4,7 /5
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5

Über StoryXpress

Record a great video, give it a personal brand makeover, share it with your friends, colleagues or customers, track audience engagement

Erfahre mehr über StoryXpress

Rodrigo C.
Freelance Full-Stack Web Development Engineer
  • Bewertet am 28.7.2020

"Great screen capture tool for onboarding, sales and more"

Kommentare: We've been very satisfied with the whole experience. There are similar tools, but the pricing here is better for light to moderate use, and you also get to customize the branding of your video player, which our previous tool didn't.

Vorteile: Creating, uploading and sharing videos with StoryXpress is very easy and that alone has made this a very useful app in our toolset. Once the browser extension is installed you just need to click the extension icon to start recording (either your screen, your webcam, or both). You also have different tools to emphasize parts of the screen, like annotations and such. It has been really helpful to record instructions on how to use a feature in our software, record bugs so dev team can replicate them, or even sending personalized videos in sales emails. The fact you can customize the branding on the video player page is also great.

Nachteile: As it only has a browser extension, the webcam overlay and the recording tools can only be displayed over a browser window. You can record the whole screen and any part of your computers windows, but once you switch to another application the webcam overlay goes away (until you come back to the browser). In opur use case this is minor, but if you'll use this to do walkthroughs of non-web apps, then it might be an issue.
Also, I had a problem with the extension not being able to upload videos. It went away after reinstalling, but it was a minor setback nonetheless.

Jeheen mahmood Z.
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.8.2020

"A must-have tool for content desktop creators/instructors/remote team"

Kommentare: I am the team leader of a remote service agency. I need to create a lot of instructional videos for my team mates and my clients. I also creat how to videos for content marketing. For these purposes I used Screencastify and Loom, both were free and came with limitations. Since I switched to StoryXpress' Clapboard app, with a lifetime license, it has replaced all other apps. On top of that, it is also providing insights and analytics that were not available even in other apps paid versions. Eagerly waiting for the desktop version of StoryXpress' Clapboard

Vorteile: I really like the depth of the video analytics they offer. Not only each view of the video is counted, but they also show which device was used and which segment of the video the viewer was paying attention to. This helped me a lot in improving video copy and presentation style. The on-screen drawing and annotation tools are very handy for instructional videos as well

Nachteile: The video upload speed could do with improvements. With weaker connections, it sometimes takes longer to upload longer videos. For small video clip makers, this is not a problem though; it generally happens when you are loading videos of 1 hour or longer duration. They currently dont have a desktop app, which is also a drawback. But I was notified by their support that they will be launching this in Q3 2020. It should also improve the uploading speed issue. Something to look forward to in 2020 ha!

Sven K.
Online Marketeer
  • Bewertet am 28.7.2020

"Still in starter development"

Kommentare: I had to do so many recording do-overs that I'm still not using the product most of the time. I keep trying it every few weeks, but every recording is resulting in inconsistent footage, out of sync, or with 20 frames per second resulting in a choppy video. When I try Loom, I don't have this issue.

Vorteile: Recording and embedding video's on the fly while sharing your screen.

Nachteile: Most of the time, my video's are not uploaded smoothly. Costing me hours and hours of time to record them correctly.

Divyanshu S.
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.9.2020

"Must have extension for a small & big teams working remotely"

Kommentare: I am using StoryXpress Recorder mainly for remote communication with my team members. There haven't been any glitches and the product simplicity and ease of use feels premium. In a couple of scenarios, I also used it to pitch to prospective clients about our service and used the Calendly Integration to get the meeting booked.

Vorteile: The ease of use of the recorder, the highlighter tools and their blazing fast download speed. It took less than a minute to new team members to understand how to use the extension.
The video editing feature to crop, blur and trim also help in hiding sensitive information that gets visible while accidently recording from webcam or screen.

Nachteile: Nothing specifically in unlikable, they have given so many features at such affordable cost as compared to Loom or Vidyard. I really liked their folder feature which was removed in between and seems like it will be coming soon.

• Bewertet am 1.9.2020
Heather S.

