Über FOUNDATION

FOUNDATION® ist ein führendes Rechnungsprogramm für Handwerker und Bau, ein vollständig integriertes Auftragsbuchhaltungs- und Projektmanagementsystem.

Erfahre mehr über FOUNDATION

Cost, user friendliness, help screens updated and online, and support is second to none.

I had problems with importing information. Foundation was able to assist me in correcting the issue.

Bewertungen zu FOUNDATION

4,0

FOUNDATION hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 179 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du FOUNDATION bereits verwendet?

Joseph
Joseph
Senior Engineer in Kenia
Tiefbau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Agrxis Review on FOUNDATION

Kommentare: I've had a really good overall experience with FOUNDATION. As the proprietor of a legal office, I have discovered this software to be a dependable and all-inclusive option for running my business. My process has been substantially simplified, and my efficiency has grown, thanks to the powerful features and simple interface. For me, it has been a game-changer to be able to manage activities like time tracking, billing, document management, and customer contact on a one platform. The reporting and analytics features of the program have also given me insightful information on the productivity and profitability of my company. Additionally, the customer service staff has always been accommodating and supportive anytime I've had queries or ran into problems.

I thought FOUNDATION was a fantastic piece of software for my legal practice. Its extensive feature set that is tailored precisely to the requirements of law practices is one of the characteristics of it that I loved the most. My financial administration duties, such as billing, invoicing, and trust accounting, have been greatly streamlined by FOUNDATION's powerful and user-friendly accounting module. I like how well it synchronizes data and allows for efficient workflows with other crucial systems, such time tracking and case management. My firm's financial status has been made clear to me thanks to the configurable reporting features, which have helped me make wise business decisions.

Although FOUNDATION has been an amazing software solution for my legal practice generally, there are a few features that I didn't think were as great. The learning curve needed to grasp its advanced functions is among the aspects of it that I liked least. It took me some time and effort to completely comprehend and use the system as a new user.

CFO/Controller/Director in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Foundation Software makes construction accounting easy to understand.

Kommentare: Foundation has made record keeping easy and ready for outside auditors review procedures.

Absolutely nothing! Hope to expand our usage of Foundation software because we believe that we have not experienced the whole package benefit to date with different modules.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear you're finding our software and support to be a valuable asset in all areas of your business. We look forward to a continued relationship with you and your team. You mentioned you'd like to expand your usage with our software. Check out the many Sales Demos available to you on the Client Portal. If you have any questions about that, or want to have someone from our team contact you, please let me know. I'm happy to help. Again, thank you! -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Misty
Project Administrator in USA

Foundation User

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: All in all very satisfied and would recommend this to any business.

I like the ability to pull & filter reports for job. It really allows you to narrow things down.

I do not like how there are so many steps and windows to go through to update an AIA pay App.

letzten Monat

Thank you for your great review Misty! It's wonderful to hear that you're taking advantage of our robust reporting options. If you're interested in discussing the possibility of streamlining your AIA's with an import, I'd be happy to facilitate that for you. Feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with. – Libby Suchy, Client Success Manager lss@foundationsoft.com

lou
Vice President in
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Strong Program, lack of support and updates

Kommentare: There are better programs out there.

The program does it all besides estimating. Has a good system of checks and balances and everything is tracked so very hard for employees to cover their tracks. It does a lot well but everything has its hiccups.

