Über TestGorilla

Screening-Tests, die entwickelt wurden, um schwierige Einstellungsentscheidungen schneller, einfacher und vorurteilsfrei zu fällen.

Erfahre mehr über TestGorilla

I like the variety of tests that we have used to hire software developers and data scientists. The platform is easy to use and easily connects to other software (e.g. Zapier) that we are using.

I don't like that you aren't able to view the tests without assigning them to yourself and manually taking them.

Bewertungen zu TestGorilla

3,9
4,0
3,9

TestGorilla hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 237 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du TestGorilla bereits verwendet?

Janelle
Director of Recruiting
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Test Gorilla is exactly what we needed

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Andrey
Andrey
Strategy Analyst in Ukraine
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

best skills based testing platform

Kommentare: Development of outsourcing team. Preparations for launch of SaaS product company.

TestGorilla has a vide variety of tests and based on scientifical approach combined with strong practical expertise of TG team. TG reduces your time for screening and preliminary interviewing of employees. Once the test passed you can go to screening of portfolio [technical staff] or references list [management] not using time for more interviews of more you actually need to judge the choice to hire.

Some tests, especially for soft skills have a lot of questions - it splits focus and some can be not clear answered. Technical - needed Prospective June level for rising stars to be choosen cause some programming level tests are hard to pass, it makes reliability but does not help to employer to save costs. There is lack of integration with platforms for remote hire of contractors: UpWork, Glassdoor, Toptal. I wish TestGorilla will cooperate with large institution it make it more popular.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Andrey! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience with our team and with the variety of tests in our library. We are constantly striving for improvement and excellence, and we will happily take your feedback onboard for that. Welcome to the TG community!

elyssa
Product Manager in USA
Internet, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple, Useful Software For Candidate Testing

Its extremely easy to create your own assessments. Good if you have timed questions you need to ask at the beginning of a candidate review before meeting with them note: we did not leverage their pre-made assessments as we were not sold on the questions

Wish there were notifications for when users complete the assessments. It would be nice if integrations didn't 12x the price....

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Elyssa, thanks for taking the time to leave us a detailed review - it's always helpful to hear what our customers think of our platform. Glad to hear that you found the interface easy to use, and just to let you know - email notifications will be rolled out before the end of this month. We have a really useful section in our help centre where you can see what is being rolled out - https://help.testgorilla.com/tests-in-development Welcome to the TestGorilla community!

Stefan
Stefan
Director in Australien
Tiefbau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Way too expensive and terrible customer service

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Very unpleasant - I have taken our business elsewhere to a competitor with reasonable prices.

The idea of the pre-recruitment using little tests is good

Price is off the charts compared to others Customer service is slow and uncooperative

James
Software Development Manager in Kanada
Medienproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Essential for remote teams

Kommentare: We felt TestGorilla helped eliminate candidates we didn't need to persuade and helped identify the right candidates with the help of video responses. We were hoping for more non-cognitive skills assessments -- there were a few test suites that helped a bit, but we found that custom questions helped accomplish our goals better.

I loved that I could add cognitive and non-cognitive testing, and receive a summary of the test results rather than individual question results. This helps eliminate interviewer bias greatly.

I did not like the inability to modify my testing suite after the first interviewer. While I can see how this is interpreted as a feature, I would appreciate the ability to correct mistakes made in the original job posting or test suite composition.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi James, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your detailed review. glad to hear that you are having a positive experience so far with the platform, and are successfully minimizing bias in your screening process. Research has found that multi-measure tests, such as our assessments, are the best predictor of job success, so being able to combine cognitive ability and other non-cognitive tests should help you find the best candidates! Welcome to the TG community :)

Lawrence
Field Manager in Kenia
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A bit pricey, but worth the cost

Kommentare: Overall, the TestGorilla platform has the largest library of assessments I have seen. However, the free tier is pretty basic and probably not fit for many users with varying demands. The priced tiers are quite pricey to be honest, and most starting businesses would not be able to afford them.

I liked that we could customize the tests, and create individualized invites or a general link for each assessment. The tests seemed well-calibrated to the specific skillsets we were testing for, and we had the ability to select which assessments to use.