"Simple but Powerful"

Kommentare: It's been great, I got the deal on appsumo so for a very small investment I have gotten a ton of value

Vorteile: Love how simple it is to use, easy to customize the appearance of videos and with the new editing tools I can easily crop and trim up the videos I create. This has been an awesome solution for both quick tutorials and for adding a video component to all of our proposals and reports. Being able to walk a client through these documents by video and then also know if/when they actually viewed them is awesome.

Nachteile: A few times my videos have failed to process, although that has been a while so the issue seems to be resolved. I would love to be able to completely hide the controls on some videos but closing them works just fine

Omar A.
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.8.2020

"Easy to use Screen recording software!!"

Kommentare: So far it has hit the mark for us. We use it as an explainer video screen recording solution

Vorteile: It is a google extension, so no new software to install
Easy to use with big easy to read buttons
Plenty of customizable functions, if needed
Can easy custom edit videos and brand the player
Easy to understand analytics

Nachteile: Would be nice if I had the option to show myself in either a circle shape or customize the size of the image

Matthew J.
  • Bewertet am 10.8.2020

"Claps for Clapboard by StoryXpress"

Kommentare: Overall the experience has been positive. The service has been largely reliable and easy to use and there have been improvements since buying into it, so that's good to see.

Vorteile: While there were some initial bumps in the road when using the software, it has since been fixed, which results in being able to easily and conveniently capture video to share with others. You can do a Face-only intro, you have drawing/presenting tools, and more available to you. The upload time is pretty quick and the ability to brand your video page and CNAME it is awesome as well. There are other things like CTAs and banners that you can add to spruce up your final product!

Nachteile: My biggest annoyance/hurdle with Clapboard is that they don't have 1080p or 4k recording and their response is to create a desktop app to do so. But other products such as Loom and Nimbus offer these features within their extensions, without additional downloads, so the technology obviously exists, so I'm not sure why Clapboard feels the need to go this other route rather than support those two resolutions via the browser extension.

Genienne S.
CEO/President
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Record and Go!"

Vorteile: I love using this product to not only connect with my team quicker and more efficiently, but to connect and engage with my clients. The software is easy to use, easy to understand, easy to set up and easy to share. I use it for my team to explain and show instructions on job tasks... I also use videos (showing my face) to respond to client emails, instead of just replying via written text. My clients are WOW'd when they are able to watch a personalized video from me!

Nachteile: On two separate occasions, I recorded videos and the never processed so the client was not able to view the videos. I had to re-record them :(

Paul C.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 28.7.2020

"Needed a quick screen recorder, especially for describing technical issues"

Kommentare: Have used it several times to show tech support what I need to show them instead of having to type it out. I work with many vendors and software companies as an entrepreneur so being able to express my problem through video that's immediately shareable is invaluable and saves me SO much time. Overall a very positive experience. It's not something I need every day, but when I need it, it does the job better than anything I've used.

Vorteile: Incredibly easy and fast to use. You click a button, it's recording, when you're finished, it gives you a shareable link right away. No waiting. No messing with settings or rendering to a local file or having to upload. It's just done and you can move on with your day. Also like the ability to draw or text on the screen while recording though I haven't used that yet, but I know it's possible.

Nachteile: Want to be able to select an area of the screen to record, but it doesn't do that. Would like to be able to set defaults instead of having to select the options I want every time. Like when I activate it, it'd be nice if it was already set to Audio Off and Screen Only. Doesn't lower my score, it's just a "would be nice" feature.

Tara A.
Owner/Founder
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.7.2020

"Not always intuitive, but great for customer interactions!"

Kommentare: StoryXpress enables me to shorten my response time when it comes to replying to our clients. We are also using it to record behind the scenes videos that show our mailing list new things we're trying, whcih creates a lot of engagement with our list.

Vorteile: Part our service to our authors is that we coach them on the things they need to do. When they have questions, they email them in to us. StoryXpress has made it easy for me to record short replies that would otherwise have taken much longer to respond to. And our clients love the videos!

Nachteile: There are some aspects of the tool that are not intuitive, like how to edit a clip. And when I first started using them, they allowed you to tag videos, which it appears they no longer allow you to do.

• Bewertet am 27.7.2020
Jennifer S.
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 22.7.2020

"A fully immersive brand experience"

Kommentare: Fantastic! It was one of my best purchases on appsumo and I'm thrilled to be a user and fan.