There are several things I dislike about the product as it has so much potential to be 10x better yet they have no ambition to make it better. 95% up the updates released by foundation software are fixes to glitches or problems. Very rarely is there an actual new feature or upgrade to the program. There are several flaws with the program that would be easy to fix, which have been suggested but go unanswered. Such as the pages scroll very awkwardly, they jump at the end of the page onto the next page but not at the top of the page. Very difficult to review a report on the screen when it keeps going back and forth. Their support team must have a very high turnover as everytime I call I know more than the person who is suppose to be providing the support. To their credit they do go and get the right answer and get back to you but the typical resolution to a problem is 24 hours. For us 2 hours is a long time when your waiting on an important resolution such as payroll.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Hi Al. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your thoughts on FOUNDATION. Honestly it is not what we expected to hear from you and are deeply concerned about your disappointment. We strive to produce the absolute best product and service for our clients, although we understand at times using new software can be frustrating. One of our training managers will reach out this week to coordinate a time that’s convenient for you and discuss your concerns in greater detail. We hope that you will take our call so we can work toward resolving any outstanding issues and make FOUNDATION a successful accounting investment for your construction business. We look forward to working with you.

Gayle
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Software, Very Good Value, Oustanding Support. Usually get call back within 30 minutes

Kommentare: We save time on payroll since we no longer had to manually enter time cards for all the field employees. Project managers can easily view their project reports, rather than have to wait for a report to be printed and given to them.

Ease of use. Once we got past the implementation, which was really pretty simple, we were off and running. Payroll importing of timecards feature is outstanding, no daily data entry except for overhead employees. You create your menu an follow the steps. Accounts Payable features are easy to use and data input in quick and easy, allows you to attached copies of the invoices so others can see what was shipped and invoiced. Check writing is simple and automatically creates additional invoice stub if invoices exceed allowed space on check.

Would like to see ability to create more reports and lists without all the other data on the report. Must import to excel for some things, which to me is an extra step that could be avoided. Ability to insert blank lines on lists to separate employees on custom employee lists. Doesn't have subaccounts for accounts that you want in more detail, such as repairs to your building or keeping auto expenses separately if you don't purchase the equipment module.

Mendy
Accounting in USA

Foundation

Kommentare: Overall experience was good after initial set up. Once program was learned it was easy to navigate

Software was easy to use after initial training. invoice attachments was new to us so that was very helpful.

The reports had the details of what i needed but when trying to export them they would come out unreadable.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Hi Mendy, thank you for sharing your thoughts about FOUNDATION. We're happy your experience with us has been positive and you've found our software easy to use. I noticed you haven't been actively using our software for some time but I'd love to talk with you and get some feedback on your customer support rating. As we strive to provide quality client support and a great product, we are always looking for ways to improve. Please let me know of a good time to reach you. Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Ed
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good product for construction companies

Kommentare: Our users regularly give positive feedback, finding Foundation easier to use than our prior system. Support is excellent - we can submit help tickets online through the software and get calls back within 60-90 minutes (faster for the few times we indicated it was a critical issue). They use a customized version of TeamViewer to connect to our system and walk us through new processes or show us how to resolve problems.

Consistency of workflow across modules, tight integration with their Payroll4Construction product, and minimal conflicts when multiple users are in the same module. Our prior accounting system gave us conflicts daily. Posting is also a streamlined process with good paperless options. It is easy to modify print templates for invoices, checks, etc.

The report module could be a bit more robust in terms of creating custom reports. But we've been able to build reports that meet our needs, even they aren't quite as customized as in our prior system (which used Crystal Reports).

Christine
Executive Administrative Assistant in USA

Foundation

Kommentare: The support team has been great, especially during the pandemic.

Ease of use, I liked how there is a practice database to use.

Tends to be glitchy at times, also the character limitation maybe an issue in the future.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Hi Christine, Thank you for your positive review and taking time to share your feedback about FOUNDATION. We are so happy you're finding the software easy to use and that it's been beneficial in all areas of your business. Our Support Team has been working very hard and will be pleased to know they have continued to provide top notch service throughout the crazy year we've all had. So, thank you again and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Diane
Office Manager/Comptroller in USA

FOUNDATION Construction Accounting Review

Kommentare: I have found this software to cover the majority of what I needed, and find that new things are added on a regular basis Customer Service is great. FSI has been great helping with forms to support our needs.

Liked that it had a Construction Friendly Platform.

Security was not as good at the beginning. Doing good now.

Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good construction software especially for payroll.

Kommentare: The customer service team and system works really well.

The payroll features when it came to tracking union jobs and prevailing wage.

The features and system is overall very outdated and archaic.

Melodie
AP Specialist in USA

Horrible IT

Kommentare: IT is unable to trouble shoot issues with freezing and crashes. They take too long to respond. They are unwilling or unable to provide clear solutions. Error messages keep accruing. They blame their customer without providing clear guidance or attempting to upgrade their servers, programming, etc. Their training videos are awful. The software is not data entry friendly--too much mouse work. The AP team is unable to work simultaneously without "server not responding" messages that freeze multiple people. Too much crashing with lost entries & document attachments.

Exported reports to Excel are easy to data filter.

Constant crashes, freezes, and error messages. Unable to select or unselect more data for specified report running. Too much clicking and not enough options to keep hands on keyboard for data entry. Inability to run reports while doing entry with document imaging. Training videos are too long and difficult to find specific information. Examples in training videos sounded like presenter didn't know what they were talking about. Horrific IT assistance. The entry screen cannot be minimized or maximized to assist with reading. The data entry screen is too wide to fit without scrolling. IT doesn't understand how the AP module works because they are unable to classify what the error messages mean and what the specific error or crash issue is with entry.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Hi Melodie, Thank you for your recent review. I'm sorry you've had a frustrating experience and we definitely appreciate you bringing your issue to our attention. There's nothing worse than tech issues interfering with productivity. I'm happy to let you know we are already on this, communicating with your IT team, ensuring the underlying tech issues are resolved. You should see improvements immediately. And, let me know if you'd like to discuss other options for self-help resources in lieu of our training webinars. I'm always happy to help. Thanks again! Robin, Client Success Advocate, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Jane
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: Cary & Associates Builders, Inc. is an award-winning Full Service General Contractor specializing in negotiated projects for the Design and Construction of Commercial, Industrial, Winery and Agricultural buildings. We used a very well-known complex construction software for approximately 18 years. Through the years, the problems with the software were accompanied by inordinate increases in support fees. We discussed each year whether to renew our support or look for another construction software. In April of 2003, it became obvious that the software could not be kept up and running and we had constant "crashes". At the same time we received the next year's support contract for about $6,000. It was the last straw for us. I began a search for a new software because I knew our system would crash as soon as our support ran out (which it did). I interviewed everyone I could locate and talked to our subcontractors. Our CFO said that ultimately I would have to go with my "gut" feeling and pick one. He said if it did not work out, we would just buy another one next year and we would still be ahead of the game. All my instincts said to buy FOUNDATION. With a lot of trepidation, I purchased the software and bought a ticket to Cleveland to attend training. FOUNDATION was able to help me before I got to class by transferring my Vendors, Job Numbers, Cost Codes, etc. into my new FOUNDATION Software. I had pulled my G/L down in the middle of our FYE and was ready to open it as soon as I knew what I was doing. Surprisingly, by the end of the week, we ran my first payroll right in class! We spread open my G/L and we were ready to go. They dropped my information off on a disk and I headed for home. The following Monday, we rolled FOUNDATION out on our server and have never had so much as a glitch in anything, let alone a crash. Once it was up and running, our team has able to learn the system easily. It is very user-friendly. Any problems or questions, you can click on the support button and get a call back in about 20 minutes! They can also connect directly to your computer (with permission) and help show you how to fix a problem (human generated) or they will fix it for you! Love it! We have benefited in so many ways it would be hard to describe them all. We are currently on version 11.9 and FOUNDATION has just rolled out their new automated update that updates your server and clients automatically! I suppose one of the biggest benefits is the amount of time it has saved. I used to work every holiday due to having to make hard closures, etc. but with FOUNDATION I have not worked a holiday since 2003! This system is astoundingly efficient. The AIA billing is easily reversed if an architect or owner decides on a different amount. The certified payroll is a dream. Although we are not union, it prepares multi-state, multi-county, multi-union etc. It does a wonderful printout for the 941 and in California our DE9. Our CPA loves the Fixed Asset module. He framed the first print out since he said he had never had one so accurate. Quite simply, we love FOUNDATION! We get great customer service from real people and a software solution that keeps progressing and enlarging on concepts to help construction companies!