However, the free tier is quite limiting. You only have access to 10 assessments, which is not really much if you need to test for more than a few skillsets. On the free tier, you're also not able to download the results for offsite use. We had to depend on the candidates sending us the PDF of their results.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Lawrence, many thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We appreciate that our current price points might not be suitable for smaller businesses, so we are currently in process of finalising a new pricing structure that will hopefully address this issue and offer some more affordable paid options for our users. We'd be happy to welcome you back!

Jan
HR in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Tests not indicative of performance

Kommentare: We did not plan to renew our subscription as ALL of the people we hired based on it flaked out. However, the renewal reminder that they sent was obscured by other 'salesy' email fluff i.e. announcing that they had been hard at work adding to their test library - a Typing test. Really!! Once I read that I paid it no attention to the rest which included a reminder about the renewal. I did exactly what they hoped I would do - I ignored the renewal notice. When we got hit with the renewal charge I contacted them the VERY next day and they basically said 'too bad'. So I am NOT at all happy with their sneaky " reminder" techniques. (realizing of course that it is always on me to cancel)

I liked their sales person. It was relatively easy to us.

Test only consist of 10 questions which aren't enough on certain topics. Also many of the questions can be answered in multiple ways leading to ambiguous scores. Once you rejected someone their names didn't disappear or go to another section. Just stayed there, presumably forever. So it gets cluttered when you use the same test repeatedly.

vor 2 Monaten

Hello Jan, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We'd love to improve your experience with our product, so I really encourage you to get in touch with our Customer Success team; they'll be able to help you make the most of the platform.

Adrian
CEO in Japan
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic affordable tool for small business' with limited HR

Kommentare: Love it. This is my first time to take the time and leave a review like this. I use a lot of different softwares but this one really impressed me. They took the time to develop their user flow to a high standard.

It gave me the confidence to hire. Before I have set up my own tests successfully in Google form but it required a large time investment on my side. Testgorilla was setup in minutes and it is far more professional than my approach at a reasonable price.

Not much to complain about. I would like to have the option in settings to change the email templates but other than that, all good.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Thanks, Adrian! Glad we've given you the confidence to hire. You can make some adjustments to the email templates. What exactly are you looking to change?

Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple, Intuitive Platform for All Pre-Employment Evaluation Needs

Kommentare: Hiring accounting staff requires both technical skills that can be difficult to test for (e.g. MS Excel skills, US GAAP, basic journal entries, etc.) in a standard interview format. TestGorilla has helped with providing an objective measurement on these skills to ensure we are getting a candidate who can do what their resume claims they can do without having to have a subjective q&a during the verbal interview.

The ability to create a modularized exam to cover different technical and behavioral qualifications through pre-built quizzes. This allows for a better objective review of potential candidates we are considering hiring. I also like the scoring benchmarks for comparing potential candidates.

There are a few technical glitches it seems still in the software with logging into the system, getting passwords reset, etc.

Neeraj
Neeraj
Senior IT Recruiter in Indien
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent service For assessing applicant talent

Kommentare: I have trust in the system's ability to accurately assess the candidates' technical skills. It has a built-in library of 250+ tests as well as the ability to create s customized assessments with a range of questions such as essay, text, and video-based questions.

It is a fantastic and entirely customized tool for assessing candidates. It is a great platform for testing candidates' expertise before hiring them, and we can create tests based on our specifications in a short period of time using numerous modules.

Many of my candidates complain that they did not receive their exam invitation invite, so there should be a resend/ reminder that will be appreciated. there are also no multiple-choice questions.

letztes Jahr

Hi Neeraj! thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. Glad to hear that you are enjoying using the tool, and are effectively assessing your candidates technical skills using our test library. Our tests are made up of multiple choice questions, and you can also add your own questions to make up an assessment. Welcome to the TG community!

Rosice
CEO in USA
Eventservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This company is a scam beware

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Great tests inside of the portal to really screen candidates

The customer services is shady. There are certain things not mentioned in the small print. Whether you pay monthly or annually they hold you to a year commitment and don't break it down until its too late. Customer services doesn't respond but the sales team will connect with you in 5 minutes. All I can say is RUN!