Vorteile: For a brand strategist, StoryXpress is the ultimate win for me. I'm able to provide a cohesive look/feel for my clients through the customized video landing pages. I can easily share my thoughts, my screen, my work with less back and forth than ever before.

Nachteile: I wish there was an easier way to use the tools while recording. Sometimes I feel like I click on draw, then have to remember to go back in to click through cursor. It would be great if there was an easier way to "x" out of a feature while recording live.

• Bewertet am 22.7.2020
Sales
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.7.2020

"Good Products for what I need"

Kommentare: Overall, I really like StoryXpress, it does exactly what I need & they seem to have some pretty great features coming in the near future

Vorteile: I really needed a "Loom-like" software which allows me to create video recordings. The problem with Loom is that when I send links to my subscribers, they don't necessarily know what "loom.com" is & they sometimes down click the link to watch the video.
StoryXpress solves that issue by allowing us to add Cname for all shareable links.
This is by far my favorite feature & the reason I subscribed.

Nachteile: Nothing that I hated, but the Video uploading/rendering speed could (and should) be faster (my internet is pretty fast & reliable - based out of USA).
The upload speed of StoryXpress compared to Loom is probably 2 times slower.
It could get annoying when you record a video & just want to quickly shoot it out to your subscriber to watch right away.

Cherie H.
Sales and Marketing Manager
Versorgungsunternehmen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

"Better than the rest"

Kommentare: We need a way to virtually present options to potetial clients that we could not meet with in person due to covid, this screen recording with the camera was an easy solution. This way the video could be shared with all decision makers and rewatched and potetial reused if it was not too specific. The second solution we needed was to be able to create processes and do training virtually for the now remote staff.

Vorteile: I have tried many screen/video recording software and StoryExpress has been the easiest to implement for the team. If you are looking to get your team on board and implementing fast this is the way to go. It is very intuitive and robust to meet all of your needs.

Nachteile: I haven't found a Con - I literally choose this software after using many others.

Noud D.
Web Developer
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.8.2020

"Feature rich and easy to use!"

Kommentare: Quick videos to customers to help walk them through their online platform and explain features in detail for future reference.

Vorteile: The ease of use and add our own branding to the videos

Nachteile: We like the software! We did not find anything that needs improving.

• Bewertet am 6.8.2020
Marcus C.
  • Bewertet am 18.7.2020

"Great little tool!"

Vorteile: Very easy to use, better limits than alternatives, so it's more economical.
Use it nearly every day - clients love having things explained in a video walkthrough rather than getting lost in translation via an email.
The team use it to explain problems and can get a better answer.

Nachteile: Only one thing I don't like (and I haven't searched for a fix or asked support, so it might just be me) but it does't save my login so I have to re-login every day.

• Bewertet am 18.7.2020
Jacopo G.
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.7.2020

"Not Your Ordinary Video Tool!"

Kommentare: The most complete tool I''ve ever found in 5 years. I love it 'cause I use it either for both internal team members training and for marketing purposes. An all in one tool. Strongly suggested.

Vorteile: I like the speed, the features and the very quick customer service

Nachteile: It could be less expensive, and it could be quicker in the upload of the analytics.

• Bewertet am 29.7.2020
Carsten P.
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.7.2020

"Great for marketing & operations"

Vorteile: StoryXpress helps us document processes, create custom marketing & sales videos and streamline our operations. It's been an incredible addition to our tech stack.

Nachteile: The only limitation I can think of is the limited number of embeds, but apart from that there's nothing not to like.

Aditya M.
Logistik & Lieferkette, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.5.2020

"Ease of use"

Kommentare: I discovered StoryXpress recorder while browsing the chrome store and I have been amazed by the simplicity and ease of using. At the same time, the overall platform provides best in class video marketing tools and it is not limited to video recording. With this you can also host your videos, and convert videos into lead generating machines. If you want to get the best out of your video marketing efforts, I would definitely recommend this.

Vorteile: I really like the custom branding feature, one can customize the video player and the video pages (unlike loom). Analytics and heat maps are pretty powerful. I also use Playlist feature a lot to create video playlists to send out to the clients.