Leesa
Administrative Assistant in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent software and exceptional techinical support

We have used Foundation Construction Accounting for almost fifteen years. We have been extremely pleased with this software and it continues to be one of the most reliable and well-developed software that we use in our firm. Very user-friendly and logical in its processes. Reporting is excellent and is not only used by our accounting staff, but also by our project management staff to monitor job performance and budget/cost comparisons. Foundation is very responsive to client requests for changes/improvements to various modules/reporting. And the technical support team is incredible!! Not once have we ever reached out to technical support that they were unable to solve our issue in a prompt and precise manner! The technical support provided is one of the best reasons to use Foundation.

There is not anything that we do not like about this software.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Wow! Thank you so much, Leesa! We're blown away by your positive words. We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review and we're so glad you've found our software to be valuable in all areas of your business. As we constantly work on ways to increase the value we provide for our clients, it's great to hear we've been meeting those expectations for you and T&M Tilt-Up throughout the years. We look forward to many more with you. Please let me know if there's anything you need. Always happy to help! -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Lynn
Tiefbau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Construction Accounting Softwarez!

When the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company and myself did our initial search of our Construction Accounting Software, Foundation Software beat three competitors by providing a better program in these areas: 1. Job costing 2. The report genie (No more expensive crystal reports) 3. Payroll module including certified payroll reports and the ability to upload certified payroll to the DIR in California or to Lcp Tracker. 4. The ability to cloud foundation software with SaaS 5. The customer support 6. The price point

All cam software like Viewpoint, Sage 300 or Foundation Software will never be a perfect software. As a user of all three in my career, I can always find an issue with each of them. The only issue so far with Foundation Software is the invoice approval of accounts payable invoices. I feel it is not seamless like their competitors, so we are using an old school method of approval. Our project manager code the invoices by hand and use manila folders. In regards to my cam comment and fairness to Foundation Software, Viewpoint reporting is done by crystal reports which is very expensive and Sage 300 just need a face lift to make more user friendly.

Stu
CFO/Controller in
Glas, Keramik & Beton, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Foundation Construction - Decent Entry Level Software

Kommentare: If you need a basic software this is as good as anything else out there. You will be pleased with migrating away from manual systems, but will probably be ready to migrate again in 5-7 years to a more robust package.

Handles AP/AR/Gl/PR/ and job costing adequately. This is definitely a step up from Quick Books. Good customer support when contacted.

Very little help collateral for clients. Usually, a software whether ERP, Office, or even photo/video editing has a robust users group with many YouTube videos online to provide a self-service kiosk of information and recommendations on how people use the software. Virtually everything online is aimed at marketing the product, not supporting existing users. The Help Desk people are great, but I would rather be able to research my own solutions from people that are actually in the industry using the software rather than programmers.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about FOUNDATION. We’re committed to helping you however we can and value the opportunity to know if you find we’re falling short in any area. Client education resources is something we’ve been deeply passionate about, and we’re excited to share our current offerings with you. Our client advocacy specialist will reach out to walk you through the many resources we provide, including webinars, how-to videos, FAQs and our client forum. We’d also love to hear if there’s anything else you think we can provide to help with your success on FOUNDATION. It’s our goal to continue working hard to provide you with a positive experience on FOUNDATION.

Vera
CFO in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Glad I switched to Foundation

Kommentare: Our company began the transition to Foundation in September 2020, with a go-live date of Jan. 1, 2021. It was an extremely smooth transition from beginning to end. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was my trainer and he was the key for a successful implementation. Training was very thorough and tailored specifically to our needs. The actual implementation went off without a hitch. We were thoroughly and adequately supported in the first few months of actual use of the software.

