. If you get 90% right, you score 0 points. * the Laravel test does not really test the developers ability to use the framework in real life situations, but rather tests for static knowledge. * I found the PHP tests to be too simple and sometimes just poorly constructed (for example the prefilled function and parameter names are not great) I also created a custom PHP test, but the outcome verification has a bug, which will sometimes accept wrong answers (error status === true). I would have liked to see the users responses to multiple choice questions. Because of the randomness in the questionnaires, you don't know which questions they got. It would be helpful to see if maybe a user got dealt a couple of poor questions (and there are a few). It's a shame that (as a paying customer) this information is not revealed.

Tisha
HR Specialist in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

New User

Kommentare: Always some room for improvement for every software, however I tested multiple competitors and found TestGorilla to provide the best experience for the assessment taker which was our highest priority.

We choose TestGorilla for it's expansive test library and user experience.

It's fairly new so still developing, looking forward to feature updates in the future.

Muhammad
Head of HR in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Konsumgüter, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Liked the product, but it comes at a high price

Kommentare: good experience in assessing qualified candidates

Good tests, ease of use, great customer service

The price is not clearly stated, it is confusing on why you are charging for assessments, i think you need a clearer pricing module. you also need to add more business related tests, i was looking for anything in logistics but there is nothing. The test scoring doesn't allow me to see the actual answers provided and what are the correct answers. I use manatal for recruitment and it would be great if both solutions can be integrated

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Muhammad! Thanks a lot for leaving us your feedback, we appreciate it :) Thanks for your suggestion on the pricing module, that's something I will pass on to the relevant team. Regarding the answers to the test questions; that is something we keep private in order to protect the integrity of our tests. Each test we release goes through a rigorous approval process over a period of months, before they are published. As a result, we believe that it's very important that we protect our tests and their content from being leaked online. We do provide a depth of insight into results and how to analyse the candidates performance, including benchmarking against all other candidates who have taken assessments via our platform.

Hailey
Talent Scout & People Partner in USA
Konsumgüter, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Very Useful Product!

Kommentare: - Overall, it has been very beneficial to our hiring process

- Easy to use from an administrative point - Easy to read results - Lots of variety in the assessments already made & the option to customize - Organized nicely: can view all results in the timing they come in or by best score

- Sometimes candidates aren't granted access so we have to go in on our side to figure out why/ get it resent - candidates cannot set up their account and then return to it to take the test. From our experience, if a candidate signs up and doesn't immediately take the assessment, they will not be let in when they return to do so. Unclear if it is a system or user error in this example.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Hailey! Great to hear that you have had a positive experience with TestGorilla so far :) Your candidates don't in fact need to create an account to take an assessment, so I would say there is some user error there. If it happens again, you can redirect your candidate to help@testgorilla.com. Welcome to the TG community!

Milla
Operations Manager in Finnland
Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Recruiting process made easy

Kommentare: Our company saved a good amount of time and money when we externalized the recruiting to TestGorilla. We were positively surprised by the popularity of our job opening, and it would have been impossible to go through the applications manually as we are a small team. Now all the applicants received a fair chance and we've got an awesome new team member.

I appreciate the fact that we were able to modify the Test Gorilla to suit the needs of our company – personalized package that fit with our niche. With over 1,000 candidates it saved me hours and hours of individually going through and evaluating each applicant, and when our process was based on the test results, it really made the process bias-free.

I have requested for the option to communicate to the applicants via system; to send a group mail for people who were not chosen to continue. I'm sure my feedback has been heard and I will see this feature in the future.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Thanks, Milla! Glad to hear that TestGorilla's flexibility has helped you save so much time! We currently have a feature to send rejection emails to candidates. (Here's the associated help article: https://help.testgorilla.com/how-do-i-reject-candidates-through-testgorilla). You can also send the assessment results to candidates through the platform. You can do that with the press of a button and decide to which candidates they want to send it. (You can customize the email too.) We also have a feature to select candidates and perform bulk actions like that on our roadmap. Thanks again for the kind words!

VP of Engineering in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy way to assess the skills of applicants

Kommentare: Have helped to improve my recruiting process

It's very easy to use and it's not as troublesome and expensive as other alternatives. You can create an assessment for a role in less than 5 minutes. The scoring is very pertinent and it shows you how a candidate performs over different topics of a same area.

The ability to customize pre-made quizzes, for example in my case most of my applicants are not native English speakers and they take a little bit more time to understand the questions and scenarios, and really strong candidates tend to score very low at the end of the test because the time wasn't enough. I would like to customize the times per area of expertise or even each question, also I'd like to create custom-made tests using certain questions from the pre-made tests.

Graham
Human Resources Manager in Kanada
Personalwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use applicant testing platform

Kommentare: Using test Gorilla has cut down on a lot of the administrative burden of assessing candidates. It's great for high volume hiring queues and receiving prompt, consistent feedback on test scores. A few of our candidates have experienced issues with completing tests (e.g., unclear instructions, aggressive time constraints), but overall the applicant experience (and my experience as administrator) have been positive.

I like that the platform is straightforward and easy to use. There aren't a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles to get in the way. Setting up assessments and inviting applicants is very quick and easy. The layout makes it easy to compare candidates about each other.