Mark
Head of Software Development and Support in Südafrika
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Finding a needle in a Hay Stack

Kommentare: Overall I like the concept of TestGorilla. I was able to create a test and easily choose questions to test potential candidates for the tole I was hiring for. I could also add custom questions and set time limits per question. While the summary of each test completed was neatly presented I would have liked if it had given and more in-depth analysis of the programming code provided and helped me in deciding if the candidate had the necessary skills rather than just a percentage score base on whether or not his/her code produced the expected result. Some candidates we interviewed based on there scores here were asked to do another practical code test and did quite well. When speaking to them in the interview they would say they were either intimidated by the online test or were confused by the mathematical questions and were not sure what to do. However, when asked to write a simple web page with a login etc they did this with no problem. TestGorila is great if you don't want to sit in lots of interviews with nonsuitable candidates and you can use this tool to choose those who might be suitable. TestGorilla alone though should not be used to decide whether or not to hire a candidate but does save a lot of time to you in the entire recruitment process

Library of questions to choose from which you can pick and choose to include in the test based on what skills you are recruiting for. The test can be done online at a convenient time for the candidate and there are checks built in to determine if the candidate was cheating. Various ways to share the test to potential candidates Nice summary of the candidates results

Needs more questions in the library for a wider variety of positions. Needs to assess the programming code automatically and provide a rating rather than just showing me the code and making e decide if the candidate is a good fit or not

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Mark! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review, we really appreciate it! Glad to hear that you were satisfied with the range of tests in the library (which is over 190 as of now!), and that you found that you were wasting less time interviewing people who weren't suitable. We always say that our product should be used as a tool in the hiring process, and it should fit into a bigger hiring journey. In your case, this is exactly what happened; you used TG to find the best and most suitable candidates and moved them forward to interview, after which you made your final decision. Good luck with your future hiring!

Vanessa
Training Manager in Australien
Personalwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

TG review

Kommentare: It’s good, like it, looking forward to to stepping up a level

Easy to use & fairly intuitive, modern software

It’s not very pleasing to look at as a candidate- that could be redesigned. Would be great if it were more gamified, have more pictures and not be so word heavy across most of the different assessments. The test where candidates pick their top 10 personal attributes/ behaviours/ competencies/ strengths & it’s meandered against what the client has pre selected that they’re looking for could be more sophisticated… we’ve had client feedback that they want us to measure competencies like this test, but that this is too basic/ more prone to people guessing what they think the client will want from them & putting that in rather than the truth… that’s possible in any test, yes, but other tests are better at having measures against that.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Vanessa! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us this detailed feedback. Great suggestion re the gamification of the candidate experience, and I have passed this one to the Product team. Re the Culture add/Motivation test - this is also interesting feedback and I will pass it to the Test Development team. Thank you for continuing to work with TestGorilla, and we look forward to working with you to screen the best candidates for your job roles :)

Lennart
CEO in Niederlande
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Hire with confidence

Kommentare: Taking job interviews while having the confidence of the candidates skillset

Instead of digging through 50+ resumes, you sort on candidates' test scores. Using testgorilla's assesment as an entry point for your selection procedure gives an amazing filter to only let smart, capable, candidates into your further procedure. I've both selected and not selected candidates that we otherwise would have missed, or would have been an unproductive use of our and their time. In the interviews we had with the top 5 test-takers we could focus solely on personality and culture fit, having the confidence already that a candidate can perform on a certain level. Moving forward, we will never post a job offer again without using a pre-selection assessment to filter candicates.

When used in comination with a job board, we've found candidates that did the test but did not apply, did apply but forgot the test, or did both as meant to happen. This lead to checking and comparing of both lists of people. This can be prevented by using Testgorilla as the main recruitment tool

Antwort von TestGorilla

Thanks for the review, Lennart! We love to hear stories about how our customers are using TestGorilla to avoid mishires and find the perfect fits for their roles. We're especially happy to hear that you've had so much success using assessments at the top of the hiring funnel!

Judd
Judd
Founder in USA
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Buyer Beware - Not what I expected

Kommentare: Horrible and I am very disappointed in the way they treated us as a customer.

I honestly have no pros I can say about the product.