I like just about everything about Foundation--it's user-friendly, intuitive. The reports are useful and there's virtually a report for everything I need. Customer support is excellent. Foundation makes my job so much easier because it takes so little effort to accomplish my daily and monthly administrative tasks compared to my previous software.

I honestly can't think of a negative at this point. One thing that would be helpful is the option to interface with customer support via email for straightforward questions instead of waiting for a call back.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Hi Vera, Wow! We are blown away by your positive words, thank you! We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review. It's great to hear your experience with us from implementation to the day-to-day has met or exceeded your expectations. That's what we love to hear. We look forward to a long and wonderful relationship with you and your team at RC Underground. Thanks again and please reach out if there is anything you need. Always happy to help. -Robin, Client Success Advocate, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Shelley
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Product and Support

Kommentare: I love having great support and they get back to me right away.

Easy to use and works well for our industry

Some areas are hard to taylor to our needs but tech finds a way around it.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Thanks Shelley! We appreciate your kind words about our software and we're happy to hear our Client Support Team has been doing an awesome job for you and your team. That's our goal! We're excited to see you are reaping the benefits from our robust union reporting as well. As you know, those can get pretty complicated. Thanks again and we look forward to continuing to provide the service and product you expect from us. -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Toni
ADMINISTRATOR in USA

GREAT TIMESAVER!

Kommentare: We are enjoying the product immensely, but it's not hard coming from doing everything by hand and with QuickBooks.

The new accounting system is taking some time to get used to; however, we came over from using QuickBooks Pro Desktop and doing so many calculations by hand. We weren't able to run accurate reports because we were very limited on how job costing worked in QuickBooks. Foundation has completely changed that! We are able to automate so many things such as Job Costing, Material Tracking, Payroll, Invoice approvals for AP, tie our correspondence via e-mail right to a job, and track our equipment all in one place and tie each transaction right to a job, when necessary. We are still very new with the company, but we are looking forward to many years of service with Foundation.

So far, we haven't found too much that we don't like. The set up is very detailed, but the implementation team is FABULOUS. The biggest thing that we haven't liked, is that our sales person and our account manager are not the same person. We had built a great relationship with our Sales person over the 6 months we were looking for a new ERP. Now, I feel like I have to explain everything about our business all over again, and possibly again once the implementation team is completed.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Hi Toni! Thanks for the great review! It's great to hear you're happy with your decision to switch over from QuickBooks. We get a lot of former QB users who have moved to our software because of its extensive Job Costing capabilities. We're so glad you're finding it valuable for your business as well. We're honored you've trusted us to be your construction accounting software provider and look forward to a continued relationship with you and your team for years to come. -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Brandon
Accounts Payable and Payroll Manager in USA

Accounts Payroll/HR User

I did not like most of the things that Foundation had to offer. I guess I could say after a few years you could navigate it because you were used to its quirks

The list is expansive. The system is unwieldy, unstable, and the customer service was rude and mostly unhelpful.

vor 7 Monaten

Hi Brandon. Thank you for your review and for sharing your thoughts about FOUNDATION. I'm sorry to hear of your experiences with not only our product, but our Support Department. We understand issues can arise, and we have many troubleshooting and escalation processes in place to ensure client support requests will be resolved quickly and satisfactorily. I would like the opportunity to talk to you further to discuss your experience in more detail so we can understand where things may have fallen short. Please contact me at success@foundationsoft.com so we can schedule a time to talk. I look forward to hearing from you. – Libby Suchy, Client Success Manager.

Annette

Why I like Foundation Software

Kommentare: We have had a great experience with the Foundation company for the last 6 years and would definitely recommend the software to other construction companies. I always get a timely response if I need technical support.

I liked the fact the the AIA billing and the Certified Payrolls were integrated into the software. I was using Excel for my CPR's before. Foundation Software is very user friendly.