Nachteile: There are some minor bugs here and there. I also wish if system can allow offline recordings.

• Bewertet am 13.5.2020
Adrian W.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

"Great for quick video"

Kommentare: Been a great experience so far, I use it mainly to create quick personalised videos for prospects/clients. Simple to start from the browser extension, quick to save and be available to share the link. I have customised it to have brand colours, a logo that links to my booking page.

Vorteile: This software is great for doing quick videos that can be quickly shared - think Loom - with your own branding, a link on the customisable player that can include your logo with a link to a booking page or whatever suits your need.
Also has the ability to add CTA's, forms, trim the video, create playlists and much more.
Quick and simple to use from the browser extension allowing sharing with or without webcam, create the video then share the link.

Nachteile: So far I haven't found any issues that have been a problem.

Brett F.
  • Bewertet am 31.7.2020

"Solid video recording and analytics app"

Vorteile: I really like that I can quickly and easily create videos for clients, partners, etc. The Chrome extension is really easy to use. After recording, I can send those videos and get analytics about the videos like view count, engagement, location, browser, etc. I also really like that I can custom brand my video pages. Each video is sent with my domain name (CNAME support) and has my logo and background on the page.

Nachteile: Early on it was pretty buggy, but they've really come along way. I don't like that they put a limit on the number of videos I can embed with my plan. The video player works fine, but I'd like to see them modernize it a little.

• Bewertet am 31.7.2020
Neil S.
  • Bewertet am 3.8.2020

"Fantastic screen cap video recording"

Vorteile: I love the way it automatically embeds my videos on a branded page, so I can easily share a URL of a webpage and my clients can easily watch my video there.

Nachteile: If my connection is crappy the upload bombs out and I have to re-record the video.

Maksym S.
Marketing Automation Expert
  • Bewertet am 5.8.2020

"Nice alternative for Loom"

Kommentare: Nice tool to use for quick video recording, tutorials, sharing with team
I like possibility to re upload the video if errors happaned during the uploading

Vorteile: Purchased it on Appsumo as a lifetime deal - fast speed of uploading video
- nice functionality of branding etc
- CTA and passworf functionality

Nachteile: - support was very slow
- somethimes video is not uploading
- I had hard time to add new videos to existent Folders

• Bewertet am 5.8.2020
Mark S.
Founder | CEO
  • Bewertet am 3.8.2020

"Story Xpress is My Loom Alternative, Love it"

Kommentare: Overall I Love Story Xpress and look forward to new features by the Team

Vorteile: I really enjoy Story Xpress as my goto Loom alternative, it is really simple to use and I like that i can see all my recorded videos in a simple to view dashboard.

Nachteile: sometimes the chrome extension does not record the video (small hiccups ) does not happen often but it has happened. a few times

Sally H.
  • Bewertet am 3.8.2020

"Intuitive & packed with features."

Kommentare: At the moment, I'm mainly using StoryXpress for training videos. I plan to use it for copy critiques and presentations in the future though.

Vorteile: I like the fact I can brand and track videos. I haven't had the chance to make the most of this functionality yet, but I have plenty of use-cases in mind for it.

Nachteile: Sometimes it's hard to get out of the 'face only intro' to go straight to the screen. But that's probably user-error!

Ellie S.
  • Bewertet am 10.8.2020

"Easy to use software to make quick videos"

Kommentare: I've been using StoryXpress (specifically Clapboard) to create instructional videos to send to my clients and so far they have loved it! It also saves me a huge amount of time, as previously I was writing out the instructions step-by-step and creating screenshots. I'm also planning to publish some video FAQs on my website and create a few YouTube instructional videos, so looking forward to using the software more.

Vorteile: Setting up StoryXpress (Clapboard) was really simple - I just followed the instructions to download the Chrome extension and it took less than 10 minutes to get started on my first video. The software is really intuitive - you can either record your face, record the screen, record your face and screen at the same time, or make the video out of a mixture of those options. The videos are available almost immediately in the dashboard, and it's super easy to either download them or send the link to clients to view. You can also add CTAs and other features fairly easily, but I haven't had any need to use those features so far.

Nachteile: It would be great to be able to blur out details in the video. Perhaps this is already a feature, but I haven't been able to find it