The pricing model is not easy to understand. The free trial is barely a trial. You cannot see the questions to know if it is a good test. Support is dismal and takes days to get back to you. We barely used the product and had our first candidate have difficulty taking the test. The beware part, they state nothing in their terms as far as a refund which they would not grant the refund even though we explained the difficulty of all of the above. You pay yearly, so if you do not like it, you are crap out of luck.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Judd, I understand that our team has resolved the issue you experienced to your satisfaction. However, just to alert you to some details on our platform that you may have missed- you are indeed able to see the questions presented in each test, by simply inviting yourself to take the assessment as an internal user. Our free plan is designed so that our customers can try all of the premium features on the platform for free, before signing up to a paid plan. We encourage our users to explore the platform using the free version first, and to share assessments with other team members, so that you have full understanding of the features and benefits of the paid content before you decide to subscribe. We wish you the best with your hiring process!

Andrius
Talent Acquisition Manager in Malta
Sport, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

TestGorilla is a good an efficient tool for technical assessment of candidate skills

Kommentare: Overall, i think it's a great way to manage technical assessments

Easy to use and manage the candidate pipelines. Once the test is setup, it's very easy to send it to the candidates, track, and evaluate.

It's difficult to setup the test that's applicable to a developers' day-to-day. I receive complaints from some candidates that the interface is difficult to use, some OS compatibility issues and code editor doesn't always work as expected.

Allison
Talent Acquisition Manager in USA
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use - simple setup and ability to send candidates

Kommentare: I have been looking for a solution to easily send job applicants assessments during the recruiting process and it's solved for that.

Ease of use. Ability to put an assessment together in minutes. The system sends out an email to applicants and they are then guided through the steps. The interface is very clean and clear and there are built-in safeguards to prevent others from completing the assessment for the candidates.I like that all of the major personality tests are available on the free version. As well as a number of skill-based assessments as well.

I've been using the free version, which is great. Of course, there are some limitations, but that is understood while using the free version. Despite those limitations, it's beneficial.The personality assessments are great, though I'm starting to be a bit unsure of their validity, as the majority of respondents tend to get the same result. I'm unclear if that's due to the similar nature of the roles I'm using them for, or if it's something else.

Reggielee
Senior HRRA in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Assessment Rating

Kommentare: For now we are experiencing good quality of service

Easy to use, You can select the appropriate assessment per role.

Limited exams, maybe they can improve the exams list of options

letztes Jahr

Hi Reggielee! Thank you for your review and for being part of the TestGorilla team for such a long time. Thank you for the feedback on the number of tests available. We are constantly working on increasing the number of tests available in our Test Library and highly recommend subscribing to our monthly product newsletter for updates on our latest tests.

Jasper
Founder in Niederlande
Kino & Film, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I wish we had known about this sooner!

Kommentare: Awesome!

After running my own company for twelve i know how much my success hinges on hiring the right people, but also... how costly (to the point of destructive) it can be to hire the right people. We relied a lot on CVs, referrals and ‘gut feeling’ in picking someone. But this software really made us see the power of test results to help preselecting which candidates to interview. Excellent! We’ve hired a couple of great people since we started using TG, one of whom i would have probably never even invited in the first place, but we spotted her thanks to her great test results! Really gave an extra layer of professionalism and smartness to our whole hiring proces. So far we used a couple of available tests which were very useful, but right now were considering also creating our own specific test questions to upload to TG

Its a community platform on which members can also upload their own tests, but since it hasnt been around that long, i’m looking forward to seeing more test options come available. Still you’ll find more tests on there right now than you could probably take. We’ve found relevant ones (leadership, intelligence, creativity, sales, seo, social media etc) and we’re in a niche sector (advertising and film making)

Antwort von TestGorilla

Love to hear that you've made some great hires with TestGorilla! We use it internally and have noticed the same things you mentioned. We've been able to identify great candidates who we might otherwise have missed. And our Test Library is always growing, so keep an eye out for new tests. We're at over 100 tests now and growing fast!

Co Founder in Deutschland
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great help for startups

Kommentare: Overall it helped us to professionalize our recruitment process. Also it provided good candidate experience and demonstrated that we are serious about hiring top quality candidates. It has been quite easy to setup and has become an integral part of our recruiting

We appreciated how easy you get define test batteries and how many modules are already available for different roles. Therefore we employed testgorilla to select pre-filter candidates as diverse as marketing, software engineering and product management.