I really don't have anything that I don't like about the software.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Hi Annette! Thank you for your great review. We're happy to hear you find the software easy to use and we've exceeded your expectations with our AIA and Certified Payroll capabilities. It is our commitment to keep meeting the needs of your team in both product and service. We look forward to great working relationship for years to come. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Always happy to help. -Robin, Client Success Advocate rmo@foundationsoft.com

Cheryl
Office Mgr in USA

Customer Support

We mainly use Foundation for AR/AP and payroll. Easy to use but there are a lot of functions that we still do not use. I'm sure if I took the time to learn the other areas that we don't use it would make my life a lot easier and reports more accurate and efficient. And the ultimate feature is customer support......When I make mistakes, they always come through and fix my errors!

No cons to this software that I can think of at the moment.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Hi Cheryl, Thanks for such a nice review. We're thrilled you find our software easy to use and that it's working well for your AP, AR and Payroll needs. It's also great to hear you're pleased with the assistance our Client Support provides. What I'd like to do is have someone from our team reach out to you and discuss some functions that could possibly help make day-to-day procedures in the software more productive for you and your team, Let me know of a time that's convenient for you and I'll get that set up. Thanks again! -Robin, Client Success Advocate, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Francesca
Business Admin in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

FOUNDATION Construction Accounting

Kommentare: FOUNDATION for our business, is just that, our Foundation. It has become a valuable part of our everyday input and reporting that keeps us organized and compliant. We utilize many of the modules and learn more about the Software features every day. We appreciate the very helpful Customer Support and use it often for help. They answer efficiently and walk you through things, so it also teaches you to better use the software. We are very happy with FOUNDATION and only hope to incorporate it more into our daily and yearly tasks.

FOUNDATION is user friendly, but there are many advanced features that allow for great reporting and organization. We enjoy utilizing the many Modules for different aspects of our business and it keeps all of our information in one place that is easy to call up, report and organize. We are able to efficiently answer questions and share information and it has become invaluable to our business.

There are sometimes small features that we realize they could implement, for instance, when there is a long list, there would be a search bar available.

Noel
Acct. Payable in USA

Great software

Kommentare: Over all I am happy we have it. The reports are easy to use and entering invoices, jobs, vendors and all that is easy. Their customer service is probably the best I have seen.

Easy to use. I did not have a lot of training but figured it out pretty fast. When I cant find something or do something, their customer service is right there helping. I love that they can take control and show you where to go.

There are a lot of add-ons that cost extra. Also, it would be great if there was some stuff you couple permanently delete so it would show up anymore.

Antwort von Foundation Software

Noel, thank you for your great review! We're so glad you've been having success on FOUNDATION. Absolutely keep reaching out to our support department whenever you need help, and if there's ever anything else we can do for you and your company, just let us know! -Robin, rmo@foundationsoft.com

Mark

My Foundation Software Experience

We opted to use the SAS application. Since we pay a monthly fee we get 100% support free of charge. Also Foundation takes care of the tax tables and has them preloaded.

I think Foundation is somewhat resistive to outside suggestions. Currently they want them submitted in writing by a user, someone like myself. I'd like to on the phone explain what the suggestion is and a Foundation employee write up the suggestion. That way they could see what the requested change is and see whether or not its a good idea. I'd feel as though my suggestion at least got a hearing ear and didn't end up in the trash can.

Ana
CFO in USA

Foundation Review

Easy to use, reliable and excellent customer support

Reconciliation between job cost and general ledger

Antwort von Foundation Software

Thanks for the awesome review, Ana! As we continuously strive to provide a great product and great service, it's great to hear we are hitting the mark for you and your team at Superior Building Systems. As far as the issues you are experiencing with Job Cost and GL reconciliation, I'd like to have you talk with our Client Services Team to see how we can help with that. Please let me know of a good time and I will have someone reach out. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again! Robin, Client Success Advocate, rmo@foundationsoft.com