I don't like that you aren't able to view the tests without assigning them to yourself and manually taking them. This makes scoring somewhat opaque, and it is hard to judge if the tests are 100% aligned to the knowledge/skills you are looking to test for. I understand the rationale behind locking down the tests, but I feel that the rewards of showing employers the tests they are assigning would outweigh the risks.

vor 9 Monaten

Hi Graham! We wanted to stop by and let you know we've rolled out a ton of new features since your review, including a brand-new one this month that allows customers to preview assessments before inviting candidates. We do recommend taking a look.

MARIA GUADALUPE
Professor in Mexiko
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Recommendations

Kommentare: Great tool

To track candidates responses in different formats, to evaluate candidates with diverse tools

I would like to have the option of video or audio transcription, to access the content of the candidates answers that were in video or audio, in written format

Alison
HR advisor in Neuseeland
Tiefbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Doesn't work for us

Kommentare: We wanted some pre-employment tests but they haven't be useful for us. The tests are very hard.
I really wanted to talk to someone to talk things through but they seemed unwilling to talk, only want to email. At the very beginning I realised it probably wasn't going to work well and asked about a refund quickly but didn't seem to be an option so we have been left with something that we probably will hardly use. Very hard to understand all in the ins and outs until after you purchased and are stuck with it. We are a small company with a small budget so perhaps it suits bigger companies better.

Tests are quite easy to set up. Candidates seem to manage process well.

Can't see questions. Tests are hard and are not proving to meet our needs Limited range that suit us Cost-wise it hasn't worked well for running pre-employment tests for small numbers of applicants across multiple tests

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Alison, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, even though you feel that TestGorilla is not right for your company. Our product is designed to be used at the beginning of the hiring process, allowing you to screen large numbers of applicants at a reasonable cost per candidate. It seems that our support team reached out to you twice without response, and were under the impression that they had resolved your issues. Sorry if that was not the case! Please know that you are welcome to get in touch at any stage to discuss your plan with our Customer Success team, and we would be happy to hear from you. Wishing you all the best with your hiring process!

Pieter
Managing Partner in Belgien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ok, service but not the best.

Kommentare: I had a bad experience trying to purchase the product. The sales person cancelled the introductory meeting TWICE minutes before the meetings started. Eventually a support person had to take over the meeting and that was a very very short introduction. Overall experience was very very bad.

Review the entire history of the coding test a candidate did. It allowed to understand how the person developed a solution.

The pricing model and not being able to change an assessment after a test. If you want to have 3 different tests for a junior, medior and senior developer, you need to buy 3 assessments costing roughly 150$ each. If you did not invite any other candidate to that assessment for over 1 month, the assessment is thrown away and you need to repurchase a new assessment.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Pieter, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, even though you had a bad experience. Our product is designed to be used at the beginning of the hiring process, allowing you to screen large numbers of applicants at a reasonable cost per candidate, rather than in the manner you describe. It seems that our sales team were having some issues with capacity at the time of your issue. It is not an excuse, but unfortunately something we have had to deal with in the past. We now have the resources in place to ensure this is not the case in the future. Please know that you are welcome to get in touch at any stage to discuss your plan with our Customer Success team, and we would be happy to hear from you. Wishing you all the best with your hiring process!

Reili
Recruitment Project Manager in Estland
Personalwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good tool for candidate testing

Kommentare: TestGorilla site is easy to use for English speakers, we mostly use it for use language assessment but because narrow choice of languages we also have to use other service providers.

Quick way to send several tests at one and make your own assessment. Possibility to send the reminder. Good customer support.

Because of some banking security certificate problems TestGorilla had, there was not possible to pay with card ad the pre-payment invoice was a cost of "gold". Narrow choice of language tests.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Reili! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad to hear you had a good experience with customer support. Languages and localisation is a big project for us and it is coming down the tracks very soon. We have a road map on our site, where you can see exactly what's in development and being released in the near future - https://help.testgorilla.com/tests-in-development Thanks for being part of the TG community!

Monushus
Project Manager in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The best prescreening assessment tool

Kommentare: After implementing Testgorilla the recruitment process becomes simpler.

Customer support and user-friendly dashboard

Pricing and candidates limit to attend are restricted to 100 candidates beyond that we have to pay an additional amount.

André
CEO in Portugal
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Nice and simple candidate testing platform

TestGorilla is a simple candidate testing platform. One of the best things about it is the diversity of premade assessments / tests from electricity to health and safety.

There are some bugs on the platform but the team is quick in responding to its defects.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Andre, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you appreciate the variety and quality of our Test Library, which is currently at 200+ expertly created tests :) As a software company, we are, unfortunately, not immune to bugs! but good to know that any bug you experienced was dealt with quickly and effectively. Welcome to the TG community!

Dee
National Education Program Manager in Australien
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product and great value for money for short period use.

Kommentare: It was easy and good value for money so I will use it again this year and have recommended it.

Ease of set up, simple to read and analyse results, good management tools and excellent price as I could stop the subscription after one month when I was finished testing.

some seemed a little short - too many questions for the time frame.