I would love to see more in depth analysis on candidates individual results and what that means for the interview process. Some of the analysis seems quite generic.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Thanks, Michael! Glad to know TestGorilla has helped you pre-filter candidates. We're working on making our candidate analysis more robust. Would you mind talking a bit more about your experience? My email is roy@testgorilla.com if you're open to it.

Manuel
CEO in USA
Buchhaltung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Horrible experience

Kommentare: Downright horrible

Not much. They charge for something that is mostly for free

The entire software really. The tests are not predictive for performance. The customer service is non-existent, they don't even allow you to cancel your subscription or delete your profile. All you can do is change to a free plan. Naturally, if you are that bad you do not want to see customers go that fast

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Manuel, sorry to hear that you haven't had a good experience with our platform and with our customer support. I'd love to get to the bottom of what happened so that we can do our best to ensure this kind of experience doesn't happen again. And maybe I can help you to gain a better understanding of the product and what it is designed for. My direct email is siobhan@testgorilla.com and I would be happy to hear from you

Ian
Head of Talent in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Avoid

Kommentare: They got paid

The tests are easy to set up but the quality of them is questionable and the goal seems to be to lock you into a long term contract.

Technical tests are lacking and not on a level with the competition. The customer service policy seems to be to tell you what you want to hear until you're off the phone then send you an email to the contrary. I wouldn't recommend this product at all and would strongly suggest using only the free trial if essential. They require payment upfront and are not willing to have a constructive discussion about returning any of that money in the event the product doesn't live up to expectation.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Ian, I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel that our platform is up to standard regarding technical tests. The reason we allow internal testing of all tests on the free plan is to encourage customers to try out the tests, prior to purchase of a paid plan. This means you and your team can assess the content and the features available without having to buy anything upfront. Nevertheless, we wish you the best with your hiring and hope that you can find the best candidates for your available positions!

Eveline
Recruiting lead in Niederlande
Unternehmensberatung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bain & Co Amsterdam

User friendly, no/limited prep required for candidates (length of assessment given it's short), gives clarity on cheating, easy to navigate, ability to score/ rank candidates on multiple dimensions, flexibility to add/ take-out assessment elements

No option to provide candidates with preparation to practice

Nasia
Founder Sukhi in Spanien
Kunst & Handwerk, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A real timesafer!

Kommentare: I am very happy with this invention and will definitely keep on using it!

I love this tool! We used it to find a Customer service agent for our company Sukhi: we had over 1200 applications! Can you imagine how much work it would have been if we had to go through their CVs and emails one-by-one? The average test score is my favorite tool: a great way to distinguish between the candidates. Plus the option to ask the candidates to add a video: it gives a very good first impression combined with their test results.

The software is very clear and logical, no negative feedback.

Antwort von TestGorilla

1200 applications?! We're so glad you didn't have to pore over them one by one :)

Rebecca
HR Manager in Malta
Telekommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A helping hand within the interview process

Kommentare: It is a good addition to have together with the interview process as you can actually test the actual capabilities of the candidate which many times are not proved during an interview. With test Gorilla, you can actually test this. Filtering of applications is faster and thus so is the interview process.

The ease of use and the detail of the results plus the flexibility in the choice of tests available when building up the tests which caters for various job titles. You can also compare candidates and thus makes your life easier.

We had an issue where a candidate concluded the test without taking the tests fully and we wanted him to re-take the test, however it did not allow me to resend the same test to the same email address.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Thanks for your feedback, Rebecca! Glad to know TestGorilla is helping you make better hiring decisions! For the issue you mentioned, in the future, you'll just need to delete the candidate from the assessment, and then you can re-invite them to take it again.

André
CEO in Portugal
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Nice and simple candidate testing platform

TestGorilla is a simple candidate testing platform. One of the best things about it is the diversity of premade assessments / tests from electricity to health and safety.

There are some bugs on the platform but the team is quick in responding to its defects.

Antwort von TestGorilla

Hi Andre, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you appreciate the variety and quality of our Test Library, which is currently at 200+ expertly created tests :) As a software company, we are, unfortunately, not immune to bugs! but good to know that any bug you experienced was dealt with quickly and effectively. Welcome to the TG community!